Doodle Reviews

User ratings

4.6

1.2K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.95/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

My favorite thing about Doodle is the ease with which you are able to design something. I also like having the ability to find out when everybody is available.

SM

Sean M.

I love the ability to send out a link and get a large group of people scheduled. The simplicity of the software makes it accessible even to our non-tech friendly staff.

AB

Austin B.

I enjoyed it because it allowed me to be creative and I was able to save all of the work in which I did.

MB

Malecia B.

The only negative I can think of is that occasionally a recipient's email will block a Doodle poll.

I did encounter trouble when trying to set my availability. When I tried to give my schedule, I found it hard to pull down to occupy the whole time slot.

XZ

Xiao Z.

I hate when it misses an event on my calendar.

nt

SurveyMonkey

Acuity Scheduling-logocaret

Acuity Scheduling

Compare both
How would you rate Doodle?

1,241 reviews

Greg G.

Operations Fellow

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

I wish there was a better solution, but this one is pretty good

Transcript

Greg G.: Hey, I'm Greg. I'm a software developer at a pretty big financial tech company and I give Doodle...

Fairly Basic But Easy to Navigate

Transcript

Heather: Hi, my name is Heather. I'm a department leader in the health insurance industry. I give Doodle...

DOODLE Review (by GARB)

Excellent product to integrate with calendar tools/services.

Pros

Ease of use, several functionalities, great integration features.

Cons

I don't have any bad comments regarding this product.

Houssein houssainy doodle

Pros

It's a good solution to a problem we have when we chat and want to schedule on a meeting rather than sending a message we can vote and It's easy to use and understand

Cons

It solve a real solution that we have in large politcal groups

In der neuen Version massiv eingeschränkt, selbst für zahlende Premium-User

Doodle war mal eine gute Cloud-Leistung

Pros

Einfaches Einrichten von Umfragen für Ensembles.

Cons

In der neuen Version hat doodle zahlreiche Funktionen reduziert. Z.B. ist bei Gruppenabfragen nicht mehr die Abfrage von Mail und Kontaktdaten möglich. Dies schränkt die Nutzbarkeit extrem ein. Leider sind diese Fähigkeiten nach wie vor auf der Seite von doodle aufgeführt und werden bei Abschluß eines Abonnements von ca. 100€/Jahr mit bezahlt obwohl nicht vorhanden.

Showing original review in German. See translation

Gamechanger

Since the pandemic started, Doodle has been the only thing that makes us schedule events. I social media groups it is really complicated and everything gets messed up. Doodle really put an end to social media madness since I discovered it.

Pros

Very easy to create a digital schedules, only one click away. Sharing it with other people couldn't be easier (I really don't see how). In general everything about this software can be summarized by the words "easy and convenient".

Cons

On of the problems I experienced is that when people without a doodle account vote on something, it can be easily changed by other people.

A great time-saver for multi-stakeholders meetings scheduling

Doodle is a great time saver with some easy improvement on certain features in my opinion. I really enjoy using this tool but I believe it could be better.

Pros

very easy to add internal and external stakeholders, to add many date & time options. The tool is a true life saver when it comes to finding dates & times that work for everyone

Cons

The fact that I still struggle to connect my calendar to Doodle is a bit of a pain, it would save me some time if I could do that. Also, the time-zones are not displayed well enough in my opinion and it happened to me several time to have to redo the whole thing as I realised at the end that the time zone was wrong. It should be displayed better and not change throughout the process.

Scheduling for a large appointment no longer an issue

This tool is certainly better than multiple email threads and phone calls to try and get the availability of many people. This has been a game changer for my office.

Pros

Doodle is intuitive, so it's easy to learn for beginners and allows you to expand your usage as you become more familiar with the product. You can use at the pace that you're comfortable with. I started with the most basic functions before learning about more advanced features.

Cons

The time zone would sometimes change to other areas and that adjusted the times significantly on my end. It happened more than once, so it was more than just a glitch, but it hasn't happened recently, so maybe it's been fixed.

Easy way to creating quick surveys

Overall, Doodle has helped me a lot in scheduling team meetings. I work with a lot of people so most of the time doodle saves me time.

Pros

Especially for the meeting, it makes easier the planning process. Also the UI is really user-friendly and everyone can adapt easily. Doodle is a life-saver when you should find dates and times that suitable for everyone.

Cons

Unfortunately, the features in the free version are very limited. But it is very useful and fast for creating simple surveys.

Finding the best time slots

Pros

So far, meeting management is the only tool I have used on Doodle. We use it both when we have to find a time slot that fits for everyone who needs to be on a meeting, and when we want to assign different time slots to each person for different meetings with the same person. Also, this is a free feature of Doodle.

Cons

At this moment I am happy with everything on Doodle. I have not used many tools from it yet, though.

Can`t type it? Doodle it!

Pros

Time efficiency is the key factor here. You don`t need to spend your precious time as you schedule instant decisions.

Cons

After the updates things can get a bit annoying with the UI optimization. Some of the old polls may prove hard to be accessed.

Even after years, still my favorite scheduling app

Pros

I found out about Doodle from my peers at University and haven’t found anything better since. It is hands down best way to find a time best suited for all meeting participants without setting up a call or a long email conversation. I still use it when I need a meeting for a big party.

Cons

It works only if all participants fill it, so if anyone finds it too hard to use, there are problems.

Doodle is Convenient

Overall my experience with Doodle has been positive, fast, and convenient. I was a part of many organizations that used Doodle in the past and we were able to quickly find dates that worked best for big groups of people in order to meet. I really liked that once more people started answering, others were more inclined to find their best fit within the dates people were already choosing. As an organizer of events and meetings as well, this is a big plus that made me like Doodle a lot because it helps steer people to consolidate their answers with others rather than pick one that no one else has picked and already makes people "work together" in a way.

Pros

What I like most about Doodle is that it is a quick and convenient way to take polls for a group of people, for example to pick a date that works best for everyone or to figure out when or what works for the most people. I like that I am emailed the link directly to the poll from the creator, and I can simply click on it, see the question, and submit my answer. I also like that I can see the answers...

Cons

Honestly what I like least about Doodle is the name of the software... I don't feel professional using a software called "Doodle" and I can't imagine telling my employees or anyone in a workplace that I am sending out a "Doodle" for them to please respond to. I would rather just say I am sending out a poll than use the actual name. It might be a silly thing to like least about it, but it does not feel professional and a word people may not take seriously. I also do not like the layout of the Doodle once I open the page, but again that is a personal preference, because it was plain white and the entire format of the poll was spread out across the entire page and looked messy. I suppose users on not answering the question(s) for that long most of the time so it's not really a huge issue.

Powerful, yet simple!

Quickly deciding meeting times with groups of people - highly satisfied!

Pros

It can be extremely difficult to arrange/schedule meetings, appointments, and events when multiple people are involved. But the brilliant thing about Doodle is that it does the hard work for you! Here's what I love the best: - In a matter of a few moments, you can create a poll of options or available meeting times. I can quickly send a link to teammates, who can quickly and easily access the poll...

Cons

There's really nothing to complain about in my opinion. It's a simple designed platform that accomplishes it's goal. Some potential updates to consider would be adding "most commonly used emails," though, that would be helpful. Another idea is build in some sort of Skype, Hangouts, or FaceTime feature if an individual is unable to attend at the appointed time. I realize that gets complicated, though, and is not Doodle's problem to solve!

An intuitive way to set up meetings

We love using Doodle for setting up many cross-departmental meetings, especially since it is so intuitive to use and works for basically everything from small get-togethers of a few people all the way to large meetings. It can be accessed from anywhere, so participants can be traveling/on-the-go when the answer polls. We have had a few issues with people losing the link and being unable to participate, but it is simple to get them another one. It's easy to organize large events with Doodle!

Pros

Ever since starting to use this a few years, it has now become to go-to application for scheduling everything from future meetings where we need a lot of participants all the way to more casual events like dinner and happy hour. It is easy to use and offers a high level of control to the event organizer, from the obvious (i.e. what dates to choose from, how many time slots per day, who is invited to participate) all the way to the not-so-obvious but still highly convenient feature such as allowing for tentative times and comments. It is really easy to invite attendees, as they can be directly emailed a link to participate. The best part is that the software will let you know what time works best for the most people, so no calculation needed.

Cons

It can be rather hard to keep track of who has participated, especially when organizing huge events. Additionally, it would be great to be able to set priorities, such as finding a time when certain crucial team members must all be present, whereas more participants that are more auxiliary to the meeting don't have to be present.

Essential for choosing the best dates & times to meet as a group

I love Doodle. Choosing the best dates and times to meet has never been easier. Next time you need to schedule a meeting or a group dinner, Doodle it.

Pros

We've all been in a group text or email chain trying to figure out what date and times work best for everyone. It's impossible to keep track of who can meet when! That's where doodle comes in as your group's best option. Doodle allows you to create a poll with dates and/or times of your choosing. You then send that Doodle link via email or text message to your group of friends. They simply click the...

Cons

One of the cons is that if you want to put a deadline on your poll, you're going to have to pay for it by being a premium doodle user. This is not such a big deal because you can just tell your friends to vote by a certain date... but we all have those slackers in our groups who decide not to vote until it is already too late. Another con is that Doodle's homepage has become increasingly cluttered as it attempts to add features to its premium users (for organizers and for businesses over 1,000 people). It's simple enough to filter through to create your poll though.

Doodle offers a simple, quality solution to finding the best time to hold a meeting

Overall, Doodle has helped me numerous times to figure out when to hold a team meeting. I work with a lot of volunteer teams - so all too often you can't simply say "This day at this time" and expect everyone to show up. Doodle helps alleviate that, find the date(s) that work best for your team, and make the correct choice - which really saves a ton of time in the long run

Pros

If I'm being honest, I've only used Doodle for one thing - that is to send out surveys to different teams to figure out the best time to host a meeting. I'm sure Doodle offers other things past that, but I haven't ever used anything else. That being said, Doodle is incredibly good at sending out surveys to figure out meeting times. They offer a simple interface that allows for quick & easy setup;...

Cons

Honestly, I have not encountered anything specific about Doodle that I do not love. Their UI is simple & clean, their survey application works great and is easy to use - I have no complaints

So much better than confusing and never ending e-mail chains

My Ph.D. dissertation meetings are required every 6-12 months and it is really hard to get my entire dissertation committee together on a whim. Since professors are extremely busy people and don't really have time for a bunch of e-mails, Doodle software makes my and their lives so much easier.

Pros

Have you ever tried to get a bunch of science professors to meet in the same room at the same time for a few hours? It's like herding cats, but luckily there is Doodle. The best part about Doodle is that I don't have to e-mail people back and forth to try to coordinate an event from multiple perspectives. Doodle eliminates ambiguity and allows everyone to see everyone else's exact availability for multiple weeks at a time which saves time and effort. It is so interesting to me that meetings can be scheduled really without any words from any of the participants, and I think that is beautiful. Bonus points for not having to try to sound really smart in multiple e-mails to people who are way smarter than you.

Cons

The calendar syncing function seems like it could be a really good idea, but I have had some trouble syncing up all of my calendars in the past and I usually can't see any of my events on there. I'm not quite sure what the function is supposed to do but there is no explanation and I felt like it was not super intuitive.

How else do you schedule your meetings?

I use Doodle to schedule meetings with large groups when I do not have access to others' calendars. It is an incredibly simple tool for both the administrator and the user. It allows you to suggest available times and for others to indicate their availability within those selected times. It saves so much time and back-and-forth.

Pros

We have shared calendars within our immediate teams but when we are scheduling across teams or with external vendors, Doodle is the fastest and easiest way to find a consensus time. I go to Doodle before any other system because of the ease of use and everyone's familiarity with the product.

Cons

The system is near perfect. It serves its function about as well as it can and I don't think it needs to be overly complicated. If it were possible to add meeting information (i.e. zoom links, agendas, etc) and when consensus was met, to send the calendar invitation, that would be nice.

Scheduling Made Easier!

Doodle is one of those companies whose product has become a commonly used noun or verb (Google, Tupperware, Saran Wrap, etc.), because it's just that useful! Any attempt to schedule a group meeting or event always wraps up quickly with a plan that "We'll just send out a Doodle!"

Pros

Doodle is FANTASTIC for group scheduling. I have used the free version extensively for groups of various sizes and scheduling options of various numbers, and it beats any other form of group scheduling that I've tried (although I haven't used any other scheduling softwares, only emails/texts/unfortunately lengthy conversations). When creating a Doodle, there are many customizable options for date and...

Cons

If you have LOTS of scheduling options to consider, it can be difficult to add all of the entries when first creating the poll. There is a helpful "duplicate" option, but it doesn't work as well if you don't have the same times available each day.

Easy and Organized

Overall it is a simple tool that serves one purpose, to make it easier for everyone involved to find a convenient date for parties, meetings, appointments, trips etc. Instead of going back and forth in an endless email thread we simply need to simply fill the time that works for best for us. It saves time, it is less hassle and improves communication. Also great to sync schedules with people you do not see very often but need to work with.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to use the tool to collaborate with others in order to find their availability for example. We are a lot of young people in the company I work at and Doodle is always the first step when it comes to organizing events and out of the office parties. Considering we are all busy with friends, exams and nights out Doodle makes it super easy and fast to find out a time and day that best works for all of us. The tool is very user friends and simple, there is almost no way to get confused about what you need to do even if you are not tech savvy.

Cons

My main dislike is that there is no option to change the dates with text, it would be great if I can select if we want to vote for date or venue or activity. Also, it would be better if dates on the checklist were shown at once. Of course there is the expand button, but I think it should be expanded by default when there are lot of options to choose from. Would be nice if the calendar view is improved as well, similar UI to the monthly/weekly Google Calendar type of view would be a great improvement and will also make it easier to use, and it will make the tool look less messy and unorganized.

Doodle grows better and better

I've been using Doodle for a long time now and it quickly moved from an interesting little tool, to being my staple meeting organiser. I love the other features (particularly polling) but I particularly appreciate that while it grows in functionality, those functions don't yet feel like bloat. It's also pretty telling that colleagues will often immediately start using it after they become aware of it. Strangely undermarketed perhaps?

Pros

The best part about Doodle is that it is one of those products that is incredibly simple as a concept, yet somehow they continue to refine the idea and add features that I didn't realise I needed until they're available. Just the ability to add "yes but I'd prefer not to" availability responses is fantastic. From the organising side of things I love that you get this simple visual representation of availability and of course that you are given the optimal times for the group.

Cons

There's not a lot that is bad about doodle but the UI is a bit of an eyesore and in the free version the advertisement placement can be deceiving, to the point where responders may miss options in the poll. I guess it is genuinely frustrating that more people aren't using it too.

Happy When Colleagues use Doodle

Pros

Doodle is a great tool to easily evaluate availability and schedule meetings for large, busy groups. The ability to customize times and the intuition built into Doodle-if I schedule a request for three hours then three hours translates to every subsequent date I select, makes this a great tool. Each invitee can see the response of others which can lend to being more flexible in your choices, and enhances getting a group to consensus on a date and time to meet. You can be proficient at using Doodle in a matter or minutes, both as a user and as an administrator. I love this product so much that I use it in business and also in setting up family events. There are three plans available, and if you are a casual user the free version should serve you well.

Cons

Plans are priced well, and the ability to remove ads and enhance communication with the premier version is very nice. A con of the free version is the weird ads you see running in the back ground as you are using the tool. However, not bothersome enough to change my favorable opinion of this great scheduling tool.

Basic meeting scheduler for free

I would recommend Doodle to small business offices or student organizations. Especially if you are in a statewide organization.

Pros

Doodle is easy and quick to use. I have used many times in a statewide leadership organization where many of the members were spread across the state. I have also used it on a local level for the college student leadership organization I was with. I was able to choose the date and time slots after which I could send the information in a link to the people I invited to the meeting. From there the invitee was able to choose the time and date in which they could meet with me. Others who are sent the link can see the options and see the time and date that are in the majority. After the selections are made the schedule can be added to your calendar as a way a reminder of the event or meeting.

Cons

There isn't really anything that I like least about the software and have never came across any issues while using the software. The set up is easy to do and to share with those who need to respond. However I have always used Doodle for small groups, generally under 35 users. I am not sure how well it works with more people,

Quick polling and easy to intepret results

I was introduced to Doodle when I needed to schedule people from multiple organizations for a project and I have used it ever since. I will say that there could be a more advanced tool out there but I have yet to find one that could convince me to stop using Doodle. I think if you are looking for something that all users can understand it is hard to find a better alternative to Doodle. Most people need little to no assistance to use and that can be a life saver on complicated projects and varied schedules.

Pros

Doodle Poll is exceedingly easy to use, I have on multiple occasions opened the site and had my poll ready to go in under 2 minutes, and that is not an exaggeration. You can poll just about anyone with an email address and I have never had an end-user complain about the product or how to use it. Fields are intuitive and you have the ability to make the polls more dynamic than a simple yes/no vote. We mostly use the product to schedule meetings with external stakeholders who do not have access to the University scheduling system. Although other services provide similar features, Doodle seems to be the easiest one for all parties to grasp.

Cons

I now have an full account but before I did I was limited to simpler polls. Preferences and conditions are useful for finding the best time, and I was only able to access those features after joining. That being said, joining is easy. Our mail client can provide some polling as well so we do not necessarily need Doodle, however I have found it more useful.

Doodle is the best way to arrange meetings!

Pros

Doodle recently received a new feature that allows users to not just select the hourly times that work in their schedule to meet, but they can also double click a time, which says that they could make it work in their schedule if they had to. I think this is great because before this feature, I would have a really hard time finding a time to hold meetings because my co-workers had very conflicting schedules and we would just create a group message trying to figure it out, which defeated the purpose of filling out a Doodle. I love that feature! I also love Doodle 1:1 where you can link your Google Calendar to a Doodle so you don't double book yourself.

Cons

The website isn't always the most user friendly, and I often find myself clicking around aimlessly just to open up a new Doodle invite. I also wish Doodle would offer features to college students for free or really really discounted because I was the president of many student organizations and used Doodle all the time and would have appreciated being able to send reminders from Doodle.

The software that makes life & scheduling easy!

Doodle is a game-changer. In our busy lives and days, Doodle allows for us to schedule accurately and fairly. It eliminates the guesswork and time it would otherwise take to determine times that work best for all. Best of all, it's accessible via the palm of our hands and takes seconds to create. I can't imagine my day-to-day without Doodle and where I'd be if it wasn't for this amazing solution-solving software.

Pros

The absolute best thing about using Doodle is that our entire organization and stakeholders love participating in it! We all use Doodle and most importantly, it makes our lives easy and guarantees buy-in and participation in order to pick the optimal meeting and scheduling times.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Doodle. It is easy, efficient, and well-like by all!