All categories

Zoho People Reviews

Pros

The best in class features like integration with mail and all other apps are remarkably good and the user interface is also very accessible.

Kiran R.

The ease of use, their help center has lots of great information, webinars, templates, I like the templates they offer.

Cinnamon M.

Great, fast and very easy to use when you have zoho apps suite. My employees love it because of modern user interface and the functionality it provides - the most loved is leave management.

Alexandr T.

Cons

The mobile version is somewhat glitchy and does not work as well as it does on the desktop. There are moments when it would crash.

I was so disappointed after buying the product because after receiving an email to say that a training will be scheduled, no one initiated contact with me after that for almost a week.

Coleen C.

Almost each time i try to check in or check out i have to make sure the action is done because many time it's fail and there is no feedback or error displayed. The performance need improves.

hassan a.

Best app for your employees

Non intrusive, robust and easy to use hr tool.

Pros

This app is great for companies that don't have a clock in/out system, a file repository per each employee for HR documents and a company calendar with events or things that will be done in the company per employee. It's a valuable resource since it also provides geolocation limits so you can check where your employees are clocking in and out and securely host important documents like tax forms for your employees. You can also use it to tabulate the work hours an employee has made for the week or month and export it for you to use with any payroll programs. You can also keep track of personal days, vacation days and sick days. This is basically the best suit for managing employees. It has a mobile app as well! So you can clock in and out or view your documents on the go.

Cons

The mobile app can be a little buggy sometimes, they patch it a lot. But the geolocation feature, it's a little buggy since they've done improvements, because in the past you could spoof the location by faking the GPS coordinates, but now you cannot do that since it does some work with the IP Addresses to triangulate where you are, but sometimes it gets the location of the ISP and not from where you are, so sometimes you will have problems checking in and out.

Zoho Peoples Review

It is marginal over all

Pros

They have a lot of HR related resources pre-configured, time sheet and check-in/out services

Cons

not able to configure the time sheets to match our payroll cycle, it's only based on a bi-monthly or monthly calendar only. They take over 24 hrs to respond to any assistance needed

As usual with ZoHo - A good idea that's not working out

(I ran out of room in the "What did i like least) section.. so I'll continue here) The many many times I contacted support they were very slow to respond, unhelpful, and more than a little condescending... Many times I wound up skipping customer support and contacting the sales representative who was trying to get me to use the software (he was financially motivated to help me) Overall - Zoho People is an unrefined, difficult to use and poorly supported piece of software. I wish it weren't so! But.. alas...

Pros

There's a lot of conceptual things to like about zoho people - as with most Zoho products out there (And believe me.. I have tried just about all of them) There are a lot of great ideas.. Zoho promises the ability to track time, integrate with Zoho projects, track and measure performance, create employee profiles and in short manage every aspect of your employees. As i'll describe below - these things don't actually pan out the way they should. Since I have to pick one thing I like most about this software (That isn't theoretical) I would say it's ability to (almost) easily integrate with other zoho platforms - notably the various messaging systems

Cons

Zoho People is like every other Zoho software I have ever used - Too good to be true. What makes most of the zoho software so attractive seems to stem from two things... 1. The price is always fantastic 2. The marketing team is clearly miles ahead of the development team (in other words, it looks better than it is) With specific regard to Zoho people.. to start with, you definitely feel like...

Best Online Human Resource software till now in the market, with amazing user interface.

Easy to keep track of employees daily working hour record. Very user friendly to create online forums. Even yearly leaves and holidays can be tracked very easily. It saves lots of valuable time for feeling time sheets in a spreadsheets. All these features are done here dynamically.

Pros

Cons

Zoho people mobile app can be enhanced similar to zoho people web page version. In mobile app still I struggle to find the user details including user's document, marksheets and certificates. Even won't be able to upload documents(Ids like driving licence, office id..etc )in it.

Zoho People: All you need, plus more!

Overall our experience with Zoho People has been excellent, we are relying it as an integral part of how our organization works. The sales and support teams are fantastic and very friendly.

Pros

Zoho People has delivered and surpassed expectations. A cloud solution that covered our HR needs end-to-end. I liked the most hoe intuitive it is to use, no training whatsoever was needed to new employees to get them started using Zoho People. Only the common since everyone who has every used a web application was needed. The latest version also looks great, the user interface had a more than welcome update.

Cons

In prior versions there were some glitches here and there, but the support team has proved to be excellent as they managed to iron out all those little glitches in the most recent version.

Good product to start automating processes in your company

ok platform for the value.

Pros

Implementing Zoho People helped us automate some of the processes, such as leave requests, birthday celebrations, annual reviews reminders. I appreciate very much the flexibility of the platform, it is very customisable and supports particularities for various types of companies.

Cons

I had a tiny language barrier while implementing the platform. I can't think of anything else.

HR helper and organizer

Saved us a lot of time and manual work when it comes to people related HR operations. In the moment where our growth expanded, Zoho People simplified and automated bunch of things we tracked internally in some other tools.

Pros

Feature-set that we use complements our HR needs. Zoho People simplifies the most of the people organization, vacation and holiday tracking, leave and remote work management.

Cons

User experience could be improved, but recently they introduced new UI which I am checking atm, so hopefully this will be better.

All in one reporting and lerning tool

Overall experience is good. I do get notifications once my request is approved by my manager. I have access to all my company process, news, updates and policy on a single interface through this software.

Pros

Its highly secured as it need a otp to login into the accounts. The training manuals and learning database could be created so that the employees get the access to these information with ease.

Cons

I found the interface bit confusing. It could be modified a bit created it more user friendly. Getting tbe list of holidays within the calender was bit difficult and took my time to find it.

Affordable Human Resource and workforce system

Its prety easy to work with hence very short trainning period.

Pros

It is very easy to use and keeps our employee database very easily updated. It has almost a fiully employee cycle from employment do dismissal/resignation.

Cons

Does not have ontergration with Zoho Payrol if you are not in the USA or India hence requirring expenditure in a third party payrol solution.

Your One-Stop HR Portal

I really like the features that it has and that it is easy to use. I would definitely invest in it if I had my own company.

Pros

It's like having my own personal HR administrator on my laptop. Easy to use, to find documents or information that I need and to record information. Very easy to keep track of my working hours whilst working from home during the pandemic and the mobile app is fantastic.

Cons

Its kind of hard to use from an administration perspective initially, but once you get used to it - its much easier.

Great HRMS for the Money

great - has been an excellent step into the HRMS world from our spreadsheets and manual processes. Good support, great price, deep feature set.

Pros

Very reasonable pricing, with a great depth of features. You can customize everything, build out approvals, workflows, automation and even custom script entire new modules. If you use other products in the Zoho Suite, it has incredible integrations as well. It was a huge step up (but small commitment in terms of cost) from our spreadsheets and manual processes.

Cons

Complicated to set up - but that is expected given the level of customization, flexibility and functionality involved. HR is a complex thing - setting up HR Software to conform with your policies is too. But this software provides great value. Also, shifts feature was a bit lacking for how we operate, but that was not a critical feature need for us.

Really versatile and cost-effective HR system that allows a lot of customization

A very cost effective and versatile system overall.

Pros

Allows a great deal of customization, which is really important to me. Once you learn how to work with templates, it's very easy to go in and create online forms, and customize sections specific to your company. They are quite responsive to questions and generally get back to me very quickly. Calculations can be done in most any form, which again, once you learn, is a great tool. The cost is well below other systems that I've looked at, and I think I've researched them all! It's very cost-effective overall, which is great for small companies like mine.

Cons

There are some technical issues that I'm still waiting to have resolved, which would make this product even better. For instance, a scrolling page problem in their newest interface that forces me to expand the browser in order to do a vertical scroll. There is also an issue with dates reverting to a format I do not use (i.e., day then month, when the US version is month then day).

Time saving destination for HR management.

Pros

It is a good employee and company management tool. It helps to centralize all the data and make it available to different members of the team. This is very useful for all the workers to be on the same page. It has time tracking features which are useful to track the amount of time a particular project takes. The employees can update their strategies to work better in accordance with the inbuilt instant feedback system. A regular attendance tracking system is also present. This can help to maintain an accurate record of the absentees.

Cons

It is difficult to use for a small-scale company. The higher versions provide just the same features as the basic versions. Customer service is very slow in responding.

This software apps is very interesting.

Easy to keep tracking staffs record

Pros

Having relevant data immediately available makes decision-making easy. Good quality hr software allows for a number of relevant areas to be updated simultaneously and can ensure that remember to input useful and important information on all aspects of human resources. Manual record keeping is very time consuming because all related records have to be up dated by hand. Using software to record information...

Cons

Very difficult and hard to understand the formatting, do setting or customize what feature that we want.

Great HRMS tool for startups

Overall good tool to start your HR functions getting automated for small companies.For larger size companies, this won't be suitable for the end to end HR needs.

Pros

Zoho People is very user-friendly for the organization who is willing to automate their HR processes for the first time. Onboarding team of Zoho People provides a great 1 to 1 support to make end user comfortable with the functionalities of the software Flexible tool to match your organization's HR processes Covers most of the aspects of HR except payroll

Cons

Post onboarding of the tool, facing challenges with the support team as every time new engineer will get assigned to you No function available for recruitment management so it won't solve your hiring purpose

End to end profile/Employee management

Zoho and its products have enticed us to try and get all available products, we have tried trial for 6 months and bought at our office for long term use for our CEO. THis has made a real difference in growth of our productivity hence revenue.

Pros

TImesheets, Personal details storage, attendance, compensations, intricate details of every menu, complete control to admin to change and set up the desired configuration, I can say Zoho are working hard and delivering results. Perfectly working android app, makes it able to use all features on the move. Office restrictions as you need, technical and non-technical. Excel file reports are nearly un-editable, this ensures 100% valid.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app goes down or is under development.

A world-class workforce management solution great for any company size.

Pros

Our company is very happy we've implement Zoho People as an integrated HR management solution for our global workforce. Its ability to automate end-to-end workflow processes and provide self-service portals for employees eliminates the bottlenecks in the operation and is the perfect support our growing company needs to make onboarding, scheduling and even updating of employee information across relevant records quick and easy. The UI looks great and there are so many options for customization of our forms and sections. It also has an API for any integration you might need.

Cons

There might be a bit of a learning curve for some people when navigating the user interface at first. But once they got the hang of it, our end-users were quite happy with the great help that the software can provide the organization.

VERSATILE AND HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE

Pros

It is the kind of software that after some time, can complement your work-style and adjusts to your needs. It is highly customizable and versatile for any users. Employee management and Time Tracking is highly recommended, it is better than any other software with similar features.

Cons

Zoho People is a very simple and flexible HR platform that covers employee management operations

Pros

flexibility, ease of use, functionality and of course security of our data. Zoho People has an all in one solution from new hire to termination with room for customization

Cons

As with all software, there are many areas to improve. Zoho People team has been working hard to do just this as demand arise

zoho People

Less paper work , centralized all the leaves we have in the company . The workflow in the approvals is amazing . As for the employees experience , no more back and forth emails asking how many days left they for vacation , the dashboard can help them track the remaining days and all the records of their previous leaves.

Pros

The software has everything related to Leave types used in an organisation. Forms can be customized to our needs and even the creation of new forms is very easy and has helped our HR department save time /emails and paper work.

Cons

The main issue we faced with this software is the API limitation that has a maximum of 200 record per request. But other than that its perfect.

A good HR management software but can be improved.

Pros

I am using this HR management software with my current organization. It is very helpful and easy to use in regards to log my daily attendance, leave application and other HR related activities. It is easily integrated with other softwares which my organization uses. It is also very cost effective based on the features it provides.

Cons

The UI can be enhanced and sometimes it does lag while using certain features. This is my only recommendation to the Zoho team to work upon.

Customer Support is non existent

Very, very, very disappointed in the customer support at Zoho People. We tried calling customer support and got a voicemail. I have sent emails and no response. If the interface was more user friendly I would not have to call them. Coming from WIW the customer service was amazing. Now we don't even get a response.

Pros

Tons of features that some of the other time tracking programs don't have

Cons

Not the most user friendly. Then on top of that you are lucky to get anyone to respond to customer support inquiries.

A great integration of software between ZOHO; hassle-free employee management

Pros

The integration of different ZOHO products is a great and easy alternative for everyone who needs their features. With ZOHO People, I can manage our company’s employees right after hiring them. The possibility of transfer of the initial files from the database in ZOHO Recruit is an amazing start for this software. With ZOHO People, managing of attendance and leaves are possible, time clocks are available for employee time tracking and human resource management features are of great help to me.

Cons

The slow response from the tech support team is a little bit discouraging. One thing that needs improvement is the polishing of the great features that they already have. With the hundred of features they are trying to create and embellish into the software, there is no space for improvement.

Helps to enable intra business communication for your business enterprise.

Pros

Enables great collaboration and effective communication between employees. You can easily track the allocated tasks. The communication is quite quick thereby reducing the waiting time. It uses several channels like emails, chats, calls, and reminders, to get you connected with your team. you can check out the calendars and schedule events. The free version is rich in features, like you can add unlimited members and custom applications.

Cons

The task management module could include more features. It is quite difficult to set up the application. The application does not allow easy navigation.

Small businesses still need HR Apps

With Zoho People we can keep track of company leave time, log training hours, qualifications, request reimbursement for out of pocket expenses, everything we used to do with countless spreadsheets. We are a small business but it save a lot of time to have everything on Zoho

Pros

No more dealing with spreadsheets, set up People and keep all the information from each year online at your fingertips.

Cons

You do have to build all of the forms yourself unless can make do with the pre-fab ones. It's not hard work but don't expect a ready made template when you have company specific forms you want to use.