OnPay

Award-winning payroll and HR that move businesses forward

visit website

OnPay Reviews

Pros

User-friendly, excellent customer support, super easy on a small budget and I am 100% comfortable in leaving everything in their capable hands. Simply click a button on payday and it's done.

Tina S.

As a foreign company moving into the US market I'm glad we chose OnPay. They have been great at making everything smooth from helping us get set up with payroll to benefits for our employees.

Lukasz P.

DAVID P.

Joan P.

Also, there was a problem with payroll being processed twice within two minutes from each other. There should have been a pop up stating you already processed a payroll.

alicia M.

I hate paperwork and don't have a big enough operation to justify hiring a book keeper.

Matthew F.

Good Choice for a Small Business Service Provider

Transcript

Denise L.: Hi, I'm Denise. I'm a small business owner. I do afterschool enrichment for kids. I would...

Great Payroll System

Great tool that is affordable and easy to use!

Pros

What I like most about OnPay is how easy it is to use the tool. I do not have a payroll background and I was able to figure out how to process payroll with getting frustrated. It's very intuitive and easy to use. I also like that chat functionality. They respond instantly and are incredibly knowledgeable/helpful.

Cons

I wish we could integrate it with our HRIS platform so I wouldn't have to switch between 2 different systems to process payroll (401k contributions and approve non-exempt time cards, etc.)

OnPay makes payroll easy

Overall, I'm satisfied with OnPay. I'm still fairly new to the program, so I'm still discovering features and benefits. I'm sure with time, it will become even easier to use.

Pros

OnPay makes is fast and easy to run every payroll. A few clicks and you're done. OnPay took care of all the on-boarding and saved me lots of time.

Cons

The Tax Liability Report doesn't have a total amount for each payroll, so I have to use the Payroll Summary Report to get the tax total, which isn't a big deal anyway. I'd also like to see a screen that indicates what liabilities have been paid and with a confirmation number.

Product is "meh", Customer Support is subpar.

On-boarding was great while in the actual software. A day later I received a support e-mail welcoming me to OnPay and asked me a few questions to understand how I was going to use the product and help me get up and running faster. Nowhere in that e-mail did it state a response was required and if I didn't respond I would forfeit the capability of direct deposit. I have since attempted to get that...

Pros

I was able to get up in running and execute an actual payroll in less than an hour. No two to three week, multi-step jump hooping process like competitors (Wagepoint, for example.)

Cons

The customer support is awful. I send e-mail after e-mail to their customer support addresses and never get a response. When I finally get a hold of someone they say they have no record of getting my e-mails. Yet when I respond to their e-mails they get them just fine. The last time they opened a ticket on their side I asked them to look into why I could not open tickets via e-mail. Absolutely no...

Hi Lowell. We're sorry you haven't gotten the support you need from us. Someone from our team will be reaching out shortly to make sure all your questions are answered. If you need help sooner, we're always here during business hours: 877-328-6505.

New User, happy so far

Excellent.

Pros

The OnPay customer service has been excellent since the first call I had with them. The help transferring our information from a big, clunky payroll platform to getting it to the streamlined & easy to use OnPay platform was seamless. The communication, information, help & kindness shown throughout the process has been a real change from our last experience. The response time is super quick too!

Cons

So far it is not as robust as the last platform so I am missing some features (specifically benefits enrollment). I'm still a new user and am just diving into the reports now.

Super easy and extremely well priced payroll system for everyone

I've searched for the right payroll solution for a long time, and OnPay is unmatched. We used to use Quickbooks when we still employed a bookkeeper, and I moved on because it was both ridiculously overpriced and way too complicated. With OnPay, I can focus on my job (web design), and not worry about the payroll. Plus, as a web designer myself, I really enjoy the fantastic user interface.

Pros

It keeps track of everything I need to run the payroll for my small company. From paycheck calculations, reports, taxes and tax filing to entering new employees and keeping track of vacation time, it's an extremely easy to use system. I'm terrible at paperwork, and OnPay makes it possible to handle this, even for me. It even reminds me to run paychecks on time, and keeps track of holidays. Pricing is also very good.

Cons

Sorry, can't think of anything, it's perfect.

Easy to set up & use

Very easy to set up and customize to our needs. Each step running payroll is clear & concise. Even a new entrepreneur can navigate this site while it offers a great variety to higher-needs companies. I've already referred 2 people to ONPAY. Love it.

Pros

Simplicity and Tax reporting is done for us.

Cons

No cons, very pleased with functionality

OnPay saves me time and money

It literally takes me 2 minutes per week to review and approve payroll. When I opened our account, customer service walked me through the steps and I felt confident enough to get the ball rolling after that.

Pros

This is the first time our nonprofit organization is using payroll management software. Thank goodness for this kind of software. All the important aspects of payroll are included and easy to use.

Cons

I like all aspects of this software program and highly recommend it, especially if you're buying this kind of software for the first time.

Easy, Convenient and Affordable

Pros

The system is super easy to use. Not only for admin but for the employees as well. Set up was easy as well. If We have any questions customer service is easily available.

Cons

have been using it for 3 months and have not found any issue with system so far

HR Department Book Keeper

Program works just right. Any time I have questions they are there to help me.

Pros

Excellent customer service, takes me less time, taxes are paid automatically

Cons

PTO time doesn't show up on employees pay stubs

ONPAY IS COMMITTED IN PROVIDING EXCELLENT PAYROLL SERVICE

They Always had an answer to my concerns as well as assisted us to get to the accomplishment of a task

Pros

There is assistance around every corner to help you navigate through difficulties in using OnPay

Cons

Waiting on the phone at very seldom times while calling for assistance

Used For a Company of Contractors

Over the years we have very much appreciated the way OnPay listens to us and impliments our suggestions and features that work for our company.

Pros

We like being able to add new contractors and allowing an invitation to go out to the employee to log in and finish their own set up by adding their banking information. We like being able to see a payment history made to the employee. We like the ease of making direct deposit to employees.

Cons

We would rather enter contractors as contractors rather than employees which is easier to set up. Right now we have to add the 1099 Misc payment addon.

Great Payroll Software

I have really enjoyed using this software. It is our companies third payroll software vendor and as long as they continue to operate the way they do it will be our last.

Pros

The fact that you can modify employee information, add/subtract new employees, and make changes all while right in the middle of running a payroll. It is also very valuable that they allow you to run as many payroll instances as you need. For instance if you have an employee that forgot to add to their time sheet you can go back and generate another payroll for that one employee with no additional charges.

Cons

Some of the elements of the software are not intuitive and it is very difficult at times to deal with tax related issues through the software. Customer service is usually really helpful and most questions can be answered through chat.

Easy to use and great value

We have had a good experience with OnPay. There are very few issues or errors and, when there are issues, the OnPay team has solved them in an expedient manner. Over the years we have realized significant cost savings due to the ease of use of OnPay. General business or managerial staff can easily run the system instead of paying a service or hiring a payroll professional to manage payroll for larger groups.

Pros

OnPay is easy to use with an intuitive interface. It was a good product for a small company of just a couple people and it has continued to work for us as we approach 20 people. It is also reasonably priced and does not overwhelm users and administrators with too much complexity.

Cons

The thing we like least about OnPay is the way paid time off (PTO) accrual growth is calculated. We grow PTO accrual every year of employment up to 20 years and that requires employees to be moved into new PTO growth categories every three years. We could just choose to do our PTO differently, but we wish OnPay had the PTO growth flexibility to accommodate our preferred methods.

Full function, clear UX, low cost

Overall, it's been very positive. They have what our organization needs at a good price, and are easy to use.

Pros

I chose OnPay because they offered an easy-to-use QSEHRA designation, which our previous provider SurePayroll did not. I am tremendously pleased with OnPay. The page layouts are clear, reasonably intuitive and very easy to set up, and they keep introducing smart upgrades which make tools even easier to find. They also have excellent customer service, by chat, phone, or email.

Cons

It could be clearer to set up PTO/vacation/sick policies. I also don't know why I can't delete double notifications when employees get paid.

Great (probably the best) online payroll service

I really love this online payroll service. After a lot of research of a variety of payroll options, we moved from Paychex to OnPay a couple of years ago and it was absolutely the right move. I can't speak for large companies, but for small and medium sized companies I do believe this is the best, most reliable and most economical service available.

Pros

I run a small business and onpay is perfect for processing our payroll. Some of the features we love: 1) Easy to use interface 2) Employees enter all their own bank information, withholdings, etc. 2) Employees can log in to download their own tax forms, details of previous pay runs, etc. (I don't need to print or distribute these forms or information.) 3) Onpay takes care of all the appropriate taxes,...

Cons

When I am out of the country, I have a hard time running payroll. I know this has to do with internet security, but I wish there was a straight-forward way to accommodate this issue.

Time-saver!

Doing payroll now takes minutes instead of hours! The program pays for itself, not only in time saved, but due to less expense from the accounting firm.

Pros

All I have to do is enter the hours, overtime, and any bonuses- - -all the calculations are done automatically. It is a relief not to have to calculate the withholdings, write the checks, figure out how much to pay the state and federal government, then pay it. As our staff grew, I didn't have time to spend on payroll, then had to pay my accountant to double-check everything. OnPay takes care of everything! I am not very computer-savvy, so it was nice to be able to get assistance from their friendly service people. Now I can figure out most things on my own!

Cons

Sometimes new employees miss the part about setting up direct payment into their accounts. It must not be obvious, because about 1 out of 3 will miss it. Getting set up was fairly easy. They took the information from my old system (which was mostly "by hand" and converted it easily. When I didn't understand something, their customer service was able to talk me through it.

OnPay Review

This is a great service. It has helped reduce our payroll costs by a ton, and is way easier to use than other systems. The reporting is great too. I love this service. i wouldn't use anything else.

Pros

Very easy to use and I love that it is NOT Expensive.

Cons

Voiding Checks/Direct Deposits is a pain. Also, I wish each employee had a default that it would change back to for each payroll run. For example, I might pay someone a bonus one week, I don't need that bonus to be paid next week, however it shows up again and I have to remember to remove it. Same with any deductions, so If I need to deduct and advance one week, I don't need it to be deducted again. Anyway, does that make sense? I also wish I could make 2 or 3 checks for one person on the same payroll run, instead of doing multiple payroll runs. I feel a few changes in these areas would make it so much better than it already is.

Wish all software was this easy

Onpay has streamlined the payroll process for me. I run my clients payroll in a fraction of the time and for a fraction of the cost.

Pros

The ease of setup, integration, and running payroll. They have simplified the process. Also the price is a fraction of other payroll companies.

Cons

There are a few features i would like to see added, such as automatic payroll.

Great Product, Great Support!

Direct Deposit for our employees is fantastic (I do not give anyone options, ever), the reporting and paying of the taxes is huge. And if I mess up, OnPay is there for me!

Pros

The interface is simple, and the updates that occur have never caused any problems, but have added functionality that was missing in the very beginning (for example, scheduling a pay rate change). I also like the ability to import into QuickBooks. I like that On Pay pays the taxes for us! Prior to moving to OnPay, I was constantly getting adjustments on on payroll taxes from the state of the feds - that never happens anymore. Support staff is amazing. The reports are good and getting better.

Cons

The reports are getting better - and recently new options have been added, so that is great. I

Great software and support!

My overall experience with Onpay has been wonderful. I sought a payroll software with flexible options for integrating with QBO, and by far, Onpay has the best integration options. It does take some figuring out at first, but it's mostly intuitive, which I like, and if I ever had an issue, Onpay support has been quick to respond and comes through every single time.

Pros

What I like the most about Onpay, is it is affordable and allows me the most flexibility of all other payroll software I have used or researched. Also, the support has been fantastic!

Cons

Really just a few little things... not being able to get invoices on my own through the accountant dashboard, and how sending an invitation to an employee requires me to tell them they can't do this on mobile, only on a browser.

Payroll Is Now A Breeze

OnPay has made doing payroll enjoyable. They are quick to answer questions or concerns. They do the filings for multiple states for the same price. They will even do the year end reports like W-2s and W-3s. The ease of use is exceptional.

Pros

What I like the most is the employee portal option, as well as the ease of pulling payroll tax reports. It's very easy to make changes as needed to employees profiles.

Cons

What I like least is the function to pay Paid time off, or any other benefit, it's not as intuitive to use it. It took me a little while to figure it out.

You should be using this payroll service!

I have an employee with two local city withholdings and a school district withholding that I thought I was going to have to manually withhold for---turns out that a few minutes with online chat support is all it took to get Onpay to handle it.

Pros

Easy to Use Great Support Inexpensive Handles multiple local withholdings easily Saves me a lot of time dealing with multiple tax filings

Cons

I didn't like that there might be multiple w-2 forms for one person in some cases, but honestly it wasn't a big deal to just add them together for tax prep.

Great Payroll Company

OnPay has been so helpful throughout the time that we've been a customer. They've gone above and beyond to support us when we make a mistake and need instant support. The software is easy to use and very intuitive. We appreciate the partnership and look forward to growing together.

Pros

OnPay is so easy to use, easy to learn, and easy to implement. it makes quick work of payroll.

Cons

I would love to see them add an option to upload an excel payroll file instead of hand entry.

Easy to Implement and Train

The customer service is amazing when you have an issue.

Pros

We recommend this software to our clients because of the ease of use, and inexpensive cost. The QBO integration saves hours of manual data entry.

Cons

The PTO accruals were not really straight forward

My overall experience is good. The cost and customer support team make it a no brainer.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ease ofnavigation. Being able toggle between areas is helpful to verifying information. But I feel that this companies best feature is their customer support department. Every time I have had to call, their representatives are always polite and can fix any of my problems.

Cons

I sometimes have issues with the pair time off or vacation algorithms. This is the feature that as given me more phone time w/ customer support.