VideoAsk Logo
VideoAsk

Get personal with face-to-face interactions: at scale

visit website

VideoAsk Reviews

4.8

How would you rate VideoAsk?

SK

Sarah K.

Really easy to use, and offers my clients a great way of interacting with us. Great for quick polling or finding out interests.

Ian M.

Tech support is fantastic and very responsive. I wish my team was this good.

RR

Robert R.

Cons

Email responses has weird numbers in the From line. Inability to edit URL paths for the replies inside of the app.

MG

Michael G.

I use VideoAsk in my Typeform employee application, but the video size is so limited that many applicants are unable to upload their short videos.

TP

Tara P.

Some features and settings can be difficult to find sometimes. Other than that, most of the problems that I had bad experiences were fixed with the updates.

Eyüp Ö.

I am very thankful for the very quick replies of the customer team especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT]! Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!

Pros

Videoask has a lot of diverse features. It can be customized to your needs. Their API is quite powerful as well. We use it to share quests in gamifying travel experiences.

Cons

The minutes, I would say. Since we are doing it primarily for video quests, it really will consume more minutes since we use videoask as a creative experience for our market.

Incredible Product

The overall experience with VideoAsk has been amazing. The team are quick to respond to any questions and they have gone out of their way to help me with very specific questions

Pros

I love that we can integrate our booing software directly into the VideoAsk which helps to really streamline the process that our leads are going through with us. I love that we can brand it to our ProjectBox brand including the way that it is designed and the messaging throughout. With a bit of planning it is incredibly easy to set up and integrate with our existing tools and the feedback that we receive from people about it is amazing. Our conversion rate for enquiries has skyrocketed using this software.

Cons

There is nothing I really don't like, the things that I had an issue with at the start have all been fixed. It can be a little difficult to remember where settings are for particular things but once you know, you know.

Like it - needs more functionality

Pros

Cons

This needs more functions, and more customisation. I felt very quickly like I'd mastered this application, and could've done so much more with it, but the initial lack of functionality left me wanting more.

VideoAsk EO

I realized that I made the right decision by trusting this software.

Pros

It is very nice to be able to create videos of my own brand. This way, my company looks more formal and engaging.

Super versatile

Pros

I love how easy it is to make it fit any purpose, from surveys, to upsell funnels.

Cons

I honestly don't find any faults. It's always worked as expected, and I find the UI very intuitive.

Allowing for Innovation in Mental Health

Support- awesome, quick response to questions. Sales- struggled initially as a start-up and needing a BAA for function- which was going to require being on an Enterprise plan. But VideoAsk changed policy and was able to secure BAA on a lower tiered pricing plan which was phenomenal news.

Pros

We use with mental health assessments. So much better to have a patient respond to a person asking intake questions, instead of using generic forms. Response has been amazing. Video Ask allows us to work: creatively, logically, and efficiently. We put them to the test with 80 question assessments with multiples of guides, meaning we manage over 5,000 questions, and we have found this easy to do. We can work quickly, we haven't ever lost completed work, and feel fully supported by VideoAsk/Typeform. A true blessing they do BAA's

Cons

We did struggle with one of their beta implementations. VideoAsk to Google Sheets reliability wasn't where we needed it, but they were clear it was a beta function and they helped work around using webhooks.

Helps our customers make a decision they feel good about

We use Videoask to help potential students make a good decision about joining our course. We ask them questions about where they are at in their journey and guide them based on their decision. It helps the right leads take the leap to join and it helps the wrong leads decide against the course. Both are a win win.

Pros

We set it up once and let it run on it's own! Super low maintenance.

Cons

Nothing. It was easy to use and we are very happy with it.

Easy video capture for our startup matching platform

Pros

We love that we can offer the startup founders on our platform an easy solution to capture a personal message to their potential future investors. This is so much more powerful than only the regular pitch deck as it gives an un-choreographed glympyse into the founders' personalities.

Cons

We would love to automatically add our logo to replies so that we can directly upload them to our social media channels without having to manually edit them. This is not yet possible.

VideoAsk helps our business communicate

My overall experience is that this gives potential customers a unique experience and level of service that is unlike any other so it makes us stand out. I believe there is a unique quality to seeing a face that has been lost tin our society so face time is special.

Pros

Personalized face-to-face communication is unexpected in today's online sales.

Cons

It required additional software to integrate into KEAP

amazing

Amazing, visitors use to play

Pros

You can show yourself and give confidence

Cons

Maybe the price, always cost and cost A cheaper price with freemium features would be suitable

VideoAsk just works!

Overall, VideoAsk is near perfect for us. We've been using it basically since launch and are yet to be let down. It really has fundamentally changed the way we hire employees in the best way.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use. As a national entertainment business with an HQ in one city, it's awesome to be able to audition new hosts all across the country using VideoAsk. It totally changed our hiring process. Our audition rates are through the roof, and the quality of hires has increased as well. It's intuitive to use, and can work with our automation software to get instant updates when auditions take place etc.

Cons

It's not the most complex system every created, and there are some features that are paywalled behind more expensive plans - but for what we need we're not really missing out. The closed captioning of videos isn't always accurate, but it's easy enough to change. I wish it could be a bit more consistent, or you could train it to recognise brand names etc.

Gamechanger for Online Educators and Coaches

Excellent customer service, excellent added features over time, easy to use no-code tools. It's been amazing!

Pros

What I like most is how seamless the experience is for the user. This increases engagement and the likelihood of them responding and following through. It removes the pain points from communicating asynchronously through video, and allows teachers and coaches to keep the conversation going beyond the usual live conferencing platforms.

Cons

Some of the more advanced features have acted up from time to time with minor bugs, but the team has always been super helpful in solving them as quickly as possible.

High conversion rate and high costs

Pros

Sending the briefing to my clients became much easier, now they respond in full, the videos made a whole difference

Cons

You won't be able to apply many times as the limitation for the free version is quite big. You will need to pay for the tool to make the most basic uses, as the limit is quite low.

Using for Employee Communication and Engagement

We found that VideoAsk was a perfect solution to help automate our Monthly Safety Training. Before using this software, we would pull everyone into our University and go over a training powerpoint. Now, our employees are able to review the training on their own time and we are able to download responses/attendees rather than do so manually with pen/paper. We have shared this software with our sister companies and some have adopted it to meet their needs. Next steps for us would be to use this as a communication tool for our external customers.

Pros

Ease of use and implementation. Preset options are easy to replicate and you are able to receive immediate, real-time feedback.

Cons

I am not a fan of the customer service only being through VideoAsk... I get it, but it would be helpful to have a hotline/email for a designated sales or engineering representative. Our company has over 850 employees, and we use VideoAsk strictly for internal communication. It would be nice to have fully customizable dropdowns or text entries that we can change (for example, I don't need their email, but it would be nice to have their department as a dropdown).

Videoask responses

Pros

I like the concept of sending customers a video right on the topic which increases the response rate. I also like the connectivity with other products like shopify and with many other apps through zapier

Cons

I use the videoask gadgets in our shopify store. The popup shows in every screen. This means that even when the customer clicks on the "minus" sign to turn the gadget off, the gadget pops up in the next screen again. We could not adjust that functionality.

Video integration is the way of the future

I have been using VideoAsk for my FB Lead Generation for 6 months now. I have seen a huge lift in my conversion ratio because clients feel like they already know me and want to do business with me.

Pros

VideoAsk helps to increase your client's level of know, like and trust factor even before you've had your 1st meeting with them. By the time I connect with my client, they have already made the decision to work with me.

Cons

I don't know how to take advantage of all the Zapier integrations to get the data collected to go somewhere. Fortunately I have a digital marketer that does most of that for me anyway and she knows how to do that!

Beyond my expectations

Without VideoAsk we would not be able to offer the amazing service at the affordable price point that we provide to our clients. The service simply wouldn't exist. When I first signed up for VideoAsk I expected to use it to collect a few testimonials. I discovered there were so many more possibilities and have spend the past year and a half beginning to explore them!

Pros

My favorite thing about VideoAsk is how easy it is for the people submitting responses to me. They don't need to download an app or create an account. In some cases I don't even need to require a name or email!

Cons

VideoAsk is constantly improving. I look forward to updates that continue to address video and audio quality.

Interact with clients and leads in an innovative and personal way

I needed a way to assign small video homework tasks to my clients. This was the only thing on the market that really offered what I needed.

Pros

It's so easy to get going! All of my users and staff managed to learn how to use it really quickly. I use it for e-learning and it's been a game changer.

Cons

The price increases based on the minutes you consume, it can be difficult to manage the budget this way.

Quick and easy way to collect information & interact with website visitors!

Pros

I work on an events team for market research conferences. Previously, people who were interested in speaking at our conferences submitted a form with their name, email address, title of their presentation, etc... Since finding VideoAsk, we've transitioned entirely into collecting 60-second videos from potential speakers. This is easier on them, easier on us, and it gives us an idea of someone's on-stage presence, which an excel sheet could never do!

Cons

I wish that I could customize the video logic to collect more than one piece of information in a single step of a VideoAsk. For instance, there's already the capability to collect (in one step) a respondent's name and email address. I wish I could add Job Title and Company Name to that step as well. Also, I know that file upload is possible as a response, but I would also like to see a specific logic step for submitting a link/URL.

Great product

Very good product.

Pros

We use it in our onboarding campaign for new users to leave feedback about our services, we also use it to get quick video testimonials. Easy to use, easy to embed in marketing emails, never had a customer of our's complain about it either.

Cons

I dont have any negative feedback about the product as of now. Working well for us

Terrific Platform

The customer support has always been absolutely exceptional, and the experience has been very, very smooth.

Pros

VideoAsk provides simple, easy-to-use tools at a great price for collecting customer feedback and lead generation.

Cons

The API tools are a bit undercooked. The JSON outputs change every 3-4 months, which means I have to do regular maintenance of my code.

well done

it's the piece of software that influenced my 2021 busines the most.

Pros

The very intuitive and surprisingly personal way of interacting with customers.

Cons

Wish 1: Possibility for multi-lingual setups. For instance use different captions an same videos. It's not designed to keep overview when you run more than 5 Videoasks at the time. And the captions are poorly implemented! You need a lot of luck if you edit them by hand, that you don't mess things up. Don't get the logic there

Good tool for connecting with potential customers

It helps me connect with potential customers and develop rapport even when I am sleeping. I think video is a great way to convey information.

Pros

I like how it allows me to record a video that can be viewed by a potential client at anytime. I also like how I can make a sequence of video, so I can respond with a relevant video based on their response. I am an estate planning attorney and this tool helps me educate clients before they ever meet me.

Cons

Videoask has improved since I started using it last year. Initially I did not like how it would sometimes pick an unflattering thumbnail from my video. I would sometimes record the video again in an attempt to get a thumbnail with my eyes open. Now they let you choose a thumbnail which is much better.

An amazing product to teach, sell and engage.

I really like it and use it a lot for sales .

Pros

The user experience is great and as it's innovative my leads always ask me about VideoASK, and that's great to break the ice and give them a little tutorial (give first). The way we can share it by email is also very interesting. I also use it to mentorship some startups.

Cons

The UX is great but it's starting to be a little bit confusing as they added a lot of features during the year.

Super Easy to Use

I use this to interact directly and give feedback to my clients and it works brilliantly for what I need it to do.

Pros

The UI is excellent. The functionality is great. Really easy to customise and my clients find it easy and straightforward to use

Cons

I think the number of hours of video processing could be higher