All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Fergus

Job management software for trades and service businesses

Fergus Reviews

Great program

A first i was a little worried starting a new program. But once it started and we got going, it is a piece of cake to navigate and manage. From creating a job - to invoicing. Its great.

Pros

The fact that every job is easily managed and can be traced back when required by clients. If all information is loaded on to each job, it makes life so easy to manage, service, and invoice all at the click of a mouse.

Cons

Not a lot really, just minor things when allocating jobs to staff. When changing a job to another staff member, you then need to physically need to go back inot the job and physically delete them from that job, as it will show up on the system that they have not entered time, or need to attend site.

Fergus

The best part about Fergus is having everything related to a job in the one app, which can be accessed from your office computer as well as any other smart device you have it installed on.

Pros

It has everything I need to use on a daily basis and allows me access to all my site notes, photos, and day sheets remotely so I can always access what I need to know about any job quickly. This program allows quotes/estimates, invoicing, supplier documents, day sheets and employee trackers all in the one program. Fergus sends all sales and purchase data entered directly to some accounting software. Easy importing of supplier documents.

Cons

I have found the GPS to be a little slow to load. Also the fact invoices can't be easily edited after approved can be a little frustrating.

builders review

Pros

the ease for my employees to use with time sheets and seeing what jobs they are allocated too. invoicing structure to jobs makes life easy.

Cons

I have a lot of builders using fergus to run there businesses, and all really enjoy it. the one thing we would all really like to have on fergus is Gantt chart system for us to run our jobs in. doesnt have to be to technical to start with but it would really benefit us in programming our jobs and passing onto clients. Id love you guys to have one as i currently have to pay for it through another company and it gets rather annoying and confusing.

Fergus Review

Fergus has been awesome for me in terms where i can see exactly how much each job costs me and how much profit i am making per job, I like the fact i can quickly look through previous jobs and customers and see how much work i have done for them, the invoicing is great where the invoice is created so easily - and how you can alter the margins etc once it has been created

Pros

Margins, ease of use, invoicing, linking to xero, plumbing world sending through the invoices nightly

Cons

little things like i can't seem to search for the job on my app if the quote has not been accepted - sometimes the customer says go ahead and the button doesn't get clicked

Steinle Contracting Review

Love fergus, I gave a 3 star on the features and functionality mainly for the functionality, it has a few issues and I understand your working on them but some are pretty annoying. I see the potential tho and absolutely love the program

Pros

it makes everything I have to already do in my business much faster and more organized. also back costing is one of my favorites

Cons

it has some limitations and functionality problems but I believe will be worked out in the future

Fergus

Overall Fergus has been brilliant to use. I have used a couple of other systems in the past while working in other companies and Fergus seems easier to use, more straight forward. It's been perfect since we went out on our own, it was easy to learn the system, it works well with Xero. I've recommended it to a few companies.

Pros

The software is so easy to learn and use. It's accessible on my phone & Ipad so I can check information and jobs anywhere. It works perfectly with Xero.

Cons

There's no way to track van stock. And recently I could add another customer who had the same name as an existing customer.

great business software

this is my total business set up everything runs through fergus also helps that its not stuck to the computer as i had mine crash just loaded up on another computer and carried on business as usual

Pros

easy to use and great for customization

Cons

cost !!! when i first started using the software it was free for businesses with 1 employee

Thanks for the review Aaron! Glad to hear it's working well for you. Regarding the price, we would say (and most of our customers would agree) the return on investment is definitely healthy!

How well Fergus does for a plumbing firm

We are happy with the product, although we look forward to some more improvements in the future that will assist our business.

Pros

Easy to use and all in one place. Great how csv files integrate so no downloading and data processing of invoices from the major firms (hopefully one day all firms will be integrated!) Reporting good.

Cons

Not quite suited to a commercial plumbing firm, lacks in some areas such as retention payments, large on-going jobs and not repairs and maintenance type work.

Fergus save the day

Wonderfully encouraging

Pros

I’ll keep it simple and straight to the point. If you don’t use Fergus then you are missing out big time. I’m nearly at the end of my fourth year in business with a busy little maintenance Plumbing business. Being a newbie I’ve made lots of mistakes that have cost me a small fortune. Not having Fergus to date is the biggest one. It makes your operation , what ever it may be , run smoothly and have...

Cons

It’s hard at first when you get to end of job and have to make up a gear list when used to racing off to next emergency.but that’s a good thing , right

Really enjoy using Fergus and it has become an essential tool for my business

Pros

We really like the software as it keeps all job files, materials, labour and communication in one easy to reach system. Its great for all staff to be able to have access to the same job information and progress.

Cons

The favourites and custom price book features seem to need a lot more work to make them easier to use, for example it would be much easier if we could add a line item or multiple line items from a quote into either favourites or the custom price list by selecting the line items in the quote. Also if you could save a favourite/ custom price book item, then edit it slightly and save the new favourite under a sub heading.

great to use. you can access your jobs from anywhere even out of the office

Our business is now more organised and we are able to allocate different areas of the job process to different staff members as their job function requires eg quoting, doing the job, invoicing, etc. lt cut right back on paper work and the hours entering supplier invoices into the correct jobs -now done automatically.

Pros

The access to all the job files even when out of the office using a tablet. The pictorial view of all your jobs and at what stages they are at. The ease of importing your supplier invoices directly into a job. The help support is good and reasonably quick.

Cons

importing materials into an invoice when extra materials are added after the invoice is started, you have to re-import the whole lot again. On the schedule calendar there is no ability to indicate if a job time that is scheduled if it is fixed or floating.

Great for trades

Fergus is designed specifically for trades which suits us perfectly. It integrates seamlessly with Xero which means jobs are automatically filed (if already marked complete) when paid, saving me time. The Fergus staff are extremely open to suggestions and are constantly improving their product. Happy to recommend!

Pros

Integration with software, conversion to invoice from quotes

Cons

New calendar is taking a bit to get my head around, no formatting in job descriptions and notes (big sigh)

Fergus has revolutionized our business from the ground up.

Too many to list, it has improved every aspect of our business

Pros

There is so much I like about Fergus, but probably my favorite is that I know EVERY expense incurred by a job will be accounted for in the Job's invoice. Nothing is missed.

Cons

It would be good to be able to enter "Due By" dates when entering Supplier Invoices. Or have a default "Due at end of next Month" setting.

Thanks for your glowing review Rick! We are so happy Fergus has been able to contribute to the success of your business.

best out there by far

Pros

job costing, ease of crm, estimating, notes and history which recently helped me win a case in court for a customer refusing to pay based on lies. Not a problem with this software, every little detail is tracked.

Cons

no ability to set budgets for site visits or tasks. They set an auto budget based on how you built the estimate however that does little for me at all. I dont have the ability to change, assign or track the budget other than using a spreadsheet and manually inputting them. They have all the data right there it seems silly I have to do this and it would be a Huge Benefit.

Great software, great people, great service.

Great software, love the product and the team that supports it are excellent.

Pros

The software keeps getting better and better and my team find it easy to use. The photos on the job are invaluable for sorting out all kind of questions.

Cons

The inability to output multiple revenue streams. ie see profitability for small, medium and large projects. Would like to have three profit centres in Zero. However I am restricted to just labour & materials.

Comprehensive, easy to use, great Support

Fantastic Fergus team and support, especially for someone who thought he was not savvy when it came to accounting and planning. This has made my life so easy which in turn has helped my business succeed, in my 'perceived' areas of weakness as well as helping me grow in those areas. Thank you Fergus

Pros

I use this on every aspect of my day to day month to month job plan. It syncs with my accounting package and I never have to go to any other software package.

Cons

To be honest I have yet to find anything I would call cons. You dream of great software to help you, well here it is. people who understand and have created exactly what we need

Great product

Pros

Easy to use. Great for keeping track of jobs. Easy to invoice.

Cons

Would like to have more of a stock management section to the software.

Thanks for the review Caleb! I've noted a feature request for stock management.

good

Pros

Ease of use. We are a company that does small and medium sized jobs. When doing smaller jobs there are more of them so fergus makes it easy to keep track of everything

Cons

- Cant have multiple colours for employees jobs. For us this would make it easier to organise the teams day as they would be able to differentiate an urgent job from a job that be done at any time throughout day

Pretty bloody good.

Streamlines our operations, payroll, records all customer info etc

Pros

Its functionality - it does a lot. If we don't know how to use it, Fergus support is always only a call away with the solution. Fergus is continually developing the software and is very user-centric in that it takes on development suggestions from its users.

Cons

I've always found GPS location is quite patchy - unreliable

Fergus Review

I like the features of Fergus, the ability to have photos on the job and the overall ease of use.

Pros

I am entrenched in Fergus and really like how it operates. I work about 55 hours a week and find it so easy.

Cons

Only when things go haywire like the Site Description scenario the other day

Hey Sarah, it's always good to see our users enjoying Fergus! Thanks for the review

Very easy to use once it was set up. Anything new you need time to learn.

Saved the planet of paper. Increased profitability

Pros

No paperwork. Photos able to be attached to jobs. Fergus talks to xero and merchants. Good calendar system.

Cons

No stock file. Photos are no longer able to be enlarged on phone. Notes on quotes cannot tag a persons name at the end of the list. Cannot pick out a supplier to look up a stock item like we can on the desk top

CFO

what I like: Can see quotes going out and making sure our sales staff follow up has been great as the visibility in the dash board keeps everyone accountable. The support staff have been great, love the calendar that enables us to allocate work. what I would like to see improved: Would like to see better reporting that shows sales and profit in a particular period by sales rep by job using the start date of a job only, WIP report cannot do this. Email platform being used ends up in spam too much by clients, told by Fergus that this is because the platform used by Fergus is the same as many spammer's?

Pros

Makes everyone in toe organisation accountable

Cons

Reporting very limited, problems with emails not going out to customers, currently trying to resolve and in addition a lot of customers find the emails in spam. Would like to see a CRM.

life Changing

Pros

keeps all the jobs in order and helps give me an overall picture of how the job is going with a click of the button

Cons

The time sheet user can't search for created jobs if not assigned or add photos (not sure if that is a setting issue) . Feels like they are very limited but yet a full user is too much for their position level.

Easy to use Trade Management programme suitable for Building companies

Its great. Including the financial sectikn that shows if you made a profit on each job

Pros

Easy to use. Great financial tracking. Great phone app for staff but can be used on a tablet or dedktop.

Cons

As this was designed for plumbers doing lots of small jobs it could be improved for construction where you may have on one job with many variations for a year

A practical all on one system for trades.

A working software than we can rely on

Pros

It is user friendly and there is continuous work to improve the user experience. It has an easy to read format and uses commonsense.

Cons

That you can't go back to a category page in the dashboard ie invoices you have to go home and then into that category and then the next item.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.