Google Docs Reviews

User ratings

4.7

26.2K
  • Likelihood to recommend9.22/10

See full reviews by rating

I used this majority of my way in high school, college and now the post graduate work like. It’s so easy to navigate and I LOVE IT I share documents with my colleges ans co workers it’s amazing.
Super easy to use since it's just like Microsoft Office. Great if your device doesn't have Office and you need to use the same platforms.
I love how easy it is to use and how file sharing is super integrated. The quality for the cost of the product is super.
Some options are missing from it, but that is to be expected from a web-based app. The only thing I dislike is how hard it is to open the documents generated in Google Docs through other software.
The downside of this is that someone can edit the document as you are presenting and mess with your presentation or confuse your line of thoughts.
The icons are small and it's easy to accidentally press the wrong button or hit the wrong combination of keystrokes and change the menu into tiny icons with no explanations.

Google Docs users...

SmartDocs

Microsoft Excel-logocaret
+ 38

Microsoft Excel

How would you rate Google Docs?

26,260 reviews

Julliana R.

Partner

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Inter-Orgazational Collaboration Made Easy

Transcript

Julie: Hi, I'm Julie. I'm an attorney. I give Google Docs a five. For more reviews like this, click below....

Docs in K-12

Transcript

Sarah M.: Hi, I'm Sarah. I'm a K-12 Instructional Technologist in a public school, and I give Google...

Using Google Docs for online file editing

My overall experience with Google Docs is a good one, the app haven't let me down until now, being able to create new docs, edit docs, and also read books with different formats.

Pros

I like the most the fact that I am able to use the app wherever I am, on any device that I am using (i.e. smartphone, tablet, laptop), and that the application has a lot of customization options, making my life easier, and of course, I LOVE the fact that it is free to use.

Cons

I do not have any cons regarding the software.

Happy & Helpful little app

Very good. I enjoy the product and couldn’t be happier with how it works, I would like if more people used it on the regular as it would make life easier.

Pros

I really appreciate the auto saving aspect on Google docs. Any work that is being worked on will auto save after a minute, meaning no more lost documents to crashed computers.

Cons

Sending documents to other users, or printing the work results in the document internet link being copied into the page. I personally think it looks unprofessional. If I am printing a document for a professional matter I sometimes print with other apps.

It's the new standard that imprisons us

I am committed to Google Docs, for better or worse. It's simple enough and free enough that my complaints don't warrant a change.

Pros

It's much more lightweight than Word, plus it's free. It's easy, out of the box, create a document in seconds.

Cons

I am tired of compatibility issues so I wish everyone would stick to Google Docs or Word. It is buggy, and the bugs don't get resolved. Frustrating that Google Docs text cannot be pasted into Gmail. Many of the features do not translate, such as lists with checkboxes. Seriously! Tables also copy and paste poorly.

Great software

We use Google Docs a lot for things like working on MoUs across teams, writing process guides for other teams to see, writing informal lists and action plans and much more. It's fantastic how easy it is to have multiple teams editing a document at once and to be able to see who is making which changes.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to work collaboratively through Google Docs and how easy it is to track who made what changes. I really appreciate that it's free, and that it is so easy to share docs with colleagues, other teams and other companies and to work on them together. I like that you can share as viewable when things shouldn't be edited. I like how easy it is to add comments and to tag people so they're notified. It's also great that you can easily add links to websites. It's great software.

Cons

To be honest, I don't really have any complaints. Occasionally it's a little glitchy but not problematically so. One minor thing I find quite annoying is how it feels difficult to add sub-bullet points - it seems to automatically become letters rather than smaller bullet points (like Microsoft Word allows), and then it's really difficult to get the rows to line up with each other while I try and convert the letters into bullet points. Otherwise, it's great!

Has both pros and cons

I really like that Google docs is free, unlike other softwares used for generating documents. I also love that it is cloud based, meaning you can simply login and access your documents from any laptop or computer anywhere. I like that it allows you to create and name folders to organise and manage documents. Some things I dislike is that the features within the Google document can be a little confusing and difficult to get a hang of. Other softwares used for producing documents are easier to use. There are still some features I don’t know how to utilise on Google docs!

Pros

I love that the software is free, unlike other softwares used for generating documents. I also love that it is cloud based, meaning you can simply login and access your documents from any laptop or computer anywhere. I like that it allows you to create and name folders to organise and manage documents

Cons

The features within the Google document can be a little confusing and difficult to get a hang of. Other softwares used for producing documents are easier to use

Love love best thing ever!

I had a wonderful experience

Pros

The real time saving and it keeping the quality of anything imported.

Cons

I still have problem being creative with tables I wish they revisit the table section a bit more. I want to be creative when making tables. Sometimes when u open the file again it can shift. I hope they look into that

Docs is necessary for mobile

I think it is very good product for portable devices, Easy to use and make your documentation much easier to manage and handle.

Pros

It is very likely to MS word of Microsoft, And also gives you all of the features of MS word in your portable device. And it is very easy to handle and manage.

Cons

Some of the tools are missing like you can not see page breaks and the formatting options are less diversified.

Google Docs make your work easier

Pros

The most exciting feature is that it is live. Whatever we do a file on google docs can be viewed by others who have access to that file and is very easy in explaining during presentations, of real time meetings, without having to type elaborate emails explaining insights about a document.

Cons

I love everything about this tool. It excellent

The best for remote collaboration work

Pros

The most important feature is its ability to work together with my team remotely. It is very easy to compile ideas or meeting minutes so that everyone in the team can see and correct if necessary. We are sure to be on the same page at all time. As a manager I also love the feature that allows me to see who's been spending time in working on the document. I have been using google docs since my college years and will continue to use it.

Cons

It needs users to have google account. Otherwise, it would by anonymous and sometimes I'd be confused who is accessing the documents.

Glad I made the switch

Pros

Easy to use. Widely accessible, which makes accessing my files anywhere very easy.

Cons

Could use a few more import/export options.

Amazing overall score

Although we only have a staff of 10, it was easy to get everyone to use Google Docs. Everyone was happy to leave behind fees associated with the old service. As we've grown it's became more important that I can access documents from anywhere, to access Google Docs all you need to do is sign in. It doesn't even matter if I forgot a device on the plane or at home (which most of us have done at some point) Overall it's amazing!

Pros

Google Docs has a robust free version. I had no problem setting up or using Google Docs, I had no problem sharing documents. They're stored in Google Drive which is also free. Auto-save is what I love the most. I often get distracted by a call or have to get up from my desk, the document is automatically saved without me doing anything and I can go back and see previous versions of the document.

Cons

Google Docs needs an internet connection, and sometimes I do worry just a little bit that I'm at risk of a data breach, although it hasn't happened so far. Google Docs does have a few limitations that other platforms don't have, like formatting documents.

FREE software to do your work - no more wasting money to get money.

Just amazing. Free of charge, lets me do my work by the comfort of my home, helps me improve my work, when i have colleagues commenting and adding up suggestions, feeds my hobbies (writing novels), and overall is just easy to use. All of us workers know that the least we want is to have to learn how to go about a software of difficult usage, for work porpuses. I am already working, not having the best time of my life, the last thing i need is to have extra problems with the app im using. There is no worries of that sort with Google Docs. Safe, FREE, easy to use, productive, helpful, and overall, unproblematic.

Pros

That there was an unexpensive - FREE way, to have all my work done, all my writing (personal hobbie) done, without having further costs by having to buy Word, or Ppt. Its just not worth spending your savings and earnings on something that will enable you to do the job you are paid to do. Google Docs has been a life saver. Internet access is something I thankfully do not have a problem with, so it was just a no brainer to not be using this software. And i have been doing it from the confort of my home, for the longest time.

Cons

I mean, maybe the fact that it is only available online. But then again, while doing it online you have the safety of having your file updated at all times, dispite any shutdown/malfunction on your device, so I would say that it is not something to complain about when it also does have its reasoning.

Functional and easy to use, but lacking in features

Google docs did serve its intended purpose successfully (document generation and editing). We were able to produce professional documents, easily store and share them, all for free. We were also able to collaborate remotely with ease, saving time and improving our productivity.

Pros

The main pro is that this is a Google product, that means it's going to be easy to use for most people. Like other Google products, it can be synced with your account and accessed from all of your devices. It's also easy to use with Google drive. Sharing from Google docs is easy which aids in productivity. I love being able to search Google without leaving Google docs too, that's so helpful! The price is another big pro. There's no question that Microsoft word is better software but Google docs is a functional solution for people who need access to free document generation and editing.

Cons

Google docs needs more templates and more options across the board! Again Google docs is functional but it's lacking in advanced features. The presentation program is very limited and does not meet our needs at times.

Google Docs an excellent collaboration tool

Google Docs is without a doubt one of the best, if not the best, collaboration tools in the world. In addition to the office suite, there are many other integrated tools that streamline the management of a company.

Pros

Even in the free version, it is already possible to use advanced resources for collaboration and document management.

Cons

I still haven't found anything that discredits any part of this tool.

Docs is the way to go

This is Free! My business is getting and utilising Docs heavily on using Docs. We love it and have not looked back once as it more than meets our needs.

Pros

The thing I like most about Google Docs is the clear integration into all Google account services and Android devices. The ability to create and edit documents, then share and collaborate is essential to my business and we have become fully assimilated into the Google services such as Docs and Drive.

Cons

As the docs are stored within Google Drive, the folders you create are kept in Google Drive. I would like to see the folders when I access Google Docs and be able to drag and drop or save into and out of those folders.

La mejor opción para compartir contenidos

Una experiencia fantástica ya que muchas veces al no encontrarme en mi estación de trabajo puedo seguir trabajando desde cualquier terminal independiente donde me encuentre, lo que facilita en flujo de los poryectos,

Pros

Sobre todo el acceso a la plataforma, es una herramienta completamente democrática libre de licencias y restricciones, que permite a los usuarios compartir contenido y trabjar en grupos.

Cons

Muchas veces no está claro cuando un documento es privado, de esta forma varios de los usuarios que no están registrados no pueden acceder a los documentos. Creo que podrían mejorar un poco el interfaz en cuanto a la compartición de archivos.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Google Docs is easy and easy to access

I love Google Docs. After I had my computer hacked in January of 2018 and lost 15 years of Microsoft Word documents because not everything automatically backed up to my external hard drive, I said "never again". I completely switched to Google Docs and haven't looked back. Plus, I have never lost a Google doc that I couldn't retrieve because even if you send it to Trash, you have 30 days to get it back!

Pros

I like that I can create a Google doc and it is automatically saved to my Google Drive. I can access my files anywhere even if I'm not at my office. It's so great to be able to access from my phone!

Cons

It doesn't save versions of your document. I love the autosave feature but sometimes I want to keep an older version. The solutions is creating a "copy document" to keep an older version and a newer version.

A good text processor for high collaboration work

I started using Google Docs when I worked on a company dedicated to creative services. All scripts and writing was through Docs because it allowed us to make edits, place notes, see revision history, etc. All that during chat and meetings, saving a lot of time. I normally use Docs from the Chrome browser and also from the iPad App, which works great too. Another plus is the fact that you can work offline and your text will be saved locally, and then synchronize with the cloud as soon as you have an internet connection. Highly recommended if you're mostly a Google environment user and don't like the Microsoft Tools. It's cheaper too.

Pros

The fact that it's an online text processor, but you can also keep working without connection if you install the right Addon. All wihtout the need of another program install in your computer

Cons

Not all browsers work good, since it's designed to work on Chrome. And sometimes some Chrome updates might affect the stability

Google Docs gets better constantly

Since it was released my overall experience has been great but not amazing. The UX can be confusing. The help files are good. With a bit of search I can usually find a resolution to any support issue.

Pros

I like how they continuously add more useful features, less and less do I need to use traditional desktop word processing apps to get the same results.

Cons

The table formatting is not so good, not intuitive and less powerful controls / options than traditional desktop word processing apps.

Best Free Documentation Software... Hands Down

Pros

I love the fact that all the Google products are free. They have figured it out. I am not sure how they make money on it but it works well for my company and did since the beginning. I used Google Docs to catalog inventory, take dynamic notes with other employees on the same task and so much more. I just could not find any other alternative that has such value for free. It is truly an amazing tool.

Cons

It seems like it was missing deeper features that I rarely used, such as things I am not even sure what they are called. There is little that I dislike about Google Docs. I almost feel like it is "too simple." Like there should be more of a menu bar like Microsoft Word. It just doesn't allow for much deeper editing, like writing a book. I am currently writing a book and opted not to use Google Docs because I wanted deeper features like text wrapping and to be able to zoom out and see multiple pages at once, like I can do in Apple's, Pages.

Daily necessary app for documentations

In one word I can say, it saves my time, I can easily create document files and start work from anywhere, by using the autosaving option, I never have to worry about saving, besides I can easily able to use from any device, collaboration with my team mates is very usefully to me. all documents can easily share with my group members. Integration with other Google products and 3rd party ap saves my time, which increases productivity.

Pros

Basically, Google DOCs is a Free tool, unlike Microsoft office can use it from anywhere, Beside it did not cost me any money. Real-time collaboration and syncing are very perfect from my end, any teammate can also work at the same time with us. Saving the changes is automatic, the chance of losing data is not here. I can easily access my documents from any remote place with my mobile and laptop. Software integration with other Google products is a productive option for us.

Cons

Comparing with MS Word, Google Docs has some missing features option, it very hard to create in Google docs, and all the icons in Docs is little small, For the first couple of time its not ideal for me. After using some time I get used to it.

Best Word Processing for Collaborating with Team Members

My experience with Google Docs has been very good actually. The good definitely outweighs the bad and I use it mostly for the convenience. Since it is integrated with Google Drive, I can access my documents across my devices very quickly and that is the most important thing to me as I travel a lot and love to pack lightly (I refuse to carry a heavy laptop everywhere I go just to access my documents), so it just works perfectly for me honestly.

Pros

The ability to edit a document with your group/ team members in real time while actually seeing every single update is undeniably the most unbeatable feature that Google Docs has to offer. As a recent graduate, while in school and having group assignments, there was no other word processor that I'd turn to for this feature because Google Docs does it best, and it's a great way to see everyone's productivity...

Cons

The biggest con for me, using Google Docs, is that certain actions are a bit laborious. For example, if I want to create a text box, I have to use the drawing feature which prompts me to a different window to edit the box. That's honestly too much work, especially when time is against you.

Google Docs

Google Docs is an excellent document software, and I love it for the accessibility it provides by saving files on the servers which is very useful for students and researchers who use different computers o other devices at home and on campus to access their files.

Pros

Google Docs is a light weight but powerful document manager read or write documents. It is available to everyone without any fee and is compatible with all computer and smartphone operating systems. It is by default integrated with Google Drive due to which your files automatically saves on Google servers, hence enabling you to access them from anywhere on any device provided you have internet connectivity. Also it is completely compatible with MS Word, thus you can easily share files among them. It also auto saves what you as you write therefore you don't have to worry if your software or device encountere any intteruption. Along with that, you can easily format text, document, use autocorrect and other prominent word features in it.

Cons

As the files are saved to the server by default, and if you haven't saved an offline copy to your device, it can be a problem sometimes if you need a document in absence of internet connectivity. So it needs to save the file both to the device and Google drive by default.

Google Document Review

For many years I have been writing with pen and paper. But I often find it very boring because I have to sit in an algebraic position to be able to blog. But I found Google Docs, and I was able to blog and complete some tasks right before bed, and I no longer have to sit or be afraid of papers being lost or damaged.

Pros

• easy to use Anyone, even if their knowledge of technology is weak or modern, can deal with Google Docs in a very smooth and easy way. There is nothing complicated for new people at all. • easy to format I do not hide a secret from you. I have been used many applications in blogging. Coordination was causing me suffering because I could not get a coordinated or official form. But I never found this...

Cons

• Searches Of the problems that I encountered in Google Docs, I have more than 250 blogs, when I search for something, sometimes I find it difficult • Sharing When I share very large files to a social media, the blog does not reach its full form (the blog is incomplete )

Google Drive is made to ease people's lives

Overall, I love using Google Doc as it provided me the best experience when using it. Features like auto-save, document and notes management are so well-established and easy to use. In fact, I can access my files anywhere and anytime as long I have internet connection on my phone or desktop. Worry no more when I need to work in group, as Google Doc can be accessed by many users in one time.

Pros

This software is so easy, simple and straightforward to use. I believe all of my friends can get used to this software effortlessly. In fact, my friends and I use Google Doc for most of our works, assignments and note making. This software does provide its user with so many features that are so useful and crucial. For example, the collaboration tools like 'word and grammar suggestion' that work smoothly and automatically. I simply just need to tap right click on my mouse, and the suggestion words will appeared. Other than that, by using Google Doc, file sharing is no longer a problem as I can share my files with just simply generate a link. Then, my colleagues can access the files. They can edit, view, or comment the shared files, depending on the setting that I have set earlier.

Cons

I may have some minor problem when using this software for my works. The most obvious problem is, I can only add simple table in Google Docs when using it. The tables cannot be edited creatively, as it lack that feature. So, I need to use word or WPS office to insert desired design for the table, and upload that file on Google Doc. Other than that, the feature like bookmark and heading is difficult to be utilized. It might need to be improved as it is so important in order to manage notes, paragraph and files systematically. It also can help user to find particular part quickly. But for now, user can use shortcut like 'Ctrl + F' to find particular word that important.