Outplay Logo
Outplay

Sales enablement platform with multi-channel sales outreach

visit website

Outplay Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.11/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

It is very helpful in engaging with prospects and easy to track the activities. Reports feature is very good.
So easy to use and get set up. All backed up by amazing Customer Support they actually care compared to certain other players in the market.
I'm still a new user but here are some of the things I dislike about Outplay. Lack of integration with Sales Nav - having to import prospects into Outplay with an Excel sheet is extremely frustrating.
Sometimes delivery is delayed due to sending limits, however sending limits have not been reached.

Christopher J.

Changing the Outreach Software Game

They have amazing support and are growing the product every day. I love how easy it is to engage with. I'm now able to connect with exponentially more prospects across all platforms than I was before.

Pros

My favorite part about outplay has to be in how it presents tasks that are due within their sequences. It allows you to send out tons of pre-made and customized templates very quickly and easily. Best part of all? Everything gets recorded to Pipedrive using Outplay's native integration. This allows for a high level view of what's going on in all my deals, while keeping contact data siloed between sales reps.

Cons

The learning curve when setting up the software was a bit tricky. The triggers and sequences are kept in a strange place and are not easily tested. Additionally, I had some trouble with parts of the pipedrive integration. All of this was not more than a minor inconvenience.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

Excellent for Marketing Automation

Exceptional and would highly recommend them.

Pros

It has the same functionality as the other marketing automation tools - Email, LinkedIn, Text, Voicemail drops... and works as advertised - which is a beautiful thing. The support by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team @ Outplay is exceptional. Most of the issues I've had are self-inflicted, and when there is something else, the attention from the staff is timely and heads and tails above other companies I've work with. They do not pass you from one support tech to another.

Cons

The voicemail drop works and there is room for improvement.

SB

Shresth B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Outplay review

I use Outplay for Outbound Sales. I recently switched from Apollo.io. My initial impression is an unfavorable one. I've found it difficult to prospect and add leads onto Outplay.

Pros

It provides sufficient analytics that allow you track your sales performance. The tasks dashboard allows you to understand how prospects are engaging with your emails in real-time.

Cons

I'm still a new user but here are some of the things I dislike about Outplay Lack of integration with Sales Nav - having to import prospects into Outplay with an Excel sheet is extremely frustrating. Software is clunky (sometimes) - I've had to wait for longer than usual for screens to load.

VB

Vishnu B.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Sales engagement made easy

Pros

The simple and easy process to set up sales campaigns and monitor their performance. Helpful for team management.

Cons

There is no cons as of now. It is a very good tool.

Suraj S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Nothing slips through the cracks - Simple and efficient

Amazing experience. Especially the TAT w.r.t customer support.

Pros

1. Ease of use that helps in easy training of SDRs 2. Ease of implementation 3. Scalability 4. Amazing customer support

Cons

1. Data download and API can be better - Will help with better campaign analytics outside Outplay as reporting within Outplay is pretty basic.

TC

Thomas C.

So happy I found Outplay

Overall my experience as an admin has been great. It's simple to set up and it took less than a day to get everything deployed. I know that our Sales team enjoys using it as well. I'd recommend this to anybody.

Pros

Outplay is a fully featured Sales enablement and marketing platform and after searching for something for so long, I'm very happy that I found it. Currently we're using it to organize new sales leads and areach out to them with custom sequences. Additionally, their built-in dialer and local presence features make phone call outreach simple. If you're looking to a cheaper alternative to something like HubSpot, I can't recommend Outplay enough. Also their customer service is worldclass.

Cons

I really don't have many complaints with Outplay. It's been a great experience using this platform.

JM

Jason M.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Fantastic product and support

this is a 5 star product all the way, and one that smashes all the competition out of the park

Pros

This is THE most modern and user friendly sales engagement platform available. It super easy to use, with excellent analytics and setting options

Yn

Yogesh n.

Banking, 201-500 employees

My Outbound buddy

Pros

Outplay helped me and my team set up the entire cadence in one place and also keep an accurate note of all my activities and the number of tasks I am supposed to do every da, Making my outreach quite effective.

Cons

They have a pretty simple user interface but sometimes I find it quite confusing so there is definitely a scope for improvement also on the email tracking feature, make sure it's 100% accurate.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great Customer Support

Pros

Customer Support and are always here to solve our problems.

Cons

No Negative Filters, but they have alternatives that are the tags.

Robert H.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

OutplayHQ - New User Feedback

Pros

Automated lead engagement is fantastic, a little time consuming to set up but once its set up its superb.

Cons

The platform is not configured where you can use specific fields easily to create lists of leads easily you have to export sort and import.

KB

Kieron B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Powerful tool with all the features I need, backed by a team who actually cares

Outplay brings it all together is a cohesive kind of way so I never end up with silos of data and I can be confident about which communications any given prospect has received... and what should happen next.

Pros

Believe me, I have tried a LOT of outreach platforms over the years. The one I was using stopped servicing clients in Australia. And everything else fell short. That is until I found Outplay, which gave me everything I needed at a significantly lower price tag. Multi-channel sequences - my process intertwines LinkedIn, email, calling and miscellaneous tasks (e.g. direct mail, video, etc.). Most platforms...

Cons

When I think about how much time and money I've spent researching a platform that is actually a good fit for me, honestly, I'd be splitting hairs to find things I dislike about the platform.

PL

PAUL L.

Human Resources, self-employed

Great Value with Great support

Needed a way to organize my tasks to contact prospects multiple times

Pros

The product is fairly easy to use once you learn it. They have excellent support that helps answer your questions. They developed an integration with my Applicant Tracking system (CRM) - Crelate that works fairly well and is used to automate and orient the tasks necessary to contact prospects.

Cons

there is a bit of a learning curve.

Clayton D.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Could not ask for more in a product!

Solid and reliable platform, amazing client support (luv is number 1).

Pros

Solid sales enablement platform for organizing touch points and outreach. Extensive list of features, more than most would even use. Great salesforce integration, unique time-saving sync method. Dialer and call recording system is solid and great for managing teams. Great job taking feature requests/ feedback and implementing those ideas.

Cons

The reports/ data section does provide mostly all the insights one needs but lacking in some areas to really refine the sequences, messaging and approach.

EE

Ela E.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Amazing sales automation tool!

Pros

Outplay is a fantastic sales automation tool. It has allowed us to promptly follow up on tasks with the additional automation aspect, making it much easier and faster. This platform has so many great features that we can tailor to whatever is needed, like building our sequences, triggers and it is allowing us to monitor most essential signals like clicks, opens, website visits, which is great for reporting. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], Outplay's [SENSITIVE CONTENT], is a great support and makes it a priority to resolve all of our questions promptly. I can happily recommend him and Outplay to any company looking for a reputable sales engagement platform.

Cons

I'd like to see some more interactive features in email templates, like inserting polls. Also would be good to be able to track when a prospect has been added to the sequence, with an exact day and month.

MH

Michael H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Love Outplay!

Great service and support

Pros

We love outplay for our outbound marketing -- seamless sync with Salesforce and prospecting tools.

Cons

Seamless sync with Salesforce and prospecting tools -- and Zapier.

AW

Alex W.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Clean, Modern, and Super Flexible

Pros

Outplay is seriously malleable and has a ton of convenient features we never got with other sales engagement platforms. Never thought I'd want to switch to another platform but once we got rolling with Outplay it was a breeze. Killer CS team and always quick to answer questions.

Cons

Like any platform, transitioning is a pain in the butt but the team at Outplay made it as smooth as possible.

Sam G.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Watch out Salesloft & Outreach

Brilliant!

Pros

So easy to use and get set up. All backed up by amazing Customer Support.....they actually care compared to certain other players in the market.

Cons

Really mini complaint is the fact you can't set a default text size and font, so it matches the style you have on your outbound gmail messages and replies. Have to switch it each time.

Anupreet S.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Brilliant tool, with amazing customer service

Our SDRs cannot do without it, its an essential tool in our sales armoury.

Pros

Ease of use (UI/ UX) Customer support Features and integrations

Cons

Nothing really- no cons, does the job well.

BB

Bart B.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Outplay’s business contribution

Excellent.

Pros

Information it supplies. Tracking of data.

Cons

Needs to improve the sequence process. The creation of customizable sequences is time consuming.

Sz

Sadya z.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Great Product

Pros

The cadences are extremely helpful and have saved the team countless hours of manual work.

Cons

Lacking some features that would be helpful as the team grows

Nd

Nick d.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

I keep Outplaying

Outplay helps automate follow-ups, reminders and making sure you call the right people at the right time. This has helped up our meeting rate significantly as you're always on top of everything and never forget to do that call or send that one email.

Pros

Outplay is super easy to use and very well integrated with different CRMs. Using Outplay helps me and my team save a bunch of time and it's very effective. Also the Outplay support team is wonderful - they help out with everything, getting on a call is no issue at all and that's pretty rare these days.

Cons

The reporting functionalities could be a little better but it certainly does its job and gives good insights into the most important things. I can only imagine more functionality will be added over time.

NM

Nick M.

Staffing and Recruiting, self-employed

Great prgram/Great support

Great.

Pros

Makes automating outreach easy through their different media (email, text, phone, etc. A great program that gets better and better as they constantly add and improve the functionality.

Cons

No real negatives. I would recommend that anyone using the program take the time and have the focus to learn the features and understand the program. Like any other feature-laden product, it may appear a little intimidating, depending on your experience. Once you get into it, it is not complicated at all. Support is very responsive and patient

DC

Dione C.

Animation, 51-200 employees

Great for prospecting

If it weren't for [SENSITIVE CONTENT] I would be lost. Now I really like Outplay and I have used Outreach before. I did not buy Outplay so I can't speak to cost and value. I am looking forward to the updates that are coming. I really like the tool for prospecting and for keeping on track with my prospecting sales activities. I would recommend Outplay.

Pros

It's very similar to Outreach. It is great for prospecting. It is not overly easy to master but our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has always been available to answer my questions and help me learn the software. Great for cold-calling. Great for keeping on track of prospecting sequences.

Cons

You cannot search or bulk edit by ANY field like salesforce or Outreach for example, you cannot ask Outplay "show me all contacts who are in Central time zone". Or "show me all the contacts who have X area codes. You also are limited on views. You cannot modify the views of what you want to see. I have been told this is on the roadmap. It would be nice if there was a service for cold-calling that changed your area code to the same area code as the person you are calling.

DP

Deepa P.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Outplay Experience

Outplay works as not only a SEP for us but also as the CRM giving vital information about the sales cycle. Also the various articles in Outplay helps in different ways (shout out to Call of Fame)

Pros

Over the top customer support, ease of use features

Cons

AI email writing has to be there, the pages can be optimized to give users the ability to choose what they want to see. Eg. Currently I cant see at what time/date a call was made in the list page

PA

Pratiksha A.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

CompIndia Review on Outplay

Pros

We have been using tools like Outreach, Reply.io, and a few other tools for sales outreach. We then purchased OutplayHQ. We couldn’t have been happier. Their support team is so awesome that it’s superior to some of the enterprise software products we purchased for more than $30K to $50K per year. They’re super helpful, and will even go out of their call of duty to make sure you’re super successful. They...

Cons

Nothing really. If I must pick one, I wish they allowed more email addresses for each user's account.