ServiceTrade Logo
ServiceTrade

Commercial field service and customer service application.

visit website

ServiceTrade Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend9.24/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Our overall experience is outstanding. The ServiceTrade team is very responsive if any issue does come up.

Both the people and the product are great. It is a great fit for our organization.

MB

Mace B.

NR

Nicholas R.

The deficiencies are difficult to explain in a video when you're trying to do it in under a minute. On the mobile app its worse, you only get 10 seconds.

AB

Alberto B.

Unable to delete accidental photos from jobs. However this May be a admin issue).

RL

Randall L.

I would like a way to comment on deficiencies and have an option to reject repair quotes with deficiencies attached with out them coming back into the system.

Wileen C.

ServiceTrade users...

Intuit Field Service Management-logocaret
listing-logo

Intuit Field Service Management

FieldAware-logocaret
listing-logo

FieldAware

How would you rate ServiceTrade?

Life saver

Transcript

Liss A.: Hi. My name is Liss and I am a service manager at an HPAC company, and I give a five star review...

The wind beneath my wings

Clarity in scheduling multiple technicians for multiple stops each and every day. Data and information easily accessible for planning, business development, and more.

Pros

ServiceTrade has been a joy to implement and use everyday. The dev team, and everyone at ServiceTrade, have been absolutely incredible. I cannot recommend this solution enough. From day one, we had no half measures. We jumped in both feet and never looked back. The scheduling makes planning our technicians days straightforward and clear. I could ramble on for hours about how much I love the search...

Cons

Only a couple items come to mind, none are deal breakers. A general timeclock for tracking daily general time would be helpful, however we've found a small third party solution for this. Ability to add non-billable appointments and vendor stops would also be nice, and again not a huge deal. A great unification of built-in app and web features would be a great quality of life improvement, however I have a feeling those sneaky devs are up to something already... they always are.

ServiceTrade Has Transformed Our Business

Before using ServiceTrade we were using emailing of PDF forms on iPads to manage all our of jobs. Having ServiceTrade took our business to a whole new level and allowed us to expand into multiple offices.

Pros

ServiceTrade has a great product that is intuitive to use. Since we subscribed 4 years ago they have continued to expand on the capabilities with updates to the software every 2-4 weeks. They are very responsive to requests for features and the customer support is super friendly and helpful. They integrate with key software companies to expand their functionality (like Intacct and Quickbooks) and they have a great API and integration with Zapier.

Cons

I hope they can continue to accelerate the addition of new features. There are a lot of companies out there trying to solve the same problems. I haven't seen anyone providing better value yet but I hope ServiceTrade stays ahead of the competition because whoever has the best software to manage their business will hold a significant advantage int he marketplace and we would like to stay with ServiceTrade. Switching software is a pain!

Some good features but Company is not customer focused

The company is very inflexible. We had a couple of very reasonable request during the evaluation phase that the company dismissed out of hand. The final issue that caused us to look elsewhere is that they insisted that we pay full price for the software during the three month implementation phase when we are not getting any value from the solution.

Pros

Software makes it easy to covert opportunities identified in the field to customer quotes.

Cons

Integrations with accounting software is inadequate

Beat the billion dollar bullies

I love all the problems this software was able to solve. I am secure in knowing that customer service will always take care of my issues. I love the fact that training is available as well as a well-regulated wiki.

Pros

The customer service and the company that designs and runs the software. I love the fact that I was able to go paperless.

Cons

Like any complex software, there is a learning curve when implementing. Also, buying this software does not address every aspect of running a service business. For example, live messaging or phone service.

Service Trade has really helped our company with scheduling and invoicing

Very happy with how ServiceTrade has helped our business.

Pros

Ability to set up reoccurring events easily.

Cons

The ability to create more information for jobs that have multiple billings through customer previous billings page. Currently, the customers previous billings have a job type but when it comes to repairs, the ability to sort through more details on the customer page without having to click each prior job would be really helpful

Service Trade Review

We have learned to really like ST as a company and we enjoy using it as our daily scheduler and service system. We are hoping that the ST team is willing to work with us and consider some of our ideas on how t make it better.

Pros

I have really enjoyed being able to organize our technicians schedules with ease and all of the history and information we are able to accumulate in this system. Everything you need to know about a customer and a job is always at your finger tips.

Cons

Parts Ledger has been a pain majority of the time. The "mobile app" is great for getting PO's easily but it gets stuck all the time and glitches all the time. It stops working all the time and the process of reversing or editing a PO is too complicated.

Hi Huntere. Thank you for sharing your experience with ServiceTrade. We're always happy to hear where we're doing well and where we can do better. And we do want to hear your ideas for how we can make our products better. Your ServiceTrade Account Manager is a great person to share those ideas with. Have a great day and thank you for using ServiceTrade. -- Shelley

Requested ST Feedback

ST has helped our start up company manage our quick growth. We would not be providing a great overall customer experience with it.

Pros

This software was created and is organized by people in the service industry. This is huge for me. They think like we do.

Cons

When we were sold this product, one of the really great selling features was the Chat Help. You have since downgraded this to an email tech support. (but cost stayed the same). As a result, there is an increased lag in response and no 2-way conversation. Just like the rest of your competition.

Timothy, great minds think alike, especially when we share the same goal of growing service businesses. Thanks for taking the time to send us a review! Calling our support team directly is a great way to get a more immediate response and a quicker 2-way conversation. Thanks again.

Fire Force Service Trade

Over all I am very happy with service trade. I am building a kitchen department and without it I would be very time consuming.

Pros

Everyday use and tracking of jobs is user friendly. The reminders for services due is critical to cash flow. The bid system allows us to quickly secure jobs and manage them. Our customers can easily see the photos and reports to justify the expense of keeping their fire systems compliant,

Cons

I do not not like the canned responses from the service team. I am very busy and when I need help I do not have time to read an article. For the money we spend on this system I feel a live person should help not refer me to an article.

Thanks for the review! It's great to hear ServiceTrade is helping you better manage your time and your company's cash flow :) You can always call into support if talking with a specialist is more helpful to you than reading an article. Thanks again.

You can’t spell best without ST

ST allows me to perform more work at a faster pace. Scheduling is fast and easy. I’m able to be prepared for the following year using my notes

Pros

ST has made me more efficient in my daily routine. It’s very easy to use and I’m not at technologically advanced as others

Cons

When I come upon a “Con” my office staff is able to show me the answers

Thanks for the review, Dan! I love the title. That's going to be our new mantra :) Glad to hear it's helping make your job more efficient. Thanks again.

Service Trade Review by Service Sales

Pros

The ease of having everything related to a client in one location is helpful.

Cons

There are just some filter options that would make it easier to go through data.

Thanks for the review, Tyler! We're always open to hear feature requests and would love to hear your filter options.

I don't know what I would do without Service Trade!! It makes my job so much easier.

Pros

There are so many things I love about Service Trade!! One of my favorite things is being able to see all of the jobs at one location all on the same screen! That way I can look at all of the jobs & pick which one I want to look at. If it's not the one I need I can go back to the location screen & look at the other jobs. Sometimes I have to look at other jobs to get correct paperwork or pictures. So...

Cons

I can not hardly think of anything that I don't like about Service Trade! Every once in a while I can see a paper that a tech uploaded, but when you try to open it to the full screen it will just be white & there is no paper, so then I can't save it. And sometimes it will not let you adjust a paper or picture with the dragging the corners feature. But those things only happen like 1 time a month, if that.

ServiceTrade offers everything we need and more.

As a busy Service Company in the HVAC/Refrigeration industry, we have a number of areas within our business. Dispatching new service calls, completing routine scheduled Preventive Maintenance visits, payroll to hours employees, commission to other employees and quoting repairs from both within and out in the field. This software does it all. I went from payroll being a nightmare of hand written...

Pros

This software has many different features that help our business daily and combines everything needed in one software. Whether its time clocking for payroll, dispatching, re-curing jobs or quoting there are so many features to this software that continue to streamline our operations. ServiceTrade has a modern day approach to making our service work visible to the customer with pictures/videos all combined within the digital experience that todays customers demand. We struggled with a number of other softwares in the past before finally finding ServiceTrade.

Cons

With any multi-layer software that has many features, it takes time to learn and navigate through everything that it provides. I promise you that once you cross over the initial learning curve, you will be impressed with what this software can do to help all your employee’s jobs and lesson yours as business owners.

Service Trade absolutely revolutionized our business. It is amazing.

Our company went from a literal shoe box full of index cards to Service Trade. It was such an abrupt jump in technology our heads were left spinning. There are so many benefits to using Service Trade that it is difficult to lay them all out. The best way to describe it this. If our company were a car, we went from square wheels to round wheels. Everything just runs smoother and almost all our information is accessible from anywhere.

Pros

Service Trade understands the needs of service contractors today. Many of us (contractors) are simply not plugged in to the highly valuable technology platforms that we desperately need to compete in the service industry. They have assembled a software platform that is easy to use, easy to learn and yet, provides AMAZING tools that most service companies and contractors could never conceptualize, let alone build, implement and support. They are accessible and interested in my success as a contractor.

Cons

There is not much I do not like about Service Trade. If I were talking to a friend about Service Trade, I would say that some of my employees faced a bit of a leaning curve to get through. One cannot simply sign up and never work again. They offer live human U.S. based training (a deal sealer for me), training videos, a trouble ticket system, on screen walk through and a growing knowledge center. Like any cutting edge technology, it is exciting to learn, and WELL worth the effort.

David, Thank you for sharing your story. I'll make sure that our services team know that they've made a different for your staff. We're happy to be your partner! -- Shelley

I am a technician using ServiceTrade for my daily jobs

It is a great application to use for the service industry and I know that there are still a bunch of small mom and pop places using the good ole pen and pad method for their services. I’ve been recommending this application to these small companies when I service them trying to simplify their lives really.

Pros

I like that we can run everything into and out of ServiceTrade with scheduling the jobs as well as invoicing from that listed job and have everything linked to one system instead Of pulling from everywhere to close out one job. It simplifies the entire process from the admin side. From the technician side, it lays everything out in a systematic fashion. Our jobs are separated by the day and we can attach photos, invoices with job line items, as well as list deficiencies that still remain with photos. Also with the customer being able to have access to it, they are on the same page and know everything that is going on at all times and aren’t kept in the dark.

Cons

The one thing that can improve I would say is when you select map to map ping the location of your jobs. It would be fantatstic to be able to select just a day instead of showing your entire schedule. We drive all over the state as well as surrounding states and to be able to narrow the search to just show what I have tomorrow for example, I could visually see where my jobs are and plan my day accordingly. This one be the greatest improvement to make from a technician standpoint.

Saved by Service Trade!

I am solving the problems of scheduling jobs for on time appointments. It was a nightmare before Service Trade. Now, I can schedule jobs and the techs love it. They each have iPads with the Service Trade app on them and we communicate all day instead of waiting for them to return to the office at the end of the day!

Pros

The service and software are perfect for our company and it keeps everyone on schedule.  I like that the techs can look ahead for the week and see where they are working and what jobs they are doing.  Also, I can keep up with where they are located and how they are doing time wise.   If I need to add another job while the tech is in the field, I can. I can update my customers by calling a customer to inform them that the tech will be early or late to the appointment because I can see where they are located and how long they have been on the job. I don't know how we survived without Service Trade!!  They saved us!! Thank you!!

Cons

I only have one complaint about the software and that is when I need to reschedule a job from one week to the other, I can't do it without going in the job and making the change. I would love to be able to move the jobs in the scheduling area where you just click and drag the job to the next day! I've asked Service Trade about this idea...I'm sure they will have it at some point!

A must-have for modern service industry businesses

If you're scheduling multiple crews, wanting to see where the techs are/ when they clocked in, and wanting to give customers great follow up information and photos, you pretty much have to have Service Trade. After the initial learning curve, which is definitely not bad, it frees up a lot of time and bandwidth because you can do much more. It keeps it organized for you and impresses your customers...

Pros

Ease of use, short initial learning curve, number of available features

Cons

Invoicing could be smoother - requesting more features for this area

Flexible tool for completing job paperwork

Pros

The vendor spent several days at our company training us. He showed us how to use the app and web site and then reviewed our paperwork after we had spent a day in the field of actually using it on OUR jobs, on location. This was key to help us refine the details of how to properly use the software. The software allows us the flexibility of downloading paperwork from our main office to our tablets...

Cons

We currently have to continue using our old method of paperwork as well as using service trade to make sure there is nothing lost until everyone is comfortable with it so we have to do the paperwork twice. The software is internet based so in remote locations without Wi-Fi or good cellular reception it can be nearly impossible to get or send the paperwork. Some of the work can be downloaded before traveling to the site, completed in the field and then uploaded after returning to an area with good reception but this doesn't allow accurate timestamp of arrival and departure and the signed work order has to be left open until it can be uploaded.

ServiceTrade - a great product for service teams!

This is our 3rd go around with Field service software and up until this point I truly did not feel we would find something that would work in our industry. I am very pleased to have found ServiceTrade. This software is clear, concise and easy to navigate. The implementation was a breeze and - a real pleasure to work with Steve and Aaron. Both gentlemen seem to understand the business itself and...

Pros

Easy to navigate, scheduling and planning in advance, different views for scheduling vs. dispatch is a real bonus. Recurring services is an important feature for us and this software handles it the best I've seen. Tracking discrepancies ensures we don't drop the ball internally and ensures we provide the level of service we promise our customers. The asset details and the fact that technicians can access both the assets, and the job histories of each asset really easily makes their jobs so much easier. Ability to provide updates and job work orders/invoices to customers without any duplication using service link is a great feature.

Cons

I wish there was better reporting on technician hours as a separate report. It is easy to see the time on a job basis but it would be extremely helpful to report hours on a daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly basis separate from the jobs themselves.

The most useful business tool on the market, which a company can't afford not to have

Service Trade is an asset for any company, big or small. I have worked using many other company, electronic based tracking tools, but none as extensive as Service Trade. Service Trade can do it all, quoting, deficiency tracking, pictures and work acknowledgements. The comment section is very useful for field technicians to keep track of the trends at any customer site. I utilize the tablet version, and the smartphone version. It would be great if signatures were available to be captured on the smartphone app as well.

Pros

Its user friendly, its an asset to any company, of any size. It helps save paper and helps save time with its ability to capture images. It also make turn around time to send out quotes 10 times faster as the deficiency section is real time, even before a tech leaves a site.

Cons

On the Mobile phone version, technicians can't capture customer signatures.

One of the best tools on the market, for a business of any size

I continue to be able to get quotes out faster than my customers have a chance to bid out the work. So the deficiencies I find, I typically end up conducting repairs for. Customers want solutions now... this app allows that

Pros

This software does it all. If you are looking to cut operations cost, as far as tracking job completion, deficiencies and scheduling, you will love this software. As far as I'm concerned, it's unmatched, and I've been in my profession for over 15 years, with big companies, who waste lots of time and money attempting to create similar tools which aren't incrementally close. Real rime deficiency quoting destroys competition who don't use this application.

Cons

From a user standpoint, there are many options only available from the web version which I think could be useful to technicians who use the mobile version. The number one thing for me would be the ability to schedule jobs from the mobile app which then can be integrated into the calendar on the mobile device. This to me is the only thing I would change.

ServiceTrade Review

Pros

The ease and the learning curb. It has been extremely easy for our field technicians to learn and implement the use of ServiceTrade into their daily routines.

Cons

The development team is constantly coming out with new releases. I wish there was a better way for us to keep up with learning those new features and put them to use.

Office Under Control...thanks to Service Trade

I started working at our family business in January of 2015. I was going to assist the ladies in the office and learn how to do their work, so when they were out sick or on vacation, their work would continue to be completed and they wouldn't be bombarded when they returned to their office. Well, after three months of working three days a week, I took over the management of the office and both ladies...

Cons

Great product that keeps getting better

The Service Trade team gets it. They listen to their customers and are constantly updating their platform. I attended the annual Digital Wrap show in 2016 and was blown away with how much valuable information they had put together. I will be at this show every year and will remain a loyal customer for as many years we are both in business. With the help of the Service Trade team that will be many decades into the future.

Pros

The simple design and usability for my service technicians. My guys are true blue collar workers, with dirty hands and they use Service Trade every day.

Cons

It is really not a criticism of Service Trade, but I wish they could roll out Android updates as quickly as they can Apple. I understand enough of the technical issues to know that it is because there are so many different Android platforms, but... Other than that I do not know of any real other cons.

The last update fixed alot of minor things that i would have suggested. Good job!

The one thing i can think of is getting the software to rememer email adresses when finishing work acknowledgments. Similar to How your email works, as you start typing in the email address it will pull up previous ones used that match. This will keep repeat customers from having to type in there full email adress every time. Some custommers have a hard time finding those dificult keys strokes like "_".

Pros

Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

Any cons have nothing to do with the software and Everything to do with APPLE DEVICES. I often wonder how it works on an Android Platform. Maybe FIX THE BUG WITH { }[ ]~<> SYMBOLS in the deficiency section .......Im the lucky one who caused this error at our company, locking up a couple jobs on the office side. OOPS....

Service Trade Mobile App.

We have solved all our paper issues using one application. We are able to dispatch, quote, run time cards, conduct billing, keep track of open jobs based on shipping information. Plus if the technician doesn’t know where to go it goes right to maps for directions. Like I said it’s a great app. And gets better all the time.

Pros

The versatility to plan out jobs, pull up your assets, look back at prior work history, and to be totally paperless. It’s a little time consuming building your customers base. But once you have that established. You can do a repair, complete the job , add your pictures to the job , have a customer sign once completed. Review and expedite billing all within 24 hours. It don’t get much better than that.

Cons

A little slow at loading when you first start out for the day. Wish processing speeds were just a little faster. Not start and reboot, and now your ready to process. I hope that’s explained properly.