All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

MassageBook Reviews

Pros

They've really nailed down Delivering Value, and I am a loyal customer because I know they're interaction with me as a customer helps me be a better massage therapist AND businessperson.

David O.

Read the full review
Scheduling, gift certificates, soap notes, etc. Clients are happy because the online booking is super user friendly.

Angela D.

Read the full review
It helps in creating and improving visibility online which helps in increasing business in the long term. Also the regular emails on how to use and increase visibility for our services.

Vijay A.

Read the full review

Cons

The functionality is the worst I’ve ever seen and I’ve used 5 different scheduling systems over the years. Not to mention the customer support is the worst of any company I’ve come in contact.

Lisa P.

Read the full review
I cant rave enough about Massagebook. I got sinked into a Mindbody trial after being with Massagebook for a year and it was absolutely horrible in that it was geared towards hairstylists.

Donna B.

Read the full review
The only problem I have had is the FaceBook connect feature. With being said, MassageBook is aware of the problem and is currently seeking to resolve the issue.

Dina M.

Read the full review

My clients love MassageBook! I Love MassageBook!

Just What I Need To Manage My Practice

I think that Massagebook really - and quite brilliantly - crosses the chasm that is often never, truly crossed by many companies out there: they connect the ever-ellusive Benefits of [a] Service with its Features. They are massage therapy practitioner-centric - we are their Clients (as well as their Customers) - delivering functional, beautiful, intuitive, and comprehensive services that are needed and desired most by massage therapy practitioners. I stay because I feel like they have and continue to develop the software Just For Me. I like that :D

Pros

Massagebook is a complete software solution for my sole-proprietorship - detailed reports and appropriate and sane-levels of engagement with my clients are both built into Massagebook, two very important aspects of running my business. Their mobile-accessibility - for both business-owner and its customers - is impeccable. The marketing and promotional components are integrated very well into the CMS...

Cons

As with most software subscriptions out there, there are features that I could use more of in my practice - but Massagebook is ALWAYS working to make the current ones Better and develop new ones for the benefit of the majority of its users. Over the 5 years I've been with Massagebook, they always seem to come through, albeit at the cost of time. I will always wish for a Perfect Product, and the Massagebook Team has and will always rise to the challenge by hearing my suggestions and requests and moving toward a more-efficient and easy software to use.

Excellent Platform

People are finding me with MassageBook compared to the other platform I used. Getting more new people emailing who weren't referred by others. The ease and flow of navigation is great, getting technical things faster. I'm totally happy with MassageBook and would recommend it to any healthcare professionals looking for a booking system and website for their business.

Pros

Ever since I started using MassageBook I found it so easy to navigate through, way better than the other platform I was using. The price is half of what I was paying with the other and I'm impressed as how lovely the website looks. The chat online for questions is amazing! I get questions answered right away during business hours and everyone I've talked to is friendly and helpful, with my old platform this wasn't an option and I'd have to wait a day to get an email response, or worse by phone never got a call back since the pandemic hit.

Cons

When I first check out a patient and send receipt it doesn't go through and need to go back to the appointment and resend.

The Best Out There That I Know Of

Excellent! Their strong points more than make up for their weak ones and hopefully the weak ones will get fixed soon.

Pros

I have been using Massagenbook now for over two years and I love it! There are so many features and the price is almost too good to be true. It is easy to use, the customer support is great and it has almost all of the major features that I want. I would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

I don't like that when a customer types in their address, that it doesn't allow them to type it in directly but makes them chose from a dropdown menu of preselected addresses. I have had many of my clients complain about this. I really wish that they would allow clients to manually type in their addresses and the sooner that they can do that, the better.

MassageBook is designed for individual therapists - not companies with W2'ed employees

This product is OK and cheap for a single massage therapist; you will be sorely disappointed if you try to manage a multi-employee business with it MassageBook support has been super responsive MassageBook is very secretive of their product roadmap - they will not provide any insight to customers on when requested features might become available.

Pros

The cost is low - so low, unfortunately, that MassageBook doesn't have resources to invest in building out company-level features Support team is responsive

Cons

MassageBook is missing even the most basic data elements in its reporting module to support basic business activities such as payroll and tax reporting. MassageBook is designed for individual therapists at the expense of supporting business marketing and control - it promotes individual therapist website/bios/contact information, it promotes the MassageBook website at the expense of the business's custom website The automated marketing functionality is buggy, and sent communications to customers that they shouldn't have received There is no online help for the reporting module

Jason, Appreciate the review and I'm sorry to hear we didn't meet your needs. To make sure people who read this are accurately informed, let me clarify a few things. * It's true - MassageBook is not an accounting solution. You can export financial info to any accounting program though. Payroll services like ADP and Paychex can manage everything payroll inexpensively. * Having your business included...

Love massagebook

I feel I am in 100% control of my business because of massagebook. I don't need a receptionist or any other support, just them.

Pros

I love how easy is to use and get or proceess what you need. But most at all, I appreciate their customer support. I am thankful to massagebook because this is just me managing my business and they provide all l the back support that I need to run business in a productive and efficient way.

Cons

I don't have any cons with the software.

A-Game Value, Ease & Access, and Incredible Customer Service

I've never had an issue go unresolved for more than 4 business days, the customer service & staff as a whole has been the most helpful team I think I've ever worked with (seriously, these people are really impressive at what they do), and the value of service you receive is literally a fraction of the cost of other competing software, which I feel you get more from MassageBook than other services as well. 10/10 would recommend.

Pros

The software gives me nearly everything I need. Not only for scheduling, it is a whole ACCOUNTING suite as well. Ease of use mixed with functional integration of payment processing software (we use Square Register) which allows a 2-click paper trail to be created and easily reviewed by both company and clientele.

Cons

There are a few hiccups with availability, the times of which I can count on both hands over 2 years of use. There were a few integration setbacks with setting up Square for payment processing, but since it was resolved (same day), there have been no issues. The only improvement I'd make is to allow the administrators of the business account to see any edits that have been made to appointment times or dollar amounts, instead of having to contact Customer Service.

It's everything I need to run the back office portion of my business.

Pros

It's everything you need: scheduling, client documents/SOAP notes, point of sales, marketing, sales/marketing reports, and web site.

Cons

There could be more customization in the client documents and sales/marketing reporting options.

Easy to use with many excellent functions

Easy to do business with, customer support is friendly and helpful.

Pros

Intake forms, SOAP notes, Scheduling and merchant processing all in one easy to use package

Cons

The App is a bit slow sometimes and I would like to be able to customize the receipt customers get.

Great way to advertise

I like having one app to run everything instead of 3-4 separate apps to do daily business.

Pros

Once you set everything up, it’s effortless. It works for you while you are working on clients.

Cons

Nothing yet. The setup and help from the customer service have been great.

AFFORDABLE, EASY TO USE AND KEEP ORGANIZED

I STARTED AS [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to make a trial and se how it works. After get my licensed I decided to start my business with Massage Book and I can access from my cellphone, book appointments and see availability. It is easy to fill the SOAP note, edit, upload documents, etc.

Pros

EASY TO USE AND TO CONFIGURATE YOUR BUSINESS. I LOVE HOW TO DO MY SOAP NOTES AND UPLOAD DOCUMENT TO THE CLIENT RECORD

Cons

I DONT HAVE ANY COMPARISSON REFERENCE TO SAY WHAT I LIK LEAST ABOUT MASSAGE BOOK.

The best money can purchase for all the great features and qualiaty

Love them. they usually answer quickly and are always polite and make every attempt to resolve your issue(s). And they almost always do. When they don't it is only because the software at the time doesn't have the capacity to do what you are wanting. Basically what I mentioned above.

Pros

The fact that it doesn't almost anything anyone could want regardless of the size of the business and that it is relatively inexpensive so that new and smaller businesses can get the same great features as more expensive brands of scheduling/business software. It covers almost all the aspects of running the business not just scheduling.

Cons

/wekll my business model/set up is different from many in that I have several massage therapists that rent space with me, but we band together under one name and do many off-site functions together. We will often merge together for various specials. We slo share our rooms with other part-time therapists. So we use the schedular so people know when each of the rooms is in use and to offer specials...

MassageBook

My overall experience has been very good. Customer support is excellent and MassageBook is definitely customer friendly. I like the way they keep us informed about changes and additions to the software program as well as providing interesting and helpful information for therapists in general. Their communications about how to operate during the Covid-19 Virus chaos has been extremely valuable.

Pros

I had never set up a software scheduling program and found it to be difficult until I took advantage of MassageBook's support services. They were available to talk with me on the phone, chat online and the site offers many video and written explanations for how to set up various aspects of the program. The software covers everything a business or individual might need or want to start and maintain...

Cons

It is a good thing that MassageBook is always improving, upgrading and adding new features. But, this also makes things more complicated and sometimes more expensive for an individual with a small business like myself who wants to keep things basic, simple and less expensive. As much as I like MassageBook, if my costs continue to increase I will be searching for a streamlined, less expensive program.

MassageBook - my number one choice

One of the greatest supports to my business is the on-line scheduling. In addition, MB made changes to help comply with COVID19 regulations which made my job easier as I returned to a modified practice. Having the ability to sell gift certificates also helps to support and grow my business for those who might not come for a session, but want to purchase one for someone else.

Pros

MassageBook is great software for managing my business. I have been a part-time massage therapist for 13+ years and worked in the information technology business full time until 2016, so I have seen a number of software applications in my work history. It is easy to use, easy for clients to book on-line and interact with and interfaces directly with my Square software for credit card and health care card processing. The scheduler also interfaces directly with my Google calendar; since I work for multiple practices, this feature is integral to me keeping my own schedule well managed.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints about this software; it would be great if the office information could also be passed to my Google calendar, but I understand that the mechanism to feed Google is limited, so it's a small issue. Interesting upgrades come out periodically and they work - without bugs. Another big selling point for me.

Customer Management and Scheduling Software

Overall is been okay and better than others many ways but sometimes the customer service reps. get very defensive when you site a flaw or even ask a legit question about something they could do better.

Pros

The best parts of this software is it’s potential. This software could potentially check off all of the boxes a spa or wellness practice could want if only they were all working properly.

Cons

The most frustrating aspect of this software is that the developers have created features that are great and needed, but don’t allow them to work properly. It’s like the company knows what you need, has created the platform and allows you to see it but not be able to fully execute it. Talk to text voice recording for SOAP notes is one example. The option is there, the button and links are hot and active, but you are sorely disappointed to find out that after you press record, spend the time to give dictation, see that your text has been recorded only to press save and that feature doesn’t work!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Aj. We're always improving MassageBook based on the feedback we get - which we take seriously and incorporate directly into our weekly product planning sessions. I am puzzled by your comment about speech to text as the software doesn't have that ability built in. Are you using your phone's speech to text ability to write SOAP notes on the mobile app? If you could please contact us with specifics of what you're running into that is not working as you'd like it to, I'll make sure I look into it personally. Many thanks for your support! - Mark (Founder)

EM Wellness Massage Review for Massagebook

I can truly say that I have matured in understanding how to run and manage my business more efficiently because of Massagebook. Love them and don't see myself using any other booking app in the near, or distant future.

Pros

Can’t say enough good things about Massagebook; recently, they increased the cost of the monthly subscription and I didn’t give it a second thought, because it’s well worth every penny. My business is so much more professional and flows more efficiently. I use it several times daily. Love the fact that if you cannot afford to pay for an expensive website, this is just as good – and the beauty is I have viewed several of my Wellness comrade’s sites and no two site looks alike, which is a great accomplishment – kudos! I could go on-and-on… I Highly recommend this booking app for all massage therapist who needs to run their business-like a Pro on a budget Features I Love: Appointment Scheduling Marketing Soap Notes Intake Forms The Analytic of the business Excellent customer support

Cons

I would say the only Con for me is, not being able to implement my own custom Gift Certificates and not use there’s – they’re too generic looking.

Everything I want, Nothing I don't

We've used 3 other booking software options in our massage careers, and MB is by far the easiest, most affordable, and comprehensive of all of the software options we've ever encountered. I would NEVER refer anyone to another company for the product I'm utilizing.

Pros

MassageBook provides the best platform for booking our clientele that we've found. Literally everything our business needs from service options, addons, gift certificates, Square credit card integration, and more is included for an absolutely irresistible price. The customer service has always gotten back to us in less than 24 hours (only on weekends) and immediately the next morning. The fact that I can use this as accounting software as well is the most convenient thing possible.

Cons

There are some glitches here and there with text reminders that are very quickly resolved by the support staff and the database full of articles of problem-resolution. The only other thing that needs integration is being able to see the text messages that are sent out, being able to edit any of the materials in the client information, and lastly, getting Gift Certificates introduced to the Mobile App!

Amazing, easy to use product that does everything my practice needs.

My practice has never been easier to manage and I've never been busier. The MassageBook directory sends me a couple of new clients each month. That and having emails go out to clients that heaven't been in to see me in a while keep me busy and not needing to do much marketing.

Pros

After looking at and trying two other scheduling solutions, (Full Slate/Artichoke) an MT friend suggested I look at MassageBook. This software is the JAM. :-) It does everything I need it to and I found it really easy to understand. Everything else I've seen or used was missing something and I had to find yet *another* solution to get everything I needed working. (Like email campaigns or...

Cons

It seems like they're working on adding features all the time. They update the software every couple of weeks. Things like having a shared account for two people with the same email address was on my wish list for a while, but that came out in the Spring, so I'm currently out of things I wish they'd add. Except for insurance billing. That would be the icing on the cake...

Superb platform

Beyond what Ive expected. Great full for my massage school for connecting me with ABMP which is what offers this at a discount which is a bonus to an already amazing and affordable website platform. Helps see progress & offers suggestions for many ways to get more business.

Pros

What I love most is how it helps me to offer packages & deals while sending appointment reminders to clients. Also allows to send campaigns to my clients & request reviews. Easy, reliable, amazing. Everything has an example or video to help assist with everything. Also support is always quick to respond and very helpful all around.

Cons

There is not a thing I like least. It’s all good & when there are issues they are quickly fixed when MassageBook is notified of the issues. Ive been very pleased since I started few years ago. I recommend it for any struggling business or business starting, even successful businesses can utilize this and most likely maintain same quality & growth.

This is not for practitioners that take insurance!!!

It's OK. Written by amateurs. The CRM software space is well understood - these guys didn't do their homework, and aren't interested in making the right changes. Their roadmap is on features they think will help them sell more, not make the app more useful to the existing users. Tech Support is very good - patient, helpful and knowledgeable.

Pros

SOAP Notes are easy to re-use for the next session.

Cons

1) Complete blind spot for practices that take insurance. None of the features you want to make capturing and saving the information needed for insurance billing is there. Supposedly they understand the massage business, but for those top tier professionals that maximize their earning by taking Insurance, they don't. At all. - Nothing on the standard Intake Form captures Insurance info, and you...

Laurel, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Clearly you're frustrated at our lack of features around insurance billing. As the founder and a veteran massage therapist who ran his own multi-therapist practice for many years, I have most certainly "done my homework". That's hitting below the belt... When evaluating what features we choose to prioritize and focus on developing, we...

Practice with Ease

I am able to keep a client list, email list and send out info digitally to all clients whenever I wish. This takes the headache out of any marketing that needs to be done. They have made it easy with the use of templates or you can even create your own. ABOVE all the Customer Service is Truly OUTSTANDING. I have 'Live Chat' several times to ask simple and very complex questions and with ease they are able to talk me thru the idea or issue OR in some circumstances the Rep has called me so no info is misunderstood. 5 STAR for sure!! For everything that is provided the price is absolutley worth it!

Pros

Massage Book is an amazing platform and has made being a business owner so very easy. It has taken the headache out of creating a website, sending out client emails, maintaining client files as well as keeping the accounting straight!

Cons

As I come across items or "Wish" list MB has made it easy to ask for these things and they are developing new tools for its users on a continuous basis. There are a few things I wish the program would do, however it everything has a work around.

Great software!

I am highly satisfied with the MassageBook software, booking, payment, report, and marketing options. I found the website easy to set up and navigate and I've had excellent customer service with every request. Over the past couple of years, it has helped me streamline my business (at my own pace) and helped me go paperless and they continually roll out more features and options. I definitely recommend it.

Pros

MassageBook has made my life as a massage therapy owner/operator a breeze. The online booking system makes it easy for my clients to see my availability, book, and pre-pay online and the automatic email and text reminders are awesome. The marketing features are great and make it an easy way for me to stay connected to my clients. The bonus for me was finding all of the reports that MassageBook can generate. I got it for the scheduling ease and am able to do my financial books easily as well.

Cons

I wish that there was the capability of changing the order of memberships and specials like there is for the service menu options, the support team has responded by including this request on upgrade/update ideas. I would also like better integration with Stripe for storing cards on file. Overall, Stripes fees are lower and every cent counts when you're working for yourself.

I consider Massagebook part of my staff.

Pros

I have been with Massagebook since the beginning, I want to say almost 10 years. I chose them because I had reviewed and tested other programs and they were either too complicated or too expensive. I love how easy Massagebook is to use and I especially love how available their customer service live chat is. I never have to wait to get the answer I need.

Cons

What I like least is that they don't offer the ability to schedule classes, I teach yoga and wellness workshops and I have to go outside of massagebook to find what I need. I must say that the combined cost is still less than some other programs for massage therapy scheduling.

Many features for a great price. Fairly easy to use. Customer service is responsive.

Pros

This is a FULL package that also has accounting abilities and email marketing built right in. for booked appointments, Both email and text confirmations are sent to clients and therapists. I have multiple rooms and one room that shares different types of services- so I now have the ability to reserve rooms for specific services so the potential for booking over someone else's use of the room is eliminated. It has been a great experience so far , and the trouble that I have encountered was quickly addressed by customer service-( I love the instant chat feature) and every effort was made to solve the problem. I would recommend it highly as both a startup system and a for a business that has grown and has more than one therapist. and room.

Cons

It is sometimes not so intuitive as to "where" to look for the information you want. It can be fairly slow too. I would love to have a a feature to book "back to back" appointments for online bookings or to "add services" to a booked service so that there is no enforced gap between these types of appointments, such that a sauna ( 20 min) booked with a massage ( 60 min) could be seen as two consecutive appointments with no 15 min recovery time in between.

Excellent Product and Service

I’m able to focus on other areas of my business because people can book online. They are also able to book appointments while the therapists are in session and can’t speak with them directly. I also love the marketing and reporting features they offer, making tax time easier.

Pros

It’s ease of use for both the internal users along with the client experience. I hear all the time how clients love our online booking.

Cons

I’d like to see more functionality in their mobile interface but they are always making improvements across all their platforms.

Excellent platform and customer service.

Over all, my experience with Massagebook has been positive. The customer service is excellent.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use. My clients frequently comment on the ease of use and their appreciation for the appointment reminders. I also like the fact That I can control so many settings and features.

Cons

One feature that I would like to see if the ability for clients to tip when paying online.

Thank you for your review, Robin You'll be happy to know that the ability for clients to pre-pay a tip when booking online will be made available in two weeks time! More great enhancements are on the way as well...

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.