Google Docs Reviews

Google Docs

Online document creation and editing

Google Docs

Review Summary

Pros

There are a couple things I like about Goole Docs. I like that it is 100% free and easy to use, as well as give me the opportunity to collaborate with Others.

Lakeia J.

I absolutely love that I can easily share the documents with anyone from anywhere. It makes collaboration super easy especially with the comment and edit options that are integrated in Google docs.

Tashfia F.

It's the simplicity and the wealth of tools in one place. I can create all kinds of documents, store them in a single location, and collaborate with teams with good version controls.

Mike H.

Cons

Again, my only negative after years of use is the lack of fonts. Aside from that this software is incredible.

Daniel C.

It could be confusing for some users who are unfamiliar with it at the start but that is only if they have limited experience working with technology. No glaring flaws come to mind.

Anastasia S.

This is tough, It is a love hate relationship. If your network connection sucks, your access sucks.

Ken J.

16,571

5,148

Google Docs: Great for Personal, Business, and Educational needs

I find that the best thing Google Docs has done for me is saved time and headaches. I am able to keep track of files and data, all the time knowing that it is taken care of and won't ever be deleted. I don't have to worry about a computer crash or anything of the sort. Google keeps things organized and efficient.

Pros

I love how you can customize your storage for whatever use you need. Pictures, text, audio, it can all find a home. Personally, I use Drive everywhere, and the fact that I can take it anywhere is very convenient. I can access files anywhere I have a computer or my phone. For my work I use drive with my students. They can submit their own files to me for assignments and I can grade them using Drive in concert with Google Classroom. It is seamless and saves so much time.

Cons

I feel like the only thing this service could do better would be an easier way to find and locate files within the drive system. Sometimes it takes a little too long to track down a particular file or folder. I think part of that is because I am used to a 'desktop' format and this is not set up in that way.

Create docs and content everywhear.

I use Google Docs to write to my clients anywhere because I can access the software on my mobile device and my computer desktop, so this is great. I can write all my text services and get the freedom to create anytime because I can connect with Google Docs any time I want. Google Docs is a simple tool to create and edit docs for my clients. Google Docs is part of my writing/editing services and also is a great partner for every person who wants to create and edit documents around the world.

Pros

The most important thing is Google Docs is easy to use, and you can access your Docs from any device with your Google account. With Google Docs, I can write my screenplays, advertising copy's, and so much more. I can have access to my texts all time. The features of the text editor are simple to find on the Google Docs layout. Google Docs help my job a lot because it is free to use, so no costs are added to use this software. I love the connection with Grammarly on Google Docs because, with this connection, I can improve my writing skills and delivery better docs to my clients.

Cons

I miss the presence of one PDF editor feature on Google Docs. They have how to download the docs in the PDF version, but we can not edit the PDF directly to the archive. That is the only thing I miss in my business with Google Docs because I have clients who only want our services in PDF format, like screenplays in this case.

Confusing users nomenclature and display...and at times, terrifying!

It definitely is a decent solution to collaborative document editing, but could be improved to ensure a more secure experience, without inconveniencing the users.

Pros

Comprehensive, works with text docs and spreadsheets, provides essential features consistent with Microsoft Office applications. Integration with Slack is OK but confusing. I seem to have to click through several links before I get to the actual Google Doc whenever I click a link in Slack.

Cons

I'm not a fan of auto-save in general. It leaves me feeling insecure, and wondering if a doc has been saved. Some additional indication of saving would be appreciated, ideally displaying when a doc is saved, and the last time it was saved. Or even add a Save button for those who feel better having one. But this is minor. The one thing that actually freaked me out during a session was a mysterious...

Positive and negative of Google Docs.

Overall, the Google Docs is a great document because it checks if my grammar is correct or not. The Google Docs have auto saving so good for me the reason is I will easily forget to save my work then the Google Docs will save for me all the time. It's helpful for people who will easily forget to save their work.

Pros

In the Google Docs the most useful is they can auto save the document on the Google Drive without USB and allow multi users to work in the same document then finish, discuss on the Google Docs. Therefore, for the business, Education (students, teacher and instructor )and Family could help them have a good efficiency and easier to finish the work together, it helps Google Docs users to save a lot of time on saving documents and discussing in the work. Google Docs is a great platform to save user's time in the work.

Cons

The Google Docs is a good document platform but has some little not convenient for the Google user. For example, The Google Docs's menu title of the menu bar is rendered in plain text, making it difficult to separate it from the rest of the Google Docs interface. While the user finds that menu bar, clicking on one of those items creates a menu, but it's hard to tell the text from the Google Docs background. Menu has no shadow thus it blends in with the page when the user is working on.

Our favorite collaboration tool for team documents

We need to collaborate on documents in real-time and then be able to share them with others. This is much easier and faster than storing documents on a local drive and then sending versions back and forth.

Pros

The collaboration tool set of Google Docs is the easiest to use we have come across. You can give editing permissions to your team, and then all work on the same document at once without editing over each other. This is because you can always see who else is in the document and exactly where in the document they are working, in real time.

Cons

Sometimes it's confusing if someone sends a document invite to a non-Gmail account, and the non-Gmail account has trouble accessing it. So it's best if everyone uses a Gmail account to edit. Also, a small gripe I have is that the cursor indicating your collaborators' current place in the document covers up punctuation like periods and commas. So if I am copy editing, I have to ask my team to move their cursor to make sure the punctuation is correct.

Manejo y guardado de documentos en linea

Me ha facilitado enormemente la labor al realizar cuentas o redactar informes, ya sea solo o en conjunto con otras personas, también guardar archivos multimedia para compartirlos con otras personas, o poder disponer de manera más rápida en otros dispositivos. Además de la comodidad en la realización de encuestas, y su manejo de datos con como se presenta las respuesta, resulta una alternativa extremadamente cómoda, para que el medio para realizar estas cosas, no sea una molestia.

Pros

Es una muy buena manera y cómoda de compartir archivos guardar en línea, además de ser gratuito. Y tiene muchas opciones para compartirlo, además de contar con una gran cantidad de atributos para editar los archivos, sin tener que descargarlos (y en paralelo a otros usuarios).

Cons

Administrar los permisos de compartidos masivos en carpetas me confunde, ya que no se logran otorgar ciertos permisos que si esperaba (teniendo a veces que otorgar al interior de sub-carpetas, permisos uno por uno).

Documents made easy

Google documents grammar correction, spell check is by-far second to none.

Pros

Google documents in my honest assessment, are the best-kept secret when it comes to writing, editing, and creating written material.

Cons

Google Docs needs an actual desktop app that can function without internet.

A worthy software for business purpose.

Overall I am satumisfied with the software. Its simple, not highly complex to use and does most of the work well.

Pros

I it a very user friendly app and it has some great features for editing and making documents. Google docs serves the purpose right. It can be used to generate various types of documents even CVs and and Resumes which are cool.

Cons

It has less editing and design elements and is simpler than its alternatives. Aometimes its not a good thing when we require a great looking document.

Google Docs for the self employed

Pros

Google docs is very versatile. Most of my blog posts are written on google docs then transferred to my page. It is very easy & user friendly to start with.

Cons

In my work I am constantly changing platforms. While changing from google docs to other platforms there are times when fonts are lost or changed, altering the state of the piece.

VERY USEFUL PRODUCT

Definitely benefited from having google docs in my life I will never go back to Word.

Pros

Very easy to use I made most of my resumes with it and it is my go to for most documents.

Cons

Just needed more useful add ons but by and far I really like Google docs I like anything that google makes.

Google Docs is a Vital Component for Organizations of Any Size

I've used Google Docs for every aspect of my life. I use it for budgeting, tracking my work progress, storing documents for my Toastmasters Club, storing my auto repair records, etc. I use Google Docs daily and it's great for working with other colleagues on projects. They can easily access the documents as long as they have an internet connection. I

Pros

Google Docs is FREE, easy to navigate and allows for collaboration from others, whether they have a gmail account or not. Google docs offers storage space for documents as well as creating various document types that can be downloaded or uploaded into this space. You can upload documents like excel, word, powerpoint into Google Docs or you can create a google sheet (excel form), doc (word form) or...

Cons

I have no cons about Google Docs. I think this is the free version of Microsoft documents and it's easy to access from anywhere in the world at any time, so long as you have an internet connection.

Details

I use it a lot, I really like it, I can have my documents everywhere, which is VERY usefull, I can share them with other people and I don't need to have my computer with me to do that, or to edit a file. Really good app!

Pros

I love how you can work with other people on the same document. Even at the same time. That is absolutely great, and it has saved me a lot of time. I make summaries with friends to study then from there, I make things for the university with them and we don't have to be uploading the file updated all the time. This is a feature that gives Google docs a huge advantage over other options.

Cons

The first one is that the last time I created a file, I needed to share it with some friends, so I sent them the link and made it open for everybody so that I wouldn't have to receive an email later to allow every one of them in. But then they started to make changes and everything appeared as anonimous, I loved the animals, made me laugh a lot, but I needed to know who had made some of the changes...

Good option for team work

My overall experience has been good, one just need to know the limitations of this software. I would say that it is the best when you have to collaborate with a group of people to edit or update a single document. I personally use it a lot for our weekly scorecard review in which each department has to update their metrics.

Pros

The product is easy to use no doubt. What I like the most is that it can be updated in real time by different members of the team.

Cons

this platform natural competitor is Microsoft Word. I've been using Microsoft Word for so long that I'm very use to all its macros and cool features and Google Docs is still far from what word can do

Google Docs Review - Best software to share data easily

I have been using Google Docs for ages, probably since it's inception. I like the new features they include regularly. It can be used as an official intra-office software by small companies and self employed people like me. My overall experiences with the software is very satisfactory. Excellent!

Pros

1. Ease of Use. Just click on Google Docs and a very proficient editor opens up. It is more or less like word. But, data stored here can be shared with several people. I am a web content writer. It often write my content in Google Docs and share it with my clients through the Get Link option. I add different clients for different projects and share data with them effortlessly. No more worrying about...

Cons

1. It is a bit hard to understand in the beginning. The layout is more or less similar to word. But, the sharing options took some time to figure out. But, they are quite easy and Google had provided useful videos on using them. Likewise a few activities like language options, downloading various other format files into google docs seemed tricky at the beginning. New users can easily get overwhelmed and switch back to good old word document. 2. Google docs come with loads of better features than Word like direct facility to publish to web, easy formatting and adding shortcut to the drive. But, many are not aware of such facilities. More advertisement videos will help.

The document editor that lets you truly share.

Google Docs is an everyday item for a user like me. Whether it be a group project, or sharing ideas, it's been extremely useful especially with the various sharing types such as view only, commenting, and full editing access. Showing lifetime edits as they're being made as well as access to the history of editing and who made the edits is a lifesaver, and cannot ever be undermined. I have had great experiences working with google docs so far, and hope to continue to have them as time passes.

Pros

Having been a Google Docs user since 2011, I can with utmost confidence say that it is by far the easiest software to use in order to share a text document with your colleagues, fellow students, and even strangers if need be. With the ease of link sharing, google account sharing, and its integration with Google Drive it is by far the easiest, and most superior word editing software from a collaboration standpoint. Docs have the ability to have "add-ons" which is extremely helpful for very niche tasks. It's has a simple and straightforward interface and options bar makes it a breeze to use for new and unfamiliar users.

Cons

There are definitely some features that would make the software more seamless, but with the option to find and add additional add-ons it can hardly be seen as a con. One major option that would be helpful to be added is an onscreen word count. There is a built-in tool to see word count and character count, but there is no way to have it constantly on-screen as a user is typing.

For all your online Word sharing needs!

My overall experience with Google Docs has been a pleasant one where I've enjoyed using this software for any simple tasks such as sharing my tutorial notes, helping students with any questions they have in the weekly questionnaires or any other document sharing needs I have. It's a great application that anyone with a simple google account can use no matter the computer they have or the software they run on it. Great for use in the university and great for use in many office workplaces I'd imagine. Highly Recommend!

Pros

Google Docs is much like Microsoft Word having access to all the features available to someone using Microsoft Office but, now available to anyone with a google account. All your documents available online and you are able to access it from any device without worrying about it's processing power or worrying about having to carry a form of storage to use the files. It's truly amazing to be able to share...

Cons

While Google Doc's does have alot of things to love about it such as it's ease of use and how anyone with just a google account can use it there are some downsides that come with being just a browser based application. A downside I have noticed with this application has been pointed out to me recently by a few colleagues and that's it's overly simple formatting. While for most simple tasks this should perform excellently however, it lacks some power. Whenever I try do anything complex such as; create pamphlets, brochures, large EEI's or peer reviewed studies with lengthy and complex data it becomes a hassle to use this app as it just doesn't have the capability to do so.

SIMPLE TO IMPLEMENT

I have very simple needs when it comes to word processing, but I need access when I need it. Google Docs allows me to relax because it's a tool that is available to me on demand in the way that I operate.

Pros

I am a sole proprietor with my own massage practice. Since I already use many Google products (Gmail, Google Fi, Duo, Drive, Maps, Photos) it was nice to have something very accessible and intuitive that's already linked to the accounts I'm already using. I have different email accounts for personal or business use as well as a separate work cell. When I'm away from my laptop or out for the day with...

Cons

I really haven't run into anything that's "stumped" me, but I'm also using it for super simple, basic word processing or letter writing.

It's Word, but Online!

Google Docs has made it exponentially easier to collaborate. With the push to teach and work from home, this has been especially valuable because it makes it feel as though there is no distance between my my collaborative group. Although I was using Docs before the need to switch to online work, I especially appreciate it now. And I appreciate that it is FREE.

Pros

Google Docs is by far one of my favorite software programs to use. It's everything you love about Microsoft Word from the convenience of the internet! Honestly, once I started using it, I was like, "Where has this been all my life"?! It makes it easy to share word documents, especially since not everyone has Microsoft Word on their computer. Another positive feature, as is the case with all things...

Cons

There are a few things that take a little bit of time to get used to. For example, the right click feature is basically disabled, so you need to know keyboard shortcuts for things like copy and paste. Also, the help feature sometimes misses the mark, but what online help forum doesn't sometimes?

Google Docs is essential!

Google Docs is incredibly well thought out and we really appreciate the ease of use. We love that the programs are so well integrated and able to be used within an account or specifically shared to another. The Google Docs platform has allowed our company to really customize what we give to each of our educators who then facilitates our programs to individual groups.

Pros

When we began using Google Docs it helped streamline so many of our daily activities. Our science educators teach and implement the customized programs we develop to students at multiple locations every day, with different computers at every school site. Our company is able to create our custom curriculum using Google Documents, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Photos and more. Our business decided...

Cons

The fact that our educators have to access Google Docs on multiple computers daily we occasionally run into the issue of an educator forgetting to log out of Google Docs. This puts any file associated with that Google Doc account at risk. So our suggestion would be to create a way for Google Docs to auto log out when the program hasn't been used for a set amount of time, specified by the user.

Very few flaws, powerful when used as intended!

Overall, my experience with Google Docs has been very positive. I come from the days of having to buy the entire MS Office suite (before they went mostly SaaS) in order to stay relevant with business-oriented organizational needs. Nowadays, Google Docs and its associated software allows for a free, nearly-complete package that will allow nearly all small and mid-range businesses to conduct their work successfully, with enhanced sharing abilities across all platforms.

Pros

I love the fact that Google Docs is easily accessible from anywhere, and I love the sheer number of plugins and integrations available. MS Word is still my go-to for more intense document creation where I need to really worry about the finicky details, but Google Docs is far and away easier and quicker to use for 99% of all cases, to say nothing about the level of interconnectivity with its other offerings.

Cons

It's a minor annoyance, but it can be non-trivial to copy and paste between different programs. For instance, when writing tech manuals, I tend to use Scrivener as a way to keep very disparate sections separate, and to track wordcounts in a more powerful way. Copying and pasting between that program and Google Docs will often cause you to lose out on a lot of formatting, regardless of whether or not you opt to paste with full formatting. Other than that, and the occasional bug that results from transferring data from GDocs to MS Word, I can't say I've had many other issues.

Great for Cross-Platform Word Processing

I use Google Docs to create all our written documents, editing, commenting, sharing, and exporting to pdf. Being cloud-based, it's easy to send documents around the world and work on them wherever you have an internet connection. The only time I won't use it is for complex documents like pamphlets, documents that need novel design, or anything that requires an app like Pages or In-Design. My team loves the simultaneous editing feature, which allows our team to work on a document together remotely.

Pros

I generally dislike using the web apps, but in the case of Google Docs I acquiesce because it gives me cross-platform functionality. I work with employees and business owners, each of which have their preferred word processor. That means I have to do the work of managing Pages documents, txt files, and Word docs–which takes valuable time. By using Google Docs, I have documents in one editor, with little fuss. Plus, I can keep it all organized in Drive or export to my software word processor if I want more functionality. By far, I love Google Docs for the cross-platform ease.

Cons

Google Docs is a browser-based app, so it doesn't have the power or capability of a software Word Processor (like Pages or Word). As long as I need simple formatting, I can use gDocs, but when I need a brochure, report, or the like, I have to turn to my installed software. Also, being in the web/cloud, there's a certain level of trust you have to give to Google to keep your data secure. If you're not one to trust the cloud, using a cloud-based word processor may not be for you.

Google doc review

Overall my experience with Google dock is amazing it’s a simple to use system that is easily of assessable and shareable. Whatever Google Docs does not have it has the function to create add-ons to my drive. Google Docs off-line function that allows you to use Google docs even with out Internet ensures that deadlines will always be met and that the work will always be saved. Google docs his ability to transfer items from one phone into a shared system makes it easy for access to go between different types of system. I would honestly recommend Google docs for any business or media company.

Pros

I love how simple docs to us. Google docs allows you to use all the functions of word with the online ability to ensure that your work will always be saved. Google docs offline usage now makes it perfect for the on late night train rides where I am told to come up with With assignments on a deadline being without signal. Google Docs and surety that my work will still be saved ensures that deadlines will still be meet. Also how simple Google Docs is to use in transferring photos into Google Docs is amazing.

Cons

The only thing I don’t like about Google Doc is how hard it can be to share outside of gmail. But google docs app ability to make files into pdf or document are a short solution to that issue.

Frequently recommend this to coworkers

Pros

Google Docs has all the features of Microsoft Word but costs nothing. Available to anyone with a Google account, Google Docs allows you to access your document from any device without having to carry around a flash drive. You can make adjustments to your paper from your phone or start a paper at a local library then finish it from your home computer with no extra effort. Google Docs saves changes automatically, so you will never lose your work if you computer crashes or dies. The ability to share documents with other Google accounts is perfect for team projects. Teammates can edit or create simultaneously and can see other edits in real time . Google Docs is now the only system I use for documents.

Cons

None. Every time I have recommended this software to a coworker or friend, they have been surprised by how many features there are and how easy it is to use.

Google Docs Review

Over all, I would recommend Google Docs to anyone that asked me. I think it's awesome that you're able to have an open live document, and you can invite other people to access the open doc, and edit/revise a document together with the other person no matter what location you are at. I do this via google docs with clients and colleagues a lot. The fact that I can see what the other person is changing on the document live time while they are changing it, and they can see my activity on the document live time is seriously great and extremely productive.

Pros

I LOVE Google Hangouts! When I say that, i honestly mean this. It's one of my main tools that I use on a constant basis. What I like most about it is how easy it is to use, and how easy it is to pull it up when you're signed into your Google account. I like that it also automatically saves any document that your working on even if you close out the screen. I also like that if you do happen to...

Cons

I wish there was a way to access Google Docs offline the way I'm able to access it online. I feel like that's the only thing that could really make it better. For the fact that it's free, and that it saves the way it does, there's really nothing have to say about not liking. When I am using Google Docs, I'm online already as is.

A office solution wherever you are.

In general, google docs meets almost all of my needs, mainly document sharing and group editing. The integration with other google and android applications make google docs an indispensable tool for me today. Although I still think that other office suites have advantages over google docs, in the general assessment, google docs is still my first choice.

Pros

What i like most about google docs is the possibility to edit my files anywhere and be able to share them in a simple and practical way. I also like the option to save my photos and files in the cloud without having to worry about disk space on my pc. I also like the option of doing everything on the same platform and integrating my documents with goolgle tools. Best of all, I don't have to pay for it.

Cons

What I don't really like is the dependency that Google Docs has on the internet. If I am in a place where the internet connection is faulty or insufficient, google docs become impracticable. Another bad thing is that it is not always possible to have all the functions of microsoft excell or microsoft word in Google docs and this can be quite disappointing.