ICANotes Reviews - Page 3

Biller's point of view

Pros

How it is color coded to help things stand out for billing and missing data

Cons

That we have to populate everything in the begging ourselves. Some other billing programs pre-populates all details other than patient data for you. Such as codes, payer ID's, payers..etc.

Great Support!

ICANotes has been wonderful with their support and training team. Anytime we cannot remember how to do something or get stuck, we call and our questions are answered immediately. I love that when a new employee comes onto the staff, that ICANotes trains them.

Pros

It has all the features we have been looking at for all levels of care.

Cons

How you have to inactivate and activate their chart when they go back and forth from levels of care.

New User Very Satisfied

After using other software for several years I switched to ICANotes and have been very satisfied. I spent several months researching options and tried quite a few programs. In only a few months I have reduced time spent on notes and have more time to spend with clients. I would highly recommend the program.

Pros

Ease of Use Great customer service even late at night when learning to use the program. Specialized help to create billing profiles for different insurance companies. Shortens the time I spend working on notes. Mobility-information can be accessed from my IPhone if I need information and am not at the office.

Cons

None I can think of, it has been a great program so far!

great program to use and it is easy

The customer representatives and technicians are very helpful and knowledgeable. It is easy to navigate and works better than the other program I use!

Pros

It is easy to navigate and get back to main screen from anywhere in the program

Cons

Changing documents and diagnosis are a little clustered and it not very user-friendly if one is new to this type of program

Orientation limitation

Get some psychologist or other therapist to expand the text options for other types of treatment.

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility of the program for taking my text and formatting it professionally for letters and notes. I like how I can use menu options and easily change them to reflect my own ideas. Technical support is immediately available, but answers are short and there is little opportunity to get a more in-depth orientation. I took the test drive and found it to be helpful, but this hasn't been an advertised offering for current users, and I think it should be.

Cons

The options for therapy interventions and treatment planning are old fashioned and problem focused. More advanced therapeutic practices are solution focused and strength focused. There are also very few options for reflecting relationship based problems and solutions- the orientation is almost entirely intra-psychic instead of interpersonal.

User Friendly Mental Health EMR

It not only gets the job done it has enhanced my practice. Wouldn't trade it!

Pros

I've been using ICANotes for almost 5 years. I have a (mostly) solo LTC and ALF practice. I am able to work on site or do progress notes later in my office. ICANotes creates a narrative note that is readable and thorough. I get lots of compliments on my documentation and I feel more confident in my coding. Customer service is excellent. It is easily searchable.

Cons

Needs an internet/wifi connection which can be ify in rural areas.

Just what I was looking for

I would definitely recommend this software.

Pros

I have been searching for a behavioral health EMR system for over a year. Once I came across ICANotes, I couldn't believe how easy it was to use. I am now spending less time on progress notes and intake assessments which allows me more time to spend seeing clients. I would definitely recommend ICANotes to any clinician looking to go paperless.

Cons

I would like to have the ability to send appointment reminders via email, text messaging, and voicemail.

PSC 4 ICAnotes

I have reviewed this system for 1 year prior to purchasing. The ease and functionality of the electronic health system is helpful for new employees. Also, the availability to create customized areas that are suited to your company's needs is superb! Last but not least, the customer service is amazing! I can make one call and do not have to be on hold for several minutes and you can also live chat for better assistance. When or if you send an email to a developer or ICAnotes staff, the response time is immediate!

Wonderful customer service

All your notes are able to be reviewed by all the staff that needs to review them.

Pros

You login and go straight to work. Its easy to navigate.

Cons

It continuesly signs out if your connection is lost.

As Admin. Director, I entered all referrals into ICan.

Pros

It is very easy to enter a new client, get a Client ID. It is great for looking up documents, etc.

Cons

The calendar is awful. It has to load twice and is very slow. Appointments are made then disappear. This happens too frequently and clients arrive, but someone else has taken their time slot. It is difficult to explain to someone how this happens.

ICANotes review

It easier for the Therapist when their nothing

Pros

Easy to understand and some are just clicking on buttons

Cons

I haven't found any questionable items yet

Easy work flow

Pros

Using ICANotes is very easy to navigate. Mistakes are easily corrected and functional steps are very easy to follow. The support team are very patient and knowledgeable about the software. The trainers are very good. My training experience with our rep has been so helpful and supportive. I will recommend ICANote any time.

Cons

It has been extremely frustrating to use this product.

Pros

I can't say I like anything best about the product, it would meet our needs if they could increase the speed of the program and make the Schedule portion usable.

Cons

The schedule is non-functioning, useless. The support team is available but not knowledgeable about their product and problems that arise from it.

ICANotes over sells it's product and does not deliver

Pros

Know that my best choice was to throw in the towel and cut the losses.

Cons

After 8 months of endless problems and little support from technicians, we discontinued using the software. The extra expense of paying for mistakes made by a poorly conceived and slow-running program, for which the technicians and management would not and/or would not remedy, is unfortunate. The vendor refused to compensate for lost revenue due to poor programming.

Numerous, frequent glitches and freezes that slow you down

Pros

Comprehensive documentation capabilities that is specific to psychiatry

Cons

Numerous, frequent glitches and freezes that slow you down and impact your productivity negatively.

ICANotes is awesome!

Pros

Customer support and how robust the program is.

Cons

Large learning curve and patient portal could be better.

Receptionist

It's very convenient for start up companies and small businesses. The tech customer service is always helpful.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes it takes to long to load.

Best investment I made for my practice

I highly recommend this product.

Pros

ICANotes has been very easy to learn for both the administrative and the professional staff. Transition to ICANotes was easy. Support staff are very helpful and always available. ICAN Notes is affordable and has been a good investment for my practice.

Cons

Have not experienced any problems with ICANotes.

Great System

ICANotes is a great system and it's user-friendly. Although it's set up for mental health and not for an autism clinic, occasionally this I've found it easy to add functions. occasionally this is a great system. The support team is amazing I chat with them online and they've resolved any issues I've come across.

"Best Progress Notes"

We had our re-certification evaluation by the state. The agent said they are the "best progress notes he has ever seen". We told him we credit ICANotes. He said to give some credits to ourselves. The program is very user friendly for the therapists. Our office manager has had some difficulties with billing but the company was supportive of her inquiries and assisted her with the glitches.

Cons

ICAN IS OUTDATED AND SLOW.

Pros

ICAN IS EASY TO LEARN AND NAVIGATE THROUGH. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GREAT AND TRY TO SOLVE ISSUES QUICKLY.

Cons

IT IS VERY SLOW, THE CALENDAR IS AWFUL AND WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL ISSUES WITH INFORMATION NOT BEING SAVED.

Too Simple

Pros

System is fine for if you need a basic EHR for little cost. The name says it all - EHR has "canned" responses so user never has to manually develop their own content.

Cons

Not ideal for individualized care. Program is very basic and therefore not recommended for intensive programs, or programs that require specific clinical information.

ICAnotes is a great service

Five stars. Definitely the program for mental health professionals.

Pros

Cost Ease of use Web based Tablet accessible Outstanding and responsive support staff Developed by psychiatrists for psychiatrists.

Cons

Notes are not 100% intuitive, but maybe 98%. Steep learning curve, but thereafter, it's a breeze.

ICANotes

Overal is a good product, works well and serves it purpose. However, users complains about frequent outages or screen freezing

Pros

Has good functionality and caters specifically for behavioral health

Cons

Outages and scheduling application is very lacking.

ICANotes review

Yes, I would recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use. Legible records and progress notes. Can access anywhere with internet access. Support team is awesome. Kudos to Courtney.

Cons

Statements and patient accounts are not as easy to use or patient friendly as other account management systems.