All categories
GloFox

Best Boutique Gym & Fitness Studio Management Software

visit website

GloFox Reviews

Pros

The support team are extremely friendly, understanding & always eager to find a solution. We are now 2 months into business & we are delighted with our decision to invest in the app.

Niamh M.

Your customer care has improved significantly. It's made a marked difference to my experience with glofox and my ability.

Anthea S.

Was easy to setup, and is easy for our members to use. I like that memberships can be adjusted and like the reporting feature.

bryan m.

Andy K.

Explaining how it works to members is very confusing. This feature has only come into being in our studio.

Katie J.

Customer Support is either terribly slow or sometimes non-existent.

Glenn A.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

First steps into new business made easier with GloFox

Sales, leads, marketing, basically everything I need to operate a boutique studio. I like the waiting list feature and how easy it looks to make it both branded to my company and tailored to exactly what me and my clients need. I’m looking forward to starting the build process to see how it goes. The experience so far has been all good Fromm y perspective.

Pros

Ease of Communication, with regular follow ups from sales team. Very friendly and helpful, giving lots of experienced based tips to help me get started. Seems to be simple system to operate, which is important for me as I’m not very technical with IT. I liked that we could discuss everything about the product and there wasn’t any pressure to go with GloFox. It just simply was the best value product for what I need. The app looks great, and I think going for the Gold option from the outset was the best idea, as it means my clients can be used to using the app right from the start, rather than just using web services initially and then having to change.

Cons

Nothing really, only thing I have noted is no compatibility with Spivi - which won’t be an issue but just something I’ll need to sort separately. I can’t see too many downsides at the moment, everything so far from first contact to agreeing to partner has been flawless.

Hi Natalie, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We really appreciate it. Glad to hear you're having a good experience. - The Glofox Team

• Likelihood to recommend2.00/10

Not getting any better

Pros

It's easy to use for the customer, but so are most other booking apps

Cons

Being ignored by customer support. System is very slow. Lots of glitches, although less in the last year to be fair. I cannot recommend Glofox. I've been a customer for 3 years and I've tried to stick with then through all their setup problems (of which there were many), but lately their customer service has gotten worse and worse. Now a major issue has come to light on the accuracy of their reporting,...

Hey Andy, first off let us start by saying we're sorry to hear you had so many issues with us. We strive to bring our customers exceptional products and service. I hope since leaving this review we've found a resolution for you. If you have any questions or concerns please drop us a mail at support@glofox.com and we'll make sure to review them for you. Thank you - The Glofox Team

• Likelihood to recommend5.00/10

Constant New Features While Core Tools Are Broken

New features are constantly added while existing features are broken. There’s no way include or track sales tax in the store, but instead they’re planning to add payroll processing. If it can’t handle USA sales tax, would I trust that my state payroll taxes have been properly filed? Features seem half finished while others outside the core business are instead being focused on. The new product announcements...

Pros

The graphics of the software are minimal and well designed. It processes monthly and pro-rated memberships very well. I mostly teach multi-week courses, which competitor softwares couldn’t handle. It saves credit cards on file and allows custom charges (which I use in lieu of the nonfunctional merchandise store.)

Cons

I loved the software during my demo, but have been constantly disappointed since then. They began charging me before the platform was set up for my studio, which took two weeks and missed my grand opening date. In my demo I was shown how easily the bookings integrate into Squarespace, but later learned that’s true only if you upgrade to Squarespace Premium. I loved the ‘Book a Buddy’ feature, but...

Hi Ashley, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. Thank you for the feedback on the product also, and for highlighting the areas in which you would like to see further development. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Great for my Gyms

We use it to manage the membership billing and session scheduling for our 2 gyms. It's been great and keeps getting better.

Pros

Easy to use and edit. The members app looks great and works well, the members love it. It's cost effective compared to the alternatives. It's continually being updated and new features are being added.

Cons

Nothing really, any tech issues that might crop up are typically dealt with quickly by the support team.

Hi Russell. Thanks for leaving a review, it's very much appreciated. We're happy to hear you're enjoying Glofox. - The Glofox Team

Glofox Review

The team at Glofox has been very good. They answer questions and take time to help you understand what to do. There is also constant new development happening within the program which makes it better each month.

Pros

The program is easy to use. Navigation and setup works well and simplifies my daily routine for running the business. The App is by far the best feature with this programming. It is easy to use and gives clients very direct access to classes and events that are happening within the facility.

Cons

The least liked feature is not being able to print contracts and having to sign up parents for accounts so there children can have their accounts active. This is also not a martial arts based software system, however it works well for my studio which also has fitness classes.

Hey James, thanks so much for leaving a review and we appreciate the feedback. We'll make sure to pass on your suggestions to the relevant teams. Thanks again. - The Glofox Team

• Likelihood to recommend0.00/10

Avoid!

Absolutely god awful.

Pros

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Cons

I have avoided leaving this type of review for 3 months because I wanted to see out the transition from my old system and allow for expected teething issues. However, I’ve waited 3 months from a solution to a huge problem I am facing, in reality this system is awful. The bugs, the lack of customer support, the lack of clarity on the system itself, the difficulties migrating customers and payments....

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Very easy to use software that has helped me bill recurring payments and organize my scheduling.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I could benefit from a messaging forum type feature. Maybe this is available with the custom app but not sure. The current messaging abilities work just fine though.

Hi Decker! Thank you so much for leaving a review, and welcome to Glofox. We're glad you find our software easy to use and visually appealing. We pride ourselves on delivering an exceptional user experience. Thank you also for your suggestions surrounding messaging. We do have a community section within our member app that works in a similar way to a news feed and we also offer the ability to send push notifications, SMS, and emails. If you would like to know more about any of the above, you can reach out to us at customersuccess@glofox.com. I will also pass your suggestions onto the relevant teams. Thanks again, -The Glofox Team

Great team

The team have been extremely helpful, from picking the correct package to setting up my Glofox account/ the integration with my site. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has gone above and beyond and I'm so thankful to him and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Setting up the membership, I wanted t to have clients training 3 sessions a week but paying monthly but unfortunately the system wouldn't allow this but the team helped me work around the problem

Pros

The software is easy to use and self explanatory

Cons

Trying to set up the membership how I wanted was a bit tricky and I needed help from the Glofox team

Hi Temitope, we're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with us so far. We hope you're enjoying our products. Thank you - The Glofox Team

New signup

Happy to date

Pros

Ease of use and the clean dashboard.moving from mindbody from countless issues so we are looking forward to using glofox

Cons

Haven’t come across any as of yet, maybe just the renaming of the classes section on the app but you can do it on platinum

Hi Philip, thanks for the review! We'll make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant teams. Thanks again. - The Glofox Team

Chapter Unwritten

I am so impressed with the customer service. So quick and efficient, always available to answer questions

Pros

I love the information and data you can collect. This is such a useful tool when trying to grow your business

Cons

There is nothing I haven’t liked as of yet.

Hey Domino, thanks for the review. Happy to hear you're enjoying our products. Thank you -The Glofox Team

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Great product and new improvements however some very frustrating features

I have definitely seen improvements with communication over the past 4 -6 months. Their customer service has improved greatly. Overall the staff are very supportive and friendly to work with. We have been really well supported during the COVID-19 challenges and very much appreciated Glofox seeing what customers needed and added some great features during this time. The one downfall is communication...

Pros

Easy to schedule classes, dashboard is well designed and easy to navigate, great user app, new features that were added during COVID-19 - zoom integration to live classes, on demand feature for members.

Cons

The current set up to memberships allowing subscription members to only book ahead into their next booking period. This does not provide flexibility for our business and creates a lot of confusion for our members. I can understand how monthly billed memberships can work on this system however ours are weekly (see below). So members can only book a max of 2 weeks/min of 1 week in advance. It then creates...

Hi Katie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the product also, and for highlighting the areas which you would like to see further development. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Amazing!

Love it!!!! :)

Pros

A perfect solution for my business. I was a MBO user for several years, but unfortunately the branded mobile app was dated and had limited functionality, it was also super expensive and costs increasing year on year was just not affordable for my business. I started off on the standard plan, but as I like things branded to me and my business I had to upgrade, and this just ended up costing the business...

Cons

A few scheduling problems on the app - being looked at now, and reporting features, however new reports are being added.

Hi Vincent, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Managing Studios Made Easy

About 80% of our payments are now through recurring subscriptions. This has helped us increase our retention rate. Another big plus has been the ability to measure our marking efforts through the Facebook Pixel. In a nutshell it has been easy to use, our customers are happy and the software has given us information on how to grow more consistently. When ever I have trouble it is really easy to contact the support team which has been very helpfull.

Pros

Their Facebook Pixel has allowed us to measure our acquisition cost and take better decisions on our digital marketing efforts. I love that it is easy to schedule classes, set up membership plans and visualize basic revenue data. This leaves me time study the numbers and work on improving my KPIs. As an extra point our customers love the our Glofox personalized App and it has been really easy to integrate the system into our webpage.

Cons

Although I get basic information, I could use more detailed reports. They still have a way to go in allowing customers to book a specific spot in a class and other minor plug ins... but I don’t have any mayor complaints.

Hi Eduardo, Thanks for sharing your positive experience with Glofox. We are delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with us. We are always updating our software with solutions for your business so we will keep note of your feedback on Reports. Looking forward to seeing your business grow and succeed with Glofox! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Happy i made the switch to Glofox!

Pros

I like the visual appeal and layout of the software and how easy it makes it for people to book in online but also how easy it makes it for me to be able to allow clients to buy online courses and workshops as well as classes. (Senior account executive) contacted me initially when i was setting up in business but at that stage i had signed up with MBO and I wasn't going to change but fast forward a...

Cons

The cons that i have experienced are simple, sometimes the software suffers from bugs but i know that Glofox work hard to eradicate this and in my experience the customer support team always have a solution to help you navigate around this until they find the problem so for me it's something i can live with as the updates and new additions to the software plus the fact that i can see through their reports, exactly where my business is growing.

Hi Stephen! Great to hear that you're delighted with your decision to switch from Mindbody. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and there's nothing better than watching your business grow and succeed! Yours in wellness, The Glofox Team

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

GloFox has been such a better experience than other platforms!

My personal account helper, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been so incredibly helpful. She has gone above and beyond to help me be successful and to run my business more efficiently.

Pros

That if I have had problems arise while using glofox, the customer support I have received has been super helpful. They have spent as much time as is needed to help me make sure everything is set up and my questions are early answered.

Cons

There are a few tie ups that are inconvenient. Like, I cannot be listed as a trainer in classes since I am the administrator so I had to create a dummy account to get around that restriction. But the problems are minor and nothing to be super frustrated over.

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

I would like to mention the above and beyond service I have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], she is always there to help and answers in a very timely manner. I was about to change services and the overall dialogue with her was a very important part in staying with Glofox.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to understand and easy on the eyes. It offers exactly what we need for our daily business.

Cons

At the beginning I had a large amount of issues with customer service. Sometimes weeks without an answer, both e-mail and phone, being that the customer service reps are in Ireland I think. But this has been changed greatly in the past few months.

Hi Claudia, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on your experience with our support team also. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Content ahead of the curve

I have been using Glofox for quite some time now. I have seen the efforts to continue to improve the product as well as staying ahead of the curve with content to continue to educate the users on the updates and what is already in place.

Pros

1. Increased ease of use over the years 2. App usage 3. Helpful support

Cons

1. At times it can run slow 2. No option to have a client have funds in the account and use them for different sessions in a week (instead of creating custom packages)

Hi Karyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Watch out MindbodyOnline, there's a new kid on the block!

I was just about to sign up to Mindbody when a friend pointed Glofox out to me. After carrying out a demo of the software I was very happy with how easy it was to navigate and my decision was made instantly. Since joining our bookings are up 40%, we're saving heaps of time which was previously spent doing admin and our client base is growing at an incredible rate! If you're looking for a great alternative...

Cons

Hi Andrew, Thanks for writing a review. We appreciate the kind words! It's been an absolute pleasure to work with you and the team at Personal Health. Also, very exciting to see the results you've achieved in such a short space of time! Yours in fitness, Timmy | Glofox Head of Support

Outstanding Product, Excellent Customer Service

I could not be happier. I have set up software for Fitness studios and gyms I have worked at and have used in my own studio when I setup, so I have experience with a lot of software in the fitness market. But Glofox has it all, and the customer service is brilliant. They offer apps for your clients to check-in and update their info, they offer engagement tools and detailed reports for me to run my business. It has everything we could ever want. The best part of the software is the regular and constant updates they are putting into it. They are ahead of the curve with what is needed to help grow my business and give me the tools I need to do that. Big thumbs up, great job team Glofox

Pros

I like pretty much everything. My members get a really modern app with a ton of features that allow them to manage their own schedule and not have to constantly contact me for bookings or payments. I get a lot of easy to use features that automate a lot of the repetitive tasks I have been doing, plus its really easy to see how your business is doing with the reporting tool. It also auto charges clients on a monthly basis so I don't have to chase payments. And their support team basically did all the setup for me walking me through everything. they are super helpful!

Cons

I like everything about it. I can't think of how they could improve it.

Hi Mark, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Delighted to hear that Glofox is all round the perfect solution for your business! It's been a pleasure working with you and the team. Yours in fitness, Timmy | Glofox Head of Support

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Very happy with our experience and decision to utilize Glofox as our fitness studio software.

Saved time, effort,man-hours on administrative task.

Pros

From the very start the experience has been better than expected. The sales department immediately returned our call when initially inquiring about the software. They provided the answers to all our questions and scheduled a demo as soon as possible since we were on an aggressive timeline of trying to open our studio within 6 weeks of contacting Glofox. From onboarding, to setting things up, to getting...

Cons

There should be a way of modifying or even copying and pasting certain things within the dashboard like memberships, classes, etc...

Hi Carlos, Thanks for taking the time to write a fantastic review of Glofox! Your feedback is really important to us, so thanks for sharing. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Terrific service and support. Overall, extremely worth the investment!

Having come from no previous management system, Glofox was a God send for us! To begin with, the sales rep I spoke with was very helpful, he asked me what my problems were, what I wanted to achieve and worked with me on figuring out the best way to accomplish them as opposed to pushing a software in my face. Once we jumped into the demo, ease of use was the key reason I went with Glofox. I demoed quite a few softwares before finding Glofox and I couldn't believe how difficult they seemed to grasp. I needed to get rid of the headache of managing bookings and it just seemed like these other softwares were going to add to that headache.

Pros

Glofox won me over and from here on out, the support has been terrific - so accommodating to the needs of my business and eager to answer questions and solve problems. I've managed to cut out a lot of tedious tasks that were eating up my time like membership management and keeping track of bookings etc. It's great to finally have these automations in place that keep my business running smoothly each day and be able to track the growth we're making. Not to mention, my members are delighted to have the option to book into a class through the app. Such a simple change that makes everyone's life easier.

Cons

Not really a con, but for any business owners questioning if Glofox is worth the cost, the answer is yes. It's worth it. The Glofox team will care for your business on your journey to success and won't toss you aside once the sale is over. The quality of their software, their continued support and the simplicity of their service for me and my members is more than I could have asked for.

Hi Jarrah, Thanks for taking the time to right a review! We're glad that you found the demo really helpful and It's great to hear that you're finding the software really simple to use - we consider 'ease of use' as one of our greatest strengths against alternatives in the market, so it's great to hear you reinforce it! Yours in fitness, Timmy | Glofox Head of Support

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Happy we made the switch!

We spent a long time researching different studio software options and Glofox has definitely helped us make big technological strides forward from the app to check in kiosk capabilities. Though the retail aspects are second tier, these aren't our top priorities either at the moment. Would definitely recommend trying the demo and exploring Glofox to other yoga studios.

Pros

The interface for both our staff and students has been far more intuitive and easy to use than our last program. The reporting is clear and the app has inspired more online bookings for classes. Check in is starting to run more smoothly giving our teachers more time to focus on class and less time dealing with frustrations with a clunky system at the desk. The way the system is set up also allows individuals...

Cons

The only cons so far are minor tech capabilities we're hoping to see evolve soon. You can only sell one retail item at a time, though there are some work arounds. We would also like to be able to check our teachers and staff into class and sell them retail items without creating separate student profiles. In the grand scheme of operations these are small details that haven't derailed us and we look forward to seeing upcoming changes with the program.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Glofox for the Win! The perfect solution for our fitness studio.

Glofox makes it really easy for me to manage my business day in, day out! The dashboard is straightforward and simple to use, yet powerful enough to do everything I need it to. A great service and a great team of people behind it too!

Pros

-The dashboard is a life saver when it comes to managing my business. I don't have to spend countless hours on admin! I couldn't even imagine going back to tracking bookings, attendances and payments manually. -Glofox designed an app completely tailored to my brand - so professional looking. A great way to make our studio stand out from the crowd. -They also designed a booking and payment portal...

Cons

Nothing!

Hi Nancy, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Glofox! We really appreciate it. It's great to hear such fantastic feedback. Be sure to get in touch if you have any questions whatsoever :) All the best, Glofox Support

Great Product! Can add a few features

Rocky in the beginning on boarding but have been great since.

Pros

Syncing payments with bookings has helped us out tremendously

Cons

Some functionality needs to improve. Access to our stripe account. Holiday blocking features. Editing our custom app

Hi Tyler, Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that Glofox has been helping you to grow your business. We take customer feedback very seriously and will be sure to pass it on to our product team. The Glofox Team

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Committed to helping your business succeed. 10/10 Glofox!

My experience with Glofox has been fantastic. The training was very easy to follow and their support team made sure I had everything I needed to get up and running - very understanding and always happy to help out with any queries.

Pros

The admin dashboard makes it really easy to keep track of my class schedule, memberships, payments and overall member activity. If you want to spend more time than ever before with your clients helping them achieve their goals, you need a system like this! The reporting section of the dashboard makes it effortless to monitor our performance: sales (by class, membership, course or even trainer), first...

Cons

It would have been great if we found Glofox sooner!