Greenhouse Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.57/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It has been a really good experience, and the candidates also like the way the platform helps the process, besides that, the customer support it's really fast and friendly.

EB

Estefania B.

It is good, the product integrates well with other solution sets that help to enhance functionality a little bit more. The are products out there that can help on Campus and Scheduling interviews.

ZO

Zack O.

Overall amazing experience and highly recommend for any organization that has an active recruiting department.

Fraud, bordering on criminal- Don't use Greenhouse.

Larby S A.

The UI is a little bit complicated. Sometimes I'm getting lost when I try to find someone I have interviewed a while ago.

MS

M. Serhat D.

What's most lacking about GH is the inability to view all candidates in a pipeline in one page/snapshot.

JC

TriNet Hire-logocaret

TriNet Hire

Workable-logocaret

Workable

How would you rate Greenhouse?

Brent J.

Head Of Product Management

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Easy hiring tool for all employees to use.

Transcript

Brent J.: Hey everyone, I'm Brent. I'm a director of product. I give Greenhouse HR a five out of five....

Great for Onboarding, but chill with the emails

Transcript

Greg G.: Hey, I'm Greg. I'm a product manager. I give Greenhouse five out of five stars. And for more...

Solid ATS

Overall, I've had a positive experience with Greenhouse. I like that you can schedule interviews in it as it connects to google calendar or outlook. The customization of scorecards is a huge plus so you can make sure interviewers are testing on accurate material. I love also how greenhouse sends automatic reminders to interviewers to submit their scorecard. This eliminates unnecessary emails from me. If your a small company, I think your really benefit from Greenhouse.

Pros

Greenhouse is an easy ATS to use. It's easy to create job reqs, job posts, and you can customize your evaluation form aka scorecard. When we initially got Greenhouse, we set up training sessions with interview teams on how to use the platform. Majority of the feedback we received from our interviews teams was that it was extremely easy to use. I also loved how greenhouse has tutorials so we were able to leverage that as well. Customer support has been wonderful, anytime we've had an issue, we can easily connect and chat to a customer service agent. I also love the share jobs to social media feature where you can connect your linkedin through greenhouse and share jobs that your company has.

Cons

The metrics can be improved on. I wish there were more metrics on how many people in the company share the most jobs to their social network. Also, sometimes customizing reports can be a bit difficult. There has been some instances where it took some time for a report to pop up.

It's a clicker, but seems to be the best option around for medium sized companies

It is the Recruting team's main and almost only tool to manage their work, and the rest of the org uses it robustly for interview feedback, tracking and for submitting referrals.

Pros

- When managed tightly, it can produce very good data to keep track of your recruiting efforts. - It is almost a one-stop-shop for recruiters and coordinators. - Some of the recent changes are in the right direction, especially the visualized pipeline (which still needs work but it's finally there), and custom reports. - It is nice that all employees can submit referrals directly as well as by trackable links. - Interviewers and hiring managers manage to submit their interview feedback relatively easily and reminders seem to work well in encouraging the, to do so. - If this is the first ATS you've worked with it's great. - From what I hear from other companies it doesn't sound like any other system is significantly better for mid-sized companies.

Cons

- It requires a very knowledgeable admin to be on top of things to be used correctly. - We use a plethora of integrations (most of them are not out of the box) to get the most out of the system, mostly around notifications and reports. - As a recruiter/ manager It is impossible to get a full picture of my assignments and tasks. You need a billion clicks to do every task, there's no one place to...

Phenomenal features, easy to use - but extremely high priced, not great support/export

Helpful to map out a recruitment journey in one place. But can be done with more control of your data in many other HR tools.

Pros

Intuitive features and easy to process between steps Helps to ensure consistency between interviews, plans, and third party integrations for staff intake and hiring. Easy to post jobs and link multiple job posts to the same position internally (newer posts get more applications, but don't need a new job inside the portal) Allows for constant hiring, and deep analytics on use of HR teams time and performance - Really not a fit for small or midsize firms, you can tell its great for the enterprise

Cons

- Support is great initially, then is not as helpful after execution (contract lock in) - Pricing is annual, and very high - Hard to justify the ROI for convenience on HR team - Pricing is completely based on size of the company (meaning how much you can afford) vs. the use of the platform or feature set - Prohibitive annual, upfront, and renewal terms - Company tried to renew automatically within...

Recruiting Software is Good for Some Industries

We just used a short-term trial and quickly found that it was not the best option for us.

Pros

Greenhouse allows you to review and compare potential employees in one easy space. It's a good one-stop-shop for integrating various parts in the hiring process into one program that's easily accessible and well organized.

Cons

It's too metrics focused for certain industries where soft skills and personality matches are more important than hard black and white data-based criteria.

Best management to guarantee talent search and recruitment is completed transparently

Greenhouse has enhanced our capabilities by accessing the best talents, as well as streamlining the interview and appointment procedures, and ensuring that all these processes are carried out with high transparency, ensuring to a large extent that the job is given to the right person.

Pros

I love the fact that Greenhouse provides our organization, especially the human resources department, with many possibilities to publish job advertisements and also receive resumes from those interested and filter them to reach the main candidates for the job. Greenhouse ensures that all these processes are carried out in complete transparency, so that a comprehensive file is designed for each candidate...

Cons

I love the fact that Greenhouse is easy to use and more flexible than other similar systems; all the procedures we implement to reach the best candidates are smooth, and the support teams at Greenhouse are always ready to answer any inquiries and provide the required support.

Fraud, bordering on criminal- Don't use Greenhouse.

Don't sign up and don't trust them during the sales process. Review everything because they will bait and switch you - predatory business practices.

Pros

Nothing, the experience was dreadful and I highly recommend people to stay away from this company.

Cons

We were lied to regarding the billing structure promised to us, which was to be monthly. The rep we dealt with was incredibly short and rude after the fact and even sent us to collections! We would never have signed up for this horrible companies service if our billing was annually paid. We followed up with their team in September of 2020 about the error, and they refused to adjust. Please stay away from this company! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] especially should be ashamed of her conduct. Greenhouse is operating a predatory enterprise. We are using Zoho recruit now, and it's much better, offering more features, monthly billing, and allows for way more job posts.

Greenhouse Fangirl

It's been great for us at our startup. Integrates nicely with other job boards, easy-to-manage pipeline, and robust job reports.

Pros

Very user-friendly and Greenhouse is always looking to improve their product (ie self-scheduling, kickoff feature, etc)

Cons

Integration with Google Calendar doesn't let you know when an interviewer rejected an invitation. Wish there were more placeholders (tokens) for email templates.

Best of what’s available

Overall, I love greenhouse and have implemented it at previous companies over other ATSs.

Pros

I love the data reports, building interviews, and the customer service is highly responsive and helpful.

Cons

I wish scheduling were easier (color-coded, drag-and-drop) and that I had an “inbox” with centrally located notices on all of my recent activity.

Incredibly thorough, purposeful and collaborative recruiting process

We are able to dive deeper into the analytics surrounding our recruitment and hiring processes

Pros

The holistic approach to hiring not only means identifying candidates who have long-term potential to grow with the company but also looking for a great culture fit

Cons

I want to easily identify target schools that yield quality candidates

Great top-to-bottom candidate experience to attract top-tier talent

Implements a standard hiring processes across departments and locations

Pros

The interview kit prepares interviewers with interview objectives and avoids repetitive questions. It guides us on how to leverage its reports to facilitate data-driven decision-making

Cons

More capabilities to personalize user Authorization and make prospective channels simple to install

Very useful for attracting the best talent to the organization.

Greenhouse made the interview process easier. Greenhouse also helped us broadcast recruitment advertising across platforms, track and engage with those who expressed interest, and automatically filter CVs to find the top prospects. It also enabled us to store all records and mails, as well as interview procedures and specialist observations.

Pros

Greenhouse is incredibly inventive and efficient, with simple access to applicant sites, email correspondence, CV, and interview feedback, all in one location on the cloud. Interviewing candidates is no longer a problem, and it keeps both parties engaged by sending timely emails that ensure no party misses interview time and notifying them if the appointment is rescheduled or canceled. We can use personalized...

Cons

To get the most out of Greenhouse's characteristics, we need the coordinated efforts and participation of the work team, each according to their specialty, to make the procedures proceed as intended. In certain cases, I lose track of my notes after interviews because I don't submit my draft, thus I lose track of what I said to the candidate. I believe in increased automation.

Happy Greenhouse User

Overall pleased with Greenhouse and think it's a solid ATS.

Pros

I chose to use Greenhouse because it was the tool that made the most sense and aligned closest with the recruiting process I built for Calendly. Their scorecards and stages are similar visual and stage how we approach recruiting perfectly. They have been incredibly innovative recently with their new features and upgrades and I continue to be impressed by the product roadmap.

Cons

I think their reporting is not intuitive and feels clunky. I don't think they have a great visualization into pipeline for non recruiters. So if a hiring manager or executive wants to see how a specific role is progressing I don't think it's easy for them to do or see. There are also a lot of clicks to get somewhere or get back to something.

Overall satisfied, though A LOT of manual configuration required

Overall experience is positive so far - Apart from the time & effort taken to learn a new product the Talent Acquisition team is enjoying it so far, our Hiring Managers like it, and we've received no negative feedback from applicants. That said, though there are too many parts that need to be changed manually, including many parts of the job templates, salary data assigned to jobs/templates, application questions, application confirmation emails, etc.. There needs to be more focus on put on allowing bulk-edits. It's an arduous, time-consuming task to make updates (to something as simple as a line we might want to add or remove from a job description on benefits we offer) and that time can be spend on more value-creating tasks.

Pros

The amount of integrations Greenhouse with other software is great; The UI is intuitive; Ease of use for hiring managers and interviewers who access the system.

Cons

A tremendous amount of manual work is required during the implementation, and for ongoing updates to job templates. There was also a lack of live or customized training by Greenhouse during implementation - just videos and how-to's on their support page. So I would try my best to figure things out and spend a lot of time manually doing things; then a week or two later, we'd realize something was off or a setting needed to be redone and we'd have to manually re-do it -- Some more hands-on, customized, live help from the get-go and throughout implementation would have been helpful so that we didn't need to spend hours and hours on manual tasks.

I've used Greenhouse for 3 years and I am my company's GH admin.

Pros

Greenhouse is great. It's very customizable to your recruiting operation while providing clear guidance on how to best organize your operation. This improves your candidate/interviewer experience while maximizing your data/analytics and workflows. Their customer service team is top notch. They're friendly and helpful and always solution oriented. There's so much I personally like that I'll just have to list a few (in no particular order): - Offer Workflows (with approvals) - Job Setup - Customizable Options (Offer details, Job details, Tags, Candidate details) - Greenhouse Analytics (Okay I lied, this is my favorite) - Employee Dashboard - Referral Process (Posting to social media, tracking, organizing referrals as a referrer)

Cons

There isn't a lot not to like. Greenhouse is growing fast and their software is evident of that at times. There are some legacy situations that they've chosen not to prioritize (like bulk updating approvals on jobs) with their engineering time, but though the solution today is time consuming, they're obviously making progress to minimize the pains. When you use Greenhouse, you're using a tool that...

Pretty Close To A Silver Bullet!

We use Greenhouse as the platform for all recruiting functions globally. Prior to implementing Greenhouse, we had a lot of manual processes in place and the recruiting function as a whole was decentralized. There was no central repository for all recruiting-related information. With Greenhouse, we were able to align the team globally, centralize all functions, automate processes, and create a better hiring experience for managers.

Pros

Reporting - In my role, I need to be able to diagnose where the breakdowns are in recruiting, and the system’s many canned reports help me do that. While Greenhouse doesn’t have the ability to let you build custom reports, there are enough reports available that I don’t have to do that. It’s also been very useful for me to get weekly recruitment reports from the system so I can see activity from a...

Cons

Reporting Customization - Although there are many canned reports that cover a variety of areas, I still have to export multiple reports in order to build a report which tells the story I’m trying to tell. User Access Customization - I understand this is something on their product roadmap. It would be great for them to get more granular in terms of access-level functionality.

Highly Intuitive ATS with strong automation

Greenhouse has provided excellent improvement of our recruitment process such as candidates scheduling which in turn has reduced the time spent on administrative tasks. We have also had a high level of engagement across our Hiring Managers and Interviewers due to the intuitive nature of the software and excellent UX. We were able to roll out the system with very little training as the system is so easy to use.

Pros

I most like the highly customisable workflows and templates that can be used as well as the level of automation that can be embedded has significantly reduced our manual administration and management of the recruit to keep the recruitment process on track. Friendly reminders keep you on track with your schedule and also drives productivity across the team .

Cons

Initially it took me a while to get used to the "Self-Service" model of support (given I had not used the system before however the video instructions and tutorials have been very useful and easy to digest.

Greenhouse is so fresh

I did a fair amount of investigating ATS systems, and Greenhouse ultimately won my business and has kept it for a several reasons. 1. Customer Service. Their sales team understood the difference between availability, persistence and harassment. Their implementation specialists are patient, articulate, empathetic, easily accessible and even open to product improvement suggestions. Support tickets...

Pros

Customer Service, UI/UX, Customization, Candidate Experience, Ease of Communications.

Cons

Analytics, Price (if you're a small business)

Greenhouse Recruitment, a powerful recruiting tool with minor limitations

The problem that Greenhouse is solving for us is by serving as a recruitment platform. All candidates will flow into this system in which the recruiter will screen, move the candidates between stage to be able to track in what stage the candidate is in now, and after the candidate is hired, through integration, the candidate data will be sent to other HRIS systems that the company used. Since we never used other recruitment systems before, we can't say that Greenhouse is the best of its kind.

Pros

Greenhouse Recruitment is a simple tool that new recruiters can quickly learn how to use within a couple of days. Greenhouse also provides system-related articles on Greenhouse Community that can be easily pulled up when search on the Google search engine as well. Moreover, Greenhouse creates their knowledge-based article in a way that both informs the access requirements to perform a certain task and the article itself is easy to understand. Greenhouse also can be integrated with other HRIS systems such as Workday as well.

Cons

From an end-user perspective, I think that Greenhouse is flawless. However, from an admin perspective, Greenhouse has many flaws. For example, in order to merge candidates, Greenhouse requires the user to have the same access on both jobs that both candidates are in. As a result, our admin team needs to be the one merging the candidates for the recruiter as offer access cannot be given to recruiters for jobs that they are not responsible for just to merge. Moreover, as an admin, it will take some time to learn about the system, and most importantly, the system is limited to customization.

It's alright

Overall, it's been decent. Aside from the cons and the not-so-great reporting side, it's been ok. Getting in touch with customer service over chat is pretty quick (I've never had to wait very long), but speaking to someone in customer success hasn't been the greatest. In the past I've had to schedule 1-2 weeks in advance to speak with someone. Perhaps the team is just really small but that's a long time to wait.

Pros

Once you learn how Greenhouse works, it's pretty easy to add candidates, run them through your process and schedule interviews. There's definitely a learning curve one has to overcome if they're a first time user (example: setting up new roles is a little backwards), but with enough repetitions, you'll get it.

Cons

I've been using Greenhouse since 2017 and there are still a couple of things that, back then I was tole Greenhouse was working on, but is still an issue. 1. Recruiting is not notified when an interviewer from our company declines an interview. There is no way to see that unless you bring up the calendar and click on the event to see if someone has or has not responded to the calendar invite. 2. Some of our interview invitation emails land in spam. It's actually more of a problem now more than ever. 3. Every so often the calendar in Greenhouse blinks when we're scrolling through days of the week when we're scheduling interviews. When this happens, we have to exit out of the scheduling function and start over again.

Comprehensive Solution, Broad Integration Partners

Pros

No glaring holes in the tools a small-to-medium sized organization needs to track, manage, evaluate, and hire candidates. Lots of push-button integration partners to drive downstream workflows, such as Background Screening, and HRIS export.

Cons

Heavy configureability means heavy variation between customer setups. This is true in nearly every software solution, not just Greenhouse. It would be great to see Greenhouse take more of a lead in providing good examples of objective candidate evaluations. Scorecards that coach interviewers on how to objectively evaluate certain attributes, etc...there's plenty of research out there on preventing...

Changed our Recruiting Process!

Overall a game-changer! Keeps all of the candidate information in one place.

Pros

Great product! Very intuitive and user-friendly. The implementation team was excellent with helping us set up the product in a way that would be most useful to us. The ease of use is incredible- makes my job easier!

Cons

Some issues with the Zoom integration when first rolled out and the customer service team dropped the ball on this one. Seems to be better now.

Gets better with every new release

Pros

- Ease of use & great support documentation you can point individual users to so the recruiting team is not inundated with one-off questions from users. - Access to customer support through the chat feature - Ability to make feature requests - The product is constantly evolving and growing with our needs as a fast growing organization - Many levels of specificity when setting up alerts you want to receive - our previous ATS alert emails were either all or nothing but with Greenhouse you can select exactly what you want such as alerts when candidates move to different stages, or alerts for specific interview rounds which is very helpful.

Cons

- Restrictions on customizations: For instance, I'd like to create an additional "sourcing strategy" but am not able to so many candidate sources end up under the "other" bucket which leads to poor reporting on source of hire and ROI tracking for some recruiting initiatives. - Workflows can get real messy real fast if you have a larger recruiting team - Reporting is just alright - not as robust as I'd expect which means managers end up doing quite a bit of manual work to build a story to tell to execs. Be ready to export reports to excel and expect to spend time manipulating data.

The best ATS on the market

Great experience -I've recommended it to at least 3-4 other tech companies and have completed user research studies and given product feedback to help enhance the product experience. Greenhouse really listens to their customers' wants and needs and tries their best to build it into the product roadmap for you, and most times they do.

Pros

I've been a greenhouse user across 2 different tech/startup companies and it is the ONLY ATS that I would trust to handle and manage all of our candidate processes. The UI/UX is seamless and easy to use, and the reporting/metrics are very user-friendly for pulling. Greenhouse is the modern recruiter's best tool to keep things organized and flowing nicely, ensuring that no candidate slips through the cracks and by providing visibility to hiring managers and teams.

Cons

Greenhouse is a pricey software, so be aware that it is an investment, but one that will help streamline any recruiting process. Greenhouse is constantly updating/changing the interface (usually to improve the experience), so don't be surprised if you log in one day and all the sudden can't find something where it used to be. But their customer service is really good if you do happen to run into any questions/concerns.

Greenhouse for the Win

Overall I love greenhouse, I switched from Jobvite and it was the best decision ever.

Pros

I absolutely love that I can upload candidates from LinkedIn straight into my greenhouse candidate pool. It's never been so easy to source for candidates while making sure you pull all of their available information to use down the road.

Cons

Sometimes when I'm uploading candidates from LinkedIn and have multiple offices that I in my network, I'm unable to always add them to the right office. Some offices wont populate when I need them to. So then after I've converted them from a prospect to a candidate I'm un able to undo that action and can sometimes end up with multiple profiles for the same candidate.

It IS easy being Green..!

Pros

Greenhouse... more like FUNhouse! Greenhouse is the most intuitive ATS out there. It's easy to use for interviewers as well as recruiters and hiring managers. It's definitely the cleanest product out there and the innovators behind it obviously care about staying at the top, as is clear from their constant updates. Greenhouse is also the most data centric ATS I've worked with. It allows you to really track your hiring data to be able to make smarter recruiting decision down the road. All in all, very few complaints about the product or the people behind it. Save yourself the research - work with Greenhouse!

Cons

Greenhouse is by far in a way the best ATS I've worked with. Having said that, sure, are there things that could be better? I'm sure (though none come to mind right now). It would be great if you could post to social media about all jobs at your company as opposed to one specific job (though I think they're working on this). It would also be great if my "resources" on my google calendar synced up. Right now I can scheduled interviews to my specific calendars via google calendar, but I can't schedule them to a specific room, or "resource." These are pretty small things though and I'm confident whatever isn't perfect will be soon enough!