Copper Reviews

Copper

The CRM designed for G Suite.

4.35/5 (402 reviews)

Pros
  • This is a super intuitive, easy to implement system. It is super customizable and have allowed our remote team to work more efficiently and effectively.Nicole H.Read the full review
  • They have great customer success follow-up and have many scheduled support resources/weekly webinars to ensure you get the best out of your investment.Mark B.Read the full review
  • I love that it syncs to our G-Suite environment. Having all of that information on a record is truly helpful to gain insight on our relationship with a customer.Ariell H.Read the full review
Cons
  • Good until inability to cancel. Now I feel the product is majorly defective as you cannot refuse to let customers cancel and continue billing them.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Any mistakes during data imports caused all sorts of data problems. There is no automating of drip email campaigns.Timothy W.Read the full review
  • We were limited on the number of record types we can create. We deal with services and there was no way to customize the software to include this.Ghadeir A.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Remco van der Pluijm

Very easy to use CRM tool for all Google G Suite users.

Reviewed 2020-02-18

Dashboard for most important e-mails. Leads and Opportunties Integration with my project tool Wrike

Pros
Neatless integration with Google G Suite and Wrike (for my projects) and many other tools with Zapier. Ease of use.

Cons
I like absolutely everything of Copper CRM.

Response from Copper

Stick the landing, pose, and smile. Thanks for the perfect score, Remco!

Janna Willoughby-Lohr

Copper is helping me keep track of my customers

Reviewed 2020-04-02

Overall it has been helpful to keep track of my contacts. I wish that there were more features for the lower price point, like marketing and email features.

Pros
I like that it syncs to my Gmail and automatically goes back through 1 year of communication to add all those emails to my connections with my contacts. The Gmail extension makes it super easy to add new contacts to my CRM and keep track of our conversations. It also makes it easy to keep track of leads and opportunities and what stage they are at. The Task function is nice how it adds to-do items to my calendar and sends me reminders. That is helpful so I don't forget to do things daily.

Cons
It's pretty expensive for only one user and many of the best features of it are only available for the higher pay level. Also, it's doable to use from Gmail on a phone but not easy. I wish the app extension worked better.

Timothy Waxenfelter

Hooked in by Gmail integration, Pushed Away by Lack of Features

Reviewed 2020-02-03

The icing on the cake for us with Copper (which had an easier to remember name when it was called Prosperworks), was that we decided to cancel and reached out about ending our contract. Since we did it after the end of the 2nd year of our contract, we were now committed for a 3rd year. We had to remember to do so a month in advance of the end of our 1 year. Now, anyone who is in SaaS knows that this is insane. This is a self-setup system (I may have spoken to a person once). The only reason to do this is to take advantage of your customers. This is a terrible practice and I wish we had never made the mistake of engaging with them.

Pros
We embraced Copper even though it was a little pricey for a small business and required us to commit to a year. Our main reason for using it is that everyone in the company has to at some points be a salesperson and we thought that a tool built for Gmail would be the best option.

Cons
When we started to seriously use the software for more than big contracts and started to reach out to a lot of prospects, the holes in the system were glaring. There are a ton of small things that just drove us crazy. We ended with tons of duplicates. To eliminate them you have to export to Excel, etc. Not fun and not realistic. Any mistakes during data imports caused all sorts of data problems. There is no automating of drip email campaigns. The navigation is so confusing. We spent a lot of time figuring out where we clicked to get to a particular screen and how to replicate it. I found myself being super careful to do the exact same thing every time because it shows leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities in an alternating left-right fashion that is just confusing. The absolute biggest is that there are no reports that give you any insights into how your email is performing, which is odd because they've written blog posts on the importance of doing so. All you can see is a running list of who opened your email or didn't. It is like looking at a terminal window for error messages.

Response from Copper

Hi Timothy, thanks for the thorough review. We're very sorry about the experience you've had with our team in the past, and we're doing everything we can to make things right.

We understand Emilia from our team reached out and was able to connect with you to better understand where we could better improve and address the hurdles you've run into.

We're happy to hear the lines of communication were open and extend that offer to you beyond Emilia's initial outreach. Thanks again.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Jaimee Imbery

Copper

Reviewed 2020-02-20

Copper has cut down dramatically on administration data entry try which allows for our staff to communicate with our prospects more frequently, which in return is bringing in more business for the company.

Pros
Copper has helped our company tremendously in regarding to time spent updating our CRM systems. We use to have to add all emails to the system, Copper automatically adds all the emails which has cut down on our administration time dramatically. It will also pull contact information for the internet, which also helps cut down time so the time can be spent elsewhere. Another favorite feature is being able to view the contact file in gmail when an email from that specific person comes in.

Cons
We wish that when adding notes into copper, there was more flexibility in regards to changing the color of the font or being able to highlight something within the note. Also, sometimes we have an individual in the system with more than one company but Copper doesn't allow you to add duplicate emails to multiple files.

Response from Copper

Greatly appreciate the feedback, Jaimee!

Jacqueline Crane

Intuitive, Inclusive & Scalable

Reviewed 2020-02-21

Wonderful! The customer service is AMAZING and overall we have converted so much more closed business as a result of effective lead and pipeline management within our company.

Pros
The ability to manage leads, manage pipelines, and store data, along with the ability to automate lead management.

Cons
the lack of ability to integrate with other softwares, the lack of commission management features, and the lack of ability to specifically disburse leads automatically based on tracked conversion rates

Response from Copper

Solid feedback that we'll be sharing with our team. Thank you, Jacqueline!

Tish Carroll

Great Tool for our Company - Manufacturing

Reviewed 2020-02-20

Copper has definitely helped with Project Coordination and communication both internally and externally. The ability to see all emails and communication cuts down on many questions and communication that is not needed. It has been a great tool for our Organization.

Pros
I mainly use and like the Project and the People feature. It allows me to easily convert the Sales Opportunities into Projects once the job is won. Then it opens up the communication with the customer. We also use this in conjunction with MieTRAK Pro and Pandadoc. They work great together.

Cons
Sometimes it takes a while for the data to load.

Response from Copper

Really high praise thank you, Tish!

Madeline Grimes

A lifesaver for small companies!

Reviewed 2020-02-20

I highly recommend Copper to companies who are looking to spend less time organizing touchpoints and more time doing the actual work at hand. Copper makes customer tracking and communications simple and has been a pleasure to work with.

Pros
- Couldn't be easier to implement (went live same day) - Automatically gathers contact information for quick reference and reporting - Easy-to-design email templates, scheduling, pipeline creation

Cons
- Logging in sometimes takes a few tries - Chrome extension sometimes does not automatically login (deters use) - More clear-cut pipeline design for product adoption (could be more customizability for business needs)

Response from Copper

Loving all the gold stars, Madeline! Thank you for the feedback.

Anonymous

Intuitive software at a price

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2020-04-14

Copper was great to use. It has native integration with gmail which makes things easier (you can achieve the same function in other CRM's with only a few steps) It's really nice to work in something that feels google but pricing was just out of the picture for us. Other alternatives like teamwave provide the same/more services for an overall price

Pros
Copper is really easy to use, especially for people new to CRMs and that use g suite/gmail constantly. It connects directly through your gmail and provides the same features as other robust CRMs

Cons
It's really expensive, especially for startups and there are better options out there for a lot cheaper. Great software, exclusive pricing

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Jesse Saunders

Convenient

Reviewed 2020-02-25

Easy to work with and understand once you get into it. Works well for keeping a collection of information on projects in one organized location.

Pros
It was easy for multiple users to interface and access the same information either in the office or in the field.

Cons
We needed a software a little more robust that could working with our current systems and help with estimates.

Response from Copper

Bummed we weren't able to be a part of your tech stack but appreciate the insightful feedback, Jesse.

Hope we can be a solution for you in the future!

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Kamatara Johnson

Daily Use = Time Saved

Reviewed 2020-02-20

Time management, task management, contact information, opportunity pipelines, email logs, project logs, contracts and calling management.

Pros
I love being able to read my teammates emails to our clients so when I speak to that client, I can see what was said or offered or attached. Then we are a united front in communication with no extra time spent.

Cons
I haven't experienced anything yet that I don't like.

Response from Copper

Love that you're saving a ton of time with Copper, Kamatara!

Mark Burdon

Copper, formerly ProsperWorks - Great tool for G Suite/Google Apps Users

Reviewed 2018-08-12

Pros
I've used Copper (under its original brand) both as a freelance digital contractor and in an agency setting. I found the standalone app to work fine, but there's no comparison to how well it worked with gMail, Google Docs and other elements of G Suite. I read a Forbes article about the rebrand and apparently Copper signals a move for the company where their apps are on Google Cloud, and to better support G Suite, and that seems like great news. If you are an agency using G Suite it seems to be a no-brainer to use Copper to me. Especially for tracking emails and customer conversations related to opportunities. The rebrand caught me by surprise when I was looking for something for a client. The Forbes article sheds some light on the rebrand and evolution. I'm a little biased as I wrote an article once for ProsperWorks, but this review is strictly from my experiences with the app, and the company. They have great customer success follow-up and have many scheduled support resources/weekly webinars to ensure you get the best out of your investment. I don't sell this app, I just was happy with how easy it was to use the tool, I've worked with Dynamics CRM, Salesforce and other CRM apps and I stand by my appreciation for how great this app is for G Suite and for agencies.

Cons
I think the Copper rebrand is a sign of lots of changes for this solution, and the Forbes article says that there are positive changes to further align this solution with the Google ecosystem. I will say that the rebrand was news to me, but I haven't used the app in a month or so now since a recent contract ended .

Drew Blomberg

Great CRM for Gmail Users

Reviewed 2019-09-17

Great company with an excellent support team always available. Offer monthly training and update webinars as well.

Pros
Love this CRM as it integrates easily with Gmail. Good ways to customize the pipelines and customer management options.

Cons
Does take some time to set everything up and need to add on a few features to have it customize the way you want.

Response from Copper (formerly ProsperWorks)

Thank you for the kind words, Drew. Taking into consideration your cons for the product and see how we can work to make it better. Thanks again!

Anonymous

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

Reviewed 2018-11-01

Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros
I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons
The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work. Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

Jeff Nelson, MBA

Awesome CRM with Great Support

Excellent.

Pros
- works well with Gmail - works well, intuitive - great support

Cons
too expensive when I try to integrate with MailChimp.

Response from Copper

Thanks, Jeff!

Alirio Rubén Rivero Rodríguez

I work with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a great support to manage my company.

Reviewed 2018-07-14

I work in a service company that offers hardware and software solutions with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a fundamental support for the management of our company, it allows us to follow up on the objectives set, measure deviations, marketing actions and contact with our customers.

Pros
Prosperwork is a CRM, which works in the cloud, which allows improving the sales management of any company. Among the most brilliant features is the complete merger with the Google Suite, but that articulation does not stop there, it also has the option of integrating with other web tools such as MailChimp, on cloud solution for handling email marketing campaigns, which makes an essential support tool for the work of our marketing department. It also offers synchronization with Dropbox, which makes it easy to transfer information through the tool. Due to being a solution on cloud, you can follow up, in real time, the work of the sales department. Contributing to the making of early decisions, avoiding the deviation from the goal proposed by our board.

Cons
We are very satisfied with the solution presented by this software, to the point of not having found ourselves before anything we want to do and can not do it in the tool. Although it is intuitive, it can be a bit confusing to use in the first few changes. Then, everything flows with a lot of precision and speed. The main reason for this situation is the large number of options and configurations that can be made in Prosperwork.

Andrew Ward

Great CRM for Gmail users

Reviewed 2020-02-25

Pros
It works as a plug-in for Gmail. That sounds odd at first, but it actually works great assuming most of your sales activity happens by email - because you can add contacts, companies and opportunities (and access all email history with those contacts) with just a few clicks.

Cons
The sidebar takes up too much space when working on a laptop with a small screen (so I turn it off).

Response from Copper

Love this feedback, Andrew. Really helpful for us as we continue to evolve the product. Thanks!

Duane Kunz

This is the best CRM for a small business I have ever used

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Pros
Ease of use, Flexibility, Multi Businesses can be operated from the same database. This system is easy to customize and automate. I like that it can be automated to other programs I use using Zapier or direct links to the software through API. It is also most useful because it integrates well with Gmail. Training team members is easy and straightforward. Their support tools make bring new people onto the system effortless. Each channel of sales can have it's own steps process to complete a sale. You can do reports by each Channel.

Cons
Support tickets take too long to process. Rather than just provide an answer to your request, the system contacts you to make sure you still have the question open and then you must refresh the ticket. Seems to be a glitch in their Zhen Dest process. Because I am in China doing some work, I find this most irritating. I cannot seem to get them to fix this problem. I wrote a letter to the president of the company after he wrote me wanting to know my opinion of the system but he never answered. The company is growing quickly and that is good but sometimes it also causes delays in getting the little things fixed. Over all though, I give the company a 5 start rating for effort, design, support and usefulness.

A Must for Business!

Reviewed 2018-07-19

The overall experience has been great! The training is very good and ProsperWorks makes a genuine effort to properly onboard their clients unlike some software companies that want to sign you up and then leave you on your own. At a bare minimum, ProsperWorks raises an awareness of where every opportunity is in the sales process for the rep and the manager, leading to more customer touches. When properly used, it's truly a tool to increase sales and provide guidance and structure for a sales person throughout their day. And it can be accessed from anywhere!

Pros
I like the robust feature set that ProsperWorks CRM offers. The ability for the application to "scrape" emails from the interactions with each client is a big plus, too. It's relatively easy-to-use for early to mid adopters and the learning curve for a deployment is minor assuming most the people in the organization are somewhat savvy with web-based applications. I'm a manager of an outside sales environment so the amount of administrative control and the ability to assign roles to specific reps is helpful. I can set it up where each rep sees their own activity and not the activity of others. The app version of the software for iOS and Android is awesome as well. Very robust. You can enter info on the fly using your smart phone and it's all waiting for you when you open your laptop! It's a must for anyone doing territory sales.

Cons
The biggest negative to me is the fact that when ProsperWorks tries to scrape the actual contact data, it's incomplete or inaccurate and needs to be completed or fixed. Any other complaint is relatively minor and can probably be overcome with some more training. Also, my company uses the enterprise version of Quickbooks and apparently, ProsperWorks only integrates with the web-based version. It would be nice if that option would be made available in the future.

Lauren Munar

It doesn't get easier to enter your contacts into a CRM than Prosperworks

Reviewed 2018-01-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
We all live in our inboxes these days, right? This is where the greatness of Prosperworks comes in. All you have to do is roll over the email address of a contact in your Gmail (using the Prosperworks Chrome extension) and with one click, you can add a contact to your database. *Bye* data entry! It's also very intuitive as it automatically asks once you've added someone to your contacts whether you want to create an opportunity or task reminder for that person to ensure that you are monetizing your lead gen and staying on top of potential clients. The system also looks at who you've been in contact with recently and asks if you want to add them to your database. Again, with just one click, you're growing your database regularly. Mass upload of contacts is simple and easy, as is exporting contacts. There are a lot of automation options available such as Mailchimp and virtually anything else that is available to connect on Zapier. Email templates with mergtags are easy to set up. Lots of customization options across the board.

Cons
It doesn't manage duplicates at all, which can be a bit of a drag. Email templates cannot include attachments or HTML. It's easy to lose your place when going down the list of contacts as the page has a tendency to refresh and start at the top as you navigate between contacts and sections. Reminders have limited options for when they are triggered.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Erica Lee

Perfect Small Business Solution

Reviewed 2017-02-09
Review Source: Software Advice

ProsperWorks is not as widely known (yet) as many other CRM providers in the industry, but it is a strong contender in the arena. It has all the basic features and more for a business that needs a CRM system, and it seamlessly integrates with Gmail/Google for Business, which is a huge plus!

Pros
The Gmail integration is vital in so many ways, including record-keeping, recalling information, setting reminders for follow-ups and organizing project-related information. It's also highly intuitive. Although there are a number of self-paced and personal training opportunities, a relatively tech savvy individual should be able to navigate it with little trouble. It also includes a capability to keep your leads separate from your actual customers, while also moving them through a pipeline that you design. The Opportunities feature does the same thing, allowing you to visually track where any sales are and analyze any snags in your process.

Cons
There are some tricks to setting up the system, but ProsperWorks support is very clear in giving new clients the proper order of operations. If you follow the onboarding steps, you'll be successful.

Cool Copper

Reviewed 2019-10-20

I set up all of my meetings and have all of my business and many of my personal contacts set up in Copper.

Pros
Copper tracks activity well and ability to make it a custom application for my use is helpful. I also like that it integrates with Gmail our company's email platform.

Cons
A bit expensive. No ability to attach files to emails sent within the system. Files can be attached if using Gmail.

Response from Copper

Greatly appreciate the review! As for the con you've listed, we do have a feature on the horizon that will address that concern and positively impact Copper users in a big way.

Praveen Rajan

ProsperWorks is one of the best CRM solutions I used so far

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Pros
Has a standardized graphical user interface. Has superb marketing feature. It is simple to install the setup and doesn't require much training on its usage. Helps you track leads and automatically sending them notifications, thereby increasing the sales. It is cloud-based and is integrated with Google applications making it easy to track all the interactions with your clients, Mailchimp, linked in. You can create and notes for each lead. It has a feature, wherein you can check if a prospect has opened your mail or not. The customer service and support team are very responsive. Each of the client’s profile comprises relevant information in addition to the previous conversation threads. Pipeline reporting helps large businesses. You can prioritize and plan all your events and meetings and set up task reminders. As it is integrated with Google products, manual data entry is avoided and it has helped in saving time and minimizing errors.

Cons
One of the main drawbacks of this CRM is that it lacks call integrations. The reporting feature needs upgradation.

Jonathan Dean

Small business owner review of Copper/Prosperworks after using it one year

Reviewed 2019-01-24
Review Source: Software Advice

In general we like it. It does the basics, database of people and companies with contact info, notes, email tracking, bulk email sending. As I said we don't use the sales bits or the pipeline functionality (pipelines are tasks made up of a series of steps which can be assigned). We just use it as a basic CRM. It works with Google Contacts, GMail and Calendar so you become a Google baby. You do have to pay for G Suite, it allows you to use your own domain and emails which is fine. We looked at a lot of CRMs (both free and expensive) and found this worked very well for the price. They still lack a few odd little things though, no birthdays (although you can do that through Google Contacts + Calendar) and it default sort people by their first names. We upgraded to the medium version so we could add lots of user columns to people. Two thumbs up.

Pros
Relatively inexpensive. Straight forward to use. Customer support is excellent. It has extensions to a good pool of add-ons. It uses pre-existing things like Google Calendar rather than re-inventing them.

Cons
It sits on Google's G Suite so you have to buy that also. It has extensions to things you have to pay for (versus free ones). Has some quirks (below). Has a lot of sales stuff (projections, staff etc) we do not need.

Basil Camu

Exceptional! I tried every major platform (plus a few minor ones) over a year and chose ProsperWorks

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Most importantly, this platform has dramatically increased our ability to effectively and easily pursue sales leads longer and better than we were able to do previously. This has translated into more sales. Sales is what it's all about.

Pros
Most platforms are either too simplistic or WAY too complicated (think SalesForce). Prosperworks is lives in the Goldilocks zone of "just right". We are a medium size company that cannot afford a full time CRM engineer, so perhaps my decision would be different under these circumstances. But I have had nothing but a great experience with using ProsperWorks. Also, it's highly intuitive and the architecture is designed such that you do not have to click through things to get to other things. From nearly any point in the platform you can create entries or access the information you need. This saves a lot of time over the course of the day.

Cons
My complaints are small and business-specific. The issues I have are unique to our business model. The good thing is that the engineers at PW have been able to create customized programming and workarounds to solve most of our problems.

Jesse Stowell

No brained choice for CRM

Reviewed 2020-02-20

Overall excellent value. Really helps have an easy to use CRM.

Pros
Highly intuitive interface. Plugs in easily to our Google Suite. Easy to update how it is organized when we change our workflow.

Cons
It would be nice if there were more options to customize reports. The existing reports don’t seem to work that well based on How we use the software.

Response from Copper

Thank you, Jesse. The team is going to love seeing this review!