eSPACE Reviews

eSPACE

We focus on your facility so you can focus on your mission.

eSPACE

Review Summary

Pros

Having this software helps our facility team have a great overview of events in the near future and a great glimpse of things coming up to anticipate.

Amy A.

Read the full review
Customer support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] specifically has been fantastic. She's been prompt, courteous and helpful as she answers my rudimentary questions.

Eric F.

Read the full review
I love just about everything about the software, but my favorite thing is the easy to use interface along with the EXCELLENT customer support. Has been a great company to work for.

Lee C.

Read the full review

Cons

I have brought this to their attention several times, but it is not fixed. This is crucial for the work I do, and it is ridiculous that this doesn't work.

Christina V.

Read the full review
ESpace is sometimes difficult to use across a variety of different platforms and devices. Outdated devices will have trouble interfacing with it.

David H.

Read the full review
The calendar section of the website. Sometimes it can be confusing.

Dylan J.

Read the full review

Highly satisfied, improved operational efficiencies, better organized multi-site management

Pros

We have been very pleased with the transition over to eSpace. The software has helped us to be much more effective across six campus locations and managing work requests that originate from our 150+ clients. The Preventative Maintenance function makes future planning easy so that I can focus on the proactive responsibilities of my job, rather than trying to remember when the boiler inspection is...

Cons

The cons more come from our side in that so many functions are available to us that we under utilize for the betterment of our facilities. Without much time spent within the software, it can feel overwhelming. But this in no way reflects our overall satisfaction of the product.

Bradd...thanks for the feedback. Let us know if any additional training is needed for your team. Tim Cool

Great Software Package

Our experience has been great. We came from a clunky system where it was hard to search and find items or work orders or equipment. We are able to take full advantage of most of the program and it works well with our maintenance and grounds keeping needs.

Pros

The ease of use and storage of information.

Cons

The un-customizable pieces within a work order.

Christine: Thank you for the review. I would welcome your input on which components of the work order should/could be customizable. Thanks Tim Cool Founder

My review

I love how fast and easy it is to contact support. They are always quick and polite with responses. I love the conversation option within events which is very helpful especially with staff turnover to have the notes all in one spot.

Pros

I like the calendar view and for the most part the ease of use with setting up an event. Some details are harder to remember to include with my events especially when I don't enter events often.

Cons

Some of the reporting is quirky and incomplete. For example: An event that spans over 2-3 days consecutively only shows the first day of the event in the set up report so I need to be extra careful to look in other places to make sure I have all the info. I would love a report that shows all the info of an event in one spot as I export this info to a PDF to share with my team as our tasks are split up per event.

Bonnie: Thank you for the input. I have asked Lorrie from our team to reach out and see if she can be of assistance. Tell Jason Powell I said HEY! Tim Cool tim@coolsolutionsgroup.com

Great customer support

Pros

It's user friendly while still having the available options for all our event and building schedule needs.

Cons

I'm still new to the software so I can't really pick out anything as of yet. The one part I had trouble with is figuring out the 'route' a request takes once submitted. It would be a nice feature to designate the order of specific individuals the request has pass through during the approval process.

Eric: Thank you for the review and feedback. Please feel free to let our team know of any feature enhancements we can help with. Tim Cool Founder

eSpace is the event management solution we needed

Overall it's been a very positive experience. We were looking for something to fix a difficult software experience that our users were facing and eSpace has knocked it out of the park. The initial call we completed with eSpace was incredibly helpful and the pricing also made it a no-brainer for us. Very happy we've made the switch.

Pros

I liked that the developers really thought through the event management process from beginning to end and were very thorough. It's hard to find a system that fits our workflow and the features in eSpace fit almost exactly what we were looking for.

Cons

Lack of SSO, some information is not accessible in the API, some permissions quirks.

Luke: Thank you for the review. I would love to hear more about what you all mean by SSO. We hear this a fair amount, but we have 5-6 different definitions of what SSO should be and to date, do not have a concise direction. Any input would be great. Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

Excellent Calendaring & Room Request Website

We needed eSpace when we left our previous Church Management system (Ministry Platform) and went to a new one that we were really excited about (Touchpoint). Touchpoint did not have a built-in calendar and room requesting feature as Ministry Platform did. What we found on eSpace were a thorough, detail-oriented, excellent calendar and room/resource request website and software. eSpace is excellent, and is continuing to grow and improve, and will even be integrating with our church management software soon!

Pros

Ease of use, detail-oriented and thorough.

Cons

The user interface feels somewhat dated.

Great feedback Brian. We would welcome any other feedback you may be able to provide. Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

Great to see multiple events at the same time

I may not use it as much as others but it has been an overall average experience. I think it could be done in less steps to create events.

Pros

Seems pretty simple to learn and fortunately we have someone on staff who knows it well and was trained, so we can ask questions when help is needed.

Cons

The multiple steps it takes to complete an event.

Louanne: Thanks for the review and input. I am not sure if you are aware of the QUICK EVENT option to speed up the event creation process. Here is an article on this feature. https://support.smartchurchsolutions.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037470231-Quick-Event-Create Merry Christmas. Tim Cool Founder

We Love E-Space

Pros

It is very easy to use. It was designed in such a way that our church could use it with very little modifications.

Cons

I really do not know of anything that I do not like.

Jim: Thank you for your support and friendship. Merry Christmas and happy retirement! Tim Cool

Great event reservation and work order tool.

very satisfied, always updating, the espace team is consistently sends updates and to the platform that makes it more user friendly

Pros

We have a high number of events and it helps us manage two campuses effectively. We utilize almost every space on campus for meetings and events and it allows us to not overbook areas. Just recently started using Work Order Management and very pleased. It helps streamline my teams efforts and makes them more productive.

Cons

Steve....thank you for the review. Let us know if there is anything else we can do to serve you. Tim Cool

Great Planning Tool

Our overall experience with eSpace has been satisfactory​. It's an amazing tool that really helps our staff be on the same page.

Pros

We have used eSpace for years and love how we can all be on the same page about what areas of our building is being used. My favorite feature though is being able to embed the calendar on our website.

Cons

There are times where the notifications are wonky. I'll get emails to approve an event that isn't something that I'm responsible for. That may be an internal issue, but that's the only complaint I can think of.

Thank you Lauren for the kind words and comments.

Well made, easy to setup and use. Highly flexible software. Actively developed and supported.

Great work order and event management functionality.

Pros

The software has a low learning curve and is intuitive. Customer service is responsive and helpful. Work orders can be submitted without a login. Work orders can contain custom forms to aid in more complex or unique requests. eSpace has mobile apps for iOS and Android (most work order systems rely on mobile webpages too much). Great modules to support assets ("Equipment"), inventory, and recurring...

Cons

The software is lacking some advanced functionality. There is some give and take to have an event management system and work order system tied together in one system. The list of rooms/spaces is truly a mess (very clunky to navigate, constant issues with users selecting multiple rooms by accident because it is not remotely intuitive). The Android app is slow to load work orders (seems to be due to the app attempting to load rooms/spaces). Customer service is responsive, but always tells you to go vote on features rather than giving timelines. Voting on a potential cool new feature is perfectly fine, but having to vote on critical functionality is simply an annoyance.

Ryan: Great Feedback. Would love to hear more about what WBC sees as critical functionality. That will help me and our team determine priorities for all out subscribers. Also, we do offer some custom coding options for clients that need features that may not be on the "road-map". Thanks Tim Cool

Some "likes" some "dislikes"

It has been a fairly positive change from what we used before but would love to see some of the cons listed above changed.

Pros

I like the fact that events are shown on the calendar even before they are final approved.....sometimes they get held up in our organization yet our facilities guys can see it anyway and therefore do the necessary setup.

Cons

I don't like how the sub-admin approvals work. As an administrator it is too easy for me to give my pre-approval and my approval inadvertently bypassing the sub-admin when their approval is critical. I wish there was a safeguard against this. I like being able to view the history of an event but wish there was a little more detail on date and time changes. I like the fact that each category can have their own color but don't like that it takes up another line in the calendar view.....we don't use it because of this. Would like it if the event name just took on the color instead of adding another line with the colored box.

Nancy: Thank you for your review and candor. Pre-approvals will not by-pass the Sub-Admins; however, it is important for the Admin to not have the user permission setting "Default Auto Approve On". Also, the Admins must always be sure to expand their "Requires Administrative Approval" grid, to see what items are outstanding and not select approve until all items associated to an approval area have been approved. You can also select the clock icon within the grid to see what is actually pending approval. I am sure you are aware that you can post ideas for others to vote on at the link below. This forum is what our development team reviews when considering what items are to be developed. http://support.espace.cool/forums/261233-event-scheduler Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

eSpace Event Software

This software package has been a real advancement to our event scheduling process. Going from a paper, sneaker net process to an online one has really made our administrative assistants life easier. The support I get from the Cool Solutions staff has been outstanding!! I would definitely recommend this software to any organization that has events on their campus and looking for a way to make it an easier process.

Pros

1. Ease of use. New users have had very little problems using this software from the 2 word documents I created for new users and give to them before they can use the software to create an event. 2. Ease of making changes. The software makes changes and applies all the way through all existing events on our calendar. 3. Functionality of the software meeting our needs. Providing this as an online process, having the calendar ported over to our website and being able to print weekly and month calendars is a real plus.

Cons

There have been a couple of very littles things that would have been cool to have but I understand it is very difficult to meet the needs of every organizations little differences so I cannot enter any Cons!!

Denis: Thank you for the encouragement and review. What a blessing to read your review. Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

eSPACE makes all our facility work possible!

Modernized our work order system. Standardized the information our set up teams receive about each event.

Pros

This is the most comprehensive and easiest to use facility management software I have ever used. We have been able to improve our event set up progress both in accuracy (not missing a resources) and on time completion (having the set up ready). Our housekeeping team has been able to utilize the Maintenance PM feature to modernize how we know what to clean when. Before this feature daily lists had to be created to each housekeeper which often changed week to week. Now each housekeeper can access their daily work order which is recurring week to week. The customer support is also great! Any issue I have has been resolved quickly or implemented as a future development making the software better for everyone.

Cons

Sometimes changes occur or new features are added that you hear very little about. Also if Items from the post idea wall get enough votes to be implemented send a notification and reward the users who have ideas implemented.

Erik....thanks for the feedback. Would love to know what added information we could provide you in addition to the WHAT'S NEW notifications. We want to make sure you are getting what is needed. Thanks Tim Cool

Excellent products

Espace and all its modules have helped us manage too use, invoice for fees, and faculty management

Pros

Flexibility of setup and use. Mobility.

Cons

It didn’t have invoicing when we started using but they developed and added soon after

Russ...great to hear from you. Thank you for the review and your incredible support as we developed the Billing and Invoicing module. Merry Christmas Tim Cool

Excellent Facility Scheduling Software

eSpace has streamlined our scheduling process and allows all staff members to participate,thus lessening the work load on the facility staff.

Pros

The ability to easily schedule a large number of rooms and being able to see any and all potential conflicts.

Cons

Inability to select all rooms with one click when scheduling a building closure. It takes extra time to individually select each room for a closure.

John: Thank you so much for the review and support over the years. As for the selecting all spaces....I have asked our team to review. Tell you team MERRY CHRISTMAS Tim Cool

Overall its been a win/win for us and love it.

Pros

We like the ease of use, very easy and user-friendly.

Cons

1 - Under the "Setup TAb - "configuration" (which is the indicator of how space should be set up) should be a "required" field since it is critical for every room reservation. We find people tend to forget this and then we have to go back and follow up with them nearly every time. 2 - Under the "Setup Tab - Instead of "Edit" this should say something that would trigger the end user such as "Add Configuration" or Add Details - Add Notes....People again tend to miss this because they don't clearly understand what they are "editing" and then again, its not a "required field (which it should be). 3. It would be good if "attachments" could be more visible instead of being hidden under "optional settings". People again tend to miss this feature.

Michelle: Thanks you for your input and suggestions. I appreciate the "required field" suggestions. We have debated these for years as some people would benefit from making them required, while most of our subscribers have told us they prefer not to make them required. Please feel free to share this with our customer support team if it continues to be an issue. Tim Cool Founder

Using eSpace and working with the support team has consistently been a pleasant experience for me.

Pros

The ability to have a calendar easily accessible to our entire staff that also manages the room reservations with straightforward steps to create an event has become a vital element of our office life. Operating within eSpace is intuitive and the adjusting the settings is simple, allowing for maximum functionality according to varying needs.

Cons

In the most recent upgrade, the Spaces and Services into an "Items" tab, which does mean that our team is no longer forced to see the Services page - we are not in the habit of looking for the Services and now it's too easy to "Next" over to the subsequent steps without seeing that section. This is particularly problematic for when different teams on our staff run reports based on the services requested for events, yet many of the events needing a service have not asked for them by accident.

Patricia: Thank for the feedback on "Items". Very helpful for our team to know the real-life applications of our subscribers. Thanks! Tim Cool

Uh oh.... can I undo that?

It has been helpful, but it is not intuitive enough to be something you do in a hurry. I'm very quick with computers and new software, but I really have to stop and think through what I'm doing with this one. As a weekly user to add or update events, not the administrator, and being short-handed in my department, I'm often using it on the go to rearrange reservations/schedules and multitasking another task or two at the same time. For things that can't be undone, a "Sure you want to do that?" would be helpful.

Pros

I love that I have the ability to update my reservation for a space with additional dates, schedules, and set up information as we draw closer to an event. Also, it allows us to really customize our available services as we need to over time. I love that I can keep a weekly event going through to the next year and beyond by just adding additional dates to the calendar. We also have it set up for me to approve events and services in the building I'm in charge of so that I can manage those events well or veto them.

Cons

If you you are adding a schedule to an ongoing event, but decide to cancel said addition of schedule because the availability is not there for it to be approved, you could be like me and inadvertently end up cancelling an entire major event and not just the schedule that has been approved and ongoing all year with NO WAY to undo the cancellation.

Holly...thank you so much for the great input. Love the idea. Are there other things that would help make this tool more productive for you? Merry Christmas Tim Cool Founder

A new user's perspective

So for I am liking this software. I work in adult ministries and handle 100+ different small groups, studies and events every semester for over 4000 adults. We joke at our church that our building is an "event venue that does church". We are swapping rooms constantly from ladies classes or senior events in the mornings to meetings in the afternoons to support groups in the evenings. I think the software will be helpful.

Pros

seems intuitive; I can go back to add something I forgot very easily and not have to click back through pages that didn't change. When I had questions - the help chat was great with info and response time.

Cons

I wish that the ability to add the "last meeting/month before it ends" notification to a contact about the last occurrence before the event is submitted. At my church where we are using this, most of my events have an outside (of staff) contact that is the one making the reservation. Currently I add them as a contact and the event has to be approved and then I have to go back into the event to mark...

Karen: Thank you so much for the feedback. I would like to explore this further with our development team. Thanks again. Tim Cool tim@coolsolutionsgroup.com

Great Product for growing campus

Pros

The amount of features and integrations that are available are quite vast. While the software works well for smaller uses, as our campus continues to grow I'm really coming to love and appreciate the huge amount of options that are available for use. Also, the customer service is absolutely top notch. You can get ahold of someone at almost anytime, and they are always happy to help. They are also actively prowling their suggestion board and adding in user requests.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is the limitations placed on the different levels of the software. I find myself needing 1 small element of a higher priced tier, but not willing to pay the price to upgrade because I won't use the rest of those features.

Kenny - Thanks for the feedback. Which added feature do you need that is not in your current tier? Tim Cool

It's been frustrating learning the quirks with the system, but overall not terrible.

Pros

The customer support has been the best part of this software. I also really appreciate the constant updates that occur.

Cons

I think that this system could use a lot of work. There are constant updates which I really appreciate, but I think the sofware isn't nearly as intuitive as it should be. I can go to many websites and fill in information, click the NEXT button, and go to the page that I think I should go to. This system isn't like that. I click NEXT and it takes me to a different area. Or I think I'm submitting something, but it doesn't work the way I want. I'm a 33 year old, tech savvy woman who only has issues with eSpace. Yes, there are countless articles and videos to watch to learn how to do something, but I think if the system was set up better, these aids wouldn't be necessary all of the time.

Gretchen: Thank you for your candor. I would welcome any specific suggestions for the work flow and intuitiveness. Feel free to email us at support@coolsolutionsgorup.com to further this discussion. Thanks Tim Cool

It is a user friendly software. Good for booking a large number of rooms for one event.

It is a time saver and easy to use. I did not handle the purchase of this software, our business operations department coordinated the purchase.

Pros

Since the improvements have been made, I can now enter a large number of rooms for one event, so that is making my job easier. It is easy to read and follow. When I have had a question, or an issue, the customer support has been wonderful.

Cons

When I have used the schedules piece, it seems to be very confusing for our Buildings and Grounds people to read at their end. Even though I have booked rooms at certain times, they don't appear on the calendar the way I have booked them, so I have stopped using the schedules for that reason.

Nancy: Great to hear from you. Would love to learn more about the issue you are having with the schedules. Is this for the WORK ORDERs or the Event? Thanks Tim Cool

eSpace is used to manage the resources and space needed for on campus meetings and events.

Pros

Quickly and easily allows staff to customize singular and ongoing meetings/events. Public events are immediately added to our church calendar upon approval, which can be linked to event pages making it easy for our guests to access information. We use eSpace for it's most basic functions, but it's been an invaluable planning tool for scheduling, resources and setup for 40+ on campus meetings/events per week.

Cons

The latest update makes editing events and spaces more difficult than previous versions. Users often think they've complete the form without selecting the final submit button, leaving events in draft form and requiring follow-up.

Lisa...thanks for the review. Would love to learn more about which of the changes are causing the greatest confusion for your team. Thanks Tim Cool

We use eSpace at our church to help our Facilities personnel keep track of a variety of tasks.

Pros

We greatly value eSpace's capability to provide a readily available mobile interface for our Facilities personnel to access and use for work orders, from event setups to repairs and everything in between. The eSpace app has allowed us to move away from using paper notes on clipboards to an entirely digital system that we can use to track work order completion, as well as time of completion and who completed it.

Cons

eSpace's interface can at times be messy, cluttered, and a little difficult to navigate. Some of our employees have expressed that the mobile app lacks certain features to make navigating it easy and intuitive. Despite these issues, however, eSpace has been very communicative and helpful, and are always implementing features that greatly assist with problems that arise.

Hi Adam...thank you for your review. Please do not hesitate to provide us suggestions in the POST AN IDEA section. We love learning from our clients. Tim Cool