Moosend

Email marketing, campaign management & automation software

Moosend Reviews

Pros

The Moosend team is so much faster and more helpful in comparison to the MailChimp team. John was outstanding in helping me with my DNS issue.

Chaucy D.

Rick S.

It's always a pleasurable experience solving problems with these guys, simply awesome. They are very responsive, engaging, super helpful and always able to find a solution quickly.

Mike S.

Correy O.

There are these businesseses/software providers that make running my business a pain, difficult, stressful. I try to stay away from these or switch to something else ASAP when I come across them.

I needed something I could use that would let me fire out a newsletter from registration to send in 5 minutes.

John S.

Very good product / Super strong support

Transcript

Regis: Hi, I'm Regis. I'm Chief Product Officer and I give a five star rating at Moosend. If you want...

Moosend is Amazing!

Moosend has revolutionized our internal comms. Previously we used to depend on standard form emails or wait for a design expert to assist us but now we design our own emails.

Pros

The best thing is their customer service, it is unparalleled. Another amazing thing is the lack of restrictions for free users.

Cons

The fact that they do not have a mobile app yet or that their website is not mobile friendly.

If you're looking for the best ESP, LOOK NO FURTHER.

I'm confident I will be using Moosend for the very long-term. Moosend offers everything I'm looking for and are eager to improve. Support is AMAZING, top notch, I've been blown away with the reporting features, the platform is super easy, intuitive and FUN to use,.. . I could keep going! I'm seriously happy with my experience. There are these businesseses/software providers that make running my business...

Pros

- The free subaccount feature with basic whitelabel functionalities, all for free or included even in the most basic paid plan. - The top notch, first class, friendly support team. Seriously, this is worth gold. I would never ever use another software in my business that doesn't offer great live chat support. This is a must. Whenever I have a question, I don't waste any time. I just ask and usually...

Cons

Nothing, really. Except that the whitelabel functionality currently has some holes that need to be filled. I was assured though that they have lots of changes lined up in this regard. So I'm just patiently waiting for those to be implemented. If they nail the pricing structure on those plans as well, Moosend will be the PERFECT solution for both agencies as well as individuals.

One of the worst e-mail marketing products that I have ever used

I have been managing marketing teams for more than 10 years and I can easily say that Moosend is one of the worst Saas companies that I have worked with.Probably the worst. Customer experience is poorly managed and the quality of customer communications is at best, frustrating.

Pros

Moosend is cheaper compared its core competition.

Cons

There is a reason for Moosend positioning itself as a cheaper alternative to other email marketing and automation providers. Frankly, it is not even a decent alternative. Moosend has limited analytics capabilities, has a terribly slow user interface and very limited features. But the worst of all - it appears that Moosend has reputation issues with anything related to Yahoo!, Aol and Verizon. No matter...

New and impressed user.

So far so good. Working on switching over my automations as we speak.

Pros

They offer so much for an affordable cost and the subscriber amount they allow in the same price range is more than half of the other guys.

Cons

It is a but of a learning curve when you are used to using something like convert it. But once you learn it it is really easy to use. Plus their customer support is the best I have ever seen.

Moosend Customer Service is Excellent

Overall in terms of value, I highly recommend using it especially for people who have a larger list and don't send email frequently.

Pros

I recently experienced an error with a Zapier app and their customer service resolved the issue in under 12 hours. They even reached out to me telling me to retry. With larger companies, you often have to contact them for a status update.

Cons

They are frequently making updates to the functionality and UI/UX. It doesn't have the polish or simplicity that I liked with Mailchimp but it is getting better. Creating a message in their automation tool is different from their main campaign builder so it isn't as user friendly.

High fives!

I love the Academy and its resources and I see them both as a chance to learn and to drive potential revenues. The follow-up videos after signing up were excellent and crammed full of things that I needed to know. Most recently I have had the need to make a particular enquiry relating to compliance matters and I found the assistance I received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fast, helpful and very detailed. This benefited me by ensuring that I could answer client's questions quickly and plan for future compliance reviews armed with the right information.

Pros

When first looked at the software I knew instinctively that I wanted to use it. It is really easy to set up lists and to watch the stats so wee where campaigns are most helpful. It has a clean UI and the bits of the site that carry the most functionality and light and fast and easy to navigate. Really well planned out. That is why I loved it at first sight.

Cons

It is not quite so straightforward possibly if you have never dealt with at least some more techy lingo around the use of emails and email servers, but the resources are there to help you learn and the technical assistance is rapid.

A hidden gem

Pros

I enjoy the simple, but powerful use of this software. It's design and user-friendly. I can set up campaigns, sales and landing pages with ease. I also LOVE the quick-to-respond customer service. They have always helped me.

Cons

There isn't anything I have found that is lacking yet!

Powertool for all Marketing needs

Moosend has been able to solve our email marketing needs. Powerful Automation tools allows us to leverage machine work, and really good tracking with custom tracking on websites helps us to identify where our sales pipeline chokes.

Pros

Best part in Moosend has been really powerful Automation tools, which are included from free tier upwards. Different tiers and their pricing is also very competitive compared to other tools, which feels like it is scaling reasonably, instead of holding back important features for only high level tiers.

Cons

Some parts of Moosend has sub optimal documentation, which requires testing what feature is actually doing. Real time chat support helps a lot though, all questions have been addressed there swiftly, and documentation is improving.

Quick, efficient, effective

They have helped me organize my email marketing campaigns. They provide a lot of information and best practices. Very happy overall.

Pros

Ease of use Quick campaigns with a lot of control Free options for people starting and growing their business Fantastic Customer Support (quick replies, good answers)

Cons

They listen to their customers and roll out changes and updates so anything which may not be currently available, may soon be rolled out.

Their support 10/10 and their platform 10/10

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was such a big help! I definitely love moosend

Pros

I love that I have all the features and I paid next to nothing for it

Cons

None so far, i love it. I have not had any issues yet

Cheap and Easy email marketing software with Automation

I discovered MooSend while searching for email marketing software here. I was mostly interested in the automation feature as I had a few email marketing ideas I wanted to test out, and while I could do that on Sendinblue, I wanted to be notified when a subscriber made an action that triggered the automation. MooSend free plan comes with 2000 credits, each email recipient costs one credit. So, with...

Pros

Eight Workflow options Cheap with an amazing free plan.

Cons

While I'm glad that a subscription form can be added to a campaign, I'd like to be able to create a subscription form with a shareable link I can use to get people to join a list without having to embed it somewhere.

Versatile, Functional, and great Money value

Customer support is unmatched, from day zero when I emailed them asking about their services and all. They were straight forward and the packages are fairly priced.

Pros

It was easy to use and very flexible in terms of design, segmentation, and customer support.

Cons

Sometimes emails could be flagged as spam, but that's an issue that could be fixed with time (we've only been using the platform for the past 6 months)

Unlimited emails for up to 1000 contacts.

Overall it a feasible product and we are effectively using the Moosend service for our email marketing.

Pros

Unlimited emails for up to 1000 contacts, this is an amazing feature especially if you want to run a targeted campaign for a selective group of contacts.

Cons

The template editor can get better with some pre-defined designs to edit. Hence we use Stripo to design the template and then we import the template into Moosend.

Awesome Service!

Pros

They are one of the best options for getting the most bang for your buck. Way better than mailchimp.

Cons

A few things here or there are glitchy and their reporting could be better, but they are constantly building things out so I have hope for the future.

Big features in small package

Pros

Being in the publishing industry, spot communication is paramount. After going through Mailchimp, Activecampaign, Sendgrid, AWS ses, we have finally decided to stay with Moosend mainly because there is no other tool that matches the combination of feature set & price point offered. Right from seamless onsite event tracking to journey building to amazing customer support (Located out of UK so GMT & IST have many overlapping working hours ). Further, the API rate limits are also set on a very high threshold so we have never faced any problems migrating any bulk size of data into and out of the system. Lastly, being able to add as many custom fields further eases our process of managing adhoc campaign send outs.

Cons

No cons as per say, we are in talks with them to add additional triggers for journey building which is very specific to our case at the moment. but this is also technically not a con as we can yet continue sending the campaigns using custom field value update trigger.

Moosend I found a hidden gem!

Phenomenal customer support!

Pros

A professional tool that is easy to use, straightforward to run campaigns and a company that is great about educating their users on how to get the best delivery rates possible.

Cons

Was a little different to get started using than others I have used becuase of the quality control I had been able to use other email systems and got lower deliverability than I should because they didn't have the screening and tools that Moosend does. Big time email names too!

Smart automation of email marketing campaigns made easy with Moosend

Moosend presents great analysis on the success of your email marketing campaigns. You can easily see how is your campaign going forward and accordingly you can decide what changes you need to make. It has been really nice using Moosend. We can compare our campaigns easily.

Pros

Creating a simple campaign or a highly complicated automated campaign has been really made simple by Moosend. A non-technical person can also create successful campaigns. Moosend lets you easily segment your customers on the basis of their behavior. You can segregate your customers who have contacted you, visited specific pages that they been to and replied to your mails,, etc easily. You can have as many contacts as you want and send them emails and segregate them at the same time. You can easily create a recipe accordingly depending on steps and stages that you want to keep depending upon different scenarios.

Cons

Working on Moosend on the move is a little difficult. We have to have a laptop to work on it.

Best Newsletter provider

Pros

MOOSEND has all the analytical stuff on the back end that you need to fine tune your marketing campaign. The templates are super easy to use and look amazing. The best part is the price. It does EVERYTHING you will need at a much lower price then the other companies out there.

Cons

I can’t really think of anything. It’s super easy to use.

Full fledged email marketing solution

Pros

-Beautiful, easy to make newsletters with template options -Good deliverability -Doesn't cost a fortune

Cons

-The UI is good, but not perfect -Few more integrations needed and BOOM! It's perfect.

Moosend provides a great mail marketing service

The new email editor is fantastic. The speed and the quality of the service are great. The support team is always responding very fast and always have a way to solve problems & questions. Can handle a large number of mails. Easy to use A/B testing with multiple A/B options. Detailed reporting, very easy to read and have an understanding even with 1 view.

Pros

Cons

Absolutely nothing. The service is great.

Thank you so much for your review Alex. It's a pleasure working with you.

Customer support is SUPER important to me.

Pros

It's much list others I've used, except the support is superior. Winner! I have come to learn that most tech that's offered out there is similar, and everything comes with glitches and a learning curve. But not every tool comes with customer service that is actually good. My experience with Moosend support has been positive every time. Thanks so much!!

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment.

Great email marketing software

I did have trouble logging in and importing contacts once but once I figured it out, it has been a fantastic software to use and design with - the company provides helpful tips. Everything - all the features are provided. Great software.

Pros

I love that Moosend provides all the features I need for the amount of users we have for free AND doesn't include the logo in my emails. I also love the quirky personality of the brand in the emails they send us.

Cons

Landing pages is extra - but you can't have it all for free which is fine. They partner with other softwares and promote those integrations which is fine too.

Excellent email marketing functionality at a great price with brilliant support

Moosend is a brilliant tool for our business. Within my business it sends newsletters and regular automatic emails to all my custimers and leads. I also have many sub accounts for my customers using Moosend for automated emails triggered from websites and newsletters. It provides a huge value for my business

Pros

Ease of use Free for under 1000 subscribers Great real time support great sub-account system for my clients

Cons

More techincal support can be harder to access

An incredible alternative to other ESP providers

Pretty great experience overall. A young company that is offering a lot of really advanced email functionality for a very competitive price. Can't wait to see what happens in future.

Pros

The best thing about Moosend is the ability to easily create and customise your own templates and then set them up with automation triggers. This is the kind of thing that takes your email comms to the next level. The ability to set these up is also clear and easy.

Cons

The branding and interface are a little lacklustre, but I feel like that's easily fixed. They seem to be concentrating on the development of the platform while they're young. The UI doesn't feel as intuitive as some bigger ESPs just yet, but I feel like this is something they're probably working on.

Love this product!

Can't recommend it enough!

Pros

Great for newbies as well as experienced marketeers! Packed with great features (marketing automations, email editor, smooth and snappy UI! Highly recommended

Cons

In the past, they didn't use to have so many email templates but in the last months it has been addressed.