PDFelement

PDF and document management solution with OCR functionality

PDFelement Reviews

Pros

I love the ease with which I can take apart PDFs, redesign, and put them back together. It is intuitive to use, and I've enjoyed playing with the features.

Shannon S.

It helps me create fillable surveys for clients and students that makes it easy for everyone. I am pleased with the software.

Wade I.

PDFElement is my favorite PDF reader and I recommend it for all types of users, from the most basic to the most advanced.

Cons

I opened and tried to work with ONE document and the program infected every other PDF on my computer, rendering all useless as they would not open in ADOBE or WORD once I had deleted the program.

Jess T.

Stability problems dealing with larger pdfs, started getting worse when version 7 launched and the developer decided they needed more revenue. We will probably not be buying the upgrade.

Frank D.

Having to purchase 2 separate licenses is costly and one license should permit at least 2 systems or 2 systems of differing platforms. Customer support/communications: non-existinet.

Johanne L.

Great product, Greater price!!

Transcript

Cory T.: Hi, my name is Cory. I'm the president of an insurance agency in Houston, Texas here today talking...

I love this program

It has helped me be able to make brochures for the shops that carry my products. I can help them with advertising and make it work for their settings.

Pros

I love the ease with which I can take apart PDFs, redesign, and put them back together. It is intuitive to use, and I've enjoyed playing with the features! I so appreciate the helpful tips that the company sends through email as well.

Cons

I'm not that techy or design-savvy- it does exactly what I need it to do, and I don't need a lot of experience to figure it out. No cons as far as I am concerned.

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! :) We do try our best to offer the best support we can, then try improve on it more. Let us know if you need any help! We are here for you.

Review for Free Gift (prefer a Windows Version Please)

I like pdfElement. So far it's introduced no malware into my Mac like the Adobe and extensions were causing. With the exception of this survey request, I've received no replies to my questions via email to your customer support team. This is not acceptable.

Pros

I like the "page" layout that allows moving of pages within the document and inserting new pages.

Cons

1. The inability to "word search" within documents (or at least I haven't figured it out) . 2. The on screen "docusign" signature feature. I cannot figure it out and it is not user friendly to set up document signatures! Very complicated and cumbersome. 3. The inability to have one license (Mac or Windows) to serve me. I have to use 2 different operating systems (one for Mac and one for laptop WIN) in order to access each of the 34 carriers' platforms/systems. Having to purchase 2 separate licenses is costly and one license should permit at least 2 systems or 2 systems of differing platforms. 4. Customer support/communications: non-existinet

Thanks for your support and distinguished feedback. I will record and forward it to the relevant department and update this as a customized option. Any further problems or concerns, please don't hesitate to submit a ticket to http://support.wondershare.com/#/contact. The customer care team will email you a solution within 24 hours. If you didn't receive the email, you will find the email in your trash box. Could you please tell me your ticket number?

PDFelement 6 has issues

I work with PDF documents every day. I don't use a lot of the advanced features, but when I do need them, I want them to work flawlessly, intuitively and efficiently. PDF Element 6 does NOT meet those requirements.

Pros

The cost was reasonable since I purchased it on sale. It allows up to 15 tabs to be open at one time and allows multiple instances of the program to run simultaneously.

Cons

1. It doesn't retain pinned documents. After a while, they become unpinned. Tech support is of no help. They say they can't duplicate the issue and just STOPPED helping me. Now, they ignore my service tickets for help. 2. It doesn't show all the open "tabbed" documents. They tend to disappear and then reappear. 3. Conversion from PDF to a document if very poor, especially to Word. The documents...

Pleased with Software

Almost immediately I started using advance features that I did not even know existed in my previous editor. On day two I was converting my old pdf forms which took no time at all with a very small learning curve. I really enjoy this software.

Pros

The interface is a slick as it gets. Very intuitive and clean. I can hardly believe it is so pleasurable to use. Good software community forums will almost always find an answer to any questions you may have. Support was within usual norms. I did not try calling support - just email.

Cons

Lacking in really good documentation. You will need to set up your own previewer for Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Explorer. While there is a solution to this, they refuse to acknowledge it, and removed it from their blog (marked as spam) because it mentions a competitors product. When the inquiry was sent to their email support, they did not recommend the solution either just saying it is not supported. I had to find it on my own. Initially, I had removed my Adobe and had to reinstall it and make a tweak to the settings so that I could view PDF's from within those programs. I'm not sure what to do with those html files. I guess you have to put them on a server and link to them but it doesn't really tell you.

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE WITH MANY FEATURES - CUSTOMER SERVICE NEEDS IMPROVEMENT

I HAVE THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION WHICH WORKS GREAT , WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BEING ABLE TO CONTACT SOMEONE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. PLEASE IMPROVE THIS SERVICE AND OFFER A TRANSPARENT LINK FOR CONTACT SOMEWHERE ON YOUR WEBSITE.

Pros

I USE PDF ELEMENT EVERYDAY AND THE SOFTWARE IS EXCELLENT. FROM TIME TO TIME THE NEW UPDATES CONTAINED BUGS AND COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10. THE MOST FRUSTRATING PROBLEM WAS GETTING IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE TO RESOLVE OR REPORT THE PROBLEM. THERE IS NO CLEAR PATH NOR ON:LINE CHAT SERVICE AVAILABLE FOR THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE. WHEN CONFRONTED WITH THESE COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS MY ONLY OPTION WAS TO DELETE THE SOFTWARE AND REINSTALL . I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Cons

VERY FLEXIBLE EDITING PLATFORM< THIS WORKS GREAT.

PDFelement an affordable alternative to Adobe Acrobat

Adobe Acrobat stopped updating because it was not optimized for my new Mac operating system when I updated it. So I went to update it and the price 1) had gone up significantly and 2) they are trying to lock you into a monthly subscription. I was absolutely NOT interested. So I looked at PDF editor alternatives and came across PDFelement. It has been a great option for me. I create a lot of PDF forms and have to edit old documents. I am grateful to have found this product.

Pros

Affordable options for either subscription or license. Compatible with Mac. Professional options for more advanced editing of documents. Team options and ability to purchase for 20+ users.

Cons

There is a small learning curve if you are used to using Adobe Acrobat for so long. But it is a very small curve. No notable cons.

Huge Time Saver

I am solving time by being able to make a quick edit to an existing PDF form where use to have to start from square one.

Pros

Great Value compared to other platforms. Ease of use along with regular how to blogs and videos that are sent out by the company. It saves me a ton of time being able to make a simple change to the many real estate forms and brochures where I would otherwise have to start over. I think the program has improved since I first bought the lifetime option about 2+ years ago. I am glad I did so. I use their Filmora Pro for my video editing which is how I found out about this alternative to the much more expensive and harder to use Adobe program.

Cons

It can sometime be a little slow to load when you have a brochure that has a large number of high resolution photos.

Much Needed

Overall I am very happy with the product. I no longer am reliant on Adobe and was able to cancel my subscription. Saving me a few dollars every month.

Pros

The two functions I use the most: 1) Converting PDF to different extensions... Word and JPG 2) Combining PDF's and moving the pages around In publishing these 2 tools are invaluable.

Cons

So far I have not had any problems with the software. It meets all of my needs. I was disappointed when I switched to a new computer and was not able to download my PDF Element onto my new desktop. Having an online cloud version so I do not have to worry about licenses per computer would be nice. I operate off of 2 computers. One is a Mac and the other is a windows laptop.

Very easy to use and navigate

I am now able to generate sales collateral and incorporate advantages for as many different industries as I need without having to spend days on the process

Pros

Without being inundated with useless features, PDFelement provides exactly what I need; a quick download with every feature and function I need to customize sales collateral, on the fly, for various industries.

Cons

I have yet to encounter something I don’t like

Easy to use pdf converter/editor

Pros

The ease of converting pdf to Word or Excel files, and vice versa.

Cons

Every time I open the software, it seems to take a long time to load.

PDFElement - Simply the best PDF reader

In my day-to-day life, PDFElement is a unique tool. Manipulating PDF documents with it is very simple. Creating a PDF document, editing, protecting and emailing it is so simple and functional that it doesn't even seem like the program is free. Its modern and attractive look, combined with the many excellent functions it has, make PDFElement the best PDF reader on the market.

Pros

The PDFElement program is a robust, lightweight, functional and very complete PDF bed. It has excellent tools for viewing, manipulating and editing PDF files. With a very modern and intuitive interface, it is very simple to open a document, edit it and share it. The program has so many tools that it makes it a "premium" software for free. We can annotate PDF documents such as erasing text in documents,...

Cons

I don't see any negative aspects in the program, as it has so many tools that it is very difficult to evaluate it negatively. Perhaps the only point I would suggest would be to make the program available for Linux, due to the vast number of users of the operating system. In general, the software is so good that I can barely evaluate with any negative point.

Wondershare PDFelement 6 Pro meets all the needs for working with PDF documents.

PDFelement Pro is definitely a powerful program to work with PDF documents, has an intuitive interface and a beautiful modern design and, despite the large number of features, it looks very neat. If you're looking for a powerful pDF editor, this is what you need. PDFelement Pro is suitable for work, both for professionals and ordinary users, both for commercial organizations and for private users.

Pros

Wondershare PDFelement 6 Pro program is mostly devoid of shortcomings and is highly appreciated in the work. The program is lightweight, has great functionality and high speed. Wondershare PDFelement 6 Pro is an editor that can do anything or almost anything with PDF. Wondershare PDFelement is a General PDF document editing program, an office tool from the all-in-one series. Editing features...

Cons

Would not be an objective review if you do not specify some of the shortcomings and mistakes. There are not many of them, but to mention them. Some symbols after OCR are displayed incorrectly and have to be corrected manually. However, this is not critical. There may be some errors in conversion with optical character recognition when converting tables. Sometimes there are some disadvantages of the style, where the fonts are replaced by non-similar signs. There are also conversion errors that contain more than one table. The navigation bar (scroll) on the pages of a PDF document can be made a little wider for convenience.

It's a good product to choose for people who are tired of ripping off.

Pros

PDFelement's value for money has been a large pro for me. Moreover, it does provide all the needed functionalities and goes beyond other PDF readers. I particuarly get frustrated when some readers mess up the original documents and provide no way to edit. Yet, PDFelement just does the work. Some features like digital signatures, watermarking, covering photos into PDF and etc. are really nice as often not available in free software.

Cons

I often find those services frustrating because of poor customer services. However, PDFelement's customer services are good and rapid. Of course, you don't meet always what you want due to several reasons, but they still try to solve. Hence, so far I don't have any problem with it.

I use PDFelement almost daily for various files

Pros

I like the page manipulation, and the editing features. It saves me time from having to do all my work in a graphics program before converting to pdf files. Mostly I produce sheet music and lyrics for performance use by myself and other musicians, but I also use it for contracts and other business docs.

Cons

It's a screen and printer hog. For example: I use a lot of kybd shortcuts and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 combinations to navigate away from PDFelement. It also doesn't like to load in the background, often taking over the screen while I'm working in another program. When printing, sometimes I prefer to use MS Print to PDF because I don't need to see the doc right away. Also, MS>PDF generally prints a smaller file size than PDFelement. On some programs (like Excel) it insists on being the default pdf printer, which means when I choose MS > PDF as the printer, no document is produced; I have to choose PDFelement as the printer .

PDF documents are easier to create and edit.

Pros

In my job it is important to have a good handling of the legal documents we produce as these documents represent the legal and administrative structure of our company. We have always used for the final delivery of legal documentation files in PDF format as it is the format with the best presentation in the market. PDF Element 6 is the highest performance software I have found for creating and editing...

Cons

To incorporate this software in our office has been one of the best decisions we have made, and, complemented with other software we can fulfill in a positive way with each one of our goals, making our management very efficient. I have no negative elements to highlight from this software. I highly recommend it.

My Real Review on PDFelement Sofware

I am a Software Technician from SriLanka. I have to make invoices and documents for my customers daily. One my first week I struggled to choose a software for my all type of Documentation Work. After my friend shared this software on Gmail. Then I Tested this Sofware in a Trial Version and now I like this Software as best. I bought the premium version of it and still using it for more than 2 years.

Pros

I think it is the #01 Software to make and edit pdf Documents and Word Documents in a Laptop. I like most the Cloud Service on this Software and I have listed the Things I Like in this software. 1. Cloud Service 2. Can edit a Non Editable PDF 3. Add anything we want from the internet 4. Can add Signature

Cons

Yes. I think bits of Updates have to be done in this software. I have listed the things I would like to add to this Software. 1. Compatibility Of Linux OS 2. Fast Loading Feature And there is nothing I have to tell about the things I would like to add to this software.

Great Alternative!

Pros

This software is a great alternative for anyone that is looking to function with .pdf files. The Adobe suite keeps creaping up in price and this software works very well as a functional alternative!

Cons

I haven't found any items that I dislike. So far it has been working great.

Transitioning from Acrobat was easier than expected

I didn't get to be robbed by Adobe for their software. Upon renting another current Adobe product, that application uninstalled my paid version Acrobat Pro. This is a very underhanded tactic to get users to purchase/lease new software. With WonderShare I get nearly immediate response to any problems I might have. I get a well developed software that has never crashed (can't say that about Acrobat) and once it was paid for, it was freely my own. This is a great product and I will continue to recommend it.

Pros

Everything that I look for in Acrobat without the ridiculous price or rental fees. It's fast and efficient and well thought out. Some of the layout could use tweaking but everything takes time and I'm very satisfied with how it works.

Cons

There are a couple glitches that can be frustrating. Although the software is updated regularly, upon each update/upgrade it loses its file association to PDFs. When printing from an application to PDF, very often if PDF Element is not open the print does not complete although the application does open. Obviously you can print a second time, but it is something to take note of. I keep a desktop folder of PDF files that gets updated daily and when using PDF Element is opened it defaults only to the desktop and not the same folder. There doesn't appear to be a setting for this default. And the biggest con for me that is the most annoying is that it does not support WIA or TWAIN and you cannot scan directly into the application to PDF like you would normally do with Acrobat.

Hey Brian, Glad to hear that you had an easy transition! Thank you for your detailed notes on printing PDFs. I've reported it to the developers who will take a look. Best, Rebecca

Working with PDF documents is very easy thanks to this software

Pdfelement 6 has marked important advances in my career as Community Manager, adding more complete features to the edition of PDF documents that I use, in most cases, to make presentations of profiles, images, public figures, companies and artifices that request of my profiles. Do not hesitate to acquire this software.

Pros

We must start with the main benefit of this software, which is the edition of PDF files, but it is not only the edition, but its comfortable interface, and how effective it is, without leaving details or bad editions. But do not be left alone with this, other benefits of this software would be: - You can edit objects based on images within the same PDF file, a powerful tool for the construction of PDF documents. - You can create PDF files from scratch, making them fully modifiable and customizable. -The mosaic screen allows not only to choose any project, but also to add simultaneity for editing, a very attractive tool to edit. -You can convert PDF documents in any other format.

Cons

This is another software which has no waste or weak points. Since I use this software, the benefits and benefits have been full, allowing me to make quality documents in a very easy way.

Un lector y editor PDF que causa agrado a la vista del usuario

El mayor beneficio obtenido en mi trabajo ha sido su herramienta de conversión, que me ha ayudado a procesar archivos de grandes páginas de PDF a Word, ahorrándome tiempo valioso que perdía convirtiendo archivos en línea. También debo mencionar que he conseguido enviar documentos a Dropbox, cargando los archivos directamente desde PDFelement. Por último, también he utilizado su herramienta de optimización, reduciendo el tamaño de los archivos hasta en un 20% sin sacrificar la calidad del documento.

Pros

Cuando se menciona PDFelement, resulta inevitable destacar su cómoda interfaz. Tiene un diseño moderno y minimalista, que causa agrado a la vista del usuario. Otro razón positiva por la que me gusta este software, es que sin importar en qué programa se haya creado el archivo PDF, éste podrá editar el documento sin cambiar su estructura. Por ejemplo, al cambiar el texto no cambiará el tipo o tamaño de letra. Otro beneficio que proporciona PDFelement es que permite convertir archivos por lotes, para agilizar el proceso con documentos de muchas páginas.

Cons

Creo que mi única crítica para este software, es que a partir de sus últimas versiones ha ido solicitando más recursos a los computadores.

PDF Element 6 does the job

I had business suppliers and customers send me their terms and conditions of trade, which before I was challenged to modify in the document, but today, I can now review and modify their documents with ease.

Pros

I used to be an avid Adobe Acrobat fan, however I started to use the free version of PDF Element to try and get at features which were not available on Adobe. I enjoyed the product so much that I purchased PDF Element 6 Pro and have been very pleased with its performance and capability. It has taken a bit of effrort to get used to working PDF Element 6 Pro, but I am pleased that I persevered with it, as its functionality is hands down better than Adobe who seem to have lost its way. As time progresses, the team at PDF Element have improved the functionality even more, and it is a joy to use. I have recommended this product to others whom now also enjoy its benefits.

Cons

Difficult to navigate around initially but gradually getting used to where controls are at. This only arose as a result of being such a long time user of Adobe, but today, I am finding it easier to navigate my way around this application. It has been worth while learning to use this application properly.

What I like about PDFelement

My business is information based, having software that allows me to collate numerous documents and present this information to a third party has helped tremendously. Previous to the purchase of my Apple Mac I had a Windows based computer. The Cutepdf software used with Windows was not compatible with Apple so initially was without this feature. In fact I tried to do without it (save the money) however I soon realised how much I relied on the programme and how much time it saved me.

Pros

PDFelement is very easy to use. I can combine numerous documents and submit these under one category when submitting supporting documents with loan applications. Another positive is being able to rearrange / delete pages. This is especially helpful when sorting pages of a scanned document that was printed on both sides.

Cons

I haven't found too many 'cons', it does all I need it to do.

Probably the best PDF editor out there

PDFelement 6 is one of the best and also probably the best PDF editor I have ever used. The thing I loved about it the most is the UI, the functionality and the amazing extra functionality that it has. The OCR function for example is great to work with and it can easily recognize the accurate things from a scanned document using OCR easily.

Pros

The whole PDF editing experience with PDFelement 6 is so seamless and easy that it feels like you're using Microsoft Word to edit your docx files. There are a lot of this that this PDF editor does right. 1. It has a very nice user interface and it is very easy to use. The program is designed and developed in such a way that there is very less of a learning curve before you learn the whole program. 2....

Cons

There is not much of a downside to using this product but keep in mind that it is a PDF editor even though it has other functionalities like OCR etc. The conversion is good but it is not that great. The program does struggle a bit when it comes to converting complex documents like PDF to excel etc.

A great alternative to Adobe Acrobat

PDFelement has greatly helped me in managing my business and staying productive. Filling out PDF forms, editing documents, and creating invoices are what I mostly use the program for.

Pros

Compared to available alternatives, PDFelement is affordable. Batch processing, OCR text recognition, PDF conversion, and other tools available in this program make it the only PDF software one will ever need. The mobile version also works better than expected. It's also easy to use.

Cons

I've been using this program for a while and honestly, I haven't been able to pinpoint something I don't particularly like about it.

PDFelement by Wondershare provides you with Beautiful, simple, and lighter experience.

Pros

The first thing that attracts you about PDFelement is the GUI. It is very beautiful to the eyes and clean and well-organized. But more than that, it is so simple to use, coming with almost all the PDF solutions and features you would need. Definitely a 5/5 since I have been using it from quite long, and it has never disappointed. And yes, by lighter I mean the system memory it uses, and the setup file being clean and not bundled with bloatwares, etc..

Cons

I just wish it was portable too, and had a lifetime with free upgrades subscription also.