ProdPad Logo

ProdPad

Product management and roadmapping for product teams

ProdPad Reviews

4.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.29/10

Reviews by rating

I love ProdPad's Slack integration. I can view client feedback in Slack as it comes in - I appreciate that it meets me where I am workwise, it doesn't make me log into it's site everyday.
Fantastic tool for product collaboration with marketing.
We decided to stop using the tool and everyone in the organisation was complaining.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

ProdPad

It's a great tool to collect, structure and manage feature ideas and feedback in 1 place. They also provide a solution for Roadmaps but we are not using it for this purpose at this time.

Pros

Prodpad Slack integration is the feature I love the most. As a Product Manager, I start my week reviewing feature ideas and feedback and I just need to open Prodpad channel to see the latest. Saves me time and so convenient.

Cons

I find it difficult to browse through all the feedback and feature ideas in Prodpad using search and not to read the same ones again. It might be just the way we organize it in my company still it could be improved. Maybe mark automatically the ones I opened just recently.

FK

Fanny K.

Online Media, 51-200 employees

The best tool for alignment and collaboration on product strategy

Pros

I'm so happy to be working with ProdPad again. I've used it in a previous company I worked at and am glad to have introduced it again in my newest role. Some things have changed in the past 2 years but it's still such a great tool for alignment: I love how easy it is to share our strategy, keep room for changes, get others involved too.

Cons

Not related to ProdPad specifically, the same would happen with others tools too: it requires to educate our colleagues and stakeholders on various concepts (feedback, idea, opportunity etc) and how they tie together.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review Fanny. It's lovely to have you back and so glad to hear that you still find ProdPad to be a valuable tool for alignment. Please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help support you in getting your team to understand the concepts needed to really nail product management in ProdPad.

AP

ALISON P.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

It works okay

Pros

It's better than nothing! We can communicate as a team on product road map ideas and neatly organize them into different areas.

Cons

Customer support is less than stellar, it's often buggy - ideas disappear and re-appear, it says it's offline when it is not.

MB

Mike B.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Easy and effective

We use ProdPad for the entire product management life cycle in a startup and are happy: easy, simple, gets the job done

Pros

ProdPad is easy to use, simple to integrate with Jira and most importantly supports you in your daily PM life

Cons

While simple to integrate with Jira, customization only goes so far. If you have massive (integration) requirements, ProdPad might not be your preferred tool

gc

gary c.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Prodpad...really good...not great yet

Really good....value for money and has improved how was organise and prioritise

Pros

User feedback and ideas portal are excellent

Cons

Roadmapping could be much better...I think they are working on this. Aggregating elements across project/product would make life easier Could be more customisable

JM

James M.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Elegant and effective, with awesome support

Easy entry, constantly being improved, great support and hand-holding. Love that so many of the team are accessible and responsive!

Pros

Hugely powerful. It shows that actual Product Managers are behind it.

Cons

Can take a while to really understand all aspects - but the release notes and guides are improving all the time.

BP

Breann P.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Great way to track ideas and collaborate, but can be hard to navigate

Pros

Since I am the one at my company talking to clients the most, it's great for me to enter in my feedback and log ideas for product improvement in ProdPad - this is the cleanest forum for my development team and I to prioritize improvements. Easy way to communicate back and forth about ideas and get them into development.

Cons

As someone who isn't as experienced in software, it can be difficult to navigate. ProdPad captures so many details (which is great), but when I'm submitting an idea for our development team, I can get slightly overwhelmed and lost as to what each category means. Guided walk-throughs of the site might help with this.

Matt A.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Simple yet noisy at the same time

Our product manager introduced us to ProdPad and he was our main user. No one else on the team, including myself, has adopted using it nearly as much and so it feels like more noise than help to me

Pros

Creating stories and bucketing them for planning purposes is very easy. It makes a very compelling visual when we do our product roadmap to see the various stories and categories. Integrates with Trello, which we also use

Cons

The stories can build up and the "simple" visuals become muddy very quickly. It would be great to have another layer to summarize above what is already there so we can see the forest through the trees

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

Fantastic tool for product collaboration with marketing

A fantastic tool, so long as product managers make their updates.

Pros

I love that, as a product marketer, we can see product's updates and artifacts in this platform, the status of different sprints, and not have to chase product managers down to have an update conversation.

Cons

Product is not consistent with their updates - it would be awesome if ProdPad could do push notifications to help product managers remember to capture their updates, or integrations with some of the tools they use like InVision or Jira.

MW

Meghan W.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Good customer feedback tool

Overall ProdPad is a useful tool to collect and surface client feedback.

Pros

Cons

The default email settings are somewhat overwhelming. I received several email digests and marketing emails that became annoying. It was easy to unsubscribe, but I wish they didn't bombard me by default.

MK

Mallory K.

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Customer support is FAST & thorough, the tool is very easy to use.

Ability to build roadmaps to communicate with both engineers & executives.

Pros

- Low barrier to entry, easy to get going right away - Visuals & ability to quickly create reports and presentations for executive level staff - Ability to capture & organize customer feedback - Roadmaps that aren't timelines/schedules!! Love that it frees you up to focus on the WHAT & WHY and not get hung up on dates/gantt charts.

Cons

- Seems like they are always updating but I could use a few more reporting features & features for resource allocation.

Hi Mallory, We're thrilled to hear that ProdPad is helping you get so much done! Thanks for leaving us this review - we love having you here. :) -Team ProdPad

BD

Ben D.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Make your product great again

Seriously. We've been using tools for managing the day-to-day of product development that work great, but they've all missed the boat when it comes to the what and why of creating your product. This tool has been invaluable when creating specifications for new features, sussing out the nuances about what makes a great feature, and communicating with management and our customers. If you manage a product, you need more than a check-list of tasks to do. This is it.

Pros

Great team Great communication tool

Thanks for dropping this lovely review, amigos! - All of us at ProdPad

TG

Timoté G.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Weak user experience

Pros

Even though the tool is easy to implement and get started, they too much try to impose their way of approaching product management. Additionally most of the view are really weak and difficult to manage.

Investment Management, 51-200 employees

Clunky but looks good

Pros

The UI is fanstastic. The UX is what I care about more and it's garbage.

Cons

It's clunky. It's not obvious how to do anything. I assume that's why they hold so many webinars. It lacks functionality I would expect. You're clicking all over the place to get to where you want to go.