ShipStation Logo

Suggested alternatives

shippo
fishbowl
shipmonk

Great integration with the main shipping service to speed up activities of ship management. It provides an easy access to key information needed to choose the best option.
ShipStation is a great solution and is something I would recommend to anyone running an e-commerce store requiring orders to be shipped out.
I am not tech savvy and I have watched the videos & was able to set it up. I mail out wreaths and when I saved almost $20 on my first shipment 📦 and was so excited.
Unethical billing (we were double billed and they will not refund the full amount). Will only partially refund payments that were their error.
Have lost customers time and money and the most frustrating part there is no one you can communicate with. They advertise how great this product is. maybe for others but not for me.

CW

Camron W.

CEO

E-Learning, self-employed

ShipStation Review: Shipstation Saved Massive Time & Money.

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Cameron. I'm an independent operator of my own business, and I have used ShipStation...

JR

Jen R.

CEO

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Look elsewhere.

Transcript

Jen: Hi, my name is Jen. I'm a cosmetic formulator. I give ShipStation a rating of four out of five,...

Ryan S.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Amazing Software, Great Support. Would Highly Recommend.

Shipstation tracks packages, manages inventory, labels, and shipping. integrates easily with many different platforms (eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy, ETC.) Ship station can also automate most client communications including eBay feedback, email marketing, messages, and much more. It's like having a custom built CRM that was specifically design for ecommerce / marketplace sellers. It's not something you HAVE to have; almost everything it does can be done manually. Trust me when I say that once you do use it,- you will wonder how you ever lived without it.

Pros

- Customer service is awesome (live chat, phone, email, etc) You're also assigned your own dedicated representative that learns your business model & account. Helpful since they will learn your account over time with you. - It's inexpensive compared to similar software. - This a pro AND a con (see below) but you also get a free stamps.com account with Shipstation. In reality its stamps.com that handles your USPS labels (that includes billing for shipping). - The software just works. It does it's job and it does it extremely well.

Cons

- Don't get why PayPal isn't offered as payment source to ship labels / pay monthly fees. (I ended up just getting paypal business debit card) - Wish they revamped the pricing structure. If your selling 500-600 avg. each month. Your being charged the same each month for someone that sells 1400-1500 products. Seems to me a pricing structure: 100 / 250 / 500 / 1000 / 2000 / 5000 would make more sense...

EE

Emily E.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Shipstation is a must have for those who ship a lot!

Shipstation is wonderful. Their customer support is great, anytime I've had an issue, they've gotten back to me right away and solved it.

Pros

I love that it can connect right to my Bigcartel site. All I have to do is refresh, and all of my orders are there waiting to be shipped. Shipstation makes it incredibly easy to weigh, input package info, and ship packages. It comes in handy, especially during the holidays when all of the post offices are crazy busy with holiday shipping. I can just print my labels, and throw them in a blue mailbox!

Cons

There are a few minor things I would change (like uploading item info, and keeping weight of the items standard). In the grand scheme of things, though, there is nothing at all I don't like about this software. I honestly think it's perfect.

Jordan T.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Put your money and time somewhere else!

I would stay away from them completely unless they hire new staff and rebuild their software and their customer support team. They are unresponsive, lack knowledge, and always point their finger at someone else as the root cause of the issue, even when it ultimately comes down to their poorly written software.

Pros

When we implemented it, it was a big step up from ShippingEasy in terms of feature set and ease of use.

Cons

Their software is not updated in a timely manner, so when Shopify makes an update , ShipStation no longer works and you are sitting waiting for 6+ months for them to actually fix it so that you can get orders out without the fear that things are not going to work.

MP

Marc P.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Good Platform to work on your e-commerce orders.

Works great to get all your orders fulfilled. We are very satisfied with that aspect. We do not intend to change away from it.

Pros

The easy to gather all the orders from different selling channels into one tool. No extra entering of shipping information and I like how it does verify all your addresses.

Cons

The Magento Module has issues. Live Rates do not just transfer from Shipstation to the website. It ends up being $0 for shipping that gets charged to our customers. I had to deactivate that functionality.

SV

Sahar V.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

A must for completing orders from multiple platforms

Really love how Shipstation is available on computers or mobile, making it easy to check for new orders wherever you are.

Pros

In today's eCommerce industry, brands have to be listed on multiple marketplaces to survive and it's hard to keep track of all orders without a hub. ShipStation is the perfect hub to see orders from every single marketplace, without needing to login to every back end individually. The discounts with ShipStation are comparable to their competitors.

Cons

If you go over 500 shipments a month, your monthly bill with them will increase. We sometimes buy labels from Shopify because the discount per package is cheaper. Wish there was a way to quickly import orders without having to build a document to use ShipStation to send out marketing materials.

RS

Richard S.

New Version Is Broken

It's been working, but so many features are not implemented well. They do not listen to the community when it comes to improvement/needs. Some missing features from the new version that are necessary for an efficient workflow. It's really easy to make a mistake while shipping/combining and there's no way to undo the mistake without crazy work arounds. They took a working program and turned it into garbage.

Pros

The only option I can find that integrates into our workflow

Cons

New version broke a lot of the necessary features I need

DA

Daniel A.

Central shipping hub for all ecommerce, including Walmart Marketplace

Shipstation makes fulfilling orders simple. I'm able to set rules and automation for orders coming in from my various storefronts (Walmart, Ebay, WooCommerce). I love the ability to instantly print to my thermal printer instead of having to ctrl+p, it saves a few seconds each order which adds up very quickly. I also like that it usually will tell me if another form of shipment is less expensive than my defaults.

Pros

It integrates with Walmart Marketplace. Currently no other shipping software works with Walmart. That said, it really is a good product.

Cons

Doesn't fully integrate with Etsy. It can import orders but is not able to add gift receipts. This is probably an issue more on Etsy's side, but as it is now, I still have to use Etsy's store interface to fulfill orders.

PD

Peter D.

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Shipstation brings all your shipping needs to one platform

Shipstation allowed us to use one account and centralize the online order fulfillment process with one platform, to easily manage package shipments from multiple order systems and using multiple shipping accounts (USPS, FedEx, etc.).

Pros

I absoutely love using shipstation to manage multiple ecommerce platforms with the ability to fulfill orders, print labels and organize all within one platform.

Cons

As shopify has expanded, it was tough at times to manage fulfillment from multiple locations within shipstation. over time we were able to figure it out but it took some time.

TC

Todd C.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Daily Shipments

If you ship packages more than 3 days per week, ShipStation is your best option out there. Connect it to your UPS, FedEx, or any other major parcel carrier and your shipping troubles are over. Creating shipments, printing labels, tracking and even business reporting are all in one program. Simple to use. Thank you ShipStation!

Pros

ShipStation integrates seamlessly into our retail website's control panel. It imports and exports all of the orders, shipments, tracking and business measurements into one easy dashboard.

Cons

I can't think if any at this time. Flawless for us so far.

Matthew J.

With ShipStation, I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience

Pros

• I was assigned a specific person as my customer service representative, and when I called with an issue, one of the customer rep picked up the phone and answered my question on the spot; meaning, I didn't have to dial a ton of menu options or wait on hold at all to speak with a person. She is also very responsive to emails. We tend to look at websites and applications as faceless businesses, but with ShipStation I know there is someone on the other end that cares about my experience. • Integrates seamlessly with Squarespace Commerce account • Automatically marks order fulfilled when a shipping label is printed • Connects to printer easier than Stamps.com

Cons

• Have to load balances instead of paying for what you use as you go. I encountered this with Stamps.com as well, but it is annoying because I have to make cash flow considerations when all I need is a few extra dollars to print a label. • Cannot edit manual orders, need to delete and re-create an order if changing quantity or amount of a product. • I "chose" ShipStation because it was the only shipping...

PD

Paul D.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

It can be a game changer

The scanning features greatly improved our the speed and accuracy of our shipping process. Being able to compare pricing and ship to different carries from on platform it very beneficial.

Pros

It's pretty flexible and relatively easy to use. It works with all our existing equipment and systems. It links to Quickbooks to pull orders and provides the tracking information back. The scanning features greatly improved our the speed and accuracy of our shipping process.

Cons

Shipstation Connect does not AutoStart consistently. We have issues from time to time where we need to unplug and re-plug devices for Shipstation to recognize them. We do not have this issue with the same equipment and other systems.

RD

Ryan D.

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

ShipStation

Great addition to our team. Has increased the speed and efficiency that we can fulfill orders.

Pros

- Easy to use order fulfillment platform. - Great customer service team. - Batch print labels. - Filter and view orders by a number of variables. - Easy to setup with multiple shipping providers.

Cons

- Once orders are pushed over, edits to orders don’t always sync so some have to be done manually. - Orders with multiple packages have to be split manually.

MC

Michael C.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

V2 Is A Near-Perfect SaaS. V3 Is Half-Baked

As I already mentioned, I love ShipStation. It's really one of my favorite pieces of SaaS. Their customer support is also great. They answer their live chats and emails quickly and always have a solution. Rare, especially for the price of admission.

Pros

The interface in ShipStation V2 is fantastic. As the department manager, I can easily assign orders to my CSR's and use tags to designate anything I want. We use different tags/colors for suppliers, whether we are shipping ourselves or dropshipping, or marking things as HOT! Using the tags to filter, makes it easy to find and sort orders and see what needs to be worked on. We also use the custom fields...

Cons

I wish we could interface with our website. Right now, we're using it with the marketplaces, but our website is on its own, which is unfortunate, because we lose all of that monitoring functionality. The other con is V3. We tried it. It's very much not ready for prime time. It was buggy. The interface was not as good and the user experience was lacking. What we could do in V2 with a few keystrokes and the Tab key, took several more clicks. We're hoping they fix that up, before forcing the "upgrade."

KP

Katelynn P.

Printing, 51-200 employees

ShipStation is a good platform that is well on it's way, Needs more for B2B support.

If we can work out the Kinks with Ship From Locations we will be able to easily ship to multiple supported carriers without additional development time for unique integrations from each company into our Custom Order Entry Software.

Pros

Initially Importing Orders with little setup time using the XML integration helped us import orders using our custom Order Entry Program in a two-day time frame. It is also easy to add in supported carriers providing you have the required information. Automatic Notifications and returns support is a great added feature.

Cons

The missing value for B2B customers is missing support for Blind Shipping, in our case, we only update the company name in the ship at this time which we are unable to do in ShipSttion, the recommended workaround was to re-enter 2500+ resellers in each location as a unique Ship From Location. (We have 3) Alternatively we can tax our shipping employee with entering them with each new shipment. Otherwise, I think the lack of bulk importing these Ship From Locations makes things a little worse off. I am hopeful that more features will be released with B2B and Dropship customers in mind.

SC

Samantha C.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

ShipStation is Necessary but Annoying

It's acceptable for what we use it for and I've been unable to find a replacement for it in our day-to-day operations but it leaves a lot to be desired. The price keeps going up but the service gets worse.

Pros

ShipStation is the tool we use for fulfilling orders every day at Curl Warehouse. It allows us to bring in our carrier rates, save our regular package sizes, etc. It is great having everything in one place.

Cons

There are few alternatives to ShipStation within this price range, and I think ShipStation knows that we don't have a lot of options. Customer service is practically non-existent and several features don't really work as well as they should, such as order filters, updating product information when it is updated in Shopify even though the tools are connected, printing product vendor on the packing slips isn't possible (WHY?! This seems like something so many of us would find beneficial), and there are several other things that seem like they should be part of the tool that aren't and would be really helpful for merchants.

Samantha P.

Great Solution for a Growing Business

A year ago my partner and I started our ecommerce business, and a couple months ago we decided it was time to invest a system to help us automate shipping. ShipStation came recommended from another business we knew, so we used the one-month free trial to give it a try. Within a week or so of getting familiar with the interface, we knew ShipStation was a great fit for us. We were especially happy to...

Pros

-- Once you've overcome the slight learning curve (stated as a con below), the layout feels very natural and easy to navigate. Hovering beacons help provide tips throughout each screen. -- Functionality. ShipStation is an incredibly robust platform with tons of aspects to it: multiple sales channels, customization, inventory management, shipping and tracking, customer logs, reporting, the features...

Cons

-- Interface is overwhelming at first. Would have loved to receive a short and sweet video introducing me to the main features and organization. The video I did receive upon signing up for the free trial was more of a marketing-focused pitch video, which served no purpose as I was already invested and ready to explore ShipStation. -- The $9/month tier exists, but not readily available as an option when you’re ready to upgrade from your free trial. I had to submit a request via Live Chat to have this option provided. The lack of transparency was a bit disappointing after everything else felt so customer-oriented.

Apparel & Fashion,

The best label mailing solution for a multi-channel ecommerce business

A simple and affordable way to buy postage and print labels for ecommerce businesses.

Pros

Shipstation is a fantastic shipping suite for our business. We use the integrations for Shopify, eBay, and Amazon. Orders are automatically imported and we are able to simple and efficiently manage shipments for UPS and USPS. Rates are automatically displayed, invalid address warning shown, and everything can be managed from a web-based UI with remotely connected printers using Shipstation Connect. We are able to use our UPS business account with the UPS integration for our set rates. Labels and Pack Slip templates are customizable and simple to set up. Our 4x6 Brother QL1000 continuous label printer works perfectly with Shipstation and Shipstation Connect, and we use standard letter paper for pack slips.

Cons

The Shipstation android app does not work with Shipstation Connect very well in terms of printers, and there are UI issues with it. On top of that, the Shipstation web-based application does not work well on small browser screens, so it is currently almost impossible and very painstaking to print labels from a phone.

RS

Robin S.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

Poor for international shipping.

Saves copying addresses out of Magento by hand.

Pros

Remote label printing works well. Does work with non-US based UPS accounts. Web based ... that's about it really.

Cons

Struggles with international shipments. Shipstation does not support multi-currency, so if you have more than one sales currency, you are hosed. Shipstation does not support shipping to any country that needs a special customs declaration (like NAFTA statement on US->Canada shipping) so for many countries, you will need to do a manual UPS shipment. Shipstation uses pounds or GRAMMES ... very few...

LM

Lynn M.

Music, 1-10 employees

Terrible customer support for buggy software

One problem is that it fails to notify the original store that the order has been shipped unless I manually ask it to make the order as complete. (Otherwise, it sits in my list of orders "awaiting shipment". Sometimes they disappear from the list, then reappear a day or two later. When I manually mark the order as "Complete", it then double counts the shipment. I have a plan that allows 50 shipments...

Pros

I liked the fact that this software synced with online sales through places like Amazon and initially seemed to work pretty well.

Cons

A few months ago, Shipstation released a new version and I have had many problems with it. It simply does not work as advertised. Things that were seamless before no longer work. The fact that they have not fixed these issues after a few months is very frustrating. I would not recommend them any longer for shipping.

EH

Eddy H.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Stores and order management

I find it easy to use and a great way to have all of your marketplaces centralized to assist your shipping team or your customers, we have various ways to locate an order and edit it to our needs.

Pros

Once you do your basic set up you can start to keep track of your orders and for a long time, we can go back and edit orders from years back in case something new pops up with customer service

Cons

Since it is a web page it can fail and make your process stop.Sometimes the cache on your account makes it slow to check on order if you have high volume (customer support can assist on this).now that they are testing their new look sometims old SS can be hard to work and you ahve to go to the new look, and viceversa.

DS

David S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Amazing... as long as you don't have very many child variations.

Pros

It's easy to use and integrates with just about every sales channel.

Cons

I removed some starts because Shipstation does not work well for users with a large number of product variations. This is because the Product page displays a MINIMUM of 100 products per page. In our case, each product has dozens of child variations, so the page attempts to load data for THOUSANDS of variations. At best, the page takes several minutes to load. More often than not, it times out and our browser throws a "Page Unresponsive" message. There's already a setting to change the number of products displayed per page, but the minimum is 100. This whole problem could be solved by adding an option to display only 10 products per page. This would boost the page load speed by 1,000%!

NJ

Nick J.

Making Life Easy

We are very happy with the software we just wish the integration with Lightspeed POS was a little better.

Pros

We have two small retail stores with most of our owners and employees' time dedicated to servicing those in-store customers and providing great experiences for everyone who walks through the door. Shipstation allowed us to open up our online store and divert minimal time to fulfilling the rush of orders we received from our website. During the Covid 19 Pandemic this website with the Shipstation software helped us to keep the doors open.

Cons

Integration with our Point of Sale Solution is not perfect and could be improved significantly.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great shipping software that could use some minor tweaks

Great value for what it costs. Allows us to bring all order shipment tracking together to improve customer experience. Email notifications and returns page are a nice plus for the customer experience.

Pros

It has a very wide partner ecosystem and allows us to bring our orders all together into one system to check shipment tracking. The UI is clean and modern. The addition of an iOS app is a big plus and lets us fulfill orders on the go.

Cons

The ability to auto-correct addresses is great, but ShipStation should highlight these orders so that I can review what was corrected to determine if the change was good. Not all auto-corrects are...correct but overall it catches more of my mistakes then if there was no auto-correct. Support could use some improvement as some issues have required multiple attempts with different agents but generally I do get my issue reolved.

jennifer k.

EXTREMELY EASY TO USE! and much more!

Pros

Shipstation is extremely easy to use. It also has better pricing for postage than USPS itself! It even has more applications than I ever dreamed of! You can have your brand name on your postage (or anything you'd like), it also allows you to: send your customers an email -AND- choose WHEN to have it sent; like so, I learned you can have shipping tracking/delivery confirmation sent to your customer;...

Cons

The only 'con' for me is because I don't have enough customers to warrant the monthly charge. A smaller fee for people like me (who -in a way- are paying more for postage when you add on the monthly fee with the postage). That would help me, or people like me, who can barely afford even the lowest per month for 50 postages per month because I am only printing up to 10 per entire month. It's great for bigger business' tho!

Mike S.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Why use anything else?

Absolutely amazing. It is so easy to use that I was able to easily integrate it across three warehouses plus our corporate headquarters. I had 20 different ecommerce sites across several platforms including Woocommerce, Magento 1, Shopify, Prestashop, Open Cart, Ebay and Amazon Merchant fulfilled. Setting up rules to automate our business was so simple. I can automatically have orders go to the correct warehouses based on rules by skus. We were easily able to customize marketing material for each store on invoices and shipping labels. Love you shipstation.

Pros

Besides everything? The thing I loved the MOST would be how fantastically easily it was to get up and running and integrated with every platform. I looked like a real genius. But it wasn't me, it was the simplicity of the system. Its that easy.

Cons

They had an inventory management portion of the software that I didn't quite understand how to utilize it.