G Suite Reviews

4.61/5 (4,718 reviews)

Dave Von Bieker

Does more and more and looks better doing it

Reviewed 2018-09-10

I've used GSuite in many environments and collaboration is its greatest strength. What Docs and Sheets lack in power features (or even basic layout functions like column layouts), they make up for in real-time collaboration. The group-work of GSuite is fantastic, and it seems at least 2 out of 3 people have a Google account already. My kids are required to have school Google accounts as they use GSuite for Education. The design changes in the past couple of years are welcome and make GSuite not only useful but modern, fast and friendly. I find myself coming back to these apps more and more and asking which of the other myriad apps I've signed up for they could replace. I love that G Suite is free to use and ubiquitous at this point (likely because it is free to use :) The core applications are simple enough to enter into without a learning curve for anyone familiar with Microsoft Office or its competitors. The design of the suite has improved a lot in recent years, as has the integration with Google Drive and Google File Stream on the desktop. It's hard to beat free, and it helps that GSuite is also becoming, to my mind, better than its paid alternatives for average users.

Anonymous

G Suite is revolutionizing use of the cloud for business and students everywhere

Reviewed 2018-08-14

Extremely positive experience with G Suite. I use it all the time and the ease at which you can convert from Google format to Microsoft Office format is a huge plus, since many people still only use Office. It has overall saved me tons of time and I think really improved my students learning experience. Where do I even begin? Well for starters, pretty much the most important things that G Suite can do are free. That is amazing for any student who is strapped for cash. The 2 most important features of G Suite for me are 1) As a scientist, the ability to take experiment notes in Google Docs or make a spreadsheet and share it with my Mentor so that he can keep track of my experiments progress without having to even be in the country. This is good because he travels a lot. And 2) There is an amazing feature on Google Slides where you can give a link to your presentation to anyone in the audience and they can go to the link on their phones or laptops and type out questions that I can then see on my computer!!! This is an invaluable feature when teaching larger classes and students are scared to ask a question and sounding stupid.

Anonymous

It's Either G Suite, or Microsoft... Just Choose One and Go For It!

Reviewed 2018-07-19

Great integration. It's an entire platform that you can use from your laptop, desktop, phone, tablet, chromebook... anything!I like the integration with G Suite. It's all integrated: email, Drive (file storage and sharing), Docs (Word), Sheets (Excel), drawing tools, etc. etc. There are a lot of powerful 'web apps' built in to G Suite.

CARLOS LEE

Everything you need for a dynamic and productive office is in GSuite. It has saved our lives!

Reviewed 2018-07-18

The software has a lot of potential for those who know how to use it. we make the most of google drive as a digital repository. On the other hand, hangouts is an excellent communication tool. It is extremely easy to use. It does not require extensive technical training, nor follow tutorials. anyone can adapt quickly. It's as easy to use as a gmail. the fact that google apps for work offers: Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Groups... makes it a platform that has all the solutions for a serious and demanding work environment. Enough to start using google apps for work, so that each app adapts to the processes of the office, significantly improving the performance of it. The implementation and adaptation of google apps for work in my office was extremely easy. The interface of the Google platform is incredibly simple and intuitive to use. The google customer service is excellent. you can count on your technical team, they are there to help. Do not hesitate to integrate google apps for work into your work routine. It will make life easier for you as you have no idea. I sincerely believe that Google GSuite has adapted very well to the needs of my office. The fact that G Suite provides us with a customized domain for our company provides invaluable added value. Basically google apps for work has all the essential applications to make an office a productive, proactive, dynamic and technological environment. In our case we make daily use of Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Groups. Because it allows us to access all the important data at any time and in any place. All apps are synchronized with google drive, so it does not matter if you are at home or traveling, google apps allows you to access all the content that your team handles. It is as if you are continuously immersed in the dynamics of work. We use Hangouts to communicate in real time. It also allows us to establish videoconferences between several participants, so we can hold a meeting without being all in the same boardroom. google drive is our digital repository of all the important data that needs to be shared in the easiest and fastest way possible. While Google docs we use it recurrently or it allows us to create documents and edit them in a shared way. I truly believe that the Google apps for work has solved many inconveniences. It is an extremely useful ally when it comes to working as a team

Patrick Cirelli

Complete seamless office productivity and collaboration.

Reviewed 2018-06-25

Ease of use between desktop web browser and android.G Suite provides an excellent office productivity and collaboration platform for small offices to large organizations. End users will certainly enjoy all of the familiar Google apps they are accustomed to using in their personal lives and system admins will enjoy the advanced configuration and user settings. Three of the best features of G Suite are its seamless workflow, unlimited storage (Business & Enterprise editions only), and its marketplace of available apps/integrations. G Suite makes it easy to work between apps and keep your work saved. Multiple users can work the the same document and previous versions can be restored should something go wrong. Business and Enterprise subscriptions enjoy the benefit of unlimited storage which is a necessity in today's data hungry world, plus, you won't have to suffer from storage anxiety by trying to figure out what to back up locally and what to save in the cloud. Lastly, G Suite has a great marketplace of apps (free and paid) that provide excellent integration with other apps such as Smartsheets, Trello, and many many more making G Suite an even more powerful business tool.

Anonymous

I like it, I guess? G-suite is microwaved leftovers; mostly good but very unevenly cooked.

Reviewed 2018-06-22

It's the tapioca pudding of enterprise email and scheduling software. I'll buy it because it's on sale and I'll feed it to a friend if they're starving but nobody's walking away totally happy.My team can access ALL the bare minimum requirements, including: Sending emails! Storing files! Having a calendar with the aesthetic of a 60s soviet bloc housing complex! And even more! Yes literally everything that I ask G Suite to do, so long as its within its core competencies, it manages to not mess up.

Luke Marshall

Getting the most from Gsuite

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Continuous improvements, value added services. Add-ons, Integrations, customizability, scalability, training resources are but a few of the 100's of apps available to G suite users. The more recent Desktop Cloud sync also allows you to treat your google drive folder as any other on your computer. The list goes on and on for the pros. One thing I can say is that if your a small business in need of answers to everything online there will be a tool for you in Gsuite. If you don't know how to code javascript I highly recommend finding some one who does and begin looking at things to automate as all of the GSuite family of products are quite easily added to custom functions using Google internal Javascript Library called Apps Script. Think of everything you do on a computer from a perspective of DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) when it comes to entering and using your companies data. New customer? add the contact details to Google Sheet and the set up a custom menu which automates any potential work flows for that data. ( like generating shipping labels for samples you want to send )

Mark Burdon

Great suite of apps for creatives and any company looking to create documents collaboratively

Reviewed 2018-06-14

gMail is a great lightweight e-mail app, that goes without saying. As a content writer, I also love the ability to share Docs, Sheets, and Slides with customers, and have the ability to work on them at the same time through the Chrome browser. I use Google Drive extensively, and the storage space they offer for my subscription price is great value. So much so that I don't even know how much I have, because I never worry about running out of storage. I've only had to connect with the G Suite support team a couple of times, and they were quite knowledgeable and efficient as far as follow up. The G Suite Marketplace is also great, offering several free add-ons or affordable plug-ins to apps for CRM, word counters, WordPress, and other productivity apps. I've used G Suite and Office 365 simultaneously, and both suites offer great value for desktop or browser-based productivity. I will be continuing to use G Suite for the foreseeable future. I would recommend other small businesses, creatives or even large businesses do so that prefer browser-based applications on Chrome, Firefox or other popular browsers. If your companies run multiple iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux devices, it seems the ideal solution for communication, document creation, and file management.

Nathan Sichilongo

G Suite is the tool we swear by the most. Great for all business sizes.

Reviewed 2018-05-14

G Suite allows us to manage our business communication centrally and also collaborate on documents and projects internally in real time. The best features include 1) Easy integration across the G Suite makes it easy to work on documents, send emails and collaborate (a huge thing for a company like ours). G Suite works with many existing file formats making it easy for us to quickly add documents and files to our drives and emails. 2) Gmail for business is king - The use of threaded emails in Gmail accounts is great (especially with the new Gmail interface), also being able to share files via Google drive and insert edited documents on the file from Google Drive. 3) Google Docs and Sheets allow us to collaborate in our different departments and provide us with real time edits, so we can see who is editing what and when it was edited. The real time collaboration helps especially as our teams usually work remotely. Without sounding like a fan boy, G Suite really competes with the best of the best business communication solutions out there and is great for collaboration and communication.

Scott Miller

G Suite has transformed the way we operate dad to day. I cannot thank Google enough for Gsuite!

Reviewed 2018-05-11

This software has given us the abitility to move into the future with the way we operate and think.G Suite has made managing our daily presence on the web fun! The G Suite Admin Console is one of the easiest to use administrative tools that I have ever used. All the resources are right there at your fingertips. Navigating around is easy and make any user feel like a pro almost instantly. Very simple controls all the way down to as granular as you want it to be.

John Reid

G Suite has managed our business systems for years and revolutionised how we work.

Reviewed 2018-04-05

It centralised all of our business productivity needs. As a tool for small businesses it is immensely powerful and has the reliability to be your go to business tool. Switching from traditional networking may be jarring, but the collaborative benefits make it worthwhile. Getting the core productivity tools along with extras such as Google Meet for video chat and screen sharing, Google Chat for team based conversations and planning (think Slack), Calendar, Forms and a rich admin interface that let's you control and customise a great number of options for the service makes it huge value for money. You're also supported by knowledgeable Google staff if you need support with administering the system thanks to the included phone, chat and email support.G Suite comes with a raft of tools. The basics are the office productivity software with Docs, Sheets, Slides and GMail. The office-esque document tools are more than just basic online editor. They are competent and functional tools that would accommodate 90% of your work. The main power of Google Docs is the collaborative tools. You can edit a document live with other members of your team and see the changes instantly. If anyone has come from network-based sharing, it's a game-changer for distributed teams and ensuring that versions are not overridden. GMail is much like the free version that you may be accustomed to. It has all of the filters and label functionality that you need to manage your inbox reliably. If you are desperate to use it in other email clients, there is IMAP connectivity and a connector for Outlook. I try and steer my colleagues away from these but the option is there for even difficult users. Drive is a sophisticated web interface for storing all of your Google documents. Any Google documents take zero space. Other files, such as Microsoft Office documents and PDFs take up additional room as these are "real" files. Using the Google File Stream tool on your PC makes it appear as a new hard drive on your computer. You can access files on the fly from Explorer without having to download all of the files onto your drive. A neat feature of Drive is that you can store files in more than one location, a la Linux file links.

Anonymous

Would never use another service just for the company email alone.

Reviewed 2018-03-16

GStuie, and Google in general, gives the answer to so many questions and provides so much for such a great price, it is ridiculous to conceive of using anything else.There are so many things that GSuite can do that it would be impossible to list all of the pros. I'm going to just focus on email for this review to try to simplify things. The greatest thing about GSuite for your company email is that if you have a parent company, with multiple smaller companies underneath it, you don't have to pay to have email service for every single domain! Each domain can be set up as a subdomain of the parent company and then every user can receive email at theirname@eachdomain.com in the same mailbox! Additionally, you can create a "group" like "support" and it will then work for the main domain and each subdomain in the same group section! You can have them all go into a group messaging system where any of your users can respond, or you can use routing to send them to a ticketing system! Easy Peasy! That's just one part of one product, out of MANY, Amazing!

Anonymous

Perfect for the non-intensive user

Reviewed 2018-03-09

Main benefit was bringing a lot of offline data and applications online, allowing co-operative working.When we got the internal note announcing that our company had signed up for Google Suite and we would be migrating to it and its tools, I was genuinely content. All controversy about Google aside, in my private life I had already been using Google's tools for ages because of it's ease of use, cleverness and wide scope in products. I definitely saw the benefit in using the same toolset (and some extra only available in Google Suite / Google For Business) in my professional life. It's pretty mind-blowing how diverse the Google Suite environment is. The types of applications, supported devices ... it can do A LOT, and it usually does it decently. This implies that for average users, after migrating everything to Google Suite, they probably won't need many other web-apps or locally installed software to do their work. As Google is so widespread in day-to-day life, most of them will also adapt very easily to the interface of the applications.

Best Cloud Eco-System Available

Reviewed 2017-05-01

Unless you're an Apple user (which, as a recovering Apple fan, puts a lot of roadblocks in the way of your computing experience), you have two choices for an integrated cloud suite - Google or Microsoft. While the latter caters to larger businesses, and has a comprehensive if dizzying collection of tools available, my experience on that platform was terrible from a small business owner's perspective. My brief experience with Office 365 convinced me to return to G-Suite (formerly Google Apps), which I recommend wholeheartedly. It is an easy, very fast, totally extensible system with good (not always the clearest) support. And everyone plugs into it. Gmail vs. Outlook: I was an Outlook holdout for many years, but then realized that a little bit of training and time acclimated me to Gmail's interface. I continue to use Office programs, but occasionally use the Google Docs, Sheets etc. - which are handy for collaboration. I started using Google Apps in 2011 as a sync backup solution when I lost data in a HD crash. Since then, I put all my docs into the G-Drive folder on my laptop, and have never lost a document since. I upgraded to 1 TB of storage, so absolutely everything is in the cloud, and syncs to my system.

Darryl Zelenski

G Suite Great for Public Education Market

Reviewed 2017-04-24

I have been using G Suite for Education for over 6 years, at two different school districts. Google has made huge strides for both in the classroom, for common user use, and overall IT Administration from the the backend. There are Pros and Cons in both G Suite and Office 365, if you are looking for a comparison. I personally feel they both have their own spaces where they excel. For what all you get with G Suite for Education, it's hard to pass up and not implement at some capacity.A complete cloud-based solution, that's not dependant on thick-client software installs to operate. Easy collaboration for the G Suite users, a crossed all their G Suite Apps. For Education, it's free. So you are able to take full advantage of the entire G Suite Package at no additional cost to the district. The IT Administration on the backend is very easy to manage, in comparison to other cloud-based solutions. Great training materials online. Which includes the ability to spin up a 30-day test domain to practice with if you feel the need. I did this when I completed by Google Admin certificate.

Stefany D. Blount

Day One User - Never leaving.

Reviewed 2017-10-19

The price for the value cannot be measured. It's fast, easy and organized. Users have little or no learning curve to get up and running. Any size business can benefit but I feel for small to medium companies it's essential.Hard to know where to begin with a product that encompass your entire business. The price is absolutely spot on for the amount of functionality you get. As an administrator, I can add new users in 5 minutes or less. My domains are part of the system so making system wide changes are a snap. Any small to medium business will benefit from being on the google platform.Docs, Drive, Sheets and Apps work seamlessly together to give you an organized organization. I am able to control the apps, including phone apps, used by my users. I can add and enforce the use of company wide third party apps. I am able to control the look of the email sent by my users. Especially signature lines. The GSuite Marketplace is huge! Third party developers have addressed almost every issue dealt with in running a small to medium business to give you a look and feel of an enterprise sized company. Ease of use, the familiarity of Gmail and a full suite of collaboration application that can be used on any device. It's the ultimate suite of products to be up and running in a matter of hours. Two tops.

Scott Entwistle

I honestly don't know why any business would use anything else

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Too many benefits to list. Spreadsheet software? Check. Docs? Check. Shareable to anyone and everyone to collaborate in an instant? Check. Single sign on at millions of business tools and websites, thousands of extensions to help manage your work, and easy administration to set up or remove employees. It's a dream for any small business, and it's a necessity for any large business that wants to stay on the cutting edge. By far the best part of this software is the ability to integrate with just about anything. Whether it's your Android phone or one of the thousands of pieces of software that integrate with it, I NEVER have a problem when choosing any other piece of software. Most startups create apps that work with G Suite first, so all the cutting edge plug ins and tools are always ready to be used. Even companies that have been around awhile just stick with G Suite and Outlook as their only integrations. It's basically the deal of the century. Not only is the email flawless, straight forward, and well integrated...but you get Google Calendar, Sheets, Docs, and many many other Google products all centered around your business account. It's just too easy, and I use ALL of those things so regularly that I take them for granted. Nowhere else can you pay and basically have all the tools you need to run a business.

Jaron Hall

I couldn't imagine not using G Suite for my business

Reviewed 2018-06-25

I have used G Suite for more than one business venture. It works great and really is a good value for the money (in most cases). I could understand that if you have a large organization the costs could add up quite a bit. I use G Suite along with all other Google apps and it works great. Very user friendly for those that aren't very tech savvy. As the Admin, it's very simple to manage your users, manage permissions, etc. I just ask myself "how hard would it be to have these same features but custom build them myself?" and the answer is "it would be very very difficult." It would also probably cost me more.

Anonymous

Great for light use, gets difficult for larger teams

Reviewed 2016-12-12

Google apps is a great alternative to Office overall. There are a few glitches and missing features in comparison to Office, but nothing that ruins the experience if you are using it pretty lightly with a small team. Importing word documents can be a pain as it isn't seamless, and sheets doesn't have all of the functionality of Excel, but not a worry if you don't use formulas heavily.We use google apps for content development and it's great to have version control, comments, and simultaneous editing capabilities. I'd say the best part about all google apps is the ability for everyone to edit one document so you aren't stuck trying to find the latest version. Being able to search the drive for files using title keywords or just keywords I know are in the document is extremely helpful. I've been able to find long lost docs that I've long forgotten the name of just by searching for the context.

Everianny Brito Padrón

Undoubtedly, this is one of the best software I could use

Reviewed 2018-07-19

Google G Suites brings in itself a series of solutions of great interest to any company interested in expanding their work horizons, providing them with services that connect you with the globalized world. Using this software in our company marked a before and after in our operation and therefore I recommend it I will not tire of praising this Google service that brings with it many interesting software and tools for the new work demands and its connection with the current market. The benefits are inexhaustible, storage service in the cloud, preparation of documents, databases, calendars, working groups, updated news, chats that can be connected at the enterprise level, among other tools that only increase productivity and performance in my business. Thanks to these tools we have been able to link in a more direct way to each of the workers of the different departments, generating collective goals, making real-time reviews of the products produced, adding new perspectives in the tax and fiscal field, and we have drawn visions of the future, based on collaboration between different work teams.

Dominic Russo

The best suite of productivity tools, especially for small businesses!

Reviewed 2018-06-22

Being able to start a small business with little overheadFirst off, we're grandfathered into the Free tier, so we can have up to 50 accounts absolutely free. I know most people can't get it anymore, however, even the paid price is not much. When you consider all that you get, it's totally worth it! Gmail is obviously the best part, not having to deal with mail / Exchange servers or Microsoft Outlook. There's no need for any Office software either. You can easily replace it with all the different parts of G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc) and even get some cooler things like Forms (be able to solicit form-based responses directly into a Sheet). Managing users, aliases, groups, security controls, etc. is simple from the web interface OR the Android app (my favorite). I can't imaging trying to start a small business without it.

Varun Kumar

Great collection of applications, suitable for all business types.

Reviewed 2018-08-05

The application has made it possible to use our firm’s custom mail addresses and this gives a professional touch and boosts the traffic of our official website. Another superb feature is that we get a storage space of nearly ten GBs, free of cost! The searchability feature is just awesome, you don’t have to hunt too hard for your old emails. The best feature is the spam folder where you can redirect all your troublesome emails to, hence we don’t need to put an effort to delete them. You can connect to the applications and access them from any remote location via your smartphones or tablets. If you are shifting from MS outlook to GSuite applications, you can make use of the synchronization feature. All the services including the Gmail, Gdrive, tools for drawing, docs are built into the application. The application is very simple to use, thanks to all those tutorials and the interface provides easy navigation.

Alexandra Renée

Google Apps Is the Best Email and Collaboration Tool on the Planet

Reviewed 2015-11-26

There is so much to say about the magic that is Google Apps. It is the only software we recommend for email, and the entire suite is killer. We recommend and install Google Apps for over 95% of our clients. What makes Google Apps amazing is the fact that it's not just a step up from Gmail with professional addresses, it integrates with everything. Companies build around Google Apps, making it compatible with everything and very smooth. My favorite things about Google Apps for Work is that it allows businesses to work from anywhere anytime. I can easily save things to Google Drive, share them, collaborate on them, build solutions and systems that just work, no matter what I'm doing. So many businesses are stuck on "server email" with Outlook have problems - these are my favorite people to recommend Google Apps before jumping to 365. Don't get me wrong, 365 has come a long way, but there just isn't a comparison.... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Google Apps for Work, have several accounts for all my businesses and recommend it be the first piece of business software any establishment purchases before any other.*Business email on an interface that the vast majority of people are already familiar with *Collab on anything, documents, spreadsheets, presentations *Google Plus photo backup is my life as well as the biggest lifesaver consider all these phones are getting rid of expandable memory. Auto Assistant removes photos from your phone that are already backed up to free up space on your device. *Email, Docs, Sheets, Slide are 100% mobile and you can access them anywhere *An entire marketplace of apps that can help create an ecosystem of productivity and efficiency that can literally eliminate a staff member and save your business on a salary *Integrates with EVERYTHING

Sahr Saffa

G-Suite is the ultimate productivity tool for many businesses.

Reviewed 2018-04-30

Google helps us create meaningful work for our clients and our internal team by allowing all of our documents to live in one collaborative space, and for communication to be seamless between team members. This is a great benefit because it saves time and optimizes productivity. What makes G-Suite so powerful is the connectivity it has to the tools that are on the platform. Our team relies heavily on/uses a combination of Gmail, Sheets, Drive, Docs, Calendar and Hangouts on a daily basis. I also like that it is accessible and very intuitive on mobile devices. On days when I'm not on my desktop, I can access, edit, send, and complete documents in a manner that is user-friendly and not destructive to my productivity. In fact, as the leader that overlooks many divisions, Google Suite enables me to only focus on work some days that can be done from my phone. This allows me not to get too much into the weeds with the creative process, and to trust my team's work. My role becomes more of a leader versus a creator.

Gabriel Maxwell

It's the bread and butter of digital communications

Reviewed 2018-07-19

The G Suite is a seamlessly integrated group of apps and functionality that never ceases to provide exactly what my office needs. As a creative professional its value to me is endless, from storing my work, to creating easy, beautiful spreadsheets, documents, guides, and more, all easily shareable. I've tried other apps for these purposes, but always end up coming back to Google because they've really taken over every aspect of what you need in an office or studio. The G Suite is just so much easier to use than any other apps out there right now, and stronger as a brand and UI. I highly recommend!