All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Google Workspace Reviews

Pros

I really like using the Google G Suite, just because it's so easy, it's free, it's great for collaboration and it integrates so well with other programs like Slack, Basecamp or Workzone.

Soni B.

Read the full review
I have used it for so long and its super easy to use, from keeping track of all my calendar activities and backing up my contact the experience is worth it.

Mbongiseni N.

Read the full review
The occasional quirk is so worth it, and I'd take a Google product over a Microsoft or Apple one any day. They're just the best when it comes to ease of use--and the products look fantastic, too.

Elyse B.

Read the full review

Cons

You can cancel your service, be said that there's no invoice for now, then get billed for that month a week after cancelling and be unable to get an invoice because the account is already deleted.

Raitis G.

Read the full review
Terrible layouts, and awful (dangerously poor) support. Hard to access support and when you do they do more harm than good-do not trust that they know what they are doing.

Craig J.

Read the full review
Creating unlimited amount of data always been struggle in the past and will take huge amount of time if not failed. With google cloud, this problem no longer persist.

felix s.

7,879

2,196

10,634 reviews

Is awesome, UNLESS YOU NEED HELP

This is the office solution that makes life easy

Best with document collaboration

This software is my solutions for most of my work problem. It can do everything that my work need, like communication, document creation, collaborations and cloud storing. The security imposed to this software is very reliable and i have never afraid my data will be leaked from this software.

Pros

By using a single registration of google account, i can access various type of software that are under Google Workspace. Working with my colleague in collaborating a document that we work together is really efficient with this software, as both of us have the a permission to access and edit the document and we can edit the document at the same time.

Cons

There are not much that i can ask more for this software, as i think they has doing a very good job in constructing this workspace. Thing that i think they should improve is the customer support. Is is very difficult get hold of them, and the email that i has sent are left unanswered for days if not weeks.

Necessary part of my business

I use Google Workspace primarily for email and Google Drive. I do use a lot of space on the drive and I share different files and folders with many different people. This is extremely important in my line of work, as I'm also sharing files and collaborating with clients and teammates.

Pros

Using my multiple email addresses in one place is extremely important for me. I am able to use all of my email addresses and sort them as necessary into different folders, which makes life so much easier, rather than having to login to separate inboxes.

Cons

I wish that it was easier to have it respond from the email it was sent to. I can check multiple emails in one Workspace account, but when I reply it comes from my main email, unlike when you set them up separately in Gmail - I feel that system works better for multiple emails.

G Suite - The New Standard for Education

Google is awesome. Google Sucks. Google changes things at random, because they think they know better than you. Google's project vision often excludes we the user. They have plans for one application, so you won't get a feature in another. They intend to replace something, so you can just do without while we work on it, to later discontinue it. But G-Suite works. It's awesome for email. It has a terrific...

Pros

G Suite, a powerful collection of Googles Utilities wrapped up in a business-centric manageable cloud (for in our case, Education). There is a large amount of customization available based upon users by OU, which can trickle down into Chromebook management, and more. Quick alias support for name changes. Extra Routing steps for email if you wish (route through your own filters, or a second route for internal archiving). Enable / Disable GSuite apps based upon OU. And configurations based upon such. Password Syncs with Active Directory (requires an install on a password management server). User Sync with Active Directry (requires another install on a directory server).

Cons

G Suite is excellent. But G Suite does suffer some flaws. The management interface is SLOW. I cannot underscore this enough. Antique "Active Directory Users and Computers" is like lightning compared to using the management interface. The mangaement inferface tends to forget your log-ins mid stream, it doesn't remember where you were, and your attempted setting change wasn't set. Don't forget. Some interfaces hide the save button (seemingly...). Other settings are saved on click (lack of consistency). New features are often bleeding edge, but also sometimes completely excluded because "it's not for business customers"? Restrict "Hangouts" for some users? No... you cannot, you have to use "Hangouts Chat" because that's the business client, but that doesn't integrate into email.

Collaboration in Non-Profit Setting

We couldn't function without Google Workspace, but it's not without it's flaws. I particularly wish there was better support options!

Pros

Google Workspace offers an amazing ability to collaborate with my colleagues. Particularly right now, as we all work from home, being able to edit documents together, write comments, share new versions, organize many files, and more has increased our online collaboration and therefore improved the quality of our work.

Cons

I find Google's support pretty challenging to use. When I run into challenges, particularly with formatting documents I've uploaded as a PDF and want to edit in Google Documents, I am rarely able to resolve my issue with advice from their support page. I find it hard to ask questions and get useful results back, so I either end up working around the issue or seeking advice from informal platforms. Additionally, I don't love their task management options. It's not as collaborative or user-friendly as other products.

The easy all-in-one collaboration suite

Google Workspace is an affordable solution for our team to make sure we can focus on the job and have everything at our disposal without the need for an IT team to manage our infrastructure or account management.

Pros

Google Workspace was our go-to-choice when moving away from a Microsoft environment. It allows us, like no other of its competitors to: 1) collaborate with ease As we work together on documents all the time, it is really easy to have Google's suite of tools at our disposal with a generous amount of data. 2) setup & onboard new users without hassle Adding new users, even temporary account for students is really easy. Sharing previous docs, an onboarding map and the likes is done with almost no effort. 3) manage rights & permissions Managing users and adding them to subsidiaries or managing individual rights is straightforward.

Cons

At first, the 100% webbased solution, was not fully trusted for users when going offline. But Google has come a long way improving towards a solution that works perfectly on and offline. Chromebooks that enter the domain are treated automatically as 'managed' by the organisation, which limits some functionalities even when this is not intended. It is a minor downside however and actually makes sense to do it this way.

Indispensable tool set, especially in an increasingly remote/virtual workforce

We do everything in Workspace. Other than our ATS, all of our day to day communication and documentation activities are performed on Workspace, we have all but gotten rid of Microsoft and Zoom

Pros

Each app is seamlessly integrated into all the other apps. Communicating with my team, collaborating on deliverables and documents, calendar management, video meetings and email literally all in one place. Workspace has significantly sped up work flow, I never realized how much time it took to do the little things like attach documents, create and send video meeting invites, and waiting on my teammates to respond to emails or other chat systems. Having everything housed in Google means every tool you need can be accessed in the same tab, making it almost impossible to not see a new email or chat to come through. These things might sound silly, our production has sped up so significantly since switching from several different software and applications to Google Workspace.

Cons

There aren't a lot of cons really, but if I have to pick something, I'd say it is a little confusing starting out when people refer to Hangouts vs. Meet vs. Chat vs. Duo and things like that just because all of them pretty much share different combinations of the same messaging, video chat and/or voice calling functions. Google is consolidating all these services into fewer apps (which are included in Workspace), and apps that will eventually be unsupported (like Hangouts) are still functional and being slowly fazed out, so this isn't even really much of a con.

Has everything for online collaboration

The best experience that i have with collaborating software is with Google Workspace, I can get my work done everywhere thanks to easy access to all the software under Google Workspace that are reachable over the internet. Spacious storage offered even for a free account really helping me managing my software cost.

Pros

From document creation to email management, Google Workspace has everything covered and there are numerous integration of software that can be paired with this workspace. Collaborating with others definitely a piece of cake as everything is easily sharable as long you given access to them to using your content.

Cons

It is so difficult to get hold of their customer service. I need to wait hours to get hold of their customer care from the live chat and the only option i have is to opening a support ticket from the email, which takes days for them to replies back. That is the only thing that make me frustrating with google product.

Google Workspace wins over every other platform

Google Workspace is a business ESSENTIAL for me. I recommend it over other similar platforms. With all docs being cloud-based and instantly synced across devices and for multiple users, I've left hard drive based programs behind.

Pros

I can sync across devices. I can log in and navigate among multiple inboxes simultaneously, with Gmail, but also Drive and Google Docs.

Cons

Since the beginning, Gmail has never given the ability to adjust the left-column folder menu size. My folder names would often benefit from a larger name, but I've learned to live with it.

Perfect for startup and easy to quickly scale

Perfect for the teams that require emails with their custom domain names and allows for developers to extend their team quickly without attracting much cost. Flexible payment options are available as the team grows and is bundled with their other google services which are highly available and used throughout the industry.

Pros

The product was quick to acquire and setup - completed it in less than a day. The system helps you along the way to setup with your custom domains and facilitates a quick transition with as little downtime as possible.

Cons

I would have liked more storage with my plan - but it is a choice to upgrade. I chose to not go with more storage due to the cost at the time. However, it's important to note that in comparison to everything else on the market this is very affordable.

Essential Tool but costly

I am working in a startup, and there is a lot of hiring going on. It is really very easy to onboard a new employ and get him started with the company.

Pros

I like how easy it is to setup, how to create multiple user under one organisation and their email ids. We can have alias emails ids also. 30GB drive storage for file management id also very good. The best thing I like about it is real time collaboration on google docs, sheets and slides.

Cons

Only thing I don't like about it is its price. It is really very costly as compared to Zoho suite, which also gives comparable services.

Helpful software to collaborate with teammates on a variety of documents

As a research driven individual, i have looked for a variety of resources that allow me to collaborate with my teammates on research articles that have a very tight deadline. I came across Google Software that is a highly sophisticated website with a variety of online features to accommodate any research needs from editing and formatting documents to creating folders for organization purposes and other features. I highly recommend this software to any organization that needs collaboration tools.

Pros

Google workspace is a highly sophisticated software that allows you to collaborate and share documents with other individuals that have been granted access via Gmail or any other chat platforms. I use this software on a daily basis to edit and format the research articles that my teammates and I are planning to publish in the future and I have found the tools provided by Google workspace to be extremely...

Cons

The software works great on any browser and it is highly functional and sophisticated. So far, I have not found any issues pertaining to its functionality, however, definitely one feature that could be added in the future is the offline access. This will be a great addition since it will allow you to work offline, on the road or when the internet malfunctions.

A very multifaceted tool

Our company uses G Suite for email, calendar, Google Docs & Drive, Google Voice (occasionally for sales efforts), etc. In general, it works like a well oiled machine. It is great for managing teams. Also, with my account synced across devices, it makes working from anywhere seamless.

Pros

I like the many layers of customization and the various tools available as part of G Suite (Workspace). I like that I can easily manage the accounts of all Users as admin, from resetting passwords, to creating new accounts, to terminating accounts. I like that along with email, we have the calendar, and the larger Drive Storage. I like that I can do attachments up to 25mb and that Google will convert anything over to a link. I like that searching is very easy and, as creepy as it is that Google can read text in photos, I like that it helps me to find things no matter the format it is in. I like that I can turn off Conversation view (which I hate). I like that I can customize my inbox.

Cons

I HATE that when I, as admin, delete a user account, it doesn't automatically prompt me to download an archive of their email history. I wish that when deleting an account, you could set up email forwarding for a set amount of time. I hate that when I do download an email archive, it is in a file format that I cannot find any way to open. I hate that when I create an event in the calendar, it automatically creates a Hangout link (which confuses people if the invite is for a Zoom meeting - they use the wrong link). I WISH G Suite had more integration with Google Places/Business. I have tried to talk to G Suite support about issues with our business listings, but could get no help.

Reliable - Must Have Product

I love it, we use it in the company very much. Starting from the survey (GoogleForm), documents (GoogleDocs) and data (GoogleSheet). It's very helpful. The team, even can save budget not to buy Microsoft product by using this online service. We love it so much.

Pros

1. Extremely easy to use 2. Easily accessible for everyone 3. Affordable for the price, already include all-in price (including mail service)

Cons

It's only a minor thing. Few shortcuts of GoogleSheet are a bit different compared to Excel. It's not a big deal though.

G-Suite is an easy pivot into the business world for new companies.

G Suite made setting up a business very easy. I don't know of an easier platform that is so familiar and painless to setup. It took a portion of a day to tie in the domain name for email, get the accounts setup, create signatures, format a mailbox and get rolling sending people my new email. It was great. The integration of Google Meets was a good addition that responded to the evolving marketplace of remote visual meetings (and at least for now it's free, which is also a great bonus).

Pros

Being a consumer Gmail user makes the step into G-Suite very easy. The interface remains the same, so you get all of the well-known advantages of gmail as a base to start with--which is great. Beyond that: the setup and management is easy, adding and subtracting users is a snap, the labels for organization is very useful, it ties apps like Docs, Calendar and Drive very well, and it's cost effective.

Cons

I would like to see the Suite continue to evolve to offer things that a business can utilize that a basic consumer might not. Google has a lot of competition to work with, people who have tried this and have examples out there to see what works and what doesn't. Specifically, some more nuanced aspects of filing / archiving, archiving an entire folder of emails to individual PDFs for record to free up drive space, sorting moving Sent emails the same way that the Inbox works. I'd also like to be able to save emails, but ditch the attachments to lower the weight on storage space.

A Great Product, Once You Get Your Head Around It

I began my small business at University and wanted to make our identity seem more cohesive, part of a large network and, most importantly, professional. I did some research and it seemed that Google had the best features and, of course, has an excellent reputation globally (being one of the most well known products on the planet). Google Workspace was certainly a challenge to get my head around for...

Pros

The co-working spaces that are available are great. The privileges and role assignment features are accessible and really handy. More generally, the Google Workspace eco-system, when you can finally get your head around it, is really good. The Customer Service team is very responsive, approachable and understanding. I've had a few issues with Google Workspace, largely for mistakes made on my part, and the Customer Service has typically rectified the issue within 48 hours.

Cons

I found the Google Workspace really quite tricky to get to grips with. It took me over a month of re-visiting the Admin feature to really understand how to utilise it properly. The more the company the grew, the more features I needed to consider using and the learning process re-started all over again. This isn't necessarily something that can be changed but, for example, I would have really loved a virtual tour of how to use each feature as and when I needed to use it.

Online Collaboration Solution

We have enjoyed using Google Workspace very much and look forward to continuing to use it for collaborating with our team.

Pros

We have made the greatest use out of the email feature. Being able to store documents online and share access to those documents, even collaborating simultaneously has been another huge feature. Having all of the documents and the history of documents synced across multiple devices has been invaluable.

Cons

Task management could use some improvement to bring it up to part to competing services. The ability to manage the permissions for all elements of the users in one location would also be beneficial. Right now you have to enter into certain programs to adjust the settings and sharing rights for individuals rather than being able to do it from the control panel.

All your working needs in one place and shareable with everyone in your Company.

Since my first day the use of this software was a must! Besides my personal use, which gave me familiarity with the tools, I'm wasn't accustomed to use with a team. In the end it was easier than I've thought! With Sheets we could maintain everything updated to our clients and Slides was the major tool to our Chief Officers presentations. Even Engineering and Product Team improved the knowledge of new...

Pros

Ease of use, almost everything is intuitive. Customizable content on your mailbox (tags, folders, mail rules, models and more). All tools you may need (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Meet) and they're easily shareable, extremely necessary in times like these were almost everyone is working from home. Marketplace has extensions for almost every need or tools you use.

Cons

It should have clearer, more specific and easier to find documentation. Sometimes you may think that some resource don't exist, but, it was there all the time. Most models should fit everyone, however, sometimes you'll need to customize from an existent model to make something more specific.

The way to go for startups

G Workspace is my go-to for new teams and I routinely advise others to go this way, simply to save headaches down the road.

Pros

Google Apps... aka Google Suite (now "Google Workspace") has been around for some 15 years, and it's the fastest way to get a team online with email and a suite of collaboration tools, while still having a solid pathway for growth in maturity. Cost is very affordable for most startups. Native android integration for mail, calendar, etc. is very important.

Cons

A frequent annoyance for startups is that "obsolete" team member accounts are still charged at the full per-user rate, unless their account (including emails, drive etc.) is entirely deleted. Far better would be an "user archive" option at a discounted rate. Sometimes startups have dozens of temporary team members, and preserving their correspondence is very important for legal and other reasons.

The Preferred Collaboration and Communication Suite for Small Business

I use GSuite tools every day for my business and my full time job, and as a whole, my experience has been very good. As a web designer, I also help many of my clients set up collaberation and communication tools, including GSuite for Business and GSuite for Education, and more often than not, it's a breeze.

Pros

The feature I like most about GSuite is the range of collaberation and communication tools it offers and its ability to integrate with my everyday web experience. I use Google Docs and Drive to collaberate on web projects. To give a specific example, I use Google docs to put together a sitemap and have my clients make edits to it before placing content on the site. I use GSuite as a way for clients to upload website assets and make them available to me for use on web projects.

Cons

GSuite is not very intuitive when it comes to setting up options on the administrative side. Everytime I want to look for a particular setting, I need to reference the documentation or Google help site to see where the option is - it's never where you would expect it to be. I can tell that the software was developed by programmers, but I believe they might want to add a few more UI/UX people to the team that develops the administrative interface.

Great Choice for Organizations of All Sizes

Google Suite is a great solution. Probably it is one of the best collaborative sites. It makes communication, sharing, and coworking super easy. I never have to worry about losing any files or information because G suite has my back!

Pros

I used G Suite for university purposes, but when I realized it is similarly helpful in work setting - it became my favorite tool. I would use Google Docs to document my learnings and work on my assignments and then I would switch to work account and use the same tools to produce valuable work. I am in love with the Google Meetings and Calendar feature and seeing how busy are others based on their schedule....

Cons

One of the negative parts is for sure - the difficulty to remove many documents at a time. Support team can be considered average. Small note: When replying to an email from a long thread, I need to type the response which is located at the bottom of the long chain of previous emails. It might waste time in urgent situations by requiring a lot of scrolling. In order to use it - an internet connection is needed even though many features are crucial. Google Sheets don't have so many features compared to Microsoft Excel.

G Suite for Team Collaboration

Fantastic. It hits all of the options I look for in a product; Ease of personal use, ease of collaboration, reliability. I have never had an issue with G-Suite that I haven't been able to solve or get an answer to within minutes. I have never had an issue retrieving or sharing a document from the Shared Drive and editing with coworkers is absolutely flawless and simplistic.

Pros

It's extremely simple to learn with little to no direction at all. Everything from mail to creating and designing documents whether it be alone or live with another team mate is extremely simple to accomplish. Storage and retrieval of docs within the drive is also extremely simple and reliable as well.

Cons

I think one of the major hurdles a lot of people have consistently is understanding the Google process for saving a document or saving it to your desktop. It's a very different process than we are used to with typical Microsoft Office products that we learned on. Another issue I see people having is understanding how to share a document on the Drive with someone outside of the organization. Although this is a simple process, I think the directions should be clearer for new users.

G Suite is a must in our business

Super easy to use and very much fill our needs as a company with team members all over. It is especially good now with WFH protocals.

Pros

It has so many different tools that are included in the suite, it is a real value and it makes collaboration and sharing so simple. With everything in the cloud and on the computer it makes me wonder why it took us so long to switch. It just keeps getting better.

Cons

the web site software is a little limiting and could have a lot more features.

Better price/storage than any of the competitors!

It's a pretty great product overall, however, the lack of communication from their support team, and more importantly their lack of presence in updating the features towards Linux distributions is disappointing. In spite of that, they are pretty much above every other competing product, when compared to ease of use, and fluidity between moving across projects, and teams.

Pros

The G Suite functionality is perfect for collaborating across different teams. The versioning system is quite intuitive as compared to other archaic methods. One of the most enticing thing about G-Suite is that it provides and end-to-end offering from domains, docs to storage with Google Drive. There are other competing products, but they do not really match the G-Suite with it's tight integration with different operating systems, and more specifically with the Chrome browser, that enables cross-platform support even for Linux distros.

Cons

G Suite docs are great for versioning and creating quick drafts and share ideas, however the docs that include, slides/spreadsheet/text are severely lacking in features that MS Office has, specifically in terms of the flexibility in customizing margins for example, or even basic features in editing complex math/symbols. Additionally, support for Google Drive while great for Windows/OS X operating systems, is non-existent for Linux distros, specifically their Google File Stream offering, which was one of the driving motivation to switch over to the G Suite.

The Best Out There For Collaborative Work

I love Google Suite. It truly is the best collaborative site out there. It makes communication, sharing, and editing super easy. I never have to worry about losing any files or information because G suite has my back!

Pros

I absolutely love how easy it is to collaborate with teammates. I never have to worry about saving a document or losing a document. Google suite makes it easy to keep all my files in one place and share my files with hundreds of other users. G Suite has a lot of storage for my files and makes it easy to archive and retrieve any file. I also love how you can search for a document by typing any word in the file. I use G Suite for everything

Cons

There is not much to complain about but I dislike how difficult it is to remove large quantities of files. I also have a love hate relationship with how detailed the progress history is—while it is beneficial for tracking work, it is frustration when it causes problems among teammates.

G Suite review

Overall G suite is best for any organization and you have to compromise for some of the features such as collaboration tools, Comparing to Skype or Team their hangout isn't great so far. Overall I can proudly recommend this services to anyone with their own research (what they want?).

Pros

Well, A complete google package is suitable for any business. Premium google adds on packages are bonuses. Storage is a very excellent buy for literally anything. There is no need for any special training for employees. Anyone can easily use it. No hassle to train employees. Very organized and fully cloud-based. Gmail, drive, Voice are great development.

Cons

Apart from good features there are few things that people don't like about this product. This is entirely webbased and many of us don't like this. Very average/poor support system comparing to their competitors. Collaboration tools are not great as their competitors offer. Pricing should be even more better.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.