airfocus Logo

airfocus

A platform built for the new way of doing product management

airfocus Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.41/10

Reviews by rating

Priority poker are easy to use and very powerful to make people involved in the priorization process. Item mngt is intuitive (with a very nice filtering capability, thanks for that!).
Very positive, however I am interested in what kind of customisations that can be done for our organizations needs.
I use the items view to see the prioritized list of projects and their scores and the chart view has been helpful to visualize and highlight the quick win projects.
Adding a criteria leads to losing scoring for all items. Value axis of a criteria cannot be scaled after its definition.
I probably missed some steps in the mapping that caused this issue.

DS

Dee S.

Head of Product

Environmental Services, 501-1,000 employees

An exceptional decision making tool

Transcript

Dee: Hi there, my name's Dee. I'm a Head of Product, and I work in Environmental Services in the industry...

Hanna K.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Best roadmapping software

Helps to visualize our goals

Pros

Quick roadmap creation and clear interface

Cons

Freemium unavailable. That's sad but I wouldn't switch to some other service.

DK

Daniel K.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Good software, lacks some time planning features

It was really good for me to organize our team ideas and tasks. I used it to get an overview, but my main task was to organize nut just the priority but also make a time planning. The time planning failed for me because the timeline features did not match my expectations. Overall it is a good planning tool for me, but I only used it one time to organize our staff and then I exported it to make time planning in other tools. I would definitely recommend this tool to other product teams when it comes to prioritization and organization, but the time planning features need a little bit more features.

Pros

It is easy to use and manage your ideas/tasks. The categorization of ideas and value algorithms can be adjusted very easy, this gives the user maximum flexibility. Prioritization planning works really good.

Cons

The timeline usability was bad, setting up lots of tasks/ideas was really pain. What I was missing mostly was the ability to relate ideas/tasks to milestones. You can set milestones in time, but you can not assign ideas to milestones.

MM

MIKE M.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Easy to Use but Missed Some Simple Features

Overall while sometimes frustrating the tool meets the simple needs for what I require.

Pros

Very easy to use and customize to tell the appropriate story

Cons

There are some simple misses, what seems like very simple feature development and items that should be considered as part of an MVP (minimally viable product) should have been deployed by now.

RC

Rishi C.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Fantastic, simple and clear tool to see the wood from the tree's in our complex roadmaps

Pros

On boarding of an existing list of items is very easy, the custom tags allow you to group features/items so that when deciding on next set of improvements and functions, you can achieve economies of scale. The swim lane style structure really helps us visualise where we are, what we have prioritised, and what we have completed allowing easy to create presentations for stakeholders when communicating roadmaps and progress.

Cons

I'm not sure the feature voting function is something we will use, and it would be great to have a MoSCoW feature. The user roles and permissions also need evolving, change history would be extremely handy and a function to allow you to create unique ticket ID's would be fantastic, but these are improvements more then dislikes.

BM

Brian M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Get started quickly!

Positive. Our biggest pain point is communicating vision, roadmap, and product releases. Airfocus allows us to do this at a strategic-level while tapping into our team-level kanban boards, where attention meets intention. The product is intuitive and augmented by inline customer support. You really feel there is a dedicated team behind you, and the post-sales support call furthers this sentiment.

Pros

The Timeline and Scoring features make prioritization, which most companies/teams can struggle with, easy to do. It's also nice to have bi-direction sync to everyday third-party products (trello/jira).

Cons

I'd like to see the pricing model change to allow for unlimited contributors. The value of this product is inclusion. That said, I'm looking forward to the public portal feature (Q3).

Internet, 1-10 employees

Product Roadmap

Pros

The prioritization features and the priority chart view. Love how the prioritization is calculated automatically, definitely gives you a different view of the importance of your roadmap items; especially when using the priority chart view. Makes it really easy to see what features you should focus on next.

Cons

What I liked least, and this is just for the sake of having to list something, is the abundance of templates. There are tons of templates but they are all based on the same functionality with slight settings tweaked. AT first, I found this confusing and overwhelming as I did not understand what the difference was. Until I spent a good amount of time using it then chose what I liked the most from each and made it into my own.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great for managing inputs from multiple stakeholders

Excellent

Pros

Really appreciate how easy it is use for transparent prioritization of features among multiple stakeholders. Eliminates confusion and concerns about what we're going to build next.

Cons

Would like a little more flexibility with formatting the columns, but overall, it's quite easy to use

Marc C.

Product Management Software easy to use

Great product and great support team.

Pros

I like the different views provided by the software and the the new "portal" feature to present the public roadmap is really great!

Cons

Nice features like the "priority poker" are only available in the more expensive tiers.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Align your teams around the roadmap

Pros

Being able to share links with live views of the roadmap, timeline, task list is great. Being able to score features and functions on different, bespoke criteria, means that only the features that are going to move the needle make their way into development.

Cons

Being able to bulk score, i.e. these 10 features all score an 8 would be useful, currently you have to score each on individually.

Louis S.

Internet,

airfocus has really helped us prioritise and make the right product decisions in the last few months

Pros

One of my favorite things about airfocus was the setup process the wizard really guided me through it and I was able to easily setup the software the way I wanted to. The bubble charts are a big help when it comes to discussing prioritization in-between teams when everyone has a different focus.

Cons

When I share a roadmap with a link, I would like to be able to set filters for the receiving persons view of the roadmap.

JT

Joel T.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Not expensive and sleek

Pros

- Has jira integration! - Has the bubble charts for drivers (rating system) - not expensive

Cons

- doesn't have open voting for team/customers.

BS

Ben S.

Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Product is maturing well

Positive experience, I would recommend to anyone for managing complex roadmaps/product strategies

Pros

It allows you to create different pre-set views of your roadmap and to create customised formulas for prioritisation. It allows you to create custom fields in order to categorise your roadmap. It also integrates natively with jira.

Cons

Struggled to use the outcome based roadmap - but this is most likely a user error.

bh

brendan h.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Necessary for all modern product teams

Pros

As the person who runs product and engineering at our organization, there are requests coming in from every department for features, updates, and new products/pages. Being able to build a prioritization framework that the entire org is bought into that I can share with everyone has been invaluable. The entire team can now see our roadmap and why we're working on certain things. We built a google form to ingest requests, which creates an asana and airfocus task. We then enter their scores for impact, and our scores for effort and other teams can clearly see where their projects fall on the prioritization list. It's made conversations about bandwidth so much easier and made our teams work more transparent.

Cons

Currently, there is no way to have multiple frameworks inside a single project. It's also a bit expensive on a per-user basis.

Thanks for the inspiring feedback. Love the Form/Asana/airfocus workflow. We're soon gonna launch master roadmaps. This will hopefully help you.

MJ

Michael J.

Government Administration, 5,001-10,000 employees

Intuitive Product Roadmapping

Excellent.

Pros

Airfocus is so easy to get stared with, the software is simple to use and the setup guides are really good. I really love the roadmapping capabilities of Airfocus, the ability to build powerful portfolio views and align initiatives to my strategy is so important.

Cons

Integrations are limited (unless you use Zapier, but then you're building in external dependencies). MS Teams native integration would be good to see. Slack is there already but if you're a Microsoft centric business you'll find it less simple.

BG

Brett G.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Great at what it does

A simple, yet powerful, tool to use as a roadmap that can be published to stakeholders as needed.

Pros

The detailed and configurable initiative scoring is exactly what we needed to evaluate future projects. The priority poker tool they have created is also an amazing way to unearth really productive conversations with all of our seniors.

Cons

I had a few things, but then they released an update and all of my concerns were addressed. It's like they were listening! I would like to maybe see some deeper integration of OKRs or other ways to communicate and do a basic tracking of progress towards annual objectives.

PF

Philippe F.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Great for prioritizing the product development cycle.

Would highly recommend. For this price it's actually a no-brainer for every business that wants to set their priorities right.

Pros

As a compnay we were struggling with prioritizing and answering the 'what's next?' question. Airfocus is a great tool to help you do this in a transparant and convenient way.

Cons

These guys are working really hard and the software gets updated on a regular bases. At the moment we are just missing some simple editing (copy, move,...) features, but they are already on the roadmap.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Airfocus review

Pros

It is the easiest way to have a prioritization system that can be customized.

Cons

Lack of basic standard software features.

JA

Josh A.

Research, 51-200 employees

AirFocus help you get focus.

Pros

Airfocus is powerful and once setup, it gets out of the way. This is exactly what you want in a product. I like the single-source of truth but with limitless views which makes creating tailored views for teams and stakeholders a breeze.

Cons

Airfocus can be daunting to setup. The team attempts to minimize this by proving templates. The real trick to using AirFocus is to start small and work outwards on what is needed.

MM

Mafalda M.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Beautifully designed and perfect for sharing with stakeholders

I'm very satisfied with airfocus - It helps a lot with being able to share my thought process and prioritization efforts and help align the team around the priorities.

Pros

The UI is very slick and easy to use. It's very visual and creates very impactful roadmaps. I love that I'm able to share with stakeholders and the team in a format that is not a spreadsheet or a static presentation. The clubhouse integration has been very helpful.

Cons

The one thing that I feel it could be improved is importing external data from a file (for example CSV) - I found it was not very intuitive to be on integrations as it's technically an upload, not an integration. Most of all I feel it would be helpful to be able to create bulk items more easily.

ak

aviad k.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Makes its work

Pros

Help us to prioritize our feathers Clear the road map plan Improve our collaborating skills

Cons

Integration to Asana should work better, the overall work plan should be synchronized in two ways

Hi there, Thanks for your valuable feedback. Our Asana integration is actually 2-way-sync. Would be great to learn where you experienced problems. Best, Malte

Ed

Evan d.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great for product road mapping

Airfocus has been really helpful in helping us prioritize what we build and promoted better product management practices in our business.

Pros

My product team uses airfocus to scope potential features. It's slick and works really well. We particularly like the chart that demonstrates because it gives a quick overview of which features we should be directing our energy to and which ones we should cut. this also promotes the right behaviours among the team when considering features.

Cons

Can take a bit of getting used to, and one of the team had to invest a lot of time into setting it up. Using it a Jira separately can be a bit of a chore, but maybe the Jira integration can help with this?

Philipp B.

I have used airfocus since beta launch

Pros

The results are very well in line with what I think is relevant for a successful roadmap. It also uses well know blueprints, which makes it really easy to understand for people with business backgrounds.

Cons

Its a little hard in the beginning and you have to dig in at least 15 minutes to get some valid results.

Syrus A. N.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great tool for Product Managers

Pros

Ability to tie product initiatives back to overall product timelines.

Cons

Price could be lower, and also better integration with Jira and other tools

SP

Sarah P.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Review of marketing tool

Good but could do with tips/ explanation as above. Also waiting on being able to select an item to go in multiple groups as well as more enhanced integration with CRM software.

Pros

Easy to use when you get the hang of it looks nice

Cons

A bid fiddly at first, could do with explanation of setting up

Maryna N.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Must-have tool for product teams

Helps to visualize our goals

Pros

I like that our product teams has all data in one tool. Import from Jira is done with a few clicks.

Cons

Setting up the Jira itegration for the first time is a bit tricky. You need Jira admin status for that.