Miro Reviews

Miro

Collaborative whiteboarding platform

Miro

Review Summary

Pros

We work with remote team in Barcelona and Warsaw and we have successfully been having workshops/brainstorming sessions with Miro, which makes it fun and efficient.

Beatriz R.

It was super easy to convert from the free version to the full version. Did not lose anything in the process and the added benefits of the full version are well worth the price.

TJ E.

Cons

So, if I have to add another "Do it later" field I have to see the manual and do it manually. There is no selecting/duplicating the whole collum, which is a pain.

Debjit B.

The interface is confusing, and often times I wanted to leave a comment but wound up leaving a post-it note instead.

Steve B.

I accidentally deleted a board, and didn't realise for a week or so. When I contacted customer service, they un-deleted it for me in minutes.

Dinesh D.

Awesome tool to visualize your concepts

It's awesome! Great tool, one really needs to visualize complex concepts, processes and structures. We used it to create MVP of trainings, manage our Product team roadmap, design R&D processes and many-many more other difficult-to-tackle projects.

Pros

- Ease of use is stunning. It's so cool how native is your experience with the editor - they detect the touchpad and optimize editing for that. Awesome! - Pre-built templates helps to start conceptualize, instead of bothering with bells and whistles of graphics - The endless board is amazing - you can keep lots of stuff in different forms (mind maps, hierarchies, Customer Journeys) that is related to the same thing together.

Cons

- Sometimes "clever" positioning of elements works not in the way I would expect, but I guess it's something I just haven't got used to. I suppose it's rather minor inconvenience. - Guys, you have to do something with your onboarding - it's way to annoying for people, who just logged in to view the board someone invited them to. I would need to click away from 3 pop-ups to just see the board. If you manage to fix it - your tool will be perfect!

Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting thoughts

We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros

It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing...

Cons

The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc. What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

Whiteboard for the whole company

Generally the experience is great and very useful for UX testing with remote participants.

Pros

The idea of a shared whiteboard is great and well executed in Miro. Everything you do others can see and can interact with in realtime.

Cons

Kanban boards are rather bulky to handle and the idea of placing them onto the board is sort of contraintuitive, but it works.

Growth, VC funding & re-branding cause my love affair with Miro (Realtimeboard) to end

I had an initial love affair with Realtimeboard and had a subscription since 2016/17. Growth and then VC funding last year together with the re-branding debacle are forcing me to re-think that love. It's been unrequited for the last while. :-( NPS scores

Pros

Easy to use, excellent real-time capabilities

Cons

Poor customer support & dishonesty. The change to Miro saw them stiff paid Premium users of Realtimeboard and not honour the remainder of their subscriptions Slow pace of feature development No offline capabilities

Brainstorming tool

Miro is a great app to work collaboratively with partners to discuss new ideas or materialize process and networks

Pros

I like the versatility it has to work alone or in collaboration with colleagues or outsiders. It's very intuitive and easy to use for brainstorming sessions. Great tool. Mind maps are also easy to use

Cons

The format options could be included in a toolbar or an upper bar in order to easy customize the shapes/comments/figures/etc

The best organizer

I keep all my visual materials in one place and have a possibility to share it with my students, collaborate with them, add unlimited amounts of notes and I have no need to care about how to save this stuff, how to find, how to export separate parts of my work. It's great!

Pros

Miro is intuitive, I spent a couple of minutes to navigate and simply started working. The unlimited canvas is the most thrilling feature of the app. I have finally had a tool to organize all my stuff, all in one place.

Cons

I haven't found any substantial drawbacks in Miro which prevented me from using it efficiently.

The missing piece for remote

Pros

They covered a missing piece in my remote tool stack: the whiteboard. Until Miro, I did not find a suitable alternative to the deliberative process that happens in front of a whiteboard. While that will probably never be completely substituted, Miro adds a few features on top of that that are actually very powerful.

Cons

The inability to read the whiteboards offline in the apps.

Miro - One of my essential tool

One day as I was trying to put many ideas and document in order, I thought about a system with an infinite whiteboard. I typed in the research on google and out of magic, RealTime Board (Miro's former name) came up. I downloaded it and I was instantly convinced this was exactly what I needed.

Pros

Great tool for brainstorming or throwing ideas here and there, knowing that one day you will need them without knowing exactly when or why. I use Miro for many things such as wireframes for websites or solution building, mind mapping or sometimes even to create infographics. I use it a lot for my pitch decks as well.

Cons

Since RealtimeBoard changed to Miro, it gained a lot in features but somehow start being a bit confusing. It is still very intuitive but yet something seems off and I am not so sure why. Both RealtimeBoard and Miro lack of a nice branding (IMO). Although the interface is nice and the overall atmosphere seems quite friendly, it still feels cold and it doesn't really pushes me to use the software more often. As a counter-example, I use Canva and Freshbooks a lot and while both are solving tasks that I really dislike (pitches and accounting), I really enjoy using their tool. And that's, for me the biggest low point of Miro.

Great whiteboard tool

Great collaboration tool that allows for creativity and flexibility. Highly recommend.

Pros

I love this program. My team uses it as a digital whiteboard for process improvement meetings, and it has tons of options to support that. The basics are easy to grasp, such as using sticky notes for process mapping, and placing basic shapes or text on the board. It’s cool that it lets you see who is editing what. It’s accessible, but also gets pretty in depth in terms of tools available - for example, it has a “quick vote” tool where you can have team members vote on ideas on sticky notes, and the amount of votes and time you give each person is changeable.

Cons

The only con for me is that some of the functions are not immediately obvious. I’ve found myself saying “I had no idea I could do that” more than once when I first started using the program. This is kind of a good thing, because it does have a lot of features, and most of them can be figured out by clicking around enough. There are also tutorials available, so this is a nitpick more than anything.

Great for sharing ideas across teams

Miro allows for seamless team collaboration in a visual way. We used the Miro board to show customers our work in real time, which was great to be able to do remotely.

Pros

Several team members can use the Miro boards at the same time, allowing for real time collaboration as well as working alongside each other.

Cons

It's a little hard to zoom in and zoom out to your own board - it would be great to be able to pin your spot on the board and return to it.

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution. For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work...

Pros

-Free for Educators to use with students -Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business -Great alternative to SmartBoard -Pen feature is very smooth

Cons

-Takes some getting used to. -Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect - Users need to be taught how to use

Miro - online service of my wet dreams

I work on product marketing and menu development in fast growing international Dodo Pizza chain. Miro help me to: 1. Manage our menu position, their relations, groups of product 2. Manage the ingredients (photo, price, descriptions) 3. Create new recipes - much easier when you all ingredients visually in front of you at the same time 4. Create a marketing campaign for products - marketing materials...

Pros

So lets start with what I like: 1. Miro is the best thing for mindmapping projects and strategies 2. Easy to add multiple images and make some small but necessary editing 3. Super cool for vusial analysis. My job includes menu analysis of QSR chains, Miro make it much easier, a billion times more efficient tool that others

Cons

Cons: 1. Tables are available but editing mechanics is 3/5, need to be improved. 2. Hard (or even impossible) to add videos on your Miro board, thus its not easy to make fully packed reference board for let's say your product or project, or even presentation

Miro is Awesome!

The experience has been awesome. We have used it to drive collaboration in conjunction with a virtual meeting tool to seamlessly whiteboard, just like we would have in a physical office space. Miro has an immense amount of flexibility and is open-ended in it's approach to being a whiteboard tool, just like you would hope. Templates offer some starting points but are easy to build on and customize. It has been no problem operating Miro with 20 users at once, jumping between multiple boards and everyone actively collaborating/creating content at the same time. It's a near-perfect physical whiteboard replacement for an increasingly virtual work world.

Pros

Miro is the BEST virtual white boarding tool. It is so easy to collaborate with colleagues using the virtual post-it notes and visual charting tools. When using Miro, I almost forget that we are virtual and I never find myself wishing we were in person. One of my favorite features is the ability to see everyone else's cursor, so I know exactly where someone is looking and contributing. It ensures no one is duplicating efforts or overwriting someone else's work. The tool is seamless and well-built for a virtual world.

Cons

The biggest downfall I've experienced is when the boards get large. Big boards lead to increased lag time, especially when trying to work with a large group of collaborators. When visuals get imported and complex charts or diagrams are used, the tool seems to get overloaded. It will sometimes even freeze for a few seconds. While these issues are generally far and few between, they are worth noting. Uploading of images also seems slow compared to other SAAS tools.

Vital To How We Collaborate

Pros

"I love realtime board. Especially all of the updates and templates that have come recently. We first started using real time board back in 2014 but stopped till just recently. The new features really make it a go to solution for our team especially since we are in two different locations and need t collaborate daily. Real-time board helps us to do that and meet our goes. " Can use the on PC, web, mobile phone. Love all of the features and versatility. I like the large viewing area. The sticky notes and the templates that are provided are also very helpful. We started using Real-Time board instead of Microsoft One Note. Being able to see where the other members of the team are pointing to is a huge plus as well.

Cons

Wish there was pricing for a 2 man team. We are small team and 40 a month at his point would be too high. Totally worth it for a team of 5 but would like to have the option of a small team like 2-3 people.

Miro (aka realtime board) is great for collaboration and as a project management tool

I use Miro daily as a UX designer for documenting different flowcharts

Pros

I love that you can collaborate on projects in realtime with Miro and see what the other users are doing on the screen at the same time as you. Their templates are awesome as well, along with their interface being aesthetically pleasing, it's one of my favorite tools I use as a designer.

Cons

I don't really have any negative comments or thoughts about Miro. I don't know why they changed their name from Realtimeboard as I think that moreso explains what they offer. I feel that Miro is supposed to be some kind of hip brand realignment, but doesn't explain what they offer. The name change doesn't really bother me, I was just surprised when it happened without warning.

Enhanced canvases

I was introduced at Miro by a colleague in a workshop, we started using in a group of five people e build a roadmap for a project together, we have use it even when we are not together in class because of the remote function. And it was clear to me that it is an essential app for planning steps.

Pros

Responsive and beautiful. It's not only visually pleasing, it's the best app to do personalized boards and diagrams.o Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app. The app focuses on real-time collaborative work, great for remote teams. The canvas has different kind of templates like: diagrams, mind maps, workflow board, etc. Which makes it much easier to create according to the desired visualization for each type of work. Web based no need to download, but there's a option to install windows app. A diversity of integrations with major work tools, Google, Trello and Slack are my favorites

Cons

The mobile version performs smooth, but works only for visualization, I can't even delete a template. The app is very functional and good to use but also has some limited features compared to the web version. I can't leave a project to create a new personal template. Which forced me to create a new account with another email.

Power up your professional life and store your mind in the cloud

Structure your thoughts, insights, user research, designs, mockups and entire project design process. There's a ton of 'power ups' add ons that let you customise Miro for your usage.

Pros

It's super flexible, fairly easy to use once you get into the set up of the application. It's a great way to gather all your thoughts and later structure them if you need it in a more presentable format. I rarely do Google slides presentations anymore, because Miro is a better work tool, and it doubles down as a presentation tool as well.

Cons

It's a business tool, but the boundaries between what a professional does within the business and personally become less and less apart. As example I've kept a board to gather all my knowledge of my trade, and thus I would like this to become my own board. You can sign up multiple accounts but there's no easy switching between them on the desktop application.

The tool I have been waiting for for 30+ years

A ton of benefits - it's allowed me to plan with a bigger grasp of the big picture while being able to capture all the details when needed. I've ditched 2 or 3 other productivity tools (to do tools, tasking tools, tracking tools) because RTB does it all and does it better. LOVE. IT.

Pros

Incredible, unbelievable flexibility that can finally keep up with my mind and my team! A wide open space with no precepts to interfere with rapid ideation, solutioning, organizing - anything we need. AWESOME! The UX has been incredibly well thought out. It has nailed keyboard shortcuts, mouse control, tablet....the UX auto adjusts to your input method and NOTIFIES you that it does so. Unreal....

Cons

If I switch away from an RTB tab then later switch back, the long load time is kind of a drag :( Not a huge deal but it would be nice if it was fixed - the gap really interrupts thought process and flow during fast moving sessions. Not sure it's resolvable, but it would be nice :)

RealtimeBoard is a gamechanger for design collaboration

In early-stage product development, no-one wants to pay for the time it takes for working documents to look good. This does not mean they don't want the documents to be clear, concise, and understandable, and it absolutely does not mean that they want good ideas and analyses to get lost in the clutter. In a paper-post it-CAD/DTP-workflow this is often the case. RealtimeBoard adresses all these issues and is a true gamechanger for the design industry. Thank you!

Pros

RealtimeBoard has become an integral part of my workflow. It is: • Intuitive and hassle-free to use • Lightweight and available everywhere • In rapid development—constantly improving the core product I use it for: • Everything from early stage ideation to larger scale mapping and analysis • Collaboration with other designers on my team • Co-creative workshops and interviews with users and clients • The remote-work version of everything above • Presentations, working documents, and even interim reports.

Cons

On my view, there are no major drawbacks with RealtimeBoard. However, I find the pricing model a minor hindrance. Although it suits my current situation just fine, it was a bit rigid when I worked in a three-person team.

Great product

My company hasn't fitted the bill to have Realtimenboard (RTB) work with our Atlassian suite, so I won't know the full extent of what this interaction looks like. We use links to reference disparate applications. So while this isn't a con, it is a reality that a lot of us find workarounds for. For example, I use Sketch to create static prototypes and on the first page I create an art board for a workflow. Depending on the depth of the workflow and the number of licenses available for our company on RTB, I will opt to create my flowchart within the native Sketch application. Doing workflows within Sketch is cumbersome and not ideal :(

Pros

I primarily use this for creating workflows and Sprint Design Meetings. The versatility in the tool is very handy and the potential for this application to integrate with others is very handy.

Cons

I had some trouble trying to figure out the hierarchy within Realtimeboard (RTB). Such as the relationship with the nomenclature of "Team", "Project", "Board". Another scenario I spent time wondering about was, what is the ideal scenario was for archived boards? There are other small things I would like to see different, but I don't know if this is because I'm not a super user or if my concerns are valid.

Simply the best collaboration tool out there

I've joined a new company and have been using a board to gather thoughts, data, ideas and slowly growing and maturing my view on the problem I'm looking to solve into a mini presentation using the 'frames' features. It's just so darned versatile, I love it.

Pros

Works across all your devices. Super simple to get started, but with enough depth to get intricate and detailed. Ability to import and save screenshots, pdfs and presentations. The ever growing list of templates are fantastic to structure thoughts.

Cons

The file size limit on individual images uploaded to your board isn't big enough to accommodate larger images - but resizing the image makes that possible so no biggie. Sometimes snapping to elements can be helpful, other times it's annoying.

A Time and Paper Saver for Laying Out Your Screenplay!

Pros

There are so many, but the real-time collaboration is a huge one for my partners and myself. Also the ability to print specific frames to pdf is convenient. Traditionally screenwriters use note cards on a cork board to layout an outline. This makes it easy to move scenes around and to see the project as a whole. RealtimeBoard has completely replaced that for my partner and I since we live in two different cities. We have planned all of our scripts for the last few years this way and it works great. Another nice benefit is the ability to add images and media directly inside the board, this is great for reference materials.

Cons

I'm not sure that I can think of any cons honestly. The only thing would be that you're limited to 3 boards per person on the free plan, which has become a pain the more I use it. I guess I'll need to upgrade soon!

It's currently the best on the market!

Miro is simply an interactive virtual white board! But you can do SO MUCH with it. From journeys to analysis to creating workshop templates. You can do whatever's in your head. And you can do it quicker and easier than anything else out there. Seriously stop reading this and try the free version, you'll see!

Pros

It's super easy to use, and really quick to pick up. It makes doing this type of work effortless and in a fraction of the time. Also you can collaborate within seconds.

Cons

The pricing model is a bit squiffy and not easy to understand. When you start an account it's confusing that it's not YOUR board but a team board, this has tripped me up a few times. On the free version the pdf export functionality is so bad it would be better not to offer it all. NO experience is better than a bad experience. (NOTE all these pale in comparison to how good the product is though!!!)

The BEST visual planning tool ever

The best tool to plan and organize things visually.

Pros

Miro is so flexible. I can plan and organize almost anything visually. The recent addition of the Kanban board makes the tool complete.

Cons

Sometimes, there are hiccups when navigating around the canvas. Other than that, the tool is simply amazing

Best in class digital collaboration tool

My preferred tool for all virtual collaborations. Highly recommended

Pros

infinite whiteboard, unlimited users, great functions and features, just wish it better integrated with web conferencing facilities

Cons

Really no major complaints. The free hand draw function is not quite as good as Invision Freehand (for example), but overall Miro is my preferred tool.