3CX Reviews

3CX

3CX communications system. Web & mobile apps (Android, iOS)

3CX

Review Summary

Pros

This was a free platform for the first year. The quality of sound and ease of use was also a good experience.

Sharon B.

Great integration with existing system, and helped us streamline the forwarding/holding/transferring process. VM to inbox was amazing.

Luke P.

In my opinion, it is a very good tool and hardly ever had problems, because the tool is very stable and with a very good usability, serving very well small businesses.

ALEXANDER F.

Cons

The only disadvantage I have found is that sometimes the application crash and it is necessary to restart it.

Doriann M.

ALEXANDER F.

We had problems with calls dropping/glitching. This is more so an internet issue, we had our internet company out multiple times because of the internet not being up to par for the phone system.

Kelsey W.

The best VoIP phone system for small businesses

We had a customer that had 3 different companies within the walls of the building. We were able to configure each company separately so that their rules, hours, and each had different SIP providers that needed to be configured up properly. Each had their own digital assistant and the system setup took only a few hours to complete with all the complexity that was involved. Technical support was outstanding in assisting with the troubleshooting and setup.

Pros

The 8 concurrent call Standard License is free to all companies. This makes it a perfect solution for churches, small businesses, and as the small businesses grow into medium sized businesses, the annual cost for the license with higher concurrent calls is nominal. When companies switch from the POTS lines, they need to figure out a good solution for VoIP. 3cx is lower cost than RingCentral and 8x8 as well as many other competing VoIP softwares.

Cons

Putting in supported APAP adapters is great, but when a customer has a non supported adapter, it usually works, but doesn't play nicely with the software as far as configuring it easily.

Sincere thanks for your feedback.

Serves small businesses very well for free.

Pros

• It is free. • Assists in the company's internal communication. • It is always updated with improvements. • Ease of receiving and transferring calls. • Ease of configuration and installation by the end user.

Cons

• We used the trial version quietly for 1 year, but due to technical problems due to a codec, it caused a major internal problem where we stayed 3 days without a phone. For this reason the support of the company that provides the service asked us to change the application.

We are sorry to hear that you had codec issues. Can you explain which codec was used and what issues it created? Codecs work using the SIP Offer - Answer model - a standard in SIP used for the update of session dialogs. This means that when a codec is offered by one endpoint (phone), and the receiving endpoint answers "no available codec" then a codec exchange occurs where both endpoints try to find...

Effective Phone System For Small, Simple Offices

For under 50 extensions and without any special functionality, 3CX is a very user-friendly platform. However, for any project that requires any custom functionality, 3CX will simply not be able to offer help.

Pros

The 3CX installer on both Linux and Windows is incredibly easy to use and users can go from nothing to a fully-featured phone system in less than 20 minutes. Once installed, the user interface is very clean and straightforward. The 3CX Softphone that can be installed on Windows and mac computers pairs effortlessly with 3CX provisioning files.

Cons

3CX offers very little customization outside of the user interface, and commonly phone system managers will be simply unable to perform more-complex call routing. As an example, dynamic outbound routes are simply not possible outside of the overly-simple Outbound Routes tab, and you are limited to only prefix, length of destination, and from extension. Compared to FreePBX and FusionPBX, the ability...

Simple to install and utilize

I utilize this software on a daily basis to reach candidates. I have had a positive experience overall.

Pros

This software is so easy to use! I have it set up to start automatically upon login so it's always ready to go when I need it!

Cons

Features are great, too many features becomes cumbersome. I feel like they could remove a few features and still have a great software, it might even work more efficiently.

Thank you for a most positive review, we truly appreciate your feedback.

3CX - The Softphone that works

The day to day operation is more streamlined and at a management level, it helps keep track of those taking calls on out various teams. It also allows us to be away from our offices but take the mobile app with us and get our VM's via email... all positives and allows us to be more attentive.

Pros

3CX has made it easier to maintain our calling network and allows us to bring its features outside of the office which aids in our day to day. The phone dial pad it self is very user friendly and the software it self has a very ease of use feel to it. As a manager it is nice to view, listen and transfer my teams calls on the fly - the logging system also allows me to keep track of activity within my teams.

Cons

Not a ton of cons to be honest, there are some issues of delays from when you ask for a function (click delay) like looking up a contact from the address book and clicking to call the contact, sometimes there is a bit of a delay. The product could use a bit of a refresh look, but overall the ease of use and user friendly Softphone does hit it's marks.

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that 3CX is proving to be a useful tool in your organisation.

Best Value for VoIP and Web Conferencing

Pros

It was inexpensive, there are local experts, easy to setup, and their new features continue to improve an already great platform

Cons

It's less known so it can be confusing to employees or external participant

3CX Phone software review

I definitely enjoy working and managing 3CX. It makes managing and monitoring my calls in a busy modern workplace a breeze!

Pros

I really like their phone console. It allows everyone to easily manage and monitor their calls throughout the busy work day. That is the best part of their tool.

Cons

The way that phones interface with the management software can sometimes be flaky. Especially when it comes to the timecode functions.

Thank you for your feedback. We will look into improving timecode functions

PBX For the masses

Communications for small inbound call centres, bussiness communications, remote workers extensions.

Pros

Easy of use. Easy to administer. Easy to setup. Great documantation. Phenomenal integration with the client both on CTI and softphone modes. Out of the box adequate integrations with popoular3rd party software.

Cons

Lack of features. A lot of unnesesary changes from version to version. License model is unstable changes almost every other month. Tool for creating complex senarios apart that it doesnt follow the PBX updates is a joke. Lack of outbound fax solution

Your feedback is very important for us to improve on in future builds.

Great free PBX!

OVerall, it's a great product. Never had any issues.

Pros

What isn't there to like about 3CX? A free license gives you a lot of features. The console is easy to navigate, and call quality is great.

Cons

Can be a little tricky to get set up, best to get friendly with the networking team to troubleshoot any issues

Thank you Tom for your feedback. We are thrilled that 3CX is working well for you

Cloud Based Call Center

Company internal communication via intranet made fast.

Pros

3CX virtual appliance is available. We can just download and test the same directly.

Cons

Native apps for 3cx aren't responsive yet, it sometimes hangs and voice is mostly jittery when using over wifi.

Hi Thank you for your feedback. Can you explain in more detail what you mean by not responsive? Maybe it's a port forwarding issue or required ports are closed. Remember that communications are not only done via SIP. We also have HTTPS channels that are used to download contacts, presence etc. It could also be related to the phones you are using. If on Android, you would need to care as to which manufacturer and Android OS. Also Apps on the phone might conflict with the app. Maybe you have an app which is draining the battery on your phone or causing some routine that is affecting the performance of your device. Causing our app to be not responsive. Let us know and I will gladly forward this to the development team.

We stopped wasting money on LANDLINES and chose 3CX as out internet phone PBX

For years we had 4 dedicated ATT land lines coming into the office. Most of the employees had 3-4 line phone on their desks, and we would have a few wireless handsets available dispersed in the building. At the time a fully enabled PBX system was simply not justifiable financially. The 3CX software based PBX system changed all this. With a single IP based SIP, we are able to hold up to 16 simultaneous...

Pros

Price, Ease of set up and feature rich capabilities. The price can be FREE if you are a small office. Still, even for a larger organization the pricing is extremely affordable. It took less than 90 minutes from download to our complete office set up, including 15 extensions. All this with zero training, just following intuitive user interfaces.

Cons

The support is not great. While we can easily google and search through the 3cx portals, we did not feel there is adequate technical support readily available.

Thank you for your positive feedback. With regards to support. Support is offered via your reseller. If the reseller is not available, we can assign a new one, by emailing partners@3cx.com. If you would like to purchase a support ticket directly from us, it costs $75 a ticket and can be bought from the customer portal www.login.3cx.com

Finally found something we can rely on.

Pros

We have been using 3CX Phone System Professional Edition for almost 3 years now. After a series of non-starter with other brand name phone systems we stumbled across 3CX. We were initially turned off that it was Windows based however this has turned out to be a HUGE benefit. Not only can we use are existing utilities and subscriptions to do backups, screen sharing, maintenance, etc, but our employees...

Cons

I've noticed they are too innovative. Where most other phone system are quite stagnate and only release bug fixes, 3CX regularily release new features and is constantly improving capabilities. We have been seeing at least 2 service packs a year, each which represents leaps forward in features and capabilities. They can be ignored, though we've invested into learning and building on them

3CX - The most complete IPPBX on the market today

It just works all the time. Windows or Linux (Debian) both versions whether in the cloud or on hardware are solid, solid, solid.

Pros

When an IPPBX is able to run off of an Intel NUC and provide full call center functionality, CRM integration, soft client via WebRTC mobile client with ZTP integration with the leading IP phones and be set up literally in 10 minutes ... not sure how you can beat this !

Cons

It has more to deal with their partner levels and it constantly changing along with the support they provide to resellers when quotas are not hit that has become a concern. Communication for license renewal has gone directly to end users instead of the reseller of record that has soured the community.

Thank you for your positive feedback. This is greatly appreciated.

A lot of bang for the buck, easy to setup, easy to admin.

The ability to easily setup phones and manage the PBX, things like doing a scheduled backups, can easily restore a backup if needed, ability to manage calls, extensions, users, etc. Setting up routing, hunt groups, setting up extension groups, setting up open/closed schedules, voicemail, conferencing, web conferencing, and the list goes on. The product is quite intuitive as well.

Pros

I'm new to the world of telecommunication, UM, PBX's, networking, etc., yet with this product I have been able to figure out how to setup/configure the 3CX PBX. They have put a lot of thought into the functionality and features which means we can now manage the PBX and any changes needed as to having to call the support vendor so they can remote in and do the changes. I also like how they have a...

Cons

So far not too many cons, still new to it and doing testing so there could be some limitations that are discovered later on. I'm guessing one limitation might be interfacing w/an existing call-routing tool we have at one of our building locations. A really small con, some of the free training videos could be improved, audio quality, but otherwise nothing currently stands out.

3CX Phone for Windows - EndUser review

This system is pretty reliable from my end user perspective. The voice mails come to my inbox quickly which is nice. I would recommend this to anyone with a business of the size where I work, we have around 80 employees.

Pros

3CX is easy to operate for me as I am an end user. I receive calls that are transferred to me and I rarely get any complaints that the call didn't make it to me or was dropped in the process. It is also easy to transfer calls to other people or call out by just typing the first couple of letters in the person's name. I can choose their extension or their cell phone if they are listed in our directory.

Cons

I have to restart the software from time to time because it will stop working. I also have some issues with the log of incoming and outgoing calls. I would like to be able to call someone right back if they just called and I don't have their phone number. Some calls are remembered and some are not, it seems random. I can see the number as it comes in but if I need to call that person back sometimes their number doesn't remain in the log, I do not know why.

Truly makes working remotely a possibility

3CX has been a game changer for how I manager my time and work schedule. I can quite literally be anywhere in the world and not miss a thing. I like how there is the option to put the function on "Do Not Disturb" as well, for times you want to disconnect.

Pros

For years I have had a flexible schedule which meant I was not always physically in the office. My concern was always that I was missing calls at my desk, or that the front desk personnel would have to forward the call to my cell phone. The 3CX software seamlessly patches my calls through AND shows the extension name and number the call is coming from.

Cons

When I downloaded the software onto my iPhone, it also downloaded all of my personal contacts, which makes it harder to search easily for my colleagues and increases the likelihood of mis-calling the wrong person. I use 3CX only for work, so I do not like having my personal contacts mixed in.

Thank you for your positive review. The new IOS version which we are working on, works as you described. The contacts section will only show contacts from 3CX (Work). Your personal contacts will not be mixed. This is how it is designed. In Android you have a filter - Show ALL, 3CX, Android. If you do not want Personal contacts, deny the permission and check the setting "Do not ask again".

3cx

Great, ease of use, cost savings and mobility is the ticket in the modern world

Pros

Works awesome for busy people of of the office who can't be tied to a phone. The app is the most intuitive I have seen, i have been doing phone work for years and whish it was around a long time ago

Cons

The new app is missing some features of the old app that was handy like exit&ignore push. I figured a workaround but it also changed the status on your desk phone

Thank you for your positive feedback. Regarding the exit without push, you can either long press on the account and click "deactivate" or you can check this link https://www.3cx.com/docs/android-app-faq/#h.lcteeu5yq5kd which allows you to perform a one-time configuration that configures 1 status with push enabled and another "Available" Status but this time with push disabled. So when you want to perform the "Exit without push" in the new app, you simply toggle to the profile status that has push disabled.

3CX Phone System - Kinetix, Platinum 3CX Partner

Pros

Feature/Functionality matches up to any competitive solution.The fact that you have "Standard" or "Professional" as your purchasing options makes the decision simple. And, when you choose one or the other, there are no other "Ala Carte" options. You get what you get. No "extras" that end up being tacked on at the end of the sales cycle. The 3CX Phone System system simply works. The "hybrid" capabilities...

Cons

Would be great to see the ability to break office hours down beyond single days. For example, we have clients that have standing meetings on Monday from 11:00a to 12:00p.

3CX - Best Phone System on the Market

Pros

3CX offers so make features that it can help any business run smoother and be more productive. The collaboration features are amazing. 3CX allows you to use SIP trunks, which can save a company large amounts on phone service spending per year, but if you are still unsure of going with VoIP, then 3CX will work with many name brand gateways to allow you to use analog phone lines. 3CX licensing cost is very simple to understand and you can upgrade your system at any time, with easy. 3CX cost of ownership is very low compared to other phone systems on the market, but they provide so much more.

Cons

3CX is very simple to maintain after install, but if you have problems or want to setup remote extensions, you will most likely need some network, VoIP and previous phone system experience. Overall, there really aren’t any downsides to 3CX. It’s very dependable and feature rich.

Affordable Phone System for Businesses of All Sizes

Pros

3CX has all the features you would find in major brands of PBX systems with flexible deployment options for on-premise or cloud hosted systems. The system is very easy to setup and administer with training and certification available. 3CX has a large partner network and supports many brands of phones and gateways. The system is very affordable for smaller business and non-profit organizations. Security of calls is built-in which is very important when looking at VoIP telephone solutions. Apps for iOS, Android and Windows make connecting your mobile staff effortless by simply downloading the App and scanning a QR to provision the users extension.

Cons

Even though there are very useful reports built into the system there is no report for average SIP trunk usage and this is only able to be retrieved through the SIP trunk provider. Features are continually being added and this system is very stable so I cannot really say there are any cons.

Installation Of 3CX Phone System On QNAP TS-453 Pro Using VMware

Pros

I have been using 3CX Phone system for may years and gave found it to be a versatile, robust computer based PBX Phone system. I have used it on the following versions of Microsoft Windows, Windows 7 professional, Windows 10 Professional, Windows Server 2003 Standard, Professional Windows Server 2008 Enterprise. My latest installation is 3CX Version 12.5 64bit installed on a QNAP TS-453 Pro running Windows 2008 Enterprise R2 in Virtual Machine Mode. The installation was simple and smooth, activation and provisioning was straightforward, no hitches. The whole system is running and performing as you would expect stable and reliable

Cons

Its very hard to find any dislikes about the 3CX Phone system, if anything I would say lack of information on how to set-up configure VOIP gateways. I have had to search the internet to find the information I required and this was from fellow users who been kind enough to share their knowledge and expertise

Make calls to landline numbers with 3cx

cost benefits as making calls from a mobile device to a landline number is expensive in my country.

Pros

We use 3cx in the office to make local and international landline calls from our phones. The software is absolutely free! No licenses required. You just need to install a software on your mobile device and you are ready to go. I like this because in my country it is costly to make a landline call from a mobile number. So with 3cx the cost is not charged to my mobile number account. So we can make client calls or cold calls with ease

Cons

Sometimes we may be in remote areas to make a call. And if that is so, our internet connection sometimes drops and this will affect experience with the software. When this happens, we would need to rely on other means when making calls.

3CX, the affordable PBX that gives you big business options for less.

I've been using and acting as an admin for several 3CX systems over the last 4 years. The cost savings are great, and their support is top notch. The system works, and their evolution of the product is great.

Pros

3CX gives you a robust platform for phone service for a fraction of other traditional PBX systems. They also give you options for hosting, or to host your own instance of the software. The feature set for 3CX is the same if not better than you will find with other PBX systems. They are always updating their feature set, and have an active community of users who offer suggestions for features that they make happen.

Cons

The licensing model has changed recently and can be tricky to figure out, but once you do it's easy to know what to do.

Easy to use, no hassle PBX system with enterprise reliability and small-business ease of use.

Pros

First off, this software successfully allows for administrators to set up multiple incoming SIP trunks from one provider. Predecessors such as Trixbox and Asterix had trouble implementing this feature without extensive customization. If you are looking for multiple trunks, this is the software for you. Other options are the usual fare for a PBX - it's essentially everything users have come to expect from Trixbox or Asterix or other FreePBX software. The beauty is in the execution, though, as it takes almost no time to set up a system using this software.

Cons

Base licensing does not include some of the more advanced features that would set this apart from other software options. The need to pay for more trunks feels like a natural pay-gate, especially considering how much this feature is requested in DIY PBX communities.

As a VoIP service provider we have tried them all

Reliable phone system

Pros

3CX is very feature rich that is constantly improving every day. The top pro is its rock solid reliability. VoIP is rather mature at this point but its not without its problems - particularly network based problems. 3CX successfully eliminates these with the use of a border session controller.

Cons

Support can be very expensive if not purchased through the proper channel partner. Company refuses to heed directional input and new "ideas", they have their path defined. As far as VoIP is concerned these cons can really be said about any PBX, so don't take these as 3CX specific. You wont find anything better than 3CX - trust me we have spent a lot of resources trying.