Front Logo

Where 7500+ companies build strong customer relationships;

visit website

Front Reviews

4.5

How would you rate Front?

Pros

It can be super helpful to better communication within your org and connecting other forms of communication like Facebook chat.

Support team really does an incredible job at providing super helpful information quickly and kindly. Their self-support documentation is also wonderful.

NB

Nick B.

There are so many features that are great for organizing your inbox. The organizational benefits allow you to be more efficient in your daily workflow.

CS

Courtney S.

Cons

However, the number of times we experienced an outage was frustrating.

LL

Lauren L.

When you send a message there is a gap of 5 seconds to cancel it but once it has been sent there is no way to recall it.

Carlos Mario S.

I really did not listen to the sales rep, he warn me, literally said: if you ar going to use it only for the scheduling links features it will be an overkill.

IC

Isabel C.

Anthony F.

System Engineer

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Front has allowed our company to save about a 5 to 1 ROI in time savings

Transcript

Anthony: Hi, my name is Anthony, I'm a software developer in the tech industry, and I would give Front...

I just didn`t listen

Transcript

Isabel C.: Hello. I am Isabel. I am the founder of my own company and I am rating Front in three. For...

Best email software ever

We have a shared inbox and we had trouble to avoid double answers and we had to forward the emails to each other or CC them on our replies so they could get informed of a conversation

Pros

Sharing emails without having to forward them, being able to have internal conversations within an email, plenty of integrations

Cons

When I need to speak to all the team, I have to create a discussion and add them all, one by one. I'd rather have the possibility to @team within an email or a discussion to make sure they are all included. I also whish we could find a slack inbox where we could find all the channels we have and avoid having to switch between the two softwares.

Great Experience with Front

I love Front. It's a great tool, very easy to implement, teach and use. The communication between teams is great and we can track and talk to our customers in a great way.

Pros

The interface and how is easy to teammates collaborate and organize conversations with customers.

Cons

Language only in English Some features were thought exclusive for emails and we use a lot WhatsApp and Chat channels (custom channels) that not might work that great API Rate Limit for custom channels that we always talked that would be our main channel and after purchasing, we discovered this "limitation"

One of the worst email applications I've ever used

Pros

The overall look of Front is simple, which is nice. The snooze function on emails. The support staff were friendly and quick to answer.

Cons

My company switched my team over to Front after a couple people who shared an inbox had issues with managing it. I didn't have a shared inbox, but struggled with the lack of functionality for just personal inboxes. There are so many missed functionalities to Front it made my job incredibly inefficient. I found myself spending more time doing my job which consists of heavy emailing because of Front...

Front helps keep us organized

I love using Front!

Pros

I love that I can communicate with my team about an email where the client cannot see. It helps us tackle tasks efficiently.

Cons

My least favorite feature is that the merging and unmerging of tasks isn't as robust as I would like. I have many emails with the same names that end up being merged and I would like more control over how to merge or unmerge them.

Front is the best Shared Inbox for collaborative customer support

Front truly is a dynamic tool for teams looking to improve their internal workflows for external-facing communications. There is some fantastic automation that is built into the platform that has helped streamline and build in consistency for external client-facing communication.

Pros

My favorite functionality would be the collaborative chat tools amongst team members for email threads. Its an amazing tool.

Cons

The thing I struggled the most to adapt to was the Tags functionality. It is not something we use daily but had a slight learning curve for me and my team.

Great aggregator tool for Customer Success

I lead a customer success team that uses Front daily.

Pros

I love the ability to interact with all our support tools - phone, email, chat from intercom, while interacting with our full team (support team of 5). We stay connected on each user, and can easily run reports and track year over year metrics. We especially like the ability to chat back and forth before we respond to tricky situations, and the ability to Snooze.

Cons

I would love for more integrations - specifically survey functionality, or the ability to have automation once you close out an email/chat. We have this on intercom but it lives within the intercom platform now.

Communications hub for sales and customer support

For us this is a central communication tool for the customer support and sales communications.

Pros

Great intuitive interface, convenience, high level of possible customisations and API integrations. Great possibilities in team sharing and communications

Cons

Some necessary features may be expensive, for us this was integration with HubSpot and CloudTalk, but overall reasonably prices.

We wouldn't be the same without Front

Front is the backbone of communications, from talking with customers, taking care of signups and inquiries and handling customer support, Front lets us do all of that remotely.

Pros

Front helps us respond so much faster as we collaborate on high impact messages and it lets us know what each other's doing. The support team is also really fast and reliable.

Cons

Runs on Electron, so can be a bit slow. Some missing features but the team is iterating really quickly.

I was satisfied with Front

Overall I was satisfied with the software and would recommend it if it meets your needs.

Pros

It was easy to use and the UI had live updates. It was a big improvement over just using Outlook for customer support.

Cons

They redesigned the interface which made it harder to read. I had to install a browser addon to look at the app all day without it hurting my eyes. The reporting and analytics where a bit limited for our needs.

Facilitates communication

Pros

Front allows teams to interact in a simple, fast and efficient way.

Cons

Integration with Aircall is not the most optimal

This review was translated from French. Read original review

Front: your home base for email communication with customers

Using Front, I am able to reach many customers on a daily basis. Front helps me solve their problems by allowing me to communicate quickly and effectively. I can't praise this software enough.

Pros

I use Front daily to communicate with customers. Overall, Front is a powerful and accessible email client with a very pleasing UI. What I like in particular is the template functionality. Templates for emails can be stored, changed at any time, and are lighting-quick to access. I also like Front's internal messaging system for writing notes to colleagues (using the @ system). This means I can leave...

Cons

I personally find very few faults or things that could be improved, that would have a direct effect on the work I do. Having said that, I find the conversation tracking function ever so slightly redundant. This is because I keep track of conversations myself, by having multiple Front tabs open. On the alternate tabs, I use search strings to keep all prior conversation with a customer open. I am aware however that this is my personal style of working, so it doesn't say much about the tracking function itself.

Love Front- Would Recommend

Great experience. Sales Rep was educated, nice, responsive and a pleasure to work with. Then the product was easy to use and solved what we needed.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use. We transitioned to this from HubSpot support and we were concerned about a learning curve, it is about as basic and intuitive as it comes. We budgeted 2 weeks to implement and it took us less than 2 days to transfer everything over and learn how to use it for its core functions.

Cons

I may be doing this incorrectly- but the Slack integration doesn't always work correctly. I think it would've been helpful in the integrations section to have a troubleshooting guide if it doesn't work. For us we filled out all fields and appropriate slack channels but the messages were not sent there. (Again could be our error)

Great Software, Terrible Billing and Support Policies

Pros

It has a number of very good features for helping teams work together for sales and support. The abilities to share, assign, comment on, snooze and resurface issues makes zero inbox possible. Keeps clutter down and focus on what is most important at the moment. We really like the 'product'.

Cons

-Front's Billing policies are absurd. If one signs up for an annual plan adding a user even if only temporarily for a day or a month while transitioning employees results in a charge for as much as a full year for that seat. -During the sales process, you will experience significant personal, real-time communications. Once the sales process is over, don't hope to EVER be able to have a real-time conversation...

Front ~ Showing You What Email Can Really Do

Overall my experience with Front has been very great. In terms of many vendors we deal with our company, Front is at the top. They are their because they are truly relationship minded and that is hard to find in companies. Especially companies in the field of technology. Our company is truly thankful for Front and value their company and employees. You truly get a great experience from their product to their people, and that says a lot about a company.

Pros

I believe the product is very easy to use. Especially for someone that is on a computer daily for work, this product is very streamline and functional in terms of being user friendly. The admin needs to have some tech savy to them to operate and set up, but truly that was not anything difficult. For a company that time is truly our job we need to be on par with everything that is going on. With Front...

Cons

It is hard to really give it a straight con, as it is a growing software and just in the yearish we have used them I have seen it grown so fast. It would be wrong to brand it cons but more so improvements that are on its way. I didn't realize this truly at the start till Front personally reaches out and gets to know you and you to them. A improvement I see growing is the support line. Depending on...

The Best Team Collaboration Tool!

My team is able to be more efficient and we all can see past comments and such so it makes our team more cohesive. Many times the client doesn't even know which team member they're speaking to because we are so united...because of Front. We are able to create Asana tasks directly from our Front inbox which saves some time. I am able to stay more organized and keep the cleanest inbox that I've ever...

Pros

I love being able to comment to teammates and to create a client-specific e-mail for our clients to respond to in order for collaboration to be smoother and for communication to be shared. I like being able to share drafts with my team so that they can review and even send if needed. If my direct reports want an e-mail to come from me but want to be sure I say exactly what they want to be heard then...

Cons

I haven't really found anything that I don't like yet. One thing that may improve but is not a big deal is that tagging folders at the top right does not always work but if I drag the message to that folder then it does work. It would be nice if you could add an Asana task from Front without adding it to a project. For example, if it's a private task that I don't want shared with anyone else then I...

A Great App for Unifying and Streamlining your Communication Workflow

Front has a positive influence on the way I process communication because it allows me to aim for and realistically reach inbox zero. This is possible by allowing me to either respond immediately to a message, snooze it for a later reply or most importantly to me, easily delegate the message to another team member while still being able to follow the conversation. These features allow me to realistically manage multiple inboxes and ensure timely responses to all inbound communication.

Pros

Front is a beautifully designed app for managing private and team emails as well as your company's other communication channels such as chat widgets, social media platforms and even SMS through a service like Twilio. I appreciate the thoughtfulness that has guided Front's development over the years. The Front team's dedication to optimizing the app based on customer feedback is evident in each iteration, and it's great that the Front app is regularly freshened with feature updates and additions. Today's existing integrations with Front coupled with new regularly added services makes Front the perfect platform for unifying your communication workflow. One "inbox" for all your accounts is awesome!

Cons

There are a couple of pain points for me when it comes to my daily usage of Front. My chief complaint is that at this time there is not bi-directional sync of archived or permanently-deleted messages. In my case, archives and deletes in my Office 365 account are synced to Front, but when I apply the same actions in Front, they do not sync to Office 365. This behavior is annoying in the context of my...

Shared Email Tracking without the need for tickets

We had extremely too much email for an Outlook mailbox to handle, no SMS integration nor chat functionality. We solved all of that with Front. Now all of our communications are in one place for ease of use and management.

Pros

Front allows multiple teams within my company to manage massive amounts of email in shared mailboxes, meet or exceed customer SLAs and seamlessly integrate our communications with our management systems. We also like that we get all of the same functionality of email ticket tracking, but without the need for communicating the standard ticket responses and ids to our customers. It allows for a more personal engagement with our clients.

Cons

Our teams took sometime to get used to the new interface as it was difficult to pry Outlook out of their hands. However, once they got the hang of Front they loved the integration and tracking abilities that Outlook does not have.

Great software, hard to be without

Pros

The best part of Front is that it only adds a layer on top of already existing things, such as an e-mail inbox. Other helpdesk software systems tend to be built around their own database structures and add e-mail on top of that instead. The approach that Front uses also means that if one were to ever leave Front, every single correspondence with customers is still sitting in your e-mail account (s).

Cons

There's not really anything I've ever disliked about the software. My pet peeve is that they've raised the prices quite dramatically over the last years. I'm disappointed that software creators these days seem to lure customers in with low prices to build their base and then raise the prices once they have a big enough customer base. But all in all, the software in itself is great.

Front - the email client that is so much more

Directors at our company claimed they were able to achieve ‘inbox zero’ for the first time ever using Front. The concept of assigning emails to people to action has replaced the need for a separate ticketing system.

Pros

It’s like UX designers at Apple decided to make an email client. But not just any email client. One that can beautifully handle all communication channels (SMS, Twitter, live chat). Then they thought through every. single. detail. You’d think that would be enough. But someone there clearly said “let’s make this infinitely extensible through a rich integration ecosystem” - and then they did. If you’re thinking it can’t be as good as it sounds, you need to try it. I can honestly say it’s the first email client I’m happy to use since Gmail introduced Inbox. Did I mention Front somehow managed to make Gmail and Slack have a lovechild? Yep - you can internally comment on emails. It’s paradigm-changing!

Cons

The calendar isn’t perfect but is handy in a pinch. The contact feature is surprisingly lacking in functionality compared with the rest of the app. The analytics reports could be more customisable.

Front, a must need in your business!

I strongly recommend using Front. Not only is the program / email-client very good, but the employees at Front are also equally capable. Through the e-mails they send and the experience I've had with their customer service, I noticed they really care about their program and what the consumer thinks of it. If you have any questions, they will answer it properly. If you have any suggestions, they will...

Pros

I like how everything is organized and therefore is easy to see. I can clearly see the divided inboxes on the left, making it easy to see how much work still needs to be done. Also, the e-mail conversations itself are shown like they are in e.g. iMessage or Whatsapp. This feels really familiar and makes it easy to read really long conversations. Moreover, there are many settings, which can make the difference for various different users. For example, I use the 'Paste as text' setting, so everything I paste is stripped of its formatting. I know some of my colleagues dislike this, but I love it. Furthermore, shortcuts are easy to learn and this makes it possible to work even faster. Overall, I think Front feels very intuitive, it is easy to learn, and makes e-mailing a lot easier.

Cons

At the moment, there is but 1 thing I dislike. When you’ve just sent a new e-mail, it takes a while to show up in the ‘sent’ folder. We used to be able to see that immediately. Because of the way we work, we copy and paste the text of the sent e-mail in our other systems. This delay, especially when one sends many e-mails, is particularly annoying. This is the only minor thing I think can be improved.

Multiplayer email! Can't believe some people don't use this

Fantastic! We are a team of two, and one of us is the main visionary, the other is the one communicating with customers. We needed a quick and efficient way of having one person write an email, the other person check it and add notes, and both parties okaying it before sending. Also, with customer support, it's nice to be able to store responses I use a lot, and quickly modify them to suit the individual recipient. Front helps us in these two ways, primarily, and that makes it by far worth the money.

Pros

Being able to chat with coworkers about emails before they send. Being able to take over a draft someone else wrote, and send from my account, and share drafts with colleagues and have them edit, take them over, OR just give them back to me. Basically it's multiplayer mode for email. And I love the canned responses feature.

Cons

There are issues with the canned responses that make it not 100% efficient. Example: hard to filter canned responses other than by keyword in the title, not easy to make quick edits to them or replace an old one. Maybe because not everyone likes that feature other than me. But it still works and I have confidence it will improve in the future.

Front Review

Overall, Front allows my team and I the ability to respond promptly to each mover around the country without having to switch screens.

Pros

I work at the HQ of a moving company (Bellhops) and my job consists of constantly messaging our movers in the field spread over 25+ cities around the country. The best thing about Front is the ability to prioritize messages involving conversations that are more pertinent than others. Some are urgent and need to be handled right away, and others aren't and Front allows the visibility to determine the difference. My personal favorite attribute is the 'following' inbox including all active conversations you're apart of.

Cons

It would be great to see front integrate with software used by our company so we wouldn't have to input new contacts once we hire a mover in the field. This may already be available, or in the works.

Communication Between Departments and Easy Automation

Experience with Front App has been great. All the way from Pre-Sales, Implementation, Deployment, and ongoing support.

Pros

The ability to simply @mention someone in an email thread helped smooth out efficiency with our external communications. Before using FrontApp, we would either have to forward email threads or link to email threads in Slack. Now, if our teams need assistance from other departments, they can use an @mention to give immediate context to the helping party. Creating Rules using conditions is a breeze and is powerful using their rules editor.

Cons

Some of the "Comment" features were lacking--rich text formatting needed to be in markdown format, no pinned comments, closing edited comments. That being said, they had a recent update that completely addressed all those issues.

Front App - Reading, Writing and Assigning emails in a team oriented way.

I am extremely satisfied of this app. It's super easy to use and perfect when working in team. It's basically impossible to miss any email with this software and super nice the way it looks like when using it on a daily basis. Plus it takes all the rules and marks of your main inbox provider (gmail, outlook etc.). Highly recommended even for all its features and possibility to integrate it with the main useful app: Aircall, Google Cal etc.

Pros

What I definitely like the most is the way you can assign emails to your team mates - especially when reviewing the same inbox. Generally with other provider is always difficult to organize your workflow and dividing email by forwarding them all. In this way, by using a super simple and well designed app, you can simple go through the object of the email, even read it if needed and then directly assign...

Cons

I think that the app version could be improved, especially in the way it shows notifications. Each time I open it - I can see the amount of my entire inbox and it always seems you still have work to do even if you are up to date with all your daily emails.

Switch to Front and you don't have to Cc anymore!

Overall, Front is awesome! It has multiple options and features to make your life easier. You can create "tags" to your e-mails and archive them in the same folder. You can also "snooze" an e-mail for a particular day & time so you won't forget about it. There is something I really like and it is the feature "new discussion" in which you can select your teammates, discussion topic, add comments rather than sending a regular e-mail (this will help you to avoid hundreds of e-mail for the same discussion)

Pros

What I like the most about Front is that I don't have to use Cc option on e-mails anymore. Front has a lot of great options and one of them is called "mention" Let's say a customer writes to you and you are not the correct contact person for that e-mail: with our previous electronic mail supplier we had to go over it and write something like "I'm copying Karen here who will help you out with your request" and copy Karen's name on Cc space. But with Front now we just need to "assign" that e-mail to the right coworker and it'll disappear from you inbox. Then it'll go automatically to the right person and he or she will reply from it (without customer seeing too many e-mail redirectioning to the correct party)

Cons

There is something I haven't found on Front and it is the option called "recall message". When you send a message there is a gap of 5 seconds to cancel it but once it has been sent there is no way to recall it