ProWorkflow Logo
ProWorkflow

Project Management & Time Tracking For Teams Of Any Size.

visit website

ProWorkflow Reviews

4.5

How would you rate ProWorkflow?

Pros

Connects seamlessly with xero. I love it, I tested many demos, it has an attractive interface, accuracy, great support - this task management system gets a 9.8/10 from me.

SC

Sarah C.

Excellent team integration, integration of financial and accounting software, but the best benefit for our purpose was the time tracking tool.

ProWorkflow is the administrative backbone of my business. At a glance I can see where a project is, how much time has been spent on it, what tasks have been completed and which ones are outstanding.

Leah D.

Cons

So if I have 10 contractors I use, I have to buy full account access for each of them, even though they may only use the software 2-6 times a year. This has always been my biggest complaint.

Leah D.

I dislike the fact that contractors cannot track time in the software.

Leah D.

Reporting section customizing reports is difficult without assistance from proworkflow.

ES

Elliott S.

PWF user for years

Transcript

Chuck P.: I'm Chuck. I'm a creative director. I would give ProWorkflow a four out of five. For more reviews...

Proworkflow for design

The ability to task and track and invoice are fantastic, this really has changed the way we work for the better.

Pros

WE use PWF everyday for tasking and keeping track of hours allocated and spent on projects. We also use it for invoicing+ quoting. Its a great programme for keeping track of everything and the apps are great.

Cons

The idiosyncratic tendancies that the apps have - the Weekly workloader for example, its difficult to see at a glance the project title as the client name is first. We have several projects with the same name. The hours allocated to a task are also not noted on this app. The ability to drag a task from one day to the next would be great too. I find that custom reports are very hard to create too...

Review from a Studio Manager

Great customer service and quick to answer our calls. We understand that you're still going through some teething problems so we'll stick with Pro Work Flow for now as we've been informed that changes are coming. Would still recommend this software.

Pros

This software has helped us a lot as we came from excel spreadsheets. The reports capability is fantastic. The timesheet is easy to use. The customer support is also great.

Cons

The templates for invoicing is quite basic and can look a little unprofessional. Not having filters in reports that calculate the number of hours per staff member. Not enough report templates. It would be good if there were more ready-made templates. The syncing process with myob works but isn't the easiest.

ProWorkFlow for an Engineering Firm

Keeping track of project budgets, invoices and assingments is way easier that what we have seen in other programs.

Pros

Timesheets are great giving the time of day, assigned projects and notes for documentation. Projects section is good with the budget, staff assignments and notes sections. Invoices are easy to create.

Cons

There should be an option to mark time as billed and a summary for all unbilled time by the project with the estimated billing amount for tracking. Our projects are completed over the course of a year with bi weekly billings but finding out what was and was not billed is a pain. Quickbooks online timesheets has this built in and it seems like that should be a simple add on to PWF.

ProWorkflo is a good value

Early on, PWF was ideal for our production system and really advanced our internal efficiency. But as we grew and our projects became more complex and diverse, PWF had a hard time keeping up. The templates - for what we are doing - became very unwieldy, and the dashboard feature really did not have the capacity to give us the snapshots of our many projects that we needed. I truly like PWF, but it may be that we simply outgrew it. New features to answer our concerns - storage, dashboard, snapshots especially, along with the ability to streamline templates, could easily bring us back to the fold.

Pros

Flexibility of template creation, internal team communication.

Cons

Will not connect with our NAS. Connection through Dropbox is awkward. Does not have nearly enough storage on its own servers for our purposes.

Love ProWorkFlow

They have been great and support is great.

Pros

Love the different views for tasks and the transparency on fields you see daily

Cons

The ability to select billable/nonbillable on a project level and not task level so we can default to one or the other. It is always the one thing PMs forget to update.

Production Life Saver

I have been using Pro Work Flow for the last 4 years and couldn't survive without it. Easy to use, easy to teach other staff how to use, and customer service is available as needed. I'd recommend it to any company or business that needs to keep tasks and projects organized.

Pros

Cons

I don't really have anything that I'm not happy with. If I had to pick something...I wish there were more seasonal and/or holiday backgrounds to choose from.

Back of the house user

The goal is ROI reporting. After entering quotes, freelance hours, employee hours, invoices, expenses, we are hoping to receive financial and burn ROI information although uncertain of PWF's abilities to pick up all aspects in a concise complete report.

Pros

Definitely a great cost for the money. Linking capabilities among the various tabs (tasks, file attachments, calendar, quotes) is somewhat seamless. The multiple options of time keeping is a plus.

Cons

Reporting is lacking. Various report drop options is lacking and not clear. Lacks pliability. Invoicing is also lacking with the QuickBooks external quotient not adjustable which makes it unusable. The creator hasn't had to create 50 manual invoices because the unnecessary key strokes, date input inflexibility, cursor flow inept, lack of default movement is frustrating, time consuming and leads to errors.

Good software For getting started

We have worked with pro workflow for over eight years from being a midsize company to a smaller size company and the software still continues to support us throughout the years.

Pros

The software helps you compartmentalize if you were in experience you can search the software and it will help you launch your business. It has many features that will get you organized.

Cons

Time difference for customer support. Sometimes it was difficult to get a response when we needed it.

Pro Work Flow Review

PWF has been invaluable to our team but workflow organization, project management and ultimately file saving and sharing. Having our job numbers automatically created in sequence with our customized pre-fixes has been extremely helpful.

Pros

Pro Work Flow is very easy to use. Very little admin time is needed to train new users. It's been very reliable and only has ever had very minor issues in the past. The customer service has been excellent, even with the time difference.

Cons

There's really not much I don't like about Pro Work Flow. The one thing that can be improved is it's reporting functions, especially on the MAC operating system. It's very user friendly to get what you need from it.

Scheduling Simplified

Overall Proworkflow is a great out of the box solution. There are some workarounds we need to implement to make it work for us but it's a key part of our business processes running smoothly. Definitely would recommend to others!

Pros

This allows us to see our jobs and assigned employees at a glance. Our whole team uses it as the main tool for scheduling the work for the week, checking off tasks and keeping our customer service on point.

Cons

Reporting isn't the best. Would like to be able to see hours scheduled per person on any given day more easily (right now I have to manually calculate it because the reporting isn't accurate). This makes doing our production schedule take MUCH longer.

Proworkflow, easy and all editable items.

In general, I would say everything about ProworkFlow is great. It is cheap compared to others but ive tried 15 project management software and I would say this one is the best and easier to work with. Had no issue to learn it. Went pretty fast for me to master the software. Great customer service has they provide good feedback and Skype or Zoom support!

Pros

- Easy to use interface - Fast learning - Able to manage pretty mutch every aspect of your company - Everything is editable - Custom Task - Custom project templates - User management - Contact management - Easy editing and modifications for project - Organising timeline and workflow with team - Admin panel is great for access to everything - Great support!

Cons

- Ugly looking interface ( They are working on making it look better ) - Apps ( not all of them are currently working ) - No IOS or Android App ( still have a section for toutch screen edition ) - Can't create a customer without having a company. - Have a better notification system.

A Flighty Employee's Dream

The ability to track the progress of every project from start to completion has increased our output and limited error in ways I might never have predicted.

Pros

While learning the software initially was somewhat taxing, once the basics are achieved, ProWorkflow improves the work process immeasurably. My entire team is hitting deadlines at a record rate thanks to the prioritizing of tasks and easy access to documents and team messages. It's a one-stop portal for the department to give direction, upload content, and post queries.

Cons

As stated above, ProWorkflow seems overly detailed initially and was a bit overwhelming to learn. A large part of this, though, was making the transition from the far-too-simplistic and far-too-limited software we'd been using for years.

So many great features!

As an agency, we've tried a couple of products to manage our clients, projects and expenses. This is by far the best one we've come across.

Pros

I like the functionality and how intuitive it is to use. This product is robust but not overwhelming.

Cons

I feel like if reports could be sent in emails automatically. Or say, when a project is 75% complete, the project manager is notified by email, that would be helpful!

It's Got Everything!

Pros

It's got all the functionality we need! Min Lee is great, answers all our questions and fast. For anyone that wants to manage multiple projects, ProWorkflow is definitely a multi-functional tool. We love how transparent it is and has a great reporting functionality. I'm currently training a new staff on it and it's so easy to learn It's fantastic, we love it, our clients love it and we couldn't be happier. We are ProWorkflow's biggest fan!

Cons

Not all the reporting capabilities for part of our industry. So we needed something to be made! This isn't even a criticism but adapted very well!

Thanks heaps Karen!

ProWorkflow Rocks

I have been extremely happy with ProWorkflow. Our project management had gotten out of hand with the company growing so quickly. This software allows us to keep a handle on all projects and each task within those projects. The support I've received from the ProWorkflow staff has been amazing!

Pros

This software helped us streamline our work process. We have several people working on dozens of projects all the time. ProWorkflow helps us meet deadlines, look ahead for planning, and keep everyone on task so all deadlines are meet despite heavy workloads.

Cons

I would like to be able to add a status column to the main project page. Many of our projects get put on hold, or we are waiting for the client. It would be nice to be able to quickly change the status of a project so my employees know what's happening with one glance.

ProWorkflow Review

Our experience has been great. The customer service is always prompt and helpful. If they can't answer a question right away, they will get back to you in a timely manner. It's helped us keep track of our projects in a much more efficient way.

Pros

We have been using ProWorkflow for several years now and have had a great experience. It is easy for us to track where we are in a project for both time and budget wise. It's a great central location for everyone to keep notes and contact information.

Cons

We wish it was easier to track some of the pre-project start up information. Or a way to track marketing calls to potential and old clients.

Project Management for Video production

ProWorkflow enables us to track our projects from where ever we are in the world. Enabling us to appear super organised to our clients - letting them trust that their projects are in safe hands.

Pros

ProWorkFlow allows our diverse video production projects to retain a calm organised structure and enable our small team to deliver complex productions on time and on budget. Starting with the quotation module it allows us to develop a production from initial contact through to delivered films.

Cons

The software can't read minds - it can only keep record on the information we give it. The more we give it the more it gives back.

An omnipresent project manager.

Pros

The application helps you save a lot of time and allocate more tasks with ease. The responsive customer service and support team is another advantage. Application is an apt option to meet the requirements of marketing teams and IT consultancies. Resource management and expense tracking features are very effective. The application is user-friendly and offers a variety of templates for your projects. They keep updating features on a regular basis. Helps you generate standard reports and schedule time sheets and widgets. Before your project even starts, you can estimate the time taken for each task. The platform is scalable, and they have personalized pricing plans for professionals, advanced and solo.

Cons

Better reporting features specifically for custom reports. Improve the functionalities of financial reports. Visibility features requires improvement. When you deal with large number of tasks, the interface takes time. Absence of a secure client information database. Searchability feature needs improvement, while you search for previous tasks it takes a lot of time to retrieve the same.

Excellent Workflow system

The system allowed me to keep track of our clients documents and keep timeframes so I know where we are with each of our clients to make sure we follow and stick to our deadlines.

Pros

The software is so easy to use and integrates to my Gmail account easily so that when me and my resume writer share documents back n forth between it alerts each of us to check the system. I would definitely recommend this system for any small or large business. If you need to track where you're in the process with clients this system really does the job well.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints. The system is amazing!

ProWorkflow allows me to track our time and status

I like working with the support staff as they usually answer within hours even though we are on opposite sides of the earth. I like having the information all in one place and that all my staff can have access to all of it or just their part. Very flexible that way. And I really like the time tracking ability within each project.

Pros

I really like the option to track time for each task and I like that we can communicate with our clients and keep the emails all together.

Cons

The only issue we sometimes have is with the limitation to the file size when we upload or download. Sometimes 1GB just doesn't do it.

ProWorkflow does it all.

Thanks to it's tracking, reporting and project management features, we estimate it saves each person up to 15 minutes per day. Multiply that by a large user base over the duration of the year and you've got yourself some pretty significant ROI.

Pros

The ability to customize for my team's very specific functions is the best part of ProWorflow. We have different divisions and teams serving varied company needs, all with their own unique workflow needs. ProWorkflow solved for them all.

Cons

It has so many options it would be great if you could turn those off you don't need (like invoice and billing, for instance).

Good software - some UI and performance issues

ProWorkFlow definitely makes my job as a project manager easier. Long gone are the days of cover sheets on proofs, copy or mockups. There's no question that the functionality of the program will likely improve how you do business but the program could have more customization and a few layout/navigation changes. One example is trying to access the Project Archive. It seems that a dropdown menu for the Projects tab would be faster and more effective to access the submenu for Project Archives. Instead, you must wait for the project screen to load before being able to get to the Archive. The site is often slow or hangs, requiring refreshing of pages, interrupting workflow. All in all I am glad this is the software we use and look forward to further improvements.

Pros

Support is responsive to wish-list items Makes my life easier. Intuitive interface. Many functions (on desktop) are quick and easy (changing dates, editing task titles, changing project task heirarchy)

Cons

Relies on hovering - doesn't work on mobile devices (some functions are only accessible by hovering Often slow to load pages No easy way to switch right back to your user if you've switched to a Team or Individual user The orange is ugly. No daily summary of total hours of tasks assigned to a user. This may be a deal breaker for some.

Packed with features IF you need them

ProWorkFlow is a great platform for anyone seeking a project tracking platform that integrates multiple parts of your sales and service delivery processes. On the upside, there is very little it can't do in terms of keeping track of sales, invoicing, tasks, deadlines and team communication; they've basically thought of everything. A solid solution for architects and consulting services (legal)...

Pros

Comprehensive features. Ability to set up complex templates for workflows.

Cons

The interface isn't as clean or graphic as I would like. I also don't like having to pay for features I don't use which made it expensive for me on a per user basis.

Excellent timke tracking software with Great Customer Service

Excellent. It has been a game changer for us in terms of managing staff time.

Pros

Proworkflow is simple to use and the customer service is excellent. It enables us to readily manage client engagements and individual tasks and is a great tool for recording and billing time.

Cons

I think the only way of recording expected hours worked for part time and casual staff is to set any days they don't work as "out of office" or "vacation". This makes it challenging for forward managing projects against available staff time.

ProWorkflow Review

I'm not solving any real problems, this works just as good as my previous project management software. Honestly, I'd prob stop using it all together if it wasn't for all my projects being archived here for the last 3 years & it's a pain (speaking from experience) to transfer to something that works better for my needs.

Pros

The ease of entering projects and assigning to employees.

Cons

Inability to easily search for old project – the name or job number has to be exact, otherwise you're just scrolling through hundreds of files. I also don't like the ability to duplicate jobs if there's a duplicate order.