ClubExpress Reviews

4.59/5 (37 reviews)

Matthew Hoelscher

End Board Member Burnout

Reviewed 2018-07-03

More members, easier event planning, and marketing. We were recognized by our Global leadership for doubling our membership 2 years after implementation. Other chapters have asked for our help in implementing the same software and procedures. We used free tools like Gmail, MailChimp, Weebly and Paypal. Nothing spoke to each other and our membership database was a nightmare. Membership, programming, and treasurer each kept separate databases and our records were a mess. Our committee did an exhaustive review of 5 software packages before deciding on Club Express. Now everything is in one place. We have doubled our membership and cut the workload for board members in half. 2 years after implementation our chapter was recognized for our leadership. Club Express was the reason. Simply automating renewals and dues reminders was huge. Tracking attendance and collecting satisfaction polls helped up to create programs that better serve our membership. The integration with the website keeps everyone informed. New events show up on the calendar. New members show up in our searchable member database from the homepage.

Reiff Lorenz

Solved all the problems of running an organization

Reviewed 2018-01-23
Review Source: Software Advice

With ClubExpress, we can run a large organization in just a few hours a month.Total integration of web site, membership services, email capabilities, forums, blogs, committees, photo albums, and events. Organizations can designate people to be administrators of one or more of these functions, or even subsets of them (like an individual blog, or photo album.) The recent addition of the "collectables" module lets organizations track items as well as people (ie: car clubs can keep track of cars.) Customer service is terrific. That's not something you can say about many service companies these days! They have better prices than competing services, and updates to the service don't cost extra.

Judy Tschirgi

Terrific Platform for clubs

Reviewed 2018-09-14

We are a garden club of about 200 members and needed a website that would allow us to have a central database for members, documents, and photos; manage events; manage emailings; and be relatively easy to update quickly and be very cost-effective. Plus we were looking for good customer support. Club Express has delivered on all aspects of this. In particular, their customer support (which I don't need very much because the platform is very easy to use), is fantastic. And they constantly improve the software too, taking lots of input from users. Overall, a great product, specifically built for Clubs and Associations. They really understand their target audience.Centralized database for our membership and club documents that makes creating emails with newsletters (that are then available on the website) so easy.

Chad Plasters

A Lot of Features in One Place

Reviewed 2018-12-13

As a club with over 400 members, ClubExpress has made it easy to maintain current memberships and automate membership renewals. This software provides much of the needed features we need to maintain our club and provide the best benefits for our members.

Richard Stillie

Great membership management tool for clubs and organizations

Reviewed 2018-09-10

Our club has had an excellent overall experience this this management tool. It has cut our membership management time down drastically and allows easy access to the records anytime anyplace. Great investment for our club. This online membership management tool has it all; from managing members, communicating with members, to great website design. An all inclusive suite at a great reasonable cost based off of number of users (members).

Paul Mollway

ClubExpress does a lot of things right, some not quite so well, and one thing I hate.

Reviewed 2014-09-21

With ClubExpress, you can have a really good club website. The function of taking online payments for dues, events, etc. works very well. It IS an advantage that multiple (as many as you'd like) can have control over, and make changes to, various parts of your website. The calendar function is quite versatile, and our club finds it most useful. Having an online membership directory is great -- as long as your club members are willing to maintain their own information. The ability to maintain both a member and non-member database is very useful. Is it easy to use? That's a matter of opinion. I'd say some things are fairly easy, and some things are more complex than they should be. Changing some things on the website can be very complicated and time consuming. The Administrator/User Manual is 706 pages for a reason -- THERE IS A LOT TO LEARN. And that is in addition to more than 60 video tutorials. The email editor (at least the last time I used it) is very poor. Many things about administering ClubExpress could be made easier. On a positive note, they continually are working on improvements and fixes for the software. The one thing I absolutely hate: ClubExpress only works well with QuickBooks financial software, NOT QUICKEN. I find Quicken much, much, much easier to use for financial record-keeping for a small (200-300 member) club. QuickBooks, in my opinion, is way too complicated for our needs. Please keep in mind that these comments are one person's opinion, not those of our club as a whole.

Nikki Berry

IACME Online

Reviewed 2018-09-13
Review Source: Software Advice

would recommend especially if you do not have much experience managing a website as it is much easier than I expectedgreat experience from initial set up to current day to day operations they have always been helpful and quick to respond and from an admin perspective our club express website is easy to navigate, features and functions are easy to find and implement

Danielle Fraser

I find some of the functionality to be 'hidden' so it takes some time to figure out how to use it.

Reviewed 2018-01-18

Helps with membership renewal; tracks event registration; financial reporting is easy to use.The support is great - when I need help, they reply back quickly to questions and they offer various solutions.

Camelia Webb

Best Bang for the Buck

Reviewed 2018-12-26

Affordable, reliable, great customer support

Randy Silbaugh

Works great for our association

Reviewed 2018-12-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Our association was not very good at managing membership lists with like 5 different ones floating around and not very good at tracking new members and getting renewal out , club express pretty much handles all this automatically. Membership Database is great for us managing members Photo Hosting is great for our historical photos, lots of shoe boxes have been transferred to the website, ease of use I'm not a web programmer and managed to figure this out.

Joanne LaSalle

Another Upgrade? Yes, thank you!

Reviewed 2015-02-12

The Arizona Women Lawyers Association (AWLA) has used CLubExpress for a few years. CE has continually moved forward and embraced changes in technology and social media over the years. It is easy to use after you find out where everything is located on the menu (as an administrator) and the last upgrade to a newer look and feel went smoothly. We now have access to all the new goodies they have developed with their latest release. The modular approach in their software and the ability to write custom pages with ease, allows any organization to implement the software without the need of an IT person. The best part is, that when you do need someone, the people answering the emails are quick, fast and full of ideas. I really commend the support staff (Geoffrey and Amy!) and as an administrator I couldn't ask for an easier product to use or better assistance when I need it. The best part is you get all the upgrades without disruption to the business. There have been very few bleeps over the years and many many upgrades, all of which allow my organization to continue to use the product as we grow our membership. My best answer to other companies that try to woo me into looking at their product is to ask, "What does your software do that I need for my business that CE doesn't?" It's a very short phone call.

Dusty Portie

Webmaster and Membership Director for two Corvette Clubs in the New Orleans, LA area.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

It is so very easy to use. Great support from Club Express, any time needed. Our members love what they can do, by themselves.

ST Rogers

Club Express Web Platform is Excellent

Reviewed 2018-09-12
Review Source: Software Advice

It does everything we need to manage our non-profit, from the web page to the collection of dues to the notifications of upcoming events. Very comprehensive and user friendly. The company also provides regular webinars to help administrators understand the software platform and upgrades to it.

Joe Kirkland

We are happy at Memphis Investors Group

Reviewed 2014-09-19

Club Express is an excellent choice for us at the Memphis Investors Group. Not only does the site offer us web site maintenance but it offers event registration and membership and database management. It integrates with QuickBooks and offers photo hosting, forums and blog hosting. Their support is incredible. They are responsive both by phone and email as well as hosting their own support forum. The platform is extremely flexible and easy for us to use without having to become "nerds", but, it also offers very sophisticated tolls if needed. The online user manual is over 600 pages and very thorough but understandable. The representatives are helpful and will work with you when necessary. The designers can do just about anything you need. The software and interface are in a constant state of enhancement. The programming is always adding new features and making the current ones better. Every time there are new features there is an update to the manual and an email to administrators giving the details. We have also found their pricing to be very reasonable. The email is spam compliant. There are really too many features to list. Basically, Club Express is a great partner for us and responsive to our needs. I would recommend them to other clubs and organizations.

Kris Self

Love the ease of use for design and implementation

Reviewed 2018-01-23
Review Source: Software Advice

I have been designing and implementing solutions for over 25 years. This has been the easiest design and implementation I have ever experienced. Also my users are 70 and 80 years old. They are able to use the system with very little hand holding. It is very easy and quick to put together. The tech support is outstanding. There is almost never any hold time. They speak fluent English and are very knowledgable.

Benny Calderone

Ease of use! Helped streamline all of our operations

Reviewed 2018-02-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Great team behind a great product! We are a business networking group, launched the system as a new website and member portal in October 2017 and have been very pleased with Club Express. User functionality & intuitive design. Ability to set up dedicated app for members Easy administrator event and member tracking

Shari Fruechte

Club Express has increased interaction with our members and potential members.

Reviewed 2018-07-17

Ease of use and functionality. The friendly, accessible and knowledgeable technical support are wonderful to work with and have been a great asset to our process. We also appreciate all of the functionality and features that Club Express offers that are needed by clubs and associations. The no annual fee is a big plus; as well as your pricing structure. The low monthly fee for each member and non-member, only passing on the card processing fees charged by the processor (with no additional transaction fees), and low one-time fees for upgrades are appreciated.

Steven Finder

Using Club Express for a Ski Club

Reviewed 2014-07-19

After hosting our own website for many years, we switched last year to Club Express. We looked at a number of other website platforms but Club Express seemed to be the best. So far, our experience has been positive. It has made it simpler to manage our club activities and ski trips. We are quite happy with our use of Club Express. Initially, Club Express did a great job at managing small one day events, but was actually in some ways not set up to handle multiday activities like ski trips that may have a lot of moving parts (travel, airline tickets, transfers, lodging, single supplements, ski lifts, rentals, etc, etc). I spent a lot of time talking to the administrators about what we needed. The first year (last ski season) was difficult and forced us to set up our trips in a non-intuitive manner, but they listened to what we needed and rolled out a number of improvements to the website that fully addressed our needs for managing a large trip. Our trip leaders are excited about using Club Express to manage our trips next Winter. We have no regrets about our switch to Club Express.

Chris Wong

Very Good and Easy to Use

Reviewed 2018-01-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Very User friendly. Integration phase. Easy to navigate to obtain information and financials. The customer service is outstanding, always receive a response in a timely manner. Great value for cost.

Tony Peach

PRO-ACTIVE SUPPORT

Reviewed 2018-10-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Keep up the wonderful improvements. Great job to all at ClubExpress!As an 'administrator' with only very basic knowledge of HTML initially some of the functions were difficult to apply. However prompt replies to questions eliminated the problems for me generally. The site improvements during the past year have been excellent.

Alan Finlayson

Good Experience with Clubexpress

Reviewed 2018-09-21
Review Source: Software Advice

The software greatly simplifies the administrative work of membership management, event management, and website development. Their built-in web pages eliminates the high risk areas of web development such as database access and credit card processing. Your organization can focus on web content.

David Thompson

Ferrari Club Pacific Region

Reviewed 2014-09-20

Overall I find the tool excellent. I have found some recent changes have introduced complexity which is not needed. In the past I have had the ability to display a list and browse, now I have to remember a name, or at least the first letter in order to display the file. Response time is increasingly slower, I have a fast network and know when a network issue is causing problems, however, like many software companies, it is always assumed the users PC or network that is to blame for issues. The forum is not maintained as expected when it was introduced, entries are often not acknowledged in a timely manner. I do not see any user involvement in the testing of new features, they just happen. If there was involvement or at least advance notice of intentions the application would be much friendlier. All that said, I still feel this is an excellent application, and well worth the money.

Jack Harper

Using ClubExpress to manage your club

Reviewed 2014-09-20

Our real estate investment club has been using ClubExpress for over 5 years. I honestly don't have anything negative to say about it. 1. It's very affordable. There is no large up-front or long-term financial commitment. 2. The customer service is great. I have always received prompt responses and quick resolutions. 3. Features - I can't imagine needing a feature that this site does not already handle. It is very robust. More importantly, you can pretty much just ignore the features that your club does not need. They don't really get in the way of your core club needs. 4. Technology - CE has a nice pace to how often they 'upgrade' their technology. The product is upgraded often enough to keep it fresh and useful to club members. The changes have always been done such that our club members have never really needed any re-training. That has never been an issue for our club.

Ed Pennypacker

Help for a Novice

Reviewed 2018-10-25
Review Source: Software Advice

I searched hard to find them and they have not disappointed. I knew practically nothing about organizing a website to suit our new organization. Their technical help made it happen! I had to provide lists of members and a bunch of pictures, they did the rest. AND, they patiently taught me how to do it too!

Jean Davis

Ski Club real happy with Club Express

Reviewed 2014-10-24

I changed our ski club over in 2009 to Club Express and have been happy with it for all these years. They continue to add features, fix bugs, and are very quick with tech support. We especially rely on the Trips calendar and the Discussion Forums. It is also essential to use that members can signup and renew online and maintain their own personal info. Our financial part is real simple so we probably don't use all the stuff in that area that some clubs need. It is important to me that we can export the member data easily too. The one little disadvantage is I can't look up a member online by their address but I can do it with the exported database. Club Express has so many features for such a low per-member cost -- awesome.