Conductor Logo

Cloud-based SEO solution for organic marketing

Conductor Reviews

Suggested alternatives

se-ranking
agency-analytics
similarweb-pro

I love the marketing features which impact our sales, it helps in the weekly ad. Also they have people that help us with our marketing.
Conductor has all the tools you need to start and maintain a successful SEO project today. Keyword tracking tool is awesome.
It's hard to know what to do with the vast amount of information. It is almost overwhelming.

Thomas E.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

USER FRIENDLY SEO TOOLS

You should consider the conductor searchlight platform because of the cost and ease of reading user-friendly SEO data, especially for startups or personal businesses as a daily evaluation tool and planning your advertising budget.

Pros

Success in the internet world is a very tight competition every day new competitors or businesses emerge. For that we need a good marketing plan, the need for a platform that can make us monitor the Key Performance Index, the Return of Index is very important, especially for start-ups. With a low cost, and full support, Conductor Searchlight is here to answer these needs in realtime, it's user friendly. You and your team can monitor your website and social media at any time and at any time without having to log into your PC or laptop at an affordable cost.

Cons

However, Conductor has not been able to make comparisons with competitors for our similar businesses. And does not provide a free trial. But you can ask demo.

Rb

Ryan b.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Conductor review

Personally it my favourite keyword research tool and came with the additional benefit of Deepcrawl (now Lumar)

Pros

The most self intuitive tool. Comes with Deepcrawl (now Lumar), the account managers are great and they really take feedback on board. Felt like more of a partnership than a business/client relationship

Cons

At the time of use a backlink tool was often rumoured as a future integration but I never saw it come to fruition, maybe it has since....

GG

Gaurav G.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Complete SEO Analytics Tool

My overall experience with using Conductor Searchlight has been productive and satisfactory. Because the investment my marketing team made into the tool generated positive return of investment through incremental lift in non-food products orders, revenue and margin, specifically, from the organic search channel. The tool interface was intuitive with both keyword optimization and analytics features complimenting each other and easy to find. The automated search keyword ranking trends, location of SEO errors and recommendations on how to resolve them, made making content changes more efficient.

Pros

Conductor Searchlight tool enabled me to analyze organic search driven traffic and conversions for specific keywords. So, I could work with my copy writing team to optimize content of landing pages and make them more search friendly. Additionally, I was able to include high volume keywords in title and meta description tags of every landing page. As well as, add internal links based on SEO insights and recommendations provided by Searchlight. If there were pages with broken links or 404 issues, I was able to quickly find those and fix them by implementing 301 redirects.

Cons

Conductor Searchlight tool depends on integrating with Google search API and Adobe Analytics. If this integration is not done, Searchlight offers limited SEO insights which can also be pulled through Google Search console. Due to limited SEO technical support provided by Conductor and Adobe, sometimes the additional task of implementing integration becomes a burden on the client development team. So, the value of Searchlight tool can be maximized only if client has robust technical support to do integration.

KP

Khushbu P.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Recommended for Quickly Analyzing Ranking Keywords

I had an amazing experience. I really love the tool. It offers 5 free searches in the free version per day which is a good thing.

Pros

Conductor extension for chrome is really helpful in finding the keywords that a page is ranking for along with their volume and frequency in the content.Moreover, the tool also displays all the technical issues on the webpage for SEOers.

Cons

No bad experience so far. But, I would love if they can offer more free searches per day.

HG

Heather G.

Warehousing, 501-1,000 employees

SEO assistance is the key

We have used Conductor for 5 years now and their platform is always evolving towards the future. They have added and optimized their platform as the SEO field evolves. They have top notch customer support and dedicated teams that are always available to help.

Pros

Using the keyword data and exploring competitor keywords and keywords when we acquire a new location has really been the key to our success this year as we have grown as a company.

Cons

It does take some time to learn the system but you can customize the dashboard for different teams.

CS

Craig S.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Intuitive SEO Platform

My overall experience with Conductor Searchlight SEO platform has been positive. Because I was able to correlate organic search keyword rankings to the traffic and conversions driven from them. And make optimization changes in copy, title tags and description meta data of landing pages based on the comprehensive SEO insights provided by Searchlight tool. Once Searchlight becomes an office integrated partner of Google Analytics and integration with it becomes easier without having to depend on API work by developers, its usage and adoption will grow tremendously to justify spending additional dollars on it.

Pros

Conductor SEO platform is easy to use and offers quick organic search insights to improve traffic and conversions from search engine marketing tactic. I could browse its interface to find keyword ranking reports by landing pages as well as competitor reports to compare search results of my apparel e-commerce website without spending too much time. The visual charts and trends made it easy for me to see when my website's search engine rankings started trending down, so I could make copy and meta data changes to improve those rankings. Due to such optimizations, I was able to lift search roi and sales.

Cons

Conductor SEO platform is dependent on web analytics software like Adobe or Google Analytics to track organic search engines' driven landing page traffic and product revenue. It doesn't have its own tagging process to track search driven e-commerce website performance. So, additional development and integration effort goes behind enabling connection of Searchlight tool to analytics tools through their API. This extra efforts slows down maximizing the adoption of Searchlight in a marketing team, initially.

MD

Mert D.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

SEO & Marketing Analysis with Conductor

I am using Conductor over months to drive my marketing strategy, to undersntad SEO audit and increase SEO score with it.

Pros

Conductor is easy tool to use for SEO management, you can improve your SEO score with Conductor to reach more people with Search. It is helpful for using small businesses and large scale to drive marketing strategy.

Cons

Conductor has nice features but they should improve dashboard to better understanding. There should be Google Data Studio connector to use with Google tools.

HH

Heather H.

Consumer Services, 501-1,000 employees

Incredibly Useful

I've been using Conductor Searchlight since I started at my current company, about a year. I know we're only scratching the surface of the tool, and it's purely a lack of manpower in our department to blame. The tool itself if incredibly helpful and user friendly.

Pros

The customer service is excellent, they are continually developing and refining their product offering, the insight emails are super helpful, and the Chrome plugin is useful for a quick analysis of sites.

Cons

The navigation between tools could be improved, and the ability to do more with content briefs would be helpful.

Linda R.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Amazing intel, hard to execute

I appreciated having this intel but I was a one-person team at the time, so I simply didn't have the resources to execute or dig into what the intel meant. It's a product that needs a team behind it to truly take advantage of all its features.

Pros

Amount of information is astounding and the reporting dashboards are really robust.

Vladimir D.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great for Enterprise SEO

I use Conductor to monitor and optimize clients website.

Pros

Cons

Price. The price is custom for each client, but this software will be too expensive for a small business.

DG

Dana G.

Marketing and Advertising, 501-1,000 employees

A Slight Learning Curve with this Product

Pros

Insights were valuable, capabilities were great. Good for very detailed "in the weeds" research of keyword ranking performance.

Cons

Product was extremely slow and some days didn't work at all. This was a huge hinderance especially at the beginning of the month when client reporting was due.

Design, self-employed

Organic Search Optimization made easy

Pros

Conductor Searchlight tool gives me the ability to track organic search rankings of various landing pages. And optimize the content of those pages so I can increase qualified traffic and conversions driven from those pages. I like Conductor Searchlight ability to compare search rankings of my website to other competitors. And quickly show issues such as broken links or excessive keywords so I can work with my web developer or copy writer to fix those issues.

Cons

Conductor Searchlight depends on Google API to collect organic keyword search data. And integration with web analytics software such as Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics to correlate organic keyword rankings to success KPIs such as landing page traffic or product conversions. So, dependency on Google APIs for search data and analytics software for KPI tracking are the two things I like least about this software. These two dependencies significantly increase dollar investment which makes ROI goals more aggressive to achieve.

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

The end all in house tool for SEO

It changes the way SEO is done in house. It helps us integrate SEO into all of our marketing initiatives.

Pros

I really liked the full funnel marketing approach conductor takes to SEO. It helps classify every keyword in the early, middle to late funnel in the buying process. I also really like the ability to make wireframes for my writing team all within the platform.

Cons

It's just so darn expensive... Organic traffic really has to be a huge revenue driver for you business in order for the investment to make sense.

NN

Nick N.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Good for beginners and advanced users

Pros

Conductor is an easy to use platform that gives you the insights every SEO needs in an affordable package. It's easy to learn as a long time SEO, but therefore there is a sharp learning curve for new folks in the field. It is also highly scalable and is great if you have multiple sites

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve at first, but Conductor is supported by good customer support and has some great education resources

DR

Daniel R.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Conductor searchlight

Conductor searchlight is great! We’ve started marketing to new platforms that we originally never thought we’d set foot in, it’s impacted our sales tremendously. Thank you, searchlight!

Pros

Cons

A bit confusing at first learning the basics

RC

Ren C.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great for Listening & Auditing

Overall it worked for what we needed and I'm glad we purchased it.

Pros

Loved the listening capabilities to help drive social media topics and blog content ideas. Also liked the visual reporting for generating reports for execs - and to fact-check the SEO agency.

Cons

The Keyword tracking could be more robust.

CB

Crissy B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Impressed!

I appreciate the graphs of ranking (amongst my competitors) & key word grouping/research which helps provide the latest updates in the industry. I can also investigate the opinions/concerns of my customers thru this program. I am impressed with everything the Conductor can do for me & my business.

Pros

Conductor Searchlight recommends ways of optimizing your marketing & generating more revenue which I find very helpful. It works for small & large businesses alike. Plus it groups all of my data into 1 place. Lastly I appreciate the support team!

Cons

Like anything new, it takes a minute to figure out/navigate which is always frustrating, but well worth it.