Ziflow Logo
Ziflow

Online proofing software for brands & marketing agencies

visit website

Ziflow Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.07/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It perfectly replaces another proofing system we loved for a fraction of the cost. Very user friendly with a beautiful interface.
Everything in one place – Another great highlight of Ziflow is that all comments and feedbacks are saved in one place and so it is hard to overlook something important.
Amazing customer service, amazing product. EVERYTHING I had complained about our proofing process was resolved with this.
I have a hard time thinking of something so bad I need to comment on it.
There have been a few times the uploads did not go through properly, and we had to send the file over again. It was a small problem, and we were able to overcome it.
With the amount of proofs we have it gets visually disorganized.

Ziflow users...

Adobe Acrobat Reader-logocaret

Adobe Acrobat Reader

GoVisually-logocaret

GoVisually

How would you rate Ziflow?

Christie W.

President | CEO

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

This software is making my 3 person company more profitable by saving time!

Transcript

Christie W.: Hi, I'm Christie and I'm a CEO. I'm going to give Ziflow a five out of five. For more reviews...

Ziflow for an easy flow

Transcript

Amanda: Hi, I'm Amanda, I'm a project manager. I give Ziflow four to five stars. If you want more reviews...

Using Ziflow to review figure redraws for med-comms

It has been helpful to have the workflow of figure redraws all contained in this one review system. I have a great overview of all proofs in progress and the stage they are at and have the ability to reassign amends when needed. Any time we have had a glitch or problem with Ziflow, we are helped by their customer servivce team immediately and it is usually solved the same day which is really helpful.

Pros

I like that it controls who has access to proofs, that we have a three stage review process that is clear and easy to follow. I like that it logs all comments and iterations of the proof and maintains version history. I like that it is straightforward to reassign proofs to other members of my team if necessary.

Cons

We use Ziflow in a Presentations team and only use Ziflow to review figure redraws at present. A big part of our workflow is PowerPoint presentations, however Ziflow cannot review these yet. I understand that flattened versions of slides can be submitted but we do advanced animated PPTs with pop-ups and transitions that need to be maintained. It would be great if down the line, Ziflow allows us to do this too.

Track changes on proofs easily!

Pros

We have been using Ziflow for a couple years to send proofs, reminders, and track changes on mockup designs. The text feedback and mark up feature has saved us so much time since we can easily see which areas are being referenced for edits. With design projects, it can be hard to identify exactly which section needs to be revised but Ziflow makes it easy to get both parties on the same page. Plus,...

Cons

When reviewing a proof, there are many icons along the sidebar and the bottom of the screen. External users that are not tech savvy may find it difficult to use. There are some clients that could not figure out the markup feature and ended up leaving comments without marking up areas on the proof.

A Solid Product, but Difficult to Use and Understand

I would rank it as a 6/10. For what it does, it's serviceable and solid. If I had knowledge and understanding of the full capabilities and how to use them, I have no doubt it would be an 8/9.

Pros

Creating and routing proofs is incredibly easy and straight forward. Automation of rounds of review and the functionality of what the actual proofing system can do is fantastic. I love that I can upload videos, PDFs, and live websites. As someone in Marketing and Advertising, that is perfect for me.

Cons

The additional features included within premium accounts are clunky and I don't fully understand them. I feel like these would be really beneficial to my workflow and processes, but they're hard to figure out and there's no easily accessible tool or tutorial to show me how to maximize the tool. It just feels that there is a whole world of features, customization, and possibilities that I'm unable to access because the instructions and guides are buried deep.

Love the versioning!

Mixed, I wish we had more options to customise the fields to our individual teams, as a lot of the information boxes aren't useful or suitable for our work. And then in other cases, there are boxes/fields we wish we did have - but if one adjustment is made it affects the whole company, but there are so many different offshoots and ways of working, having 'one size fits all' doesn't work.

Pros

The versioning tool is super helpful, and allows me to easily track through previous version and comments, as well as compare different versions side by side.

Cons

The time it takes to upload and process - and some times fail altogether.

Ziflow made our workflow better and faster

Before Ziflow we would send out proofs via email, WeTransfer or whatever felt the best. This was working fine on the surface, but the feedback was very diverse. Notes in a PDF is fine. But some clients printed the artwork, wrote the feedback on the paper, made a picture of that paper and sent it back to us.. Ziflow helps to streamline this process into one clear way of leaving feedback. The platform works really easy for the proofers what results into faster feedback! We also love the workflows, that automate stages. It's tricky the first time, but once you get the hang of it it's great! We use it as a check. I create some artwork and upload it into Ziflow. First my Project Manager gets to check it and if he approves the proof it automatically gets sent to the client.

Pros

The overall ease of Ziflow is why I love it. We send proofs to diverse clients all over Europe and most of them open the proof and leave feedback without any hassle. It's awesome to see proofers use it correctly from the first time!

Cons

It's not as stable as we would like it to be. Usually around a big update the platform shows some minor errors. Nothing big, but it can be annoying.

Solution for Acrobat PDF reviews

The overall experience with Ziflow is good. The software is quick but sometimes there's is a bug and i have to refresh the browser (Firefox). I think 5 times at the last few months. Continue with developing!

Pros

The easy to use software. In a few steps the PDF is sent to the customer. The email's are quick en clean.

Cons

The option to view the comments at page number as a general setting. It's frustrating to when I want to read the comments I have to set the comments to order on page instate of date.

Very simple and effective software for streamlining approval process

We use it to manage an account where we produce a huge volume of individual assets, all requiring internal and client approval at an incredible speed. It allows us to manage, track and file every piece of work produced.

Pros

We produce over 300 individual assets per week and all need to go through an approval process. Ziflow allows everything to be kept in one place, provides a simple workflow to track feedback and approvals. It's intuitive, fast and simple to use. And does exactly what it says on the tin. Without it, I don't believe we would be able to manage the volumes in such a simple and efficient way. And our client loves it. It is a big point of difference in the way we work with clients and they see it as real added value.

Cons

There isn't a negative that we have found! And having used it for 12 months, I don't think we will find one.

Great Product! Great Customer Support!

We use Ziflow as a proofing software and as a CYA tool. We have been burned too many times that after something has gone to print, someone finds something wrong and points fingers at Marketing. This allows us to have a complete on-line record of proofs, comments and decisions.

Pros

The ease of using Zilfow is what struck me as new user. Very intuitive user tools and interface. Our sales managers and client in the field find viewing proofs very easy and the mark up and commenting is super easy to understand.

Cons

The only thing that users miss is the ability to deduct that there are multiple pages in a proof. The back and forth arrows are easy to miss at the bottom of the interface.

Ziflow makes group proofing and approvals a breeze

Using Ziflow was easy from the start. We started with a free trial and within a week, we had decided to keep using it. My account manager walked me through the main features and I was off and running. My company undergoes organic and quality audits on a regular basis and we needed to have all our packaging (and the history of changes on every single package) in one place, Ziflow has been the perfect solution.

Pros

My favourite feature, and the one that made me select Ziflow, is the ability to turn proofs around. My company works on packaging with up to 5 sides and reviewers need the ability to turn the the art around to proof all sides. I also love the @mention feature as well as the ability to attache files to comments. Having used Ziflow for the past year, I find it's super easy to use and love that they're constantly adding features. Deployment within my organization was a breeze, I sent an email with a quick guide of the main functions and within a day, my team was reviewing proofs and making decisions on them.

Cons

The search feature isn't best. If I'm looking for an old proof and type in a key word, changes are, it won't show up in search results and I'll have to dig through my folders to find it.

A great alternative to Workfront Proofing

Ziflow is an important part of our workflow — it keeps everything on schedule and communicated.

Pros

It was extremely intuitive and easy to onboard users. Even users with very little experience using proofing tools were able to quickly get up to speed. We now use this tool not just internally but with our clients to supply feedback on our work. The support has always been top notch with very quick responses.

Cons

There have been some technical difficulties with the tool correctly previewing html and interactive pdf's but largely these have been solved with some quick workarounds.

Absolutely Changes the Reviewing Game

Our clients review our designs solely online about 99% of the time, we were sending PDFs or Dropbox links, and would often get back half reviews in Acrobat and email or scanned documents with handwritten edits. It was a mess. Ziflow COMPLETELY overhauled our reviewing process in the best way. We're now able to have multiple stages of internal review before it even goes to the client and then send to the client all in one place. The clients LOVE the capabilities of different comment types and the ability to compare new and old versions.

Pros

Having multiple review stages is the best way to review internally with our whole before sending to the client. I love being able to have multiple reviewers so that every client at a company can view in the same space so that comments do get overlapped. The different tools for editing text are great. And the compare proofs options is so useful as a designer so that our clients can see how we change formatting based on their feedback.

Cons

I have a hard time thinking of something so bad I need to comment on it. There are a few bugs here and there but nothing that would come near to outweighing the positives for me!

Wish we had used this sooner

The customer service is nothing short of phenomenal. From the free demos prior to purchase (We did several) to the training program after purchase, to the random questions we frequently email them about, they are thorough, clear, quick on the response (super fast in fact) and have even done impromptu quick video sessions to walk though an answer.

Pros

The features are incredible, it's a little daunting at first when you learn everything Ziflow can do but you can use only what you need first and then use more functions as you go. Though there is a learning curve, it's really easy to use once you get over the learning. I love the automated workflows. Ziflow is great for getting large teams and especially virtual teams more streamlined in our artwork review process with clients and for managing a large volume of work projects with clients.

Cons

There are some ancillary features I would like Ziflow to have. When I've asked, customer support has provided a usable workaround if available and they always add it to their future feature request list. I respect that Ziflow knows their purpose and doesn't try to be all things. They do what they do extremely well.

Excellent platform, well conceived.

Excellent customer service, on-boarding and response times which are critical to our enterprise. The software is very robust and intuitive. The quick start program got us up and running very quickly.

Pros

We primarily chose this software given its cross deliverable review functionality from high resolution print proofing all the way through to digital banners and broadcast TVC deliverables. It's diversity and feature set make it very easy for new users to pickup and there's some nice power user functionality with the API that we can tap into in order to customize it to our review and approval pipeline.

Cons

There are a couple of quirks with batch processing and client notifications but these are minor and are on the road map to be fixed.

Best platform to keep your projects & team buttoned up and on time!

As a project manager, Ziflow allows you to track all project activity and keep a very detailed history of each version of the project and ensures that little details do not slip through the cracks. I am able to diagnose the problem if anything goes wrong which is a nice feature. Their customer service is also stellar! They are super quick and responsive should I be having any issues which makes for smooth sailing on my projects.

Pros

I really like the side by side review functionality to ensure that everyone on the team can easily check previous versions with the newest version. It allows my team to thoroughly review each piece and reduces possibility for mistakes.

Cons

Sometimes Ziflow will have an issue where you cannot view comments on a project. The good news is that in contacting customer service they respond within a few minutes and fix the problem almost immediately to get your team back to work.

Ziflow is Great!

Overall experience has been great. The initial process and transition was seamless and the sales team was very helpful. Customer service is also very helpful and Ziflow cares about their customers and their experience

Pros

I like that it allows the team and different departments to be able to collaborate in one space. The platform is user friendly and easy to navigate

Cons

Sometimes we have challenges with the processing time for proofs also that Ziflow is down or glitching pretty often

Ziflow is the best online proofing tool we have ever used

Pros

It fits our needs perfectly and we were able to deploy and integrate it into our systems in a single day

Cons

Nothing. It's an amazing product that has saved us thousands of hours!

Great product but could be improved

Despite some of the limitations of the software, I overall have very positive things to say about Ziflow, and even better things to say about their customer service team! I see from emails each week that the development team is constantly making updates, and with each update the product gets even better.

Pros

I've been using Ziflow within my organization for about a year. It's a great tool to help gather feedback on creative and copy, and keep everything organized in one place. It's usually pretty easy to onboard clients and they tend to express satisfaction with the tool. It's nice to be able to have everything organized in one place and know that all the feedback you may need to access will be there -- no more digging through emails or Slack conversations.

Cons

My biggest gripes with the software is that MP4 files cannot be bulk uploaded into 1 proof -- which causes out clients' inboxes to be swamped with messages, and sometimes proofs needing approval are missed. We also struggle with not being able to easily move onto the next proof without exiting out of the current window.

The Perfect Solution for all Online Proofing needs!

Ziflow has improved the overall delivery and quality of our product, which is the Telephone Directory. For many years we were stuck in doing our task in such a mundane fashion that was not only time-consuming but increase our error percentage. We just could not seem to find the right software that would meet our expectations. With the pandemic being our new reality, we had to find the right solution and that is what Ziflow did for us. I was amazed when other team members commented on how easy it was to use.

Pros

There are so many amazing highlights but these are my big deals when using Ziflow: Better clarity with the tools feature – Prior to Ziflow, there were often much miscommunication and confusion about instructions written on the proof sheet. Now we have one platform where it is easy and fun to use these mark-up options for better clarity. They are also interactive and fun! Efficiency – Having eliminated...

Cons

Aside from the daily digest, which is really minor, I have no issues.

Great Project Management tool for briefing amends, speeding up feedback to and from multiple teams

Ziflow is super user friendly and straightforward to use. It is an excellent tool for briefing amends to multiple teams and enables multiple members to feedback, speed up internal review processes and briefing amends.

Pros

It saves time by bringing efficiencies in the review/amends process with the following features: - ability to mark up/draw boxes around amends clearly - tag specific individuals in comments/amends - tick off comments/amends or reply with further queries - give an audit trail of amends, giving everyone tagged transparency of requests made - version control over multiple proofs

Cons

My only dislike is that you get timed out and can't stay logged in for a longer period of time e.g a week

Ziflow in Medical Education

Pros

What I enjoyed the most about Ziflow is the vast number of file formats that we are able to upload for review. As a continuing medical education company, we are constantly offering a number of products and taking part in a number of meetings/symposiums that require us to produce everything from custom HTMLs to PDFs to specialized concept art and videos. Each of these elements must go through rigorous reviews by users who vary in technological experience. Despite, the diversity of our review team, Ziflow has proven to be ideal due to it's clean interface and ease of use. In addition, the support team has been excellent in responding to our issues and providing solutions even if they must customize an aspect to meet our needs.

Cons

In our experience, we have not come across any major cons with Ziflow.

Fantastic Tool For Iterative Revisions Stages

Overall, a great product and leader in this space for designers managing a series of creative stages.

Pros

The product is easy to use and easy to share with clients whom have all loved the product thus far. It makes our group look quite sophisticated being able to share a branded tool like this with our audience. Love the ease of mark-up, the stage control, the tracking of comments.

Cons

Often comments are sensitive, but requiring sharing. It would be nice to be able to share comments while suppressing the author behind them. Also, would like to be able to add a new Slide to the existing version (often with many comments) rather than having to create a new version entirely.

Life Saver

Exceptional

Pros

We moved away from a paper/docket approval system and started using Ziflow over a year ago. It has been nothing short of a LIFE SAVER. Instead of having actual proofs being stuck on a stakeholder's physical desk; proofs in Ziflow allow us to know exactly how far along in the approval process we are and where the bottle neck is. Also, the entire company is now on a WFH (work from home) basis because of the current pandemic and Ziflow has improved our companies productivity and efficiency between departments even though we can't see each other face to face.

Cons

An easier way to quickly view/toggle archived proofs by default on "one click". Under the "STANDARD FILTERS" menu, addition of the field "Archived proofs" under "Trashed proofs" would solve this issue.

An efficient & effective tool for proofing & brand managment

Improving communication across teams/departments and streamlining proofing has been one of the bright points of the past year as our staff adjusted to remote working and the realities of the global pandemic. Because we serve patrons and donors, we had a variety of communications pieces we needed to distribute quickly in the face of current events/COVID, and Ziflow helped us to accomplish this. The ability to stay connected to our patrons with quality, error-free, and timely collateral has proved vital to our continued success during these unprecedented times. We anticipate many ways that this platform will continue to help us to work efficiently and effectively as we return to a more traditional office setting.

Pros

Streamlining proofing, particularly during a time when many staff are working remotely, has been extremely helpful. Additionally, the ability to proof a variety of types of collateral including web, video, and email campaigns using one single platform.

Cons

We have been generally happy with this software and found it has been absorbed well into our team's overall workflow. Ultimately there was one feature that had originally attracted us to the platform that we were unable to implement (integrating with another project management software we use), and this was not entirely clear until after the training and on-boarding process was complete. While it is not a major detriment, it would have been nice to know this was the case earlier in the process.

Effective & Efficient Proofing Software!

I have loved Ziflow from the beginning. It is easy to use, customizable, and VERY functional for proofing processes. There are so many ways to customize workflows and review processes it makes my life as a project manager so much better! I also really appreciate the Ziflow Support team. They are available 24/7/365. I normally have a resolution to my problem/question within a few hours - which is UNHEARD of for most softwares.

Pros

Ease of use Custom notifications for each workflow Customizable intake forms Clear and straightforward proofing process AMAZING and responsive support team Whitelabeling/branding aspects

Cons

The only thing that I have trouble with is when an account manager reviews a proof and then it goes to the next stage (and they are on that stage), they will get notified AGAIN to review something - even when they are not the decision-maker in that stage. I would love an option to have users in the flow later on but not receive email notifications about proofs - just receive the clients comments and decisions when they make them.

Helpful for multiple rounds of edits with clients

Overall the experience using this product daily, sometimes multiple times a day as been great. The interface is pretty easy to understand without any formal training. On the client facing side, there has been no complaints for ease of use and did not require any calls to go over how to use the product.

Pros

As a designer I work with clients that sometimes have multiple rounds of edits to projects big or small. This software allows me to keep track of everything that has been across multiple versions. I like that you can check off comments of edits as a designer as well to make sure you have fixed every edit. My clients have mentioned to me that they enjoy the sharing aspect, as well as being able to download the final approved files straight from the Ziflow interface.

Cons

Sometimes setting up the workflow can be a little tedious. My boss created a handful of custom workflows specific to clients with built in internal and direct to client stages which helps immensely as a busy designer with so many things going on at once.