Glofox Reviews

Glofox

Best Boutique Gym & Fitness Studio Management Software

Glofox

Review Summary

Pros

Happy with the new features that have been released over last few months. The support team have improved on quality of feedback and time it takes to resolve issues.

Nathan G.

The staff are excellent and extremely helpful and friendly. With my business recently expanding, I have been been offered very good clear guidance by my Account Manager.

Melissa S.

My personal account helper, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been so incredibly helpful. She has gone above and beyond to help me be successful and to run my business more efficiently.

Stephanie G.

Christopher M.

All the reports are completely wrong. From revenue generation, to members, to leads, to no shows, literally nothing works.

Peter S.

And option to have this on tablet for members to check themselves into class, as a lot of time is wasted on this manually.

Karen F.

I'm delighted I chose Glofox... For lots of reasons

Pros

No Data

Cons

No Data

Great product and new improvements however some very frustrating features

I have definitely seen improvements with communication over the past 4 -6 months. Their customer service has improved greatly. Overall the staff are very supportive and friendly to work with. We have been really well supported during the COVID-19 challenges and very much appreciated Glofox seeing what customers needed and added some great features during this time. The one downfall is communication...

Pros

Easy to schedule classes, dashboard is well designed and easy to navigate, great user app, new features that were added during COVID-19 - zoom integration to live classes, on demand feature for members.

Cons

The current set up to memberships allowing subscription members to only book ahead into their next booking period. This does not provide flexibility for our business and creates a lot of confusion for our members. I can understand how monthly billed memberships can work on this system however ours are weekly (see below). So members can only book a max of 2 weeks/min of 1 week in advance. It then creates...

Hi Katie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the product also, and for highlighting the areas which you would like to see further development. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Constant New Features While Core Tools Are Broken

New features are constantly added while existing features are broken. There’s no way include or track sales tax in the store, but instead they’re planning to add payroll processing. If it can’t handle USA sales tax, would I trust that my state payroll taxes have been properly filed? Features seem half finished while others outside the core business are instead being focused on. The new product announcements...

Pros

The graphics of the software are minimal and well designed. It processes monthly and pro-rated memberships very well. I mostly teach multi-week courses, which competitor softwares couldn’t handle. It saves credit cards on file and allows custom charges (which I use in lieu of the nonfunctional merchandise store.)

Cons

I loved the software during my demo, but have been constantly disappointed since then. They began charging me before the platform was set up for my studio, which took two weeks and missed my grand opening date. In my demo I was shown how easily the bookings integrate into Squarespace, but later learned that’s true only if you upgrade to Squarespace Premium. I loved the ‘Book a Buddy’ feature, but...

Amazing!

Love it!!!! :)

Pros

A perfect solution for my business. I was a MBO user for several years, but unfortunately the branded mobile app was dated and had limited functionality, it was also super expensive and costs increasing year on year was just not affordable for my business. I started off on the standard plan, but as I like things branded to me and my business I had to upgrade, and this just ended up costing the business...

Cons

A few scheduling problems on the app - being looked at now, and reporting features, however new reports are being added.

Hi Vincent, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

GloFox has been such a better experience than other platforms!

Pros

That if I have had problems arise while using glofox, the customer support I have received has been super helpful. They have spent as much time as is needed to help me make sure everything is set up and my questions are early answered.

Cons

There are a few tie ups that are inconvenient. Like, I cannot be listed as a trainer in classes since I am the administrator so I had to create a dummy account to get around that restriction. But the problems are minor and nothing to be super frustrated over.

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

I would like to mention the above and beyond service I have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], she is always there to help and answers in a very timely manner. I was about to change services and the overall dialogue with her was a very important part in staying with Glofox.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, easy to understand and easy on the eyes. It offers exactly what we need for our daily business.

Cons

At the beginning I had a large amount of issues with customer service. Sometimes weeks without an answer, both e-mail and phone, being that the customer service reps are in Ireland I think. But this has been changed greatly in the past few months.

Hi Claudia, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on your experience with our support team also. We are always striving to improve our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Content ahead of the curve

I have been using Glofox for quite some time now. I have seen the efforts to continue to improve the product as well as staying ahead of the curve with content to continue to educate the users on the updates and what is already in place.

Pros

1. Increased ease of use over the years 2. App usage 3. Helpful support

Cons

1. At times it can run slow 2. No option to have a client have funds in the account and use them for different sessions in a week (instead of creating custom packages)

Hi Karyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying using Glofox. Thank you for the feedback on the platform also. Our product team is constantly updating and improving our offering so we will be sure to pass this comment on to the team. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Minimzing the admin

Glofox has certainly made many processes simpler and be able to spend more time in the studio itself

Pros

It allowed me to work on other elements of my business by managing a lot of the admin work

Cons

Not being able to book clients in regularly/permanently over a longer term allowed for their accountability to drop off

Hi Mandy, Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that Glofox has simplified processes for your business. Customer feedback is really important to us and we will be sure to pass your comments on to our product team. The Glofox Team

Managing Studios Made Easy

About 80% of our payments are now through recurring subscriptions. This has helped us increase our retention rate. Another big plus has been the ability to measure our marking efforts through the Facebook Pixel. In a nutshell it has been easy to use, our customers are happy and the software has given us information on how to grow more consistently. When ever I have trouble it is really easy to contact the support team which has been very helpfull.

Pros

Their Facebook Pixel has allowed us to measure our acquisition cost and take better decisions on our digital marketing efforts. I love that it is easy to schedule classes, set up membership plans and visualize basic revenue data. This leaves me time study the numbers and work on improving my KPIs. As an extra point our customers love the our Glofox personalized App and it has been really easy to integrate the system into our webpage.

Cons

Although I get basic information, I could use more detailed reports. They still have a way to go in allowing customers to book a specific spot in a class and other minor plug ins... but I don’t have any mayor complaints.

Hi Eduardo, Thanks for sharing your positive experience with Glofox. We are delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience with us. We are always updating our software with solutions for your business so we will keep note of your feedback on Reports. Looking forward to seeing your business grow and succeed with Glofox! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Great app

Have halved my admin and accounting time

Pros

Ease of set up, additional features, flexibility

Cons

I have no issues with the app whatsoever

Hi Anna, Thanks for your feedback. We're delighted that you're enjoying using Glofox to grow your business. The Glofox Team

Happy i made the switch to Glofox!

Pros

I like the visual appeal and layout of the software and how easy it makes it for people to book in online but also how easy it makes it for me to be able to allow clients to buy online courses and workshops as well as classes. (Senior account executive) contacted me initially when i was setting up in business but at that stage i had signed up with MBO and I wasn't going to change but fast forward a...

Cons

The cons that i have experienced are simple, sometimes the software suffers from bugs but i know that Glofox work hard to eradicate this and in my experience the customer support team always have a solution to help you navigate around this until they find the problem so for me it's something i can live with as the updates and new additions to the software plus the fact that i can see through their reports, exactly where my business is growing.

Hi Stephen! Great to hear that you're delighted with your decision to switch from Mindbody. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and there's nothing better than watching your business grow and succeed! Yours in wellness, The Glofox Team

Watch out MindbodyOnline, there's a new kid on the block!

I was just about to sign up to Mindbody when a friend pointed Glofox out to me. After carrying out a demo of the software I was very happy with how easy it was to navigate and my decision was made instantly. Since joining our bookings are up 40%, we're saving heaps of time which was previously spent doing admin and our client base is growing at an incredible rate! If you're looking for a great alternative...

Pros

No Data

Cons

No Data

Hi Andrew, Thanks for writing a review. We appreciate the kind words! It's been an absolute pleasure to work with you and the team at Personal Health. Also, very exciting to see the results you've achieved in such a short space of time! Yours in fitness, Timmy | Glofox Head of Support

Outstanding Product, Excellent Customer Service

I could not be happier. I have set up software for Fitness studios and gyms I have worked at and have used in my own studio when I setup, so I have experience with a lot of software in the fitness market. But Glofox has it all, and the customer service is brilliant. They offer apps for your clients to check-in and update their info, they offer engagement tools and detailed reports for me to run my business. It has everything we could ever want. The best part of the software is the regular and constant updates they are putting into it. They are ahead of the curve with what is needed to help grow my business and give me the tools I need to do that. Big thumbs up, great job team Glofox

Pros

I like pretty much everything. My members get a really modern app with a ton of features that allow them to manage their own schedule and not have to constantly contact me for bookings or payments. I get a lot of easy to use features that automate a lot of the repetitive tasks I have been doing, plus its really easy to see how your business is doing with the reporting tool. It also auto charges clients on a monthly basis so I don't have to chase payments. And their support team basically did all the setup for me walking me through everything. they are super helpful!

Cons

I like everything about it. I can't think of how they could improve it.

Hi Mark, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Delighted to hear that Glofox is all round the perfect solution for your business! It's been a pleasure working with you and the team. Yours in fitness, Timmy | Glofox Head of Support

Very happy with our experience and decision to utilize Glofox as our fitness studio software.

Saved time, effort,man-hours on administrative task.

Pros

From the very start the experience has been better than expected. The sales department immediately returned our call when initially inquiring about the software. They provided the answers to all our questions and scheduled a demo as soon as possible since we were on an aggressive timeline of trying to open our studio within 6 weeks of contacting Glofox. From onboarding, to setting things up, to getting...

Cons

There should be a way of modifying or even copying and pasting certain things within the dashboard like memberships, classes, etc...

Hi Carlos, Thanks for taking the time to write a fantastic review of Glofox! Your feedback is really important to us, so thanks for sharing. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Terrific service and support. Overall, extremely worth the investment!

Having come from no previous management system, Glofox was a God send for us! To begin with, the sales rep I spoke with was very helpful, he asked me what my problems were, what I wanted to achieve and worked with me on figuring out the best way to accomplish them as opposed to pushing a software in my face. Once we jumped into the demo, ease of use was the key reason I went with Glofox. I demoed quite a few softwares before finding Glofox and I couldn't believe how difficult they seemed to grasp. I needed to get rid of the headache of managing bookings and it just seemed like these other softwares were going to add to that headache.

Pros

Glofox won me over and from here on out, the support has been terrific - so accommodating to the needs of my business and eager to answer questions and solve problems. I've managed to cut out a lot of tedious tasks that were eating up my time like membership management and keeping track of bookings etc. It's great to finally have these automations in place that keep my business running smoothly each day and be able to track the growth we're making. Not to mention, my members are delighted to have the option to book into a class through the app. Such a simple change that makes everyone's life easier.

Cons

Not really a con, but for any business owners questioning if Glofox is worth the cost, the answer is yes. It's worth it. The Glofox team will care for your business on your journey to success and won't toss you aside once the sale is over. The quality of their software, their continued support and the simplicity of their service for me and my members is more than I could have asked for.

Hi Jarrah, Thanks for taking the time to right a review! We're glad that you found the demo really helpful and It's great to hear that you're finding the software really simple to use - we consider 'ease of use' as one of our greatest strengths against alternatives in the market, so it's great to hear you reinforce it! Yours in fitness, Timmy | Glofox Head of Support

Happy we made the switch!

We spent a long time researching different studio software options and Glofox has definitely helped us make big technological strides forward from the app to check in kiosk capabilities. Though the retail aspects are second tier, these aren't our top priorities either at the moment. Would definitely recommend trying the demo and exploring Glofox to other yoga studios.

Pros

The interface for both our staff and students has been far more intuitive and easy to use than our last program. The reporting is clear and the app has inspired more online bookings for classes. Check in is starting to run more smoothly giving our teachers more time to focus on class and less time dealing with frustrations with a clunky system at the desk. The way the system is set up also allows individuals...

Cons

The only cons so far are minor tech capabilities we're hoping to see evolve soon. You can only sell one retail item at a time, though there are some work arounds. We would also like to be able to check our teachers and staff into class and sell them retail items without creating separate student profiles. In the grand scheme of operations these are small details that haven't derailed us and we look forward to seeing upcoming changes with the program.

Glofox for the Win! The perfect solution for our fitness studio.

Glofox makes it really easy for me to manage my business day in, day out! The dashboard is straightforward and simple to use, yet powerful enough to do everything I need it to. A great service and a great team of people behind it too!

Pros

-The dashboard is a life saver when it comes to managing my business. I don't have to spend countless hours on admin! I couldn't even imagine going back to tracking bookings, attendances and payments manually. -Glofox designed an app completely tailored to my brand - so professional looking. A great way to make our studio stand out from the crowd. -They also designed a booking and payment portal...

Cons

Nothing!

Hi Nancy, Thanks for taking the time to write a review of Glofox! We really appreciate it. It's great to hear such fantastic feedback. Be sure to get in touch if you have any questions whatsoever :) All the best, Glofox Support

Committed to helping your business succeed. 10/10 Glofox!

My experience with Glofox has been fantastic. The training was very easy to follow and their support team made sure I had everything I needed to get up and running - very understanding and always happy to help out with any queries.

Pros

The admin dashboard makes it really easy to keep track of my class schedule, memberships, payments and overall member activity. If you want to spend more time than ever before with your clients helping them achieve their goals, you need a system like this! The reporting section of the dashboard makes it effortless to monitor our performance: sales (by class, membership, course or even trainer), first...

Cons

It would have been great if we found Glofox sooner!

Great Product! Can add a few features

Rocky in the beginning on boarding but have been great since.

Pros

Syncing payments with bookings has helped us out tremendously

Cons

Some functionality needs to improve. Access to our stripe account. Holiday blocking features. Editing our custom app

Hi Tyler, Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that Glofox has been helping you to grow your business. We take customer feedback very seriously and will be sure to pass it on to our product team. The Glofox Team

Made sure my Business needs came first

Our review is a little different, as the Glofox software itself didn't end up meeting our business' needs based on our need for a dual membership system as we offer both fitness and nutrition coaching as separate products. Our review is more about the willingness of the Glofox team to work with us to try and find a solution...and continued to go out of their way to work with us on a transition to another software when we mutually agreed that it ended up not being the right fit. They didn't have to do that but stayed true to putting our business needs first which was great!

Pros

Layout was easy to navigate and looked very nice.

Cons

Functionality didn't end up meeting our needs. We need a dual membership system.

Hi Sam, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with Glofox. It is unfortunate that we weren't a match for your business but we're delighted to hear that you would recommend us to other businesses that might be a better match for what we offer! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Very happy with this product and service.

Apps are the way to go. Very professional and easy to use. Glofox provides detailed accounting reports which makes my job easier. As I am not the most technically inept I use the customer care team quite a bit and I have always found them very diligent and fast to act on my queries. It's great to have so many tools available via Glofox but also have that knowledge that there is a team behind the software to help when needed.

Pros

Very quick to help and and answer questions. Super easy to use. Customers loved having the app.

Cons

Nothing I was very happy with it's continuous development to improve and the team listened to any feedback I gave.

Hi Carolyn, Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are happy to hear that Glofox has helped you to grow and manage your business. Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Great!!! Friendly and unstressed. Gave me the confidence to follow my true path.

Less Stress really. You can focus on your strengths and on your clients. Do not have to worry about transactions or being at two places at once. You get more than what you pay for. It helps you to also grow your business and expand in various ways all while keeping stress levels low.

Pros

How easy it really is. Structured so well, that all you have to do is fill in the blanks. I was actually surprised on some of the features because I would have never thought I would need certain things. So it added to my business plan and gave me more knowledge. The customer service is really great! I believe that is why I went with Glofox. I understand (like everything) that products will evolve...

Cons

No Data

Hi Dan, Thanks for sharing your experience! We're delighted to hear that Glofox has helped you to follow your true path. Should you have any more feedback, feel free to send it to feedback@glofox.com. It has been a pleasure working with you! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Glofox is a critical part of our daily operations and we couldn't operate without it

Customer convenience is the biggest advantage. They can view, book and cancel without a messages or calls, back & forth ensuring our administration team don't end up spending their time with bookings and customer queries

Pros

It's extremely user friendly and has been simplified to ensure minimum amount of steps required in all customer aspects from booking classes to purchasing memberships. It allows customers to book in at any time of the day or night & allows us to have full transparency of who's attending each and every class.

Cons

Amendments to memberships are cumbersome and require alot of manual input. The new dashboard has excellent features however there were some nice parts of the old dashboard that have been lost which were very useful for our daily management information

Hi Glenn, Thanks for sharing your positive feedback! We're working hard to make your day to day run even smoother in the long run. We have a tonne of new features in the pipeline, and we're also working on improvements to some older features that you mentioned. We'll be sure to let you know as soon as they're available - we can't wait for you to test them out! Yours in fitness, The Glofox Team

Transformational

At the start of using Glofox I was a little apprehensive. There is a fair amount of effort to populate the data. The support I received at the start and ongoing has been exceptional. I feel fully supported by the Glofox team. In particular Stephen, who is absolutely amazing. The feedback we have been getting from our members has been amazing. Our members have completely embraced Glofox, it's...

Pros

The App

Cons

The web integration

Hi Julie, thanks for the amazing review! We¿re delighted to hear that you¿ve found our support team super helpful. It¿s also great to hear that your members have completely embraced Glofox - I¿m sure they¿re delighted to be able to book and pay straight from their smartphone! Keep up the good work and If you have any questions, we¿re here to help. All the best, Glofox Support.

Good product with set up help

Pros

I like how they offer you the support on set up for 1.5 hours.. It makes my job easier for my clients that I refer over to get their POS software. Easily get your store up and running with some awesome features USA hours and 24/7 customer service which I have not had to use yet..

Cons

Just my personal opinion I just hate to pay a monthly fee but for what you are getting in this package compared to others.. Must say the value is there

Hi Christopher! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. Great to hear that you're enjoying using our software and that you got such great support from the team. We're delighted that you feel you are getting value for money and we appreciate your point about the monthly fee however unfortunately that is how the plan currently stands! Looking forward to seeing your business grow with Glofox! Yours in wellness, The Glofox Team