Method:CRM Reviews

Method:CRM

The #1 rated CRM for QuickBooks Desktop and Online users

4.05/5 (63 reviews)

Pros
  • They have an excellent support team to resolve any minor issues that you face during customization. They provide a wide range of features with great navigation.Chitta Ranjan D.Read the full review
  • I love the customizeability of the application and the support to get those things done has been great.Michael B.Read the full review
  • This is one of the best CRM that works well with QuickBooks. You can take the help of your in-house developers or the support team to customize the CRM based on your requirement.Chitta Ranjan D.Read the full review
Cons
  • Method increased my productivity exponentially. Jobs were no longer being overlooked because of human error.Enrique B.Read the full review
  • The integrations can be somewhat confusing when you first approach them.Erika M.Read the full review
  • I am the owner of, and have worked in, service-based businesses my whole adult life. Abandoning a customer to go to a meeting is unacceptable.Rebekah R.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Chitta Ranjan Dash

Excellent CRM to customize with Great Customer Support

Reviewed 2019-01-07

I have been using this CRM from last 3 years for one of our lead generation project. Initially, it took time to customize, with the help of developer we customize this as per our requirement. And after that till date, we never faced any major issues.

Pros
This is one of the best CRM that works well with QuickBooks. You can take the help of your in-house developers or the support team to customize the CRM based on your requirement. They have an excellent support team to resolve any minor issues that you face during customization. They provide a wide range of features with great navigation. You can customize and create multiple reports as per requirement. Overall a great CRM tool I would recommend to all.

Cons
Though customization is one of its great features still you need some good developer to do this. You can take the help of their team to customize for you but again it's very expensive.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Jonathan Rodriguez

Usefull tool

Reviewed 2020-03-26

before that everything was done manually very hard to follow and keep track of the work

Pros
Great way to follow up on clients and activities , the fact the will provide a good picture of the work done during the day , invoices are sync with QuickBooks . allows you create leads and categorized clients according to they importance . very easy to use . our manager will count the number of calls and notes to share it with others .

Cons
sometime it gets a bit slow when creating the activities . not able to import export pictures , folders , graphics into the activities

Byan N

Great CRM to work on.

Reviewed 2020-04-08

Great experience !

Pros
User Friendly and customizable, I would recommend this CRM.

Cons
Would be nice to timestamp and save notes automatically

Jet Lai

Powerful CRM platform

Reviewed 2019-11-21

We are trying to implement a CRM tool to use with our existing Quickbooks system. Overall, the integration somehow works, however not as advertised as "magical" it would be. Lots of customization effort has to be done to get it to where we want it to be.

Pros
Powerful and can be highly customized. Covering almost all aspect of CRM and most from accounting. Easy to use interface. Basic plan price is reasonable.

Cons
Outlook integration app still requires a lot of touch up to be practical. Customization works can be quite repetitive effort if you have multiple company entities that you would like to have similar customization. Integration engine with Quickbook does not run well on RightNetworks platform. There is no true 24/7 real-time sync. Prices per user could get very steep when you start subscribed to more modules.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Lisa Sizemore

This Could be Perfect....

Reviewed 2020-03-26

I can set reminders that actually work with Method. We have been able to set up cases for issues with deliveries, shortages, and materials. Then we can follow the process of a customer return or an issue that needs to be resolved more easily.

Pros
I love the integration with Outlook. I love the ability to keep a record of each activity and opportunities. Being able to customize things has been great for our company.

Cons
This is a great product, except it does not have a place on a customer to make notes specific to a person or to save files. Each company has a price sheet. I can only attach things to activities. I cannot go through every activity to find customer specific files. Please add a feature to pin files or attach files to a contact. A place for contact specific notes would be awesome too! There is also not an easy way to go back to an opportunity from an activity. You can click to go to the Estimate when an activity is on the Estimate, so why would it not work that way for an Opportunity?

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Rich Scott

Under promised and OVER delivered!!!

Reviewed 2018-04-19

Pros
We chose Method:CRM because of it's awesome integration with Quickbooks! We have been pleasantly surprised by the amazing training we have received from our success coach Phuong Phan. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable but we enjoy her kind personality. Her style has made it easier for use to glean the information and apply what we learn to our business. GIVE PHUONG a raise!!!!

Cons
No current integration with Voice over IP phone systems!. We think it would be awesome to be able to click and dial directly the customer from inside Method:CRM. (FYI: SalesForce and Insightly CRM has this option right now.) Please STRONGLY consider this. It would save us a lot of prospecting time! Thank you!

John Kreider

Method to QB Desktop Pro issues

Reviewed 2020-04-28

We were trying to get more users for QB Desktop Pro and get cloud access. We cancelled Method and bought multi user QB.

Pros
This product does integrate with QB, and allows you cloud access to an otherwise noncloud QB file. It has many powerful customizable features, including a powerful new template designer.

Cons
Customization of the software requires significant technical knowledge and is not for the average user whose business is something other than software customization. If you internet connection is slow, Method is almost nonfunctional. Integration with QB Desktop Pro plus a slow internet connection put some of our transactions such as recieving payments into the most impossible gridlocks.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Valerie Jaeger

At first glance, powerful CRM. Over year of use has lead to second thoughts.

Reviewed 2018-02-03

Pros
The best thing about MethodCRM is that changing one line of a client profile makes the change universal, which helps when looking at past purchases, billing statements, etc. It also syncs to Quickbooks, which is important for the billing aspect of our business.

Cons
The user-facing design is from the Dawn of the Internet. Customer support is severely lacking; every time we reach out, we are met with exasperation and are told our problems are "user error"-- even when the issue is a customization issue, and nothing we could have done would have fixed it. I know the point of UX is to make an app look and act less like a bunch of code, but MethodCRM doesn't quite get there. Overall, it's a powerful CRM, but don't use it unless your team is already tech-savvy.

Megan Ferla

Very user friendly and great for every-day use!

Reviewed 2018-04-24

tracking sales leads, generating reports for internal sales teams

Pros
I love how there is a live chat option built directly into the main page (you don't always have to go digging for help). It's user friendly and simple to figure out. The customization options are also ideal!

Cons
Would like a little more options for the basic package (seeing invoice history, setting opportunities, for example). Also assigning a currency to new customers would be helpful.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Megan, thanks for your review of Method:CRM. I'll pass along your feedback to the team as we're always looking to further improve our offerings. Thanks again, Lynda

Jack Bua

Database Platform Unreliable, CRM based on it Very Cool

Reviewed 2019-08-31

WE had to let it go and find something else after extensive 'degradation' of what we had already finished.

Pros
Their comprehensive approach to CRM was very cool and helpful. They focused on actions and resulting actions for every contact update. Their customization, including their DB engine was a big selling point.

Cons
Half of everything we painstakingly made in the DB basically fell apart after it was tested and tweaked. It was very hard to navigate, requiring extensive videos and documentation.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Margaret Wold

The Method Support Team and Programmers are Super!

Reviewed 2018-04-24

The ability for anyone in the organization to access customer information in order to assist our customers. We're more efficient.

Pros
I believe the support behind the software is critical. Our Method Programmer helped us customize our applications to better fit our needs - she's super and so easy to work with. Method Support Team is quick to respond to inquiries, and I love that I can easily chat with them. The software is pretty intuitive. Our sales, support and tech teams use it daily to access customer information and to provide support. All touch points are documented, allowing anyone in the organization to have access to customer communications. This allows us to better serve our customers and to be more efficient as an organization.

Cons
The hardest thing for us is understanding the cases application. We are currently working on the customization of this application. It's frustrating that communications with customers via our email platform (gmail) can't transfer over to the customer account as an activity in Cases- our hope is that the upcoming gmail 'gadget' will do this. Also, we often email instructions that include images inserted within the email. This can't be done with Method email...at least not easily. You have to come up with a URL for the image, and even still, I have not been able to get the image to appear in the email. A simple add image button that goes to an image file where you click image to insert in email would be really nice.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for such a detailed review of Method:CRM, Margaret! It's great that your business is leveraging the customization options and that you've enjoyed working with our team so much. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback for how we can improve our app to make the experience even better. Thanks again

John Stasney

Saved me from outgrowing QuickBooks

Reviewed 2018-04-01

Pros
Two years ago, our IT expert thought it was time to move from QuickBooks to NetSuite during a stage of rapid growth. We indeed needed efficiencies between our accounting and rest of the company. But the cost of leaving QuickBooks and adopting a new system would be massive. So glad we found Method, as we can grow with Method + QuickBooks. QuickBooks for accounting, and Method for everything else. The sync is seamless, and the level of customization we have done has allowed us to automate everything NetSuite would have given us as a fraction of the cost and fraction of the time. We are 2 years in now, and we keep growing what we do with Method, and our company has doubled in size over that time. I can't speak highly enough about the level of service Method provides. Every person I talk to is knowledgeable, friendly, and interested in how they can help our company grow and be more efficient.. I can't speak highly enough about Method and their team.

Cons
I would like to see integration with our inventory software so that product lists can be automatically integrated without doing API integration.

Damien Ford

After struggling withe this app for 10 days of a 30 day trial I gave up, exasperated.

Reviewed 2017-05-31

I learned that the system I currently use is more than good enough for my needs. The Quickbooks integration is really not that important to me

Pros
It has a very clean modern look , and syncs really well with Quickbooks. The support team are e very helpful and responsive.

Cons
This is absolutely not a CRM ready to go 'out of the box' It is difficult to set up and use and some of the core features of a really good contact management system are either missing or handled really badly. No doubt some of the shortfalls could be ironed out with customisation but the promise in the Method marketing and constant reference to five star reviews on their website is not delivered in the experience. It looks beautiful but is infuriating to use. It does integrate and sync with Quickbooks extremely well but its value as a potential single platform for contact management and invoicing is undermined by the lack of features and the way in which some others are handled. There are many better CRM apps for a lot less money, even if the integration is not as good. Ultimately, what is the point of a great sync if the CRM is hopeless anyway? Horrible, just horrible. The Method support team were very helpful but I but I think there is a lack of understanding on their part of the average sales professionals workflow. I liked the look so much I tried to make the app fit my workflow which was absolute folly.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Noah Mintz

Method is a fantastic web-based QuickBooks CRM

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Time saving and job tracking

Pros
Method is completely customizable. You can learn to customize it yourself or hire someone at Method to do it for you. You can shape it to work for your specific business. We're using it for booking clients to our mastering studio and then keeping track of those clients and invoicing them. Method is saving us hours of admin work a week.

Cons
Sometimes, something that I would consider a bug in the customization they consider something that needs to be paid to be fixed. I think this is due to how they have the customization set up with freelancers. Also, Method strangely doesn't support the printing of the HST Number on invoices (which quickbooks does natively) and that is required by Canadian Law. These are little things but none-the-less annoying. It doesn't take away from how much time the software has saved our business and in our next round of customization we will get these things fixed. (Hopefully)

Carabeth Rowley

A good integration

Reviewed 2019-07-10

Overall I like this program and the integration with quickbooks

Pros
Method has been a good program for our school. Being able to see all of the accounts in real-time make managing everything a lot easier.

Cons
The reports part of this has not been my favorite. I paid extra to have the support team build the specific report I needed but it's still a little clunky. Also as I would love to see an ability to run specific campaigns and reports on them. Right now you can use tags to identify campaigns but that is also a clunky way to do it.

Vladimir Mashkov

Simply great software functionality and easy to use.

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Ability to customize the software for our business needs. Easy software to use!

Pros
Functionality. There are so many custom options that we offer as a business and this software is great for that!

Cons
Software works very slow at times and the sidebar is too sensitive. Its a minor thing but I dont like how the sidebar expands, often becomes a stumbling block when trying to click a small box that is very close to the sidebar.

Response from Method Integration

Thanks for your review, Vladimir. I'm sorry to hear you experienced speed issues while using Method. I can assure you we're always working to create a high performing platform. I will be sure to pass along your feedback on the side bar, as our team is always interested in hearing how we can improve the app's UI. Thanks again for your review.

Anonymous

Very customizable. This is a software that can be as creative and as detailed as you want it to be

Reviewed 2018-04-27

Syncing with Quickbooks Enterprise.

Pros
Customization. Syncs with Quickbooks Enterprise. Cloud Hosted. Variety of User Permissions. Open API. We were able to call a Method staff member to help set-up customization.

Cons
Contact-Based vs Account-Based. If you're not a developer, this software customization can be overwhelming. The product support is great but, they charge by the hour for customization.

Response from Method Integration

Hi there ¿ thanks for your review of Method:CRM. It's great to hear you're leveraging Method's customizable platform to streamline your business and that the Method team has been a great support. Thank you for the feedback around the Contacts vs Accounts. We're always improving on our product, so your feedback is something I'll be sure to pass along. Many thanks again

This CRM is amazing.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Pros
Where to even start?? This is such a user friendly platform, I think training anyone in to use it would be a breeze. Does everything we wanted it to, and keeps record of EVERYTHING we needed.

Cons
I wouldn't so much call this a con, but I don't trust reviews that don't have one. For the customization pages, it can be extremely overwhelming. Maybe if that portion were just a little easier to navigate, then this would be a 10/10!

Response from Method Integration

Thank you for your feedback! Customization can certainly have a steep learning curve. However, our professional services team is here to help. Reach out to use and we'll gladly make Method fit like glove!

Excellent, so far!

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Excellent integration with quickbooks as well as overall contact management. Overall, very user friendly with very high quality customer service that is swift to respond to questions via chat or over the phone!

Pros
The best part about Method CRM is the dual integration with Quickbooks. There's no need to worry whether or not you enter a recent sale/donation. Once entered in Quickbooks, you'll see it in Method, and vice versa!

Cons
The one thing I would like to see Method CRM improve would be the options when sending donation receipts. It would be exceptional to have the option of emailing not only a donation receipt for the most recent donation, but a year-to-date giving report as well from the same page on which you enter the donation details. Also, it would be great to see a visual chart or graph for non-profits (or even businesses) who'd like to see their yearly donations/sales to date.

Michael Brubaker

Product is very flexible and the support has been great.

Reviewed 2018-07-04

Estimating and service scheduling.

Pros

Cons
It is not as intuitive as it could be, but that could be because it is so customizeable that it might be hard to create perfect screens for everyone. I think with a little work, I could totally make it easy to use for my office, but I need the time to do it.

Response from Method Integration

Hey Michael,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are always looking for ways to improve our platform and we appreciate your feedback on the screen customization process. Certainly, the complexities behind making a platform so "flexible" and customizable are large, and our goal is to try to make it even more simple to the end user. Little by little we are getting there!

I know that business owners like yourself do not have enough time to dive deep into customizations, that's where our professional services team comes into play. We are here when you need us!

Jessica Flax

Wonderful system for tracking sales and prompts customer support!

Reviewed 2018-04-26

Pros
The software allows me to tract every stage that a prospect is in, which makes it easy to report to my boss about deals and new projects. I love the Activity follow ups because it helps plan out who and when I need to be reaching back out to people. The reporting is very easy to pull and self explanatory when boss's are checking in on it.

Cons
I would like for their to be a way to talley the amount of the proposal on the reporting. It's easy for the sales person and owners to see how much is closed and is in the pipeline.

Response from Method Integration

Hi Jessica, thanks for reviewing Method:CRM. The sales pipeline features and activity tracking are great tools so I'm glad to hear you're experiencing their benefits. I'll be sure to pass along your product suggestion to our team, as we're always looking to make it even easier to manage and grow a small business. Thanks again, Lynda

Enrique Blanco

Method has solved all of the issues in my Sales Process.

Reviewed 2018-04-23

Method increased my productivity exponentially. Jobs were no longer being overlooked because of human error. Sales tracking was non-existent before Method. I would say Method saved my business, if not my sanity!

Pros
The QB integration is the BEST part of the program. Customization, collaboration and client accessibility are ALL a very close 2nd. The program is extremely agile.

Cons
Payment system integration has disappointed me greatly. I was excited to be able to have my clients pay me through the portal but in 2 months we still have not been able to iron this out. On the bright side, the support team has truly been working diligently to resolve the issue. I was impressed and pleased at how knowledgeable they are. I know we will soon resolve the problem, but that is my least like part of the program.

Carol Oliver

Method is a Great Solution

Reviewed 2013-09-11

I highly recommend Method CRM as a solution for any organization who needs to integrate information between their QuickBooks accounting system, their CRM system and their Operations system. Right out-of-the box, Method is a powerful CRM solution that seamlessly integrates with QuickBooks. As a Method developer, I have developed Operations systems and customized the CRM system for many clients, providing them with systems that work the way their organization works as well as providing them with seamless integration between their Accounting, Operations and CRM systems. The key advantages to using Method for this approach are that they do not have to adjust their business processes to make the best use of their CRM or Operations software nor do they need to do double-entry of data in order to keep the Accounting, Operations and CRM systems in sync. As their business requirements change in the future, we can customize their Method system to meet those needs. I really love working with a client to take all the different pieces they use to manage their business (spreadsheets, Access databases, manual processes) and creating a cohesive solution that incorporates everything in ONE place: Their Very Own Method Solution. 'Turning Chaos into Order.' It's a beautiful thing.

Emily West

I spent two weeks on the free trial. This was enough to let me know if was not a good fit.

Reviewed 2018-04-09

If you had the time and knowledge to program this software, it could really be incredible. I think the software was just far more than my small company needed, so it just wasn't a great fit.

Pros
This software is POWERFUL. Wow. It can be totally customized to your needs, which would be incredible for someone in a very specific industry.

Cons
I did not have near the experience in programming needed to make this software work for my purposes. I found that the canned CRM systems (where the programming and forms are already set up) were a much better fit with FAR less work and time in set up.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

V Cameron

Perfect CRM for QuickBooks users

Reviewed 2013-05-06

I first started using Method CRM as a way to build custom business solutions for my QuickBooks clients. As a long time QuickBooks ProAdvisor, I was impressed with its robust sync engine, and customizable processes, screens and reports. Once I started using the CRM portion in my own business, though, it quickly became indispensable. Not only do I have all the features of a standard CRM, but my clients have a portal to check on their account, pay their bill and check documents with me in a secure fashion. I have mobile access on my smartphone for entering time in the field , logging a client call, or looking up a phone number. And everything syncs with QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online in real time, painlessly.

Pros
*The best QuickBooks sync engine I've seen in 14 years of QB consulting. *The ability to build custom solutions for any business. No more trying to develop complicated QuickBooks workarounds for clients that don't fit the standard mold.

Cons
Due to the nature of QuickBooks Online, Method CRM has more limited syncing abilities with that version.