Google Docs Reviews

Pros

As good or better than any other wordprocessing software. The bonus is that it seamlessly integrates with other google software.

Kerry W.

Some of the most prominent features of this app are. It's powerful and has a very elegant and simple user interface.

I love how easy it is to use and how file sharing is super integrated. The quality for the cost of the product is super.

LT

Logan T.

BT

Boris T.

SA

Sarah A.

Many companies block people from using Google Sheets. I am not sure if it is a security issue or why, but it is very frustrating when your documents are there and the site is blocked.

VP

Valerie P.

18,809

5,675

25,273 reviews

Frequently recommend this to coworkers

Pros

Google Docs has all the features of Microsoft Word but costs nothing. Available to anyone with a Google account, Google Docs allows you to access your document from any device without having to carry around a flash drive. You can make adjustments to your paper from your phone or start a paper at a local library then finish it from your home computer with no extra effort. Google Docs saves changes automatically, so you will never lose your work if you computer crashes or dies. The ability to share documents with other Google accounts is perfect for team projects. Teammates can edit or create simultaneously and can see other edits in real time . Google Docs is now the only system I use for documents.

Cons

None. Every time I have recommended this software to a coworker or friend, they have been surprised by how many features there are and how easy it is to use.

Cloud documents made ease

Overall great product, I can create documents for co-workers to read and edit. I can view other documents from a customer or a vendor that emailed them to me. The entire reason I use this product is because I use my cell phone for 90% of my work. Emails and documents are always passed around and what better way to read and edit them while on the go.

Pros

You only need your Google sign in credentials to start, its free and easy to use. Save documents on Google Drive for free, or to wherever you need them. Pass them on easier than attaching a document to an email which is also an option.

Cons

If comparing to Microsoft Word as the biggest competitor, there are features missing or purposely left out. This tool is free not everything is included. Comparing to word pad or notebook on a PC there is some features that are the same or better, but no cloud sharing with those tools.

Your documents always available

In general, it's a good Office Suite to work online and share or collaborate, it has plenty of room to improve, some functionalities from popular office suites are there, but, are hard to locate, others aren't there at all.

Pros

I have used Google Docs for a while, it's a complete Office Suite and since the mobile version I have access to important and sensitive information for my daily business activities, it's good for share and collaborates with other folks at the office, allowing a great flow of information, saving a lot of time in the process.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to open documents from my desktop computer office suite (MS Office) to our Google Drive using Google Docs, some formats can't export or won't open at all, I have to spend extra time making a new version of it, having both documents opened at the same time in order for my to copy all the info from one to the other.

Quite Literally Can't Live Without Google Docs

With Google Docs, we solve the issue of having to license everyone else with a Microsoft Office or Microsoft Word pass. Another problem solved is simply the ability to convert documents from old .doc or .docx files into our storage drives.

Pros

The ability to replace most 'modern-day' software options that are similar, but pale in comparison. We use Google Docs as a way to write policies, share projects, finalize posts to publish on site, etc. There is quite literally a million use cases for us, and no issue.

Cons

It's difficult to say I like something 'least' as there is not something I don't like about Google Docs. Maybe I have too many Google Docs at one point? But that's more of a me problem!

Google Docs.

Google Docs is an excellent document editor and due to its synchronization with gmail id, it offers a high degree of accessibility.

Pros

Google Docs is a free document writer and editor and comes free of cost. It auto corrects your spelling mistakes. It has a lot of add-ons. As it syncs with Gmail, you can easily access your documents from anywhere and on any device just by logging in through your Gmail. You can also use it through voice typing and keeps a track of your work count. Sharing documents is very easy in it. Also you can search anything with google in-app from the written text. It also gives you the option to lookup for alternative words.

Cons

Google docs is weak in formatting as it lacks many fonts. Also it lacks support for a lot of document file formats. As it is primarily online application, you cannot access a document in absence of internet if you haven't downloaded and saved it ro your device.

This is the only doc sharing platform you should use.

Google really figured it out with Google Docs. Type docs.new into your URL bar and you will create a new Google Doc. You can easily share or keep the doc private. It's a great way to track your notes, projects, tasks, or documents that you need for work/personal/life. Great mobile app too.

Pros

This is the best doc sharing and collaborative online platform. It's way better than Sharepoint. It's smarter, easier to use, and just a great way to work with a team on any document or spreadsheet or presentation. Google Drive nailed it.

Cons

I have ZERO complaints about this platform.

Google Docs is the best alternative I have ever used

Google docs makes my job easier at church. Getting together music sheets has been a blast, and I've felt secure that even if my computer crashes, Google Docs will still have my files stored online. It's comforting to know I have that security

Pros

I love how simple this online program is. I've used Microsoft word for YEARS in the church business, and it has had ups and downs. Mostly, when I switch computers, I have to manually share files through a jump drive. With Google Docs, I have been able to not only access my files with ease, but I'm able to also download it in any format necessary for the church to use. For songs and sheets that are too many pages, It has been a easy transition to shorten lyrics through this program. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a notepad processing program.

Cons

Adding a save button would be nicer, but honestly I have not had that problem much since using this program.

Great for a smaller nonprofit

Overall, we love using Google Docs and our organization uses multiple times daily. It makes it very easy to transfer owner ship of documents, run quick organization surveys, complete performance reviews, and collaborate on documents all within one program is so great and cuts down on work.

Pros

Integration was very easy and it costs much less than traditional word processors. Additionally, we love how we can put all relevant documents for someone's job in a folder and regulate access.

Cons

The documents can get a little cluttered if they are not kept organized properly. If you are used to another popular word processor, some of the features are there but in a different spot so it takes time to learn those small things.

Google docs for file sharing with my clients

I use this to present social media plans to my clients and it's great, they can modify things easily, put comments and I can see those changes in real time. We organise our files, pictures, etc. I also like that you can select who has access to it easily.

Pros

I love that you can work within the document with all the basic features of sheets, presentations documents and forms . I also like that you can connect and modify things in the documents within a team easily in real time. It's organised, very safe and practical.

Cons

Definitely need more options in sheets, presentations and forms. It doesn't have everything that powerpoint, excel and word have and at first its hard to find some tools.

A good word-processing tool for daily personal use.

Overall the tool is excellent choice for light-weight use. It have a collaboration feature that helps a lot when working in a team and saves a lot of time. We can edit and modify documents with others in real-time during collaboration.

Pros

The user interface is simple and the setup is easy. The tool is online and all the files are stored in cloud storage. It is easy to import/ export files and start modifying it online. The files get saved automatically and we don't lose any unsaved data. There are many customization features available to edit the documents.

Cons

The tool is not fully fit for robust word processing, as it lacks many features that are required for professional use. It have security issues and is not recommended for use in many companies. The graphical user interface can be improved.

Google Drive is made to ease people's lives

Overall, I love using Google Doc as it provided me the best experience when using it. Features like auto-save, document and notes management are so well-established and easy to use. In fact, I can access my files anywhere and anytime as long I have internet connection on my phone or desktop. Worry no more when I need to work in group, as Google Doc can be accessed by many users in one time.

Pros

This software is so easy, simple and straightforward to use. I believe all of my friends can get used to this software effortlessly. In fact, my friends and I use Google Doc for most of our works, assignments and note making. This software does provide its user with so many features that are so useful and crucial. For example, the collaboration tools like 'word and grammar suggestion' that work smoothly and automatically. I simply just need to tap right click on my mouse, and the suggestion words will appeared. Other than that, by using Google Doc, file sharing is no longer a problem as I can share my files with just simply generate a link. Then, my colleagues can access the files. They can edit, view, or comment the shared files, depending on the setting that I have set earlier.

Cons

I may have some minor problem when using this software for my works. The most obvious problem is, I can only add simple table in Google Docs when using it. The tables cannot be edited creatively, as it lack that feature. So, I need to use word or WPS office to insert desired design for the table, and upload that file on Google Doc. Other than that, the feature like bookmark and heading is difficult to be utilized. It might need to be improved as it is so important in order to manage notes, paragraph and files systematically. It also can help user to find particular part quickly. But for now, user can use shortcut like 'Ctrl + F' to find particular word that important.

The Only Docs Program You Need

I am working on a poetry book, 2 novels, and more and was overwhelmed at my computer totally crashing just because I was using my open-source editor/etc program and would not only waste acres of time but actually lose works because it didn't save then up to the point of crashing. This program never crashes but if my browser freezes, when it unfreezes, I am exactly back where I was with zero loss. And...it is free. And Google! Love Google!

Pros

I can say immediately, that it is free! Moreover, I have been using an open-source program for decades that was the same and better than the most popular for all of my writing and document needs. I had not used Google Docs much, honestly, till the last couple of years as I thought it was perhaps too simple for my needs. Wow! I was wrong, wrong, wrong! It is a bit simpler, yes, but exactly what I need. Additionally, the fact that I don't ever have to save anything at all -- it is automatic, makes all the difference in the world. Online, offline, it is a writer's dream and equally great for business.

Cons

On my tablet, it is easy to get into and write or edit but I cannot seem to find all the functionalities such as the fonts I need to change to for certain projects. I found it by accident after several minutes and then couldn't find it again. However, I am sure it is only because of the app on the tablet, which is totally new to me, and that I just need to familiarize myself more. On my pc/laptop, neither have that issue at all.

Google Docs.

I love using Google docs, primarily for its ability to save file online which enables me to retrieve it anywhere and in any device just by logging in to my Gmail, and it offers almost all the vital editing tools that are offered in other prominent Word programs.

Pros

Google Docs is a good document manager for editing and reading word document. It is easy to use and is absolutely free. It saves docs on Google Drive and syncs with your Gmail id just like other Google apps, which makes you able to access your files from anywhere and any device just by logging in to your Gmail account. It also performs spell check of your documents and correct any mistakes. Yo can also conduct in-app google search about a word. It also has a great alternate word choice predictor that offers suitable words or synonyms when needed. You can also download documents to your device for offline access. It also support transcribing or voice typing. Along with that, it also counts the number of words in a document.

Cons

I find Google Docs very useful and apt. The only bad thing about it that I personally observed is that when writing a docum6on Google Docs it saves to the server only and not to the device by default, which sometimes is annoying if you are trying to access that document in absence of internet connectivity.

Not perfect as a word processor, but the gold standard for collaboration

Google Docs is the gold standard for document collaboration and sharing. You can send a link so that everyone always sees the latest file (instead of emails bouncing back and forth), you can give and get and accept feedback. Word is the better processor, but OneDrive is unreliable at best for filesharing and the collaborative features in OneDrive are just awful. For anything that will be seen by anyone but me, Google Docs is all I use.

Pros

Google Docs makes it SO easy to collaborate with others on documents, give, request, and incorporate comments, and share files that can be updated in realtime. For collaboration and sharing, Google Docs is the only platform I use.

Cons

As a word processor, it doesn't have all the great features that Word has. It's not ideal for creating a new document if you need a lot of formatting options (ESPECIALLY tables, which are a nightmare in Docs). Luckily, you can always just upload a document you've created in Word to Docs and it does a pretty good job keeping formatting.

Keep always track of any changes in your document!

The greatest thing I noticed with my experience of using Google Docs' IMO is its utility. My GMail accounts can be used to share presentations, documents, and spreadsheets. I find that these papers are fantastic because you can share them with anyone who has a Google account, which is nearly everyone in my IT departement. To exchange images and videos, utilize Google Docs. Also several users in my team are allowed to edit data at the same time in one single file that's awesome .

Pros

My document changes are monitored, including time and editor information. You can simply go back to an earlier revision to see who made changes and when! If you don't reboot or restart your computer after spilling coffee on it, or dropping it off a bridge, your data will be protected. Isn't it marvelous to be able to record meetings? Prepare for each meeting with a clear plan, coordinating all activities...

Cons

Printing from Google Docs isn't as simple as printing from Microsoft Office. Printing web pages includes document headers and footers. Google Docs offers many formatting options, including page/paragraph indent, sub/superscript, and formatting tools for creating headers and footers. Include URLs and photographs. Making envelopes or labels in Google Docs is pointless. Also, to edit a Google Doc, it must be in that format. Don't send a Word document with fancy formatting! Google must first update their existing publications. You may lose design, fonts, and formatting. These files can be reloaded into Word or Excel, but not exactly.

Simple and Effective Word Processing

I have used Google Docs to manage work at both personal and team level. The feature that I enjoyed most was the freedom of using any device at any time with no syncing problems.

Pros

Google docs is simple, yet effective word editing application for cross-platform use. On Android devices, it works perfectly without bugs and I consider it most effective amongst its competitors. It is also easy to use because the tool bars are placed and grouped neatly without confusion, even for beginners. It has a voice typing feature which is so effective and convenient. You can type an entire...

Cons

On android, Google docs has difficulty displaying the exact fonts and styles from a document edited on word. The Addons eom android don't really make the difference with regards to document editing.

Google Docs Review

Overall, I really love using Google docs. It keeps me on track, and keeps me working quickly, efficiently, and it keeps me motivated... especially because I'm an extremely fast typer. I love that if I need to quickly take a note, I just have to plug google.com/docs and I'm ready to immediately type, and it will automatically be saved for me.

Pros

The best thing I like about Google Docs is the ease of access to it. I like that if I need to hurry up and pull up a blank document to type up some fast notes, I can do that with no problems. I also like that Google Docs automatically saves what I typed up, so if I accidentally close out of the tab, all I need to do is re-open google docs, and my document will be right there in front of me again.

Cons

I don't think Google Docs has enough templates. I think it would be great to see more business management documents. I do however, really like the already existing ones they offer, however I'd really like to see and be able to use more templates in the future. I also don't like that I can't easily switch from google account to google account so that I can type up a google document within the correct Google account. That gets extremely frustrating sometimes.

Best Software When You Talk About Writing

There is no denying that, it is not possible for me to live a single day without google docs. In a nutshell, my overall experience is amazing with this software.

Pros

Not every software or tool is specially designed to assist you in your writing project. Thanks to Google Docs, as it is one of the must-have tools for every writer. One of the major benefits of this tool is it is completely cloud based. So, I can access my documents literally from anywhere in the world. Besides, the share option is pretty much helpful as I can instantly share my files with my team members. On top of that, I have the control on the permission of the files which is so much helpful for me. “Google Docs” is faster and writing on it is smooth. Literally, it has everything I need for my writing related projects.

Cons

However, still there are some rooms for improvement. First of all, I am not fully satisfied with their customer support. If they can improve the response time, it would be so much helpful for me. Another con is working on cloud based software is little bit risky if you don’t have a stable internet connection.

Google Docs - The Ubiquitous Word Processor

I have spent over many years working on Google Docs, and I have never had a difficulty using it. Since it could be sometimes complicated to use, the QnA portal of Google Docs always has an answer. The feature support of having plug-ins on Google Docs, makes an amazing experience of using word processors that I have not seen before.

Pros

It's available on literally every platform, the base condition being the platform should have a web browser. The fact that Google Docs is just a web app, it makes it easier to read documents online, rather than having another word processor open in another window. There are also mobile apps for the same, making editing documents go mobile.

Cons

Being a robust web app, Google Docs lacks the formatting powers that many offline local word processors have. Either Google Docs lacks the features, or it makes it difficult to format which could have been done by a few button clicks on an offline word processor. Another issue is that Google Docs relies heavily on a stable network connection. In case of no connectivity, one cannot easily access the docs (unless they have turned on offline sync).

Reemplazo de word

Realmente desde que conocí Google documents me emocioné mucho, por todas las herramientas que vi que se pueden utilizar, ahora la mayoría de los trabajos los realizo ahí, por el buen desempeño que realiza la app. Siento que es muy dinámica y útil para realizar cualquier proyecto.

Pros

Lo que más me impacta de este desarrollador es que puedes realizar todo tipo de trabajos en documentos de texto con elementos visuales e imágenes como en Word, pero debo reconocer que esta tiene muchas más ventajas al momento de hacer trabajos grupales o necesitar una ayuda de alguien, ya que al compartir el link que contiene tu archivo, todas las personas que quieras pueden entrar a ver, ya sea a...

Cons

Creo que podría mejorar la opción de que se le pueda hacer zoom a la página por medio del teclado táctil, no solo dándole clic necesariamente a porcentajes que aparecen en la barra de tareas, ya que se pierde mucho tiempo, y el usuario lo que busca es la comodidad y él mismo poder ajustarlo al tamaño que quiera sin instrucciones, otro factor que creo debe mejorar es, que cuando alguna persona entre...

Simply The Best

Overall my experience has been excellent. Just a couple small annoyances but thats it and Google Docs has been FAR better than Pages or Word. Its much faster and easier to use and has become an essential tool for all of my businesses.

Pros

I have switched between Pages, Word, and Google Docs a lot yet Google Docs is always the easiest to use, easiest to figure out a problem if I have one (which is rare), the fastest to load documents, never slows down my computer (even though I have a new MacBook Pro), and is hands down the best when it comes to collaboration. Running a digital marketing agency we use Google Docs for just about everything and its flexibility and ease of use has become vital for us. I think one of my favorite features is the quick navigation on the left as well. That has made Google Docs my go-to for creating large documents and especially for any kind of training document for my team.

Cons

I think the only real con for me is the file organization. There may be a better way to do it, it may be user error but thats my only real con. The only other thing I can think of is just how Google works when you have multiple accounts. I run multiple businesses and I can't figure out Googles logic for what account it keeps me logged in to. So when I open a document someone sends me it will automatically add it to a Google account but it will add it to random ones and most of the time its not the account I want it added to and I can't figure it out because I have one account I use BY FAR the most yet it always defaults to one I rarely use.

Better than desktop alternatives

We use Google Docs instead of Microsoft Word for all of our document generation needs. We often collaborate in the same document when making offers for our clients, which not only improves our efficiency, but saves us valuable time as well. It is the best way to handle document generation that I found so far and, unless they make it a subscription based app, I will keep on using it as my main text processing software.

Pros

All of it is online. All I need to generate documents is internet access. It saves me hundreds of dollars a year just in Office subscription. It is truly a great tool.

Cons

Some options are missing from it, but that is to be expected from a web-based app. The only thing I dislike is how hard it is to open the documents generated in Google Docs through other software. I could not find the option to save the documents automatically as once of the more popular formats.

Google Docs Review

As a writer, I used to convert word docx into epub format using online convertors. But with Google docs, there is an in-built option to export your word doc as an epub file. This saves a lot of time and money for me. Overall, using Google docs for my projects has been a great experience. No lags, very fast, easy to use and highly efficient in getting the work done.

Pros

As a Content writer, Google docs greatly enhances my workflow due to it's easy to use interface and easy acessibility of project files. You can get the hang of it on the very first day of use. Its not clouded with so many toolbars and has a very simple layout. This makes it very straightforward to use. One major feature I love about Google docs is the fact that I can access and work on my projects...

Cons

Unlike most word processors which are offline, Google docs is online and requires internet connection to be able to work. This is might come as a con for people who might not have access to the internet all the time. So no internet means no access to your files.

Google Docs, Better than the Rest

My overall experience with Google Docs has been very very positive. I don't think we will be switching any time soon!

Pros

Google Docs provides an experience like no other. As most people are concerned, Google is pretty much integrated into everything we do in today's society. Google Docs allows my company to deploy documents and important media to our clients without an issue. Theres no other company I would trust with my day-to-day operations.

Cons

What I did not enjoy and least like about Google Docs is the customer support. Customer support is usually outsourced to a third-party vendor which incurs delays in responses. I wish they would address this and add more support personnel, but for the cost, you cant beat it.

Google Docs ROCKS!!!!!

Google Docs is my go-to program for almost every project I work on for the work I do- from fliers advertising businesses, making meme-type posts to advertise on social media, writing articles... it's just so easy to work in. Inserting photos from my files, or searching on the web and being able to insert them straight into the document. Inserting tables with ease, even if rows and columns need to be added or taken away. I like that I have the option to download my work into several different file types, too. There's also a HUGE variety of fonts. Love it!!!

Pros

What I love most about this app is that I can open all kinds of files, anything that I can't open on my computer because I don't have the right software installed. A close second is the ability to access Docs anywhere.

Cons

I do not like the menu. The icons are small and it's easy to accidentally press the wrong button or hit the wrong combination of keystrokes and change the menu into tiny icons with no explanations.