TrekkSoft Reviews

TrekkSoft

Manage, market, and sell with one tour and activity solution

TrekkSoft

Review Summary

Pros

TrekkSoft gave us a wonderful integration that fit perfectly into our website. We've increased sales and our customers have a great experience overall.

Yolonda N.

If you see they have a great rate is because they send you the rating email right after buying the software, and as you have great sales experience you will rate it really good.

Jose Alney U.

The best thing of all is the cost, surely value for your money. I highly recommend this app to anyone looking to improve their booking system and grow their business.

Samuel H.

Jose Alney U.

Very bad and hardly have any knowledge about the product. Sorry but it is not good for the price they charge.

Rudolf S.

Sometimes there is some bugs that happens when customers pay, where they show up as "ghosts" with no personal info.

Simon G.

We use Trekksoft daily for all of tour operations.

Overall A+ there is nothing as good as it out on the market at the moment and I have looked at them all. If a company wants to take their booking seriously they should use the Trekksoft backbone and customise it to suit their needs.

Pros

It is a turnkey system with a full back end support staff. The management of the booking process is designed for ease of use and the best user experience.

Cons

Because it is a new more people need to use the software in order to grow the network, this happening as more and more companies trust the system.

Dear John, Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to work with you and to see that you are successful with our system so far. We are looking forward to many more years of partnership with you. Best Regards, The Trekksoft Team

Good Software with extremely bad support

At the beginning I was delighted with the sales process and sales support. After paying the whole year in advance (They only have that option) you lose important to them as a customer as they are more focused into get more clients. They promised to help us on the setup of the system. They assigned one person that was very nice but didn't solve anything and did very bad follow up. At the end we had...

Pros

The software is very complete. Ideally it is what you are looking for for a booking software. I was very satisfied with what you can do and achieve with it.

Cons

Sales department promise you everything you ask. Then when delivering them they do not show up to support. Support is extremely low and sometimes you think they don't know what are doing. If choose to look for the information to solve issues by yourself the help documents and videos seems old and not updated to the actual software interface. The widget code to attach to your own website is not working on IOS, so people with those mobile devices may not book and you loose that sale.

Dear Jose, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us. We are very sorry to hear you have experienced some troubles with our customer service, you have someone assigned specifically to help you and your team with the set up, I checked and she has been in contact with you, so would you mind checking your inbox as there are some emails that I see...

Some improvements in functions and freedom

Satisfactory! The support, the help and open to ideas I send them and also the ease way to use. Also how they helped me to change subscription to pay in parts due this pandemic.

Pros

Easy to use and many many features to add to your website and to use with customers like sms or auto emails, the mobile ticketing and e-tickets for wallet. Good stats too.

Cons

Some minor things, such as I cannot allocate certain activities or tours to some user/agents so they cannot see all of them. Cannot allocate activities and use range of dates to search them, if I search from one date to another it will appear all tours/activities and not only some I want to show in my website, for instance I want "Virtual Tours" allocated in "Activity Finder" so clients can search in a range of dates the availability of only those tours, but no, the widget will show all tours/activities.

Hi Byron! Thank you so much for leaving a review. We'll look into the points you raised about activity allocation and the Activity Finder and get back to you via email. - Nicole

Owes me a lot of money , wont respond, terrible support, many technical issues & designed to bleed money from you

Be warned about this company - they are good at marketing and promising everything about their product but they fall far from delivering on their promises and can seriously damage your business.

Pros

Cons

The pre sales people will do everything they can and promise you everything to get you on board - but after that you will not received the same level of response again. - The actual technical setup of the site causes lots of SEO issues and google to penalize you giving you no chance of doing well in rankings. You are very limited on what you can do to make changes to help this. Our sales dropped...

Great start and supportivr to set up

Fantastic and faultless support at the beginning. Sales team were excellent. Support I received to set up was excellent. Very helpful and took time to help. Clear, easy and reliable. However, I had problems with the software and customer support was woeful. Misunderstood, passed around to various different people and I had to hassle to get problem solved. Teething problems took a while to sort out. It's working fine now but it was very stressful at beginning.

Pros

Fairly easy to use. App good and responsive

Cons

Have to scroll through for availability changes. But of a faff.

Hi Leanne, thanks for leaving us a review and for highlighting the difficulty you faced when you first started out with us. I apologise for that and thank you for sticking with us despite the rocky start. We'll look into your account history to ensure a smoother experience for new customers in the future. All the best, Nicole.

Continously evolving to a better product

Booking software, easy management, great service, fresh websites, easy accounting

Pros

2 years ago, when I was looking for a Tour management software, I was looking something like Trekksoft: Easy to use backoffice dashboard, friendly, dynamic and easy to use websites, Costumer support is on point: helpful, friendly and fast. It has improved a lot in the last 6 years with the new account manager, the service has become quicker and friendlier. Appart from that, interesting and up to date webinars, Ebooks and other news. Booking system works pretty well and accepts all kind of credit cards.

Cons

There were some cons at the beginning (we started using Trekksoft 2 years ago) but most of the issues have been addressed or corrected. We are now enjoying a very estable service. One of my only cons Is that I still dont see a what to offer better rates for early bird bookings (my old booking system use to have it). For the price, Trekksoft is pricey but worth it in the long term (if you join one of their annual suscriptions). I still find disappointing to pay for each offline booking (when I never use their Payment Gateway) having a professional account, that is probably my biggest con. Regardless, is a great software and I believe they will keep getting better over the years.

Hi Aleksander, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review on your experience so far. We have 2 options which may be suitable for you to charge early bird pricing . I will ask your account manager Renan to reach out to you and see if it will be a suitable solution for your business. We look forward to a very successful 2018 working with you. Best Regards, Rob Smith Head Customer Success Management

It Actually Works Consistently!

Pros

The ability to have an integrated webpage, booking system, and reservation support system all in one, saves so much time and money. Change your schedule? Add a trip? Change it once, immediately updated on the webpage, etc. Support has been very friendly, and unlike other systems, the system works consistently. It calculates taxes correctly. It keeps a complete reservation history - no trying to guess what happened or why. We looked around a lot, made a couple of changes to what we used. This is the best by a long shot. And more comprehensive.

Cons

The system has a lot of flexibility - so you will probably go through a few tweaks until you find the mix of options you prefer. There may not be a simple 1-2-3 setup guide that fits your particular operations, but chances are it WILL do what you want. It will never lose information on you, and they are good at fixing/adding tools that the user base requests. The platform technology is modern, clean interface, interfaces with the big reservation portals (Viator, etc).

Hi Francesca , Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. Your account manager Renan is available for you if needed anytime. Thanks , The TrekkSoft Team

Trekksoft help me to find new way to connect with huge potential customers through internet

Pros

Trekksoft is fine booking engine, good for SEO, secure and easy to use system. Moreover, this is a travel platform for local travel agency to share their best tour product with their best price to over the world

Cons

Trekksoft should have a contract with other big company such as Agoda, Skyscaners or Amadeus ... then share the sub contract to other Trekk users as the program of Google Adsense. My idea is to maximize the benefit of the Trekk users and help the trekk user 'web more interesting with much more value information. If the trekk user are the big companies, they can do themself easily to contact and link to other platform to maximize benefit, but for the small company, it will take more time.

Hi An Bui , Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. The TrekkSoft Team

Great booking system for Citytour in Basel

Pros

- Connection to other booking platforms like viator, tripadvisor, getyourguide and more ... - Responsive for all clients (PC, MAC, ipad, iphone, android)

Cons

- The employer which is working with the app in the tablets have no possability to take money in diffrent currencies. Only one currency for cash payment for bookings on the street. - At evening after a working day can't print out a cashbox report. How many should be in the cashbox is in the moment not reportable ... This is the onliest thing, rest of the software ist great!!!!

Hi Michael , Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. Our dev team are looking into your request currently , we will follow up with you soon. Thanks , The TrekkSoft Team

Very functional and versatile tool

Overall I am happy with software, and it is expensive at first glance but if you calculate benefits it is money well spend. of course if you have attractive offer. If you don't nothing helps.

Pros

I really like versatility and functionality of software and how many partners it has. And of course customer support.

Cons

it could be more user friendly and more windows or iOS like. It is more Unix or even older OS like. But this doesn't affect functionality and its purpose. Another thing is website creation; please make it better, bigger pictures, more html friendly i think

Dear Leon, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us. We are currently in a project to change the design of our system so it looks more attractive and mostly more user friendly, so your comments are very well received. I also passed your feedback about our website builder to the right team so they can keep that on mind for future improvement. Looking forward to have a long therm relationship with your company. Best, The Trekksoft Team

Best Day Tour Operator Software

This system is really in-depth and does A LOT on both the front and back ends. So, obviously that also means you have to put some time into learning about how it can work best for you, how to set it up with all the little details working, etc...to get the most out of it. Once you have all the information set up in it though, it simplifies everything for you and makes your company run smoothly, which...

Pros

I have done demos on practically every software out there but nothing compares to the Trekksoft platform's versatility. The front end allows for so much more detailed information and descriptions that other platforms don't. One of the biggest pluses is the Add-Ons capability as our company offers unique, optional Add-Ons that really enhance the tours so they are incredibly important to showcase during...

Cons

Sorry, can't think of anything to complain about. This platform is just amazing and dynamic! I do see a lot of complaints here, but so many of them are due to operator error as far as I can tell. What I mean by that is that the person complaining doesn't seem to be learning enough about the system to understand it but rather just complaining that things don't work. For example; I see all sorts of...

Dear Yolanda, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such comprehensive review, I can tell that no one have ever taken the time to go in such detail through the pros of our system and for sure this is very well received. This review fill all the Trekksoft Family with satisfaction and for sure will help all people looking for a booking software to take a more conscious choice. I’am happy to see you are successful with our system so far and we hope to build a long term relationship with your company.. Best, The Trekksoft Team

A great all-in-one platform to get your tour business off the ground and build partner networks

A full-service booking platform and integrated webpage that helped us launch and promote our business, as well as to connect with travel agents, partners in the Partner Network, as well as interface to large booking systems through the TrekkSoft API. This singular package does quite a lot.

Pros

The end result looks very professional. It allows for seamless integration of website and booking platform in one stylish package. The Admin functions are easy to learn and once you get the hang of it, you can begin quickly building your suite of activities and website together. The platform continues evolving, so new features are continuously being added. The business and technical support are...

Cons

The product has evolved over time and as a result there are some legacy evolutionary quirks. For example: there are a few tasks which are buried in strange places or almost hidden, which at the time may have made sense, but now just seem weird. These are few and are easily cleared up with a quick chat with support. Also... with any tool that does so much, it can be a little tricky to find your feet...

Hi Neil, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. Your feedback is very important to us, thanks so much for taking the time to go into detail. The TrekkSoft Team

TrekkSoft is an excellent booking platform and we are very happy with it for the most part.

Great price, great platform, great visual content. Love the payments coming in once per month like clockwork. Thanks so much!

Pros

Easy and fast experience for clients on the front end with great visual appeal and seamless integration with my own website. The booking process for clients is really easy for the most part and I also like that TS provides a free website on their own so that I keep both my own website up on our client computer in our sales office, but also another tab open with the TS site showing our tours and rentals...

Cons

I would like to see a few more back end features for the tour operator personally. Such as having the print out of the booking contain all the items purchased by the clients for easy record keeping, such as the Add-Ons. Our company uses Add-Ons heavily so our clients have a more immersive touring experience. We offer 3 different kinds of picnics, hotels on some tours and even entrance fees for some...

Thank you for your review, Yolanda! I am glad to read that you are happy with TrekkSoft. To get back to you about the feedback you gave, I have been in contact with our product management team regarding your request to have the add-ons on a printed version of the booking. Great news, as of last month this can already be done! Simply go to the basket details and print it from there. Regarding the support, I have sent the feedback to our support team. I have also asked your account manager to reach out to you to see if you have any further questions. Olivia from TrekkSoft

From little to BIG

Well, as luck would have it, I actually used Capterra as a tool to research software solutions for reservations management. I found it extremely helpful, so I'm adding my two cents to support Capterra in helping users like you and I to make informed decisions. Enough about Capterra... let's talk TrekkSoft. The elevator pitch version goes something like this: TrekkSoft supports a wide range of...

Pros

Inter-connectedness with guest management, inventory management, accounting, marketing.

Cons

The system can be slow at times. The reports are not as strong as I need them to be. These are concerns they are addressing with me.

Using Trekksoft as a website and booking solution

We are an activity company in Hungary and Slovenia. We use Trekksoft since June 2015 and in overall I am very satesfied with it. First we have used it only for accepting creditcard payments at our reception desk. It is very simple either you use your computer or your smartphone with card reader. In 2016 I had to change our old website to a new one and I wanted to add more features to the site....

Cons

It has been great working with Trekksoft.

I think their is a lot of improvement in the area of Market Information. I like the Business Intelligence and the Customers Insights as an idea, but I believe this area could provide with much more usable information.

Pros

It is easy to use, the customer service is great. They respond very quickly and all the team, specially the Munich team has been awesome.

Cons

I would like to be able to generate better marketing reports. Information about our clients, in graphics and tables. I am most interested in Demographics as well as a way to download on a Excell sheet the sales per activity per month, so that I don t have to generate it myself. Also a Con is that even though in theory it is easy to connect to Marketplaces with API's it has proven to be very difficult. I am still waiting to get connected to Get Your Guide/ Expedia among others.

Dear Roberto, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us and we are glad to hear that you found or system easy and moreover that you are happy with our customer service. About the feedback you shared with us in the cons, I already asked your contact person at Trekksoft to reach out to you to discuss about the Business Intelligence feature as we do...

Happy, but I hope in future improvement

Generally speaking I am very happy with Trekksoft, and I hope to have more possibility and function in future.

Pros

What I like most is that the software is very easy to use and a lot of function are very useful to manage the experiences. Also it is very easy to create a web site. The connection with the marketplace is of course one of the most important part.

Cons

Sometimes I would prefer to have more choices. For example I would like for the voucher to have a period of availability, so that I can set to sell the voucher only for the next two months. Or sometimes the are words (in the creation of the website or in the booking part) that I cannot change or choose if I want them to be shown or not and I can not change them. I would also like to have the possibility to suggest another activities at the end of the booking, or during.

Dear Elena, Thank you for your review, we are happy to see that you feel comfortable so far with our system and that it is helping you to manage your daily operations. I believe some of the things you are discribing in the cons are currently possible with our system. For example our Gift Certificates (Vouchers) they have a possibility to add expiration date and recently we implemented it as well...

Great customer support from Trekksoft team

We chose TrekkSoft as the booking platform to sell these unique experiences due to the integration capability. Where once tours were dividedsold individually by each National Park on different systems, primarily to a local audience, now we are testing how we can look at bookings and the business as a whole. We can also connect with marketplaces, booking agents and tourism organisations to expand our audiences.

Pros

The product is fairly intuitive, and once its set up its really easy to use. It integrates well into our own websites. The customer support we've received from Vanessa, Pieter and the team has been excellent. They've been very responsive and explain things very clearly and simply. They've taken suggestions on board for future development.

Cons

It does require a lot of set up time and the integration process is not simply one-click, but requires many different relationships with different OTAs and distributors. This says more about the fragmented tourism marketplace than Trekksofts system, but I wouldn't underestimate the time required to set-up the system in order to save time in the long-run.

Dear Mark, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us. We are delighted that all the Parks decided to trust in our system to take care of this unique experiences so we feel really flattered. We are happy to hear as well that the service received from our team have been excellent and rest sure that we will keep on delivering such service. We do know that the time to set up the system is a bit long due to all the functionalities it has, but everyday we are looking for fixes that can improve these times for our customers, we are actually working in a design change to make it more intuitive and hopefully will decrease the set up times as well. Once again thank you for your feedback. Best, The Trekksoft Team

Simple but slow

System is simple and direct so easy to use. but hope the process speed get better

Pros

Trekksoft is very easy and direct to use and also very easy to edit the reservations. One more thing that I like most is sending voucher

Cons

Hope the speed of the system get better. I always feel that it is bit slow to use. Also, I have sent an email to Customer Service at first about the introduction to use, but it takes a week to receive the answers(two emails) and very unkind answers, so I was frustrated

Dear Sean, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us, we are glad to hear that you have been successful with the system so far and that you like it. About the counter side of your review, rest sure that we are working on the system speed, soon (if you haven’t yet) you will notice a change on it. Furthermore, please receive my sincere apologies for the inconvenience with our customer service team, I already took actions on it and we will make sure this doesn’t happen again. Best, The Trekksoft Team

Great app and company

Theres nothing i do not like because if you want to change anything they are there right away to adjust for you to fit your needs.

Pros

I am a client of trekksoft for several years and i highly recommend it. First customer service is fast, staff are always helpful they answer and extend help to all questions i have and even guide you in setting up your website, they do tutorial and show you how patiently. Its very easy to use.

Cons

None that i dont like everthng is ok. i just taught at first its hard to use but after thier team teached me and showed me its just easy to set up.

Dear Marianne, Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your positive feedback. We are happy to see that you are satisfied with our software and our service, we are hear to help our customer and positive reviews like yours is what give us satisfaction and motivates us to keep on working together with our customers. Looking forward for many more years of Partnership. Best, The Trekksoft Team

professional booking system with high degree of customer care

We were searching for a booking software that would take away a lot of things we were doing individually. TrekkSoft enabled us to have great automatisms and therefore reduce the workload and the mistakes that it could result in. Easy to use, great design and logic steps for enhanced usability

Pros

-) great customer support -) high level of development based on the needs of the customer -) high usability, just sometimes too many steps -) Backend handling through App, perfect for when you are on the go -) Great API connections and additional incorporations in order to allow automatisms, such as Google Calendar and Zapier

Cons

-) Sometimes it is not adequate for human guides as resources -) Payouts could be more friendly for accounting and controlling issues

Dear Perrine, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is always important for us. We are happy to hear that you have been successful with the system so far and that it is helping to reduce the workload. We will really appreciate if you could give us more insight about why the resources are not working as expected for you so we can follow up on that and try to improve if possible. And as well about the payouts. Thanks again for your great feedback. Best, The Trekksoft Team

Perfect for a Hostel

The main hostel holds 205 people at one location and another 150 at our 2nd property so we are pretty busy dealing with issues within the hostel along with making sure all of the guests are happy while staying with us. Using TrekkSoft as our booking software for tour and activities gives us the ability to book move, rebook, refund, update and check passenger lists which give us on reception more time to help the customers with other issues. If guests staying at the hostel want to know how many spots are left and what times the trips are running it takes me 3 clicks on the dashboard and I can give my guest the information. It saves me constantly being on the phone to tour providers checking passenger lists, checking time schedules which in turn promotes productivity and efficiency.

Pros

- The customer support is priceless, from setting TrekkSoft up to troubleshooting certain functions. - Real time updates on passenger lists which prevents over booking. - We can monitor our growth, sales from our website and our front desk with the reports and analytics features. - The connect-ability between us and our partners in the tourism industry is a big one, it has turned our hostel into a central hub for locals and tourists!

Cons

- With every software there are bugs which occasionally pop up here and there but they get sorted and resolved once you let them know. - We some times feel over whelmed with the new product releases because we feel like we are not utilizing all of the functions available to us.

I am a happy user of the trekksoft software as this saves me time to coordinate tours and ressources

Pros

The possibility of having different options of cooperation. For time beeing I work with the pay as you go option and when business grows I can buy additional options. Then I like the possibility of getting in touch and work with big activity providers like Viator, GetYourGuide and so on

Cons

Working together with some big activity providers the price structure (Group price / fixed price / Per Person price) have to be entered the way they want it. But this is rather the problem of the activity provider and not trekksoft and this is not a major issue. Further I dislike that tours have to be entered always in all choosen language. I have tours for the german market only and others for the english market only. The system does not allow me to offer tours in just one language.

Hi Ralf, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience so far. We are delighted to hear of your success with TrekkSoft. The TrekkSoft Team

Pretty good overall although not simple at all at the beginning.

After several contacts with several offers on the market, I chose this system which was not the cheapest and simplest, to give it a try for a couple of years and see if it woud pay off. After 8 months it looks like it is starting to move . Website is more visible and connections through API are slowly producing results. So far, I do not regret my choice although it is qute an additional overhead on my business. I will monitor the situation in the next few months. I wish that the payment system was different ( less charges from bank transfers)

Pros

System is very complete and complex but Customer support is very good. Website structure simple, attractive and can be modified with css to a large extent. Admin desk very extensive. Good link to Market place ( worldwide tour booking platforms)

Cons

It is not cheap at all compared to other systems. Very complex admin desk It takes a lot of time and stamina to master it.I still have small problems sometimes. Luckily Customer support is fast, precise and patient. Payments are made from Switzerland . Transfer fees and charges are important at both ends( transfer to France in my case).