All categories

Fergus

Job management software for trades and service businesses

Fergus Reviews

Pros

We have tried 3 other management tool's and by far Fergus stands out as the winner. If you want something quick and easy to use on a phone it works great.

Amelia G.

The support staff have been great, love the calendar that enables us to allocate work. What I would like to see improved.

Brett H.

Duncan L.

Cons

Email platform being used ends up in spam too much by clients, told by Fergus that this is because the platform used by Fergus is the same as many spammer's.

Brett H.

The inability to customise a health and safety form for staff to access on site and link to the client file. The inability to attach any general files/photos to the client rather than a specific job.

Debbie G.

I sorry, but I am really struggling to find one.

Johno J.

We have been using Fergus for almost 12 months now and are very happy with the program.

The benefits to our business using this software is ultimately less time processing paperwork and data and simplicity for our users. The other great feature of the software is being able to store job specific data like photos that are easily accessable

Pros

We went from a single person operation to 4 people on the road and one office based team member. The old program we were using didn't have enough quite do every thing we wanted and was quite clunky on site. The way in which Fergus flows and easily displays information regarding jobs means there is no confusion on site and when used correctly office staff can collate the data to create invoices easily,...

Cons

The biggest thing that we find as a downfall would only be it is not that simple to see what price you have sold a product for previously. (Well not that we are aware of). In saying that Fergus seem to be very dedicated to listening to what their customers want and make updates regularly, I''m sure that it will only be a matter of time until they create a tool to help with this.

Who let the Dog out

We could not organize our business day to day without Fergus

Pros

Great technical back up in layman's terms and we feel that we are being listened to. Your people who answer questions do a great job. I also like the information in "Notifications" about any problems that Fergus may be experiencing.

Cons

There is a lot of information and procedures that are a bit daunting at the start

Fergus, why wouldn't you?

Pros

Fergus software is easy to use and integrates exceptionally well with Xero accounting software. It doesn't matter where I am in the world I can have immediate access, and with one look can see from start to finish how my business is progressing to ensure great cash flow. Its simple to use and easily helps all of my staff to achieve their daily goals. Fergus has helped to systematise our work flow to ensure the best benefits for our staff and our clients. An exceptionally good tool.

Cons

whats not to like? how many companies can you call up and if its practical, and helpful to all users, will alter their software to suit

By far the best job tracking software on the market today

All field staff have access to all the information required to do their job, Creditor invoices are not missed off being charged as all invoices are imported directly to job and then with a push of a button directly write to your accounting software.

Pros

Easy to use, dashboard easy to navigate, able to manage job status at a glance, easy assigning of jobs to plumbers, able to export to payroll system, import Creditor invoices directly to job, easy importing of price book catalogues, able to access from anywhere as cloud based, quoting in seconds, and so much more.

Cons

Nothing to report - This software does not have any "Cons" to report back on, everything about Fergus is user friendly and yet Fergus are continually updating the system in an effort to make even more user friendly.

good, easy and reliable.

easy way to do invoices and keep track of jobs.

Pros

The fact that it interlinks with your suppliers, and that the app shows you your tracking, that's good for invoicing and making sure the right times get added.

Cons

not any cons but adjustment or improvements, that can be made, on the maps if it can show you all your clients , and on the invoices if it could show that its been paid or voided or so would be nice.

Thanks for the review Rynhardt! We are always improving the system so if you have any specifics you can feedback to our team we would love to here it at support@fergusapp.com.

Fergus is our favourite employee

We have more time to do billable work and the peace of mind to know we haven't missed on charging for materials or time.

Pros

The automation with accounting services, employees and trade suppliers so we never miss charging on materials or hours.

Cons

Some fiddly bits like trying to change margins on materials in invoicing ; I also have trouble going 'back' a screen or move if i make a mistake.

Fergus has met my needs and exceeded my expectations!

The biggest benefit I get from Fergus is the abililty to have all of my information in a central location, plus it integrates with Xero so I no longer have to do double entry!

Pros

Its a true all in one service management software. The program is user friendly and has the best configuration Ive used so far. The price point is perfect. The apps for iOS and Android are seamless with the browser.

Cons

I would like the ability to upload different certifications. The standard is for electrical services. Please add support for FireFox and Microsoft Edge.

Trade software

Awesome on the go software for keeping track of materials and expenses on multiple jobs. Being able to invoice quickly and change any margins in the field. This increases cash flow and reduces time waiting for invoices to be paid!

Pros

Easy of use. Multi platform. Invoicing in the field!

Cons

Reconciling paid invoices manually. Add on costs on top of the professional plan

Excellent App, phenomenal all round,

Pros

Ease of use, customisable, extensive features, customer support, price. No downtime, local and fast support, able to run my business off an iPhone and iPad. Integrates with Xero brilliantly, no need to manually transfer files over.

Cons

After using this app for almost a year I am yet to find a con, I have used similar programs in the past which are much larger and more expensive but don't have the Features that Fergus has. Brillant App.

Great product for any Trades company

Operational efficiency and purchase accuracy has increased exponentially. We purchased the product at the perfect time as we have been growing and evolving with Fergus. We could not be happier.

Pros

- User interface is very easy for the staff to use, mobile app is very usable to for the field staff. It's really basic but does exactly what we need.

Cons

We are a facilities maintenance plumbing - so an asset management portion of the software would be good as well as the Re occuring function would be very practical for us.

Moving in the right direction

I'm really positive about Fergus, I only upgraded to Pro again last month but I am trying to fully utilise its potential. Once you load up prices, favourites, forms etc it really is a wonderful addition to a tradesman's arsenal.

Pros

Desktop and mobile sites are easy to use. Integration with suppliers and accounting software is key. Scheduling is simple and easy. Just starting out with forms but that seems like a really good option. Invoicing is easy. Customer support are always knowledgeable and get the answers needed

Cons

Sorry guys 2 things I know you have integrated with google calanders but I think just a calander similar to google calanders would have been suffice. I would really like to be able to look at a month display (like a widget on android) and see the upcoming work. When customers ask me when we can come back or when are we available, often I am in the field when I get asked this and being able to draw up a quick calander display would really help me. 2nd thing No inventory list of stock. Ideally I would like to have an accurate list of what is in staff members vehicles and what our holding stock is, just makes it easier when ordering or servicing breakdowns.

Hey Christian, thanks for the review! Have you tried the month display on google calendar using our integration? I'll pass on to the team that you'd like inventory management, at the moment we only support Stock-on-hand functionality for accurate costing and invoicing. Thanks

Stone ages to Fergus

We have been using Fergus pretty much since it started. Previous to Fergus everything was hand written, including time sheets, client details, scheduling and notes for jobs were written in a diary and on a huge whiteboard, monthly invoicing was done with stacks and stacks of paper and was a huge job every month. Back costing was something that didn't happen due to the time it took. The change to Fergus...

Pros

CSV uploads for invoices saves so much time from having to manually enter every. single. piece of gear! Having everything on a job number to easily find. Times, materials and anything to do with a particular job is in one place. Being able to Pin notes on jobs for any updates or special information. As long as everything is put on the job number nothing is forgotten. Ability to have a different client and site contact and address. Ease of finding client details.

Cons

We find the health and safety a bit clunky to use - but haven't looked into it really well as our main health and safety is done through someone else... Would be great if PS3s and As Builts could be done using Fergus. We need these for almost every job and we have to do them and upload as files on the job. The gas certs are awesome though. Also, we pay time and a half after certain amount of hours are worked, so would be great to have the possibility for fergus to pick up this cost after certain hours are worked or any work logged for a Saturday as this is a manual cost I need to take into account when back costing.

Fergus has been a fantastic tool to manage our growing electrical firm. It is really easy to operate

Pros

It is a one stop shop "power house" that runs our electrical and heat pump contracting business. It integrates seamlessly to Xero which has made it very simple to implement. We like the ability to track staff when required and the fact that it has a full health and safety component also. The customers enjoy the interface through email and we regard the ability of the system to track and record site...

Cons

Once you have published a quote, you can no longer edit it... if you find a mistake or want to add something extra to the quote. The search engine on electrical items can be abit poor, maybe it could show frequently selected or used items at the top of the search results list. The financial summary has too much information in it, it is so busy. There could be more price options, we would like to bring...

Has been a game changer for our business, i wish it was around 10 years ago!

Invoicing and quoting are much less of chore and can now be done much quicker than before. This has resulted in an improved cash flow for or business.

Pros

Tracking and entering costs (both labor and materials) has made our invoicing and quoting much more accurate. Being able to set up favorite item lists makes quoting much less of a chore than it used to be as items can be just selected from a pre made list and added where needed. Our wholesalers send us daily CSV files with our purchases which are then uploaded directly to Fergus. The Job numbers...

Cons

Integration with the Xero employee pay function is the only thing lacking. At the moment all our employee times are entered into Fergus for each job then each week their hours need to be enetered into Xero again for the pay cycle. It would be great if they talked to each other so we didnt have to do it twice.

Love that we are changing your business! Thanks for the review Gregg.

User friendly and good support

As mentioned, our previous software didn't allow us to do variations within one job, which then skewed our reporting and made invoicing a nightmare. With Fergus this is no longer an issue, freeing up more time to spend building our business. Support was another of our big issues. The team at Fergus are friendly, helpful and available. We have been made to feel valued as a customer. If you are looking at changing providers, at least give Fergus a call to see if they fit your business. We are glad we did!

Pros

Fergus is a User friendly software. Right from the start, from importing & transferring existing data, through to the day to day use. The initial training was great - targeting each area we needed assistance with, to ensure we get the most out of the system. The ongoing support is good with a useful help button directing us to documentation, as well as the helpdesk team and one-on-one with our CS...

Cons

Fergus are pro-active in continuing to develop their software, and we appreciate that not every single thing we would like is available, but they do listen and send our requests through to their development team. One small thing is being able to charge out 'unpaid' time on a job, within timesheeting. We can work around this, but it's a bit clunky for us. It would be good to have a quicker turnaround on the online support at times. However, after mentioning this, we have experienced a good improvement.

Fergus for Tradies

I use Fergus daily for multiple clients, so I'm quite comfortable with how it works and am now training people in Fergus.

Pros

I love the Dashboard view. Once you've done some training, it's really simple to use and you can't really make an unfix-able error in Fergus.

Cons

The response time from the support team is much slower than a few years ago. I guess that's progress as they're a much bigger company now. However, the personal support and reaction time was fantastic a few years ago.

Fergus has made our lives a lot easier since moving from workflowmax. Much less manual entering.

Speeding up invoicing, better tracking of old jobs via photos/notes etc.

Pros

Entering time sheets, phone tracking, integration with our suppliers csv files, linking to xero, favourites lists with materials, photo attachments. Staff reply relatively quickly to any queries and seem happy to help. System seems to constantly grow, many new features since we first signed up.

Cons

Compliance's could do with some more auto-fill features like drop downs on frequently submitted parts. Off-line ability when it comes to filling in times on a job when you're out of service and searching jobs. Apprentice on entry level subscription cant search for jobs unless he is assigned to it which is a pain (has no search bar option at all). Quotes and estimates could do with being a bit more separate as we have a different blurb at the bottom for quotes than estimates and I have to alter it if its an estimate because we use the quote template blurb. Be nice if on the desktop version you could add multiple people to a time entry like you can on the mobile version

Our positive experience with Fergus

Fergus have been very accommodating, their service is personal friendly and attentive. We have been with them from their early days and have watched them grow and develop, they take on board their client's feedback. Given the fact that we are dealing with a local company, as oppose to a large international company, as we have in the past, has meant that we can resolve issues more easily and faster. Unlike with previous companies, in Fergus, they actually do answer customer's calls, it feels more personal.

Pros

I love that I have every detail of each job file in one place, from the first call of a potential client, to the last invoiced, all the job history, ie correspondence between Us and the client or Us and a supplier or any account detail relating to the job. I really like that it is locally owned.

Cons

Our accountant struggles with certain aspects when needing to retrieve financial information and do reports. I personally wish that in order to show to and fro correspondence in any specific job, that I wouldn't have to copy and paste replies from Outlook back to Fergus. Keeping a paper trail is vital in our business.

Fergus just works incredibly well. Reliable floorless syncing with Xero, Best I have seen.

Time sheet Tracking for me and staff, organised and nice looking quotes, quote acceptance via email, Mobile invoicing if needed, a way of back costing jobs fast and easily.

Pros

Upto a few years ago a big part of my business was running blind so I went hunting for a software management program to get us sorted. I tried nearly every program on the market from Tradify, Workflo Max, Service m8, GeOp and many more, I even doubled back and trialed some of them again. I ran through several jobs in each software program but just couldn't find a program that would do what I needed. They all had helpful features but none of them were as fitting as Fergus. Fergus just works well, and is getting better all the time. Quotes are a breeze and invoicing takes me about 30 mins a day. I love using fergus and recommend to any business as a must have.

Cons

The software does everything I need to run my business so cant see any cons. Would be nice if the software had a faster GPS tracking system but I am sure this will come in time.

Fergus works for us

We are a busy plumbing and gas fitting business and we find Fergus a great asset to the business. It makes all the day-to-day tasks such as booking jobs, logging time entries, tracking supplier documents, communicating with the team while they are at worksites, tracking customer details, checking past histories for jobs and clients and invoicing, nice and easy. It communicates well with Xero to make bank reconciliation and paying supplier accounts really efficient. If i have had any issues, the Fergus & Xero support has always sorted things out quickly. The main areas where I see the program could improve is some fine-tuning of the recurring jobs feature and it would be really handy to have an "undo" button to remove your last step if you make an error while working.

Pros

It's easy to use and track everything you have done. The functionality for importing supplier documents and attaching files and photos to jobs is great.

Cons

I would like an undo button for when you make a little error on an invoice and don't want to have to go back and start the whole thing again.

Great to hear that Fergus works well for your team. We've taken your feedback on the undo button and put this into our pipeline.

Streamlining Made Easy - now everything is one place customers/supplier docs/ invoicing. Easy As!

Time and everything else said in the review.

Pros

A complete all round package you only need this and your accounting package. I use Fergus and Xero which integrate seamlessly together and the system can be accessed any time anywhere. Now that everything has moved from paper to cloud - nothing gets missed! Everything is loaded directly against the job and you can track your profitability throughout the project. NO more backcosting! Plus, all the timesheets are loaded for payroll - everything in the one place. But best thing is being able to call and talk to someone on the other end of the phone. Its great to be able to talk through a process and solve a problem quickly so I can return to business and get the job done.

Cons

That you are unable to change the colour of the text to make a point. For example it would be great if we could use red printing for the customers that are bad debtors and therefore when they phone a job in - it would be noticeable and easy to see.

Personal Perception

I have used Fergus for some years now and under different employers; builders, plumbers, sparky and even a company that washed buildings and had a national team of employees to manage. It's a great all-round system which really negates the need for any other system other than our accounting package Xero. It's a lot to set up (like they all are) but once the background work is uploaded it covers so much for the team on the front line as well as in the office. Now also with H & S being added in - it really does keep work efficient. I have recommended you to over 30 people already! Thanks so much.

Pros

It covers having a customer file, GPS logs, H&S, jobs, calendars, quoting and invoicing. So I like that we only have to have one system that works really well with our accounting package.

Cons

When you get used to using something and really like the way it was but then it changes. For example, the new map.

I love love Fergus. It has made my job as admin/ops manager role so much easier.

A big reduction in time spent on invoicing, the ability to manage jobs better. Time sheets that show the staff's productivity, reporting options for WIP is very valuable at end of month. Less data input, ability to load purchase invoices and then they can be uploaded to Xero, ability to add photos and notes to jobs, the list goes on - I Love Fergus!!

Pros

I can now manage my time much better with the jobs costings completed in a timely manner for invoicing and can track jobs so much easier. The reduction in data entry for invoicing is huge for me, as is the reduction of paper I had to juggle!!!. There is less chasing up of staff as to what parts they used, makes the staff much more accountable and so great to be able to see how much of their time is chargeable/nonchargeable Also what made this system easy for me to pick up was the excellent training provided by their customer support has been awesome. I'd fully recommend training sessions soon after you sign up, the tutorials are good too, as is the chat button when I had a query. I wish we had gotten onto this software ages ago..... I do so love it, thanks, Fergus!!!

Cons

Some parts weren't that user-friendly for starters until you knew what was what from Training sessions. eg where it looks like the box is already ticked, but it means you have to click on it, I'd rather the box was empty and then you tick it for completion. Also some of the font colours - grey - do make things a bit tricky, don't know why it couldn't all be black and the more important bits in bold??

excellent

Pros

simple to use and ease of use. makes my business much smoother. typing this message is now annoying me.

Cons

would be nice if customers had access to post notes on a job , so as we can monitor all correspondence. would be good if one person could insert hours for multiple persons on the online version and not app version (one click does all workers) being able to insert your own test certificates and compliance certificates (Australia) is a massive miss. when creating an invoice and importing workers hours it would be good if the description of what each worker did next to their hours so the client can understand what each worker has done, at the moment the hours and the job description are in different areas. Ipad pro does not let you type in lower font when entering materials to a job

Fergus review

We love Fergus - very flexible, saves us a ton of time with processing and scheduling. Could do with a bit of modification around statements/customer invoicing/payments and also the number of clicks to navigate around the site but overall an excellent app and we highly recommend it!!

Pros

ALmost everything. It saves us a heap of time with scheduling and processing jobs. It is easy to use and reliable. There is alot of capacity to communicate with both customers & employees within the app. Reporting is a breeze and at a click of a button. Excellent

Cons

There are only two things - sometimes it takes more clicks than necessary to navigate around the website which is a bit of a pain. And the invoicing/statements functionality and payments process could be improved - I currently can't select for a statement for a certain time frame within a customers account and it would be good to be able to record payments at the time of invoicing instead of ok'ing the invoice and then having to process the payment.