Pardot Logo

Salesforce B2B marketing automation for marketing & sales

visit website

Pardot Reviews

4.1

How would you rate Pardot?

Pros

The functionality of Pardot and the analytics are awesome. This software is a great way to successfully streamline marketing efforts to your customers.

TS

Todd S.

Custom redirects are also one of the best features that Pardot has because you can utilize them on all SoMe platforms for prospect tracking and provide more quality on certain links on your website.

Anna H.

Overall, it is a very good product. Certainly worth the investment if you are can invest the time and resources to improve your marketing efforts.

Cons

I had advised the salesperson of my challenges and concerns with implementing myself which he downplayed and disregarded. It was a complete waste of time and resources for our organization.

Colleen P.

After determining that the product simply doesn't work we are transitioning to their competitors. Pardot is still forcing us to pay licensing fees even though their product failed to function.

Randy M.

The emails send directly to our customers junk mail. So tough to change and their customer service is HORRENDOUS.

KE

Katie E.

Jesse M.

Marketing Manager

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Pretty solid Marketing Automation platform, good if you are a Salesforce customer

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Jesse. I'm a Digital Marketing Manager. I give Pardot four out of five stars....

Pardot User Review

Pardot delivers on promises

Pardot has made it easy to understand how our marketing is working, know who is a hot lead versus a disengaged one, and to create content that is easy to share and delivers good ROI. It’s built in many safeguards to keep you from getting in trouble with spam rules and avoid sending emails multiple times.

Pros

The software is great for staying in touch with prospects and clients. It makes it easy to set up emails, create content, measure and report on results, and build stronger relationships. It’s fun to use, once you understand how it works.

Cons

There’s a long learning curve for adopting Pardot, and if I hadn’t had a consultant to hold my hand through the integration and kick off, I’d be struggling. I find Pardot and Salesforce training to be overly confusing and it’s really hard to find what you’re looking for. It’s a knowledge based system and continually adds more and more information, and it’s not always clear if the instructions apply to you or apply to a different level of service. Other than that I highly recommend it because of all the functionality and way it can dramatically improve your digital marketing.

Strong Marketing Automation Tool! Highly recommended for SME and Mid Range Businesses

Overall I loved it. It's easier to use and the LIGHTNING EXPERIENCE IS AMAZING!!! It has the modern look and feel. I am going to stay with Pardot for a long time. Truly recommend it!

Pros

In-house integration with SFDC. Easier to manage. Not complicated. It has similar functionality as the other major peers like Hubspot and Marketo and it was easier to learn and start working on it.

Cons

Lead routing is not available. I am looking for in-built round-robin routing functionality.

Integrates well with Salesforce but lacks features of competitors

Pros

The fact that it integrates natively with Salesforce is Pardot's best feature. The engagement studio automation product is great as well, making it really easy to create drip campaigns and other conditional flows.

Cons

The email builder is 10 years behind competitor's builders. To get things to behave, you have to code emails in html. The WYSIWG builder is poor, but asset management of images and files is even worse. Competitors like MailChimp and ActiveCampaign have much better platforms for designing beautiful, responsive emails.

Expensive and UI left much to be desired

The only reason we've stayed with Pardot this long is because of its connectivity with Salesforce. It helps to have visibility into a prospect's engagement from both platforms. It plays a critical role in our email marketing initiatives and capturing and managing MQLs that come through our website forms. Building and segmenting our audience lists.

Pros

Creating customized email templates and nurture campaigns. Easily setup A/B testing for any email send. The ability to slice and dice your segments so you can get more granular with contact lists. Integrated well with many of the other platforms (GoToWebinar) and social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) we used. Obviously with Salesforce too.

Cons

Compared to other email management tools, Pardot is expensive and the UI feels outdated. Unless you spend a lot of time reading their resources and tutorials, it isn't intuitive. The Pardot forms is also confusing. They have forms and form handlers and there should be a better way of combining the two to make things simple.

World class all in one CRM

It has been a wonderful tool for us for carrying out our campaigns, segmenting our lists based on their locations, and the technology they use. Creating AB testing on different types of landing pages and email campaigns has been very useful in creating different workflows and ranking the leads as per their activities.

Pros

It has been a great product for us for carrying out the best marketing campaigns, every campaign has been automated, and the best feature has been the testing of different campaigns and setting up new workflows. Furthermore, tools like lead scoring have been great.

Cons

Beginning to use SF Pardot, makes everything complicated as the UX and UI is not the best for such a big name.

Great Marketing Automation platform

My overall experience with Pardot is great, being a sales guy I am using this tool daily to send marketing and sales emails to our customers and prospects and this tool never fails me.

Pros

I love Pardot and if I need to tell you what I like most about it then I must say their customer support team, yes I like this most because their customer support team is very active and responsive, they available 24*7 to help the customers and this is the best thing that I like most about it.

Cons

There is one thing that I would like to highlight that I like least about it and that is its high cost, yes Pardot is a little bit expensive compared to other marketing automation tool but on the other hand, I must say that it is worth to spend on it.

Power-packed Marketing Automation Tool

A powerful marketing automation tool but expensive. Good for people who are looking for imapctful insights, lead nurturing and tracking down customer activities with ease. Pardot could be a good fit if you need good Salesforce CRM integration and have the budget for $1,000/month or more.

Pros

We get real time activity updates of our prospects from the lead deck functionality Awesome customer support Ease of usage, is highly customisable As it's a Salesforce product now the ease of integration with the CRM is mind blowing

Cons

I would say the makers of this product are a little money minded. A lot of functionalities are only available for the PRO users like API access and A/B testing Also, not many integrations are possible using this product

Pardot For One Year

I did not have a overall good experience with Pardot. I've used HubSpot, Pardot, and Marketing Cloud and I would have to say that HubSpot is a better choice.

Pros

The integration with Salesforce and the options included are very helpful.

Cons

Creating a landing page in Pardot is a nightmare. You must know coding and Pardot makes it very complicated from start to finish. The form creation is also very difficult to create and hectic to embed.

Only for basic needs

It only makes sense if you have people to build HTML email interfaces in external softwares that can be then imported to Pardot. I do not like building emails directly in it unless I have a template. Landing Pages need a lot of work not to seem like we're in the 90's. Overall it makes the job, but only for basic needs.

Pros

Segmentation is really easy to run. Calendar with all emails sent and quick view of the reports are also helpful.

Cons

User Interface can be tricky sometimes... most of the navigation is not very intuitive and even know you can learn by watching/reading tutorials, building emails can be stressful due to responsiveness errors in the building page or even because the page is too small depending on the device size you're using. And the fact they don't let you have PDF report is really bad and increases the work of sharing results with the rest of the team.

Prefer Hubspot

Pros

I do like that it helps with all aspects of our marketing ops. the salesforce integration and syncing is great

Cons

Clunky and hard to use. the engagement studio is not intuitive at all. the email builder is a headache

Easy To Use, Great for Small Companies, Not as powerful as their competitors

Overall I've had a positive experience with Pardot and would recommend it to others. It has been a very powerful tool for us and has helped us grow our business, generate leads, move leads through the sales funnel in an automated way, etc. It's really been great for us and I love the challenge of designing and building automations. Just be aware that its not all unicorns and butterflies. Each initiative we executed on took longer than we expected to roll out.

Pros

The software is pretty intuitive and easy to use. There is a huge community that's eager to collaborate and assist (local user groups, blogs, the Dreamforce conference, the connections conference, twitter, slack groups, linkedin groups, etc). We utilized the product for List Emails ( about 30 each month), Automated Nurture Campaigns, Segmentation, Email Preference Center, and so much more. It is very powerful and played a key role in our marketing efforts.

Cons

The trade off to ease-of-use is lack of complexity. After working with the platform for 5 years, I have concluded that it is a great fit for smaller companies that want to use their features in a straightforward, uncomplicated way. We are a medium sized company with multiple target audiences, some that overlap, some that don't, territories with multiple languages and a vast and diverse product line....

The best Marketing Automation tool out there!

The experience so far has been nothing short of exceptional. We have been using Pardot since the last 5 years and have been able to facilitate amazing co-ordination with the Sales and Marketing teams. The automation Pardot provides also helps generate reports to measure Campaign ROI and overall lead generation.

Pros

Pardot is unmatched in its ability to automate your marketing activities. The Engagement Program features it offers is probably the best in the market and allows you to design Customer journeys with customization based on the customer attributes as well as engagement. The WYSIWYG builder allows you to build beautiful email templates and Landing pages for Lead generation and Lead nurturing. It also integrates seamlessly with Salesforce CRM and a wide variety of 3rd party applications.

Cons

Pardot allows you to create multiple leads with the same email address. This is a compulsory feature and causes issues with duplicate and bad data. You need to make sure the data is cleansed regularly.

Pardot Helps us Treat Each Donor as an Individual

Before, we were treating email like it was direct mail. Just send out a high enough quantity and you’ll get enough donations. However, this was treating our donors as pocketbooks and not individuals with unique interests and hearts. Using Pardot means we can tailor what we share to each individual and tell a story they can relate to. Transformational rather than transactional. Donations have increased but that’s a byproduct of involving unique people in the story of our organization. Once you learn the UI, it’s very simple to use as long as you have even a bit of html and css experience or if someone on your team has made some great templates. We love the reporting on the individual level and the integration with Salesforce.

Pros

We love engagement studio and how easy it is to build out automated campaigns and dynamic lists. The ease of automation has meant less time spent uploading csv’s and more time developing great content.

Cons

We wish it had a drag and drop editor. Not everyone on our team can code and it makes it difficult when we have a heavy season for deploys. The good news is, they’ve announced a beautiful drag and drop editor for the 20 winter release.

Salesforce integration oversold, but excellent in its own right

Pros

Pardot is one of the better marketing automation/nurturing product aimed at mid-sized businesses. It's greatest strength is its integration with Salesforce (which will be discussed more in "cons"). With relative simplicity, it can be connected to the CRM, so that contacts can easily sync two-ways, and even custom objects can be brought through for segmentation purposes with just a couple of clicks....

Cons

Pardot is a Salesforce product, and its integration is excellent, but it is just that - an integration. Pardot works like a third party service connected with Salesforce, as opposed to a native extension. Lists are synchronized, along with the sort of bugs and frustrations that come with bi-directional synchronization, and some Salesforce functions (notably custom objects) are not as fully fleshed...

If you are using Salesforce then this tool is great!!

Pardot has fit our needs especially in working with Salesforce. However, if I had an option I would use a different tool (such as Hubspot). It feels like a dated product that needs some updates to the user experience. Keep in mind it is VERY powerful (a ton of features) but finding them is irritating. For example, you have email templates and email drafts. The differentiation is not clear and you have to look through their knowledge base to figure that out.

Pros

Pardot has a huge number of features that allow you to control, split and quickly view your customer lists. It is also awesome being able to get this information into Salesforce. Another feature I love is the customer behavior tracking. It makes it simple to get an understanding of what a prospect is interested in. We can then tailor our message to this prospect. For example, if we identify someone is from a specific State (in the U.S.A) then we can share a link in an email that is information only about that State. The scoring feature is also great because you can quickly see the interest of a current prospect and then notify the correct sales agent to reach out.

Cons

There are 2 things that frustrate me about Pardot. The learning curve and intuitiveness is very poor. It takes a long time to figure out what pieces are where. On top of that, I have used Pardot for almost 2 years and I still figuring stuff out. It has a ton of features but figuring them all out is mind-boggling. The other thing that is irritating is the email builder. It just isn't intuitive. You have a tiny screen to make any edits and adding things (like custom information) is hard to find most times. Then you have to sync this email to the HTML version. Every time I have clicked that button the email syncs but I have to spend 5-10 extra minutes fixing the syntax issues that come about from the sync. I feel that process should work much more seamlessly.

Fast, Easy, and Powerful Marketing Automation

I have used Pardot at three different companies now and I love it. It's been one of my most reliable and useful tools in my Marketing Stack over the years and it's continued to get better thanks to the aggressive roadmap put in place by Salesforce. Great for business ranging from small business up to Enterprise.

Pros

The number one thing that I love about Pardot is how easy it is to use. If you're on a small marketing team, one person can easily handle the system. If you have a larger team, the functionality scales extremely well - and you can bring in as many users as you need into the system without needing to pay for any additional seats. The software is extremely consistent and reliable. Pages load quickly and properly. The WYSIWYG editor for emails is awesome! The amount of automation you can do in Pardot is fantastic - especially with their more recent addition of repeating automations and drip programs. Awesome update releases thanks to being a Salesforce product.

Cons

The positioning of all of the various functionality can be a little confusing at times. There are a LOT of menu items that lead to the various different features. Some cleanup/re-organization of these might help new users. The out-of-the-box Marketing templates, while serviceable, could use a reboot. For a startup they're likely sufficient, but if you're running a lot of email campaigns you might want to invest in having a developer custom-build a modular email template for your ongoing use. The built-in mail testing using Litmus is terrible. Often half of the renderings fail to load, and a number of the renderings included are not super relevant any more. I actually never use this feature any more as I prefer to send test emails to an actual mail client rather than trust the renderings.

Marketing Automation for price conscious organizations

Pardot has a lot of base functionality that sets it apart from email platforms like Mailchimp and the like. It also provides better integration with Salesforce than hubspot and other less expensive CRMs to give your organization with a complete picture of the sales funnel. Pardot provides email templates upon sign-up that are easily customizable for specific needs. You can test this emails to internal...

Pros

Intuitive UI, great functionality for the price, native integration with Salesforce, dynamic content add-on. Automation rules that can help keep the system clean and prospects updated.

Cons

Limitations within automation rules for mutli-variable updates. For example - Loading a tradeshow list with campaign member statuses in SFDC. I would like to upload in one automation rule to say if X campaign status, update to this campaign in SFDC for X status, within the same rule I would like to add all of the other statuses with specific completion actions instead of having to run 1 rule for each status. Dynamic content should be able to trigger via a URL parameter and not just a known prospect field.

Pardot Lets Us Punch Above Our Weight

Pros

Pardot lets us punch above our weight as a small marketing team. It was there when we were a marketing team of 1 and is able to grow with us as we become a marketing team of 14. Specifically, Pardot's B2B focus and different channel integration makes it very easy for us to synchronize marketing campaigns and orchestrate content and engagement across channels. From email to landing pages to social...

Cons

There is so much more that Pardot could be doing with reports given all the data that passes through the system. I'd really like to see more reports such as client engagement reports that combine account engagement scores with revenue data that Pardot pulls from Sales Cloud. I'd love to see enhanced social listening and sentiment integrated in Pardot and a more robust social queueing capability....

Powerful Marketing Automation Platform

As our admin and a daily user, I have found that the tool is relatively easy to learn basic and intermediate functionality. However, as you get more advanced, the ability to find "official" Salesforce resources becomes more difficult. Thankfully, the community of users has proven to be really valuable and knowledgeable even with various updates. I think Pardot has been a really strong tool for us to advance our marketing automation and email marketing practices and really drive growth in our marketing efforts.

Pros

The biggest Pro for our organization is the tie-in to Salesforce. Adding Pardot as our bolt-on marketing automation platform allows us to connect seamlessly to our Salesforce CRM and utilize most all of the data that we're already capturing there. Developing detailed email logic, engagement programs and drip campaigns has really improved our growth marketing practice.

Cons

At times, the tool can be challenging to find the correct solution for what you're trying to accomplish. I've spent many hours in Salesforce's help section and the Pardot user community (as well as searching other areas of the web) to find answers to specific questions. That said, the questions that I've had, usually have been answered already by other users or I can collaborate with other users outside our org to find a solution.

Pardot is a Powerful Tool, but It's Hard to Manage on Small Teams

Overall, Pardot delivers on all the capabilities that we need and has more power than we are able to leverage. We appreciate it's deep integration with Salesforce and know that it has feature parity with most of the other major players out there.

Pros

Pardot allows us to get insight at a per-contact level into their activity, interests, and profile. We've made it even more useful by adding on additional integrations like Clearbit and Zoom. We track more than 12k new incoming leads annually and we automate outreach to those leads every single day.

Cons

Many decisions that you make at the beginning of the implementation will dog you after you've made them (how do we organize our campaigns? what tags should we use? when automations do we want to build off of those tags? how do we segment our lists). Pardot/Salesforce has offered strategic support and even configuration services, however, we find that these often lack the depth of knowledge to tell us if we're making the right call/they are too expensive for a small firm like ours.

Pardot is somewhat sophisticated

Great tool - has more sophisticated features than less expensive tools, but is more complex to use.

Pros

Easy to build and send emails, manage contacts, track lists/segmentation, and built automation. You can also setup scoring/grading to see your interest/lead interest.

Cons

The integration with Salesforce is a bit confusing, and they change the way it's implemented with every release. This causes issues with clients trying to launch all users at once on Pardot, and ensuring they have the right licensing.

Amazing tools.

My experience was for the most part positive. Pardot is powerful and reliable, I found it to be useful for the most part, they just need to revise the e-mail marketing tools and it will surely become a market standard.

Pros

Even though it might seem a little bit complex to use, Pardot gets easier as you learn how to use it, it has a very intuitive structure that anyone can learn on the fly, with a clean dashboard and well -labeled banners/icons combined with a sleek graphic interface. The automation efectiveness is impressive and compelling, and its multi-platforms capabilites are beyond any other competing alternative,...

Cons

Pardot is rather expensive and probably not suitable for small enterprises. The e-mail managing/creation/customization interface needs to be worked out, even though it works great most of the times, it tends to have issues with Gmail servers. Sending e-mail templates gets complicated, specially because it has a tendency to crash when some custom coding is involved; this usually forces you to adapt to something that does not bug the system instead of doing what you are actually adapted to. Even though mostly everything is user friendly, the e-mail marketing tools are over complicated, it might deliver the results you're looking for but it will cost you a lot of toggling.

Easy to start, harder to master

Great to up your inbound marketing game through strong prospect tracking and seamless sync with Salesforce CRM. It's easy to get started with the basics of what Pardot offers but there are more powerful features which can be harder to understand and use.

Pros

Great integration with Salesforce CRM as expected. Lots of guides, resources are available along with an active community.

Cons

Multiple ways of accomplishing the same results make it a tad bit confusing. Also, in-built connectors are limited as compared to some of the other alternatives.

Best if you use SalesForce Sales Cloud

We use Pardot as a marketing automation platform including email management, automated nurtures, lead scoring, engagement tracking, etc.

Pros

The best part of Pardot is the integration with SalesForce and being able to push and pull a variety of information into and from both systems.

Cons

The UI is pretty poor and there are some key features such as in-depth reporting that the system is still lacking

Easy to use , great UI and powerful

the experience of using pardot was great. it's highly intuitive and powerful which makes the learning curve for less technical yet more visual users really short.

Pros

1) it's a really robust marketing automation platform with lots of capabilities but wrapped around a super easy UI 2) deep integration within the salesforce CRM and echo system (you can also use 3rd party salesforce tools from the app exchange to trigger things such as SMS via the SFDC campaign function ) 3) slick customer journey canvas that is highly visual 4) fairly priced (in comparison with the other MA vendors)

Cons

1) only works with Salesforce (professional edition and above ) so if you're using a different CRM that wont really work for you, or rather be a standalone 2) it would be great if there were more native connectors to it.