TenantCloud Reviews - Page 3

NM

Neill M.

New and still in trial

Pros

Loved the vendor process and maintenance requests as well as the owner portals.

Cons

There is no Move In / Move out and general inspection documentation. it will beneficial to have such function and then have the system allow you to task the work to a contractor. You do not have a reconciliation process for bank accounts I think that is a negative. Also you don't have an option to issues 1099 to vendors / owners and fire files to the IRS again another negative.

JS

Jamie S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great option for tracking tenants

Pros

I like that everything is in one place and rent is tracked automatically, including late payments

Cons

The navigation is confusing. Generally when I log in to perform monthly duties that don't happen that often I have to remember how to get where I want to go

Patrick G.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great product for a growing property management company

Pros

Tenantcloud is affordable and it has all of the features that you would need to run a property management business. The is a useful tenant portal and property owner portal. You are able to collect rent online and receive maintenance requests. This is a product that can grow with your business.

Cons

The cons are that the financial reporting is not very easy to read and understand. The property owner portal does not show all of the transactions from the property. Transfering money takes 5-7 days. Online payments charge a small transaction fee.

MC

Mark C.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Going on 6 years of use and still loving it

I’ve been using tenant cloud for almost 6 years now. I wanted something that was simple and inexpensive for managing the one property we are renting out, and Tenant Cloud has delivered over the years. Our tenants have appreciated the simplicity of the system and it’s been very easy for them to submit maintenance reports and set up automatic payments, the two most important factors for a simple rental situation like ours.

Pros

Very easy to keep track of payments and expenses. Very user friendly for our tenants, especially when setting up automatic payments.

Cons

For a landlord that only manages one condo, the initial setup feels a little daunting just because the system is so robust as to accommodate multiple properties. Took a little getting used to, and the tech support was great in helping that process.

AP

Alex P.

TenantCloud Review

Pros

We issue a 5-day grace period for rental payments. On the sixth day, a daily late fee accrues. Keeping track of the late fees, over multiple properties, is challenging. TenantCloud allows late fee tracking, decreasing the risk of making an accounting / invoicing error.

Cons

We listed a property and received hundreds of leads. Once the property was leased, deleting the leads' information required a click on each name rather than a 'select all' option. Wrapping up the listing was more time consuming because we had to select each unique lead before deletion.

DY

Diego Y.

Real Estate, self-employed

Best option for small landlords

TenantCloud has been crucial to managing my rentals the last 2-3 years. Extremely helpful for recording my expenses and receipts and has been a life-saver come tax time when I need to do a final reconciliation of all activities. They're always improving it too, so I can tell they really believe in their product.

Pros

The free option for landlords/owners under 75 units is essential as a cost-effective way to manage your rentals. It's cloud-based and with constant updates to it's features and reporting. Allows for online tenant screening and standalone sites for individual units to list rentals. Very user-friendly interface allows me to enter expenses and collected rents in minutes and not waste any more time than I have to. Seems pretty robust with several features that I don't even use but I can see how they might be useful to institutional or larger landlords. Definitely recommend this product.

Cons

The report formats are not what I would choose, but they can be exported to excel and customized a bit so it's not a big deal. Never had to contact their customer support so I really don't know how they are, but I imagine they're pretty responsive given what I have read.

CU

Caitlyn U.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

TenantCloud Software is a Great Value!

Pros

TenantCloud is user-friendly, low cost, & effective property management software. It allows you to manage property features, accounting, leases, listings, maintenance requests, etc. all in one place at a very affordable price. The TenantCloud team is always looking to improve the software and is very responsive to users needing assistance or users that have suggestions for improvements!

Cons

No cons to list at this time, overall I am very satisfied with TenantCloud.

VS

Victoria S.

Glad I made the switch to TenantCloud

Pros

What I like the most about TenantCloud is that the accounting portion is very robust.

Cons

What I like the least about TenantCloud is that you can only have so many attachments (leases, etc.) before the system is full.

RB

Ron B.

Law Practice, self-employed

Great for all my PM needs

I would definitely subscribe again in the future, it has made my life easier by having a system in place instead of tracking multiple excel sheets.

Pros

I have multiple rentals, with a few different partners on each property. TenantCloud made it easy to track rents, expenses, and automatic online payments into different bank accounts based on the property.

Cons

Not the most intuitive system - but I have found the answer very quickly with a quick google search. TenantCloud has a pretty extensive FAQS section.

PP

Peter P.

Pathetic Service

Pretty bad and will be out of business soon with this service and attitude.

Pros

Tried to cancel and they charged anyway. Then they would not issue a refund. Pretty pathetic. This is the pro.

Cons

Terrible interface and accounting. Not interactive.

Thank you for letting us know about your experience using TenantCloud. We are sorry our product did not meet your expectations, and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.

MS

Misty S.

Tenant Cloud Review

Good. It allows me to run my business.

Pros

I like the ease of making a payment, the automatic application of late fees, the ability to upload pictures/videos of maintenance issues.

Cons

I have repeatedly requested that they make the time that late fees get applied a selectable option so that we can be in line with our lease agreements and not overcharge tenants or lose out on additional late fee income.

LM

Lewis M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Full featured, free property management software

As a complete newbie managing 4 units for a single landlord on short notice this program was super easy to pick up, set up the properties and get rolling.

Pros

The free version of Tenantcloud has absolutely all the features you need from a management program. You get up to 75 properties to manage for free, and that genuinely feels like the only limit to the free version. With the smallest bit of accounts and financial knowledge the program just intuitively makes sense without needing to be dumbed down. It's well laid out, customisable and helped me get on top of things during a very stressful handover.

Cons

Small bugs can be slightly annoying, one tenant had trouble connecting to their profile and it took a few connection emails back and forth, but it worked out within half an hour (tenants don't have to connect to the app, the main benefit for them would be seeing their financial position). Recording manual payment is very easy, though you can't manually record an OVERpayment through the "receive payments" button, it always returns to the expected payment amount, overpayment can only be recorded through the invoice directly. Honestly these are TINY issues which have cost me seconds.

SZ

Spencer Z.

Helpful for Rent Collection

Overall, I have had a good experience, but I wish the communication option was easier for the tenants. I wanted all the tenants to correspond with us on TenantCloud, but they opt for texting and emailing since those are still easier. Also, one of my tenants said he found it hard to make a maintenance request and ended up just texting me, so a better interface for tenants would be better.

Pros

We were attracted to Tenant Cloud because it offered a way for tenants to pay rent via ACH, so our tenants would not have to pay fees and could easily pay online. TenantCloud also sends automatic reminders to tenants to pay their rent, and so far we have had no late rent payments!

Cons

Have had a few issues that were mostly fixed after reaching out to customer support. I don't like that it takes a long time for a payment to hit my bank account, as the ACH payments are sent first to my TenantCloud balance and then transferred to my bank account. Depending on when rent is due (since transfers are only made on business days), it could take up to more than 10 days for the payment to hit my bank account. I also wish it was easier to sync with QuickBooks.

JR

Jesse R.

60 Rental Units

Took about 4 business days to set up 60 tenants including stored documents. There were a few learning curves but nothing extremely troubling. Plan to set up other aspects as time permits.

Pros

Fast, easy cloud-based implementation. Smartphone app. Tenant portal. Cloud document storage. Equipment/asset management with maintenance reminders.

Cons

Difficult to get reports on certain typical rental business functions (ie. bank deposits).

JW

Jodi W.

Property Management Solution

Pros

User friendly, easy to navigate, web and app make it convenient for the admin, maintenance department, and tenants.

Cons

I've ran into a couple of issues but most of the time the help desk has been able to find a solution.

Andrew S.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Absolutely horrendous user experience

I wanted to like it. Their customer service is friendly, but ultimately unhelpful because the software is poorly designed. They need to hire a UX design firm to overhaul the whole thing. I wanted to like it, I've given it a fair chance. I'm now looking hard to find a better product that I don't get angry about every time I try to get something done.

Pros

The user interface is aesthetically pleasing.

Cons

Nothing that you expect to happens, happens. Lease renewals are a nightmare. Can't trust the system to just work.

Thanks for sharing your experience. First of all, we want to say that we loved the expression about our interface: "aesthetically pleasing". But we are very sorry to hear you had such an experience overall. Our Support Team is always happy to assist and our Dev Team is doing their best to improve our system functionality. Thank you.

AM

Andrew M.

Great for Collecting Rents

Pros

It works well for collecting rents at a price more affordable compared to the competition.

Cons

They made some changes and got rid of a feature I liked (sending payments to tenants). They also added ACH fees, which was one reason I chose this software originally.

Andrew, due to the latest system update, now if you want to send funds to your tenants you need to use the 'Refund' option. Please contact us at support@tenantcloud.com and our team will be happy to assist. Also, kindly note that our online payments service encountered some updates in the last months: our payment processor has changed. The pricing upgrade was a difficult decision, as industry costs have increased and it became challenging for our company to cover customer fees. We hope for your understanding and we are grateful for your support.

EB

Elad B.

Real Estate, self-employed

The Property management software for your growing enterprise

I manage 30 properties with TT including industrial and residential.

Pros

Tenant cloud allows you to collect online rent via ACH for a small fee charged to you or the tenant, and forward that amount to up to 5 different bank accounts. I really like it's extra features such as a place to store information regarding gate/door codes, paint colors, etc. You can upload the leases for easy reference and sent messages to tenants such as rent increase notices and stuff needing signatures. Highly recommend!

Cons

there are a few minor glitches that i have pointed out to their dev team and they are responsive to fix it.

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you!

Perfect for Small Landlords!

It saved me a ton of time.

Pros

I could not have made it through my first year of managing my 4 properties without this. This is the 3rd year of using this soft and I'm loving it. They are continually improving the app. I am very pleased with the use of this program and my tenants love the convenience of paying their rent online. And maintenance requests are like a game. So easy, that even my elder tenants use it.

Cons

Well, they don't have a phone support, but once you figure out how to use support tickets you get used to it.

Thank you for a great feedback! We really appreciate your kind words.

RG

Robert G.

Tenant Cloud is my partner

Tenant Cloud makes it easier to manage my properties and my tenants.

Pros

I like the ease with which it keeps track of who has paid and who still owes rent payments.

Cons

Some features are clunky and force me to make extra clicks to get back to a spot that i just was previously.

MP

Mary P.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Tenant Cloud is the Best Cost-Effective Property Management Solution for Landlords

Pros

TenantCloud makes it easy to keep all lease details, maintenance, and applications in one easy to access portal. We love that multiple team members can have access to exactly the information they need.

Cons

Some pages take a very long time to load, reporting is lacking, and you cannot do very many "bulk" actions

DF

Douglas F.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Some nice features but falls short for full scale property management.

This software helped us until we were able to implement a product that was a better fit for us.

Pros

1. Didn't required a minimum number of properties. 2. Was able to use quickly. 3. Customer service was good as I recall.

Cons

It just fell short on the features that were available on other products.

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to offer cool and helpful features for our customers. We will be happy to receive your suggestions on how we can improve, so please feel free to submit a ticket with your ideas regarding features we may implement in future updates. Thank you in advance!

TL

Travis L.

New owner likes Tenant Cloud simplicity

Overall, as a new landlord, the Tenant Cloud has simplified my overall learning for managing the property and recording activities.

Pros

I like the ease of lease development and management with the auto invoicing feature. Also, when advertising for open units the connection to all of the listing sites makes it easy to advertise.

Cons

I’d love it if the payment processing was shortened, there were account techniques that were reviewed via webinars and simplifying the tenant side.

MS

Mike S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Tenant Cloud is great for us!

Very good. Saves us several hundred a month. Plus we keep commission instead of giving it to PM.

Pros

We self manage several properties near us and it saves us money as supposed to using Property managers we had to manage and stay on top of all the time anyhow. Great product. Also very easy to list properties and find quality tenants.

Cons

Some features are not completely easy to understand. However Technical support is absolutely the best. Highly recommend them on that.

ES

Elizabeth S.

Tenantcloud

Time savings has been the biggest benefit.

Pros

Being able to automatically track rent payments is the very best part.

Cons

On recurring transactions, it would be nice to update amounts without having to delete and redo entire transaction. This is especially helpful when mortgage amounts change every so often.