It can be extremely difficult to arrange/schedule meetings, appointments, and events when multiple people are involved. But the brilliant thing about Doodle is that it does the hard work for you! Here's what I love the best:
- In a matter of a few moments, you can create a poll of options or available meeting times. I can quickly send a link to teammates, who can quickly and easily access the poll and begin to select times that work. What's more is that they can also see other times that have been selected, so I feel like they are more willing to cooperate (if that makes sense).
- This removes text or email chains that go on, and on, and on without end... until we finally come to the conclusion that there's never a good time for everyone to meet up. (After wasting a day.)
- It's absolutely free. I can't believe it. I would think they could be making money with user fees off of this fantastic idea/platform, but no - it's free!
- It's quite simple and intuitive. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles, but that's great. There doesn't need to be advanced features.
- It's easy to use for the first time. It's not overly complex.
- You are notified when responses come in, and you ultimately get to control the meeting time.
- This is somewhat random, but you can be very specific with meeting points. Want to meet at 12:02? Perfect. Want a meeting to end at 9:07... Doodle will do that, too.
- Can link or access your Gmail contacts - fabulous feature!
There's really nothing to complain about in my opinion. It's a simple designed platform that accomplishes it's goal. Some potential updates to consider would be adding "most commonly used emails," though, that would be helpful. Another idea is build in some sort of Skype, Hangouts, or FaceTime feature if an individual is unable to attend at the appointed time. I realize that gets complicated, though, and is not Doodle's problem to solve!