Qualifacts Insync Logo

Qualifacts Insync

Cloud-based EHR and practice management software.

Qualifacts Insync Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.72/10

Reviews by rating

InSync is quality software that has many exciting functions; the support with our transition has been excellent and we have been able to customize the system to meet most of our needs.
So far it has been wonderful. The customer service has been amazing, all questions answered, and everyone I have spoken to is kind and knowledgeable.
Because there are multiple ways to get to different sections, it can feel overwhelming at times. Also, I hate that they don't have a "back" button to just get to the previous screen.
I do not believe that it is a bad system I do wish it was faster but it just maybe me.
This has been especially tough in a small shop where the data validation has been frequently an area that had room for errors in output and aggregation of data.

KC

Kyle C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Great software, needs some minor improvements

The software just works. There are very few glitches and overall it is clearly engineered to be fast to use. The EHR part for providers and nurses/assistants is fantastic and much quicker than anything I've used outpatient before.

Pros

PM/billing integration is nearly seamless. Superbill items carry over to claims very easily. This will reduce the workload of our biller once we have fine tuned the system to our needs.

Cons

The front desk/check in process could use some refinement to make the process faster, and suggestions to do so have been submitted as "enhancement requests." It appears that they do add the enhancements over time.

SV

Sumeeta V.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

The best customer service around

The best part about InSync is the customer service. I’ve been utilizing this software for over 5 years and while the product could be more efficient, the assistance from your support staff is unparalleled. I’ve been working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for a little over three months and he has been wonderful. I signed a new client and he helped me get the account set up excising patience and acting as a guiding voice. I never once was worried about anything because I know [SENSITIVE CONTENT] would be able to answer any questions I had. He handled my MANY inquiries with grace and patience. His due diligence made this process painless.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and simple to understand but what keeps me coming back and signing new clients on is the impeccable customer service.

Cons

Eligibility through practice insight and some other reporting features could be improved. Insurance eligibility especially is currently very tedious to verify. The reporting features can be improved as well. For manual entry of claims a tab over field for ICD-10 would be helpful. Clicking to Proceed is a waste of time. That’s the feature that makes me want to consider a different software. I’ve asked customer service many times if anything can be done but they said nothing can be changed about that.

JL

Justin L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Buyer beware!

Started out great, sales pitch was obviously exciting. Once we started communicating challenges, the walls went up. They didn't try to compromise at all.

Pros

There's really nothing all that exciting about this software. The only positive is that it's highly customizable, but there's many others that are. This company's biggest claim is that they "sell" you a software license. So once you pay it off, there price goes down.

Cons

They "sell" you a software license that you can never return. If you drop $50k like we did and the program ends up not working, they WILL NOT return your money. After trying to work with their [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to get our money back, we were told too bad, the deal is done. As a small PT company try to survive, that was a difficult experience.

JW

Jessica W.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

A business that prioritizes integrity.

I had the opportunity to speak with a very personable sales representative who's motive was to inform not to say anything and everything necessary to close the sale. The software itself has all of the functionality needed, and ultimately is the platform that I have been desperately searching for! After I decided to move forward with this product, I then was setup with an implementation specialist...

Pros

Overall functionality options, workflows personable and customizable by position not just at a company level, logical admin settings and oversight options, focus on specific operational procedures.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet, but I will circle back around to this when I do.

KM

Karl M.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

INSYNC Implementation for Behavioral Health Practice.

The people at INSYNC make a huge difference. The support has been great, they are based in the USA and always responsive. Our Implementation specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been amazing and has continued to provide top notch support when needed. He did a great job getting the foundations of our system set so transitioning was smooth. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] were helpful getting the billing side of things set up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did a great job during launch week. We are now implementing their RCM services to further enhance our financials.

Pros

We outgrew our prior EHR that was missing Prescriber Tools, more powerful scheduling tools and lacked powerful reporting. INSYNC has all of these items and it was exactly what we were looking for to keep our growing practice running smoothly.

Cons

The software can be very complex when setting up configurations or having to make changes. One change can impact several others. However, this is necessary to have the level of customization and tools it offers. The other aspect that was not as good as our last EHR was the aesthetics of the software. It looks dated compared to newer systems but that is not too important.

MJ

Madeline J.

Pros and Cons

Overall, I would say the experience is net positive. I would note that the eligibility/benefits checks are only accurate about 50% of the time which is a hassle, but I don't know how it compares to other softwares that offer this feature. Partly chose it because we wanted to make a custom history section that could be sent to the patient before the intake and have them fill it out and autopopulate...

Pros

+ Financial reports extensive (I can't emphasize enough how helpful this is) + Easy to communicate between clinicians + HIPAA Zoom integration + Practice Management generally seems to work well/fewer glitches on that side compared to the EMR, just a few flaws like how the balance shows up in the patient portal can be confusing for patients + Works well for group practice workflow + Has all the necessary add ons in one system (and more!) - this is great! + Customer service very responsive about 2/3rds of the time, available by phone and email + After the first 6 months or so, almost all the glitches are ironed out + It is very customizable in every way (forms, note templates, appt reminders, calendar format, html name, really everything about it) + PDMP integration is awesome

Cons

- No Google Cal integration (DrChrono offered this) - Patient Portal can be glitchy - Deployment does not go smoothly at all - Appointment reminders are per-text/per-email and thus very expensive compared to other programs - All the add-ons end up cost a lot per month (claim submission, HIPAA Zoom, etc, even though we own the license we still pay quite a bit per month per provider/higher than what...

IR

Immanuel R.

Well Designed EMR Solution

Great experience overall (except for sales process) After the sales process all of people we worked with were professional and helpful. Jenn really helped us to mold the software to our specific needs and workflows, really a great experience.

Pros

InSync is a well thought out and designed EMR product. The interface is intuitive and designed to streamline workflows. The things used daily are easily customized per user to make each persons workflow even easier. The implementation and support teams are excellent, really able to help you and guide you through the product with any questions you may have.

Cons

Software is sometimes slow to respond. The sales process could have been better, more clear on our expenses.

JA

Jacqueline A.

RCM Services

Pros

This software has definitely improved our workflow processes and has exceeded our expectations regarding the easiness and accuracy of implementation from our previous reports. The product itself is user-friendly but what is most valuable to us is the constant overview and assistance provided by our account manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. We are extremely satisfied with her and her team’s support.

Cons

There are constant changes being made to the software program, which can create a learning curve at times, but we understand and are confident these ongoing changes are only implemented to better the products and we all benefit from these changes.

TF

Tina F.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Implementation Team is Amazing!

The entire team is flawless and go above and beyond to help us with every single question we ask, and we ask a ton of questions. They never make us feel like we are bothering them with the same question, as a matter of fact, I feel like we are they only client, when I know that’s just not the case.

Pros

The customer support you receive from the time of the sale to launch and even after is excellent. They hold your hand through the entire process making a very stressful situation manageable, including training our 65 providers.

Cons

Seems like a few things have more steps than should be necessary to complete on the PM side.

JO

Jacqueline O.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Insync; RCM and overall experience.

Overall, InSync is user friendly and has various features that will be beneficial to our practice. The implementation process itself has been great mostly because of the individuals that have been working diligently to ensure our success. I would like to acknowledge [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with the RCM team. From the very first moment I met [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], I knew that we were in...

Pros

The dashboard, shortcuts and reporting are some of our best features in InSync. We also like that the system is customizable and we have been able to enhance some of our documentation. The implementation team has great to work with and has been easily accessible for questions unlike our previous provider.

Cons

The calendar feature in InSync is our least favorite function. We also hope that one day InSync will have it's own app so that therapists can easily access their clients for the day.

EW

Elizabeth W.

Worst EHR I have ever used

Worst, most time consuming and ineffective EHR I have worked with. And I have worked with many including in hospitals, private organizations and for the government. I would gladly go bad to any previous EHR just to avoid working any longer with InSync. This does NOT function well for the providers at our clinic using it. It has been a frequent and regular source of complaint

Pros

In theory the idea that it is customizable was appealing. I can't call that a pro because it does not function effectively. I can honestly say that after working with it for more than a year there isn't a single thing I like about this EHR. I hate it. I don't have an option to change as I am part of a group practice that purchased it but all providers there reflect regularly on how displeased we are with InSync

Cons

Constant bugs and problems. It does not appear that it is even checked for basic bugs after changes or updates. There are too many problems to list but something as simple as scheduling is so convoluted and problematic. It seems clear that the coders making the changes have no idea what it is like to use an EHR as a mental health professional, what is needed etc. A year later we are still having problems regularly. It is so incredibly time consuming just communicating with support staff about problems with InSynch - I never try to customize or improve anything because I can't rely on it to work and I can't even take time to think about what would be idea because so much time is spent asking about basic functions that aren't working or surprise problems

wW

wendy W.

Integrative Health Consultants

I was happy for the most part that we were still able to manage in the middle of a pandemic and execute everything as best as we could. That being said, I was very disappointed with the fact that we were not able to have a smooth transition with the medical record data migration. The entire implementation team knew we were coming from "Therapy Notes" product. Yet you had no "work around" for a...

Pros

I loved that most everything is customizable per the user. Anything that we needed as an organization could also be accommodated or was something we were told we could see in the future.

Cons

From my perspective (not very tech savvy) I was confident I could learn how to use the system pretty easily. However, It's quite a maze trying to learn where to go to get started when you need to configure something diferently. It's like we need to assume what we are supposed to search for in the search bar. It seems some things save or revert to a default status or populated for me. When we upload documents to the doc manager, the clinician is auto populated from the prior time it was used. It has also done this in other places within the system. It should clear once we save the doc. etc.

JS

June S.

InSync Healthcare Solutions Review

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was an awesome person to work with throughout the process. He was always willing to answer the many questions that I had while developing this software for our company. He provided input in order to simplify many of the notes which were being developed. I can not say enough positive things about [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. I feel that [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was always available to answer my questions even if we just had a meeting. He was always willing to have other meetings with just myself if needed to ensure that I was understanding everything which was going on through the implementation process.

Pros

1. The ability to run individual reports on every staff member, 2. The way it alerts the supervisors which notes they are personally responsible to sign off on. 3, The way the software is developed allows the agency to remain in complaint on all standards.

Cons

1. The inability to personalize each tab given the individual notes. 2. The number of tabs it takes to complete each note. 3. The insurance verification doesn't always match what is listed in MITS. 4. The length of time it takes for the members who have been now assigned to us to get back with me regarding questions.

AM

Anna M.

REview

claims from insurance companies are being paid faster and we are able to utilize the functions to verify insurance catching potential problems early.

Pros

Integration and implentation was never going to be easy, but we were assigned a terrible implemntation specialist, Ricky. Once we changed to Ross, it was better. We have been very pleased with his support and it made our experience much better.

Cons

As a more complex practice with many layers of services, the coding does not meet our needs. Even with the help of many team members, our invoices are still incorrect and our payers are not pleased with the changes. Mostly, we need a way to track the invoices with a number specific to that service.

PS

Patricia S.

Great software

Sales and training staff have been very professional and helpful. Our trainer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was very professional, congenial, and always very patient with our questions. He is a real asset to InSync and always willing to answer questions, often after hours.

Pros

The software is easy to use and learn. It's very versatile and has more features than others we have used that make our work easier and more efficient. The software is integrated with the billing portion which saves us time. Errors are fixable before sending to billing.

Cons

We are very new to using the software and so far I can't see any problems or issues that I would change. After using it for a while, there may be some suggestions but the program is so complete that simple customizations make everything fit our needs so far.

AA

Ariel A.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

New to Insync

Implementation Specialists are very helpful, on-site trainer was superb, he was very knowledgeable about the system and able to fix issues, input information and customize how we use the service on the spot in most cases

Pros

The ability to customize our workflow and complete a lot of reporting that we use to do manually, and allow our patient communication to have an electronic component.

Cons

We are unable to utilize the eligibility features, some needed workflow processes are not yet available in the system

KW

Kelsey W.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Amazing Product and Support

Our experience has been great. The support we received from the implementation team has been amazing. Our issues were addressed usually within 1 business day and there were very few things that we wanted that the system could not do. Our team was very engaging with us and extremely patient, even as we continue with last minute changes.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, even for people who struggle with technology. We also have several different programs within our agency, and this software was adaptable to all programs and we have been able to make it work for all users. The software is extremely adaptable and changes can easily be made.

Cons

The medication module can be confusing and it does take some time to practice with it to get the flow figured out.

JD

James D.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Overall a good EHR

Pros

The customization both with only paying for services used as well as how much the actual EHR can be changed in terms of how a note looks, bringing previous notes to compare plus keep some information if the same.

Cons

I mentioned above about the prescription platform. This is bad enough that I could consider changing EMR once main contract is done. The other issue is lag. There are times it take several minutes to be able to open a page.

BH

Brian H.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

InSync Implementation Review

We were looking for a system to fit our unique specialty practice. InSync has provided a solution to a number of problems we were experiencing with our previous EMR, EPIC.

Pros

The ease of use of this system and the great implementation has made our transition as seamless as it could be. Our implementation specialist and training team were knowledgeable and made the system work for us.

Cons

Autoscoring excel documents and transitioning the scores to the care plan. Though the team has worked with us on creative solutions and submitted enhancement requests.

CS

Charrie S.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

InSync for PPEC use

Overall I feel that InSync is an excellent EMR system. Our implementation team, with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] as our main contact, were extremely professional and resourceful. Being a PPEC facility was not an easy task for the implementation team as we have different requirements than what the EMR system was typically used for; however, they seemed ready for the challenge. Without [SENSITIVE CONTENT] helping...

Pros

The best features of the program are definitely the To-Dos and internal messaging. As a facility with various departments utilizing the system, it makes communication and team work so much easier. We also love the aesthetics of the program. Viewing important patient information on one page (Facesheet) makes documenting easier. As a super user, I love being able to create/edit my own forms to make the program more applicable to our needs.

Cons

Though the implementation team, specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT], worked tirelessly to tweak the EMR system to meet our needs, there are plenty of features that are needed to maneuver the system more effortlessly for a PPEC facility. The care plan section under treatment plan will be a future issue for the therapy department. Our patients can be enrolled in therapy up until 21 years of age and treatment...

CA

Collin A.

Insync implementation review

Very positive, [sensitive content hidden] the Implementation Specialist was very helpful, knowledgeable about everything we needed, and was always very friendly throughout. [sensitive content hidden] who did our billing implementation was also very helpful and patient with me as I am not as knowledgeable about billing. Overall, a very positive experience in implementation.

Pros

Insync has the most features, and is very customizable to how you want it to be used, based on workflow and they types of services that are specific to an agency.

Cons

Specific to our industry- we will probably be needing what is being called EVV (Electronic Visit Verification). This is becoming popular for companies that provide community-based services in the home. EVV is a GPS verification system that provides proof to insurance companies that a visit was performed. The best way to use EVV, is to have it tied to your EMR system, so there aren't multiple systems being used. It would be nice if Insync could develop something that would accommodate this, as EVV becomes a requirement for us, and probably many other services.

JT

Jessica T.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Insync goes above and beyond

Every ticket that I place for customer support to help with they reach out to the practice right away. As of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] we made the switch to add our billing with Insync. Insync and our new RCM [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped make the transition as smooth as possible. We worked together as a team to make all the necessary changes to help the practice and Insync work together.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Insync always tries to help accommodate our practices needs.

Cons

Sometimes I do feel it difficult to do certain tasks. Things were not completely set up for the practice in the very beginning.

TC

Terice C.

InSync Experience

We have been an InSync user for over 12-14 years. I have promoted this company to other providers because I feel it delivers a very good product. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been outstanding in helping us set up [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. He made corrections easily and quickly. He is a true asset to the company.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate. The staff is comfortable with it as are physicians.

Cons

Being a long-time user - we tend to not get a staff member to assist with new possibilities and ways to better utilize the software.

Amy R.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Rough start but getting there

The implementation process was very rough for us as we changed specialists several times and when we went live we were nowhere ready to go live. The oversight of that process was lacking - someone at InSync should have looked at our setup and realized we were not ready. This caused a very difficult and drawn out process after going live. The implementation specialist we got after go live who did stay...

Pros

The flexibility and customization are the best features of InSync. So many other systems are very rigid and not able to be very personalized.

Cons

Some areas there are way more clicks than is necessary, or the area you are in has several options but the one that is automatically open when going there is not the one used most often - so more clicks.

XM

Xristopher M.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

There are better products, with better response times

It has been a headache since the merger. More steps to make things take longer. Less responsive on their communication and less customer oriented.

Pros

I used to love InSync until Qualifacts gobbled them up, now their support, communication and product is hopeless. You submit a ticket and it gets lost in an abyss with one person pointing the finger at the other.

Cons

Their lack of communication, their response times, their support. You are better off saving your time and energy and use an open sourced software that you can customize.