RingCentral Contact Center Logo

Suggested alternatives

bitrix24
kixie
justcall

Our sales team switched from Google Voice a few weeks ago to RingCentral and it's amazing. It has a clean useful interface on the web version that I use.
So far so good, very helpful. I like that a human answers the phone if I have questions or I can go through the chat feature.
Janna was my technical support representative and she was excellent. She had a great attitude.
Lackluster support, misleading plan details. Most of these reviews are suspicious.
They told me there would be no additional charges as I described how we would be forwarding calls to an Australian admin when we signed the contract.
Sometimes it is difficult to integrate with different softwares.

Joshua S.

Attorney

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Very pleased

Transcript

Josh: Hi, my name's Josh. I'm a lawyer and law firm partner at a firm I founded. I give RingCentral's...

Sean D.

Marketing Assistant

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Incredible call center alternative (especially when working from home)

Transcript

Sean: Hey, I'm Sean, conversion specialist. I give RingCentral Contact Center a five out of five. For...

Joshua S.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Very pleased

We have been very pleased with our use. Primarily we use this for faxes, and that has been great. My partner also likes to Text using a ring central number

Pros

This is an industry standard and has all the basic bells/whistles for communication control

Cons

the GUI could use some work. It is easy to use with mtiple folks, could be better

AH

Adam H.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Review of Product Software

RingCentral has allowed us to speed up call routing and decisions making among our operators that is crucial to our success

Pros

The features of RingCentral that are most impactful for our business have been the call center management and Caller ID. We find that these features have allowed us to make more money each month through the ease of integration into our current processes and the ability to create new efficiencies that we would have not had the chance to create with other similar software options available in the marketplace.

Cons

We've not found anything about RingCentral that is difficult to use or problematic with integrating into our existing systems.

CA

Crystal A.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Expensive Price for Mediocre Service

We went with Ring Central because it was the top of the line business phone company. I don’t feel that the price which we paid for the service we received was worth it. They have a lot of issues and should have a few teams in the states instead of outsourcing everything. It took longer than needed to get my questions and issues corrected and answered. Switched to Zoom phones because it’s easier and more affordable.

Pros

Had soft phones, was able to connect to our existing VOIP phones, was a familiar brand to many people and IT people. Phone numbers were also fax numbers so it was easy to remember.

Cons

Call center support people spoke English as their second language. There was often roosters doodling in The background of a call. Some calls were not recorded when all should have been and Ring Central couldnt tell me why. Our system kept having glitches and would never work the way we set it up.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Very functional

Definitely worth using!

Pros

We use this phone software at my job instead of giving us all individual phones for the company. Its easy to find, easy to use and very convenient to have! We call online all the time and it lets us be bale to text and call the clients we need to get a hold of easily. It's hard to miss a phone call too when it's on your computer and it will ring through your headset.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that it will take a long time to give you a notification when someone does text you back. If you are paying attention to your ringcentral you can see the red dot notifying you that someone has texted you back but the actual sound and banner notification is about on a 15 second lag behind it.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Great for internal communication

Positive overall! Great way to communicate with others you work with who you're not physically with during the day.

Pros

Really great platform for internal company use. I used ring central at the doggy day care facility where I used to work. It was great to be able to communicate with my coworkers in a very fast pace environment where there's a lot going on. Able to search keywords to search for certain things in conversations.

Cons

I don't really have anything bad to say about this platform. It's not the prettiest, but it's simple and that's a great thing.

AC

Allie C.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Ring Central

Not the greatest experience if I'm honest. I know they are great people but the personal experience we had really messed up some things for our company for a period of 2 months.

Pros

I liked the privacy of phone numbers on the app.

Cons

I did not like the problems we had while trying to disconnect with this service. Our phones stopped working and it took ages to get help.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Big Fan

It has helped me to speed up communication, internally and externally, without having to utilize my personal cell. Love it!

Pros

I love the functionality of this product. Not only can I easily access the normal "office phone functions" (colleague extensions, out of office, call directory, etc.) but now I can text clients and candidates.

Cons

Generally I have no complaints. But, I wish you never had to log into your account online to access things like call logs, greeting admin, etc. I'd like to be able to do it all from the desktop app.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

RingCentral allows me to make phone calls from home

Pros

RingCentral can be used at work (via a regular phone) or on an app on my phone so that I have the option of working from home!

Cons

When I get a voicemail, it will show that it was going to my direct extension, however, it went to all of my colleagues on the support team. It's a little misleading when you are trying to figure out who is the best person to call back.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great tool but has some glitches.

We use this daily and really enjoy it when it is working properly.

Pros

You are able to make calls without a landline and you can send texts to everyone in the company as well as tenants and vendors.

Cons

The system goes down when the internet is having issues unlike landlines.

JC

Jeyson C.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Ring central is a must

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and navigate .

Cons

Sometimes there is a small delay if you are working remotely .

KT

Kelly T.

Philanthropy, 11-50 employees

Depends on day for Performance

Overall I guess the system is good. easy to use and even though some days we don't hear phone ring we can always check the app

Pros

It is an easy system to use, I like the fact that we can check on calls from emails and we get alerts. I also like the ability to see faxes. Overall I like the system just wish it would work consistently

Cons

Some weeks everything is great and the phone system is awesome. But then some days we don't get the actual phone call for some reason, it shoes up in the email alerts, but customer thinks we are not answering calls. It is great when it works out

HJ

Helen J.

Construction, 11-50 employees

The support team was great. They made sure I got the answers to my question and they walked me through very well.

Pros

Product - we have just been using the software for a month now and we are in adjustment period. So far, we are not having big problems with the product. It is very user friendly. We can customize with ease. Each user can customize too, giving less work on the super admin. Customer Support - The representatives make sure they have satisfied our questions. There was one issue that we addressed that was not part of their features yet (involves Polycom phones). They immediately suggested that we address it also to the development team. I think the company is growing and with constant support care, RingCentral customers are in good hands.

Cons

Not really a problem but one feature was not included. I wanted to rearrange my contacts on my Polycom Screens by customizing through RingCentral. The software could not help me rearrange to how I wanted the names to be assigned to the lines I prefer. Other than that, I am highly satisfied.

JR

Jessica R.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Pros

What I like most about this contact center is anyone that I have spoken with has been extremely pleasant and gone above and beyond to try to get my questions answered. They are very patient and knowledgable.

Cons

What I like least about this contact center is I have had a very hard time getting a hold of our account manager. I was never able to reach him, which had me constantly being transferred around until I was able to get some answers.

SB

Santosh B.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Ring Central - Review

- It is a great application overall with ring central.

Pros

- Ring central is very easy to setup and use. - This application has many features like recording, setting up rules for routing calls - This application can be customized to very high extent.

Cons

- The pricing can be made more affordable - They can add more features and limits to the applications

MB

Melissa B.

Ring Central Contact Center Review

Pros

Awesome for small to large businesses - this contact portal has literally grown with our company and is a living-breathing document that is accessible to all of our staff! Seriously awesome!

Cons

I have very little cons to say - granted I love everything Ring Central, but the biggest con is just the "ticket" system and having to rely on a reply from Customer Service when you have an issue.

LC

Lucy C.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Very organized tool

Overall is good. If RingCentral has the dark theme that will be great.

Pros

It has GIF that we can choose what we like instead of displaying random GIF. RingCentral group the images, files, pinned items together which is very easy to find the info.

Cons

When the same person leaves the message, it doesn't get added into the same paragraph like Google Chat, it will show multiple lines. And it has the function for like/unlike only, we don't have choose to pick the reactions for the message, for instance, reaction of happy, shock, or lol.

AS

Abraham S.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Top of the Line Contact Center Software With a Friendly Interface

Utilized this product from Spring 2015 - Spring 2016

Pros

Like other RingCentral products I have used in the past, Contact Center shared the same user friendly, colorful, and intuitive interface that made learning to navigate the software a breeze. The software's ability to integrate with our existing information platforms (e/g/ Microsoft Dynamics) was phenomenal. I had not realized how much of an issue that would have been had we gone with another product until we were already set on RingCentral.

Cons

There is nothing negative that comes to mind when considering this product except that I wish it were a bit cheaper. In my opinion, it's still worth every penny.

KH

Kevin H.

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Our primary use is toll-free number routing

Pros

It has a lot of options for setting up the routing for voice/fax, good tracking in the reporting, and has been highly reliable with only one small instance of downtime in 6 years.

Cons

It can be a bit awkward to get things configured the way you'd like. The UI isn't always clear about what each option does.

EC

Emily C.

Fishery, 11-50 employees

Work phone without the hassle

Pros

RingCentral is a great way for me to be able to separate business and personal contacts while still using one phone. Rather than carry two phones around, (one for personal use and one for work) I opted to use a phone number through RingCentral for work conversations. It is nice to be able to use a business phone number, so I'm not giving out my personal phone number to customers, but still be able to use my own phone. It's much less hassle than a separate work phone.

Cons

A few things about this app can be confusing. For instance, I have two RingCentral phone numbers that both work for my phone/account, so sometimes I'm not sure which number to give out. Also, sometimes I need to press '1' to answer a call through RingCentral, but other times I don't, and I don't really understand why.

MA

Mina A.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

This is a reliable system as long as you are not a call center requiring reports and monitoring of leads.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to set up new lines. The software seems reliable as well. Voicemail set up is easy and reliable.

Cons

Sales and customer service are not able to easily navigate the sight, import leads, utilize training software, login from other devices and software without ringcentral phones.

Robert F. D.

Financial Services,

Decent product hamstrung by bottom-barrel customer service.

Increased functionality relative to our old provider, Jive.

Pros

Functionality is decent, and covers most of what my business wanted in terms of flexibility and convenience.

Cons

The support is absolutely unacceptable. Transitioning was a major pain, and involved the RC team not adhering to the schedule we agreed on, resulting in my business losing phone coverage and having to scramble. The sales people are competent, but once they have your money you get shoveled through to people who are difficult to communicate with and aren't very interested in anything other than getting...

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Works for our 24/7 Prayer line and Prayer Team

People who call a Prayer line (especially at night) generally are in crisis. RingCentral allows our Prayer Team the ability to meet them in their time of need and provide comfort and assistance in the name of Jesus.

Pros

I most appreciate the ability to sequentially forward incoming calls, to notify me of missed calls, and to allow me to contact the team.

Cons

It would be nice to have SPAM call identification and blocking. At least 50% of incoming calls are just SPAM or robocalls. Since it is imperative that a call for an actual prayer request be answered, and since even hang-ups need to be followed up, it would be nice to have a SPAM filter. To be honest, the fault does not really lie with RingCentral, but with those who waste people's time and energy trying to scam them.

GT

Gustavo T.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Good enough

I could go back if you cut the prices but I know you will not do.

Pros

Everything is proven, not really very easy to use, tons of capabilities. I'll create somehow an easier to do tutorial, I don't know how easy is to do that

Cons

Expensive for what it is, since there are different alternatives on the market, way cheaper. There are tons of other products out there for way better prices, you are charging for the safe proof concept.

AS

Ankit S.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great digital connectivity

Easy navigation with excellent integration across all devices like mobile, desk and laptop

Pros

Join now feature allowing jumping on calls through single touch

Cons

Dial in restriction - only 5 or less people can dial in with the base verison

MS

Matthew S.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Ring Central

It certainly gets the job done but I wish there were a way to get the job done easier and faster.

Pros

I like the fact that this software integrates into Windows pretty smoothly. When I click a telephone number from the web, the dialogue box prompts me to dial the number with RingCentral as opposed to other software on my machine.

Cons

I'd like to have the option to automatically dial numbers rather than manually click each telephone number as I work in telecommunications and it would make my job easier. There is other software that can do this and I am not sure why this one does not give me the option (or this option is not apparent in the context menus). I also think the overall user interface can be reimagined and simplified - make the most important and most used features easier to access than those that are rarely every used.