UserVoice Reviews

4.17/5 (50 reviews)

Jessica Meadows Rich

Gives us almost everything we need for a great price

Reviewed 2018-11-23

UserVoice is used by our support team to answer users' questions and provide information as needed. It helps us manage our support tickets and provides a way for our learners to easily provide feedback.

Pros
We've used UserVoice for a number of years now and it's really been almost everything we've needed from a support ticket system. It allows us to quickly and easily manage users' questions and provide answers and feedback. One great thing we've gotten from it is creating our "knowledge base," which helps us both answer frequent questions more quickly (by using the drop down feature to pre-fill a response with an answer from the knowledge base) as well as providing a ready-made FAQs page for our site. Agents can easily be assigned to different tickets and it's clear who is responding to what ticket, which was problematic in our old system and we often had multiple people answering the same question at the same time.

Cons
On the other hand, UserVoice hasn't always been great about catching obvious spam and we have to do a fair amount of blacklisting manually. We offer content in Spanish, Portuguese, and English but you can only set it to one language, so right now we have a completely separate support system for our Spanish and Portuguese learners. And oddly, they have no online/email tech support available. You have to call if you have an issue. :(

Morgan Willowgate

Great Help Desk Software with a few Quirks

Reviewed 2018-08-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Easy to use and the interface is somewhat intuitive. Works great for startups and smaller companies as this is the size of the company I am in. Support seems responsive and quick at fixing any problems.

Cons
Sometimes a clunky interface with glitches which are not fixed quickly. Could work on their mobile UX for better ease of use.

Lauren King

Good for what it is...

Reviewed 2019-05-07

We have been using UV for 3 years and it has been working for us for the most part. We recently wanted to add another brand and they were unable to support that so we had to look into migrating to another provider.

Pros
The platform is a little outdated but it is easy to use.

Cons
They do not offer muliple brands and do not have an app

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Adam Feber

UserVoice keeps feature requests prioritized and organized!

Reviewed 2015-12-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
UserVoice does a great job at tracking feature requests and allowing customers to "up-vote" existing requests. Listening to ever customer becomes a slippery slope and can distract your team from the product roadmap and ultimate vision. By allowing customers to see if their requests already exist and "up-vote," your team can clearly see features that will benefit the masses - these are the request to seriously consider. UserVoice helps automate and streamline this process.

Cons
When I think of UserVoice, nothing negative comes to mind. It just works how it is intended to work :)

Nick Timmons

Great Support Portal, but Not Quite Enough

Reviewed 2015-03-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
UserVoice is a great and simple system to use for Customer Support. I run Support at my SaaS company, Personify. It's been a fantastic way to ensure that we give our users World-Class support, and help, as they get up and running with our Products.

Cons
We ended up moving to Desk.com for our next generation of products, for the simple but powerful reason that they offer better multilingual support.

Vincent Turner

UserVoice helps us provide better support to our users and build a product that they love

Reviewed 2014-05-01

UserVoice is a great fit for us. Our tool lives around the web on many websites and devices, so we really needed an in-app solution - and that's exactly what we got with UserVoice. It's extremely easy to use and very efficient for our support team to provide amazing support to our users. From inserting help articles directly into email responses, to keeping track of individual user interactions, UserVoice helps us operate more efficiently. UserVoice is very well designed and built. Over our 2 years with them, have never had any issue with the product. They also are continuously improving their analytics and admin dashboards that empower us to become more data driven as they develop. There customer support is superb. They always answer questions that we have very quickly and provide complete and thorough answers. You will never feel like you are talking to a robot because their support team is very friendly, personable and professional. The analytics and reports on our feature requests, all components of our support streams, and users. It makes it extremely quick to query the reports and find the exact insights that we need to help us make Product and Business decisions.

Ching-Mei Chen

Using Uservoice as our app's main ticketing service since 2011.

Reviewed 2015-12-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Canned responses that can easily be turned into public FAQ responses and Instant Answers.

Cons
It's a bit slow (loading time) when clicking on links within the dashboard. No mobile app for ticket agents. When you cc someone on a ticket, the cc-ed recipient cannot see the customer's email address. Quite hard to navigate through the interface. Can only upload profile picture through Gravatar :(

Girivaru Tarun

Good KB portal for mid size product company

Reviewed 2018-08-08

I was able to launch any KB article with proper tagging and with Ease, I had a seperate segment for crowdsourcing ideas it was great feature for me

Pros
Editor capabilities in Uservoice are not present in any other similar products, which makes it stand out of market

Cons
Mid companies would like any content to have SEO,SEM capabilities. A must required as I want even my KB content to perform

Lindsey Schwarze

Customer Success Manager Usage of Uservoice

Reviewed 2015-12-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I like the ability to assign tickets to myself and other colleagues, for easy accountability.

Cons
Searching for tickets isn't always accurate, could improve matching ability in the search results.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Daniel Dubinsky

Great Software for Small to Mid Size CS

Reviewed 2016-10-31
Review Source: Software Advice

Great Software to use when you are looking to get started with ticketing solutions. It has a documentation portal as well as a generic inbox service to start answering support tickets. The software starts to lag when you need to drive advanced CS metrics like Priority Routing certain accounts to high support Queues. Also driving first response times is diffcult without some data manipulation

Pros
Simple to use and setup Documentation Portal Generic Email Address

Cons
Difficult Reporting No easy way to setup support Tiers

Katie Wilson

Good ticketing system

Reviewed 2015-12-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I find this product easy to use and easy to assign and be assigned tasks/tickets.

Cons
Sometimes logs me into to the master account instead of my account so I miss when i have tickets.

Aaron Bielert

Great Feedback Tool

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-01-09

Pros
Has a multipurpose use, can be used as a help desk or just a feedback tool. Lets users give feedback for different categories that you create and their API is an easy way to integrate contact forms or user feedback forms into your website.

Cons
Customization of the user portal is not easy and does not allow you to preview any changes made before making them live. They only offer 3 templates and you must download them and apply them manually.

Arturo Folino

Operations and User Support at Postmates

Reviewed 2015-12-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Timeline and ticket searches were intuitive (coming from experience with Zendesk and Desk by Salesforce). The requirement is write a note before sending an external email prevents a lot of mistakes and allows associates to communicate clearly when collaborating or handing-off.

Cons
I wish there was an ability to add an internal subject.

Daniel Dubinsky

Support Manager

Reviewed 2015-12-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Ticketing system that is easy to setup. Vendor is great at providing interesting insights into support industry

Cons
Doesn't separate customers by the "Account" level. Hard to adhere to SLAs for specific customers.

Evan Hamilton

UserVoice does everything it needs to, with a fantastic user experience on top

Reviewed 2014-07-04

Full disclosure: I used to work at UserVoice. But I had no obligation to use it at my next job, and I had to take it through the same assessment and pitch to my executive team as any other tool. We chose UserVoice, hands down. Why? UserVoice doesn't just fit the feature requirements of a customer service tool - it's obsessively focused on the customer experience, trying and succeeding at making the customer service experience BOTH efficient and easy for everyone involved. Add on top of that an incredibly innovative feedback system that truly helps you prioritize what customers want what? You've got a seriously badass (and affordable) resource for keeping your customers happy. I'm very proud of my time at UserVoice and will continue loyally using their tools for many years.

Jose Rivera

Simple and painless way to collect isight and feeback for your business

Reviewed 2018-09-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Gather feedback from customers and all the organization, get it in a way that defines priorities and allows you to extract real actionable data. Very good tool.

Cons
Don't have any con for the product. It's a matter of committing to the tool, though. Once you start getting the feedback you need it'll be critical that you take action over it.

Lorelei Curt

Good app for simple products

Reviewed 2015-12-04
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
We began using this primarily for the knowledge base and ticketing system. We implemented the custom user traits, Satisfaction widget and the Contact widget fairly easily inside our application and these features keep us informed on customer support interactions.

Cons
I wish features settings were customizable. Like the frequency of the Satisfaction pop is fixed and the Contact widget buttons/wording is limited even with development. We were disappointed with the Salesforce integration because it doesn't include the Satisfaction scores and it also is not customizable.

Ranvir Rai

A great solution that focuses on its core product

Reviewed 2015-06-03

Pros: When I was testing all customer service software, I needed one that was the best at its core product which is a ticketing and knowledgebase system. This in my opinion is the best at what it does. They focus on improving these two things and avoid over-complicating the system with extras that would add burden to the user be it on my end or the customer service side. Continued improvements and updates are rolled out that improve its core product. Have solutions that you can link both on the web & app side. It is just easy to use so you can focus on what your best at. Cons: No cons relating to the product itself (really, after approx 2 years use).

Kevin Logan

Great way to leave feedback

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-07-20

Pros
I've left a lot of feedback on the Microsoft products and it is great to get notifications when they are working on something or have completed it. I like voting on different features.

Cons
I haven't used it for a product I'm a part of, I wonder how easy it is to see all the feedback and categorize it.

Luis Roig

Simple way to have support tickets in your web app

Reviewed 2017-08-10

Pros
Super easy to integrate support ticket system in any web app. Also, the screenshot feature has been proved super-useful for our users when communicating a problem, and the feature-suggestion part is also a win.

Cons
Email integration can be a bit confusing: it's not 100% clear if email is sent to the ticket author when replying an email ticket.

Dejana Bajic

Every Product Manager's must-have!

Reviewed 2014-04-14

I've been working as a Product Manager on various SaaS platforms, and over the past 3 years UserVoice has played an essential role in guiding my product decisions. The array of tools they offer really makes it easy to collect user feedback in a less intrusive way. Most importantly, end-users love the feedback UI, too, and seem to keep continue engaging without me having to solicit feedback over and over again. I've tried other solutions out there - Zendesk, GetSatisfaction, IdeaScale... Nothing worked as well as UserVoice.

Ben Park

Ben's UV Review

Reviewed 2014-10-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Simplicity of use‰ÛÓI appreciate how they make the system editable for me to use.

Cons
There really isn't much to dislike. I think we might have had some issues with the number of accounts, but we were able to work around it.

Ryan Baker

We are happy UserVoice users for over 2 years.

Reviewed 2014-03-09

UserVoice has scaled well with us as our business has grown. We use it for support tickets, knowledge base and community feedback. All of these features work particularly well together. By using smart tools like this we've been able to scale the support side of our business beautifully. Our customer base grows at more than twice the rate our support levels do. It's great helping customers to help themselves using UserVoice.

Daryl Griffin

easy for small teams to provide support

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-04-17

We were able to have a ticketing system and knowledge bases ready for customer quickly and easily. While not containing all the features we'd like, we didn't have to be an expert to set it up and provide help quickly. Connected with our salesforce and Google apps.

Pros
Easy setup and connectivity with additional the ability to dump in a large knowledge base for easy self-help.

Cons
Bigger and better features cost a lot more per user license and they really push you into the higher tiers versus competitors.

Dustin Diehl

Great way to gather insight

Reviewed 2014-10-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Very easy to use. High levels of interaction. It's easy to track the responses and measure feedback.

Cons
Not the most aesthetically pleasing interface. For those uninitiated, it might be difficult to set up an initial survey.