InSync Healthcare Solutions Reviews

User ratings

4.6

• Likelihood to recommend8.83/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The implementation process itself has been great mostly because of the individuals that have been working diligently to ensure our success.
InSync is quality software that has many exciting functions; the support with our transition has been excellent and we have been able to customize the system to meet most of our needs.
So far it has been wonderful. The customer service has been amazing, all questions answered, and everyone I have spoken to is kind and knowledgeable.
Because there are multiple ways to get to different sections, it can feel overwhelming at times. Also, I hate that they don't have a "back" button to just get to the previous screen.
I do not believe that it is a bad system I do wish it was faster but it just maybe me.
This has been especially tough in a small shop where the data validation has been frequently an area that had room for errors in output and aggregation of data.

InSync Healthcare Solutions users...

Valant EHR Suite-logocaret

SimplePractice

Practice Mate-logocaret
+ 1

Practice Mate

How would you rate InSync Healthcare Solutions?

MB Therapy, Inc. Review (by PCC)

Our overall experience has been pretty good. Our only issue was that our implementation specialist that we had worked with for weeks was changed (with only a 2-3 day notice) two weeks before implementation. We spent most of our implementation training still trying to get our program built out and honestly feel as if we should have had another 6-8 weeks of weekly calls with our new implementation specialist to get all of the kinks worked out.

Pros

I personally really appreciate that everything we need to run the clinic is all housed within one web-based program.

Cons

It's slow at times and I feel like the scheduler is a little less user-friendly than I would like. I also don't like that there aren't buttons for everything--to find certain things you have to remember what to search in the search bar. It's like hide and seek.

InSync Healthcare Review

Pros

We like the versatility of the software and how it is multi-functional and able to address many of the needs of our practice from billing, scheduling, documentation, to auditing (just to name a few). The set-up team was great to work with and our implementation specialist really took the time to understand our program and make sure our needs were met.

Cons

There is a learning curve with the number of functions the software is able to perform, and it can be difficult to navigate initially but with a good implementation team this was easily overcome. New users need to be committed to implementing the software and taking the time to learn how to use it. There have not really been any cons to date.

Buyer beware!

Started out great, sales pitch was obviously exciting. Once we started communicating challenges, the walls went up. They didn't try to compromise at all.

Pros

There's really nothing all that exciting about this software. The only positive is that it's highly customizable, but there's many others that are. This company's biggest claim is that they "sell" you a software license. So once you pay it off, there price goes down.

Cons

They "sell" you a software license that you can never return. If you drop $50k like we did and the program ends up not working, they WILL NOT return your money. After trying to work with their [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to get our money back, we were told too bad, the deal is done. As a small PT company try to survive, that was a difficult experience.

One stop shop EMR

Our implementation guys, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]and [SENSITIVE CONTENT]were great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]our trainer was absolutely incredible and support calls have been so good. They are really responsive. The appointment reminders contact was not a good experience, hard to get a meeting to get those fixed. Also the EDI contact was not helpful in resolving our enrollment issues. We made it through mostly on our own, but that was a very frustrating process compared to our old system.

Pros

All features in one system. Faxing, e-prescribing, PMP, billing, scheduling, ect. all in one. The ability to edit and create what we need. I love the ease of sending and receiving forms to patients, I love the fax integrated and able to save and upload so easily. I LOVE the to do option to coordinate between staff for medication issues and testing referrals. The med team is a big fan of the PMP...

Cons

Billing not being current without the encounter closed. That is a huge issue with having a current bill at check in as we need to be able to more easily have a current charge at check in that includes that days encounter. Compatibility with IPads are such that makes them not a good match and that has been disappointing. We had some providers who bought one planning to use that and found you cannot...

Powerful product that is tailored to specific practice needs,

The implementation team was responsive to our needs and preferences. We appreciated the weekly meetings in which we learned about various features that could be implemented into our system.

Pros

1) Tailored to our specific use, 2) excellent features to support claims processing and billing, 3) customized scheduler features.

Cons

The product tends to be a little slower than other systems.

This application has the potential to be great with a massive overhaul

Overall, I believe this application has the potential to be really good though it needs a rather substantial overhaul to be fully brought into the 21st century. For an application that hasn’t been around a decade, some of the features are quite dated and there is zero transparency on suggestions for application modifications and seemingly zero quality control. I firmly believe that many of this platforms limitations is the result of skill (or lack thereof) of the developers as many much older EMRs have the basic functions that InSynch lacks.

Pros

You can add your own forms and documents. (Although said custom document seem to exist pretty much as stand alone documents. There is no way to inject otherwise populate data already within InSynch into said forms thereby requiring lots of manual typing of duplicative data).

Cons

This application has NO test environment. This means when you Go Live and as you continually onboard new staff, you will be playing around in your live system. This matters because there is no way to delete anything in this platform, not even as an administrator. The application is exceptionally slow. There is no global autosave feature which means that there is a huge possibility of loosing data....

Great EMR

We made the decision to switch to inSync less than 8 months after going live with another new PM/EMR system because our experience with that other software was so horrible. Two major EMR transitions within the course of a year was a big undertaking but the entire process, from the first demo call to our final implementation call has been basically painless. The satisfaction of our clinicians and clients has improved significantly and while we are still learning things within the software, we are extremely satisfied with the switch. Our implementation specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT], was by-in-large the most critical component in our satisfaction as she was incredibly responsive, helpful, knowledgable, and capable of assisting us in problem solving.

Pros

Integration of telemedicine and assessment administration have been great additions to our practice and clinician workflow. The software is intuitive enough that most of our clinicians have picked it up with relative ease and appreciate the convenience of it not being overly cumbersome compared to our previous EMR.

Cons

There are some limitations with third-party integration (specifically appointment reminders, billing, and faxing) that we would like to see enhanced.

Great experience thus far!

Pros

The product provides many options and features that we love. It seems functional and will match the needs of our practice. It appears it will also be a time saver once staff is fully trained. Our practice had a great experience with our Implementation Specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] went above and beyond to help us. She was always available for feedback and questions. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] took her time to explain processes to us and to help our workflow become faster and smarter. She was a great resource to have and she made this whole transition smoother than expected. She provided us with such helpful information and tips. We would have been lost without her!

Cons

Due to the many features and options within InSync, there is a learning curve and practice needed to get used to the system and how to use its features to your advantage.

not sure what you're asking

Pros

It's user friendly and has aesthetic appeal

Cons

I would appreciate more automaticity for workflows

New User

Excellent

Pros

The customer Service is excellent and great features

Cons

I need more time because I am still learning the system

InSync for PPEC use

Overall I feel that InSync is an excellent EMR system. Our implementation team, with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] as our main contact, were extremely professional and resourceful. Being a PPEC facility was not an easy task for the implementation team as we have different requirements than what the EMR system was typically used for; however, they seemed ready for the challenge. Without [SENSITIVE CONTENT] helping...

Pros

The best features of the program are definitely the To-Dos and internal messaging. As a facility with various departments utilizing the system, it makes communication and team work so much easier. We also love the aesthetics of the program. Viewing important patient information on one page (Facesheet) makes documenting easier. As a super user, I love being able to create/edit my own forms to make the program more applicable to our needs.

Cons

Though the implementation team, specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT], worked tirelessly to tweak the EMR system to meet our needs, there are plenty of features that are needed to maneuver the system more effortlessly for a PPEC facility. The care plan section under treatment plan will be a future issue for the therapy department. Our patients can be enrolled in therapy up until 21 years of age and treatment...

Loving it.

It has all been great. I loved the customization process and getting to be a part planning how we use the system instead of having to bend or redo every internal process in order to fit the system.

Pros

The integrated clearinghouse info is so helpful. The ability to resubmit claims through InSync is a huge plus. I love that I can work rejected claims within InSync. Prior to this, I was having to wait until I got EOBs to see any rejections or inactive insurance issues. Now, I can catch those issues much faster (sometimes the same day) and fix the issues.

Cons

My least favorite thing is the inability to see visits in patient demographics - financials unless a claim is done. If I have a claim back-log, the front office can't pull the financial details for a client. We were used to a view/edit charges type arrangement that showed visits regardless of whether or not the claim had been processed (which wasn't always a good thing). It's more of an adjustment to how we do things than a criticism of the software.

Review of Insync

With all of the above being said, I think [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did a great job! There were some hiccups along the way but he helped us walk through them. It is always hard going from one platform to another- you are so used to doing things the old way that you think that is the way the work flow should be. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did a great job of showing us what we are capable of doing in Insync. He would...

Pros

(I used all three sections below to describe our overall experience with Insync) I would say that we are too new to the experience with Insync to really comment on if/how it has helped the business/ practice. I would like to comment on our implementation experience. It is my impression that no one really knew what was going on at the start, I do not blame this on any one person. It sounds like the...

Cons

There was a lot that needed to be done but I always felt like we were missing something or we were rushed to get stuff done because we didn't actually know it needed to be completed. When it came to training with a certified Insync trainer, we did one 5 hour block where we closed the clinic so everyone could attend the training. We walked away from that with lots of questions, unsatisfied. It may have...

The best customer service around

The best part about InSync is the customer service. I’ve been utilizing this software for over 5 years and while the product could be more efficient, the assistance from your support staff is unparalleled. I’ve been working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for a little over three months and he has been wonderful. I signed a new client and he helped me get the account set up excising patience and acting as a guiding voice. I never once was worried about anything because I know [SENSITIVE CONTENT] would be able to answer any questions I had. He handled my MANY inquiries with grace and patience. His due diligence made this process painless.

Pros

The product is very easy to use and simple to understand but what keeps me coming back and signing new clients on is the impeccable customer service.

Cons

Eligibility through practice insight and some other reporting features could be improved. Insurance eligibility especially is currently very tedious to verify. The reporting features can be improved as well. For manual entry of claims a tab over field for ICD-10 would be helpful. Clicking to Proceed is a waste of time. That’s the feature that makes me want to consider a different software. I’ve asked customer service many times if anything can be done but they said nothing can be changed about that.

I only wish I knew about this software sooner!

We had several people on our implementation team, all of whom were great to work with! Each person was responsible for making a different portion of our implementation run smoothly — they sent someone to our office to observe for a few days and understand our needs and desires for our practice, then spent the next few weeks building it out and meeting with me to make sure we were happy with it. Another...

Pros

The product looks a little overwhelming at first, but the team at InSync held our hands, every step of the way and we are picking it up quickly. Even some of our self-proclaimed ‘tech-dumb’ staff members are loving it. We love that it is all inclusive and we were able to streamline so many of our procedures. We no longer outsource our insurance claims processing, we spend way less time on data entry...

Cons

We only ran into a couple of snags along the way, but when we did, there was a team of people to fix them — usually within a couple of hours or a couple days. They’ve also taken down ideas from us for future features to potentially add to the system.

Insync helped us say Bye bye bye to outdated systems.

The helpfulness of the staff that we worked with during implementation has been absolutely amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] will forever be my favorite Insync employee. She was kind, polite, prompt and professional. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] were also extremely helpful.

Pros

Previously, we had used 3 other EHR's, each with their own set of issues. However, the last one really took the cake. We were promised timely access to support, the ability to customize many things and ease of use. We stuck it out for 2 years, but when the EHR started deleting notes, not saving information, changing dates and times, we had no choice but to switch. So far, Insync has delivered everything promised and more. What took me 2-3 hours and several applications in previous EHR's, takes one report and maybe 20 minutes in Insync. This literally saves me hours of work. I have yet to have a question that cannot be answered.

Cons

The only thing I did not care for was the amount of ways to do one thing. So, it's not even a real complaint. But when teaching staff how to do things, it can be confusing to show them how to start an encounter from the facesheet, and the scheduler and the dashboard etc. It is nice that there are so many ways to complete a task but it is also a bit of a pain.

Mixed Batch

Overall it has often felt like smoke and mirrors on many occasions. We greatly appreciate the support of our Account Manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and really loved [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]; however, the sales team really sold us on all the support that we will obtain and then after changing Account Managers after starting and having to ask really pointed questions we only over the last two...

Pros

The basic use of the product in providing and generating progress notes and an assessment are easy to use; however, the actual nuts and bolts of what can be done and all the workflow specifics of what support can provide the user was not a known reality to our group. We really like that for those bills that are straight forward and clean that we are seeing a return pretty quickly. We love the fact that the software can be versatile and provide us data points as long as you know how to select all the specific fields to generate the report.

Cons

We find obtaining data reports quite difficult because there are so many specific items that must be set up in the individual reports it is hard to use in that way. Given that our set up was botched and then our training was limited thereafter it led to us finding 8 months later that we were not closing loops on our claims which has led to a great deal of financial loss. I think the biggest concern...

Integrative Health Consultants

I was happy for the most part that we were still able to manage in the middle of a pandemic and execute everything as best as we could. That being said, I was very disappointed with the fact that we were not able to have a smooth transition with the medical record data migration. The entire implementation team knew we were coming from "Therapy Notes" product. Yet you had no "work around" for a...

Pros

I loved that most everything is customizable per the user. Anything that we needed as an organization could also be accommodated or was something we were told we could see in the future.

Cons

From my perspective (not very tech savvy) I was confident I could learn how to use the system pretty easily. However, It's quite a maze trying to learn where to go to get started when you need to configure something diferently. It's like we need to assume what we are supposed to search for in the search bar. It seems some things save or revert to a default status or populated for me. When we upload documents to the doc manager, the clinician is auto populated from the prior time it was used. It has also done this in other places within the system. It should clear once we save the doc. etc.

Insync - efficiencies on EHR and RCM sides

Overall Insync Healthcare Solutions is a comprehensive integration of clinical and business in one user-friendly customizable product.

Pros

We have been using Insync for a year now and overall have been very pleased. On the EHR side, the customization of the platform, particularly the Encouter Notes has been the best feature. Being able to tailor it to our patient population with integration of review of systems, quick check-boxes and so many scales has streamlined our documentation and improved efficiency. On the RCM side, having a designated team has been invaluable! Our Accountant Managers have been very knowledgable and creative, out-of-the-box investigators and our revenue stream has steadily increased over the past year. Additionally, the Customer Support Team has also been incredibly accessible and so helpful in problem-solving issues that arise.

Cons

The reports are plentiful, but almost too many options. It has been somewhat challenging to find the right reports to measure productivity. The RCM team continues to take our feedback and are regularly updating and improving reports.

Happy Customer

I only first went live beginning February 2021, with the encouragement of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]., my Implementation Specialist. I admit, in the beginning I felt overwhelmed because I am the sole provider I had to learn all aspects of the software. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] encouraged me to hang in there and promised the support would be there when I needed. I'm very happy I hung in...Insync is going to make my professional life so much easier.

Pros

Insync allows me to bring all facets of my business under one umbrella: program management, submitting claims, client/patient statements, clearinghouse, credit card processing, patient portal with customized forms for progress notes and initial assessment, along with HIPAA and consent for treatment, and telehealth with Zoom that is very reliable. With the portal, patients can make their credit card payments online and send/receive emails that are all HIPAA compliant.

Cons

Setting up insurance companies was a bit of a challenge; however, that is because I forgot to change my address on Medicare website which caused a glitch in processing claims.

Excellent product - Awsome Support Staff

Once we met with the InSync management we knew this was the company for us. They are "can do" people. They had a solution for every challenge we have. As a large behavioral health service provider we have staff located in many places so we needed a software product that had strong management functions. InSync has it.

Pros

First and foremost the ease of use. The product is very intuitive and easy for staff to learn and operate. Second, the support staff are awesome. They helped us at every step. Very knowledgeable, approachable and always there for us. Also, the cost savings. While we didn't realize how much we were going to save at the beginning. We now know we will save $3M over the next 10 years. And we will be able to repurpose a couple of staff as less support is required with this product.

Cons

Gees, not much here. We are so satisfied. I guess the fact we did not implement it sooner.

Carbon County Counseling Center

I have to say that all of my interactions with InSync and the various staff that I dealt with were very pleasant to work with and very helpful. Our Implementation Specialist and Trainer,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], was awesome to work with. He was always willing to help in any way and was patient when we needed clarification on something more than once. He was really helpful in helping brainstorm different...

Pros

I liked that this software was fairly easy to navigate. It is also easy to make modification and changes to various aspects of the system, so that it can grow with us and be molded to fit our needs as our needs change. I also like the fact that it is internet based, so that we aren't limited to access and staff can get caught up on their work or can work from home if the need arises, particularly with...

Cons

We did have some difficulty with integrating the software into our agency, but I don't really think that had anything to do with the software. I think that it was more of a reluctance of some staff to learn a new system and being kind of set in their ways. I also think that we could have customized things so much more if I would have received feedback from my clinical staff. I have since learned of...

Outstanding Development and Implementation

The different stages I have been in with InSync has far exceeded my expectations. The team I have worked with from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] everyone has been not just patient and kind, but knowledgeable and helpful. The customer service alone would keep me with InSync, but the actual product is easy for all of our different types of workers from the more technologically hesitant to those who are more fluent in different EHRs. I was hesitant to change EHRs because I know how extensive the transition can be but I have to say it has gone much much better than I would have ever thought!

Pros

I have had to change systems before just a few years ago and the development and implementation team we worked with for InSync was beyond phenomenal. Not just knowledgeable but really eager to make the system work for us instead of just getting it implemented. We had some big changes for our organization in the middle of it and the InSync team came to us with not just a ton of positivity but with solutions and suggestions to our concerns. Phenomenal team.

Cons

I am currently at a point where I am finding very little that I dislike about the program. There is always the minor hiccup here and there finding things we thought we created right but needing to adjust and that really just comes with any system.

Psychology and Counseling Center - Insync Review: Billing and Scheduling

While the beginning parts were rocky, overall, our office is very happy with the program. We have seen an improvement in workflow as well as in revenue.

Pros

The product makes workflow easy and provides accurate information for the user quickly and clearly. There are a lot of little things that Insync's product provides that make it easier to function. Billing: Having a large billing team is wonderful. The billing team is able to get claims out quickly and properly. Communication: The communication between IT, service, and billing department and the client is outstanding. It enables our office to troubleshoot small and large issues in a timely manner and creates a more smooth and profitable outcome for our business and providers.

Cons

The initial learning curve with the product was extremely difficult. We had great assistance from the onboarding team; however, due to all of the 'bells and whistles" it made it quite difficult to learn. Eligibility: Our office pays for Eligibility which is great because it shows us real time if the patient's insurance is active. Unfortunately, benefits for mental health are not shown on this portal. It would be wonderful if our office and other mental health offices had access to this information as it would save hours of time for the office as we still have to verify benefits for new patients who come in and existing patients who have insurance changes.

Customizable software for practices that operate differently from the rest!

Our overall experience with InSync was great! There were much fewer "disconnects" between what the sales team promised and what was actually delivered than we expected. Their company is highly organized and the process from sales to use was very transparent. In the areas where the software fell short, their team was able to provide a workaround for our practice in the short-term while their development team was notified to make long-term adjustments. The implementation process happened in the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak. Which for us meant moving our on-site implementation to virtual. With that being said, InSync was still able to provide a good implementation for our practice all through Zoom calls - which further speaks to how well trained and adaptable their staff is.

Pros

- EHR module for mental/behavioral health services is very comprehensive and comes with the ability to automatically integrate patient responses on forms and normed tools right into your notes. - All of the reports are very comprehensive and export to excel with filters already built-in. You can get information as granularly as you need. - Generally, most aspects of the software are highly customizable. - Support and Implementation teams are highly accessible and responsive. - The development team seems to make rapid improvements and feature requests.

Cons

- In addition to behavioral health, our practice also offers Speech, Occupational, and Physical Therapy services. Many of our patients are receiving services from multiple disciplines. Where this software excels on the behavioral health part of the EHR, it falls short for our other services. It does not have built-in templates/graphs for evaluations of the Allied Health disciplines and InSync does...