All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

TenantCloud Reviews

New User

About a 6 overall. I don't have a whole lot of use for it yet, but the customer service experience makes me wonder how I would be treated if I was a paying customer with a more serious problem.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use and set up. I only own a couple properties at this point, so I don't have a whole lot to take care of, but it helps keep task and things prioritized and organized. I did put in a ticket for what I thought would be a basic customer service issue almost a month ago, and it still hasn't been resolved. It makes me wonder how something would be handled if I had a more serious issue.

Cons

The cost associated with using some of the features of the website. Because I only have a couple of properties, I don't need a subscription service, but if I could purchase one-off things like background checks, or if I could push off cost on to tenats for transactions to allow them to pay me through the app. if they wanted to.

Best Property Management Program I’ve Found!

We own/manage about 8 luxury apartment rentals and 6 business suites and this program has everything we need to be successful. I am so excited to see where our business goes now that we have the right tools to get us there!

Pros

Really easy to use, quickly learn how to maneuver through it, covers all the bases of what we needed the program to do and much more. It is a program we can and will grow our business with!

Cons

I have no complaints so far. I had looked through, downloaded and called about 20 different programs and nothing was exactly perfect for what we needed. Until I found TenantCloud! Then, it was like finally, the search is over!

A single interface for all things related to managing your properties

I bought a new out-of-state property and needed a single piece of software to manage it. TenantCloud was a great choice.

Pros

My favorite part of TenantCloud is the accounting functionality. I can manage all my income and expenses with it, and I don't need to pay for a Quickbooks subscription. It's definitely a win-win and my accountant is going to thank me in April.

Cons

It takes a while to learn how to use, and if you offer a discount on rent one month, I still can't figure out how to manage that other than having unpaid rent due, but otherwise, it's great.

Tenant Cloud pretty good

It was pretty good, but I only manage a few properties so I found google docs and excel are good enough for me.

Pros

It had a lot of features, some a little confusing but overall not bad for the money.

Cons

Like I sad, a little confusing but I believe if they offered training it would a super great program.

Nancy, thank you for finding time to leave us a review. We value every opinion to make our service better for our users. Stay safe, TenantCloud Team

We manage our 15 units for free

I heard about tenantcloud last year from a friend of mine. I wasn't hurrying to sign up. Most of the time free softwares end up poorly. I was using buildium, but it was too expensive. I signed up a while after tenantcloud integrated background checks. It's been half a year since and I'm loving it. Online payments, tenant screening and reports. We use it for our 15 units and everything works great. The system is very easy and customer support is great. I recommend it for small landlords, it's perfect.

Pros

It's free, it has online payments and a great customer support.

Cons

Waiting for criminal report to be integrated.

We can¿t thank you enough for your great review. Happy landlording!

Property Management for smaller landlords

Its a evolving software that is going in the right direction. They are working hard at it. It has helped me move from Excel to this where its centrally managed

Pros

Online payment and account setup. Marketing.

Cons

Navigation. Inter-connectivity of modules. Custom Lease upload for signature etc and/or integration to products like docusign.

Easy to Setup and Use Property Management Software

This software is used to manage rental properties and expenses. It is easy to use.

Pros

I love the fact this is product is easy to setup and use. It is also available on mobile with the same basic experience so its easy to put in expenses or receive rent.

Cons

It took a little bit of time to enter all of the contacts, tenants and professionals, there isn't an import mechanism. Also understanding the model took a bit of time. Could use a bit more of a setup wizard.

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much.

Thanks for the great product!

Pros

I like everything about this product. Seriously, I'm very impressed with the amazing job TenantCloud did. I manage my rentals by myself and I don't need any help, it's really great.

Cons

I can't think of anything. This product is probably the best tool I have seen on the market.

Wow! We were blown away by your review. It made our day. Thank you for using TenantCloud.

Fantastic

The customer service team is fantastic… Everyone has been most helpful especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who I have spoken to several times

Pros

This is a fantastic software program that actually has the ability to take the place of a full-time employee… I could not be happier

Cons

I have no complaints, I am not super proficient with New software and I am also Personally assuming management of all properties, the conversion has been good.

Our Support Team is happy to have you as a customer. We value your feedback very much.

Easy to Use and has potential!

It is easier to use from my other platforms and has great value in the product.

Pros

I like the app and the notifications on the go! My applicants usually have trouble and complain about the software. That is not Tenant Clouds issue.

Cons

The app is clunky at times and crashes a lot because of updates. I hope this gets better soon.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Our team always work on new improvements and we appreciate you taking time to leave your positive feedback here.

No onboarding team

Yet to be determined, overall ok so far.

Pros

It has a decent suite of functionality that is slowly growing in features.

Cons

With the big names like Appfolio, they have an onboarding process/team to switch over, TC does not have this and is not user friendly when onboarding from a different property management software. The software

Thanks for your feedback. We will be working more towards providing our customers with a better onboarding process. We value your comments a lot.

TenantClous is a Great Free tool for new and experienced Landlords alike!

Pros

Tenantcloud is very easy to set up and use. It took me a couple of hours to set up my 5 rental properties. I also like the fact that I can: Advertise my vacant properties online using the software Communicate with my tenants through the software PLUS there are plenty of features in the FREE package that I have not yet explored!

Cons

Although it can handle up to 75 properties in the FREE package, there is only 512MB storage to support that many properties, which can be limiting when you want to upload good quality pictures, lease documents etc for each property. One improvement could be the ability to purchase additional storage at a reasonable price OR the ability to link the pictures and docs from another storage facility.

Ben, thanks you for using TenantCloud. Our support team will gladly work with you to resolve any issues you have with the system.

Good solution for business with a small portfolio

Just started but so far it is easy to use and navigate.

Pros

Low barriers to entry with the free option, don't need a minimum number of units, don't have a base fee, compatibility with Quickbooks (this is the paid version).

Cons

Haven't used it long enough to dive into the details.

The complexity of simplicity

Transferring money takes forever to reach my bank account and this is something I didn’t like about the software. In General, I don’t know with more properties coming on my way if I’ll keep it.

Pros

I like the way the tenant pays through the software and the chat feature between us.

Cons

The first time I tried the software I said wow this is too easy but after using it for 3 months now. This software is very complicated and not clear on what to do and caused many mistakes in accounting. When I added a tenant to a property and created invoices as first payment or pro-rated payment it charged the tenant the next month as recurring (in the middle of the month). And had to delete all payments and created a new one that happens at the beginning of the month. Yesterday I added a water bill for the tenant to pay it and I added it as expenses but the tenant couldn’t pay it so i deleted it and created an income so the tenant can pay it. It’s frustrating to me and can’t see it it as easy as it looks.

We are sorry to hear about your experience. Please, submit a support ticket via your TenantCloud account and our support team will be happy to help you with the accounting issues you have faced. Thanks for your feedback.

Small Operation Property Manager with 4 Single Family Homes in Portfolio

TenantCloud is awesome. The two Cons I had are very minor and may have already been fixed since they make updates to existing features and add new features about once a month. I can't be more satisfied with the product.

Pros

- Easy to use - Ton of features - All in one system that allows you to connect with tenants, owners, suppliers, and contractors - Continuously add features to make the product better - Extremely low cost, would be free for an operation my size expect I signed up for the feature that allows for payment through TenantCloud which only costs $9/month

Cons

- The accounting feature could be more user friendly, currently it isn't very easy to edit anything in the system. Instead you have to delete the item and reenter it. - The system for potential tenants to submit rental applications was also not the most user friendly

Tenants beware

100% frustrating. TOld all my fellow tenants about my experience, and feel bad for my landlord for signing up with this turkey. I'm back to paying by check, so the poor guy now has to keep track of who pays by check and who pay by TC.

Pros

From a tenants point of view, this is why I bailed. To pay this way, you have to go through payapl (junk) or put your rent on a record card (ridiculous) or Dwolla -- which is a real scam because it's "free" in return for ALL your personal info, including your ISP for the can track and collect your internet use -- sites visited, buying patterns, -- all the information that going itno lists that one would sell to retailers, charity pitches (or scams) that will bury you in tides of spam. How many tenants fall for this "free" service?? The only positive about Dwolla (or Dwalla,) is that they're honest about collecting your data.

Cons

- Instructions on line to cancel my account were obviously written for another version of tenant cloud - Unclear instructions though and difficult to navigate -- often had to bale and start from the beginning - Limited choices (3) for the way to pay - Dwolla sucking up your perosnal infor for their own benefit, not your. - NO customer support - Took me days to cancel my account, erroneous info, unresponsive to questions, had to call at specfic hours - No info about who's on the hook for money lost in a hack. TC? Dwolla? Judging by the site's overall amateur aproach, don't want them anywhere near my bank account.

We are sorry to hear about your negative experience and we are really hoping you will find a system that will work best for you.

Needs to be more intuitive

I can divide payments among different properties that will be a big help when I file my taxes!!

Pros

Easy to set up and includes most of what I need. I can use on my computer or my phone, so can enter data on the spot.

Cons

It’s not easy to figure out how to make it do what I want all the time. For instance if I enter some information then later figure out a better way to do it, I can’t find how to delete the first entry. I can’t figure out how to record payments made in advance, especially when they apply to a recurring obligation. Once the advance is in the system, how to apply that to a payment that comes up when due?

TenantCloud Review

It’s good. Does what it needs.

Pros

Ease of access, simplicity, bookkeeping, income views, fees, auto-invoicing

Cons

Notices. I wish notices were a bit more clear & customizable. Also, I have an issue when creating a charge for a single tenant in a roommate lease, where it charges all of the roommates even when I only select one. Otherwise it’s fine.

Tenant Cloud

Pros

Equipment list is handy and can be useful since it stores data about make / model/ when installed / warranty etc... but not easy to work - the list do not have enough identifier data to let you know which equipment is what. You had to open each one to find out what it is . Maintenance Requests are great - to store repairs/installations/maintenance data - information that are critical in making property management decision every day.

Cons

Support may not be great in the sense that TC works at its own pace. Improvements that make users life easier are not implemented on a timely manner. Not much of an accounting system. Had to enter all data manually.

8 from 10, I'm happy with it overall

Pros

After 3 years in property management with several previous software vendors I have found Tenantcloud and I could not be happier. It handles everything I need, that’s what I call end to end solution. They have recently released the design and I love it. When I signed up I was a bit confused with their pricing model ( they claimed to be free for 75 rental units) but it is actually free for 75 units with unlimited tenants and personal listing website. Can’t say this is the best solution on the market since I haven’t tried all of them, however, it is just perfect for diy landlords like me.

Cons

Some features are currently under construction but the support team promises to launch them soon.

Beginning Tenantcloud User

I love the customer help. They respond to my emails within 24 hours. I feel confident using Tenantcloud as a Property owner.

Pros

I love the price of the software and the ease of linking my listing to multiple websites. I like the maintenance request page!

Cons

I have a hard time finding things on the website. For example, I find it difficult to find a way to contact Tenant Leads sent my way. I end up emailing them through my personal email. It would be nice if there was a function to do this through the site. I believe one may be coming. I also have a hard time finding my accounting page.

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We hope that our latest feature "search bar" will help in finding things faster. We appreciate your positive comment.

Lacks major features, very new product, but quickly developing

This is truly raw product and, in my opinion, not ready for prime time. I discover more and more features I miss which normal user would expect to be there, such as inability to delete user after he added or inability to add another tenant to the lease once you moved person in, inability to mark payments as received if you add tenant in the middle of the lease. And so on and so on. The customer support...

Cons

Shimon, thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking time to review TenantCloud. Actually, we¿re currently working on a bunch of new features including those you named, and some of them are available now, like the ability to add another tenant to the lease. We¿re also working on how-to videos, so it¿ll be much easier for our users to discover how the system works. All these updates are coming very soon, so hope you¿ll find them helpful and will truly enjoy using TenantCloud. Sincerely, The TenantCloud Team

Great app and trustworthy

Will be great to connect management in different locations in the US and allow Contractor Service as referral to other Tenant cloud users

Pros

Easy to use, no problems so far. Been using it to manage 3 properties I would recommend it to others

Cons

Money transfer can be faster with use of Zelle type payments. Can list Contractors to other tenant users. Offer more services and discounts.

Helpful and Easy to Use

Overall I’ve had a positive experience using the program. I have recommended it to a friend as well.

Pros

I really like how easy the software is to use. I set up my properties and picked up how to navigate around quickly. It’s nice to see everything as a snapshot on the home page and then drill down and be able to filter on almost any aspect

Cons

I don’t like how I am not able to set up a reminder for myself to be emailed to me. I can set up the reminder but it just notifies me on the website and not through an email when that task or reminder is due. I also wish there was an easy way to record money as paid without having to click into it, enter the amount and click record.

Amazing for its price

I use this software for the 3 units I own. It’s perfect for my small portfolio! A great way to limit my costs but still have everything documented and recorded for my records. Couldn’t be happier with my experience.

Pros

Cheap Does all the basics you need Perfect for a landlord of a small portfolio! Easy to use Beautiful user interface Great app! Record management Reports Online pay

Cons

Not as powerful or have automated capabilities as other PM software, but totally okay because it’s free or nearly free.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.