Ziflow Logo

Creative review and approval--but faster

Ziflow Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.11/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com
smartsheet

It perfectly replaces another proofing system we loved for a fraction of the cost. Very user friendly with a beautiful interface.
Everything in one place – Another great highlight of Ziflow is that all comments and feedbacks are saved in one place and so it is hard to overlook something important.
Amazing customer service, amazing product. EVERYTHING I had complained about our proofing process was resolved with this.
I have a hard time thinking of something so bad I need to comment on it.
There have been a few times the uploads did not go through properly, and we had to send the file over again. It was a small problem, and we were able to overcome it.
With the amount of proofs we have it gets visually disorganized.

AC

Amanda C.

Project Manager

Ziflow for an easy flow

Transcript

Amanda: Hi, I'm Amanda, I'm a project manager. I give Ziflow four to five stars. If you want more reviews...

Christie W.

President | CEO

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

This software is making my 3 person company more profitable by saving time!

Transcript

Christie W.: Hi, I'm Christie and I'm a CEO. I'm going to give Ziflow a five out of five. For more reviews...

Kevin v.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Ziflow made our workflow better and faster

Before Ziflow we would send out proofs via email, WeTransfer or whatever felt the best. This was working fine on the surface, but the feedback was very diverse. Notes in a PDF is fine. But some clients printed the artwork, wrote the feedback on the paper, made a picture of that paper and sent it back to us.. Ziflow helps to streamline this process into one clear way of leaving feedback. The platform works really easy for the proofers what results into faster feedback! We also love the workflows, that automate stages. It's tricky the first time, but once you get the hang of it it's great! We use it as a check. I create some artwork and upload it into Ziflow. First my Project Manager gets to check it and if he approves the proof it automatically gets sent to the client.

Pros

The overall ease of Ziflow is why I love it. We send proofs to diverse clients all over Europe and most of them open the proof and leave feedback without any hassle. It's awesome to see proofers use it correctly from the first time!

Cons

It's not as stable as we would like it to be. Usually around a big update the platform shows some minor errors. Nothing big, but it can be annoying.

MP

Michelle P.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Robust Proofing Software

Pros

Ziflow makes it very easy to collaborate and get proofing done in a more efficient manner. Our proofing process has improved and have been able to get our marketing collateral more quickly than before. They also have great workflow process to automate processes.

Cons

As a designer, I wish they had a plugin with the Adobe Creative Suite so I wouldn't have to leave my program. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they added this into the future as they are always making updates and improvements.

JH

Jensen H.

A Solid Product, but Difficult to Use and Understand

I would rank it as a 6/10. For what it does, it's serviceable and solid. If I had knowledge and understanding of the full capabilities and how to use them, I have no doubt it would be an 8/9.

Pros

Creating and routing proofs is incredibly easy and straight forward. Automation of rounds of review and the functionality of what the actual proofing system can do is fantastic. I love that I can upload videos, PDFs, and live websites. As someone in Marketing and Advertising, that is perfect for me.

Cons

The additional features included within premium accounts are clunky and I don't fully understand them. I feel like these would be really beneficial to my workflow and processes, but they're hard to figure out and there's no easily accessible tool or tutorial to show me how to maximize the tool. It just feels that there is a whole world of features, customization, and possibilities that I'm unable to access because the instructions and guides are buried deep.

SR

Sheryl R.

Publishing, 201-500 employees

Awesome Product! SAVE TONS OF TIME!

We are a publishing and marketing company, our publishing proofreading was mostly manually and emails. With the COVID pandemic, we were forced out of our physical space and we had no choice but to move from a completely manual process to be fully automated, as we are all working remotely from various regions throughout the Caribbean. Ziflow brought us to the realization that proofing didn't need to be as difficult as it used to. The customer service from Ziflow is the best! They responded within minutes and solved our queries in a reasonable time.

Pros

The functionalities. We love the ability to have unlimited reviewers, comparing side by side, realtime comment/updates, web-based, very flexible, easy to use and ability to create workflows to manage our various publications.

Cons

I thought for long and I really cannot find the negative with Ziflow. I find that it lags when uploading bulk files, maybe an internet speed issue from my end. All systems have a flaw but right now I have not experienced anything major with Ziflow's

AC

Amanda C.

Ziflow for an easy flow

I'm really happy with Ziflow, I think it does what it says it will with little to no issues. It's software, things happen, and nothing is perfect.

Pros

Keeps our team and clients organized on feedback. No more back and forth emails where things can get missed.

Cons

It can be a lot to set up on the backend to get it just right but what tool isn't like that?

JT

Josh T.

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

Ticked all the boxes

The marketing and regulatory teams at Ego Pharmaceuticals have been using Ziflow for a couple of weeks now and feedback has been nothing but overwhelmingly positive. I've had comments like "This is so much better than the old process!" and "I'm wasting so much less time on email!" I must have evaluated more than a dozen proofing systems before settling on Ziflow. It's a little pricier than some of...

Pros

High level of customisation and a variety of markup tools.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve for content creators (because we set up a fairly strict workflow with custom data fields), but the roll-out so far has been extremely smooth.

MT

Maxime T.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

Extremely helpful software for any art team

At first it was a little bit hard to switch our e-mail workflow to ziflow, but it was mainly due to habit. Once the team understood the purpose and advantages of this program there is no turning back.

Pros

As an animator, it is simply genius to be able to look at the clients comment in real time and with every comment timestamped. As an added bonus, I love the fact that they can simply point to something and Ziflow automatically makes an arrow pointing to the right stop. Not everybody is good at explaining what to change, but Ziflow definitely makes the process faster and simpler.

Cons

I wish you could replace a file in a version without having to create a new version. If for example you imported the wrong file or you realise you made a mistake, it would be good to be able to switch the file (at least before the artist complete their auto-evaluation.

SG

Spencer G.

Printing, 11-50 employees

Improved Our Workflow!

Our team loves Ziflow it is easy to understand and our customers understand it more than our previous proofing process. The process of switching and setting it up was quick and easy. We feel it was a great switch and it was well worth the time to change over.

Pros

Ziflow has made our daily work much better than how we handled it before. They are easy to use and intuitive; we even have fewer customers asking how to approve their proofs than before Ziflow.

Cons

I do wish the Integrations were not an enterprise-only feature. We have the Business package, which is the highest package available at the current time except for moving to an enterprise package.

SG

Stacy G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Ziflow streamlines our creative proofing workflow

Our company has tried a couple of other proofing software products, and Ziflow has been the best fit for us so far.

Pros

Once you set up the proper workflows in Ziflow, it makes editing your creative assets so easy. The comments and editing tools make it clear what to change in your document, and getting feedback is so easy.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches and it doesn't behave how we want it to, but customer support has been so great! They jump right on it when we reach out.

LS

Logan S.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

A great tool for collaboration and proofing of multiple file types.

Overall, Ziflow has improved our workflow, reduced the Creative teams stress of multiple edits, hard copy edits and version control. We wish we had a few extra features as we cannot justify the price increase to get a wealth of more features (most of which we wouldn't use) - there almost needs to be a mid package between the two.

Pros

Ziflow offers a wealth of accepted file types which is perfect for our intended usage. I've not yet come across a file type that hasn't been accepted. The structure of our team means that members of our group sometimes cannot get access to view vector formats natively, however, Ziflow enables this and more. The ease of uploading and sending proofs around our organisation has sped up our workflow and allowed for more time in the creation process.

Cons

At times, we notice a lull in connectivity and uptime, but not often. Whenever we do, Ziflow Support is active and responsive and alert us to any known problems/estimated time to fixes. The Zifow status website is also incredibly helpful to determine quickly if the problem is on our end. The only other downfall is that certain features, we feel that should be included in the business package are only in enterprise, and the pricing step up to enterprise is considerably more.

AB

Adam B.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Feature rich review solution.

Ziflow handles all of our file reviews from PDFs and images through to HTML5 and Videos. The initial setup was configured in a few minutes and the support team have handled any issues very quickly and competently. Clients who have used the system have all reported back positively.

Pros

Ziflow is very simple for users and clients to adopt. The UI is extremely user-friendly and the features within the system make the review process streamlined. Proof workflows are flexible and can be handled in stages with manual or automatic triggers allowing project managers to regain the time they would have spent back and forth via email.

Cons

None. The solution fits our business requirements.

DG

Danielle G.

Ziflow is Great!

Overall experience has been great. The initial process and transition was seamless and the sales team was very helpful. Customer service is also very helpful and Ziflow cares about their customers and their experience

Pros

I like that it allows the team and different departments to be able to collaborate in one space. The platform is user friendly and easy to navigate

Cons

Sometimes we have challenges with the processing time for proofs also that Ziflow is down or glitching pretty often

NC

Nori C.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

I'm Addicted!

At first I was saddened to learn that our company was switching from ProofHQ, but soon learned to appreciate Ziflow just as much, if not more. Ziflow’s Support Team is the best! They always respond quickly and are amazing at troubleshooting anything that comes up. They’re great listeners, willing to take time to understand your concerns and provide the best solutions, and they are wonderful at answering questions and explaining anything you don’t understand. I love how Ziflow is constantly evolving. Ziflow team takes customer requests into consideration for product updates and is always looking for ways to build in features that make our work easier.

Pros

Creating a proof really is as easy as sending an email. Automated Workflow is my favorite thing about Ziflow. It’s easy to set up, there’s so much you can do with it, and it helps save so much time. (It’s also tremendously fun to use and watch in action.) You can create Groups to help populate Stages rapidly, instead of entering individual reviewers one at a time. You can customize the dashboard...

Cons

The only con I can think of is that I love using Ziflow so much I spend more time sitting in front of the computer than I probably should!

RB

Rajesh B.

Animation, 1-10 employees

Perfect for Remote Animators and Animation Teams

Pros

I like that it's intuitive and does what I need it to do. It almost perfectly solves the problem of having to leave notes on videos. Without it, I'd have to download the video and open it up in another software and make edits myself. And if sharing with a client and expecting them to do the same? forgetaboutit. With Ziflow, I can mark on top of frames and leave time-specific notes. All without having to download additional software. Clients love it because it means they can leave notes easily and without any learning curves.

Cons

I'm a limited use case, so this probably doesn't apply to anyone other than cartoon animators, but I'd like more "natural" drawing tools and the ability to see the waveform for the audio track in videos. Frame by frame controls may already exist, but I haven't had the opportunity to try them. This critique doesn't apply to 99.9% of their users' needs nor with 99.9% of my clients needs. But if it did exist, it would transform the cartoon animation industry overnight.

SJ

SANDRA J.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Get everyone on the same page (or Proof)

Very good. I have seen improvements since I started using it and it has become a vital part of my job. I don't have to track down coworkers to resolve incongruent feedback. With Ziflow they can resolve it on the same document.

Pros

It is very versatile. If you are an approver you can use multiple tools such as text selection or drawing to get your feedback across clearly. If you spend a little time customizing your settings there are some great things built in to help you save time and keep organized. If you have a group of people who often are needed for approvals or different groups that approve specific things, then you can set up approval groups and rather than add each individually you can add the whole group at once. If you need to track previous approvals you can set up folders to sort them in so later you can easily find whatever you need.

Cons

It could be more intuitive. I often need to remind someone on a proof, and it can be a bit of trial and error finding the right menu /page that has the type of reminder you need to send.

NW

Nick W.

Printing, 1-10 employees

Excellent Online Proofing Tool

Ziflow are passionate about their product, and provide enthusiastic and understanding support when needed - which tbh is very rarely as the software is intuitive and well documented.

Pros

Allowing our clients to access proofs on the widest range of devices was imperative, as was the ability for us to interface with Ziflow via their very efficient API. Our in-house ordering system is a one click approach to process proofs, emails, and workflows. Integrating Ziflow as part of this single click methodology was essential. Previously with ProofHQ we had daily complaints about not being able to access proofs. Since taking on ZiFlow all we get is positive comments about how easy it is, both from our team in managing workflows, and from our clients in viewing, posting comments, downloading files etc. Overall: First Class.

Cons

The API could handle proof uploads more efficiently, but this is a minor gripe in a sea of positivity and there were some issues at the outset getting the API examples to work.

BT

Ben T.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Ziflow embeded in our tech stack

Splash considers Ziflow a key partner in our global processes and tech stack. The Ziflow team are excellent to work with, quick to respond to new feature requests and the product is very robust. It makes all our internal and client processes very efficient.

Pros

At Splash we have integrated Ziflow into our own technology. It is key for how we manage projects from internal quality control to how we get content across all channels approved. It is easy to use and creates a single way of working across Video, Digital, Print and Social assets. The way it can be embeded into our platform and how we can share some of its features across both platforms works seamlessly for our users globally.

Cons

I think some of the customisation of screens and workflows wasnt there when we first started to use Ziflow, but these have been quickly addressed and improved,

BC

Ben C.

Marketing and Advertising, 5,001-10,000 employees

Integrating with Ziflow

We was looking for a proofing and annotation tool that featured modern browser based functionality that was simple to integrate with. And that is exactly what we got with Ziflow!

Pros

Ziflow has an extensive API that made integration between Ziflow and another web application seamless and simple to configure. All functionality that we wanted to utilize that is available in the interface was available to us via the API making many possibilities available to us. It also gives us great options for expanding our integration with all the other great functionality Ziflow has to offer.

Cons

The file hand off options were limited with and the S3 integration didnt quite work out for us. More options for different cloud vendors here would be useful. Sometimes rendering times can be time consuming, however this is often expected with the size of the files.

CD

Cori D.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Convenient and easy way to collaborate and consolidate reviews

Pros

Ziflow makes the review process so much easier than our old (non-) process. We used to send emails or pdfs or make phone calls (and therefore make hand-written notes). And then send another pdf via email with another version. Everyone would respond with their own email or pdf which would result in conflicting edits and lots of re-work. ziflow makes collaborating on reviews so quick, easy and painless. Everyone can see what what everyone is saying and have conversions about something, resolving issues before they become issues. The ziflow IT team is continually making updates to their program; they rollout new features often which include addressing or resolving issues that we'll request.

Cons

There is little I dislike. As a developer I route full websites in ziflow and have little to complain about. This is hands down the best tool I have found to consolidate reviews and notes for a website. Any issues I have encountered are either extremely minor or have been resolved by the ziflow team very quickly. They are very responsive which is great.

KO

Kelly O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Using Ziflow to review figure redraws for med-comms

It has been helpful to have the workflow of figure redraws all contained in this one review system. I have a great overview of all proofs in progress and the stage they are at and have the ability to reassign amends when needed. Any time we have had a glitch or problem with Ziflow, we are helped by their customer servivce team immediately and it is usually solved the same day which is really helpful.

Pros

I like that it controls who has access to proofs, that we have a three stage review process that is clear and easy to follow. I like that it logs all comments and iterations of the proof and maintains version history. I like that it is straightforward to reassign proofs to other members of my team if necessary.

Cons

We use Ziflow in a Presentations team and only use Ziflow to review figure redraws at present. A big part of our workflow is PowerPoint presentations, however Ziflow cannot review these yet. I understand that flattened versions of slides can be submitted but we do advanced animated PPTs with pop-ups and transitions that need to be maintained. It would be great if down the line, Ziflow allows us to do this too.

RG

Rhiannon G.

Pharmaceuticals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Love the versioning!

Mixed, I wish we had more options to customise the fields to our individual teams, as a lot of the information boxes aren't useful or suitable for our work. And then in other cases, there are boxes/fields we wish we did have - but if one adjustment is made it affects the whole company, but there are so many different offshoots and ways of working, having 'one size fits all' doesn't work.

Pros

The versioning tool is super helpful, and allows me to easily track through previous version and comments, as well as compare different versions side by side.

Cons

The time it takes to upload and process - and some times fail altogether.

VG

Vipooshan G.

ZiFlow - Essential for My Workflow

ZiFlow has mostly been a positive experience. I use it daily and would recommend it to someone in my shoes.

Pros

I love ZiFlow. As a Production Artist, ZiFlow helps my colleagues review my work and provide feedback. They are able to do this easily with the many tools ZiFlow provides. They can comment and reply in proofs and even tag others who are apart of the the review process.ZiFlow has some neat tools that only lets who I want to review see my proofs. This helps me get my work to the right people quickly. I need to get quick approvals on a lot of my work and ZiFlow helps make this painless.

Cons

I wish ZiFlow would add to its user interface a bit more and help users navigate through the site better.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

It's easy to proofread your work on the web

As a group, we are learning how to successfully communicate across many teams, from designers and high-level managers to those who work on the project. Emails are no longer lost in the ether. In addition, fewer emails are being exchanged. You'll be able to pinpoint exactly where a shift is required. All the digital editing and commenting options are excellent. That you can make so many highlights in one comment is my favorite feature. The ability to zoom in and export as a PDF, as well as to print, is also quite convenient.

Pros

Ziflow makes it simple to share PDFs with employees and anybody outside of the company who requires them. There is no need for them to compose a lot of emails. Ziflow's digital proofs can be edited and rotated, and they can also be marked up (which for us was a big feature).

Cons

Only one issue has been a problem for the team. Due date proof can be difficult to discern. An on-screen notification, while you're looking at a locked proof, would be even better than what we now have.

JD

Jenn David C.

Design, 11-50 employees

Wish we had used this sooner

The customer service is nothing short of phenomenal. From the free demos prior to purchase (We did several) to the training program after purchase, to the random questions we frequently email them about, they are thorough, clear, quick on the response (super fast in fact) and have even done impromptu quick video sessions to walk though an answer.

Pros

The features are incredible, it's a little daunting at first when you learn everything Ziflow can do but you can use only what you need first and then use more functions as you go. Though there is a learning curve, it's really easy to use once you get over the learning. I love the automated workflows. Ziflow is great for getting large teams and especially virtual teams more streamlined in our artwork review process with clients and for managing a large volume of work projects with clients.

Cons

There are some ancillary features I would like Ziflow to have. When I've asked, customer support has provided a usable workaround if available and they always add it to their future feature request list. I respect that Ziflow knows their purpose and doesn't try to be all things. They do what they do extremely well.

Terry-Ann C.

Publishing, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

The Perfect Solution for all Online Proofing needs!

Ziflow has improved the overall delivery and quality of our product, which is the Telephone Directory. For many years we were stuck in doing our task in such a mundane fashion that was not only time-consuming but increase our error percentage. We just could not seem to find the right software that would meet our expectations. With the pandemic being our new reality, we had to find the right solution and that is what Ziflow did for us. I was amazed when other team members commented on how easy it was to use.

Pros

There are so many amazing highlights but these are my big deals when using Ziflow: Better clarity with the tools feature – Prior to Ziflow, there were often much miscommunication and confusion about instructions written on the proof sheet. Now we have one platform where it is easy and fun to use these mark-up options for better clarity. They are also interactive and fun! Efficiency – Having eliminated...

Cons

Aside from the daily digest, which is really minor, I have no issues.