All categories

Salesforce B2B marketing automation for marketing & sales

visit website

Pardot Reviews

Read the full review
Ability to segment your prospects into silos that can help determine which direction will bring the best return on our investment of time. I also like the ability to add photos of our work.

Eric T.

Read the full review
There was a lot to learn but the customer success manager we had was great, not to mention the excellent community and training material available on the web.

Bryan P.

Read the full review

Cons

Exact Target is one of the most filtered spam filters no so it's almost impossible to get emails sent through to any customers if they have even a shred of spam filtering set up.

Robert R.

Read the full review
The actual process of creating beautiful emails is a total disaster on Pardot, which I would not wish on my worst enemy. When I do that part, I miss MailChimp.

Read the full review
Whether it was over complicated work flows, inconsistent reporting or terrible customer support - there was always a bad experience that made people hesitant about whether they could manage Pardot.

Kylie N.

Pardot delivers on promises

Pardot has made it easy to understand how our marketing is working, know who is a hot lead versus a disengaged one, and to create content that is easy to share and delivers good ROI. It’s built in many safeguards to keep you from getting in trouble with spam rules and avoid sending emails multiple times.

Pros

The software is great for staying in touch with prospects and clients. It makes it easy to set up emails, create content, measure and report on results, and build stronger relationships. It’s fun to use, once you understand how it works.

Cons

There’s a long learning curve for adopting Pardot, and if I hadn’t had a consultant to hold my hand through the integration and kick off, I’d be struggling. I find Pardot and Salesforce training to be overly confusing and it’s really hard to find what you’re looking for. It’s a knowledge based system and continually adds more and more information, and it’s not always clear if the instructions apply to you or apply to a different level of service. Other than that I highly recommend it because of all the functionality and way it can dramatically improve your digital marketing.

The best Marketing Automation tool out there!

The experience so far has been nothing short of exceptional. We have been using Pardot since the last 5 years and have been able to facilitate amazing co-ordination with the Sales and Marketing teams. The automation Pardot provides also helps generate reports to measure Campaign ROI and overall lead generation.

Pros

Pardot is unmatched in its ability to automate your marketing activities. The Engagement Program features it offers is probably the best in the market and allows you to design Customer journeys with customization based on the customer attributes as well as engagement. The WYSIWYG builder allows you to build beautiful email templates and Landing pages for Lead generation and Lead nurturing. It also integrates seamlessly with Salesforce CRM and a wide variety of 3rd party applications.

Cons

Pardot allows you to create multiple leads with the same email address. This is a compulsory feature and causes issues with duplicate and bad data. You need to make sure the data is cleansed regularly.

Nah

If I had to put it in a word, meh. Sub-standard support (typical with a Salesforce product). Standard features but kind of hard to configure. Pretty poor functionality in terms of forms. Decent integration with the Salesforce CRM. Overall just not worth the premium they charge when there are other systems out there that do 99% of what Pardot does at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

Without a doubt the best Pardot feature is the baked-in integration with Salesforce. It could still be a lot better, but it's better than other companies (for obvious reasons).

Cons

The cost. Pardot is expensive, unreasonably so for technology that hasn't really evolved over the years, either from a UI or feature set perspective.

Bite the bullet and invest in a better tool

Horrific. Would never migrate to this tool again and wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Pros

Perhaps "simplicity" is one way to put a positive spin on this review. For any Marketing Ops professional who wants to build anything above and beyond Pardot's pre-built functionality -- Good luck. Maybe the simplicity is good for a very small organization, but in that same vein the price point would be nowhere near worth it.

Cons

Filter logic is absolutely miserable. There is no Boolean logic in the tool (going back to my point on "simplicity"), which is horrific for building out any type of complex filters for segments. There are even character limits on how much you can enter in one argument field. So, think about if you have to build out a segment to compile all leads from Europe and write out each country.... you would...

DNV GL US team member's review

Pardot is a Salesforce Marketing extension, and I really liked to use both applications. There are different API connectors that can be used to integrate other software I use, like webinar software.

Pros

Easy to send emails and track activity. Reporting is very easy with all important data right on the dashboard and on the campaign canvas.

Cons

Possibly, templates can be created and WYSIWYG editor used, but we programmed emails in html, which was really time consuming.

Power-packed Marketing Automation Tool

A powerful marketing automation tool but expensive. Good for people who are looking for imapctful insights, lead nurturing and tracking down customer activities with ease. Pardot could be a good fit if you need good Salesforce CRM integration and have the budget for $1,000/month or more.

Pros

We get real time activity updates of our prospects from the lead deck functionality Awesome customer support Ease of usage, is highly customisable As it's a Salesforce product now the ease of integration with the CRM is mind blowing

Cons

I would say the makers of this product are a little money minded. A lot of functionalities are only available for the PRO users like API access and A/B testing Also, not many integrations are possible using this product

Pardot for email marketing

We are very happy with pardot and look forward to implementing more of the features pardot has to offer.

Pros

We use pardot primarily for our email marketing, but also for inbound lead gen as well. I love how well pardot integrates into salesforce. That is key for our business. You can change anything at the field level using pardot based on activity etc, and segment based on any field.

Cons

There are features such as advanced analytics that are more advanced on the higher levels of pardot, however the cost increase is significant.

Pardot For One Year

I did not have a overall good experience with Pardot. I've used HubSpot, Pardot, and Marketing Cloud and I would have to say that HubSpot is a better choice.

Pros

The integration with Salesforce and the options included are very helpful.

Cons

Creating a landing page in Pardot is a nightmare. You must know coding and Pardot makes it very complicated from start to finish. The form creation is also very difficult to create and hectic to embed.

All-In-One Enterprise-Level Marketing Platform

We have enjoyed a centralized and more integration-friendly marketing automation platform.

Pros

Pardot is the most integration-friendly marketing software to use with Salesforce's Sales Cloud. We are able to use custom objects in our segmentation.

Cons

Pardot doesn't have advanced automation like process builder or flow in Sales Cloud. Other than engagement programs, automation is not a key aspect of the software.

Any other tool is probably better

Mostly frustrating and disappointing. We've heard so much about Salesforce that we expect everything with that name to be absolutely the best. But that doesn't have to be the case and Pardot is a proof.

Pros

It integrates with Salesforce very easily which, I assume, is the only reason why anybody might ever consider using it.

Cons

It offers very limited set of features, which don't work quite as expected, the support is terribly lazy, and all that comes at a price much higher than that of the competition.

Easy To Use, Great for Small Companies, Not as powerful as their competitors

Overall I've had a positive experience with Pardot and would recommend it to others. It has been a very powerful tool for us and has helped us grow our business, generate leads, move leads through the sales funnel in an automated way, etc. It's really been great for us and I love the challenge of designing and building automations. Just be aware that its not all unicorns and butterflies. Each initiative we executed on took longer than we expected to roll out.

Pros

The software is pretty intuitive and easy to use. There is a huge community that's eager to collaborate and assist (local user groups, blogs, the Dreamforce conference, the connections conference, twitter, slack groups, linkedin groups, etc). We utilized the product for List Emails ( about 30 each month), Automated Nurture Campaigns, Segmentation, Email Preference Center, and so much more. It is very powerful and played a key role in our marketing efforts.

Cons

The trade off to ease-of-use is lack of complexity. After working with the platform for 5 years, I have concluded that it is a great fit for smaller companies that want to use their features in a straightforward, uncomplicated way. We are a medium sized company with multiple target audiences, some that overlap, some that don't, territories with multiple languages and a vast and diverse product line....

Pardot Helps us Treat Each Donor as an Individual

Before, we were treating email like it was direct mail. Just send out a high enough quantity and you’ll get enough donations. However, this was treating our donors as pocketbooks and not individuals with unique interests and hearts. Using Pardot means we can tailor what we share to each individual and tell a story they can relate to. Transformational rather than transactional. Donations have increased but that’s a byproduct of involving unique people in the story of our organization. Once you learn the UI, it’s very simple to use as long as you have even a bit of html and css experience or if someone on your team has made some great templates. We love the reporting on the individual level and the integration with Salesforce.

Pros

We love engagement studio and how easy it is to build out automated campaigns and dynamic lists. The ease of automation has meant less time spent uploading csv’s and more time developing great content.

Cons

We wish it had a drag and drop editor. Not everyone on our team can code and it makes it difficult when we have a heavy season for deploys. The good news is, they’ve announced a beautiful drag and drop editor for the 20 winter release.

Powerful Marketing Automation Platform

As our admin and a daily user, I have found that the tool is relatively easy to learn basic and intermediate functionality. However, as you get more advanced, the ability to find "official" Salesforce resources becomes more difficult. Thankfully, the community of users has proven to be really valuable and knowledgeable even with various updates. I think Pardot has been a really strong tool for us to advance our marketing automation and email marketing practices and really drive growth in our marketing efforts.

Pros

The biggest Pro for our organization is the tie-in to Salesforce. Adding Pardot as our bolt-on marketing automation platform allows us to connect seamlessly to our Salesforce CRM and utilize most all of the data that we're already capturing there. Developing detailed email logic, engagement programs and drip campaigns has really improved our growth marketing practice.

Cons

At times, the tool can be challenging to find the correct solution for what you're trying to accomplish. I've spent many hours in Salesforce's help section and the Pardot user community (as well as searching other areas of the web) to find answers to specific questions. That said, the questions that I've had, usually have been answered already by other users or I can collaborate with other users outside our org to find a solution.

Salesforce integration oversold, but excellent in its own right

Pros

Pardot is one of the better marketing automation/nurturing product aimed at mid-sized businesses. It's greatest strength is its integration with Salesforce (which will be discussed more in "cons"). With relative simplicity, it can be connected to the CRM, so that contacts can easily sync two-ways, and even custom objects can be brought through for segmentation purposes with just a couple of clicks....

Cons

Pardot is a Salesforce product, and its integration is excellent, but it is just that - an integration. Pardot works like a third party service connected with Salesforce, as opposed to a native extension. Lists are synchronized, along with the sort of bugs and frustrations that come with bi-directional synchronization, and some Salesforce functions (notably custom objects) are not as fully fleshed...

If you are using Salesforce then this tool is great!!

Pardot has fit our needs especially in working with Salesforce. However, if I had an option I would use a different tool (such as Hubspot). It feels like a dated product that needs some updates to the user experience. Keep in mind it is VERY powerful (a ton of features) but finding them is irritating. For example, you have email templates and email drafts. The differentiation is not clear and you have to look through their knowledge base to figure that out.

Pros

Pardot has a huge number of features that allow you to control, split and quickly view your customer lists. It is also awesome being able to get this information into Salesforce. Another feature I love is the customer behavior tracking. It makes it simple to get an understanding of what a prospect is interested in. We can then tailor our message to this prospect. For example, if we identify someone is from a specific State (in the U.S.A) then we can share a link in an email that is information only about that State. The scoring feature is also great because you can quickly see the interest of a current prospect and then notify the correct sales agent to reach out.

Cons

There are 2 things that frustrate me about Pardot. The learning curve and intuitiveness is very poor. It takes a long time to figure out what pieces are where. On top of that, I have used Pardot for almost 2 years and I still figuring stuff out. It has a ton of features but figuring them all out is mind-boggling. The other thing that is irritating is the email builder. It just isn't intuitive. You have a tiny screen to make any edits and adding things (like custom information) is hard to find most times. Then you have to sync this email to the HTML version. Every time I have clicked that button the email syncs but I have to spend 5-10 extra minutes fixing the syntax issues that come about from the sync. I feel that process should work much more seamlessly.

Fast, Easy, and Powerful Marketing Automation

I have used Pardot at three different companies now and I love it. It's been one of my most reliable and useful tools in my Marketing Stack over the years and it's continued to get better thanks to the aggressive roadmap put in place by Salesforce. Great for business ranging from small business up to Enterprise.

Pros

The number one thing that I love about Pardot is how easy it is to use. If you're on a small marketing team, one person can easily handle the system. If you have a larger team, the functionality scales extremely well - and you can bring in as many users as you need into the system without needing to pay for any additional seats. The software is extremely consistent and reliable. Pages load quickly and properly. The WYSIWYG editor for emails is awesome! The amount of automation you can do in Pardot is fantastic - especially with their more recent addition of repeating automations and drip programs. Awesome update releases thanks to being a Salesforce product.

Cons

The positioning of all of the various functionality can be a little confusing at times. There are a LOT of menu items that lead to the various different features. Some cleanup/re-organization of these might help new users. The out-of-the-box Marketing templates, while serviceable, could use a reboot. For a startup they're likely sufficient, but if you're running a lot of email campaigns you might want to invest in having a developer custom-build a modular email template for your ongoing use. The built-in mail testing using Litmus is terrible. Often half of the renderings fail to load, and a number of the renderings included are not super relevant any more. I actually never use this feature any more as I prefer to send test emails to an actual mail client rather than trust the renderings.

Marketing Automation for price conscious organizations

Pardot has a lot of base functionality that sets it apart from email platforms like Mailchimp and the like. It also provides better integration with Salesforce than hubspot and other less expensive CRMs to give your organization with a complete picture of the sales funnel. Pardot provides email templates upon sign-up that are easily customizable for specific needs. You can test this emails to internal...

Pros

Intuitive UI, great functionality for the price, native integration with Salesforce, dynamic content add-on. Automation rules that can help keep the system clean and prospects updated.

Cons

Limitations within automation rules for mutli-variable updates. For example - Loading a tradeshow list with campaign member statuses in SFDC. I would like to upload in one automation rule to say if X campaign status, update to this campaign in SFDC for X status, within the same rule I would like to add all of the other statuses with specific completion actions instead of having to run 1 rule for each status. Dynamic content should be able to trigger via a URL parameter and not just a known prospect field.

Pardot Lets Us Punch Above Our Weight

Pros

Pardot lets us punch above our weight as a small marketing team. It was there when we were a marketing team of 1 and is able to grow with us as we become a marketing team of 14. Specifically, Pardot's B2B focus and different channel integration makes it very easy for us to synchronize marketing campaigns and orchestrate content and engagement across channels. From email to landing pages to social...

Cons

There is so much more that Pardot could be doing with reports given all the data that passes through the system. I'd really like to see more reports such as client engagement reports that combine account engagement scores with revenue data that Pardot pulls from Sales Cloud. I'd love to see enhanced social listening and sentiment integrated in Pardot and a more robust social queueing capability....

Pardot is somewhat sophisticated

Great tool - has more sophisticated features than less expensive tools, but is more complex to use.

Pros

Easy to build and send emails, manage contacts, track lists/segmentation, and built automation. You can also setup scoring/grading to see your interest/lead interest.

Cons

The integration with Salesforce is a bit confusing, and they change the way it's implemented with every release. This causes issues with clients trying to launch all users at once on Pardot, and ensuring they have the right licensing.

Amazing tools.

My experience was for the most part positive. Pardot is powerful and reliable, I found it to be useful for the most part, they just need to revise the e-mail marketing tools and it will surely become a market standard.

Pros

Even though it might seem a little bit complex to use, Pardot gets easier as you learn how to use it, it has a very intuitive structure that anyone can learn on the fly, with a clean dashboard and well -labeled banners/icons combined with a sleek graphic interface. The automation efectiveness is impressive and compelling, and its multi-platforms capabilites are beyond any other competing alternative,...

Cons

Pardot is rather expensive and probably not suitable for small enterprises. The e-mail managing/creation/customization interface needs to be worked out, even though it works great most of the times, it tends to have issues with Gmail servers. Sending e-mail templates gets complicated, specially because it has a tendency to crash when some custom coding is involved; this usually forces you to adapt to something that does not bug the system instead of doing what you are actually adapted to. Even though mostly everything is user friendly, the e-mail marketing tools are over complicated, it might deliver the results you're looking for but it will cost you a lot of toggling.

Easy to start, harder to master

Great to up your inbound marketing game through strong prospect tracking and seamless sync with Salesforce CRM. It's easy to get started with the basics of what Pardot offers but there are more powerful features which can be harder to understand and use.

Pros

Great integration with Salesforce CRM as expected. Lots of guides, resources are available along with an active community.

Cons

Multiple ways of accomplishing the same results make it a tad bit confusing. Also, in-built connectors are limited as compared to some of the other alternatives.

Best if you use SalesForce Sales Cloud

We use Pardot as a marketing automation platform including email management, automated nurtures, lead scoring, engagement tracking, etc.

Pros

The best part of Pardot is the integration with SalesForce and being able to push and pull a variety of information into and from both systems.

Cons

The UI is pretty poor and there are some key features such as in-depth reporting that the system is still lacking

Easy to use , great UI and powerful

the experience of using pardot was great. it's highly intuitive and powerful which makes the learning curve for less technical yet more visual users really short.

Pros

1) it's a really robust marketing automation platform with lots of capabilities but wrapped around a super easy UI 2) deep integration within the salesforce CRM and echo system (you can also use 3rd party salesforce tools from the app exchange to trigger things such as SMS via the SFDC campaign function ) 3) slick customer journey canvas that is highly visual 4) fairly priced (in comparison with the other MA vendors)

Cons

1) only works with Salesforce (professional edition and above ) so if you're using a different CRM that wont really work for you, or rather be a standalone 2) it would be great if there were more native connectors to it.

Great Marketing Automation platform

My overall experience with Pardot is great, being a sales guy I am using this tool daily to send marketing and sales emails to our customers and prospects and this tool never fails me.

Pros

I love Pardot and if I need to tell you what I like most about it then I must say their customer support team, yes I like this most because their customer support team is very active and responsive, they available 24*7 to help the customers and this is the best thing that I like most about it.

Cons

There is one thing that I would like to highlight that I like least about it and that is its high cost, yes Pardot is a little bit expensive compared to other marketing automation tool but on the other hand, I must say that it is worth to spend on it.

Great Quality Marketing Automation System for B2B Marketers

Pardot is by far my favorite Marketing Automation system I've used. They have great support articles, a large user community that you can utilize, and you can trust that the software will actually work.

Pros

I love how easy it is to start automated workflows, send autoresponders based on contact engagement and do all around data tracking. The integration with Salesforce allows for easy data maintenance and gives a high quality hand off between marketing and sales. The engagement and information on all campaigns your leads and contacts are apart of can easily be viewed on the Salesforce records for quick access for Sales to see. Custom redirects are also one of the best features that Pardot has because you can utilize them on all SoMe platforms for prospect tracking and provide more quality on certain links on your website.

Cons

The customer support team for Salesforce and Pardot is not great. It can take months for them to get back to you. Which, could highly impact your automations if you can't solve a problem. You're better off asking the Pardot community via Twitter or a Salesforce Community for any questions you have.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.