3CX Logo

3CX communications system. Web & mobile apps (Android, iOS)

3CX Reviews

Suggested alternatives

aircall
bitrix24
kixie

The quality of the recorded calls is amazing and it makes them very useful for training purposes. 3CX gives you a lot of freedom to organize the call list in a way that works for you.
Great integration with existing system, and helped us streamline the forwarding/holding/transferring process. VM to inbox was amazing.
Support from the manufacturer is simply outstanding as there knowledge base and support team go the extra mile to help you.
The vendor that we bought it from spent no time training us and we had several system issues that tarnished our experience.
We stopped wasting money on LANDLINES and chose 3CX as out internet phone PBX.
It can be slow and it's closed-source, which really annoys us.

KB

Kelsey B.

Information Technology Specialist

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

More Bang for Your Buck!

Transcript

Kelsey B.: My name's Kelsey, and I'm an IT specialist for a volunteer fire department in rural south...

Hello Kelsey! Thank you for your video review of 3CX. We're happy to hear about your positive experiences and appreciate you taking the time to share them in a video format!

Mario M.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Your phone - everywhere

Pros

Working from anywhere or from any device, seamlessly integrated with our Microsoft 365 system.

Cons

Occasional issue after upgrade (missed note under release for some feature change).

Hi Mario, thank you for your positive review on 3CX! We are glad to hear that 3CX has helped you easily manage your work-related needs. Our primary focus is to provide seamless features for your convenience! For any issues you may face, you can reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance via the Live Chat bubble found on www.3cx.com or by email: customers@3cx.com

TM

Tialee M.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Pros

The software is easily maneuvered, the calls are made once dialled out and the software gets updated frequently. The calls are recorded and recording produce in approximately and hour after completed. You can easily tap in and monitor a call that an agent is on as well as it provides a chat feature.

Cons

What i liked least about this feature is that there was an issue when you log break there is no way of monitoring how long you were logged for. Unless it's done by the master controller 3cx.

Hi Tialee. Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are super glad to hear 3CX provided you with the flexibility and cost-efficiency to help your business.

BM

Bridget M.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Why change what isn't broken

Pros

It is handy to have my business line call and record calls while using my cell phone. I prefer to not give my cell phone number out to customers so by calling from the app on my phone, customers do not know that I am not at my desk.

Cons

The app for my desktop changed a few years back and is now huge. It is not very convenient to leave up on the desktop anymore as it covers a large majority of my icons. When the change happened, we also were not able to use our busy light feature anymore.

Hello Bridget, Thank you for your review. We appreciate you highlighting the benefits of using the mobile app for business calls. Regarding the desktop app, we understand your concern about its size. Visual changes often accompany system updates as the software evolves. We now offer a Windows softphone, which might be a more suitable option for you. You can find more information about the Windows softphone at https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/windows-softphone-app/. If you have any further questions please reach out to 3CX Customer Service team via Live Chat bubble found on our website and they will be happy to answer your questions.

JF

Jessica F.

Great Product

Pros

Low cost, easy to setup and works great for medium - small businesses. Haven't personally setup for any large companies.

Cons

Using VoIP is great but quality can be bad if your internet is not stable.

Hi Jessica! Thank you for your positive review! We're glad to hear that you find our product cost-effective and easy to set up for medium to small businesses. We understand that VoIP quality can depend on internet stability. For optimal performance, a stable and strong internet connection is recommended.

SH

Sam H.

Computer Networking, self-employed

3CX Phone software review

I definitely enjoy working and managing 3CX. It makes managing and monitoring my calls in a busy modern workplace a breeze!

Pros

I really like their phone console. It allows everyone to easily manage and monitor their calls throughout the busy work day. That is the best part of their tool.

Cons

The way that phones interface with the management software can sometimes be flaky. Especially when it comes to the timecode functions.

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into improving timecode functions

Thilina D.

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

A Seamless Communication Solution: 3CX Software Review

3CX has been an invaluable asset for our team. Its user-friendly interface, unified communication features, and rich functionality have transformed the way we collaborate and interact with clients. The reliability and cost-effectiveness of the system make it a top choice for our call centre's day-to-day work. I highly recommend giving 3CX a try.

Pros

With 3CX, everything is unified under one roof. We can make and receive calls, send messages, and hold video conferences seamlessly. The software also integrates smoothly with Microsoft 365, which has significantly improved our team's efficiency.

Cons

3CX relies on a stable internet connection. Even the slightest change will impact your experience. Compared to the previous software we had, this is an ongoing issue we're still trying to find a solution to.

Hi Thilina, and thank you so much for taking the time to review 3CX! We really appreciate your kind words. We are glad to hear that 3CX has been an invaluable asset for you and your team!

Rongen R.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

3CX is an all-around telephony service for any organisation

So far it's good. It works 24/7 without failure. Love the support we're getting.

Pros

I like that 3CX works for start up and mid to large size companies. The price is reasonable. Integrations with Hubspot and other SMS apps are available.

Cons

There's no Caller ID feature, and no native SMS function.

Hi Rongen, we appreciate your feedback on 3CX! We are glad to hear that you find the pricing of 3CX reasonable, making it accessible to businesses of different scales. Regarding the Caller ID, 3CX offers flexibility in formatting incoming Caller ID numbers, allowing administrators to customize the presentation to meet their specific needs. Please make sure that you have read this document for further guidance about Caller ID Reformatting - https://www.3cx.com/docs/cid-reformatting/ For any issue you may face, you can reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance via the Live Chat bubble found on www.3cx.com or by email at customers@3cx.com.

SK

Sierra K.

Design, 51-200 employees

24.7.12.365 Globalised Virtual Connectivity

3Cx has brought high productivity through real-time communication from all global corners.

Pros

Safe environment for internal and external communications and sharing. Integrations with calendar applications for effective conflict-free scheduling.

Cons

This is perfect tool for all communication requirements,no dislike at all.

Hi Sierra! That's wonderful to hear! 3CX truly thrives in providing a safe environment for communication and seamless calendar integration, resulting in increased productivity worldwide. Thank you for your positive feedback!

JP

Jean Philippe B.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

The industry leader, and it shows

I would not choose any other provider. They are the best and the petty things that are harder to get by are still petty issues. I would recommend all the way!

Pros

3CX is the best solution for our needs because it is supported on many platforms, allowing quick changes in a fast-paced environment with critical situations.

Cons

I have to say, for a service that is so good in all areas, I am a little dissapointed in voicemail management. But hey, there's always place for improvement!

Hi Jean! Thank you very much for your positive feedback on 3CX! We are glad to hear that 3CX meets your needs and requirements. We are continually working to make improvements so that our customers are satisfied. For the issues you are having with voicemail management, you can reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance via the Live Chat bubble found on www.3cx.com or by email: customers@3cx.com

MW

Mia W.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Easy Peasy

Overall I've liked using 3CX. Easy to use, and efficient.

Pros

I like the efficiency of the product. Its easy to make, receive and transfer calls using this system. No need for big bulky phone taking up more room on the desk, just simply type the number in using the numbers on the keyboard, and plug in a headset to the USB port.

Cons

Its not great when the internet goes down, as the calls then drop. However this is part and parcel of not having a physical desk phone.

Hello Mia! Thank you for your great review. We're pleased to hear you appreciate the efficiency of 3CX and find making, receiving, and transferring calls easy with our system. It's great that the space-saving aspect and simplicity of using a keyboard and headset are beneficial for you. Thanks for choosing 3CX!

DZ

Dar Z.

Management Consulting,

Finally found something we can rely on.

Pros

We have been using 3CX Phone System Professional Edition for almost 3 years now. After a series of non-starter with other brand name phone systems we stumbled across 3CX. We were initially turned off that it was Windows based however this has turned out to be a HUGE benefit. Not only can we use are existing utilities and subscriptions to do backups, screen sharing, maintenance, etc, but our employees...

Cons

I've noticed they are too innovative. Where most other phone system are quite stagnate and only release bug fixes, 3CX regularily release new features and is constantly improving capabilities. We have been seeing at least 2 service packs a year, each which represents leaps forward in features and capabilities. They can be ignored, though we've invested into learning and building on them

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

3cx is an essential program

I am very satisfied with the 3 cx program, as I have been able to carry out its functions in a practical and efficient way on a daily basis. While not perfect, I think this program is very useful.

Pros

This program has provided a trouble-free calling and receiving experience from the moment it was installed on your computer. As a daily user of this tool, I haven't had major difficulties or complaints related to poor quality or connection drops.

Cons

There are few aspects of the program that I dislike. The first one is the delay in the initial connection. Although it did not record connection failures, the connection slowness makes the program less practical. Also, I notice the lack of an option to make conference calls, which is of paramount importance for my tasks. If this option were available, the utility of the program would improve.

Hello, thank you for the highly rated review! We love to hear that 3CX has been very practical and efficient for your business. You can also visit our 3CX Forum to find out more about the option of the conference calls and any other questions you may have: https://www.3cx.com/community/

Ryan G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

The best VoIP phone system for small businesses

We had a customer that had 3 different companies within the walls of the building. We were able to configure each company separately so that their rules, hours, and each had different SIP providers that needed to be configured up properly. Each had their own digital assistant and the system setup took only a few hours to complete with all the complexity that was involved. Technical support was outstanding in assisting with the troubleshooting and setup.

Pros

The 8 concurrent call Standard License is free to all companies. This makes it a perfect solution for churches, small businesses, and as the small businesses grow into medium sized businesses, the annual cost for the license with higher concurrent calls is nominal. When companies switch from the POTS lines, they need to figure out a good solution for VoIP. 3cx is lower cost than RingCentral and 8x8 as well as many other competing VoIP softwares.

Cons

Putting in supported APAP adapters is great, but when a customer has a non supported adapter, it usually works, but doesn't play nicely with the software as far as configuring it easily.

Sincere thanks for your feedback.

KM

Kelsea M.

Airlines/Aviation, 201-500 employees

Truly makes working remotely a possibility

3CX has been a game changer for how I manager my time and work schedule. I can quite literally be anywhere in the world and not miss a thing. I like how there is the option to put the function on "Do Not Disturb" as well, for times you want to disconnect.

Pros

For years I have had a flexible schedule which meant I was not always physically in the office. My concern was always that I was missing calls at my desk, or that the front desk personnel would have to forward the call to my cell phone. The 3CX software seamlessly patches my calls through AND shows the extension name and number the call is coming from.

Cons

When I downloaded the software onto my iPhone, it also downloaded all of my personal contacts, which makes it harder to search easily for my colleagues and increases the likelihood of mis-calling the wrong person. I use 3CX only for work, so I do not like having my personal contacts mixed in.

Thank you for your positive review. The new IOS version which we are working on, works as you described. The contacts section will only show contacts from 3CX (Work). Your personal contacts will not be mixed. This is how it is designed. In Android you have a filter - Show ALL, 3CX, Android. If you do not want Personal contacts, deny the permission and check the setting "Do not ask again".

TB

Teresa B.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

New to VoIP

Overall this is really a great product for the cost. Our IT company has been instrumental in setting this up and guiding us through the options available.

Pros

The software is very affordable compared to other products we looked into and provides an array of options - almost anything we'd need.

Cons

It doesn't integrate well between soft phone, desk phone, and app on the cell phone. Voice mail or missed calls have to be addressed individually, on each device. Also, if I refuse an incoming call on my cell phone app, I would expect that refusal to apply to the soft phone and desk phone as well, but all continue to ring.

Hi Teresa and thank you so much for taking the time to review 3CX. We are so glad to hear that 3CX has provided you with all the features you needed for your business and helped you save at the same time! Voicemail notifications are synced between the devices. Missed call notifications are synced between 3CX apps which are directly connected to 3CX via HTTPS. IP Phone missed call lists can only be reset from the devices themselves. Declining a call will only decline the call for the device itself as each device will receive its own INVITE message to establish a call and declining will only decline that leg of the call. Hope this helps clarify any confusion around the synchronization.

IH

Ian H.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

VOIP and Soft Phones

The experience with 3cx was great, along with the company that oversaw the upgrade once everything was in place and ready to go we switched off our analogue system overnight and removed desk phones the next day.

Pros

The 3cx software makes remote changes a breeze. The ability to allow end users access to a phone over their computer without a physical phone saves cost of a phyisical phone. Users have reported that it is easy to use both making and receiving calls and have noticed no quality loss from our old phone system. It is infinitly easier to administer than our old system and i would not go back under any circumstances, even at the cost of my employment.

Cons

The software has no cons, the only issues i have with any part of this are unrelated to the software just the servers hosting and in places were physical phones are installed.

JA

Jessica A.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Calls made easier and more organized

Pros

The quality of the recorded calls is amazing and it makes them very useful for training purposes . 3CX gives you a lot of freedom to organize the call list in a way that works for you . The admin panel is centralized ,which makes it easy for managers to properly oversee everything.

Cons

Configuring it when you are starting out takes a lot of time . Status changes ( from online to away and vice versa ) take a while to sync up and this could lead to missed call .

Hi Jessica. So happy to hear that 3CX has enabled you to organize the call in a way that works for you. Installing 3CX from scratch, by following our online guides takes between 5-15 minutes typically, depending on what platform you are installing on (Windows/Debian amd64/Raspberry Pi). The time it takes to configure the system thereafter depends only on how big and complex it is. The statuses, if setup correctly, change on precisely on the second configured. If you were experiencing delays, it is most likely the NTP time that was consistent on your network. Our installation guides also mention when and where actions need to be taken to avoid this.

HM

Hlengiwe M.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Low-Cost Phone System

Even those without technical expertise can readily use the software's functions because of how user-friendly it is. The system provides numerous communication channels, including audio, video, and chat.

Pros

Infinite extensions and best mobile app. It is very easy to manage, CRM connectivity, Google and Microsoft integration, and more can be created with the 3CX Call flow Design app

Cons

It becomes slow if there's more people on the network using it at the same time, it disconnects and you end up thinking it's the person on the other side of the line who dropped your call but no, it actually disconnected on your side.

Hi there and thank you for sharing your positive experience with 3CX! We're happy to hear that you love the ease of use and we're even happier that 3CX meets all your business needs. Hope you have an excellent day!

nt

natia t.

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simplifies comminications.

Overall 3CX is very useful software that is irreplaceable for me.

Pros

I use 3CX daily because i have to contact colleagues during working process. 3CX is my right hand that saves my time a lot. It is really easy to use. Configuration is easy as well.

Cons

Sometimes during transferring a call it freezes and i have to reload it.

Hey Natia! Thank you for your review. We're pleased to hear that 3CX is a vital tool in your daily work, saving you time and proving easy to use and configure. About the freezing during call transfers, this might be due to several factors. We recommend reaching out to 3CX system administrator in your company to investigate this issue. It's great to know that overall, you find 3CX very useful and irreplaceable! :)

RP

Richa P.

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Good software for online calling and team calling

I would say it has been satisfactory for the price and limited use

Pros

Wase of use, good functionality and reasonably priced

Cons

Desktop app is a bit clunky, stops working intermittently and need IT people to fix it

Hi Richa! Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear you find 3CX easy to use, functional, and reasonably priced. We've recently introduced a new Windows Softphone offering a smoother experience. You can learn more about it here: https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/windows-softphone-app/ We hope this makes your 3CX experience even better!

Chad W.

11-50 employees

As a VoIP service provider we have tried them all

Reliable phone system

Pros

3CX is very feature rich that is constantly improving every day. The top pro is its rock solid reliability. VoIP is rather mature at this point but its not without its problems - particularly network based problems. 3CX successfully eliminates these with the use of a border session controller.

Cons

Support can be very expensive if not purchased through the proper channel partner. Company refuses to heed directional input and new "ideas", they have their path defined. As far as VoIP is concerned these cons can really be said about any PBX, so don't take these as 3CX specific. You wont find anything better than 3CX - trust me we have spent a lot of resources trying.

TS

Tim S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

A fully featured phone system that does not break the bank and just works.

We found 3CX when helping a car dealership client find a new phone system. We like it so much we became 3CX partners and have reached Platinum Partner status with 3CX. Our customers love it, and so do we.

Pros

Ease of implementation, feature set, platform support and reasonable cost. You can use this phone system for almost any situation, whether on-premise with local dial tone, a private co-location datacenter or most major cloud providers. 3CX works aggressively to keep the software up to date and continually rolls out new features, such as their Web Client. Yes - you can even use your Chromebook as your telephone.

Cons

Occasional changes to the FREE version - but hey, it's free.

CB

Callan B.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

3CX Soft Phone

This is a great piece of software when working from home. I connect to my VPN and I am able to make and receive international calls from the comfort of my home office.

Pros

Great for making international calls, from any location. I use this on my laptop and connect a bluetooth headset.

Cons

When I am using a bluetooth headset and listening to something (e.g music), if I start the 3CX app up it changes the way sounds comes out the headset. So each need to keep the app close and open it each time i want to make a call. A bit annoying.

Thank you for your comments about our software! About the issue you faced with the headset, our software does not directly affect the headsets, rather it registers to the sound devices the OS is using. Having said this, I would suggest checking the OS sound settings, and also maybe try another headset if you have one available, maybe a wired one to rule out this being somehow related to BT.

Jordan D.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Adaptable and Progresive

I have managed 3CX for my company for over 6 years. During that time we have gone from hosting the PBX on Windows to Hosting on a Digital Ocean Linux VM. 3CX is much more stable on Linux. With a variety of hosting options, you should be able to fit 3CX to your environment and wallet size. Even having an always on backup server is an inexpensive, but necessary endeavor that will keep your employees and clients happy. 3CX is a very competitive option, with many PBX providers that I have queried not even wanting to attempt to compete against the 3CX PBX.

Pros

New Features added regularly inexpensive multi-platform mobile fully featured for call centers or standard business pbx High Available backup PBX

Cons

documentation can be outdated at times reporting is not the best

NV

Nicholas V.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

3CX Softphone great solution for our call centre.

Pros

We used the 3CX softphone in our call Centre environments and it was a great solution, we used it to replace all our physical hard phones .

Cons

we did not experience any issues with the system so im happy to recommend it.

Hi Nicholas! Thank you for taking the time to share your review here on Capterra. We are so happy to hear that 3CX has been a great solution for your call centre! Thank you for being part of the 3CX family.