Remote Desktop Manager Reviews

Pros

The costumer support has always been good and there are plenty of resources online to help the first time users. Also great for IT support with helping you manage and fix issues on your computer.

Paul M.

I have really enjoyed being able to watch my problems be solved by someone miles and miles away. It's helpful to have an easy solution, and it's a great learning experience.

Mindy K.

Remote Desktop Manager is great when giving or receiving help. The tools for highlighting and drawing is great.

Amanda G.

Brent Q.

Katie M.

What i don't like is that sometimes it freezes, it makes logout itself. This makes me uncomfortable during working process.

nana t.

Holy Grail of Remote Desktop Software

I came across Remote Desktop Manager in my search to find a better solution to what was becoming a time intensive process of updating, managing and remoting into what was growing to be a substantially large number of various types of connections. After testing several different remote management platforms with great disappointment, I finally found Remote Desktop Manager and have never looked back. I have been using it for over 5 years now. Not only do I use it to manage all my connections but I can use it in a well laid out platform.

Pros

I can quite literally remote into a crazy amount of connection environments all within under a minute if I want to as well as a specific connection environment along with its specific VPN connection dynamically if I want without having to connect to that groups VPN first. Remoting like a boss isn’t the only plus to their platform. They have an extensive amount of tool sets one can use within each connection environment to use such as macros, scripts, management tools, command line tools, sub connections, logs and many others. The list of additional functionality is greater than one would be able to leave in a review.

Cons

The only cons I have come across over the years were there were a few times I found the version for Mac OS to be a little buggy but that was resolved timely and it didn’t affect the actual functionality of the software. Also, some of the macro and script help documentation could have been a little more detailed. However, the help documentation pertaining to this could have very well been updated since the time I needed further clarification which was when I first started using it. I have not needed to use it since that time now that I understand how to configure the macros and scripts within the software.

Best for using multiple IP addresses from one pc

The expariance of this software is realThe experience of this software is really good. I love to say that, Everyone should use this.ly good. i love to say that, Everyone should use this.

Pros

I like there connecting option. it was amazing. I can use multiple IP from may one pc. I can use this for my official use. it's very helpful

Cons

there not big least think about this. But sometimes they take too many time to access.I think this is for my connection technical problem.

Forget other remote tools

It has cloud backup function that you can archive your connections and it is automated. I can connect anything that I need to be now.

Pros

It has many capability about connection. It is all-in-one for connection to somewhere, does not matter it is hardware or software.

Cons

Installation size is big, not too much user friendly UI, it is getting slower if you have more than 1000 connections

I don't like this sw at all, sorry

I'm using this sw from years and I'm totally not sadisfied. Too slow, too complex, and buggy. At least they needs to have 2 interfaces, one advanced and one lite with 10% of the options. they also needs to have a better quality check on the sw because it's usually buggy (or at least insert LTS version , so a user could update 2 or 3 times per month and other if they like will keep all the updates).

Pros

Full of functionality and features. If you think about a vpn, a remote connections this software has the plugin to automate the process. It's also secure because data are centrally stored with rbac config.

Cons

Well.... to heavy , this sw is always slow. I've changed my laptop with a new one with i7 and ssd with 32gb of ram and it's still slow! It's buggy... i usually skip some version because they add whatever plugin or functionality you probably never use because you will not be able to find it and they broke something you are using. The ui is confusing, too many options available.

Perfect tool for managing many remote connections in parallel

Finally, some great alternative to manage various servers in parallel.

Pros

Number one feature - manage multiple remote connections at once. Secondly, assign and control access rights too your team (as an admin) Lastly, all actions are logged and thus info is stored at the DB, thus you can always understand who did what and when.

Cons

Takes time to understand the software especially for regular users . As an admin it’s straight forward.

We Love This Software!

The benefit of being able to store different programs on our computers is one that was definitely not realized on the forefront, but now we'd never go back!

Pros

This is a software we use everyday on our team. It makes our job easier in so many ways, and allows us to host different softwares on our individual computers.

Cons

At times, we feel that the software could use some updating across different aspects of the product, but overall we love this software.

Sobre Remote Dekstop

Me ha sacado de apuros cuando estando en casa, he tenido la necesidad de conectarme a la pc que tengo en la oficina.

Pros

Lo que convierte esta herramienta en interesante es que ofrece la capacidad de conectarse a un ordenador mediante su nombre o dirección Ip, de manera remota, ofreciendonos la misma interfaz gráfica y elementos que posee la máquina, lo cual nos permite trabajar en nuestro equipo como si estuvieramos sentado frente al mismo en nuestra silla.

Cons

No tengo quejas referente a la herramienta, en cambio, me siento satisfecho con el uso de la misma,

Daily Usage

Great

Pros

I like that I can export the configuration and re-import it into a newly wiped computer and I am ready to go.

Cons

It takes a while to load when the computer boots.

Bridge between computers

overall remote desktop manager is very useful software. if we don't consider mini interruptions, its worth to use.

Pros

remote desktop manager is a very useful software. it gives me opportunity do my job from home. it's easy to use.

Cons

what i don't like is that sometimes it freezes, it makes logout itself. this makes me uncomfortable during working process.

Awesome tool for managing many remote connections

I really reccomend this software if you have to manage several RDP/SSH/FTP connections.

Pros

The free version of RDM has a lot of features. My favourite one is the capability to sync all the connections and credentials on cloud.

Cons

The update process is a little bit slow and it requires to download a big installer. Also the launch performance is not so good.

Great RDP Management tool that grew into anything PAM solution.

Multiple users at multiple locations all who have the keys to various client systems and need to insure that we can all access them (subject to restrictions the admin places) and if one gets updated by a consultant that the change is captured and documented. Beside the automatic sharing of an update, if something stops working you can see who modified the entry and check why it is not working. If change was a mistake you simply roll the change back via the history feature. I had someone delete 200+ entries by mistake and five minutes later they were back.

Pros

It has a very rich set of features and capabilities for connection to systems needed to manage both internal systems and devices. More importantly client VPNs, credentials, connections, various other key details, and PowerShell scripts to enable a multiplier effect for my efforts to the entire organization. If I get one thing working for me, by adding it to RDM it is available for all users (if allowed) in my company. This leads to the next most favorite, granular controls over almost every aspect (if you choose) of the information stored in the system.

Cons

It does not handle moving from one network state to another gracefully. Meaning when running one VPN session and it ends, you might find yourself disconnected from the Management Server and if you were not offline, it clears your entries till you reconnect. This reconnect is easy but manual so it can be an issue.

I've loved RDM since the first day I installed it!

I started using the free version of RDM many years ago. I was looking for something to manage my RDP connections in one place. When I found RDM and say all it could do, I immediately installed it and began using it! Soon afterwards, I upgraded to the enterprise version and now can never look back!

Pros

Based on the name, you'd think this is a tool just for Microsoft RDP, but you'd be very wrong! It can do SOOOO much more! I love that I can manage my RDP connections, along with SSH & VNC connections as well. I can have links to websites that I frequent and auto login using credentials in the repository. I have my vSphere client connections as well as vSphere Remote Console sessions as well. I have connections to my AWS EC2 accounts as well as S3 buckets as well. I also love the "keep tab on disconnect" feature! As an engineer, I'm constantly rebooting servers to troubleshoot issues, build new ones, etc. This is a huge time saver for me.

Cons

I haven't found any cons for the tool yet. I do have some coworkers that use the tool as well and the biggest complaint I hear from them is, "ANOTHER upgrade?" They complain that new versions come out too often. I see that as a plus not a con, but everyone's different!

Thank you so much for your support Ben!

Operate your PC from Miles away

It is a golden tool for remote control. A tool that takes over most of the human worries regarding access to documents.

Pros

The Remote Desktop Manager (RDM) is a must-have tool for anyone heading or operating a big organization with multiple users who need access to the company's information, yet with care to maintain privacy and security of the information. One of the major advantages of using the RDM, as I have encountered in my organization, is that this app lets the user operate their PC from remote locations, while...

Cons

The software, however, is demanding in processor and system capacity; to serve several devices remotely, controlling and governing access to each of them, the system must be of high processing and speed capacity. As such, the software may not be used on small computers.

Remote Desktop Manger the remote session app that does everything except carry the kitchen sink.

Ever since I discovered Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager around 3 years ago ive not looked at any alternatives since as ive not had too and to add to that Devolutions are improving it all the time with new releases nearly every month which expands the feature list further as well as fixing bugs and like. Really you need to trial it to understand how much its way beyond most of the competition remote session managers and ive not even come close to utilising RDM 100%.

Pros

For me the main draw of Devolutions Remote Desktop Manger is the sure depth of its feature list and supported apps and services it can work with, its not just for managing RDP sessions. Ive been able to add sessions, credentials, links, syncronisers the list goes on so its like a multi tool for the IT admin.

Cons

The only down side for myself who is an IT freelance was the cost of the enterprise edition. I wasnt able to afford it for a long time so had to make do with the free edition but that still did everything i needed it to do as a daily driver app.

System Administration Streamlined

In January 2016, our company, Holland Computers, Inc. was selected for a case study using Remote Desktop Manager. This is a product that I strongly believe in. Rarely does a tool come along that becomes your entire toolbox. In the course of doing my daily work, I have to make hundreds of connections to remote servers, manage those servers, databases, web sites, application servers and developers....

Pros

Efficiency. It brings all of my systems into a single pane of glass. I also enjoy the numerous connection types that allow me to completely customize the product for my teams use.

Cons

I've been using this product for 2 years. I have yet to find a limitation...

Best IT-based tool I have ever purchased.

Because of its interface and capabilities, I have literally saved hours and hours of time every year since I started using it. I can't imagine doing my job without it any more.

Pros

Far too many to list. But list toppers are it's ability to integrate with LastPass, cloud-based database, and its UI configuration capability. It's hard to find anything that you'd want RDM to be able to do that isn't already in there!

Cons

I know when people love something and can't find fault, that they'll usually say the cost. I won't even do that, because it is worth every penny!!!

Best program to manage multiple remote connections using different protocols.

Makes an admins life much easier - every single day!

Pros

- Ease of use - User license (If you work for multiple companies, you only have to buy one licence) - Even without an active subscription RDM can be used for many years - Plugins available for nearly every remote management protocol one could think of - Plugins for 3rd party programms like Browsers and Password Managers - Awesome automatism possibilities - Ability to run own scripts (e.g. Powershell)...

Cons

No work day without Remote Desktop Manager!

saves a lot of time, the search for passwords finally belongs to the past - a centrally repository and the changes are in seconds on all clients available - also perfect is the offline mode! Also, if you on the way, you can use one of the mobile apps to get access fast and secure (supports also the offline mode!)

Pros

-) Team Management -) Security Role Based -) Centralized Password Management with granular security -) Many VPN Add-Ons -) Web Browser Integration (Devolutions Web Login) -) Available on Android & iOS -) Centralized Templates -) Features like open VPN automatically if ping fails! -) Support the import from many other programs -) Subconnections -) To-dos with reminder feature -) Documentation section -) Support variables -) Last but not least - the Support!

Cons

I've been using this product for 3+ years now so - hard to believe but at the moment there are no criticisms.

Remote Desktop Manager

Overall, Remote Desktop Manager has helped us as an IT department become a lot more organized in our server listings, connections, and login information. It is a robust tool that we have only scratched the surface with using but has helped us immensely anyways.

Pros

Remote Desktop Manager is a great comprehensive tool that our IT department uses on a daily basis to connect to our network servers and store login information. These are the most helpful features for us and are very easy to use while also having enough security and steps to prevent mistakes.

Cons

My only complaint with the software is that upon launch, my computer freezes up for a few seconds while the launch animation occurs. This has happened on a handful of different computers. With that said, this is a minor complaint and does not detract from the usefulness of the program.

Remote Desktop Manager - Most Helpful Software in Day-to-day

I truly recommend this software. It has changed the way that I do my job every day. It is free, so I think anyone who works in IT and has to manage a bunch of systems should give it a quick go.

Pros

I can genuinely say that RDM is my favorite program for my work as it simplifies everything ten-fold. No longer do I need to remember IP addresses and logins - RDM does it all for me. In addition to that, it allows me to complete all of my work within a single window. Now I don't need 4 Chrome tabs open, 3 RDC windows open, and a couple Putty sessions. In addition, the free version lets you do almost everything that the paid version does. The community surrounding this program is growing day-by-day, so support can also only get better.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this program is that there were a couple compatibility issues with the most recent update of Windows (1809). After a quick google search, however, I was able to fix my issues.

Remote Desktop Manager - A brilliant multi-tabbed remote desktop management app

Easy and quick access to all of my estate. It is easy to setup a remote desktop profile for every machine and a click gets me straight in whenever I want. Each one appears in a separate tab and they can remain open for as long as I need them to.

Pros

Remote Desktop Manager seems to do what is does best quite simply, and that is be a very useful way of viewing many remote desktops in a multi-tabbed environment. I am able to view the remote desktops of any PC or server whenever I want. But it doesn't stop there. It also allows other remote connections protocols to be used, such as VNC. I can group machines however I want. So I can have servers in one group, banks of PCs in another etc.

Cons

None worth noting. However it does sometimes crash out when a new version is available. But that could be my machine.

Good utility for managing a large collections of servers and VMs

This software has encouraged our team to operate more efficiently and in a more organized fashion. We manage a worldwide network of customer and partners' machines, both virtual and real. It wouldn't be possible without a tool like this.

Pros

Once you have everything configured to your liking it is very easy to jump around to different machines, this is a life saver for any managed services organization. Connections to libraries simplify management, important commands like sending CTR-ALT-DELETE are here, managing a mix of virtual machines and steel boxes is possible and easy to do.

Cons

Out of the box you may need to arrange and configured everything to your liking. This can take some time however it is worth doing. If you start out organized, this software can make your like much easier.

It's a centralized solution to have what all what you need to use to work in one place

I'm using RDM with a centralized devolution server with my team and we are working correctly , safety and fast from years. We are not looking for data when needed because they are easy to find and use in seconds.

Pros

It's a very complete and powerful solution. Inside one product you could store and define all you needs to work with your servers and softwares ! You could configure and store things like : vpn, remote connections RDP, remote SSH session, FPT, username, files, etc. All you could imagine to work with multiple software and server available for your team and with payement option syncronized and subject to user rights .

Cons

Complicated... too many options available on every kind of pieces. This software it's not satisfying the KISS mantra at all.

Remote Desktop Manager is the best

When I started working for a new firm and found out that they create manual connections to our customers, I knew that this was very inefficient. So I started looking for a program to benefit me, my colleagues and the company. Quickly I found Remote Desktop Manager and started a trial run. I was quite impressed with what it could so, so I brought in some colleagues to start using it as well. Also they got very excited. In the meantime the trial period was over, but by contacting Devolutions I got my trial period extended several times without any hastle. Eventually I conviced our management to buy RDM and implemented RDM company wide. Since then more than 100 colleagues are using it and they found out the strength of RDM.

Pros

When I started testing RDM, I received trial keys for as long as I wanted. No limit in time. Setting up RDM is quite easy, using it even more.

Cons

absolutely nothing I don't like about RDM

Best Remote Desktop App I've used

Pros

I used to love an app (Mac) called CoRD. It beautifully laid out multiple connections in a tabbed layout minimizing the number of windows I had open. However, as the Mac OS evolved the app did not and stopped working with newer versions. I then came across Remote Desktop Manager and it does all of that and much much more. You can create workflows to connect to a VPN first, save specific credentials for different connections, and even setup remote connections for Telnet and SSH to network devices.

Cons

Honestly, the only part that's hard to swallow is the price. There is a free version, but it limits the connections you can create. I believe the paid versions is close to $200 for the Enterprise edition.