FinancialForce Accounting Reviews

Beth Schnabel

FinancialForce for small organization of 20 FTE

Reviewed 2015-07-17
Review Source: Software Advice

My favorite quality of FinancialForce is the seamless integration with Salesforce.com. The platform operates much in the same way as Salesforce, so customizing and reporting were easy and quick to learn. This made the integration process go much smoother and I was able to train my team quickly on using the new financial system. Throughout my history of using FinancialForce, whenever I did encounter a questions or problem, opening a case was easy and the response time was within 1-2 days. Another key functionality that I really enjoy with having both our operations and finances under one login, is the reduced amount of data entry. We have greatly reduced the amount of time spent on duplicate data entry by operating in the same system. FinancialForce also offers a lot of automated functionality, but one we use is the automated cash matching, which takes out another step of manual data entry. The operating efficiencies we've leveraged by implementing FinancialForce have paid for the cost and then some.

Erin Tomaino

Overall we've had a very positive experience with the SCM Module!

Reviewed 2015-08-21
Review Source: Software Advice

The SCM Module of FinancialForce is fantastic for organizations looking for a plug in to Salesforce that can be customized but also has a lot of fantastic out of the box features. Our company went from using Quickbooks which provided very little if any controls and reporting to using the SCM product which allows you to use the same functionality for permissions, page layouts and reporting as you get in the native Salesforce application. The product links seamlessly into your existing organization and allows you to take Opportunities in Salesforce and create Quotes to your customers, sales orders from the quotes, purchase orders to your vendors and invoices to your clients. You can report at the line item level on all of these objects which gives you excellent visibility and control into the day to day operations of your business. There is also an inventory functionality that can assist with inventory management. We don't use this function but I've seen the capability and it's also fantastic.

William McGuire

More than I need Human Capital Management Software

Reviewed 2011-12-01

I would say if you are a small or medium business and you have no idea what an HR department or IT department looks like, then you need Vana Human Capital Management. If you have employees and you want to increase performance, this solution is complete. HR departments will thank you, you will save time and headaches. This made our performance reviews a dream. The social collaboration is new to us and has become the center of our corporate universe. you will be overwhelmed so just be warned the Quick Start Implementation will appeal to you, but I encourage you to just get the next level up so the team at VanaWorkforce.com will do all the work for you. Just get it. Oh yeah, since it is on force.com it makes integration with CRM and other force.com products a single click of the mouse and has single sign-on, super cool. Patrick.The user interface is excellent. If you know Salesforce.com CRM then you will inherently know how to use Vana HCM. WOW! No training required. Great future vision product, it has more than I need to manage my team, recruit and track people, leave, benefits, compensation, performance and more. Even better I LOVE the Social Collaboration tool. It keeps my employees working and collaborating in the solution and not of facebook or twitter. Also love the collaboration on goals, initiatives, performance reviews and projects. Top it off the library was an added bonus, since I can store and share corporate documents and even education materials as part of the solution (free) and have my team collaborate with others on these and track it in the learning management. Overall: over the top! Thank you.

Francis Pindar

One of the best cloud-based accounting applications at the moment

Reviewed 2015-01-23
Review Source: Software Advice

It's built on the Force.com platform. You can code your processes around FinancialForce using their APIs or by directly manipulating their database, so it gives you a lot of flexibility on how you develop around FinancialForce. It has a nice customer community portal where you can share ideas, log issues etc. Support is great, and if anything does crop up as an issue, they really work hard to get it fixed.

Philip Christ

Good ideas but much development still needed

Reviewed 2018-11-20

the Overall experience is mixed. we Keep using it because a migration would be even more costly. I guess with much more customization it will be great one day. - online Access - great performance even with big data - cross company / multicompany mode

Anonymous

FinancialForce For The Force

Reviewed 2018-11-24

Super supportive staff and very well organized team.The functionality is compatible with so many software/module combinations

Anonymous

Robust financial management system

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Huge improvement over our previous financial system.After the initial setup process (albeit long and tedious), the platform seems to work pretty well. It is well designed and a huge improvement over our previous financial management system and has cut our month-end, year-end, and other periodic closing process times in half.

chris brimble

Over promised software that is incredibly complex to set up

Reviewed 2018-08-15
Review Source: Software Advice

Over complex software supplied by an unhelpful vendor. It is highly configurable and provided it meets your requirements and when it is finally configured and set up it works okay.

Robert Benedict

Fails at basic accounting functions

Reviewed 2016-04-14
Review Source: Software Advice

We have been able to go paperless with our AP and journal entry processes, which provides good efficiency any time a question comes up.

Linda Truong

FFA Review

Reviewed 2018-11-20

I like how you can make it your own. It takes a lot of work to customize it to how you need it to be... I'm still working on this.

John Hindson

Significants improvements to Financial Control for an NGO

Reviewed 2011-12-22

Excellent analysis tools and integration with Excel supports our multiple reporting and wider organisational needs.Excellent Multi-currency. Dimensions Feature allows the level of reporting we need to comply with multi-country/currency/project/phase/donor requirements. Very easy to use and to train others to use. Excellent import/export facility with Excel. Web based allows field and UK staff to work in real time on the same data.

Stephanie Diaz

Ability to do so much

Reviewed 2018-11-27

It has cut down our process time dramatically and we are able to do much more in less time.This software gives you the capability of doing so much and allows you to report on it all

Christina Coat

This has not been a great experience at all for our company.

Reviewed 2017-10-12

You can configure it and have a lot of options. The full suite is good if you do not need any additional requirements.

Jesus Caballero

The best solution for knowing the health of your company.

Reviewed 2017-02-22

Great user interface, great support, great at doing finance and accounting reports that tell the story of your company financial health. I am a very visual person, and since I don't have a background in finance, its great to have beautiful graphics that convey in a much efficient manner the status of the report. Easy to use and amazing graphics.

Michael Bishop

Fully Integrated Solution

Reviewed 2011-12-19

If you are a Salesforce user this is an excellent integrated solution. Sales and finance share the same information. With Financial Force we look at the business financially the same way we look at it operationally.Web based, integrated with Salesforce, easy to set up, easy to configure, easy to maintain, always up to date, great support

Nolan McConnell

FinancialForce Accounting Review

Reviewed 2018-11-20

this software has helped my company significantly in our process to switch over from older software.

D Moore

Great experience!

Reviewed 2018-11-20

Very user friendly! I used the application with ease.

Laura Pyle

Straightforward bookkeeping application

Reviewed 2011-11-09

FinancialForce Accounting is an easy to use accounting engine which is trouble-free to maintain. The main features are the creation of orders and invoices in only one click, the real time reporting business analysis and the 360º view of the customer. The application reduces the billing and ordering resources and improves the cash flow. The cloud accounting system fulfills the requirements of the even most diverse and complex enterprise. Real time reporting of events, 360 degree view of the customer

Hyland Software tushar

So far so good

Reviewed 2017-01-18
Review Source: Software Advice

We are implementing this product and whatever I have seen so far it works wellgood user interface, Intuitive to use

Sundeep Malhi

Visually pleasing accounting software

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-03-18

Generating reports for preparing client's financial statements.Very good at visually representing the financial position of the business, as well as managing accounts, taxes, and payroll.

Mary Dyer

Recommendable!

Reviewed 2011-12-01

We have been doing for the last 5 months our invoices, collections and the month-end-close with this accounting software and we are pretty happy with everything. It is our first cloud accounting solution and I wouldn´t like to go back to our old system. - 360° customer overview - web-based - easy-to-use dashboard - you can set up payment notifications and alerts

Cristina Migles-Schmitt

Great integration with SF sales cloud

Reviewed 2016-10-04

I really like FF mostly because the seamless integration with the Salesforce native sales cloud. I wish my company would have listened to our team need more. We are already using the FF software for resource and project management and would have been nice to include the account as well as the hcm module.

Ayushi Mundra

Recommended cloud accounting system

Reviewed 2017-02-03

I have been doing my month-end close reports and other invoicing with this software. This is a really efficient cloud accounting system and I can easily work on my ledger accounts, account payables, and receivables.

Kirsten Goldbach

Upgrade not easy

Reviewed 2016-10-06

FF is integrate in our Salesforce environment, in general customer service is good, we are just experiencing problems with the upgrade to the latest version at the moment, our platform is highly customized.

jay grast

great products great support incredibly expensive

Reviewed 2016-10-07

At some point you will have to decide if the cost is worth the quality. stuff gets done, but you could easily hire several developers to build similar platforms, or integrate with ohers