All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

FinancialForce Accounting Reviews

Pros

It's really nice product and useful and easy to navigate and report the results. I have recommended for several customers too.

kishore c.

Read the full review
I love that the UI is so intuitive and easy to navigate. Their support team is the best and I love the reports that this software is able to produce.

Lauren A.

Read the full review
Built on a cloud platform this allows me to manage my accounting in a better way. And the most amazing part is it's available everywhere.

Rakesh E.

Read the full review

Cons

Subject to user error, so train employees diligently.

Read the full review
No Country customization. No links to local authorities (VAT, direct tax Returns).

Philip C.

Russell D.

3.9

FinancialForce Accounting Review

Pros

this software has helped my company significantly in our process to switch over from older software.

Cons

This software takes a lot more time to use although it may be worth it.

FinancialForce for small organization of 20 FTE

Pros

My favorite quality of FinancialForce is the seamless integration with Salesforce.com. The platform operates much in the same way as Salesforce, so customizing and reporting were easy and quick to learn. This made the integration process go much smoother and I was able to train my team quickly on using the new financial system. Throughout my history of using FinancialForce, whenever I did encounter...

Cons

We are a small organization of 20 and we do not have a developer in-house. We struggled with the FinancialForce reporting app, as this requires some use of code and developer 'speak'. The standard Salesforce reporting allows for FinancialForce data as well, so we rely on this function more often, but when it comes to the standard P&L structure for our board, we needed a 'pretty' report, and this requires the FinancialForce reporting app. During our implementation we were promised by the implementation partner that they would write the reports for us, however this was never delivered. FinancialForce is working on rectifying the problem for us, but it will require some additional hours and financial resources on our end.

Overall we've had a very positive experience with the SCM Module!

Pros

The SCM Module of FinancialForce is fantastic for organizations looking for a plug in to Salesforce that can be customized but also has a lot of fantastic out of the box features. Our company went from using Quickbooks which provided very little if any controls and reporting to using the SCM product which allows you to use the same functionality for permissions, page layouts and reporting as you get...

Cons

Because SCM is still growing there are a lot of new releases of the product that have great fixes and updates. However, upgrading can be a long process because of the amount of testing you have to do. The more customized your environment is the longer the upgrades can take. We are running about 10 versions behind right now due to this. However, we realize this will level out over time and become much less time consuming as the product matures.

More than I need Human Capital Management Software

I would say if you are a small or medium business and you have no idea what an HR department or IT department looks like, then you need Vana Human Capital Management. If you have employees and you want to increase performance, this solution is complete. HR departments will thank you, you will save time and headaches. This made our performance reviews a dream. The social collaboration is new...

Pros

The user interface is excellent. If you know Salesforce.com CRM then you will inherently know how to use Vana HCM. WOW! No training required. Great future vision product, it has more than I need to manage my team, recruit and track people, leave, benefits, compensation, performance and more. Even better I LOVE the Social Collaboration tool. It keeps my employees working and collaborating...

Cons

There is almost too much to learn. The overwhelm is consuming. I wish I had the ability to configure everything that is delivered. Knowing where to start was a bit daunting, thank goodness they did the first series of configurations to launch the product and provided me with an easy to use Getting Started Guide so my team could calm down and get started 1...2...3 Learning to use the system most effectively was a challenge, but I think we finally got it. It may have been more of a resistance to change, rather than a solution problem. It took a while to adopt it as a company, but we are all on the same page now and it ROCKS! The Social Org Chart was a bit of a challenge to set up, but easy to re-org and fix with a little help and is now AWESOME!

FinancialForce For The Force

Super supportive staff and very well organized team.

Pros

The functionality is compatible with so many software/module combinations

Cons

The implementation process was quite long although I believe that was due to our internal working!

Not the greatest

Pros

If you need an accounting package that integrates with Salesforce, this would be the best option. It does have most features your accounting and finance people need.

Cons

Our financial people constantly complain about the speed, has decreased efficiency as it takes longer to do tasks than previously in Quickbooks. Also, it has periodic slowdowns that has been determined to not be our network, but them. Admittedly this is mostly secondhand from our accounting and finance departments.

Robust financial management system

Huge improvement over our previous financial system.

Pros

After the initial setup process (albeit long and tedious), the platform seems to work pretty well. It is well designed and a huge improvement over our previous financial management system and has cut our month-end, year-end, and other periodic closing process times in half.

Cons

The system consistently slows down after a few days/weeks/months. Sometimes this is due to a FinancialForce upgrade, and sometimes it has been due to bad code written for us by our FF consultant. The process for getting these performance degradation resolved can take weeks, wasting dozens of hours of valuable time.

Visually pleasing accounting software

Generating reports for preparing client's financial statements.

Pros

Very good at visually representing the financial position of the business, as well as managing accounts, taxes, and payroll.

Cons

A lot of customization required which can be a steep learning curve and may not meet the needs of the users.

Recommended cloud accounting system

I have been doing my month-end close reports and other invoicing with this software. This is a really efficient cloud accounting system and I can easily work on my ledger accounts, account payables, and receivables.

Upgrade not easy

FF is integrate in our Salesforce environment, in general customer service is good, we are just experiencing problems with the upgrade to the latest version at the moment, our platform is highly customized.

Cons

One of the best cloud-based accounting applications at the moment

Pros

It's built on the Force.com platform. You can code your processes around FinancialForce using their APIs or by directly manipulating their database, so it gives you a lot of flexibility on how you develop around FinancialForce. It has a nice customer community portal where you can share ideas, log issues etc. Support is great, and if anything does crop up as an issue, they really work hard to get it fixed.

Cons

It was one of the first cloud-based accounting packages, and with that has come some architectural decisions that I think they've realized were a mistake, but with every release, they fix these. Invoices need to be hand-coded in Apex VisualForce; there is no "Invoice creation wizard", but FinancialForce is happy to do this for you. When you create an invoice from an opportunity, FinancialForce assumes...

Good ideas but much development still needed

the Overall experience is mixed. we Keep using it because a migration would be even more costly. I guess with much more customization it will be great one day.

Pros

- online Access - great performance even with big data - cross company / multicompany mode

Cons

- no Country customization - no links to local authorities (VAT, direct tax Returns) - no natural support of multiple GAAPs per Company (e.g. local GAAP, IFRS) - no usually fixed asset Register for financial fixed assets.

Over promised software that is incredibly complex to set up

Over complex software supplied by an unhelpful vendor.

Pros

It is highly configurable and provided it meets your requirements and when it is finally configured and set up it works okay.

Cons

It is incredibly complex and entails significant learning and development time to configure it. High on-going costs for maintaining and evolving the product in line with the business, entailing the support of a significant in-house IT team. Not suitable for SMEs and organisations of less than 100 staff or T/O of over $50m. The sales team from Financial Force understated the complexity of set up and learning time and over promised on suitability and functionality. The support team at FF have proven to be unhelpful and difficult and are only interested in selling more consulting time. Issues in integrating with Microsoft.

Fails at basic accounting functions

Pros

We have been able to go paperless with our AP and journal entry processes, which provides good efficiency any time a question comes up.

Cons

It honestly falls down on the most basic accounting function, however - reporting on the General Ledger. The important thing to realize here is they built this onto the SalesForce architecture. That system considers 'accounts' or customers, the key data object. General ledger accounts, aren't the key object. So that materializes in a lot of ways. The main one: there is literally not a stock screen...

FFA Review

Pros

I like how you can make it your own. It takes a lot of work to customize it to how you need it to be... I'm still working on this.

Cons

All of these list views. Sometimes it's not as intuitive to use compared to other accounting software.

Customer Service Poor

None, we paid to much for to long with the hopes we could make it work. we have recently switched because we couldn't make it work, the customer service team isnt helpful.

Pros

The software is hard to use and dysfunctional, we were sold on the concept of it being integrated with Salesforce and struggled with the intergration every time we used the program. The common theme between salesforce and financial force while integrating and trying to use the platform was that is salesforce's issue you need to talk to them when it was a 95% an issue with financial force.

Cons

Customer service, financial force has a serious lack of empathy towards thier clients. they dont care if you have been with them for 5 years or 6 months they treat you like a number. the software is labour intensive and doesnt work well.

Significants improvements to Financial Control for an NGO

Excellent analysis tools and integration with Excel supports our multiple reporting and wider organisational needs.

Pros

Excellent Multi-currency. Dimensions Feature allows the level of reporting we need to comply with multi-country/currency/project/phase/donor requirements. Very easy to use and to train others to use. Excellent import/export facility with Excel. Web based allows field and UK staff to work in real time on the same data.

Cons

We are an NGO, and our requirements are only for General Ledger, so I cannot comment on the pros and cons of the full system. We also use SalesForce; which is a pre-requisite to gain some of the benefits above.

This has not been a great experience at all for our company.

Pros

You can configure it and have a lot of options. The full suite is good if you do not need any additional requirements.

Cons

You have to be a programmer to work with it. There is a lot of set up time involved in being able to get it to function for you.

Ability to do so much

It has cut down our process time dramatically and we are able to do much more in less time.

Pros

This software gives you the capability of doing so much and allows you to report on it all

Cons

The amount of click through windows can become tedious but overall there are ways to cut that down as well so it's not really a big issue.

The best solution for knowing the health of your company.

Great user interface, great support, great at doing finance and accounting reports that tell the story of your company financial health. I am a very visual person, and since I don't have a background in finance, its great to have beautiful graphics that convey in a much efficient manner the status of the report.

Pros

Easy to use and amazing graphics.

Fully Integrated Solution

If you are a Salesforce user this is an excellent integrated solution. Sales and finance share the same information. With Financial Force we look at the business financially the same way we look at it operationally.

Pros

Web based, integrated with Salesforce, easy to set up, easy to configure, easy to maintain, always up to date, great support

Cons

Product is relatively new so sophistication is developing over time. Reporting is based on standard Salesforce reporting so whilst extremely powerful is non standard for finance- though a product to resolve this is currently in development.

Great experience!

Pros

Very user friendly! I used the application with ease.

Cons

Enhance the mobile experience. I think that enhancing the mobile experience over time will attract more users.

So far so good

We are implementing this product and whatever I have seen so far it works well

Pros

good user interface, Intuitive to use

Cons

Haven't observed anything bad

FF Review

Pros

I love Salesforce, and they have hit the nail on the head yet again with this product. Imagine Salesforce for accounting.

Cons

I have no cons to report. This gets the job done and is easy to use. Subject to user error, so train employees diligently

Recommendable!

We have been doing for the last 5 months our invoices, collections and the month-end-close with this accounting software and we are pretty happy with everything. It is our first cloud accounting solution and I wouldn´t like to go back to our old system.

Pros

- 360° customer overview - web-based - easy-to-use dashboard - you can set up payment notifications and alerts

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.