G Suite Reviews

G Suite

Collaboration app suite for teams

4.66/5 (9,611 reviews)

Pros
  • I really like using the Google G Suite, just because it's so easy, it's free, it's great for collaboration and it integrates so well with other programs like Slack, Basecamp or Workzone.Soni B.Read the full review
  • I have used it for so long and its super easy to use, from keeping track of all my calendar activities and backing up my contact the experience is worth it.Mbongiseni N.Read the full review
  • The occasional quirk is so worth it, and I'd take a Google product over a Microsoft or Apple one any day. They're just the best when it comes to ease of use--and the products look fantastic, too.Elyse B.Read the full review
Cons
  • You can cancel your service, be said that there's no invoice for now, then get billed for that month a week after cancelling and be unable to get an invoice because the account is already deleted.Raitis G.Read the full review
  • The feature set is really big, but the problem is that it's a bit hard to use for non-technical problems because some basic features are hard to find.Jesse d.Read the full review
  • Ve had some problems in the past switching from a 3rd party hosting to paying directly through Google, which temporarily blocked my email which caused a few problems.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Margarita Edwards

The total IT solution for schools!

Reviewed 2020-05-26

We use Gsuite for gradebooks, report cards, student information systems, HR forms, office programs, storage of photos and videos and email online 'drive' cloud storage for all our needs.

Pros
Gsuite offers all the tools you need for collaborative document creation from forms, surveys, spreadsheets, slides (powerpoint), cloud storage, calendars, note taking, accounting and reports. The templates available for education have many solutions available from lesson planners, calendars, quiz creation, gradebook, reports and meeting programs. Templates can be shared within the community and you can find templates that other schools use and share if it is not available in the standard set. The organizational email system is way more user friendly than other systems. I have worked with a team to establish Gsuite in two schools as the main system, and we are a Google school and the staff and admin do not need Microsoft office anymore as this system covers alternatives to those program. It auto-saves your work and when working on collaborative documents it is easy to see who has input different items and easily go back and restore previous versions if needed. Easily compatible to connect data to Google sites.

Cons
I wish that all the options that are available for excel exist in the Google Spreadsheets - e.g. being able to select multiple tabs and edit all of them at the same time. As a private international school it is fairly costly with a charge per staff user. Support education in the private sector too - it needs a substantial budget for large schools.

Marisa Eikenberry

One of the Best File Storage Systems for Teams

Reviewed 2020-02-17

We were having a huge problem with document version control, not knowing where things were (which also related to version control) and it was costing us valuable time and productivity. Now that we have G Suite, that isn't a problem anymore. We just might have to tell someone where a folder is now and then but usually we have it set up pretty intuitively. Plus, because of things like Google Docs and Sheets, we can collaborate on documents that are saved inside of our Team Drive. It makes things so easy! We knew that this product would help us when we decided to purchase it but I'm not sure we realized just how much.

Pros
I love that everything is in 1 place. Our team no longer has to try to figure out who has what file because we know to just put it on the Team Drive. It's also nice because we can share files out to people who aren't in our team which makes things like website downloads really nice because if we need to update it, we just update the current file and don't have to change the link. It has really helped our team be more productive and save time because we're not searching for files like we used to with SugarSync. (Plus trying to remember to share folders with everyone.) I also love that everything is streamed to my computer (unless I have specifically selected to have offline access to something). That way, if I'm working on things where I don't need access to Team Drive, I can just close it. Doesn't take up any extra space on my machine.

Cons
One feature I wish we had although I do kind of understand why it's not available would be the ability to share folders within a Team Drive. Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to share a folder with a client to give them access to everything that they need but for now we either have to individually give access to every file or copy it to our My Drive and issue access that way.

Aaron Pinsker

G Suite is powerful, flexible, and customizable; but clumsy and unintuitive

Reviewed 2020-02-20

I use G Suite primarily to host my business domain's e-mail via Gmail; however I rarely use the Gmail interface directly as I use a local email client. A number of my clients use G Suite for nearly all their office needs - including email, Google Apps, and Google Drive - but not a single client is truly happy with what G Suite has to offer.

Pros
G Suite is extremely comprehensive, providing everything from e-mail (Gmail) to cloud storage (Google Drive) to office applications (Docs, Sheets and Slides). An organization can effectively use G Suite for nearly all of one's offices needs. G Suite has fantastic collaboration tools - especially when multiple people are working on the same document. In addition, G Suite's admin console allows for some impressive tweaks and customizations.

Cons
G Suite's interface is beyond clunky, especially when it comes to the Google Apps side of things. Using a web browser to work on a spreadsheet (Google Sheets) can be a lesson in frustration, as a good chunk of the interface is taken up by not only the web browsers interface, but various unnecessary items within the Google Apps interface. In addition, delving into any of G Suite's backend settings will take you down a rabbit hole of complexity and confusion.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Michael Skrajner

Our Team Lives by G Suite

Reviewed 2020-04-28

Pros
Our team lives by using G Suite. We love it. There is only one feature i wish it had. (see below) other than that it is perfect, really. and the price is great. love the mobile apps for android and ios. amazing. not many people know g suite is hipaa compliant, that is, if you have google sign a BAA with your company. this is great.

Cons
i wish you could search WITHIN documents on your computer. in order to do this, you need to go to the web interface. you can only search by file names, etc. on your computer.

Rodrigo Tisatto

Very good, stable, but expensive

Reviewed 2020-04-17

We have used the company for several years, without major frustrations. As I said, some functions are missing, we need to think of it as part of the office, with everything you would try to manage on the intranet, it seems like something standing in the way between an intranet solution and a collaborative solution. Although I don't like this form of operation (maybe if it emulated another sharepoint it would be better), I never changed it, despite considering it sometimes, precisely because it is difficult to find a competing service that manages to maintain the same connection and operation stability. It is very rare to find bugs, just as it is very rare to be down. We use it mainly for: saving and backing up files, exchanging files between employees and third parties, exchanging and permanently storing e-mails and docs a little to create documents and spreadsheets or forms to create quick satisfaction surveys for our customers. Google sheets doesn't compare to a local office, basic functions are missing, but it's great for editing a document quickly and sharing. We have already used support, but support is weak, information is lacking and is often time consuming to return. If you can't handle self-service well, this is not a service for you.

Pros
The best thing about the G-suite is stability. You know that it will work, you know that it will have no bugs and that you will not lose files on the drive or gmail. And it's fast.

Cons
Some features take time to appear, perhaps it is the price to pay for stability, but in general there are improvements that you don't use, and basic improvements that never arrive. For example, on the drive you still can't use folders as easily as you do in your computer's file explorer, useful panels are missing information. Another problem that I consider serious is the lack of a part of the drive that is "online only" controlled by the administrator. As it is today, it features a temporary drive for common files, because if I put backup files, client spreadsheets and sensitive data, I always know that they are also accessible from my computer or cell phone, but I would not like these files to be "loose" around. If you lose your phone, good luck trying to delete files remotely.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Rebekah Saunders

Great email platform for all your business needs

Reviewed 2020-04-23

Our company has become a lot more organized with G Suite. We have all we need on one platform and pay one flat reasonable fee. We can create emails for various employees and use our own domain name in them.

Pros
Our company has enjoyed how easy it is to access, view and send emails through G-Suite. The layout allows it to navigate easily through your emails. It also comes with various features such as cloud space, Docs, Sheets, slides, forms, calendar, vault and many more. We enjoy all these features as it allows us to stay organized and have everything in one space

Cons
With so many tools it becomes easy to get lost or remember where you saved/wrote something. Also, the online documents created using Google Docs can't be easily saved offline.

Jason Bennett

G Suite is Great for Education

Reviewed 2020-02-10

We switched from Office 365 to G Suite a few years ago in order to better support a 1:1 initiative with Chromebooks. O365 has gotten better but it was and still is a disjointed bundle of services and confusing to manage. G Suite is built from the ground up as a cloud service and all the tools integrate with the core admin interface. Makes it easy to run a robust IT platform with a skeleton crew.

Pros
Besides it being free for education customers, It's full of everything you need to help manage a technology environment for a school. Wonderful security features, integration with Chromebooks, and constantly improving services.

Cons
Support is not always easy when something goes wrong but that's not too often. Admin Console can be slow.

Dmitry Durach

All-in-one office software

Reviewed 2020-03-16

Quite costly, but setting up the same solution from other components could cost more. On the our size organization you don't need to spend a lot of time managing the SaaS solution.

Pros
Gmail + Simple Office + GDrive integration

Cons
Pricing for the business package is quite high. Amount of storage is the basic package could be more than 30Gb

Mike Godin

This is google and it has everything

Reviewed 2020-02-24

Great. Easy to use and you can do anything

Pros
From Sheets to Youtube, there isnt anything that isnt useful on G suite. Its easy to use and Drive keeps it all in one place.

Cons
Small Storage unless you pay for the premium

Lilian Masvutu

G suite-a full package

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2020-03-31

Pros
One of the greatest features it has is the fact that it easily integrates with all other Google products all in one.

Cons
Its pricing can be a bit expensive to the small start ups. Maybe because we are used to Google offering great products/softwares and relatively low or free pricing. However,considering what it has to offer it's worth the price and even more.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Adrian Martinez

Google G-Suite The small business no brainer

Reviewed 2020-04-23

G-Suite has been awesome. We use Gmail and Calendar , Google Docs for all company documents, Google Sheets for our spreadsheet needs. We use Google Forms to collect data from check lists and to automate the collection of inspection report data. All of this is easily managed via the G-Suite Admin portal. As an admin I have very granular control over user access to drives and files. Recently we added a G-Suite App called Collavate to manage business workflows and manage document approval and control as we begin the process of getting ISO 9001:2015 Certified. No matter what you need Google it and 9 out of 10 times there is a solution in G-Suite.

Pros
For a very low cost Google G-Suite provides essential business tools and services. Essentially it completely replaces Microsoft Office and Outlook, provides data back up and sophisticated, centralized administrative functions via a simple to set up Admin portal and an easy to use cloud based ecosystem of applications. You can start out with just email accounts for your employees then as needed add layer upon layer of functionality as your business needed demand them. I set up all our computers to sync their my documents to user G suite drives. Recently an employee's lap top failed. We got a replacement and in less than an hour after opening the box the person was working like nothing had happened. No re-installing office and dealing with licenses and authorizations, no lost data. We installed one critical application and the rest appears as soon as you log into your G-Suite user account like magic!

Cons
If you are a power user of Microsoft Excel there are a few advanced features that either don't exist or work differently enough to require figuring a few things out in Google Sheets.

John Shardlow

Reviewed 2020-03-14

I've had a very positive experience with G Suite and would recommend it to anyone for personal use, and also for business use - especially if you work with remote teams or need to share & control documents. Whilst it doesn't quite have all the bells and whistles you get with MS office products, for 99% of the tasks I've needed to do I've found it to work perfectly well.

Pros
Having come from years of using Microsoft office products (excel, word, outlook etc.) I was initially concerned about switching to G-Suite for obvious reasons. The great thing about G-suite however is that it is so easy to pick ups and use as so much of the functionality & menus's are the same as what you are probably used to from MS products. By far the best thing about G-Suite is the ease at which you can collaborate with others and manage your files without the usual uncontrolled copies of documents floating around. It's easy to share documents with others and control access. The fact that this is cloud based is also a massive bonus to me. I can access my files from anywhere, on any device. For example I've used Google forms to capture data directly from customers at a trade show using a tablet, that can then be shared & analysed more or less instantly with other applications. Oh and it's also free!

Cons
The only real issue I have is if you try and work offline - it can be a bit temperamental. Likewise if your internet connection is a bit ropey it can be a pain, but for the most part this hasn't been an issue for me.

John Pimental

G Suite for Education is GREAT!

Reviewed 2020-02-28

We used G Suite to solve the issue with students having many different usernames and passwords for all their devices and consolidated accounts and set up Single Sign On with Google as the Identity Provider.

Pros
We use G Suite for Education, as most schools do. We like most about it is how well it integrates with pretty much every third party that has anything to do in the K12 area. From our curriculum (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) to our SIS (Skyward Qmlativ), we can utilize Google SSO to easily authenticate users to almost every platform we have. This makes it easy and is entirely cloud based and requires no maintenance (unlike Sibboleth) on our end. It also is easy for students because they have only one login to remember.

Cons
Google is known for "wiping out" stuff randomly (like Google Cloud Print, and LSAs (Less Secure Apps)) so I do not recommend it in a commercial environment because environments with lots of legacy devices will be a bad fit with Google's constant changes.

Marcia McCray

I Love G-Suite

Reviewed 2020-02-18

Overall, I’m pretty happy with G Suite. It’s a great hub for my businesses.

Pros
I like the amount of space that I have for my GDrive for each of my email addresses & the easy navigation and accessibility to Google’s suite of products. I also like the fact that multiple people can work on a document at the same time.

Cons
1. The search tool can be really sucky at times. I’ve searched for emails and senders that ended up in zero search results which can be really frustrating. 2. Also, I don’t receive some emails (this doesn’t happen often) or the emails arrive days later. Now I know it’s not on my end because we have Xfinity Comcast and I haven’t had any problems with that service. 3. I don’t like emails being collapsed. I’d rather the emails be in one long thread not collapsible tabs. It gets confusing.

Anonymous

a G Suite Review by his admin.

Reviewed 2020-01-27

I set it up in my business and is very easy to configure it all and have a good way to administrate all the resources and accounts, the domain set up was very easy and this never have downtime, it's always working as gmail, this is a really good product.

Pros
Easy to use, perfect design and Customer Service, perfect integration with all the Google Ecosystem.

Cons
Price (this software is a little bit expensive). The prices start from $6.00 per user and are not too expensive if you have some users but in our company (up to 50) it turns a little bit expensive.

Mauricio Junior

All the basic tools in one service

Reviewed 2020-01-09

Everything you need to keep your team productive and connected in one service. This platform provides a rich and reliable data management and facilitates collaboration.

Pros
All the basic tools used by most employees are available and easy to use in G Suite. Google Drive, Corporate Gmail, Spreadsheets, Docs and Slides are all connected and Cloud Based, providing a very reliable platform for collaboration. The administration area gives very clear information about how the service is being used and even provides mobile device management

Cons
The service is very scalable and depending on the number of users it can become high monthly investment. After a year using G Suit the company might get dependent on the services as most of the daily basic tasks are done in the platform, nevertheless, this is cheaper and more reliable than using local licenses and services

Víctor Riveros

Highly recommended! A good investment for your company

Reviewed 2020-01-06

In general it is a great product for any company, both medium and large, the support is quite fast and in several languages. It takes a little while for the initial setup, but it's worth it.

Pros
When you buy G Suite, you have access to a large number of applications that improve the overall quality of communication within the company and also with customers, "Meet" for video conferences, "sites" for websites, "Chat" to send messages of text and the always useful Gmail are available are included with the subscription. It also comes with a space of 15gb per user in google drive, and office tools. The initial setup is not that simple, but you can have help online or by calling. User administration is quite easy. You can choose between making payments monthly or annually (the latest with a percentage of discount).

Cons
Althogh they provide a FAQ and other instructions on how to customize and implement their products, there is needed additional help from the customer servicer. There are many steps to follow for making specific configuration in the email groups. G suite allows the migration of emails from a previous provider but not every provider is compatible. I also had some problems running the applications on an iphone (the mac had no problem).

Will Paccione

For my clients and my company

Reviewed 2019-12-12

Overall my experience with G Suite is a very very good one. We've moved full teams over from the old school web mail to G Suite and everyone loved it. the administrator found is much easier to add/remove and change out users.

Pros
G Suite for the email alone is worth it. Google Drive included makes it a no brainer. Makes administering email for big teams very easy

Cons
A long time ago, Google offered a form of G Suite for free with up to 10(?) users. Many businesses set it up and forgot about it. When trying to set it up for those accounts now, it's a major pain. It continually tells you that there's an account for that domain but doesn't tell you how to open it. You have to contact support, then they have top make you put a code onto the website, then they try to contact the person who opened it up years back. If they don't hear from them, then they'll give you access. This is not an easy process.

Bryan Rohling

Best option for a school or non-profit to share and collaborate in an office environment

Reviewed 2019-12-12

Gsuite has a minimal cost for us, and it allows us to collaborate within our organization and with all of our customers as well.

Pros
Our organization wouldn't be the same without a tool like Gsuite. Most school districts use Gsuite because it is a free service. We can share and collaborate on just about any kind of document. 90% of our employees do most of their daily job within Gsuite. GSuite also connects to hundreds of 3rd party apps and it can be used as your centralized user database.

Cons
Enterprise security measures are not a top priority. Google is constantly improving this concern, but I believe Microsoft addresses these concerns better than Google.

Daniel Scholz

Gsuite-Lots to like

Reviewed 2019-12-09

G Suite is great for performing basic office tasks. But if you’re looking to dive deeper you may want to spring for office 365. However the way it integrates with Gmail and with your website are very nice. If your business does it need to perform detailed spreadsheet modeling it should be fine.

Pros
G suite is versatile, easy to use and flexible. Google makes collaboration very easy, and obviously search is a strength of the platform given the publisher.

Cons
The software that is intended to compete with Microsoft: sheets, slides etc. are all a little light on features. Google sheets in particular cannot hold Microsoft Excel’s jock. As a basic spreadsheet platform it’s fine, but don’t expect to do any detailed number crunching or data modeling.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anonymous

Free G Suite for Education is the MOST amazing deal ever

Reviewed 2019-12-03

Honestly, it's been an incredible investment for our organization, and I really couldn't be happier. I feel like if I was paying, however, I would like the admin console to be a bit cleaner and easier to navigate - even cleaning up the confusing wording on the instructions would be an improvement.

Pros
It's free when you are in the education sector and you can't beat that. I can't begin to tell you how much my department has saved in data storage costs alone. Totally worth it to get just that, but the host of other tools in G Suite are also amazing!

Cons
It comes with a learning curve for sure. It can be a bit difficult to understand as an administrator, and although the customization options are AWESOME, they can be complex and require time to learn and understand what they do.

Michael Wilson

There isn't a lot not to love about G Suite

Reviewed 2019-11-25

With Google being the giant that it is, I'm honestly not sure where to go if I do need support of any kind for G Suite. It's not like Google has a main switchboard that you can all in to and "press 1 for technical support." Perhaps they do and I don't know it. But thankfully, it's very very rare that I need support beyond what can be found online. I wouldn't hesitate to deploy G Suite with any of the companies I oversee.

Pros
When I came in to a new company, I inherited "Google Apps" as our platform. I had been accustomed to the Exchange Server world for email, Sharepoint for files, and was neck-deep in the Microsoft ecosystem in my past experience. When coming in to Google Apps (later rebranded as G Suite), I was a bit uneasy but the unfamiliarity was quickly overcome by the ease of use of Google's tools. One of the things I appreciate most about G Suite is that you never have to worry about the integrity of your data. You know your server's hard drive is never going to crash and bring you down for days at a time. You know you're not going to have to deal with lengthy outages because one upstream provider has gone down. Google is just reliable. It's rock solid, and it just works.

Cons
I think the #1 issue I don't like about G Suite is Gmail's "labels" paradigm. Yes, they offer IMAP, which allows you to mostly adhere to the "folders" model, but "labels" are not exactly the same and understanding the differences can be confusing at first. Also, I prefer to work through an email client rather than through web mail. There are a few programs out there that handle the "labels" implementation well, but many do not, so your choices for email clients become limited. Other than that, I really can't complain about the tools that G Suite offers, nor the price. It's affordable and reliable.

Adam Hill

Amazing suite of software at a relatively low price

Reviewed 2019-10-29

Overall our experience with G Suite has been that it has become indispensable as the "nervous system" of our company.

Pros
We have been able to completely remove use of Microsoft Office products from our company by adopting G Suite and have dramatically increased our productivity. Online collaboration makes document writing easy and higher quality, while we can also now access all our documents seamlessly across devices and locations. Gmail remains the premiere web-based email system and there is so much added value having youtube and the huge suite of Google services at your finger tips.

Cons
There is very little bad I can say about G Suite - maybe Google Drawings could be invested in some more. In the past the Office integration was limited but this has been increased significantly over recent years.

Bhavin Shah

Highly productive office suite

Reviewed 2019-10-29

Overall it’s a highly productive office suite that helps you focus on work with negligible learning curve.

Pros
G Suite is the best, productive and Possibly the cheapest cloud office suite out there. The best part of this tool is that it gets out of your way and helps you focus on task and not so much on figuring out how to use various menu options and what not. Everything that you need in the email suite along with office tools and customized domains is all in there for a super cheap price.

Cons
While the g suite is great on productivity there is heavy reliance on 3rd part plugins to add more functionality. My only wish is to have some of those tools readily available from within and not outside parties.

Stacee Myers

Best Service!

Reviewed 2019-10-26

I am in love with this software and I will not go through anyone else with all the service they give us! Their customer service is really effective, too. Most of the employees with the company know what they're doing and can help you with any and all issues that incur within the apps.

Pros
It's easy to use and you can add, delete and edit any and all users that are within the company with a few simple clicks. Our company uses the G Suite business e-mails as terms of communicating faster. It's very reliable. My company also uses the calendar app which is really useful for meetings and set information since it can be shared with everyone within the company. Google Drive is really good for sending documents and important information because it stores it into the drive for the company. Anyone can access it which saves time and effort with the search bar. Google Docs and Google Sheets are amazing for organizing information for meetings and casting calls. It's a simple way to leave notes where anyone can go in and view and/or edit the documents. These documents are also automatically saved in the Google Drive. Hangouts is nice when you're not in the same town but need to have a company meeting. Everyone can be in the conference call and it's hassle free. They also give you a full month of a free trial with everything before you have to pay, which is nice for businesses starting out.

Cons
I wish that the free version had a little bit more in depth services such as just one company e-mail, instead of having to pay five dollars per user. It would be essential for online businesses.