TenantCloud Reviews - Page 4

ED

Eric D.

Real Estate, self-employed

One of the best property management apps I've used

Has been a great experience

Pros

Property management accounting, Rent reporting, Maintenance requests, Online payments

Cons

Online payments was converted to new system and there was some hiccups. These have been straightened out.

TK

Tim K.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Best bang for the buck property management software.

Overall a great platform for the money.

Pros

Low cost, ease of use. Great for online payments, lease tracking, and maintenance requests.

Cons

Accounting is not robust enough. A few glitches that seem like they could be fixed to eliminate some clicks

RJ

Rachel J.

Executive Office, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great system for property managers!

The overall experience with TenantCloud has been great. I have not found the need to look for a "better" company to provide services.

Pros

The feature that is most impactful to a small property manager, is the feature that allows your listing to populate on popular rental websites. Additionally, the whole listing process is most important, as it features a background check option and it's all in one system, TenantCloud. Beyond that, the "one-stop-shop" that TenantCloud offers with automation to the property manager/tenant relationship is imparable.

Cons

A feature that could be improved through the TenantCloud system is ease of use or knowing where to find the feature. For instance, for the small property manager who doesn't work in the system full time, it's difficult to find what you're looking for. However, the help team via chat is wonderful and quickly answers questions and provides help. Additionally, there are tutorials that I would recommend someone new to the product review.

HT

Huy T.

Great choice for DYI Landlords

Pros

Easy to use and gets the job done! I recommend for those that want to upgrade from excel

Cons

Would like to see more visuals like graphs, for homeowners I’d like to see stats and financials for properties, option for late fees to begin at 12AM instead of 5pm

JL

Jason L.

Unhappy/need help

I have had it a little more than a month and I have not been able to maximize its potential because I keep running into issues that I cannot find assistance with addressing.

Pros

I mostly like its potential of the software being able to help an owner with everything from screening tenants to moving them into the available unit.

Cons

There is no human on boarding. They have a chat which seems like a bot that hasn't been awfully helpful. I have had many issues trying to sign up for a free demo because the software will not accept my phone number to register. The youtube stuff is OK but there is nothing like a human to answer questions. So, my biggest con is customer service and the on boarding process.

Jason, thank you for sharing your experience with TenantCloud. We are sad to read this, but we would like to assure you that our Support Team is helping our users through the phone support that is available Monday through Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM CST via 1-888-364-7408. We also support our users via emails at support@tenantcloud.com and via our support ticket system. Our team will be happy to assist if you reach out.

DH

David H.

Real Estate, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Clunky software with unhelpful support

I've used this platform for 2.5 years, but would not recommend it for others. The platform is clunky and not very intuitive. Tracking expenses and crediting tenants is difficult and changes with each update. Whenever you contact support they don't answer your question but just link you to an article on the general topic. Additionally I attempted to cancel my premium account prior to the beginning...

Pros

Automated bank draft support combined with auto property listing on all the major real estate sites.

Cons

The software is not intuitive and very clunky. Simple task such as crediting tenants is difficult and changes with each update. Also customer support is horrific.

David, we are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We appreciate that you have been our customer and we are sad that you are leaving. Still, we want to say thank you that you have found time to leave a feedback and we are really hoping you will find a system that works best for you. Sincerely, TenantCloud Team

CP

Crystal P.

Great Property Manager Software

We are collecting late fees. We are notified of expiring leases. Maintenance requests come through easily. Every time I have contacted Customer Service, my issue has been easily resolved.

Pros

I love the ease of the collecting the online payments. Once the tenant verifies their accounting information, it is smooth sailing. Late fees are automatically added. We can also add any additional invoices for utilites or anything else.

Cons

At this time, I can not think of anything I do not like.

LB

Leslie B.

It has it all

Overall I am very happy to have it.

Pros

That everything I need is right in one spot, from listing a vacancy to electronically signing leases to collecting rents.

Cons

Not always intuitive. Some features can take some figuring out.

BH

Blake H.

Great Entry-level Property Management Software

Pros

Nice layout and design with easy. I really like layout of contact and leasing info.

Cons

Tenants have said app is glitchy, hitting back button in Accounting resets all the filters so can't stay focused on one property or transaction type, and it doesn't have any type of reconciliation to double check the books. It's not entirely intuitive with how some property expenses end up as Property Manger's income. Like a Pet Fee I believe, would be landlord's income but shows up as Property Manager's income.

CL

Chokri L.

Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

Critical to our operations

Very easy

Pros

The ease of deployment and managing leases. Sending reminders and collecting rent

Cons

Adding new tenants. We are having a hard time adding new tenant to same apartment. It always gives conflicting information

DW

David W.

Tenant Cloud Review

Overall, a great product

Pros

All in one system to manage rentals. It helps connect tenants and services pros

Cons

Updates are made without notification. There are also some missing features compared to other softwares

JD

Jeremy D.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Comprehensive for our needs

It’s my first and only property management tool. I was sold on the price and features. It meets all of my needs. My tenants also seem to have no issues with it. That’s good enough for me!

Pros

I do systems training, and TenantCloud is a pretty intuitive and well built property management dashboard. For the price point, it’s very affordable and will continue to use it for all of my property management needs. I currently live about 2,500 miles from my property, and this makes it much easier.

Cons

There are just a few features that a difficult to use. Some of the features that we can access from settings are a bit different from the main dashboard navigation. I’d say it could be a bit more intuitive by putting the same links in settings in the main dashboard area.

SV

Sharina V.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Our overall experience so far

Minus the customer service issues, OVERALL I am pleased with the software. I think there are things that can improve to make it more user friendly but once you figure out how it works it is great. For what we need at this time, I think Tenant Cloud is a great system for Property Management.

Pros

The ease of accounting once you learn how to use it. I am able to deduct expenses from the owner distributions which makes things much easier. The ease of communicating with the tenants and owner through the portals is great. I like that TC emails me each time I have a communication I havent checked, whether a note from a tenant/owner or a new maintenance request.

Cons

YOU HAVE TO watch videos to learn this system. There is a BIG learning curve. Things are not as user friendly as they appear. The Customer Service has not been great, especially on the phone. People are abrupt and send what appears to be a lot of canned responses to issues. There is also usually a few hour delay for responses to issues and there is NO help on weekends.

DB

David B.

Game Changer

Overall TenantCloud has been a Game Changer for us. We don't miss things like we did in the past managing different housing leases. I highly recommend to anyone to give it a try!

Pros

Tenant cloud gives an extremely affordable option to purchase exactly what you need for your size of real estate business. We like the functionality of Tenant cloud with it accounting options, lease management, and end of year reporting to provide us what we need for our end of year tax reporting.

Cons

I would like to see Tenant Cloud not be as redundant in many of its drop downs. It can over complicate some of the costing and maintenance items by having many of the drop downs sound to be the exact same thing. I would also like an option for smaller businesses to be able to use the free portion and maybe just pay for some of the tax reports at the end of the year instead of carrying a higher software subscription.

MG

Max G.

Real Estate, self-employed

My experience with this company was just said

My experience was very negative. I signed up on Friday and set everything - property, units etc. Then I found out that I need to get verified. Ok no problem but verification process is totally absurd, like they are sending you to Mars. 1) A picture of you holding your drivers license (wtf) 2) cell phone sms verification 3) social networks verification 4) bill verification 5) credit card verification with a $2 non-refundable charge (are you kidding me? So long story short - they don't support Google Fi and I can't get verified. 3 days later support replies to online ticket: Sorry can't help you. That's it (btw no phone support, no live chat support) Stay away from this company. They are not in the business to do business.

Pros

The promise to offer pretty much everything to manage landlord / tenant relationships

Cons

Absolutely ignorant customer support, clunky confusing interface, not flexible verification process

Sorry to hear about your experience with TenantCloud. The security is a major priority to us and we constantly keep the system up to date with the latest technologies. We take all reasonable precautions to keep your information safe and secure. That is why we require additional steps to be taken in order to keep TenantCloud a secure place for our users. We do rely on your understanding.

JM

Jeffery M.

SC Residential Property Manager

Price for what you get is exceptional. Much of the same functionality that the big software services offer but for less $. I am happy I switched.

Pros

Software is easy to use and easy to onboard. Mostly intuitive and the price cannot be beat!

Cons

Some of the navigation within the site can be a little tricky and getting the tenants setup with online pay takes some hand holding but not much.

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy you have switched to TenantCloud.

DR

Damien R.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Check our TenantCloud for sure!

I have been extremely satisfied with my transition from another Property Management software to TenantCloud, I would and do highly recommend them.

Pros

It is a very nice user interface, quite easy to navigate. The pricing is very reasonable to start up. I have had online chats already and the assistance I received was excellent.

Cons

None, it has been great thus far. The learning curve has been fairly easy

SP

Samantha P.

Lifesaving Software

Great!

Pros

Tracking rent, tracking expenditures, maintenance request tracking

Cons

Some minor accounting features like the ability to adjust recurring expenses

KM

Keith M.

Commercial Real Estate, self-employed

TenantCloud has great functionality and just keeps getting better

My experience has been seamless and very pleasurable. I've been able to effectively run a large multi-family property with very little learning curve and was able to get fully up to speed within a week or two

Pros

My favorite thing about the software is how simple it is to use and how well the modules flow into each other

Cons

The only thing I think could be improved is if the system didn't reset you all the way back to the main screen after you completed a transaction

We appreciate your great feedback very much. Thank you for sharing it with us.

ST

Suresh T.

Higher Education, 1-10 employees

TC Review

Pros

Ability to send/pay invoices to property manager and other entities is good. Tenants can raise SRs easily and can be linked to contractors

Cons

Currently TC does not have ability to generate report all service requests as downloadable spread sheet. Have to go one by one

ET

Edward T.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Tenantcloud has gone from average to bad

I would highly recommend you do your research before signing on to TC

Pros

It was reasonably priced and has basic features. Now they've started removing all the basic features and forcing you to pay for everything.

Cons

This is a bait and switch company that you should avoid at all cost.

KP

Kim P.

Great experience

Pros

The ease of Managment and user friendly

Cons

Invocieing a tenant is a little complicated for providing credits etc.

RA

Robert A.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great platform for property management

My overall experience with tenantcloud has been great. The platform is rich with all the critical features I need to manage my property. It's easy to use, and performant.

Pros

I really like the online application process and integrated tenant screening. This makes it easy to find tenants and keep units rented.

Cons

Sometimes tenantcloud support tells me why something isn't working as expected, dismissing the issue rather than acknowledging it's a problem or taking the opportunity to make it better.

SF

Shane F.

Excellent for small operations

I am happy with this purchase, I moved to TenantCloud after passing 10+ units under management and I'm confident this will support the growth of our PM company. The "Connection Invite" issue needs to be addressed as well as more customization (like being able to disable the CC option for tenant payments before they accept connection; instead of waiting to manually do this after each accepts the connection)Overall a great product

Pros

I like the dashboards, owner portal specifically, and how quickly the payments are processed. Being able to handle all rent/owner distributions in one location is great.

Cons

Seen in my review, someone cannot "accept my connection" unless they use a unique link via email. If they sign up outside of this link they have to completely wipe their account before I can resend the invite. This needs to be changed!

EM

Eli M.

Solid Platform, Solid Price

Pros

Easy to connect tenants and collect rent once onboarded, record service pros and expenses. Maintenance request and communication system is very smooth and makes our lives easier

Cons

UI Navigation is clunky and disjointed, oftentimes can be glitchy