TrekkSoft Logo

TrekkSoft

Manage, market, and sell with one tour and activity solution

TrekkSoft Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.9/10

Reviews by rating

Infinity number of add-ons and easy to use. Great costumer service, good gateway system and nice interface.
Great Tool with very friendly customer Service - very good assistance in build up the solution.
Fantastic and faultless support at the beginning. Sales team were excellent.
The app has TERRIBLE and limited functionality. We see people that are trying to book all the time and don't - but we have no idea if it's because they can't or just get frustrated and give up.
The checkout cart currency conversion system is a ripoff that just annoys your customers and results in lots of complaints about you over charging them.
Sometimes misunderstanding of the questions, then the answers are not relevant for the questions.

Aleksander T.

11-50 employees

Continously evolving to a better product

Booking software, easy management, great service, fresh websites, easy accounting

Pros

2 years ago, when I was looking for a Tour management software, I was looking something like Trekksoft: Easy to use backoffice dashboard, friendly, dynamic and easy to use websites, Costumer support is on point: helpful, friendly and fast. It has improved a lot in the last 6 years with the new account manager, the service has become quicker and friendlier. Appart from that, interesting and up to date webinars, Ebooks and other news. Booking system works pretty well and accepts all kind of credit cards.

Cons

There were some cons at the beginning (we started using Trekksoft 2 years ago) but most of the issues have been addressed or corrected. We are now enjoying a very estable service. One of my only cons Is that I still dont see a what to offer better rates for early bird bookings (my old booking system use to have it). For the price, Trekksoft is pricey but worth it in the long term (if you join one of their annual suscriptions). I still find disappointing to pay for each offline booking (when I never use their Payment Gateway) having a professional account, that is probably my biggest con. Regardless, is a great software and I believe they will keep getting better over the years.

Hi Aleksander, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review on your experience so far. We have 2 options which may be suitable for you to charge early bird pricing . I will ask your account manager Renan to reach out to you and see if it will be a suitable solution for your business. We look forward to a very successful 2018 working with you. Best Regards, Rob Smith Head Customer Success Management

Francesca H.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

It Actually Works Consistently!

Pros

The ability to have an integrated webpage, booking system, and reservation support system all in one, saves so much time and money. Change your schedule? Add a trip? Change it once, immediately updated on the webpage, etc. Support has been very friendly, and unlike other systems, the system works consistently. It calculates taxes correctly. It keeps a complete reservation history - no trying to guess what happened or why. We looked around a lot, made a couple of changes to what we used. This is the best by a long shot. And more comprehensive.

Cons

The system has a lot of flexibility - so you will probably go through a few tweaks until you find the mix of options you prefer. There may not be a simple 1-2-3 setup guide that fits your particular operations, but chances are it WILL do what you want. It will never lose information on you, and they are good at fixing/adding tools that the user base requests. The platform technology is modern, clean interface, interfaces with the big reservation portals (Viator, etc).

Hi Francesca , Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. Your account manager Renan is available for you if needed anytime. Thanks , The TrekkSoft Team

JC

Jesse C.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Being buried in a pit of fire ants would be better

Every now and then, after weeks and weeks and weeks of complaints, and a lot of bs dripping with bad sales training, we finally get transferred to an actual technician who comes up with a solution that sort of solves one of the myriad issues we're having with their software.......then he goes on holiday for a month with no notice. Guess this isn't really a pro in the end. I will never, ever trust a salesperson again. Lesson learned! Thanks Trekksoft!

Pros

Cons

1) The setup is counter-intuitive: information for a single tour is spread into two main branches of the software, so that you have to navigate to two different lists of tours to see who is booked on a tour and for instance, change the name of the tour. 1.5) Those two lists are ordered by date, one starting with the next tour, and the other with the tour farthest away. No way to reverse it. 2)...

An B.

11-50 employees

Trekksoft help me to find new way to connect with huge potential customers through internet

Pros

Trekksoft is fine booking engine, good for SEO, secure and easy to use system. Moreover, this is a travel platform for local travel agency to share their best tour product with their best price to over the world

Cons

Trekksoft should have a contract with other big company such as Agoda, Skyscaners or Amadeus ... then share the sub contract to other Trekk users as the program of Google Adsense. My idea is to maximize the benefit of the Trekk users and help the trekk user 'web more interesting with much more value information. If the trekk user are the big companies, they can do themself easily to contact and link to other platform to maximize benefit, but for the small company, it will take more time.

Hi An Bui , Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. The TrekkSoft Team

Michael T.

Great booking system for Citytour in Basel

Pros

- Connection to other booking platforms like viator, tripadvisor, getyourguide and more ... - Responsive for all clients (PC, MAC, ipad, iphone, android)

Cons

- The employer which is working with the app in the tablets have no possability to take money in diffrent currencies. Only one currency for cash payment for bookings on the street. - At evening after a working day can't print out a cashbox report. How many should be in the cashbox is in the moment not reportable ... This is the onliest thing, rest of the software ist great!!!!

Hi Michael , Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. Our dev team are looking into your request currently , we will follow up with you soon. Thanks , The TrekkSoft Team

Anita Vik B.

Hospitality,

A great way to boost your business and get lots of booking right away.

Increased sales

Pros

-easy to learn and set up right -easy for customers to book -great way to keep up to date with tourism trends and social media marketing - lots of interesting and useful resourses all up-to-date -love the way you all of a sudden is a part of a huge partner network - where you can cooperate with other tourism bussinesses and sell eachothers products - great that big OAT`s like Viator is 100% integrated - you have controll of the bookings from one single place. -Love the app - our guides can sell products while outdoors!

Cons

Main issue: the reports that I hand over to my accountant - but luckely that is about to get sortet very soon.

Hi Anita Vik, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. The TrekkSoft Team

Chelaka D.

1,001-5,000 employees

Overall experience is superb. Still we are planning to go live but up to now the service is superb.

Pros

Options to create packages. Customer support. Integration to be happen since we haven't go live we cannot give a comment on that.

Cons

More themes or customization of pages. System takes more time to apply changes, for activity and image uploads.

Dear Chelaka, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to work with your company and offer you our full support. We are currently working to make changes to appear sooner than now, so rest sure your feeback is taken into consideration. Wish you lots of success with your integration. Best, The Trekksoft Team

Neely A.

Straightforward and reliable

The customer service team is spectacular.

Pros

Easy set-up on the backend and user friendly for all clients. The customer service team is one of kind. Always available and eager to help.

Cons

I wish they offered a SMS software component for easier communication with clients. I would also greatly appreciate if they created a newsletter component, so all of my work could be managed from one platform.

Dear Neely, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always welcome. We are happy to hear that you like Trekksoft and that you have been successful with it. Rest sure that your feedback have been passed. Best, The Trekksoft Team

Leon L.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Very functional and versatile tool

Overall I am happy with software, and it is expensive at first glance but if you calculate benefits it is money well spend. of course if you have attractive offer. If you don't nothing helps.

Pros

I really like versatility and functionality of software and how many partners it has. And of course customer support.

Cons

it could be more user friendly and more windows or iOS like. It is more Unix or even older OS like. But this doesn't affect functionality and its purpose. Another thing is website creation; please make it better, bigger pictures, more html friendly i think

Dear Leon, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us. We are currently in a project to change the design of our system so it looks more attractive and mostly more user friendly, so your comments are very well received. I also passed your feedback about our website builder to the right team so they can keep that on mind for future improvement. Looking forward to have a long therm relationship with your company. Best, The Trekksoft Team

Eduardo A.

DRIVING CHANGE AND INNOVATION IN A TOUR COMPANY

SALES!!

Pros

- Customer Support: Customer Team is just incredible. They are fast, effective and generate notorious value when needed. - Booking Engine (Intranet): The backend of the booking engine has endless features and options and is very easy to understand and use. - Sharing Knowledge: Personally, their tips, blog and webinars are just great.

Cons

- Lack of Features (Front-End): At the moment, front-end customization is a bit limited as we need to adapt to the standard (and awesome) booking engine they developed. However, I'm sure that TrekkSoft will improve their customization process and features very soon.

Hi Eduardo , Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. The TrekkSoft Team

YN

Yolanda N.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

TrekkSoft is an excellent booking platform and we are very happy with it for the most part.

Great price, great platform, great visual content. Love the payments coming in once per month like clockwork. Thanks so much!

Pros

Easy and fast experience for clients on the front end with great visual appeal and seamless integration with my own website. The booking process for clients is really easy for the most part and I also like that TS provides a free website on their own so that I keep both my own website up on our client computer in our sales office, but also another tab open with the TS site showing our tours and rentals...

Cons

I would like to see a few more back end features for the tour operator personally. Such as having the print out of the booking contain all the items purchased by the clients for easy record keeping, such as the Add-Ons. Our company uses Add-Ons heavily so our clients have a more immersive touring experience. We offer 3 different kinds of picnics, hotels on some tours and even entrance fees for some...

Thank you for your review, Yolanda! I am glad to read that you are happy with TrekkSoft. To get back to you about the feedback you gave, I have been in contact with our product management team regarding your request to have the add-ons on a printed version of the booking. Great news, as of last month this can already be done! Simply go to the basket details and print it from there. Regarding the support, I have sent the feedback to our support team. I have also asked your account manager to reach out to you to see if you have any further questions. Olivia from TrekkSoft

YN

Yolanda N.

1-10 employees

Best Day Tour Operator Software

This system is really in-depth and does A LOT on both the front and back ends. So, obviously that also means you have to put some time into learning about how it can work best for you, how to set it up with all the little details working, etc...to get the most out of it. Once you have all the information set up in it though, it simplifies everything for you and makes your company run smoothly, which...

Pros

I have done demos on practically every software out there but nothing compares to the Trekksoft platform's versatility. The front end allows for so much more detailed information and descriptions that other platforms don't. One of the biggest pluses is the Add-Ons capability as our company offers unique, optional Add-Ons that really enhance the tours so they are incredibly important to showcase during...

Cons

Sorry, can't think of anything to complain about. This platform is just amazing and dynamic! I do see a lot of complaints here, but so many of them are due to operator error as far as I can tell. What I mean by that is that the person complaining doesn't seem to be learning enough about the system to understand it but rather just complaining that things don't work. For example; I see all sorts of...

Dear Yolanda, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such comprehensive review, I can tell that no one have ever taken the time to go in such detail through the pros of our system and for sure this is very well received. This review fill all the Trekksoft Family with satisfaction and for sure will help all people looking for a booking software to take a more conscious choice. I’am happy to see you are successful with our system so far and we hope to build a long term relationship with your company.. Best, The Trekksoft Team

GT

Gyula T.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Using Trekksoft as a website and booking solution

We are an activity company in Hungary and Slovenia. We use Trekksoft since June 2015 and in overall I am very satesfied with it. First we have used it only for accepting creditcard payments at our reception desk. It is very simple either you use your computer or your smartphone with card reader. In 2016 I had to change our old website to a new one and I wanted to add more features to the site....

EG

Elena G.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Happy, but I hope in future improvement

Generally speaking I am very happy with Trekksoft, and I hope to have more possibility and function in future.

Pros

What I like most is that the software is very easy to use and a lot of function are very useful to manage the experiences. Also it is very easy to create a web site. The connection with the marketplace is of course one of the most important part.

Cons

Sometimes I would prefer to have more choices. For example I would like for the voucher to have a period of availability, so that I can set to sell the voucher only for the next two months. Or sometimes the are words (in the creation of the website or in the booking part) that I cannot change or choose if I want them to be shown or not and I can not change them. I would also like to have the possibility to suggest another activities at the end of the booking, or during.

Dear Elena, Thank you for your review, we are happy to see that you feel comfortable so far with our system and that it is helping you to manage your daily operations. I believe some of the things you are discribing in the cons are currently possible with our system. For example our Gift Certificates (Vouchers) they have a possibility to add expiration date and recently we implemented it as well...

RS

Rudolf S.

1-10 employees

Horrible support

Overall it looks like a nice product, but the support is really horrible takes a lot of time and the answers are really from somebody from India... not ye not no but Maybe. Very bad and hardly have any knowledge about the product Sorry but it is not good for the price they charge Ruud

Pros

The payment gateway is good if it is working. the overall look is good. I do not know more to fill the Pros SORRY

Cons

A lot of issues, the support department has not the knowledge to fix your problems, and the response time is long

Dear Rudolf, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, our customer's feedback is always well received. We are glad that you find our payment gateway useful and we do understand some of the hassles that are out of your control (like last year's climatic phenomenoms) have blocked you a bit on the use of our system but we are pretty sure that with the time you will be able to find...

LG

Lin G.

11-50 employees

Worst customer support and product

Look elsewhere!

Pros

Better than manual bookings, can see reports for sales, but I don’t have many positive things to say.

Cons

Everything. Many cannot book online and call us directly (or just bail completely) The app is always in delay and not accurate and has limited functionality. Speaking to someone is impossible. The receipts and payment page is not clear and cluttered. They always say...sorry it was a bug when something didn’t work. Nightmare!!

Dear Lin, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are very sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the system and experiencing troubles with it. I talked with our team and we have done several tests and the whole process works well and we are able to finish the booking, also your assigned support person modified for you the receipts so they are clear, so we are wondering if there is something else we are missing? If so please reach out your assigned person so we can help you out with anything that you may still need. Your feedback is always important, so we really appreciate you took the time to leave the review and we will work on the things that need to be worked from our side. Best, The Trekksoft Team

RF

Ralf F.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

I am a happy user of the trekksoft software as this saves me time to coordinate tours and ressources

Pros

The possibility of having different options of cooperation. For time beeing I work with the pay as you go option and when business grows I can buy additional options. Then I like the possibility of getting in touch and work with big activity providers like Viator, GetYourGuide and so on

Cons

Working together with some big activity providers the price structure (Group price / fixed price / Per Person price) have to be entered the way they want it. But this is rather the problem of the activity provider and not trekksoft and this is not a major issue. Further I dislike that tours have to be entered always in all choosen language. I have tours for the german market only and others for the english market only. The system does not allow me to offer tours in just one language.

Hi Ralf, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. The TrekkSoft Team

OA

Oscar A.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Worst customer service ever

Pros

We have been using TS for 3 years now and the customer service is just getting worse for every year. They have a support chat which normally answers you in 24-48 hours - if your lucky. Other services we use have answers in a couple of hours as a worst case scenario.

Cons

This customer service they are offering really sucks - STAY AWAY!

Dear Oscar, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we are very sorry to hear your inconvenience, you are a valuable customer for us and we apologize for the incovenient with our support team. Your Account Manager is already in contact with you and he should be able to follow up with your case. Once again our apologies and we hope we can ammend the inconvenient. Best, The Trekksoft Team

DL

Deborah L.

Automated and functional!

Great personal attention when I first started to walk through the whole system - a very patient lady stood by me and talked me through in baby steps - I had to do a lot of the work myself and familiarizing myself with the software but now finding it much easier and so worth it.

Pros

I no longer have to write emails after someone enquires or books - everything is automated, if I want it to be! Its Freeing up a LOT of time for me! HOORAY!

Cons

The software doesn't hold a clients credit card info so I have to ask for it again before or just after the trip which means i have to trust the client to pay the balance after the trip - or find a way to get online and pay just before the trip (difficult when people are already on vacation and may not find it easy to access wifi / internet to pay the balance. A bit nerve racking for me! Also, it would be great to have a number to call someone for assistance when needed - I have had to wait a few hours sometimes for a response - thought someone does ALWAYS respond before long.

Dear Deborah, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us review, your opinion is always important for us. We are happy to see that you are successful with the system and to learn that it is saving you time in your daily processes. I will pass your feedback to our product team so they can consider it for future improvent as well as the support related feedback to the right area. Looking forward to a very long relationship with your business The Trekksoft Team

SM

Stephanie M.

Great booking system

Connection to channels really safe us a lot of time managing bookings from different channels, and avoiding mistakes. Very responsive customer service that solves problem very quickly.

Pros

- Can be connected to many channels - Easy to use - Super responsive customer service

Cons

- Glitches happen - Minor shortcomings, such as payout report doesn't give detailed information such as adult / child

Dear Stephanie, We really appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear that you find our system useful and moreover that our channel manager is helping you to save time while managing all your bookings. Everyday we are working on make our system better, so your report in the cons will certainly help us to improve. Best, The Trekksoft Team

SB

Sanjin B.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Easy booking and great software

There are many benefits using TrekkSoft. I like the most easy booking process, communication with buyers threw the software and great TrekkSoft team.

Pros

It was very easy to integrate our web site in the software. Also booking sistem is simple and easy for buyers.

Cons

I am very satisfied with TrekkSoft software.

Dear Sanjin B, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you found in TrekkSoft the booking system that you were looking for your business. We are really happy to hear that so far you are satisfied with our service and that your experience with TrekkSoft has been good. We will be looking forward to many more years of partnership. Best, Your TrekkSoft Team

SM

Solveig M.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Quick feedback of the bookings.

Pros

I like to have the fast reply from the help-desk, much appreciated. But sometimes they misunderstand the questions and gives wrong answer...

Cons

We want to have the possibility for our customers to do booking at TrekkSoft 2-3 years ahead of the expeditions. Today it's not possible, why?

Hi Solveig, thanks for highlighting the miscommunication you've faced with our help desk team. Please know that we will do everything we can to improve the quality of support delivered to you. As for tour bookings for the next 2 to 3 years, a team member will reach out to you with further information. Have a good day! Nicole

AU

Alex U.

Sports, 11-50 employees

It’s been moons & we are Happy !

Smooth ride since the get go… I was one of the 1sr to sign up in Costa Rica

Pros

It’s easey to use & saves on time Less admin headaches for us to deal with - keep it simple & fast is key

Cons

Not sure about that ….I’m happy with it

Dear Alex, Thank you so much for your kind words and review. We are happy to see that so far you are satisfied and successful with our system. Your feedback is always important as it helps us to keep on improving. Thanks for your trust and commitment. Looking forward to more years of partnership. Best, The TrekkSoft Team

MD

Matthew D.

51-200 employees

Trekksoft helps me make my bookings and reservations efficiently and smoothly.

Nothing I haven't already mentioned.

Pros

Trekksoft is great. I can quickly search what I am looking for and do what I need to do. The colour scheme makes it easy to read.

Cons

The basket details page sometimes has too much info in one place and when some articles are updated I still have to update the others manually.

Dear Mathew, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us. We are glad to hear that you have been successful with Trekksoft and that it is helping you to make your bookings management faster and efficient. About your concerns showed on the cons section of the review, we are not sure on what you mean with it, but already requested someone in our team to reach out to you and help you out with it. Best, The Trekksoft Team

KH

Kelly H.

Easy to set up, with quick and efficient customer service available when needed

Ease of use for our customers and keeping our books up to date for upcoming tours.

Pros

Ease of set up and customer service, additional features being added each year as they continue to improve.

Cons

Since we run multiple tours at various times of the day, it would be ideal for our customers to see what is available on the day instantly, without having to contact us first.

Hi Kelly , Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. The TrekkSoft Team