TrekkSoft Reviews

Yolanda Norman de Fernandez

Best Day Tour Operator Software

Reviewed 2018-08-06
Review Source: Software Advice

This system is really in-depth and does A LOT on both the front and back ends. So, obviously that also means you have to put some time into learning about how it can work best for you, how to set it up with all the little details working, etc...to get the most out of it. Once you have all the information set up in it though, it simplifies everything for you and makes your company run smoothly, which makes your life much easier in the end and that is what is all about no? Having said that it is also SUPER easy to set up the basic bits of it so that it starts running and making your customers booking process and your backend control so much easier, and then you can learn more and do more as you go along. So my recommendation is to get the Pro system. Take the time you need to read everything and learn everything about how to make it work best for you as it is really an amazingly detailed system with an answer to practically everything right out of the box!

Pros
I have done demos on practically every software out there but nothing compares to the Trekksoft platform's versatility. The front end allows for so much more detailed information and descriptions that other platforms don't. One of the biggest pluses is the Add-Ons capability as our company offers unique, optional Add-Ons that really enhance the tours so they are incredibly important to showcase during the booking process. I especially like the gorgeous pop up lightboxes/booking windows that you can program into a BOOK NOW button for your own website or an agents/resellers site. The client clicks the button, then a pop up lightbox opens with either all of your tours with full details, which is ideal if you have this button on an agents website OR you can also program it for your own website so it opens with that particular tour only for that particular page of your site. The lightbox also allows for multiple languages and all the supporting backend documentation, which is really detailed and hefty, will be changed to the correct language and all sent out automatically to your clients. We have our automated documentation for example set up to send out a pre/post trip reminder/thank you via both email and SMS, as well as PDF's of the tours booked, tickets for each tour, our T&C, and a basket receipt. Electronic wallet is also activated allowing our clients to save their E-ticket to their phone. On the backend our guides then scan the E-ticket or paper printed version to check in clients for their tours and rentals. The Resources funcion is really handy too as it allows us to assign our resources, be it guide, vehicle, bike, scooter, etc...at time of booking so the system automatically keeps track of it all and never allows overbooking. Equally handy we can block out a resource for vacation, mechanical adjustment, etc...whenever we want. If you are on the Professional version (we are) then the customer service is excellent as we have a dedicated agent that answers all our questions within an hour usually, and we only ever have to deal with that person so it is not confusing and he knows already who we are and what we have asked before. This makes it really nice and we always feel comfortable that our needs are being met. The pricing for the Professional level I feel is well worth it as well considering all the hundreds of questions I've asked and gotten help with and the number of bookings that we receive monthly. They pay out on time and everything is clear on the invoice and you also have everything clearly shown on the backend electronically. The reports section is great as you can keep track of everything there and see clearly how you are doing from day to day, or year to year, etc...the Agents feature is awesome too. You can give a travel agent, other tour operator, reseller, concierge at a hotel selling your tours, etc...access to your backend Point Of Sale desk, which is set up to be really simple to use, via a login code and you can control how much access they have, what they see, etc...the system then keeps track of the commissions you own each agent so major time saver there and the reports also show it all clearly electronically. In addition to all of this, you can also have a separate Shop, where you can sell anything you like such as merchandise online. Business Intelligence tracks everything for you too. You can set the parameters for what it tracks such as Nationality or Age of the customer, etc...so you can see where your biggest buying market is, isn't and what works and doesn't anywhere in the world. It is really just a wonderful overall system that gives our company a ton of versatility and most importantly it allows us to sell and feel confident that everything going on behind the scenes is running perfectly.

Cons
Sorry, can't think of anything to complain about. This platform is just amazing and dynamic! I do see a lot of complaints here, but so many of them are due to operator error as far as I can tell. What I mean by that is that the person complaining doesn't seem to be learning enough about the system to understand it but rather just complaining that things don't work. For example; I see all sorts of complaints here about things that Trekksoft does provide training documentation for (they have an extensive documentation set for how the system works), or things that I myself have had questions about in the past, but found the answers to by reading the documentation, or asking my dedicated customer support agent about. I've seriously asked thousands of questions and my customer service rep. always responds promptly, efficiently and with the right answer. If he doesn't know that particular answer, then I immediately get an email from someone else in that particular department such as a technician, design expert, etc...who responds to the question directly. So paying for the Professional level per month is the answer here so you can get the best customer service and also access to all the extra things that the system does so you can take advantage of it and get the most out of it.

Response from The Trekksoft Team

Dear Yolanda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such comprehensive review, I can tell that no one have ever taken the time to go in such detail through the pros of our system and for sure this is very well received. This review fill all the Trekksoft Family with satisfaction and for sure will help all people looking for a booking software to take a more conscious choice.

I’am happy to see you are successful with our system so far and we hope to build a long term relationship with your company..

Neil Joseph Woerner

A great all-in-one platform to get your tour business off the ground and build partner networks

Reviewed 2018-02-27

A full-service booking platform and integrated webpage that helped us launch and promote our business, as well as to connect with travel agents, partners in the Partner Network, as well as interface to large booking systems through the TrekkSoft API. This singular package does quite a lot.

Pros
The end result looks very professional. It allows for seamless integration of website and booking platform in one stylish package. The Admin functions are easy to learn and once you get the hang of it, you can begin quickly building your suite of activities and website together. The platform continues evolving, so new features are continuously being added. The business and technical support are very helpful and understanding of newbies and... I feel like I'm being heard when my enhancement requests are added to development lists for future versions. Finally, the price is more than fair given the overall power of the tool. After seeing how good the website can really be, we ended up abandoning our own WordPress site and simply redirected our URL to our TrekkSoft site to have everything in one place. So much easier, now.

Cons
The product has evolved over time and as a result there are some legacy evolutionary quirks. For example: there are a few tasks which are buried in strange places or almost hidden, which at the time may have made sense, but now just seem weird. These are few and are easily cleared up with a quick chat with support. Also... with any tool that does so much, it can be a little tricky to find your feet and to really find out about all of the features available. Many support videos are available and the number of support pages are growing steadily (and with quick feedback on comments), but I feel there is something lacking that helps pull all of these resources together into a really useful support library. But as with the rest of the product, I'm sure it will continue evolving and improving. They are generous with support calls to help get started and start building your tour empire. :)

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Neil,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft.
Your feedback is very important to us, thanks so much for taking the time to go into detail.

Yolanda Norman de Fernandez

TrekkSoft is an excellent booking platform and we are very happy with it for the most part.

Reviewed 2017-09-21

Great price, great platform, great visual content. Love the payments coming in once per month like clockwork. Thanks so much!

Pros
Easy and fast experience for clients on the front end with great visual appeal and seamless integration with my own website. The booking process for clients is really easy for the most part and I also like that TS provides a free website on their own so that I keep both my own website up on our client computer in our sales office, but also another tab open with the TS site showing our tours and rentals as well. The TS site focuses on showing the tours in a boxed setting so it is super easy to find the one you are interested in on just one page. The two sites working together make is really easy for clients to find what they are looking for. I also looked at at least a dozen other platforms before choosing TS, and one of the biggest problems I found with other sites was that they didn't allow for Add-Ons at all, or if they did, they didn't allow for them to be showcased with photographs and full description. TS beats everyone out when it comes to best possible showcasing of any item you have for sale. TS also allows you to include those Add-Ons easily and simply during the booking process, which makes our up sale of all our Add-Ons a sure thing for almost every booking.

Cons
I would like to see a few more back end features for the tour operator personally. Such as having the print out of the booking contain all the items purchased by the clients for easy record keeping, such as the Add-Ons. Our company uses Add-Ons heavily so our clients have a more immersive touring experience. We offer 3 different kinds of picnics, hotels on some tours and even entrance fees for some of the tours, though these items never show up on the email that is sent to us to show the booking has been completed. It doesn't list the Add-Ons so we must therefore go back into the system as an extra step, click on the details button and then scroll through the list to see what other items may have been included. Though not a deal breaker by any means, it is inconvenient and time consuming. I would like to see in the future live people available to answer questions on the fly, rather than having to wait one or two days for them to get back to you after you've left a message on the chat line. If I have a question, it is usually involving a sale in that very minute so having to wait several days to even have someone acknowledge the question is frustrating as that means I must put my own clients on hold until TS gets back to me. A live chat person, at least during normal business hours in my country, would be a wonderful improvement.

Response from TrekkSoft

Thank you for your review, Yolanda! I am glad to read that you are happy with TrekkSoft. To get back to you about the feedback you gave, I have been in contact with our product management team regarding your request to have the add-ons on a printed version of the booking. Great news, as of last month this can already be done! Simply go to the basket details and print it from there.

Regarding the support, I have sent the feedback to our support team. I have also asked your account manager to reach out to you to see if you have any further questions. Olivia from TrekkSoft

Janine Lyman

From little to BIG

Reviewed 2016-12-07

Well, as luck would have it, I actually used Capterra as a tool to research software solutions for reservations management. I found it extremely helpful, so I'm adding my two cents to support Capterra in helping users like you and I to make informed decisions. Enough about Capterra... let's talk TrekkSoft. The elevator pitch version goes something like this: TrekkSoft supports a wide range of company sizes from little to Big. The major attractions of TrekkSoft are a) It's ability to connect you to marketplaces; b) CSS/HTML control in select areas of the software; c) Interdepartmental connections between guest/inventory management, accounting, tour operations, and marketing; d) Online booking feature allows you to earn passive income while you focus on improving business. The longer version of my review includes a few more gory details pertaining to functionality, company culture, software potential, and business potential. Our first few months with TrekkSoft were rocky. No sugar coating here! The sales team over-promised on a few items, which was disappointing. Ask as many questions as you can and get things in writing - as you should with any company you are interviewing! The flip side of this coin is that they have worked with us on various functionality and features to resolve our issues.... some at a cost, and others not. Either way, their team has the rare trait of listening to feedback and implementing changes when possible. It has been an intense few months of getting set up and we are still working out some bugs. That being said, we are a larger, more established company than some of the smaller tour operators that might get set up in the average 14 days that they prescribe. Some changes were critical to our business process and others were user improvements that have shown me the potential for how TrekkSoft can truly connect multiple departments in our company to one hub. Not only to cut down on procedures that are disconnected, laborious, and manual, but to vastly improve collaboration. We are taking baby steps in this area, but the vision is tangible and attainable. Lastly, the online booking feature, as well as marketplace channel manager, is a reservoir of business growth that is waiting for us to tap into more. Again... baby steps. After all the plusses and minuses, I can say that we are in a better place than before we had TrekkSoft. We are growing and I believe things are only going to get better.

Pros
Inter-connectedness with guest management, inventory management, accounting, marketing.

Cons
The system can be slow at times. The reports are not as strong as I need them to be. These are concerns they are addressing with me.

Jose Alney Uribe Méndez

Good Software with extremely bad support

Reviewed 2018-09-15

At the beginning I was delighted with the sales process and sales support. After paying the whole year in advance (They only have that option) you lose important to them as a customer as they are more focused into get more clients. They promised to help us on the setup of the system. They assigned one person that was very nice but didn't solve anything and did very bad follow up. At the end we had to set it up alone, asking to chat support, that did better job than the others but their reply was very slow. The support advice me to buy extra solutions that didn't worked (which I agree to buy only after the assure me that it was going to solve the issue, so they had to refund me that buy) Finally after more than 8 days claiming to the VP of sales I din't receive any answer. If you see they have a great rate is because they send you the rating email right after buying the software, and as you have great sales experience you will rate it really good.

Pros
The software is very complete. Ideally it is what you are looking for for a booking software. I was very satisfied with what you can do and achieve with it.

Cons
Sales department promise you everything you ask. Then when delivering them they do not show up to support. Support is extremely low and sometimes you think they don't know what are doing. If choose to look for the information to solve issues by yourself the help documents and videos seems old and not updated to the actual software interface. The widget code to attach to your own website is not working on IOS, so people with those mobile devices may not book and you loose that sale.

Response from TrekkSoft

Dear Jose,

We are very sorry to hear you have experienced some troubles with our customer service, you have someone assigned specifically to help you and your team with the set up, I checked and she has been in contact with you, so would you mind checking your inbox as there are some emails that I see were sent to you but our support person haven't received reply back so far from you.

Please if you have any further issues with your dedicated Integration Specialist, do not doubt to contact us back. We also know the design of our widget was not totally what you like but I can assure you that it works with all devices and we are currently working on this design as well to make it more user friendly.

We hope to have a long term relationship with you, and once again do not doubt to contact us if there is anything we can do to help you out.

The Trekksoft Team.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Aleksander Tysklind Fombrun

Continously evolving to a better product

Reviewed 2017-10-20

Booking software, easy management, great service, fresh websites, easy accounting

Pros
2 years ago, when I was looking for a Tour management software, I was looking something like Trekksoft: Easy to use backoffice dashboard, friendly, dynamic and easy to use websites, Costumer support is on point: helpful, friendly and fast. It has improved a lot in the last 6 years with the new account manager, the service has become quicker and friendlier. Appart from that, interesting and up to date webinars, Ebooks and other news. Booking system works pretty well and accepts all kind of credit cards.

Cons
There were some cons at the beginning (we started using Trekksoft 2 years ago) but most of the issues have been addressed or corrected. We are now enjoying a very estable service. One of my only cons Is that I still dont see a what to offer better rates for early bird bookings (my old booking system use to have it). For the price, Trekksoft is pricey but worth it in the long term (if you join one of their annual suscriptions). I still find disappointing to pay for each offline booking (when I never use their Payment Gateway) having a professional account, that is probably my biggest con. Regardless, is a great software and I believe they will keep getting better over the years.

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Aleksander,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review on your experience so far.

We have 2 options which may be suitable for you to charge early bird pricing . I will ask your account manager Renan to reach out to you and see if it will be a suitable solution for your business.

We look forward to a very successful 2018 working with you.

Best Regards,
Rob Smith
Head Customer Success Management

John Yolen

We use Trekksoft daily for all of tour operations.

Reviewed 2019-09-14

Overall A+ there is nothing as good as it out on the market at the moment and I have looked at them all. If a company wants to take their booking seriously they should use the Trekksoft backbone and customise it to suit their needs.

Pros
It is a turnkey system with a full back end support staff. The management of the booking process is designed for ease of use and the best user experience.

Cons
Because it is a new more people need to use the software in order to grow the network, this happening as more and more companies trust the system.

Gyula Takács

Using Trekksoft as a website and booking solution

Reviewed 2017-01-31

We are an activity company in Hungary and Slovenia. We use Trekksoft since June 2015 and in overall I am very satesfied with it. First we have used it only for accepting creditcard payments at our reception desk. It is very simple either you use your computer or your smartphone with card reader. In 2016 I had to change our old website to a new one and I wanted to add more features to the site. As Trekksoft gives everything what I need (even more) it was logical to build a website with using their system. You don't need to be an expert in programing or super smart. It is very very easy. Even if you stuck or you would need some help the support team is allways there for you. (For example hungarian language was not available, but I needed it. We managed it pretty quick, so for now hungarian is an option too.) We had our own developed booking and administration system which is pretty good, but I must say Trekksoft knows much more, so we decided to use the booking system from the upcomming season in 2017. It it very simple and many things are automatized, like vouchers, pre and after trip infos and many more. The system can connect you to Online Travel Agents what can be a hugh help in sale. About Money. There are different subcription plans... It is not cheap, but when you think about how much would you pay for your own developed booking system and a website and marketing and so on... Believe me it's worth the money. Trekksoft is not only about their system. They support you with many advises, like webdesign or online marketing ideas, how to use social medias, checklists how to prepare yourself for the next season and so on. I think with Trekksoft and their super team everything you picture is possible. and These days I am sure with using Trekksoft you get an advantage in a hard competition of tourist market.

Roberto Ricci

It has been great working with Trekksoft.

Reviewed 2018-08-16
Review Source: Software Advice

I think their is a lot of improvement in the area of Market Information. I like the Business Intelligence and the Customers Insights as an idea, but I believe this area could provide with much more usable information.

Pros
It is easy to use, the customer service is great. They respond very quickly and all the team, specially the Munich team has been awesome.

Cons
I would like to be able to generate better marketing reports. Information about our clients, in graphics and tables. I am most interested in Demographics as well as a way to download on a Excell sheet the sales per activity per month, so that I don t have to generate it myself. Also a Con is that even though in theory it is easy to connect to Marketplaces with API's it has proven to be very difficult. I am still waiting to get connected to Get Your Guide/ Expedia among others.

Response from The Trekksoft Team

Dear Roberto,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us and we are glad to hear that you found or system easy and moreover that you are happy with our customer service.

About the feedback you shared with us in the cons, I already asked your contact person at Trekksoft to reach out to you to discuss about the Business Intelligence feature as we do provide some demographics and also you have the sales report that you can use for your sales per activity per month, as all these reports can be filtered by activity. About the API connection with Marketplaces, you are right it is not an easy world in there, but we are currently working in a new version of our channel manager that hopefully will add ease to the connection.

Once again thank you for your review and we are looking forward to create a long term relationship with your company.

Francesca Hartop

It Actually Works Consistently!

Reviewed 2017-11-05

Pros
The ability to have an integrated webpage, booking system, and reservation support system all in one, saves so much time and money. Change your schedule? Add a trip? Change it once, immediately updated on the webpage, etc. Support has been very friendly, and unlike other systems, the system works consistently. It calculates taxes correctly. It keeps a complete reservation history - no trying to guess what happened or why. We looked around a lot, made a couple of changes to what we used. This is the best by a long shot. And more comprehensive.

Cons
The system has a lot of flexibility - so you will probably go through a few tweaks until you find the mix of options you prefer. There may not be a simple 1-2-3 setup guide that fits your particular operations, but chances are it WILL do what you want. It will never lose information on you, and they are good at fixing/adding tools that the user base requests. The platform technology is modern, clean interface, interfaces with the big reservation portals (Viator, etc).

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Francesca ,

Your account manager Renan is available for you if needed anytime.

Thanks ,

Mark Holroyd

Great customer support from Trekksoft team

Reviewed 2018-08-13
Review Source: Software Advice

We chose TrekkSoft as the booking platform to sell these unique experiences due to the integration capability. Where once tours were dividedsold individually by each National Park on different systems, primarily to a local audience, now we are testing how we can look at bookings and the business as a whole. We can also connect with marketplaces, booking agents and tourism organisations to expand our audiences.

Pros
The product is fairly intuitive, and once its set up its really easy to use. It integrates well into our own websites. The customer support we've received from Vanessa, Pieter and the team has been excellent. They've been very responsive and explain things very clearly and simply. They've taken suggestions on board for future development.

Cons
It does require a lot of set up time and the integration process is not simply one-click, but requires many different relationships with different OTAs and distributors. This says more about the fragmented tourism marketplace than Trekksofts system, but I wouldn't underestimate the time required to set-up the system in order to save time in the long-run.

Response from The Trekksoft Team

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us. We are delighted that all the Parks decided to trust in our system to take care of this unique experiences so we feel really flattered. We are happy to hear as well that the service received from our team have been excellent and rest sure that we will keep on delivering such service.

We do know that the time to set up the system is a bit long due to all the functionalities it has, but everyday we are looking for fixes that can improve these times for our customers, we are actually working in a design change to make it more intuitive and hopefully will decrease the set up times as well.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Sean Chang

Simple but slow

Reviewed 2018-08-23
Review Source: Software Advice

System is simple and direct so easy to use. but hope the process speed get better

Pros
Trekksoft is very easy and direct to use and also very easy to edit the reservations. One more thing that I like most is sending voucher

Cons
Hope the speed of the system get better. I always feel that it is bit slow to use. Also, I have sent an email to Customer Service at first about the introduction to use, but it takes a week to receive the answers(two emails) and very unkind answers, so I was frustrated

Response from The Trekksoft Team

Dear Sean,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us, we are glad to hear that you have been successful with the system so far and that you like it. About the counter side of your review, rest sure that we are working on the system speed, soon (if you haven’t yet) you will notice a change on it. Furthermore, please receive my sincere apologies for the inconvenience with our customer service team, I already took actions on it and we will make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Perrine Schober

professional booking system with high degree of customer care

Reviewed 2019-06-03

We were searching for a booking software that would take away a lot of things we were doing individually. TrekkSoft enabled us to have great automatisms and therefore reduce the workload and the mistakes that it could result in. Easy to use, great design and logic steps for enhanced usability

Pros
-) great customer support -) high level of development based on the needs of the customer -) high usability, just sometimes too many steps -) Backend handling through App, perfect for when you are on the go -) Great API connections and additional incorporations in order to allow automatisms, such as Google Calendar and Zapier

Cons
-) Sometimes it is not adequate for human guides as resources -) Payouts could be more friendly for accounting and controlling issues

Response from TrekkSoft

Dear Perrine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us.

We are happy to hear that you have been successful with the system so far and that it is helping to reduce the workload.

We will really appreciate if you could give us more insight about why the resources are not working as expected for you so we can follow up on that and try to improve if possible. And as well about the payouts.

Thanks again for your great feedback.

Dean Speer

Perfect for a Hostel

Reviewed 2016-06-07

The main hostel holds 205 people at one location and another 150 at our 2nd property so we are pretty busy dealing with issues within the hostel along with making sure all of the guests are happy while staying with us. Using TrekkSoft as our booking software for tour and activities gives us the ability to book move, rebook, refund, update and check passenger lists which give us on reception more time to help the customers with other issues. If guests staying at the hostel want to know how many spots are left and what times the trips are running it takes me 3 clicks on the dashboard and I can give my guest the information. It saves me constantly being on the phone to tour providers checking passenger lists, checking time schedules which in turn promotes productivity and efficiency.

Pros
- The customer support is priceless, from setting TrekkSoft up to troubleshooting certain functions. - Real time updates on passenger lists which prevents over booking. - We can monitor our growth, sales from our website and our front desk with the reports and analytics features. - The connect-ability between us and our partners in the tourism industry is a big one, it has turned our hostel into a central hub for locals and tourists!

Cons
- With every software there are bugs which occasionally pop up here and there but they get sorted and resolved once you let them know. - We some times feel over whelmed with the new product releases because we feel like we are not utilizing all of the functions available to us.

Ralf Fioretti

I am a happy user of the trekksoft software as this saves me time to coordinate tours and ressources

Reviewed 2018-01-26

Pros
The possibility of having different options of cooperation. For time beeing I work with the pay as you go option and when business grows I can buy additional options. Then I like the possibility of getting in touch and work with big activity providers like Viator, GetYourGuide and so on

Cons
Working together with some big activity providers the price structure (Group price / fixed price / Per Person price) have to be entered the way they want it. But this is rather the problem of the activity provider and not trekksoft and this is not a major issue. Further I dislike that tours have to be entered always in all choosen language. I have tours for the german market only and others for the english market only. The system does not allow me to offer tours in just one language.

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Ralf,

Patrick Lataillade

Pretty good overall although not simple at all at the beginning.

Reviewed 2017-12-04
Review Source: Software Advice

After several contacts with several offers on the market, I chose this system which was not the cheapest and simplest, to give it a try for a couple of years and see if it woud pay off. After 8 months it looks like it is starting to move . Website is more visible and connections through API are slowly producing results. So far, I do not regret my choice although it is qute an additional overhead on my business. I will monitor the situation in the next few months. I wish that the payment system was different ( less charges from bank transfers)

Pros
System is very complete and complex but Customer support is very good. Website structure simple, attractive and can be modified with css to a large extent. Admin desk very extensive. Good link to Market place ( worldwide tour booking platforms)

Cons
It is not cheap at all compared to other systems. Very complex admin desk It takes a lot of time and stamina to master it.I still have small problems sometimes. Luckily Customer support is fast, precise and patient. Payments are made from Switzerland . Transfer fees and charges are important at both ends( transfer to France in my case).

Debby Lind

Long Time Customer

Reviewed 2019-04-19

We are a large and varied tour operator with multiple tours, resources, schedules and trip dynamics ... Trekksoft helps us keep it all straight so we can focus on growing, marketing and remaining a reliable tour company.

Pros
Great support staff The product is constantly developing and integrating with other agents Awesome website development Marketing help and deveopment

Cons
In the beginning it wasn't user friendly but it has kept pace with our growth and needs

Response from TrekkSoft

Dear Debby,

Thank you so much for your great and positive review, we are really happy to see you and your business growing and being part of that as your technological partner.

Rest sure that we will keep trying to grow at yours and the industry pace.

Looking forward many more years of Partnership.

Curtis Rojak

A good product which is constantly evolving as they add new features. Not perfect, but we are happy.

Reviewed 2018-03-14

Pros
(1) Easy integration with some of the biggest booking systems like Viator, Get Your Guide and Expedia. (2) Simple to learn and use, whether just using the booking software or also using the website builder (3) Quick response time from the customer service team

Cons
(1) It seems that TrekkSoft has prioritized developing new features over improving the current product and fixing bugs. I think that is now changing as they seem to be working on tightening up the entire quality of the software, but it still needs work to be more stable and bug-free.

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi Curtis,

An Bui

Trekksoft help me to find new way to connect with huge potential customers through internet

Reviewed 2018-03-28

Pros
Trekksoft is fine booking engine, good for SEO, secure and easy to use system. Moreover, this is a travel platform for local travel agency to share their best tour product with their best price to over the world

Cons
Trekksoft should have a contract with other big company such as Agoda, Skyscaners or Amadeus ... then share the sub contract to other Trekk users as the program of Google Adsense. My idea is to maximize the benefit of the Trekk users and help the trekk user 'web more interesting with much more value information. If the trekk user are the big companies, they can do themself easily to contact and link to other platform to maximize benefit, but for the small company, it will take more time.

Response from TrekkSoft

Hi An Bui ,

Deborah Lewis

Automated and functional!

Reviewed 2019-04-12

Great personal attention when I first started to walk through the whole system - a very patient lady stood by me and talked me through in baby steps - I had to do a lot of the work myself and familiarizing myself with the software but now finding it much easier and so worth it.

Pros
I no longer have to write emails after someone enquires or books - everything is automated, if I want it to be! Its Freeing up a LOT of time for me! HOORAY!

Cons
The software doesn't hold a clients credit card info so I have to ask for it again before or just after the trip which means i have to trust the client to pay the balance after the trip - or find a way to get online and pay just before the trip (difficult when people are already on vacation and may not find it easy to access wifi / internet to pay the balance. A bit nerve racking for me! Also, it would be great to have a number to call someone for assistance when needed - I have had to wait a few hours sometimes for a response - thought someone does ALWAYS respond before long.

Response from TrekkSoft

Dear Deborah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us review, your opinion is always important for us. We are happy to see that you are successful with the system and to learn that it is saving you time in your daily processes.

I will pass your feedback to our product team so they can consider it for future improvent as well as the support related feedback to the right area.

Looking forward to a very long relationship with your business

Anonymous

Mostly horrible.... No idea how much money our business has lost because of the systems problems.

Reviewed 2017-10-26

Pros
Two of the salesperson, are really nice and even try to help but many times it is a technical issue that they cannot solve, and that it simplifies having to send confirmation emails manually, or follow up emails and that we can create fields to get some information about our clients to be properly prepared for the type of guest coming.

Cons
What I like least...here is the list: -No quality customer service or person to speak to (especially on weekends which are our busiest days) -A little mistake can be nearly impossible to fix easily without having to do HOURS of work to fix it. -The calendar online fits HORRIBLY on an iphone (where most of our bookings are done) and many of our customers say they cannot book, but it's just likely that it is not obvious that you have to scroll or click. -Tons of bugs that have prevented customers from booking. -Guests tell us all the time they cannot book -Paypal doesn't work sometimes -The app has to be shut down and reopened to be accurate -The app has TERRIBLE and limited functionality -We see people that are trying to book all the time and don't - but we have no idea if it's because they can't or just get frustrated and give up. -I don't think that anyone from the technical department asks for feedback from non-trekksoft users who aren't accustomed to how the app works (try asking people to use it off the street) -Clients complain that confirmation emails go to spam Honestly, with all the issues we've had, I am surprised they are in business. To me, all the problems we have had is completely UNACCEPTABLE for a business that is supposed to help augment and simplify your business process. I have to CONSTANTLY do test bookings and be monitoring to be sure there are not problems. This takes hours per week of supervision and creates sooo much stress. The worst part, is no one probably has any idea how much business they are losing unless you spend all your time monitoring it. Don't waste your time or money with them...do your research and go elsewhere.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Phil Rice

Owes me a lot of money , wont respond, terrible support, many technical issues & designed to bleed money from you

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-09-15
Review Source: Software Advice

Be warned about this company - they are good at marketing and promising everything about their product but they fall far from delivering on their promises and can seriously damage your business.

Cons
The pre sales people will do everything they can and promise you everything to get you on board - but after that you will not received the same level of response again. - The actual technical setup of the site causes lots of SEO issues and google to penalize you giving you no chance of doing well in rankings. You are very limited on what you can do to make changes to help this. Our sales dropped 60% when we switched. - The tech support is just a system to fob you off with next to no support at all. They have a "helpdesk system" chat type interface right in the admin , you ask a question and it will take min hours but more likely a day or so for someone to reply but that reply will usually not be an answer but just "we will pass this onto the support team" . So basically can take days to just have you request passed to support. From there your lucky if you get a response in less than a week , often taking many weeks for a reply. -The checkout cart is extremely bad and has extremely high abandonment rates. Also the fact that you can only book one product at a time loses lots of sales or puts people off from booking at all - The payment processing fees are very high, and that is on top of an already expensive fee you pay for the system, charges for refunds, placing bookings (even for offline bookings there are fees!). - The checkout cart currency conversion system is a ripoff that just annoys your customers and results in lots of complaints about you over charging them. Basically , by default it is set to have Trekksoft handle the conversion and they rates in their favor to make more money - it is possible for the customer to choose to have their bank do the conversion but this is not obvious and no one does, so they only find out when there are excessive charges in their bank account. So make it worse a problem we experience on several occasions (and i reproduced this , reported it and was told it wasnt a problem / brushed aside)) is a double conversion - example using a credit card in USD to pay for the products priced in USD on our site the customer have teh payment converted to a non usd currency (incurring charges by trekksfoft) then it was presented to the USD credit in the non USD currency , therefore incurring conversion charges again. Basically for USD priced items with a USD credit card was doublely charged for currency conversions! - some tours that showed as being authorized had problems in the trekksoft gateway back end resulting in us not being paid. When we queried these we were given random excuses trying to fob us off and avoid paying (never resolved). The issues go from top to bottom - CEOs and senior management have been included in email complaints about them not responding (several emails over a month period) to my request for answers regarding the many thousands of USD they owe us but we get no response. Last email informed them of impending legal action and it receive a swift apology and a promise it would be investigate by a support manage , with a follow up response the following day. That what several days ago and nothing so I have no choice but to take legal action against the company now.

Stephanie Milne

Great booking system

Reviewed 2018-08-17

Connection to channels really safe us a lot of time managing bookings from different channels, and avoiding mistakes. Very responsive customer service that solves problem very quickly.

Pros
- Can be connected to many channels - Easy to use - Super responsive customer service

Cons
- Glitches happen - Minor shortcomings, such as payout report doesn't give detailed information such as adult / child

Response from Trekksoft

Dear Stephanie,

We really appreciate that you took the time to leave us a review. We are glad to hear that you find our system useful and moreover that our channel manager is helping you to save time while managing all your bookings.

Everyday we are working on make our system better, so your report in the cons will certainly help us to improve.

Jesse Cohen

Being buried in a pit of fire ants would be better

Reviewed 2017-05-22

Every now and then, after weeks and weeks and weeks of complaints, and a lot of bs dripping with bad sales training, we finally get transferred to an actual technician who comes up with a solution that sort of solves one of the myriad issues we're having with their software.......then he goes on holiday for a month with no notice. Guess this isn't really a pro in the end. I will never, ever trust a salesperson again. Lesson learned! Thanks Trekksoft!

Cons
1) The setup is counter-intuitive: information for a single tour is spread into two main branches of the software, so that you have to navigate to two different lists of tours to see who is booked on a tour and for instance, change the name of the tour. 1.5) Those two lists are ordered by date, one starting with the next tour, and the other with the tour farthest away. No way to reverse it. 2) When sending people payment links, the page is ugly and is impossible to edit. When people pay, they receive no automatic confirmation email. We were told we can automate that, but only when we send the payment link.......so people will receive their ticket before paying. Nothing confusing about that. Right? Oh, also, no personal info (email, phone number, etc) is taken when they pay. 3) The app doesn't work at all, and the mobile site is unusable. It worked for a total of 6 days in the last 4 months. 4) Since we allow people to buy more than one ticket at a time, we have to make a choice of getting personal info from each guest, or (theoretically) getting one name/number/email per basket, which would be fine, except that info doesn't make it on to the guest list on the app. Useless. 5) Several features were promised that simply don't work the way we were explicitly told they were. When this became apparent (in our first phone call after paying), we asked for a refund. They offered us and extra month of "service." The list goes on, but no space lef

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Nathan Pearson

Positive and quick easy to use

Reviewed 2017-09-24

its a full service tourism suite.

Pros
this software if full service booking suite with all the bells and whistles that go with it. Trekksoft have not left a stone unturned if you need it to run your tourism based business then Trekksoft has it covered.

Cons
The only thing that I found frustrating is that on the start-up package you have an initial account agent for the set-up process but once you have set-up you needs to email support team for answers and to assistance. Although I do agree that with the low their packages and account manager should not be an ongoing thing. I think it would be best to have a point of contact for at least the first 6 months of signing up to allow for further training and questions.

Response from TrekkSoft

Thank you for your review and your feedback, Nathan! I have passed on your comment to the customer success team and we will keep this in mind. We strive to provide the best service possible to our users and constructive feedback like yours is always appreciated. Olivia from TrekkSoft