ContractSafe Reviews

4.78/5 (64 reviews)

Pros
  • Ease of use and flexibility.
  • Ease of use, security and service
  • The ease of use and the straight forward organized graphics
  • The software is easy to use- it's intuitive! It just gets me!
Cons
  • UNABLE TO FULLY ASSESS FOR THIS QUESTION
  • There was nothing that I did not like about it
  • I only wish that this software was developed sooner!
  • reporting functionality is not very intuitive or robust
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Paul Tripp

A superb product with customer service to match - this is what I call excellence!

Reviewed 2017-12-27

The benefits we receive are a centralized storage area for all of our contracts and company documents as well as customized reminders sent directly to recipients to let us know when a contract is expiring or a document may need attention. We also receive the benefit of moving away from a folder system on a shared drive in where it requires us to search into different folders in an attempt to find "just the right document." ContractSafe not only allows us to upload the contract, but we can also upload any supporting documentation and include notes - putting everything in one spot. This software platform has been a dream come true for our Company. We use this platform for contract management, HR document management, employee information management, company policy management - etc. It's been a 5 star experience for our Company.

Pros
The software is extremely intuitive. I confess, I did not watch a single tutorial video or read any of the FAQs as I wanted to see just how user friendly this tool is. In less than 10 minutes I had my first contract uploaded, tagged and had created two custom fields in my dashboard to capture the data I needed. I thought I would really dislike not having a folder structure to organize my contracts, but this tool has Optical Character Recognition (OCR) - just like Google - which means I can search any word or phrase - or type in some of the information I created in one of my fields - and the contract(s) pop right up. WOW. The other thing I want to comment on is the fantastic customer service provided by the ContractSafe Team. They actually want feedback, and they actually want to address customer concerns - and yes, you get an actual person on the phone when you call them. We looked at 4 other platforms and each of them felt like a high-pressure sales job to get us to sign-up in that moment without any discussion about how we would be supported on the back-end. Our experience with ContractSafe has been nothing short of OUTSTANDING! If you want a great product, who cares about your user experience and customer service - look no further.

Excellent Contract Storage Solution

Reviewed 2019-09-03

ContractSafe was implemented because our agreements were spread out across every part of our organization and it was near impossible to track them down in a pinch. ContractSafe has solved that problem for us and now it's extremely rare that our legal team has to resort to asking around for a contract.

Pros
We have been very pleased with ContractSafe and have watched it grow and improve over time. The customer service has been great and any time we encounter a bug or spot an area for potential improvement we can tell our feedback is heard. ContractSafe is clearly designed for legal teams. The fields that are mapped to metadata are exactly what legal teams want to know and track. The ability to search anywhere within a document is excellent. It integrates well with DocuSign. The permissions and reminder functions are well set up.

Cons
ContractSafe is rapidly trying to roll out an AI feature that will read your contracts for you and pull out some of the metadata reducing the need for manual entry. While a laudable goal, right now the feature is still weak. Also a con is the fact that this is not a full lifecycle contract management solution, but it never pretends to be and doesn't charge as if it is.

Danielle Lackey

great tool

Reviewed 2020-02-15

Pros
ease of use, customer support, search functionality, ability to relate documents in different ways, license structure

Cons
reporting functionality is not very intuitive or robust

Maureen Black

First company-wide contract management system

Reviewed 2019-09-03

It was very easy to set up and roll out to all our different departments. It is a very cost effective and organized way to have a single location to keep all important contracts safe and accessible.

Pros
The service is very user friendly. Not complicated at all. I really like how easy it is to search documents, and the linking and reminder features are very helpful in keeping things organized.

Cons
The A-1 assistant could use some tweaking, not always accurate. The system is missing the ability to delete contracts while within the contract details page.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Nishat Ruiter

A great place for simple but precise storage needs

Reviewed 2019-09-03

We needed to store our agreements in one secure place for an organization that has multiple departments and storing choices. It has been great to promote this for all departments, and to provide a way for teams to get notified when contracts are up for renewal, have issues or expire.

Pros
Contract Safe has important features for a minimalist approach to storing contracts, without multiple layers of functionality that is not needed. For PDFs it is wonderful to locate and find OCR text recognition work immediately and to store in folders in a simple creative fashion.

Cons
Being able to find the right contract is not always easy depending on the search term, but after a few tries, it works well.

Joie Mason

Highly recommend

Reviewed 2019-09-16

Before ContractSafe, we lived like pioneers and printed hard copies which we stored in file cabinets. Now we can keep all contracts in one very organized place, and it's very easy to search for what you need.

Pros
The platform is extremely user-friendly, and the support we've received is amazing! Just a few of the features I wouldn't want to live without: the ability to drag and drop files into the program, the ability to create email reminders when a contract is set to expire (if an employee leaves their position, you can transfer those reminders to another user!), the ability to link related documents so you can see all at a glance.

Cons
More clear information upfront about roles and permissions would have been extremely helpful.

PRESTON KING

YOU HAD ME FROM HELLO

Reviewed 2019-07-29

WITH CONTRACT SAFE, WE CAN NOW EASIILY COMPLY WITH ACCREDITATION AGENCY STANDARDS

Pros
The ease of use and the straight forward organized graphics

Cons
UNABLE TO FULLY ASSESS FOR THIS QUESTION

Paul Straschko

Manage your contracts securely and with ease

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-10-09

I find ContractSafe to be an extremely valuable and secure way of managing my time ensuring that I contact my customers well in advance of the contract anniversary.

Pros
There is an increasing acceptance of digital signatures and it makes sense to utilize digital storage of contracts for easy access and retrieval by my key staff. I find ContractSafe very easy to use to: 1. Set reminders about contract anniversary dates. I find a lot of companies who I deal with as a consumer only contact me annually when it's time to pay my subscription. Setting multiple reminders before the contract anniversary acts as another reminder that you should contact your customers well in advance of their anniversary, even if you think things are going well. I also use the key dates area of the ContractSafe dashboard to act as a visual reminder. 2. Always have access to the current contract and previous versions on demand. My clients often lose their contract and I can easily retrieve and email a copy to them within minutes. 3. ContractSafe is intuitive and very easy to set up and use. 4. I use the folders on the main dashboard to set my contracts up into various categories.

Cons
I have been using ContractSafe for 18 months and have resubscribed on my anniversary. I haven't found any cons.

Yelena Grant

Fantastic

Reviewed 2019-09-04

Pros
It makes the entire contract management process very efficient for everyone in our organization!

Cons
To be honest, not many. Very satisfied with this software!

Mia Kelly

ContractSafe Review

Reviewed 2019-09-11

very positive

Pros
Excellent customer support. Very easy to learn how to use. Has a simple lay out and the administrator settings are very simple and clear.

Cons
Sometimes feels like quite newly developed software, still a lot of aspects still being improved but even in the short time I have been using it any changes that have been made have been very positive and helpful. Think improvements could be made to speed up the work of those who spend hours a day in CS. AI is very poor and never used.

Cost Effective Contract Database Solution

Reviewed 2018-10-08

We had been searching for a method to convert our paper routing and approval process for all of our contracts for many years. We attempted to solve the problem with a customized product tied to our accounting software and that effort was a miserable and expensive failure. Contract Safe was literally up and running within a day and we customized the product ourselves to meet our needs. Customer Service is incredibly responsive to assist at any time.

Pros
Contract Safe is user friendly, easy to customize without the need to engage in a complicated build-out and a simple cost-effective solution to a long-standing need to convert our contract archive and review process from paper to a web-based application. Customer service is also top notch!

Cons
The software is a little glitchy from time-to-time and some features are not customizable but the cost effectiveness has allowed us to creatively work - around any issues we've faced and the customer service response to any issues is immediate.

Taruna Chowdhary Sachdeva

Amazing Software with Extraordinary

Reviewed 2016-09-21

It is really easy to use with great safety features. What else can you ask for when it comes to handling long and exhaustive listing of contracts and legal documents.

Pros
There are number of Pros:- 1. user friendly 2. wonderful features 3. Secure 4. Good service 5. It is one point shop for all your contract issues 6. Saves time 7. Streamlines all contracts for your organization 8. Its a perfect central repository for contracts of your organization 9. Easy on pocket 10. It can be accessed by multiple user by providing them limited access thereby taking care of security and confidentiality of your contracts already stored on the software. 11. Since law-firms, Legal in-house department of various organizations are trying to go paper less therefore this product is a perfect solution to all their problems. 12. It takes care of tracking and also helps with reminders with respect to the termination dates of contracts or dates of legal matters.

Kristen Himmerick

I was looking for an easy to use online tool to manage contracts for my small firm.

Reviewed 2018-04-25

- tracks my contracts - tracks cost and billing codes for my contracts - gives sales people read only access to view the contract statuses - allows me to tag contracts and leave notes for myself for the future

Pros
I was surprised at how easily I could customize the software for me. Without even reading the support docs I was able to create custom fields for the contracts and customize the folder names. I tried several other software products for this (Agiloft, Dubsado, Hubspot and Zoho). We already use Hubspot and Zoho for other reasons, so I thought they would work. I think you could use this software without customizing it, but we sell different products and have different sales members, so I needed the flexibility.

Cons
I'm not sure what the downsides are yet; I wouldn't have purchased it if I didn't think it was going to work for me! I guess I wish that pricing was the same for month to month and annual, and there is a little bit of a price break. Also, they might want to consider a two week trial, because sometimes it is hard to test everything in just a week!

Cindy Gantz

Wow. Contract Safe is fantastic!

Reviewed 2016-08-22

I have been using Contract Safe for 6 months now. Contract Safe has revolutionized the way that I am able to store and manage my company's contracts. I am able to control access for all of our Directors and Officers. They are able to access the most current documents that are relevant to their specific needs. I know that the documents are stored safely and securely. This software has saved me so much time. At critical moments, I know that I have any necessary document, easily searchable and easily accessible anytime, from anywhere in the world. I travel a lot, and this functionality is key to our success, our fiscal stability and to my piece of mind.

Pros
Ease of use. It is so easy to upload and categorize documents. The user interface is seamless and instinctive. It is so easy to manage deadlines and make sure that we are all working off the most current document. Emailing important reminders and deadlines has streamlined our functionality. Customer Support is there anytime I have needed it.

Cons
I only wish that this software was developed sooner!

ContractSafe is a lifesaver

Reviewed 2018-10-09

We are storing termed HR files, NDAs, and licensing documents. We're using the reminders feature. We will be using it for much more in the future.

Pros
It is so easy to learn and use. Search capability and OCR are awesome. I like being able to scan directly to ContractSafe. Permissions are easy.

Cons
I wish there were folders. The tags and various ways of categorizing documents are so good that it's not a deal breaker though.

Gord Meeberg

Great value at an affordable price

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Previously we had contracts for our company stored in filing cabinets, email, network drives, etc. With multiple locations in two countries, finding the latest version of a contract was a challenge. Now ContractSafe is the "single source of truth" when it comes to contracts. It is easily searchable and flexible and saves us substantial time in hunting and searching for contracts.

Pros
- Software is intuitive and easy to use. - Company is very responsive to support requests - Company is continually enhancing the product - Unlimited users for a comprehensive price - Priced affordably relative to other options in the marketplace.

Cons
- Some issues with the OCR not recognizing all contract documents, but the company has recently updated the OCR engine.

Pieter Theron

Solves all my problems and more!

Reviewed 2018-10-03

We were able to replace 3 tools (Google Sheets, Google Calendar and Dropbox) used to manage our contracts. While we initially only intended to use it for customer contracts, we quickly realized that the use cases are nearly unlimited. We now use it for vendor contract management, board minutes, certificate management and many other use cases. Frankly, this software solved all of our legal document lifetime management problems. Could not be more satisfied!

Pros
The software is highly customizable, allowing me to manage my contracts in the same way I was used to on Dropbox, Google Calendar and Google Sheets. Despite the customizability, the user experience is very intuitive. This software solved all of the problems we had with contract lifetime management, and then some - it exceeded our wildest expectations.

Cons
There are a few bugs which makes sense for a new product; the support team more than make up for this.

Kathy Day

Became a Valuable Tool Very Quickly

Reviewed 2016-08-10

We decided to try Contract Safe as a database for all of our insurance company contracts. My plan was to get all of the contracts and related documents organized and uploaded and then invite other users in the company to try it out. However, when others in the company saw how quick and easy it was, they pushed for access immediately. It has been extremely useful and easy to set up. We are looking at expanding our use for storage of other types of documents including HR.

Pros
Ease of use and flexibility.

Cons
I've contacted the company about a couple of issue/features that I didn't think were optimal and one of two things have happened: 1. They were able to show me how I could do exactly what I wanted with the available features or 2. They soon rolled out new features that solved my problems. Even though it is very easy to use and efficient, they seem to continually roll out improvements.

Joelle Wilson

Great experience utilizing ContractSafe for our small business needs!

Reviewed 2017-11-13

Pros
Our company loves that this tool is Cloud based. We can access contracts from any location. The tool also offers the ability to link contracts and utilize keyword search which makes contract organization and access a breeze. In addition, ContractSafe lets an organization customize its users access; from full permission to view only.

Cons
The only thing that would make this software better is if it had the ability to show renewed and/or addendum agreements under the same heading. With contracts renewing annually and addendum's being continuously added, we may have 10 or more line items for one contract at any given time. We link associated agreements, but being able to take it a step further and organize connected contracts under the one heading would make it cleaner and more efficient.

Thierry Musy-Verdel

User friendly software with exceptional customer service!

Reviewed 2018-03-15

Pros
Software is user friendly and intuitive. The alerts and amendment functions are key to have in our business and help us keep our contracts straight.

Cons
I wish that we can re-Type multiple contract easily. We currently have to go into each record. Other than this, it works great.

Response from ContractSafe

Thanks Thierry! We will be launching the ability to "copy" or clone an existing entry later this year. Coming soon!

Erin Fine

Great customer service and the database is great to use

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Pros
Easy to use. The updates they have made recently have really streamlined the process of organizing and finding contracts once they are uploaded to the system. They have it set up to create reminders for contracts that are important but can be lost in the shuffle when you work with hundreds of contracts. The customer service is really quick and helpful whenever there is an issue or question.

Cons
Would like more integrations made available such as RightSignature. I don't like that I can only be logged into the software for an hour at the most.

Joseph Shavit

Powerful and secure file storage

Reviewed 2017-03-25

Contractsafe is an easy to use and powerful file storage solution for our company. Aside from its focus on security, the platform is perfect in our need to securities share sensitive documents within our different departments, teams as well as external clients, investors and directors. Gathering and accessing files is as simple as email and the tagging and notification systems ensure nothing gets lost. Excellent software that we would highly recommend.

Pros
Ease of use, security and service

leah yadegar

Corporate Counsel spends her days on ContractSafe

Reviewed 2019-03-07

I think what I like more so than even the ease of use is the customer service.

Pros
The software is easy to use- it's intuitive! It just gets me!

Cons
There was nothing that I did not like about it

Sarah Szewczyk

Contract Safe is SUPER!

Reviewed 2019-08-07

Pros
The user friendly set-up has made it great for even non-daily users to use.

Cons
I don't have a specific, other than I am highly organized and I like to be able to add elements or sort when I need to. But, these roadblocks have been actively addressed by the software team and new solutions are continually added.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Catherine Silas

Great product

Reviewed 2018-10-05

Great experience, really prompt and helpful staff. Company is open to suggestions and implementing changes to meet our business needs.

Pros
Very user friendly, text recognition and custom fields are a big plus.

Cons
Would like a few more report options but company seems to be working on those features.