GRIN Reviews

4.75/5 (20 reviews)

Ethan Frame

Grin is the linchpin that scaled our influencer program to new heights.

Reviewed 2019-07-24

When it comes to influencer marketing...the team over at Grin just gets it. The fundamental workflow of the platform was thoughtfully designed and built from both the brand and influencer side. They have been extremely attentive to our program's needs and requests, but all in all, they're just all-around good people.

Pros
I'm often asked by fellow marketers at DTC ecomm brands "what features or capabilities I like 'most' about Grin." The short answer: there is no "one" thing. I give the same answer every time. Influencer marketing (as a whole) demands the successful balance and execution of a wide set of responsibilities - more so than any other marketing channel I've managed. You're dealing with real people. Actual human-to-human relationships and conversations that a computer can not do. You're fulfilling a considerable amount orders to individuals PRIOR to any promotion taking place. You're campaign and influencer deliverables can vary significantly so exceptional attention to detail and process implementation is a necessity. You're working in an ecosystem with multiple environments (Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, etc.) - all of which have their own respective nuances that dictate how you manage influencers, structure campaigns, ensure media compliance and ultimately drive conversions. Not to mention, all of those sparkly engagement KPIs every one desires, well those are guarded behind the very core of what influencer marketing is built on: social media networks. Getting access to these metrics can be a hassle if you're not equipped with the proper tool set or knowledge of what to look for. So, my favorite part about Grin? The other short answer: It takes everything above and packages it into one refreshingly comprehensive toolset that streamlines influencer marketing.

Cons
Of course, nothing is ever perfect, and neither is Grin. There have been minor usability issues I have run into throughout my time using the platform - none of which have been anywhere close to 'mission critical.' The only aspect that could use an update is the reporting visualization component. All of your high-level data is there to see, but it could use a little bit more freedom with manipulation. However, a simple 'Export' of the raw data from Grin gives you everything you'd need to see - just fire up Excel and whip up some pivot tables and graphs.

Carolina G

Easiest CRM platform to use - great integration with Shopify

Reviewed 2019-05-07

Automating the creation of discount codes, affiliate links, shipping product, tracking posts and tracking sales is what makes Grin such a dream to work with. And, as I mentioned previously, the Grin Chrome extension was a total game changer -- it increased the speed at which our team could find, evaluate and add influencers into the database. The platform makes is really easy to manage and track thousands of prospective and active influencers, track email communication, and track all aspects by each in-house person that manages influencers (we have several people using the system). I am not a technical, database-savvy person, and I find Grin really easy to use. Very easy for any non-technical person to use.

Pros
Since Grin integrates so well with Shopify, Grin makes it exceptionally easy to create discount codes and affiliate links for influencers as well as shipping free product. Each of these is done with a simple click of a button and can be done en masse for multiple influencers. Grin is super intuitive and such an easy to use CRM platform. Also, the team at Grin is fantastic! They are really knowledgeable and helpful, and if there are features or tweaks that would make your life easier, they have been willing to put it on the product roadmap and deliver it in a fairly timely manner. And then there's the Grin Chrome extension! Makes it so easy to import potential influencers from Instagram directly into the platform. This extension provides stats (like engagement rate, avg likes and comments per post) so that you don't have to eyeball it or calculate.

Cons
The only area that could use a bit of improvement is in the reporting and report exports. The dashboards in the platform itself are good, but could be more flexible/robust. The exports contain a fair amount of information but still not flexible/robust enough to be able to slice and dice the data as much as we would like. However, they are really receptive to feedback and making improvements. They have already made a few tweaks that we requested.

Colleen Kelly

Colleen Kelly-Influencer Marketing Associate at Home Chef

Reviewed 2019-12-02

Overall, my team and I love using Grin. We plan to use Grin into 2020 and hopefully, beyond!

Pros
I love the ease of use--we are able to set up campaigns easily with Grin and pay them easily. This software makes working with micro-influencers easy and efficient. I also love the search feature. I have found some great influencer partners by utilizing Grin's lookalike function and use this feature daily when sourcing new influencers.

Cons
I wish the application was a bit more intuitive for influencers--many have questions on how to link their PayPal as it is not very clear.

Response from Grin

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Daniel Lee

GRIN Review

Reviewed 2019-09-26

Pleasure to work with and ask questions. Super transparent, which is great as we look forward to a long-term relationship with GRIN.

Pros
The customer support is amazing. They make an effort to accommodate feature requests and they give as much visibility into their roadmap as they can. Ask GRIN for a demo and see if it works for your company/program. They are constantly trying to improve the platform and it's made to fit program needs- whether that's for micro or for macro influencers.

Cons
Not entirely a con- but they do have a little bit of work to do when it comes to some of the things that streamline data exports as we have a number of team members that access GRIN daily.

Response from Grin

Thank you for sharing your experience Daniel!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Rihana Cary

Ambassador Management

Reviewed 2019-10-16

The people at GRIN are super helpful, and have been great to work with. The platform has changed the way I manage ambassadors for the best.

Pros
This platform is super great to use for my personal KPI's, and the impact that my ambassador team has on revenue for our business

Cons
The only thing that I don't like is at this time (although I think they are working on it) I would like to be able to organize my ambassador campaigns, hide old ones, and have them in an order that I choose

Response from Grin

Rihana,
Thank you so much for sharing your GRIN experience.

Brooke Spangenberg

Amazing platform!

Reviewed 2019-07-31

Pros
GRIN is an incredible tool that helps me stay organized and manage a high volume of influencers on a daily basis. It also allows me to easily upload hundreds of weekly leads for our team to review and outreach. Since day one I have been impressed by this easy to use software. GRIN has helped me to streamline many of my processes so I can focus on what is important. They are constantly making updates and my recent favorite has been the new partnership tab that helps keep track of deliverables. I can't recommend this platform enough!

Cons
There are glitches from time to time, BUT the GRIN team is always on top of it. As soon as I notify them of any issue I am having, they immediately look into it, and usually solve the problem by the end of the day.

Response from Grin

Brooke,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with GRIN.

Carl Trujillo

Market more. Sell more. Hire less.

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Grin is how we get the right people to our events. Beyond that, we have found it incredibly powerful community engagement tool. The platform is so powerful, we end up using it for so much more than influencer marketing. We use the information Grin places at our fingertips to research, refine our messaging, test new approaches, and effectively manage our campaigns internally.

Pros
Cutting edge approach to connecting with influencers. The influencers don't know they're on Grin. To them, you stumbled upon them organically. This nurtures genuine conversation/interactions with the people you might soon be paying to promote your product. Don't be surprised if you even make friends with some of your "influencers". We've met several in person! Like all the best business software, Grin is as invisible as you want it to be.

Cons
We were able to cut a position with the amount of time saved using Grin. Nobody likes losing a team member. Everybody likes saving money and time.

Kiah Sweeney

Grin Review

Reviewed 2019-06-28

Our organisation has been using Grin for almost a year now and we've genuinely seen an increase in efficiency with our team as well as an overall streamlined view of our reporting. Both have been extremely helpful for our day to day goals as an Influencer Marketing team.

Pros
I love that Grin allows you to streamline the process of influencer marketing. From outreach, to product selection, fulfillment and ultimately seeing the ROI in real time from the influencers efforts, Grin does it all. Being able to automize email templates, connect product from our online store to the platform and have a curated way for the influencers to join campaigns, is something I truly appreciate from Grin.

Cons
There may be features from day to day that are being adjusted on the back end of Grin that can make things a little confusing at first. However these minor challenges are typically fixed ASAP once you make the team aware of anything that is causing you issue.

Julia Schoeneberg

Excellent Influencer Marketing Platform

Reviewed 2019-06-24

Problem Solutions: Problem Solutions - Influencer Marketing - User-generated content - Affiliate Marketing - Social Listening Benefits: - The efficiency of influencer management - Multiple marketing solutions in one platform - Increased Brand Awareness - Increased in Direct Traffic and Conversions - Increased Brand Engagement - Improved Brand Image

Pros
- Great customer service - Responsiveness to customer feedback and feature requests (+quick implementation of new features) - Constantly adding valuable new features - Seamless integration with Shopify - User-friendliness

Cons
-Sometimes a few bugs but they are great at fixing the issues ASAP

Brad Handel

Grin opened the door to influencer marketing at scale for us!

Reviewed 2019-11-14

Grin has allowed us to take influencer marketing in-house and really scale what we're doing.

Pros
The search function on Grin lets me input a wide range of variables to dial in on the exact influencers that I need for my campaign. This is has been really helpful for us to connect with a diverse group of guys. Once the campaign is up and running, the overall workflow and reporting tools have saved me hours upon hours of work.

Cons
The software took a little time to get fully up to speed on. Lucky for me, the team at Grin was more than happy to get on multiple phone calls and hold my hand through the first couple campaigns.

Response from Grin

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Kathy Schroder

Grin Influencer Program Software Review

Reviewed 2019-08-06

We have really liked the ease of use. There are a number of glitches that are being worked out but we look forward to how the software will grow and change over time.

Pros
It is so amazing to see all of our influencers categorized and put into one space. It is also an awesome way to search and recruit new influencers. Very user friendly.

Cons
We have had a LOT of problems with affiliate codes not working. This in turn was terrible to our clients as the reporting and ROI's didn't show up for them.

Response from Grin

Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Jaybee Abadiez

GRIN REVIEW

Reviewed 2019-08-05

I love GRIN! It is a very useful tool. It makes my job easy and it saves a LOT of time. Everything can be done in just a click.

Pros
What I like most about this software is that it is very easy to use. It helps me finish my work faster than I expected.

Cons
What I like least about this software is that whenever there is an update it doesn't notify us unless you notice it yourself. But, it's fine, it actually helps me to be more watchful and focus on everything that I do to avoid mistakes.

Response from Grin

Jaybee,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Chance R

Best way to scale influencer marketing

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Pros
Grin is the best tool on the market for scaling micro-influencer marketing. It takes a process that previously would have taken a large team and many hours of work and cuts it down to just a few hours per week. No better way to scale micro-influencer marketing than Grin.

Cons
The influencer facing UI/UX could use some work, but Grin constantly adds new features and updates so I wouldn't be surprised to see this improved upon soon.

Response from Grin

Chance,

Thank you for sharing your experience with GRIN!

Olivia Barrie

GRIN has streamlined all our influencer marketing efforts

Reviewed 2019-06-06

Pros
- Ease of use, its a super user friendly platform - Ability to streamline campaigns that replaces all the back and fourth emailing - Managing and organizing contacts with the ability to tag / add relationships stages etc - Having custom exports created along with other custom features just for our companies needs - Quick response time from the team when their are issues / questions

Cons
- The influencer recruiting doesn't solve all of our issues (our team still have to manually search)

Keri O'Brien

Scale Your Influencer Program Fast and Easy!

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Grin has been essential in growing our influencer program. It has allowed us to triple our content production and has allowed us to reallocate employees hours to other areas of the business. Prior to using Grin, we have 1.5 employees managing our influencers. Now we have 1 part time employee.

Pros
The integrations and ease of use. It keeps everything (emails, contracts, supporting documents, payment, conversions) all in one system.

Cons
Finding micro-influencer can be difficult but it is very easy to on-board them on the software.

Brian Levine

Grin Influencer CRM

Reviewed 2019-10-21

Pros
Ability to quickly access revenue numbers, search for new influencers, and create links/codes for existing influencers.

Cons
inability to manage multiple influencers at one time, inability to pull a list of content that is complete over a specific time period, cap at number of active influencers.

Response from Grin

Brian,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with GRIN.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Best Influencer marketing and relationship management platform

Reviewed 2019-07-29

Best value for the buck, so much growth achieved

Pros
Best end to end integration and attribution

Cons
Task flow could be better with little more organization

Response from Grin

Thank you for your review!

Nina Sugasawa

Their UGC management tool is pretty impressive

Reviewed 2018-11-26

Pros
Grin takes away the most time-consuming part of building an influencer marketing program so you can keep focusing on the essentials.

Cons
Lack of Instagram story analytics, which are now available on Grin.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Michael Hodgen

GRIN is the standard for influencer relationship management for Shopify stores

Reviewed 2019-04-01

We are solving the problem of how to scale an influencer team while maintaining deep relationships. We are using automation and personalization along with Shopify to create the best influencer program possible.

Pros
After 5 months we are seeing 10x the ROI. The Shopify integration is spot on and the pace of feature releases has been higher than expected. I can tell that the team at GRIN is committed to making this product a real asset to their clients. We couldn't be happier using GRIN.

Cons
I haven't encountered any features that are unsatisfactory 5 months into use.

Kayla Murphy

Murphy Grin Review

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Very positive! The team is always willing to work with us and help in the way that will work best for us.

Pros
We manage so many influencers that it's often hard to keep track. Grin has really been a life saver, keeping us organized and giving us more insight than we've ever had on people receiving our product. Just the sheer functionality of a CRM for our influencers is huge for us.

Cons
The search function isn't the best. It's sometimes hard to discover people who are really relevant to our brand.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10