Copper Reviews

4.41/5 (334 reviews)

Mark Burdon

Copper, formerly ProsperWorks - Great tool for G Suite/Google Apps Users

Reviewed 2018-08-12

I've used Copper (under its original brand) both as a freelance digital contractor and in an agency setting. I found the standalone app to work fine, but there's no comparison to how well it worked with gMail, Google Docs and other elements of G Suite. I read a Forbes article about the rebrand and apparently Copper signals a move for the company where their apps are on Google Cloud, and to better support G Suite, and that seems like great news. If you are an agency using G Suite it seems to be a no-brainer to use Copper to me. Especially for tracking emails and customer conversations related to opportunities. The rebrand caught me by surprise when I was looking for something for a client. The Forbes article sheds some light on the rebrand and evolution. I'm a little biased as I wrote an article once for ProsperWorks, but this review is strictly from my experiences with the app, and the company. They have great customer success follow-up and have many scheduled support resources/weekly webinars to ensure you get the best out of your investment. I don't sell this app, I just was happy with how easy it was to use the tool, I've worked with Dynamics CRM, Salesforce and other CRM apps and I stand by my appreciation for how great this app is for G Suite and for agencies.

Anonymous

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

Reviewed 2018-11-01

Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Alirio Rubén Rivero Rodríguez

I work with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a great support to manage my company.

Reviewed 2018-07-14

I work in a service company that offers hardware and software solutions with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a fundamental support for the management of our company, it allows us to follow up on the objectives set, measure deviations, marketing actions and contact with our customers.Prosperwork is a CRM, which works in the cloud, which allows improving the sales management of any company. Among the most brilliant features is the complete merger with the Google Suite, but that articulation does not stop there, it also has the option of integrating with other web tools such as MailChimp, on cloud solution for handling email marketing campaigns, which makes an essential support tool for the work of our marketing department. It also offers synchronization with Dropbox, which makes it easy to transfer information through the tool. Due to being a solution on cloud, you can follow up, in real time, the work of the sales department. Contributing to the making of early decisions, avoiding the deviation from the goal proposed by our board.

Duane Kunz

This is the best CRM for a small business I have ever used

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Ease of use, Flexibility, Multi Businesses can be operated from the same database. This system is easy to customize and automate. I like that it can be automated to other programs I use using Zapier or direct links to the software through API. It is also most useful because it integrates well with Gmail. Training team members is easy and straightforward. Their support tools make bring new people onto the system effortless. Each channel of sales can have it's own steps process to complete a sale. You can do reports by each Channel.

A Must for Business!

Reviewed 2018-07-19

The overall experience has been great! The training is very good and ProsperWorks makes a genuine effort to properly onboard their clients unlike some software companies that want to sign you up and then leave you on your own. At a bare minimum, ProsperWorks raises an awareness of where every opportunity is in the sales process for the rep and the manager, leading to more customer touches. When properly used, it's truly a tool to increase sales and provide guidance and structure for a sales person throughout their day. And it can be accessed from anywhere! I like the robust feature set that ProsperWorks CRM offers. The ability for the application to "scrape" emails from the interactions with each client is a big plus, too. It's relatively easy-to-use for early to mid adopters and the learning curve for a deployment is minor assuming most the people in the organization are somewhat savvy with web-based applications. I'm a manager of an outside sales environment so the amount of administrative control and the ability to assign roles to specific reps is helpful. I can set it up where each rep sees their own activity and not the activity of others. The app version of the software for iOS and Android is awesome as well. Very robust. You can enter info on the fly using your smart phone and it's all waiting for you when you open your laptop! It's a must for anyone doing territory sales.

Lauren Munar

It doesn't get easier to enter your contacts into a CRM than Prosperworks

Reviewed 2018-01-18
Review Source: Software Advice

We all live in our inboxes these days, right? This is where the greatness of Prosperworks comes in. All you have to do is roll over the email address of a contact in your Gmail (using the Prosperworks Chrome extension) and with one click, you can add a contact to your database. *Bye* data entry! It's also very intuitive as it automatically asks once you've added someone to your contacts whether you want to create an opportunity or task reminder for that person to ensure that you are monetizing your lead gen and staying on top of potential clients. The system also looks at who you've been in contact with recently and asks if you want to add them to your database. Again, with just one click, you're growing your database regularly. Mass upload of contacts is simple and easy, as is exporting contacts. There are a lot of automation options available such as Mailchimp and virtually anything else that is available to connect on Zapier. Email templates with mergtags are easy to set up. Lots of customization options across the board.

Erica Lee

Perfect Small Business Solution

Reviewed 2017-02-09
Review Source: Software Advice

ProsperWorks is not as widely known (yet) as many other CRM providers in the industry, but it is a strong contender in the arena. It has all the basic features and more for a business that needs a CRM system, and it seamlessly integrates with Gmail/Google for Business, which is a huge plus!The Gmail integration is vital in so many ways, including record-keeping, recalling information, setting reminders for follow-ups and organizing project-related information. It's also highly intuitive. Although there are a number of self-paced and personal training opportunities, a relatively tech savvy individual should be able to navigate it with little trouble. It also includes a capability to keep your leads separate from your actual customers, while also moving them through a pipeline that you design. The Opportunities feature does the same thing, allowing you to visually track where any sales are and analyze any snags in your process.

Praveen Rajan

ProsperWorks is one of the best CRM solutions I used so far

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Has a standardized graphical user interface. Has superb marketing feature. It is simple to install the setup and doesn't require much training on its usage. Helps you track leads and automatically sending them notifications, thereby increasing the sales. It is cloud-based and is integrated with Google applications making it easy to track all the interactions with your clients, Mailchimp, linked in. You can create and notes for each lead. It has a feature, wherein you can check if a prospect has opened your mail or not. The customer service and support team are very responsive. Each of the client’s profile comprises relevant information in addition to the previous conversation threads. Pipeline reporting helps large businesses. You can prioritize and plan all your events and meetings and set up task reminders. As it is integrated with Google products, manual data entry is avoided and it has helped in saving time and minimizing errors.

Basil Camu

Exceptional! I tried every major platform (plus a few minor ones) over a year and chose ProsperWorks

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Most importantly, this platform has dramatically increased our ability to effectively and easily pursue sales leads longer and better than we were able to do previously. This has translated into more sales. Sales is what it's all about.Most platforms are either too simplistic or WAY too complicated (think SalesForce). Prosperworks is lives in the Goldilocks zone of "just right". We are a medium size company that cannot afford a full time CRM engineer, so perhaps my decision would be different under these circumstances. But I have had nothing but a great experience with using ProsperWorks. Also, it's highly intuitive and the architecture is designed such that you do not have to click through things to get to other things. From nearly any point in the platform you can create entries or access the information you need. This saves a lot of time over the course of the day.

Jonathan Dean

Satisfied although they need to evolve a bit more

Reviewed 2018-07-22
Review Source: Software Advice

If you want a good solid system, inexpensive, that is distributed amongst free google functions get it. We looked at a lot of crms and pick this one.We are a small two-person firm needing a simple crm to manage our clients. Prosperworks/Copper works for us. We can enter companies and people and attach notes. We have installed it under a Google G Suite account so we use Gmail for mail, Google calendar, Google contacts and Google Drive. P/C integrates with all of these and works fine. Updates in the crm propagate to gmail and contacts. It also logs emails under the right person. P/C has a facility for Tasks (which we don't really use - it is a bit lunky) , Leads and Opportunities which we don't use so we can't comment on them. Since you are not using a big crm it is very inexpensive yet gives us everything we need.

Brad Eisenberg

Ideal for sales teams that operate in G Suite

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2017-06-01

Hands down ProsperWorks is the most well integrated CRM with Google Suite. The built in integrations means a ton less manual data entry, and GMail side bar make accessing contact and opportunity info quick and easy. I also really like the elegance and simplicity of the user interface and user experience across the side bar, web app, and mobile app. A particularly stellar features is the board layout of opportunities in the web app that makes project and pipeline tracking incredibly transparent. Lastly, their customer service is stellar. Within 10 mins of signing up for a free trial, I received a call from their support team and scheduled a demo with an account rep that has been extremely helpful and accessible throughout.

Andrew Chinn

Beware, especially when it comes to pricing

Reviewed 2018-03-28
Review Source: Software Advice

Beware of Prosperworks pricing strategy...of course nobody picks up a CRM system for a few months, not if you are making a serious decision for your company. Then, of course, the pricing decision favours the bigger payment annual plan (as opposed to the smaller monthly payment which is much higher on an ongoing basis) so I expect most businesses to opt for the annual plan. But BEWARE of two things: 1) If you terminate at any time then "All charges are final, non-cancelable, and nonrefundable," This means you can sign on annually, use it for a month, give them their required 60 days termination notice, cancel.....but no refund. 2) AUTO RENEWAL. There is no prior notice on the 12 month mark. We had decided not to renew and thought we would get off the system at end of the 12 month period. Unfortunately, we thought we had commenced in March, but it turns out to be February, by which time the annual fee has been already taken from our account...then we are into the NOT REFUND terms. Advice: I don't believe any small company can assess a crm for suitability during the 2 week free period after which we were forced to make a purchase decision. To save money (and we intended to be long term users) we signed on for annual plan. We stopped using the system after 6 months. I'm sure that Prosperworks knows this. This doesn't stop them from auto billing 12 months in advance without prior notice. Now we are paying for 2 years usage, having only used the system for 6 months. More advice...the reason why we didn't immediately terminate from Prosperworks after 6 months (when we stopped using it) is obvious: we need to get our customer data out and that takes time. You should be aware of this as well: "All of Your Content on the Service may be permanently deleted by ProsperWorks upon any termination of your account in its sole discretion." The customer service girl, after listening to my story said today "you can cancel on 60 days notice" but she did not tell me 1) that there would be no refunds (as per ProsperWorks terms) and 2) that they would delete all my data. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. This is a marketing trap.I thought the gmail integration would be a good idea, it turns out that you have to (almost) click every email attached to the customer to see what is going on and alot of emails are just copies of previous emails. Prosperworks marketing is really good, and the interface and sell looks good. Also, any person who reviews Prosperworks say within 2 months of using the system will likely give 5 starts....I think reviewers should wait a bit and test the system more. In our case, we have now been with the company and the software for over a year.

Greg Hamblin

Too Glitchy and Poor Support.

Reviewed 2018-02-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Let me be clear, this product has great potential, and is almost good enough. But after multiple bad experiences with support, and an apparently stagnated development calendar, and very serious glitches, I suggest people stay away for a few years till this software can grow up a little.What I like is the idea. This should be a great software. But the key features it lacks and the DISMAL support team make it not worth the money.

bob jones

Extremely Limited

Reviewed 2016-11-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Tried PW for my insurance biz. It was a total waste of time. It took 20+ hours to set up for my business and did very little to help organize contacts/meetings/notes as I required. Also needed to be able to filter/search for data. Overall, it lacked customization. Wanted to add custom fields like birthdates. This proved impossible, as the date field required input via pop up calendar, so you'd have to click through every month to get back to January 1 1965. I talked to their support people for a total of 3 hours and the conclusion of it all was "the software can't do that and we're not going to implement that unless a ton of people ask for it." That should have been a red flag because it just got worse. Importing data is super annoying. If you have a google sheet you want to import, you have to download it as a CSV then re-upload it, and hope the fields match up. It also adds a bunch of tags to crap that makes a huge data mess you end up wasting hours to fix. The dashboard is a total waste of space. There is no useful information. The People section is basically a glorified Excel spread sheet. When you export your data it grabs the fields, but leaves all of the activity notes behind, so you cannot back those Custom filters are another massive failure. If you want to filter by X but exclude everyone who already has Y, it's impossible. I think an undergrad designed this system because it lacks advanced features severely. If you want to set up a daily to-do queue, forget it. You might as well use paper checklist or a spreadsheet. Another major problem is that it will pull info out of your google contacts and if you check the box for Sync with Contacts, it will completely destroy your hardwork in contacts. It deletes data out of fields, such as addresses and phone numbers. You have to pay for another software called Pieworks to fix that, but it's also terrible. A simple basic feature that should be included is not, and you have to pay yet another monthly sub for something really stupid that should be there. It has an app for android, and it was convenient when out of the office. You can pull up the contact and if you just had a meeting with them, dictate the notes into logging a meeting. If you need to call them, just tap their phone number, and at the end of the call PW is already logging your call, just enter the notes about topics of discussion. However, the app needs improvement in terms of the dashboard, such as calendar and to do list like a call queue or other service tasks. You have to submit tickets for every little thing. It's extremely annoying and waste of your time. I decided to cancel this, pulled all of my data out of PW and set it up in a spreadsheet. PW is barely more than a spreadsheet with a pretty interface. It's not worth the money. You might as well use something free -- or spend the money and get a real CRM with all the features you really need. They will not let you cancel. There is no place to remove your billing information or cancel your plan. You have to submit a ticket and hope they answer it, but more likely, they'll ignore it because they are a greedy company that ignores the requests users make on their website for changes. They claim they are the CRM google uses, but that's not true. This is a very immature piece of software that cannot handle a serious business with specialized needs. They may have partnered with Interface is OK but needs improvement. The app was convenient, but needs a better dashboard.

Emily Frazer

Perfect option for my small business

Reviewed 2018-07-20

I use PW as a solo business owner (it's just me, no employees). I run a medical-based business with clients who (hopefully) repeat business in 3, 6, or 12 months. With tags in Prosperworks, I can tag a client with the date they're due back and then find all clients due back (August 2018) for example. It really helps my workflow/tracking. I like the ability to track a client from appointment setting through follow-up in the "Opportunity" function. The integration with Gmail is critical for me as I also use G Suite as base for my business.I absolutely love the seamless integration with gmail! I love the filter option when looking for customer information. The ability to create "Opportunities" for contacts is really helpful in tracking my workflow through the days/weeks.

Peter Duffy

The best CRM out there!

Reviewed 2018-09-27

We are a B2B SAAS startup and needed a user-friendly and powerful CRM platform. We use Google For Business for email. We reviewed all the leading CRM platforms, and Copper was the clear leader. It is easy to use and makes sales outreach a breeze. Highly recommended. My company has been using Copper for over a year and we love it. Being able to customize it to meet each business needs is amazing and has made this product fit our business like a glove. We also like that the reports are fast and you can easily manage users permissions. The main benefits are: User-friendly; zero clutter Makes sales outreach and activity tracking much easier. Tight integration with Gmail Terrific customer service Excellent reporting

Tyrone Botelho

Perfect CRM Solution for Our Small Business

Reviewed 2017-03-01
Review Source: Software Advice

We started exploring CRM's in October and were drawn to Salesforce because this CRM what our peers and mentors were encouraging us to use. We downloaded the sample software and were immediately overwhelmed by the complexity of the program. We saw how Salesforce may be great for a super big business but for our small consulting firm with 4 employees it was too complex. The initial appeal was that Prosperworks linked pretty seamlessly with our Google Enterprise suite and was so so so so SO easy to set up! It has been about two months now and we are already feeling the ease lifted from our shoulders. We were managing all of our clients using spreadsheets and in doing so where missing invoices, forgetting important details and not following up! Now we have automated task to remind us of things and thanks to integration with Zapier, its like we have an entire team of online robots supporting us! The look and feel = it's not intimidating and actually is easy to use The integrations have been really helpful (we are waiting for the quickbooks integration with excitement) We say immediate results in our reduction of stress and increased capacity within 2 weeks.

Robyn Mitchell

Prosperworks CRM

Reviewed 2016-10-03
Review Source: Software Advice

There was confusion from the beginning as to who my main point of contact was to get started. I had an initial person, then interacted with two others. None were able to assist with questions about merging my domain name email with my gmail account. The CRM software specifically caters to gmail users. That was fine as I had set up my domain name email to send/receive via my gmail account. None of the support persons were able to advise or confirm if Prosperworks would still work with my domain email via gmail. I was instructed by one of them that I would need to also subscribe to the paid Google for Business service. From the onset I was asked and confirmed I was only interested in the level. As I'm a new agent in Real Estate, and I would be the sole user, I did not need, nor could afford the bells and whistles. One of the key selling points was the ability to track and see when my emails were opened. At no point in my various conversations with 3 different consultants was I told that this feature was only available at the price point. It was only after I had installed the software and inquired about the missing feature that I was told I wasn't eligible. Also, the ongoing question about the integration of my domain name email address was never satisfied. After playing around with the app, importing contacts and setting up both my gmail and domain name email in the app during the free trial period, I discovered that I would need to pay for an additional account for the "second email" even though it was me the same person. My take-away was that I would need to pay for each additional subscriber. When compared to others like Hub Spot, this is simply a bad deal. At no point during the onboarding process was this explained until I was ready to confirm payment/my own personal email issues. I was told a supervisor who would be more knowledgable would be in touch. It was around a week later I heard from a supervisor. By then I had moved on. I informed her that I had discovered HubSpot and would be using that as my CRM moving forward. HubSpot is free and also comes with the feature to track opened emails. The supervisor told me that HubSpot was NOT a CRM. It is. So, in the end I would not recommend Prosperworks. It seems this app is too new and the support team is lacking in knowledge. At the basic level of it's not worth it when compared to others that offer the majority of the same features for free. useful if you use gmail exclusively.

Brian Waters

I've used multiple CRMs and ProsperWorks is the best product on the market!

Reviewed 2018-04-24

It's easy to use, easy to set up, great customer service, easy to customize, great value and easily the best CRM I've ever used. The Gmail integration is amazing and the whole team loves the product.

Erik Leatherwood

I started a new sales team with this CRM and it is better than anything else on the market!

Used other for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-01-15
Review Source: Software Advice

I was looking for something that could keep everything organized for my salesmen and I wanted something that was like salesforce but cheaper. This was actually better than anything Ive tried and it was much cheaper. I could assign prospects to a team member and follow every step of the way. I could even check the email that are sent out in templates. I can see the activity on each account and I know when there is no activity. The pipeline is simple and very effective. I can easily track all the sales for the entire team in seconds. I can also assign task for each salesperson to do and have an alarm email me upon completion. No opportunity is lost without me getting an email to check on it. The team can upload docs and record all notes without closing the app. We are using a variety of different computers on it. Mac's, PC's, and Chrome books. It also connects right in with my Google G-Suit and all emails to clients are automaticly picked up and recorded in the CRM. Customer support does have a phone number and not just email.

Frédéric Lacoste Bienvenue

The CRM that is built for GSUITE with the same mentality

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Great relationship, love their productIt is amazing, Copper go get all the information right from the emails, linked in account of your new added person, generate lead, create opportunity easily. all with the easyness should I say googleness? really their addon for gsuite succeed to keep me on my gmail page for 80% of my crm work. simply wow!

Mike Wade

Copper (formerly Prosperworks) is a solid CRM

Reviewed 2018-10-13

Copper lets us track leads, manage contacts, and follow up with people. It's a nice cloud system that can be accessed from anywhere.It's easy to enter and track contacts or prospects in the system. It syncs with Google so there is some integration there. Overall it's a pretty intelligent system that's straightforward.

Kevin Pledge

G-Suite Integrated CRM

Reviewed 2017-07-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pricing is great for small companies. We want a solution that can expand by users, but we don't want something that becomes significantly more expensive as additional users are less critical. We feel this is a great solution to include support staff on.Seamless G-Suite Integration Automatically generates profiles, bringing in information from the web such as LinkedIn and Twitter accounts. Pipeline is very useful - extends Google functionality.

Dave Cuzner

Best CRM out there if you are looking for Gmail Intergration

Reviewed 2018-11-13

Huge time saver.I have tested many CRMs and Copper's Gmail integration is the best. The design of the interface is unobtrusive, very intuitive and presents the information in a way that allows you to quickly take action. Also the contact information it imports and presents from email recipients is the best I have seen. Most of the other CRMs I tested required some level of manual entry, where Copper imported all the important fields automatically and on average was much more accurate.

Getting back my time

Reviewed 2018-07-23

Copper has given my team the extra time we needed to go through reports, analyse them and provide feedback while creating stronger relationships with our clients. We have grown over 40% since getting Copper CRM just over a year ago.As a G Suite user, Copper CRM has really helped me plough back my time. The tight integration with G Suite from Google allows me to create new client pipelines straight from my inbox. I no longer manually enter customer details. This has given me back almost 1 hour a day!