BQE Core Reviews

4.25/5 (179 reviews)

Christine Schofield

Existing User

Reviewed 2019-05-07

We've had our ups and downs. After a couple of days on the phone with customer support, things have been clarified and settled. I understand some of my problems now and how to fix them. It is really the first time I have felt comfortable with my choice in software. As I learn new things, play with it more and talk with customer support things that I thought might be deal burners, are really not. We all need to accept change, and for me as a former development programmer, I am used to it. I was not that into our existing software that we are replacing as I only had to deal with it for a year as I am kind of the new employee. Yes, I looked at several different software options. Yes, some had more features than others, some less. It is going to be pretty difficult to find a replacement software that is exactly like the one you are replacing. My original review stated there were a lot of bugs. I'm not so sure about that statement any longer. For me, it works better through Crome than Edge. I did have quite a few issues when running in Edge. This may be a problem that has since been fixed, but I'm okay in chrome.

Dale Rardin

Great tool for the Architect's office

Reviewed 2017-04-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall, this is a good office management tool for the architect. We have used it for the past 10 years and find it invaluable in all we do in managing projects and running the business.

Jeff Seeley

Reviewed 2013-07-18
Review Source: Software Advice

As architects, we get set in our own way of doing things and never want to change. In ArchiOffice 2013 we found a product that pretty much adapts to how we do things. Sure we changed our methods a little, but for the most part it does what we want it to. We began looking for an office management software in 2007. We realized that the old method of using a spreadsheet was making us miss lots of opportunity for reimbursements that we could have been charging clients until too late. Just recapturing these lost revenues has paid for ArchiOffice. After 6 years, the program is so comprehensive, there are modules for everything you need in an architects office. The main points are easy; project lists, contact lists, time records, billings, and a shared calendar. But dig deeper and you get time tracking per job, project phases or tasks; time records, that at entry, keep everyone informed as to project progress; intelligent records, filling in more than you really want to know about project time expenditure; RFI logging, shop drawing logging; billings, showing cash flow and work in progress; phone call records and a shared calendar; not to mention dozens of reports, and more. For example - when a project Architect is out, and an electrical shop drawing comes in, the office manager can look up the engineer in project info/contacts, and forward the submittal on the same day. Then, they can place a task on the architects to-do list, 7 days out, noting that it should be returned; and then also they can set another task for 10 days out, reminding them again that it should have been returned. We use it for document management; scanning and storing the shop drawing when it is returned. Remote access from anywhere with an Internet connection makes it easy to reach information in the field. The superintendant, without his copy of a spec or shop drawing, can remotely access it thru Archioffice. 6 years of use, and we love it. All that glowing review, and yes, it does have a few flaws. The biggest is that Syncing with Outlook is nearly a waste of time. It can be done, but it requires that you run old Java, then run parallel Outlook files. We just don't even bother. When we do have a problem, the tech support is awesome. In 2010, after a major upgrade, I think I wore out tech support for 3 months. But currently, I think I have emailed two questions in the last 3 months. Always fast and complete responses. AO2013 is mature enough of a product that problems are few and far between. I will admit, as Architect/IT guy/Managing Partner, I use every aspect of this program - not just a few areas like most of my employees. I still look at competing programs, and haven't found one that adapts to my ways as well, or is as comprehensive.

Jaydra Perfetti

Great product! Practical, customizable, and good value for the money.

Reviewed 2018-12-29
Review Source: Software Advice

This product saves me time and keeps all my cases organized so I never miss important deadlines or follow-up tasks. Well worth the money.

Amy Kastelin

ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm

Reviewed 2019-03-27
Review Source: Software Advice

ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm over the past six years! We don't use all of the features that are available but the time tracking, budgeting and invoicing have been incredibly helpful for us. I used to spend a lot of time with spreadsheet updating to get accurate information on where we were in each client's budget and with ArchiOffice this is done for me and it is information I use daily. I especially like how we can see the hours to date as they are entered and how many hours we have exceeded our estimate. This information becomes valuable when we create new proposals. We have a much better handle on exactly what it is taking for us to complete each project so we can forecast with more accuracy. Also helpful has been the Performance report which gives us a real look at how each project performs financially. I would not go back to doing this all in spreadsheets! ArchiOffice has made my job much easier over the years. Another thing I appreciate is the project list which saves me from tracking that in another program.

Cheri Fjermedal

Great Customer Service and Support

Reviewed 2017-01-21
Review Source: Software Advice

I just want to witness to the fact that everything that Engineering Office says about their wonderful support is true. A lot of companies over embellish and when you have a problem it is like pulling teeth to get some help. Not at Engineering office. They respond to phone calls and emails very quickly. The employees that they have in training and support should be the jewels in their crown. I have had the pleasure of working through frustrating problems with customer support, only to find it is some small thing and getting it fixed or training me to fix it goes quickly. Customer support representatives are FABULOUS and they have great patience and compassion for their customers. They realize that customers can't fix everything and that sometimes it is just beyond us. I learned this software quickly and came to a company that had not set it up correctly and nothing Sync'd together right. Customer support representatives held my hand and walked me through knowing that I was under a deadline. That is what is wonderful about this support team. They are human and they realize that you are human too and that things happen and they are there to guide the way, educate, and even fix the big problems. Anyone who chooses this software should realize that the Maintenance and Support fee that you pay is well worth it. Keep up the good work. It is very appreciated by your Customers.

Teresa Powers

Everything that is charged to a project can be seen in real-time

Reviewed 2019-04-15

We have been using BQE since March 2015. Prior to then, we kept all project information in QuickBooks. The staff were not able to see where they were on projects since they did not have access to QuickBooks. Currently everything that is charged to a project can be seen in real-time.

Jeff Baltz

Our small business has been using Core for about a year now

Reviewed 2019-03-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Our small business has been using Core for about a year now. At this point it is difficult to imagine how our business timesheets, expenses, and invoices operated without Core. We enjoy the flexibility it allows us to utilize the functionality we need without being forced to use or pay for features that don’t apply to our unique business. We continue to expand the ways Core helps our business through learning new features, creating custom reports, and exporting helpful information. As our business has grow BQE has worked with us to help stay on top of our growing needs

Tersa Harmon

Overall, I love the program

Reviewed 2019-05-09

Overall, I love the program. It took me many years working in a very outdated software until I felt I found the right program (Core) to switch to for time and billing. It has met all of my needs so far! Love it. I have not had to call in for customer service often but when I do everyone has been helpful and I have not encountered any issues what so ever. I have not worked in the Project Management or Accounting modules of the program.

Timothy Dumbleton

We use this software to manage our architecture firm. I have 25 years in practice and I have used 4 similar programs - this is the best by far.

Reviewed 2018-05-29
Review Source: Software Advice

The BQE company has been very responsive to suggestions and is making steady improvements. It is nice to use software that gets better over time.

LYNDA STOYER

Core is very user friendly

Reviewed 2019-04-08

Core is very user friendly. We used BillQuick for over two years then switched to Core. We find Core much easier to navigate. I only use Time and Billing and again, am very pleased with the program. I learn more about it every time I call Customer Support.

Majdi Ataya

Flexibility of Core made our complex billing simple

Reviewed 2019-03-11

The flexibility of Core is exceptional, and their technical support is top notch. Core has helped us manage our projects and streamline our billing process, which includes 3-tier structure. Prior to Core we use to use excel to manage our multiple database.

Alexis Webb

BillQuick Review

Reviewed 2011-10-24

Even though we do not integrate BillQuick with QuickBooks, this is an option that does sync with ease. What is nice is that you can have endless users working in this software system, independently entering their time and expenses without having issues. I have used many different software systems, and this one is quite easy to use and well worth the price.

Susan Van Atta

BQE Support Service

Reviewed 2016-08-15
Review Source: Software Advice

ArchiOffice is an easy way to track time both billable and non-billable and to generate client invoices. In addition, ArchiOffice is able to run specific reports to help track phases and time by individual employees.

Willie Dedmari

Cannot think of running our business without BQE Core

Reviewed 2017-09-24
Review Source: Software Advice

BQE Core's insightful dashboards and business intelligence tells us exactly how our projects are performing. The fact that I can review this important data from anywhere anytime is a huge benefit. We love the easy of use and the flow of the software.The important KPI's in Core for our projects, clients and staff help us run our business efficiently. Love the mobile phone app!

Lee Paul

It's about time

Reviewed 2019-03-14

I've been using BQE product for more than 20 years. This is the best product thus far I have enjoyed working in after a long long time. Ease of use with excellent support. We extensively use it for easy to use time tracking and robust invoicing features

Pam Cook

BillQuick is the way to go!

Reviewed 2016-07-26

There are many facets that I love about BillQuick, it's hard to pick one. Its ease of use is high on my list along with price. We have been using BQ for almost 14 years, and I have seen great leaps and bounds since December 2002. An upgrade is released every year in which BQ tries to stuff as many improvements as they can, many requested by their customers. BQ is always looking for ways to improve, this software never remains static.

Edward Adamson

I am a small consulting engineering firm and use this for time accounting and invoicing. Additioanl features and capabilites are available as I grow into them.

Reviewed 2018-10-15
Review Source: Software Advice

This is fairly intuitive for a non-programming type of user. Results have been good and reliable. Support help has been very good, both from my account rep and tech support. It is good to have backup when things get lost, and BQE has been there. I look forward to exploring other features as my needs grow.

Joseph Hunt

BillQuick, an outstanding product for professional service firms!

Reviewed 2016-08-02

We switched to Bill Quick at just the right time! It allowed us to respond to client demanded invoice templates and enabled us to continue to grow without adding additional back office support staff. The mobile app is also great for time and expense entry and so is web suite for all our remote offices and mobile staff. Billing can be accomplished quickly with this product!

John Flaherty

Time and expense product for everyone

Reviewed 2016-07-20

The product is extremely user friendly. Employees, young and senior age, have no problem using the product to accomplish their daily activities. BillQuick conducts, at no cost, frequent training sessions where participants are encouraged to learn time saving ways to use applications. Employees in their tech department have a deep knowledge of the software. Their goal is to assist in what you want the application do. Tell the tech people what you want and they will get it done. "No problem" is their attitude. BillQuick has the best product at an economical price that I have found.

Brett Allen

Engineer Office Review

Reviewed 2017-02-06
Review Source: Software Advice

We have been utilizing Engineer Office since 2011 for a Civil Engineering and Survey firm. We have been happy with the refinements that BQE has put into place throughout the years to make it functional. We utilize it mostly as a timekeeping and billing complement to Quickbooks. In the last few years, we have successfully cut our time for billing down by implementing best management practices on entering data. Billing used to take a week from the closing date and now it only takes a day or two at the most. Overall the project management when it comes to billing is what we need to operate our business efficiently.

Debra Satterwhite

Absolutely fabulous for tracking time and doing invoices easily!!!

Reviewed 2016-09-26
Review Source: Software Advice

The ability to track hours easily and to do invoices easily. The options for how to handle a project a great too - hourly and stipulated sum with budget %. CUSTOMER SUPPORT is absolutely FABULOUS. Have never worked with a software vendor that gives this level of customer support; I've always had every question answered and any problems fixed right away. And when you send an e-mail asking for help, it is followed up in a timely manner.

Bryan Zimmer

Archioffice Review as an Architect who does the billings

Reviewed 2016-07-25
Review Source: Software Advice

I like the ease of use, i am an architect, not a financial type, i understand this product and am able to use it effectively. It has helped us control our billings and receiveables. I also really like the customer support, Alan Schlieper, is very good at working with me in any issues that come up. I tried to mark a 10 in the ratings below, but the survey would not allow. He is that good!

Brandon Dante

Love BQE

Reviewed 2017-11-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Love it and definitely worth a try!

Patricia Sykes

Archioffice - 2016

Reviewed 2016-11-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Have been using archioffice fairly frequently for the past five years. I work for two companies - an architecture firm and an owner's representative. The program makes more sense for architecture firm - as it has trouble with the fee structure that we use for the owner's representative. Customer support is great - there are a lot on online tutorials, but we pay for the Gold support package - so we have a dedicated support representative who is familiar with our programming. Since our company is small - I don't have familiarity with the batch invoicing, but on an individual input - it works great. I find it pretty intuitive to pick and start using.