Greenhouse Reviews

4.52/5 (387 reviews)

Nick Reyland

I've used Greenhouse for 3 years and I am my company's GH admin.

Reviewed 2017-08-29

Greenhouse is great. It's very customizable to your recruiting operation while providing clear guidance on how to best organize your operation. This improves your candidate/interviewer experience while maximizing your data/analytics and workflows. Their customer service team is top notch. They're friendly and helpful and always solution oriented. There's so much I personally like that I'll just have to list a few (in no particular order): - Offer Workflows (with approvals) - Job Setup - Customizable Options (Offer details, Job details, Tags, Candidate details) - Greenhouse Analytics (Okay I lied, this is my favorite) - Employee Dashboard - Referral Process (Posting to social media, tracking, organizing referrals as a referrer)

Brian Breth

Pretty Close To A Silver Bullet!

Reviewed 2016-12-09
Review Source: Software Advice

We use Greenhouse as the platform for all recruiting functions globally. Prior to implementing Greenhouse, we had a lot of manual processes in place and the recruiting function as a whole was decentralized. There was no central repository for all recruiting-related information. With Greenhouse, we were able to align the team globally, centralize all functions, automate processes, and create a better hiring experience for managers.Reporting - In my role, I need to be able to diagnose where the breakdowns are in recruiting, and the system’s many canned reports help me do that. While Greenhouse doesn’t have the ability to let you build custom reports, there are enough reports available that I don’t have to do that. It’s also been very useful for me to get weekly recruitment reports from the system so I can see activity from a high level. All this lets me keep my finger on the pulse of hiring, and report effectively to the business where we are with progress to plan, while at the same time advising on trends I’m seeing and actions we may want to take. Interview Kits/Scorecards - Another great feature of the system. Getting everyone on the same sheet of music has been invaluable. Once all scorecards are input then the manager can see all of the feedback and make a decision. As I’ve mentioned, centralization is important to us and having all the feedback in one place makes it easy on recruiter and manager alike. And the interview kits are a great way to set everyone up for success because they can be customized so that the whole interview panel takes the same approach, or each interviewer can be tasked with a specific question set. And it’s all so intuitive and easy to use. Several of our senior executives have set the standard for user engagement with Greenhouse! User experience - This was one very key area for us. We believe that recruiters are partners to managers, and for them to want to engage on that level, we needed a system that was user-friendly. And Greenhouse is definitely user-friendly. We have a high level of engagement here which has helped to further our goal of creating a culture of recruitment here.

Sarah Fisher

Greenhouse is so fresh

Reviewed 2016-11-07
Review Source: Software Advice

I did a fair amount of investigating ATS systems, and Greenhouse ultimately won my business and has kept it for a several reasons. 1. Customer Service. Their sales team understood the difference between availability, persistence and harassment. Their implementation specialists are patient, articulate, empathetic, easily accessible and even open to product improvement suggestions. Support tickets are handled quickly and when the matter is a more complex tool-wide programming solve, they still communicate the outcome to you---even months later!! 2. UI and UX. It's sexy, intuitive, and easy to use. Trying to get timely candidate feedback from super busy creative people, many of whom are naturally disorganized, has meant the simplicity of Greenhouse has been a godsend. They even like using it because its pretty. Anything to made the horse led to water drink, ya know? 3.Customization. I love that I can change make both minor tweaks and major adjustments to scorecards, job posts, work flow and hiring teams with zero headache. We can also put our unique brand voice on everything our internal team and candidates see, so nothing about it feels robotic. 4. Candidate Experience. It's fast, simple, and clear on the receiving end, which is the most important part. Feedback from our candidates, even from rejected candidates, has been glowing since we started using Greenhouse---a vast improvement over our previous MO. 5. Ease of Communications. Communicating to and about candidates is simple and fluid, AND can all activity around a candidate is logged, so you check and double check last communications---key when you have a large pool and fast moving process. It's also web based, so use it from your phone, home computer or anywhere that's not your desk. The only drawback is that the flexibility in the rest of the tool is not represented in the reporting. The reports can be a little difficult to decipher and there are some sets of data not offered that would be quite useful, though not critical. On the whole, the reporting features are more than adequate, but relative to the awesomeness of the tool and service otherwise, it would step up a bit. Customer Service, UI/UX, Customization, Candidate Experience, Ease of Communications.

Comprehensive Solution, Broad Integration Partners

Reviewed 2017-11-07

No glaring holes in the tools a small-to-medium sized organization needs to track, manage, evaluate, and hire candidates. Lots of push-button integration partners to drive downstream workflows, such as Background Screening, and HRIS export.

Julia Lopez

Gets better with every new release

Reviewed 2015-08-21
Review Source: Software Advice

- Ease of use & great support documentation you can point individual users to so the recruiting team is not inundated with one-off questions from users. - Access to customer support through the chat feature - Ability to make feature requests - The product is constantly evolving and growing with our needs as a fast growing organization - Many levels of specificity when setting up alerts you want to receive - our previous ATS alert emails were either all or nothing but with Greenhouse you can select exactly what you want such as alerts when candidates move to different stages, or alerts for specific interview rounds which is very helpful.

Jessica Lee

The best ATS on the market

Reviewed 2018-10-29

Great experience -I've recommended it to at least 3-4 other tech companies and have completed user research studies and given product feedback to help enhance the product experience. Greenhouse really listens to their customers' wants and needs and tries their best to build it into the product roadmap for you, and most times they do.I've been a greenhouse user across 2 different tech/startup companies and it is the ONLY ATS that I would trust to handle and manage all of our candidate processes. The UI/UX is seamless and easy to use, and the reporting/metrics are very user-friendly for pulling. Greenhouse is the modern recruiter's best tool to keep things organized and flowing nicely, ensuring that no candidate slips through the cracks and by providing visibility to hiring managers and teams.

Elise Steinthal

It IS easy being Green..!

Reviewed 2015-08-04
Review Source: Software Advice

Greenhouse... more like FUNhouse! Greenhouse is the most intuitive ATS out there. It's easy to use for interviewers as well as recruiters and hiring managers. It's definitely the cleanest product out there and the innovators behind it obviously care about staying at the top, as is clear from their constant updates. Greenhouse is also the most data centric ATS I've worked with. It allows you to really track your hiring data to be able to make smarter recruiting decision down the road. All in all, very few complaints about the product or the people behind it. Save yourself the research - work with Greenhouse!

Been using Greenhouse for 2 years - overall positive experience

Reviewed 2017-11-09

- The interview kits and scorecards are great. Easy for my team and for interviewers to use. - The UI has continued to get better over the years; clearly the product is continually being improved and new features being built. - The live chat feature is really helpful (I've used it many times), though it's been a little confusing knowing if we had an Account Manager to call with questions; I believe we had one when we first signed, then were told later we no longer had one, now we have one again? - Lots of helpful integrations, with G-Suite, Docusign, Linkedin Recruiter, etc.

Carly Bidrawn

Greenhouse is a great ATS!

Reviewed 2016-08-15
Review Source: Software Advice

First off, the Greenhouse team is super responsive to questions! The simply chat window at the bottom makes it easy to get a hold of a representative when there is an issue. Overall, the entire system is SO easy to use! I train new hires and managers on the system and I only get a few that come back with questions. The offer process - easy. Changing the interview plan - simple. Scheduling, adding permissions, creating templates - it's a breeze. We moved over from a previous ATS that was not intuitive, customer service was miserable, and we felt very limited on what we could control with the system. Greenhouse is very customizable, super easy to use and troubleshoot, and encompasses everything that an ATS should!

Joshua Dunton

Greenhouse is the best ATS I have used in my career

Reviewed 2017-08-31

Greenhouse allows our organization to streamline our hiring process. From applications to interview feedback to offer creation, everything is much simpler since implementing Greenhouse. The best feature, for me, is the interview kits and feedback. It allows us to set up interviewers for success during interviews and make sure we have consistent selection criteria. Also, the scorecards make gathering feedback much easier, I don't have to chase down hiring managers anymore. Throughout the buying and implementation process, everyone at Greenhouse was great to work with. They were transparent with pricing, worked within my expectations and timelines and did a great job helping me through the implementation process. I have now purchased and implemented Greenhouse at my last two organizations.

Renaud Deworst

Greenhouse is a great recruitment software that creates a very smooth process.

Reviewed 2017-08-30

The system is very flexible and quite intuitive. The screening tool helps saving a lot of time and communications with candidates and the hiring team is quick and easy. The recruitment pipeline can be tailored for each recruitment and all the interview notes or test results are stored on the candidate profile. Reporting options cover all the information you need to understand your recruitment trends. The system also facilitates referral schemes, panel creation, internal job board and multiple job board if you have different branches.

Pierre Raguin

Greenhouse turned out to be a great tool for a fast growing company like ours

Reviewed 2017-11-09

faster recruitment cycle, better internal communication with all stakeholders involved in the Talent Acquisition process. it is probably one of the factors that made Yerra Solutions a recipient of the 2017 "Great Place to Work" Award The implementation turned out to be easy and straight forward, with great customer support along the way... Creating new job openings is simple, with many items easy to customize to our specific process. Creating new candidate profiles is straight forward with the integrated CV parsing. Generally speaking, navigating through the system is smooth and dummy-proof. Greenhouse helped us reach the next step of our business grow and development, with standard Talent Acquisition processes in all our geographical locations across the globe, while always proposing applicants a professional experience. And just as importantly, it helps us share information and integrate totally the Talent Acquisition functions within the "business" functions, facilitating exchanges with interviewers and hiring managers.

Alex Morgan

Used them all, GH is a dream come true. THANK YOU

Reviewed 2016-12-06

I have 10+ years of experience in the Talent Acquisition space and I've used just about every ATS you can think about, from the monsters (Taleo, SilkRoad, etc.) to the startups (Jazz, Lever, Jobvite). I've never felt compelled to write an online review before, but I'd never been blown away by a recruiting tool before either. Out of everything we've been working on this year nothing has had a more dramatic an impact on my team's success than our switch to Greenhouse last year. For me, it's the everyday workflow and productivity improvements, the confidence that we're focusing our efforts in the right place, the pride that we're more on top of it all than any other recruiting tam I know. I don't know how I survived without their incredible reports - I can give the CEO the hard data showing why we need the funding we do, or how much we've improved since the previous quarter, or what we need to do to prepare for the hires we'll be making in 6 months... Even just seeing how the HM's actually use it and knowing they're on the exact same page as the recruiters has been a dream come true. Thank you Greenhouse! Everything. reporting communication time-saving structured interviews meaningful feedback phenomenal suport it makes life better it makes me happy it makes my team happy it makes my hiring mangers happy it makes my CEO happy

Customer Support is great

Reviewed 2017-11-07

Not only is Greenhouse easy to use, evolves with our business, offers new features and functionality but the Customer Support and Account Managers really listen to feedback. After discussing questions on chat I often make suggestions for future features to add to the product roadmap - the amazing part is seeing my suggestions come to life! Being a Greenhouse user for the past two years I have seen many of my ideas added and my Account Manager always adds a personal touch by letting me know when my ideas will go live.

Anonymous

Good insights, but not fully intuitive

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-11-14

Overall, I am glad we use Greenhouse. It is not fully perfect as a software, but it is certainly helpful and has interesting bells and whistles.Greenhouse is what we use to bring together our recruiting team and hiring managers when finding the perfect fit for our company. It's aesthetically pleasing, very helpful for creating a complete tracking system for candidates, and shines brightest as a space to collectively share our thoughts on candidates. We use greenhouse religiously at my company, and I like the transparency that the service provides. Some additional helpful tools: Greenhouse allows you the ability to customize questions/fields for applicants, which helps us to identify the strongest candidates at the submitting stage. You can also track how well your posting is doing -- it tracks where applicants come in from, which is helpful for our hiring team.

Colin Pierce

Overall, our experience has been quite positive. We have seen a lot of growth in the product.

Reviewed 2017-09-06

Ease of use is a big pro - one of the main deciding factors to choose GH 2 years ago - Being able to keep most of the recruiting process in one tool Follow up reminders Scorecards are a nice value add Excited for the ever increasing reporting capabilities DocuSign and HIRED integrations Stage notifications Notes and mentions feature Offer and email templates Candidate survey Tagging - I'm sure there are others...

Craig Scannell

Great for both Candidates and Recruiter Users

Reviewed 2018-08-07
Review Source: Software Advice

I would really consider Greenhouse before implementing more complex solutions like SAP, Oracle or other more expensive ones. Greenhouse is as powerful, if not more powerful, more flexible and truly modern recruiting software build with users in mind. Greenhouse is probably the most powerful, easy too use recruiting software/ATS. Greenhouse is build to allow recruiters and hiring managers to work together, sharing and collaborating easy. Managing your recruiting process could not be easier with custom setup. Recruiters can plug in many services with a very easy to integrate API, giving you access to job boards, social media, video interviewing platforms and many others. Reporting is also made really easy with custom dashboards.

Sharon Slonaker

Best All Around ATS

Reviewed 2017-07-11
Review Source: Software Advice

It's got almost every report I could ask for. Really easy to set up and building & publishing new jobs is a breeze. It's helped calibrate candidate evaluations across our interviewing teams. It integrates nicely with our HRIS & Payroll platform to make the transition from offer to hire pretty simple.

Kristen Tyler

Can't Live Without It

Reviewed 2015-07-30
Review Source: Software Advice

First and foremost, the customer service. I recently joined a company to start their first recruiting team, and Greenhouse has been absolutely incredible in patiently answering endless questions, helping me with training, and figuring out the best work flow for the types of needs we have. Their instant messaging that is built into the software is also wonderful to have for those quick questions when you can't find something, or figure something out. I love being able to manage job postings from Greenhouse, track where candidates are coming from, as well as the reporting features that are built in. It really is a one stop shop for any recruiter's success.

Bethany Perkins

Collaborative & Structured Hiring

Reviewed 2017-08-29

- Encourages collaboration between interviewers - Built around the idea of a structured interview process, which helps us make data-driven decisions - UI is intuitive and easy to navigate - Customer support is top notch - responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable - They continually roll out new features and improvements, largely based on feedback from their user community

Kristina Gogola

It's been a great partnership!

Reviewed 2017-08-29

This is the most intuitive and well thought out ATS that I've used and we consistently receive that same feedback from within the TA team and from the business that we support. The Greenhouse product team is very forward thinking and receptive and it shows in the frequent releases. The interview kits, easy integrations, approvals, referral tool and the mobile app have all shaped the way our team works. We've also had a great experience with our Account Director, which can make all the difference.

Bethany Perkins

Clean, simple, intuitive

Reviewed 2017-05-08
Review Source: Software Advice

Greenhouse is a very intuitive and easy-to-use system. It integrates with a lot of great tools, from onboarding, to payroll, skills testing, and may others. Their customer support team is among the best I've experienced with any software platform I've used. The support chat function is fantastic, and everyone I've talked to there has been extremely pleasant. The system requires very little training, which makes onboarding new interviewers a breeze.

Claire Priddy

I've been using Greenhouse for 4+ years and will continue to use it in the future.

Reviewed 2017-11-09

Having access to all candidate history, contact info and feedback is a lifesaver when it comes to recruiting and compliance. Greenhouse also helps us establish and follow a clear recruiting process.It's so easy to train new users. The software is intuitive and new users pick it up quickly. It has been really cool to see all the new features added over the years.

Anonymous

Phenomenal features, easy to use - but extremely high priced, not great support/export

Reviewed 2018-05-21

Helpful to map out a recruitment journey in one place. But can be done with more control of your data in many other HR tools.Intuitive features and easy to process between steps Helps to ensure consistency between interviews, plans, and third party integrations for staff intake and hiring. Easy to post jobs and link multiple job posts to the same position internally (newer posts get more applications, but don't need a new job inside the portal) Allows for constant hiring, and deep analytics on use of HR teams time and performance - Really not a fit for small or midsize firms, you can tell its great for the enterprise

Greenhouse for Candidate Tracking

Reviewed 2018-12-16

Greenhouse does a great job of allowing you to manage your applicant tracking from job posting to hiring! You can create the job descriptions right in Greenhouse, create a hiring team with different levels of responsibility and access, post the job and have it live to multiple sites with a click of a button. You can even customize where you place your ads. You can even customize job questions to help filter candidates!