Okendo Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.14/10

Reviews by rating

The amount of very positive reviews has been a boost not just to our marketing efforts but also affirms that we are doing a good job.
We had a great experience with Okendo and now that is it set up, the reviews are pouring in. Love that it doesn't take maintenance.
Overall, the customer service was really, really good. It's been only a couple of weeks so far but very happy with the product and the customer service.
Also, an annoying issue for me, is when responding to a review, if I click away in Okendo, I lose what I typed, and that's most frustrating.
Lack of customization of the Review Submission form. Time zone difference from their Support Team and our Office causes a 1+ day delay in communication typically.
So I have to pay an extra premium just to get them to sync. I already pay you both monthly why am I paying more.

RD

Cleo V.

Dir. of eCommerce

Highly highly recommend

Transcript

Cleo S.: I'm Cleo. I am Director of E-Commerce and Digital Marketing at a woman's wear company, and I...

Aaron Wayne L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Okendo Is Everything I Ever Wanted In A Customer Review App

Pros

I've used a handful of customer review apps, (Yotpo, Feefo, Stamped, Judge.me) and Okendo is by far my favorite. It's extremely easy to use, the user experience for submitting written reviews, plus video and images, is very well-designed. I have now implemented Okendo on 2 separate ecommerce sites, and we've been able to dramatically increase our review volume solely because of Okendo. For our products, giving customers the ability to review product attributes (taste, effectiveness, etc) means our customer reviews even more helpful to prospective customers. Customizing these attributes is extremely easy. The team at Okendo is also tremendously helpful and they do everything they can to make sure we are pleased. They have been one of the best support teams I've ever worked with.

Cons

Customizing certain things isn't always easy or accessible for non-dev users. Support has been helpful for resolving most issues. Rewards could be a little more advanced and customizable.

AH

Ashleigh H.

Fantastic product

Easy to use and the team made our integration seamless. Very helpful throughout the merge of our current review data.

Pros

We upgraded to Okendo to make it easier to capture and share reviews using our email system and displaying them online on our homepage and at a product level. It has been a game changer with the details it captures and customer photos/videos. An added bonus that it now integrates with Klaviyo our email marketing tool! Highly recommend!

Cons

We have two websites and it would be great to have the functionality to share reviews across both sites without duplication.

KR

Kate R.

Retail, 51-200 employees

No reporting

Our rep is great, its also hard to get in touch when we are in different time zones though.

Pros

I like okendo, but I find it hard to customize and really understand if its effective given that there is no real dashboard.

Cons

I dont have any access to stats about customers using this deature, or the abikity to maek changes without a rep.

CO

Cayla O.

Great for Startups

We are really hoping to improve conversions with the addition of reviews! We want to share the wonderful feedback that our customers send to us publicly so that prospective buyers can learn from their opinions and make informed purchases. We are seeing a direct impact through the integration of star reviews to our ad-sets, as well as our SEO.

Pros

Love that the support staff was able to aid in the customization of the widget and review capture forms beyond the standard interface - this was a huge plus! The cost is unbeatable compared to other options out there, as we are an early stage company that is too big for most starter packs, but not big enough where the enterprise offering would appeal to us at this stage. We really feel like we can grow with Okendo, and that they will grow with our needs as well!

Cons

Small UI experiences on the backend such as total quantity of reviews in the moderation portal. Would love to be able to access / update the blacklist on our own.

SM

Stefanie M.

Retail, 11-50 employees

No complaints about Okendo!

Fit issues - if the majority of customers report that something is running small or large, we are able to give more accurate fit reports to prospective purchasers.

Pros

This software was really easy to set up and is very user friendly for both administrator and customer.

Cons

Can't think of anything we dislike at the moment!

GS

Gyve S.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Okendo is pretty amazing

They were fast and amazing to work with. Best of all they did the migration, technical setup and integration for us for FREE while Yotpo, well they had us do it. When I said to YotPo I was leaving their response was just "Ok", lol...Highly recommend Okendo, they are hungry for business.

Pros

It's got a clean and simple interface unlike YotPo which is complicated and all over the place. They don't charge you based on the number of emails you send which Yotpo does and that just limits the number of reviews you can get which is not what you want when starting out with reviews. We got a special offer that matched YotPo's prices and helped our reviews grow massively. They also allow you to upload photos to reviews or ask questions. Also there is a lot more flexibility to make Okendo look like it's meant to be part of your site!

Cons

There is not much room to edit the emails look/feel, they are lacking some analytics tables that Yotpo has (although they integrate with google analytics now), and they don't have "you may also" like options for their emails which yotpo has. That said overall the pros definitely outweigh these cons.

JR

Joanna R.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

I love them so much!

Pros

We have been using Okendo for a couple years and it helps us get sales so easily. I love the photo option so users can submit photos.

Cons

Honestly nothing, I love it so far and it helps us make money.

ZL

Zoe L.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Easy to request and manage reviews

Pros

Always improving with new features, and extremely responsive customer service.

Cons

Newer than other options out there, so not as many integrations, but costs less.

AS

Alex S.

Great Easy to Use Service

Definitely a positive overall experience, and I would recommend them to anyone that needs a really solid reviews software that isn't super fussy.

Pros

It's super easy to use, and all of its features are very sleek and functional. The team is super helpful, and responds quickly if we run into any issues or have questions.

Cons

It's fairly lightweight, and missing some features that more heavy-duty competitors offer. However, it's a great value for the money.

MELANIE L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Pretty good app but in order to sync with Klaviyo you have to get the $299/month plan!

I'd like to integrate with Klaviyo but I am. not at the stage that I can afford the power plan.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use and to navigate and overall works well.

Cons

You have to access it from Shopify and not from a website, so I cant get my social media manager to upload reveiws to Facebook unless i give her access to Shoipify. Unlike Yotpo, you have to manually share on FB page. The klaviyo integration is only on the $299/month power plan which is too pricey for me.

kv

kristina v.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Excellent Service and Software

I can now collect photos and reviews without having to pay very high prices

Pros

Okendo review platform has exceeded my expectations. The software is designed very well, it guides each customer to leave a high-quality review. The option of offering a bigger discount for customers who leave photo reviews is done very well, this has really helped create great social proof for my business. I would recommend this to any e-commerce business which aims to have transparency and great reviews.

Cons

I cant think of anything at the moment.

NN

Nancy N.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Great Bang For Your Buck!

We love doing business with Okendo. They're constantly improving their service and coming up with new features. Their customer service is exemplary!

Pros

The cost of using Okendo is far less than the competitor brand we were using and we get more for our $$ on top of that. That's probably the number one benefit. We have an artisan skincare company and reviews are pretty important for first time customer conversions when the potential customer can't try the products directly, so we really needed this service for our website. Okendo came along at just...

Cons

No cons. We've been very happy with what they're offering.

AL

Andrew L.

Happy Customer. Switched from Stamped.IO

Pros

Set-up and customer support are excellent. Also, you do not have to pay for multiple instances to support multiple stores.

Cons

To date, we have no complaints. Okendo has worked well, and no major issues.

JH

Jen H.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Great Review Software at a Great Price

The people that work for Okendo offer great customer support. I would highly recommend them. We now use this on all 4 of our retail sites.

Pros

The setup of the software was incredibly easy and they assisted every step of the way. This is one of the first apps we have installed where we didn't have to make design edits to make it look good on our page. The software is very easy to use.

Cons

Nothing really. They had everything we needed and helped with everything we asked for.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Fantastic value, Has all the basic features you want

Start with Okendo over any other review management software. It's no risk, monthly, and it does basically everything you need it to. You can always upgrade to overpriced options later if you are missing some key features. I doubt you will though. The value is fantastic. It has made our site look so much better and add tons of social proof with the reviews and how they are displayed.

Pros

Value. I was trying to decide between Yotpo and Okendo, and read so many reviews that while Yotpo was great with lot of extra features, you don't need the extra features and support to justify the cost. I am so happy I went with Okendo. Support. The team is small but very responsive. They will help you get set up and be there in case anything needs adjustment. They helped me with some customization as well. Clean/Simple. I love the look of Okendo. The reviews are tight, clean, and very easy to adjust with CSS settings. The carousel looks great, and I have been very happy with how it makes our site look. They make it fit with the design and style of your theme.

Cons

Search feature. I would like the ability to search reviews. I have heard this feature may be coming soon. You can ask for a csv of all reviews or they can search for you until they release the new feature.

GM

Graydon M.

We're really happy with our experience with Okendo!

Pros

What we like the most about this software is the ability to create quality reviews and reward customers for their efforts. We find that by offering an incentive, we usually receive a number of reviews from the same customers and also encourage them to buy more which is great. We are also enjoying the new Q & A feature which allows us to answer customer questions and offer more clarity about our products and ingredients.

Cons

It would be great if there was more control over how it looked design wise, different templates to choose from along with more robust analytics. It would also be great if there was a way to add in links without hardcoding.

tP

tiffany P.

Big Fan!

Wonderful! When I switched over it was a seamless transition and I haven't looked back.

Pros

I am a BIG FAN of Okendo! I was previously using a competitors program and paying way too much money. Okendo does all of the same things for a third of the price or less. Highly recommend.

Cons

I wish that there was a way to fully customize the reviews to look like my brand. Right now it's not bad, but if I could customize the shape of the stars, fonts, etc, that would be ideal.

CK

Christy K.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Using Okendo

I personally really like Okendo. I check the platform multiple times daily. It's been a great tool for us.

Pros

I like how visual and intuitive the platform is. I like that we can reply to comments directly in the platform and that reply goes directly to the customer. I like that we can stop poor reviews from publishing to the site. I like that we have the options to publish images or withhold images with a review.

Cons

It would be great if we could search using a customer's name instead of/in addition to a customer's email address.

PZ

Paige Z.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Way better than Yotpo for the price!

As a newly launched company in a new DTC product category, customer reviews (social proof) are incredibly important, so we were on the hunt for a review platform that was reasonably priced, but could meet our unique requirements associated with a headless, custom site. Despite being located halfway around he CEO and support team were incredibly helpful in getting us the help, advice, and tips needed to get it implemented quickly.

Pros

Pros are the price, flexibility to implement on a custom, headless site, capable CEO and support team

Cons

Cons are greater SEO capabilities with respect to general branded searches

CI

Celina I.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Easy to use & pretty good!

Pros

Really easy to use, without having used the platform before I was able to figure it out quite easily. The customer service team have also been fantastic at assisting and deploying changes we've made recently to our homepage widgets & integration with Klaviyo

Cons

Isn't entirely immediately obvious what the full capability of the software is & how we would be able to further use it to the advantage of the business

Dean C.

Excellent Product, Amazing Support

Pros

Okendo is easy to use yet very powerful, customer engagement has increased with Okendo through the ability to post pictures an share their review on social media. The reviews present very well on our website with the home page carousel in addition to the dedicated reviews page and presentation on the actual product page.

Cons

There really isn't anything that I dislike, they have been incredible to deal with and very responsive to any questions.

AA

Andrew A.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, great design, extraordinary support.

Pros

The admin is very intuitive, it took me almost no time to master. The overall design is also very clean and functional, so it's nice to look at as well. The platform is very flexible so you can easily turn features on and off as the company evolves. It integrates seamlessly with Shopify so all we had to do was flip the switch and it was ready to go in seconds. To top it all off, Okendo has some of the best customer support I have ever experienced. We are very small company on the entry-level plan, but we were treated like a VIP client! After onboarding all of our followup questions were answered promptly by the support team.

Cons

Honestly, there is nothing not to like about Okendo's review platfrom right now. It's doing everything we need it to do. There are a couple additional features I would like to see, but it's a new company so I anticipate they will be added very soon!

TS

Tony S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

The best solution for Shopify reviews

Pros

Very easy to use for both us and our customers. Easy to manage the entire review process. Reviews are way up since switching to Okendo, with better UGC and engagement. The onboarding process (switching from a more expensive app) was smooth as butter.

Cons

There is nothing not to like. If you need product reviews on your site, this is a stellar option at a great price.

mc

mike c.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Simple Transfer

Pros

For the price, you cant bet Okendo. I spent thousands with Yotpo and it was a waste for a bonified email-sender!!

Cons

My one change would be able to have all the images uploaded into a drive or something. I cant even download them off the back end for use by the business. That's the whole point of getting user-generated content.

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Great product and better support

Pros

Customer support with the implementation has been amazing. Has all the Features we need and is highly customizable compared to Comps like yotpo for a similar price

Cons

Good rich snippets and reviews is an additional $150/ month for manageMent