Avaza Reviews

Delivering Client Projects Is Easy With Avaza

Used other for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-06-24
Review Source: Software Advice

Avaza is not overly complex, so it cannot accommodate really heavy projects with large teams or complexities. It does, though, provide amazing results for teams with a more direct approach to project delivery. I was able to implement its use in a software development firm that specialized in cloud applications. Specializing in Microsoft's online SharePoint environments, Avaza was the tool of choice to manage projects dealing with migrations and customization of such sites. It did include large projects and small ones, and managed time tracking for billing, as these were on an hourly basis. The features were just right. But because there was no custom coding and developing for which unit testing or QA department involvement, Avaza worked extremely well for them.Avaza has all the core functionality that lets any business successfully manage and deliver client projects. It is not just for development projects. It can be used in a wide array of industries because of this basic general core of features. For starters, Avaza manages contacts and distinguishes them between clients (external contacts) and team members. It uses this to connect projects to its clients and the resources that will be working on these projects. The roles for the contacts are manage in the contacts section as well, allowing the admin to connect just the right resources and the features they need. Adding projects is fairly simple, as well. Create a new project and allocate the client to it. That is it. Then add the necessary tasks for the project, allocating team members from the contact list. You can even group into sections that can represent milestones, features, epics, or any description that fits your project or organizational business needs. Project views can also be customized. You can view projects in a Kanban styled board, as a Gantt chart or even as a list. Team members track time against the tasks until completion and the process is quite simple and straightforward. Avaza also provides team scheduling and provides forecasting capabilities across one or more projects. You can also manage timesheets, expenses and recurring expenses for all the projects in Avaza. Avaza offers the capabilities of providing your clients with quotes or estimates for projects, as well as managing invoicing, recurring invoices, credit notes and payments. And you can track all the work via an extensive library of reports.

Jitendra Surve

We as a startup company were looking for 360 degree solution.

Reviewed 2018-04-12

Our startup company PowerPoint Geek. We started using this software from day 1. In between we tried another software and our customers were not happy. The reason was they were not able to pay from other software. Our customer asked to send invoice from Avaza only. As they find it very easy to make payment online from the direct invoice web version link.We found Avaza from google. First we tried a free trial and after that we subscribe for premium. We send customer estimates and invoices from Avaza. Also, whenever someone approves or disapprove estimates is done directly from the online web version of estimates. When we send customer a invoice, he can directly make paypal payment from the web version and it get updated directly to our dashboard. Now we have started using projects to assign task to our designer and that also work great. Live support are quick to reply. PowerPoint Geek are permanent member of this software and we are quite comfortable in using this software.

Great Billing System for Professional Services

Reviewed 2018-10-29

Great product at a reasonable price. Can help a small company be professional and appear big.1) Professional Invoicing- electronic or paper options and highly customizable. 2) Time Sheets - These are easy and flexible. Love the copy from prior week feature. Time sheet entry is based on projects I've set up with my clients. Tracks against my budget. 3) Reports - these are helpful to run several times a month to see how I'm performing to budget. I can save my favorites. 4) Customer Service - Staff is always available quickly when I need help. 5) Integrations - Integrates easily with email and PayPal.

Anonymous

I enjoy using this app for my team projects. It's one of those apps that makes you so productive!

Reviewed 2017-12-20

I realy enjoy this app and the support is great. I guess I would just say that it's to bad it took me 6 hours to find it because if I would of found it first I would of saved 6 hours.I wanted to share my positive experience getting started with Avaza. I spent about 4-6 hours searching for a system that would enable my team to manage our internal and external projects of ppc ads and email marketing campaign projects. I played with many apps that were missing some of the features I was looking for. I finally came across Avaza and was so happy since it had exactly what I was looking for! After getting excited about all the valuable features I was amazed to see that support was a top notch 5 star integral part of the service that is on-board 24/7. I was welcomed the minute I logged in followed by another rep. that answered kindly and professionally all my initial questions. I was so happy with the customer service and the wonderful product that I signed up immediately for the webinar that took place the following day. The webinar support agent was very kind and professional and gave me a one hour, one on one webinar answering all my questions and giving me great tips to get started. I see myself using Avaza for many years to come as well as recommending it to all my friends and associates. Wishing all lots of productive and happy moments

Brendon Brown

Excellent, full of features and inexpensive.

Reviewed 2016-08-29

I've been a web development contractor for 5 years. Software for project-planning, time-tracking, invoicing... believe me I've tried them all. Avaza has all of the above rolled into one software. The monthly subscription is pennies compared to what I was spending on multiple other softwares and the time it took to move information around.Avaza is simple, clean, and intuitive. Time tracking is stolen straight from Harvest, time items are straight from project management tasks, and invoices are inherently customizable by populating from tracked time or manually entering expenses. There is also recurring invoicing and online payment links. The Avaza team is always rolling out some new features and honing the UI, plus email or ticket support has been at most an hour delay.

Leonda Adeko

Very User Friendly!

Reviewed 2016-09-06

I was searching for a project management software and combed through several of them to see which one best fit my needs and landed on Avaza. It had everything I needed. The ability to create projects for my clients, send them invoices, upload documents, communicate with my clients on specific tasks and much more.The best feature is that it is very user friendly, great user interface. I needed something that would be easy for my clients to use more than anything and it gave me that.

Jean-Sébastien Vallée

Saves us so much time

Reviewed 2016-11-16

It does it all. We can punch our work time, skip from task to task and projects to projects and keep track of everything. The billing then grabs everything automatically so we don't forget to bill anything. We used to have a billing system indepedent of our task system. Bringing these together saves so much time. And we're just 2... We do web marketing and web development for small businesses wich means lots of small clients. Cutting down billing time was a must for our growth.Fast and convenient billing Clear and usefull reports on just about evrything Convenient time entry Works well on mobile to enter tasks right after client meetings Does automatic billing Can create tasks by forwarding an email to avaza's project email

Kevin King

Fantastic product, even better support

Reviewed 2018-02-07

The support is just plain awesome. There is someone there to respond to support requests almost all the time even though they are in a timezone that is over a day away. The time tracking portion of the software just works fantastically, the billing is excellent, and it's just very impressive how much this product can do.

Takashi Nakakuki

Great looking app, simple and intuitive

Reviewed 2017-02-23

After looking at several apps, Avaza had an integrated solution that was simple and intuitive, and it's actually affordable. No complicated function add-ons, no over the top services. Definitely the top pick for start-ups like us and still has the functionality you need to run things on a bigger scale!Look. Feel. So easy to use. We love how creating projects and organizing is simple and intuitive, yet leaves room for customization. The timesheet is easy to use since we don't have to tie in every single entry to a task prior to starting. The report options offered as default were helpful too! We have powerful visualizations without having to pay additional for the same thing. Other apps offer similar or even better reports, but with a hefty price tag.

Anonymous

As a new entrant to the PM field, Avaza promises much. Easy, quick and supportive

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Quick to set up. True Gantt charting AND resource loading - great that we can plan ahead visually. Nice workflow from quoting to invoicing, without becoming intrusive or cumbersome.

Josh Angert

Excellent and affordable project management tool

Reviewed 2017-09-27

This software has enabled our company to successfully manage our client engagements. We can easily track our progress on project deliverables, and can ensure we stay on time and under budget. Avaza is an extremely user-friendly project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in one easy-to-use interface (i.e. project tasks, scheduling, timekeeping and expense management, invoicing, reporting, etc.). Their support is also top-notch. The support documentation on their website is very detailed, and the support team is always very quick to reply. In my experience, they have replied to me in just a few minutes when I chat with them using their support tool and they respond very quickly via email as well.

Cheryl Harvey

AVAZA highly recommended!!!

Reviewed 2016-11-25

I am the General Manager of a developing business in Lima, Peru and we have now been using the AVAZA time and expenses recording system for the last 9 months. Both myself and my team have found that this system is extremely user friendly and easy to use. From a managerial perspective, this system has improved the efficiency of our time and expenses recording, as well as the generation of key reports and monthly invoices issued to clients. The system and the reports available have the opportunity to be developed further and the AVAZA team have been excellent in taking on board our feedback and personalising the system in accordance with our needs. Overall, I would highly recommend this system and support team to any small to medium sized business!Ease of use, the availability of management reports and the efficiency of invoice generating & tracking.

Lukasz Drozdz

Great first impression, tons of features and functionality in reasonable price.

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Great project tracking with tasks well organized, time tracking against tasks and very nice reporting as well as exporting data and importing. I like that I can create project structure with sections, tasks and sub-tasks. All tasks can be tracked against time and completion and shown in nice gantt chart. Add estimates for each task Rich and custom reporting Assign users to tasks and add followers Capability for clients to have access and see progress of their projects Uploading files adding comments

Ahmad Salahuddin

The Perfect Project Management Platform for Small Businesses

Reviewed 2017-03-04

Migrated to Avaza from another larger PSA cloud platform, and amazed at the ease of use - the workflow and intuitiveness is on a whole different level and there's really no handholding needed to figure out your way around Avaza. It's really designed for small teams that need a project management tool to loop the whole team together but not be bloated with so many other unnecessary 'extras' that you wouldn't use. This also translates to a very affordable and value for money subscription plan that's clear and provides everything that you need. My only (very minor) complaint is that the mobile app is not a native app and so it's a little bit unwieldy to use (eg pressing back on the phone messes up with the Javascript loads). Apart from that, the team has been using Avaza for nearly 3 months now and are very satisfied with Avaza's simplicity, intuitiveness and adaptability. Keep it up, Avaza team!Very easy to use and responsive support team. Quick way to record time and match against items.

Aaron J Rask

Great software for basic job/project management

Reviewed 2017-11-08

Great, cheap tool for basic job and project management.First, Avaza has great customer support. I never waited longer than a couple minutes for a response. The price is incredibly affordable, and the features are great if you're using Avaza as your main job/project management tool.

Chris Enstrom, MBA

Feature Rich, Great Value, Full Customization!

Reviewed 2018-02-13

We spent some time reviewing our options for a solution to help us manage multiple client projects. Did our due diligence and made sure all (almost all) our requirements were checked off. Avaza is a solid solution, with a vast array of features that we can now leverage to deliver our projects more effectively. We can assign external resources (including our clients) to project tasks, track schedule, budget - among maybe a thousand things we haven't even found yet. The support team at Avaza is fantastic, very helpful and responsive. Customer reps are rockstars! The number of integrations (either direct or through Zapier) is phenomenal. Especially the direct integration with Quickbooks. If you're looking for a comprehensive delivery and project management solution you should definitely give Avaza a deep look.

Brandon Beals

All in one project management (Avaza)

Reviewed 2016-09-09

Avaza was a big leap for our company. We went from dealing with excel to overpaying for Harvest. We were able to leverage the same features (improved too!) for less. Avaza truly is an all-in-one scalable solution.We're really fond of Avaza'z ability to play multiple roles at once. Not only does if function as a standalone billing department, but it also allows a team of consultants to manage their billable time and expenses.

Mike Timm

Avaza has streamlined and consolidated our processes to one app

Reviewed 2017-11-27
Review Source: Software Advice

We tried many apps before Avaza and couldn't find one that had the functionality and ease of use that we wanted. Fortunately, we found Avaza and took to it very quickly. We were also very pleased with the integration with other apps we use making our overall processes more automated and seamless. An area I didn't think we would use much was Reports, but we've found it to be very helpful at getting snapshots of each project and all projects as a whole.We now have an easy to use central location for Project Management and Time Tracking with workflow. Much better than separate systems like we had before. The ability to scale based on our project team size and all the underlying workflow functionality is very good.

Tong Xie

easy to use

Reviewed 2017-09-22

good for office manager to get the over look of the project and control the timing with stuff are much easier. very easy to use and have most of the function we need for design company. we just start using this one as free software for try out, but we believe will upgrade the account for more function.

Maisha Mc

This system includes many of the features I need to run a small business construction company.

Reviewed 2018-05-03

Invoicing, project managementThe invoicing system. I used many, and this one has by far the best templates and tracking abilities. Very easy to use. Also like the ability to create Gantt charts for project timelines; which is very useful when submitting invoices.

Rahat Dewan

Great experience so far, still experimenting with features and functionality.

Reviewed 2018-03-12

More structure to our organisation.Avaza's greatest strength is its web interface which is simple and elegant, and easy to navigate. It has most of the features you could want from this kind of software, without being bogged down with too many options and a long setup or learning curve. It would be most suitable for a small organisation. Furthermore, it is continually developing and we will likely see more functionality and upgrades as time goes on.

Jorge Alvarado

Awesome... best support team ever. It has all that I need to run my offshore IT consulting business.

Reviewed 2018-01-18

I receive a fully functional PM, resource planner, invoicing and clients communication tool in one simple yet powerful tool. Great PM tool Awesome staff and timesheets control Invoicing, quotes, payments... All in one place My clients have access to their projects and documentation all the time, no need to ask for anything Response to features requests is super fast Tons of great reports, and you can pre-configure them for your eficiency Great price for what all I get out of it

Brandon Beals

Avaza supports your enterprise

Reviewed 2016-09-09

Avaza hits the sweet spot in the oversaturated market of project management/billing software. It combines practically all of the competitor features into an efficient & scalable online environment.-Invoicing -Estimates -Expenses -Time tracking -Project management *Project budgeting -Reporting

Kara Hansen

Great for Gantt charts!

Reviewed 2018-11-01

I manage multiple year-long grant funded projects and I needed a method for managing the various tasks and deadlines throughout the grant year. I was also looking for something to help me keep track of long-term goals for our organization and make sure we are meeting benchmarks along the way. I looked at dozens of software options, but Avaza was the only one I found with a free version that would allow me to view my tasks in a simple list format as well as in a long term gantt chart. There are many other features that I am not fully implementing (quotes, expenses, invoicing, inventory, etc) but I do use the timesheet function to log the amount of time I spend on tasks. I am currently the only user with my organization so the 5 project limit (with the free version) is enough to meet my needs. I have only been using the software for a couple weeks, but so far I am really enjoying it! I especially love that I can see a visual representation of my projects in the gantt chart. I can't wait to print off a PDF for my boss!Gantt Chart feature Timesheet feature iCal sync

Keryn Marshall

Avaza is designed in a way that makes project management and billing time easier.

Reviewed 2017-05-16

Less overwhelm when trying to manage multiple projects and tasks.The design of the task lists, and tagging has helped me to manage my tasks a lot easier than other project management software which can be overwhelming and chaotic. The invoicing has great customisation. Also the ability to view tasks in a list, Kanban or Gantt Chart layout is a great feature.