Grin Reviews

Ian P.

Overall I have had a wonderful experience using grin and really love the platform.

Hannah O.

Cons

We have had a LOT of problems with affiliate codes not working. This in turn was terrible to our clients as the reporting and ROI's didn't show up for them.

Kathy S.

It was a bit hard to keep track of communications with each influencer within the platform.

Stone V.

System updates sometime cause a delay. The system tends to slow down when multiple users are using it.

Romualdo James B.

4.8

Grin Has it all...

Grin was very easy to set up in use. Within weeks we had a few campaigns up and running and it’s something we use daily to find nee influencers to receive free product and promote our brand.

Pros

Ease of use to find and reach out to new influencers. Followup features. The influencers not being in a “network”.

Cons

The automation features. You can’t do things beyond one automatic welcome email to new campaign subscribers.

Lior, Thank you for sharing your expereinece with GRIN. We're happy to hear that you're leveraging the discovery & recruitment tools, along with managing your entire campaign workflow in one place.

Without Grin, I'd need at least 2 more people to run our Influencer Program.

Grin makes it so much easier to do my job. Without the automation, recruiting, reporting, and many analysis tools, I would not be able to do this role alone. We'd need at least a team of 2 or 3 people to accomplish what I'm able to do in a day using Grin. I am amazed at the constant upgrades to the platform that come at no cost to the user and they are always taking feedback and implementing it where they can with new updates. I also knew nothing about Influencer Marketing when I started this role and not only did Grin provide great resources to learn the software but they also provided 1x1 training on how to use it and many resources on how to excel at influencer marketing as well.

Pros

The integration with shopify and reporting tools. Being able to create discount codes and affiliate links with the click of a button saves so much time and it's incredibly simple to track performance over a large number of influencers. The new reporting tools makes it so I can get really granular with performance on an individual level which helps me determine which influencers to really hone in on...

Cons

Sometimes there a hiccups in tracking conversions but the Grin support response time is unbelievably quick and they are always eager to hop on zoom to talk through the issue and provide updates while they fix problems as well.

It's great if you use Instagram influencers, not great for anything else

Overall, the influence has been okay. I wish there were more features built out. And you have to pay more for better features.

Pros

Grin does a great job at being an all in one for your influencer marketing needs. I like how you can discover new influencers, outreach to them, manage all the relationships, select products to ship out, analyze data, and pay them all on one platform.

Cons

This platform is only good for Grin. It becomes very limiting if working with youtube or tiktok influencers.

Great for Expanding your Reach!

Overall, Grin has been a gamechanger for our team and we are excited to watch it grow our reach on social media even more over the next few months.

Pros

This platform has been transformative in the way we are able to prospect, connect with, and onboard influencers around the world. It was easy to integrate and the support staff is incredible. As a very small business, we have been able to reach influencers we otherwise would not have been able to reach.

Cons

We really don't have any complaints. Anytime something seems to come up, their support staff takes care of the issue right away. We would say its a bit expensive for a small business like ourselves, but we see the value and make it work anyways.

GRIN solves problems you don't even know you have!

We are saving so much time! We're no longer spending time tracking people down in Instagram, checking through our DMs to make sure someone shared and tagged us in a Story, searching through the explore page for new faces, etc. GRIN has allowed us to go from 15 different Google Forms and spreadsheets to having everything we need in one, intuitive interface. The data that GRIN provides has helped us narrow down the profile of our more successful influencers, and the influencer search tool then allows us to find lookalikes for that profile. GRIN has essentially removed the trial and error (and the time associated with trial and error!) from our influencer marketing.

Pros

We have been SO impressed with GRIN. We were starting to become overwhelmed managing our influencers by hand and it was difficult to keep track of where influencers were in the pipeline and who had met their responsibilities, etc. We switched to GRIN mainly for the ability to track, sort, and tag influencers, and we have been so pleasantly surprised by how many other problems GRIN has allowed us to solve. This platform truly streamlines every part of the influencer management process. I think our favorite feature is the reporting view which you can separate by campaign-- so much data!

Cons

There's not much that's missing in this platform! My only request is that the filter feature needs an option for "both/and," i.e. I want to be able to filter by a certain campaign AND a tag. Right now, if I input both fields into the Filter tool, the system shows me everyone in the campaign and also everyone with that tag. I'd like to be able to isolate from my list using two different filters at the same time so that I only see influencers who meet both criteria.

GRIN has opened so many doors for us!

Overall, we have loved working with GRIN. It is incredible software, run by a team of amazing people. Everyone that we have met through GRIN is very friendly and always willing to help if an issue occurs.

Pros

As someone who uses GRIN on a daily, I can say that I love every part of this software. My personal favorites are the recruiting sections and the overall organization of the program. GRIN has made it incredibly easy to find the perfect influencer and to create a seamless relationship with them! We never have to worry about someone falling through the cracks, or not getting the message. With GRIN on our side, our influencer program has grown and will continue to grow for many years to come!

Cons

The biggest issue we've had has been with some connections. Our influencers and ambassadors have had some problems with keeping their social channels connected. However, the GRIN support team is very responsive and is on top of any challenge thrown their way.

Managing influencers is easy with Grin!

Pros

Grin makes managing multiple campaigns and numerous brand ambassadors easy. Between the content library and analytics, I feel good knowing everything is in one place!

Cons

Often times we work with multiple levels of influencers from micro to macro or celebrities. Sometimes the influencers want separate terms from the campaign and we are not able to create terms per influencers at this time.

Lena, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with GRIN!

Grin helped us scale our influencer program!

GRIN has allowed us to scale our Influencer program and keep outreach and management to one person, as opposed to bringing on extra headcount internally. GRIN has provided a lot of learnings on the behind the scenes metrics of an influencer's validity and audience information, which has been key in negotiating rates and deciding to work with someone or not!

Pros

The CRM behind the platform has been pivotal to store all of our influencer's information and keep a communication log of all the emails back and forth. The campaign section of the platform keeps everything super organized so you can run multiple campaigns seamlessly and simultaneously.

Cons

There are a couple features that just don't apply to our business, I wish we could swap out things like the content management section for the pro version of the dashboard.

Grin has everything we need to run a successful influencer marketing program

We are able to discover, onboard, activate and pay influencers so much more efficiently than we used to with other platforms. It's been a breeze.

Pros

Grin has saved us a significant amount of time an energy previously spent doing mundane accounting and reconciliation with regard to influencers.

Cons

I have no issues with Grin at this time. It has been a pleasure using their platform.

Michael, Thank you for sharing your experience with GRIN. We're so glad that it has saved your team time overall while also making discovering, onboarding and activating influencers more seamless.

Grin is a great solution for the Do-it-Yourself- Campaign Manager

The biggest solution that Grin offers is that it is a one-stop-shop: -content creator discovery -influencer relationship management -campaign management and fulfillment -Payment -Campaign Tracking and Influencer Media Value (media equivalency)

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility of the campaign management, the seamless email sequences you're able to run, the ability to pay content creators through the system, and its discovery function.

Cons

I can always ask for more! I wish there was a mobile app to manage the content creator program on the phone; and I wish there was a game key repository I could upload keys to and then use a script to call each key by using a particular variable I create within my dashboard.

Can't imagine influencer marketing without GRIN!

Being a part of a small 8-person team, I manage our influencer marketing single handedly. I'm not sure I could do it all without GRIN — or else we would simply not be able to grow. Keeping track of hundreds of partnerships & email threads is almost impossible. With GRIN, each person I work with has their own profile, where I can see our past conversations, what campaigns they're involved in, what products...

Pros

There are so many great tools in GRIN, but one of my favorites is the ability to prepare campaigns that I can quickly send to new influencers to get the ball rolling for a partnership. I am able to set up all the rules and expectations for everyone in one place ahead of time, and keep track of who I've sent what to. On top of that, I'm able to prepare email templates to send in bulk, so I don't have to type out individual emails to each and every influencer.

Cons

One area I expected more out of was the influener search & filters. Maybe it's just our niche or picky expectations, but our expensive baby sleepwear brand is always looking for natural, organic seeking mamas, with beautiful babies and profiles to test out and promote our products. We have not found much success in using the filters in GRIN to find these specific influencers. However, I do enjoy being able to send a GRIN landing page to pretty much anyone I find to add them into the database. We work around it, and GRIN's product development team is always taking suggestions for new updates. Hoping it will only get better with time.

A CRM for influencers that's organized and automatic

GRIN is really a combination of two really important things -- cross-platform influencer search and CRM. The search is helpful because a lot of other platforms have their own internal network of influencers to search through, which means that you're going through a smaller pool of candidates. GRIN searches all social networks no matter if the users have signed up for GRIN. And the CRM piece is critical. I've been able to set up a prospect pipeline, multiple campaigns, and the tracking is simple. Everything is organized and automatic.

Pros

GRIN's greatest quality is its organization. It's not just a platform to find influencers or keep track of them -- it's a full-on relationship manager that can track every detail of your process. I like that I can see every email to a prospect, I can customize the prospect pipeline, and I can easily track exactly where the relationship is at even after they become an influencer. It's also great that I can manage all of my influencer content in one spot as well as my payments. It's so helpful that GRIN can take care of the 1099s for my influencers at the end of the year and I just have a bill from GRIN. I also love how smoothly it integrates with my Shopify store.

Cons

A downside is that I have issues with influencers connecting on the platform about 20% of the time -- either they have an IG account but not a FB account, or they used their desktop to connect their IG and the connection is more easily made on mobile. It's the only part of the process that can rocky, and I wish it were smoother. With that said, once everything is set up, it works really well.

GRIN - Overall Experience - Highly Recommend

Overall experience - Highly recommend, cannot emphasize that enough! Problems - I am solving with this product include: keeping a record of all influencers, knowing what steps they are at in the campaign, keeping track of who is posting/who isn’t, which posts/stories are getting the most engagements, communication between influencers with us via email/alerts, staying organized using [tags, statuses,...

Pros

One of the top qualities I really like about GRIN is how quick it is to learn. Starting off with little to no experience with influencer marketing platforms - I can definitely say within a couple weeks to a month I was able to feel very comfortable and confident when showing others/new team members on a walk through of how the system is used. Another quality which I really like how it allows both me and the team to keep over hundreds of influencers [even thousands] organized and in one platform for all posts, forms of communication [via email], and saves data from current to past partnerships/collaborations. In addition, being able to communicate with all influencers at once via email/alerts and respond to these influencers within GRIN is very helpful in keeping everything in one place.

Cons

There really isn’t anything to dislike about GRIN. I think the only issue was sometimes there were some Instagram connection issues (but that is typically an issue with Instagram itself) or even maybe post here or there wouldn’t get picked up by the system, but GRIN has a really great customer service/team to help with any issues, using this system with different companies, I had great help from both teams that assist with their respective companies. They are always checking in, making time to jump on call, and answer any questions I have as well as looking to keep improving the already great system.

Organifi Grin Review

It's been amazing to really scale our ambassador and influencer program. Reporting KPI numbers has been great. Our customer support from Grin has been excellent as well!

Pros

It was easy to implement and scale our influencer/ambassador program. It's a great to see everything in one spot. I love the campaign details, and ease of functionality to manage each influencer. I love the "search" and how detailed it is to search for specific influencers with the filter feature. It's been so helpful to toggle in each campaign between influencers/proposals/fullfilment/reporting/payments. We've been able to scale quickly with email sequences and templates. The notifications is great to filter out conversions in real time, to watch our program become and continue to be successful!

Cons

Paying offline to influencers has proven many disadvantages and difficulties. Not being able to see what orders were voided or refunded. The amount "paid" to the influencer did not match the amount we paid offline. Influencers not being able to see an email associated with who purchased using their link or code. Product costs not "saving". Syncing has never automatically updated. I have to resync and refresh multiple times throughout the day. Providing more insight for the influencers, such as the order, order amount, commission and email associated with the order .

Lauren, Thank you for sharing your experience with GRIN. We are excited to see your program grow so successfully using the tools within GRIN. And I will be sure to take your feedback regarding payments to the product team.

GRIN is the most advance platform available for influencer marketing

Pros

I have been working in this field for almost two years now and have used a few other influencer platforms and I can honestly say that no other platforms compares to the capabilities of GRIN. From influencer recruitment, managing campaigns, shipping product, to analyzing data and performance - GRIN has it all! Before GRIN, I usually preferred to manage outreach with influencers via email so that my...

Cons

Like any other platform that you use, there are going to be some glitches from time to time. GRIN has their fair share of small glitches that come up, but as I mentioned their team is extremely quick on fixing any that arise.

Danielle, Thank you for sharing your GRIN experience. We strive to help teams be productive and run a smooth influencer marketing program. It's great to hear that using the tool has helped your team boost productivity and scale your program while allowing you to personalize your outreach to influencers.

Grin is the linchpin that scaled our influencer program to new heights.

When it comes to influencer marketing...the team over at Grin just gets it. The fundamental workflow of the platform was thoughtfully designed and built from both the brand and influencer side. They have been extremely attentive to our program's needs and requests, but all in all, they're just all-around good people.

Pros

I'm often asked by fellow marketers at DTC ecomm brands "what features or capabilities I like 'most' about Grin." The short answer: there is no "one" thing. I give the same answer every time. Influencer marketing (as a whole) demands the successful balance and execution of a wide set of responsibilities - more so than any other marketing channel I've managed. You're dealing with real people. Actual...

Cons

Of course, nothing is ever perfect, and neither is Grin. There have been minor usability issues I have run into throughout my time using the platform - none of which have been anywhere close to 'mission critical.' The only aspect that could use an update is the reporting visualization component. All of your high-level data is there to see, but it could use a little bit more freedom with manipulation. However, a simple 'Export' of the raw data from Grin gives you everything you'd need to see - just fire up Excel and whip up some pivot tables and graphs.

Easiest CRM platform to use - great integration with Shopify

Automating the creation of discount codes, affiliate links, shipping product, tracking posts and tracking sales is what makes Grin such a dream to work with. And, as I mentioned previously, the Grin Chrome extension was a total game changer -- it increased the speed at which our team could find, evaluate and add influencers into the database. The platform makes is really easy to manage and track thousands of prospective and active influencers, track email communication, and track all aspects by each in-house person that manages influencers (we have several people using the system). I am not a technical, database-savvy person, and I find Grin really easy to use. Very easy for any non-technical person to use.

Pros

Since Grin integrates so well with Shopify, Grin makes it exceptionally easy to create discount codes and affiliate links for influencers as well as shipping free product. Each of these is done with a simple click of a button and can be done en masse for multiple influencers. Grin is super intuitive and such an easy to use CRM platform. Also, the team at Grin is fantastic! They are really knowledgeable...

Cons

The only area that could use a bit of improvement is in the reporting and report exports. The dashboards in the platform itself are good, but could be more flexible/robust. The exports contain a fair amount of information but still not flexible/robust enough to be able to slice and dice the data as much as we would like. However, they are really receptive to feedback and making improvements. They have already made a few tweaks that we requested.

GRIN is an absolute LIFE SAVER- My time has freed up significantly!

The biggest issue we solved right off the bat is having the rights to the content our ambassador team cultivated for us. Using the Influencer Content section in the software makes it easy for me to download content needed to run ads, post on our social media channels, and update our lifestyle photos for the website! We are also looking to branch out to our international customers and being able to easily search for profiles that meet our requirements is incredibly fun and easy! I also can't say enough about the attention to detail of their support team! I was assigned [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and I felt like she was able to set me up for success! Really took to the time to problem solve with me, show me the ropes, and has been such a pleasure to work with.

Pros

I spent too much time in the past organizing my team of ambassadors using a google sheet. Sending each profile a DM, SMS, or email on the upcoming launch and new products coming their way. Communication was all over the place and not on one platform. Hours spent building orders for shopify are now a BREEZE since the ambassador does the work and picks exactly what they want. Even their personal information is up to date- no more packages going to an old address! I love that I have only skimmed the surface of what this software can do and there are still SO many features I haven't utilized. Knowing I have the support of this software I can grow our influencer marketing with the satisfaction it will be done with ease and a killer support staff just an email away!

Cons

Really wish there was a feature to better instruct my ambassadors on how to connect to the software. A step by step video going over what they can expect and how to problem solve if they run into an issue. I feel like this is something they are currently are working on and I can't wait to utilize this resource!

Thank you Victoria!

All-Around Excellent Software

My overall experience is great and only getting better. GRIN is always keeping record of our team’s recommendations which allows the system to be even more custom to help us in multiples ways! Long story short, GRIN is essential and I highly recommend it if you and/or a team are working with influencers, ambassadors, etc!

Pros

What I like most about GRIN is how well organized it keeps all influencers, brand ambassadors, etc on multiple social media platforms. As someone who works with multiple influencers on a daily basis it is essential to have GRIN as it keeps everything up to date with influencer postings on IG, Youtube, FB, etc. In addition, an amazing quality GRIN includes is custom tagging, properties, etc! These are...

Cons

There really isn’t anything to dislike about GRIN, but if I had to think.. the only issue was sometimes there were some Instagram connection issues (but that is typically an issue with IG itself) or even maybe post here or there wouldn’t get picked up by the system, but GRIN is so simple that I can easily create their profile for them and send them a link to finish creating the profile (really quick and very simple)! Then for rare occasional post that doesn’t get picked up, it’s just a quick copy and paste of the IG post link to their account. Nothing major at all and even with the minor, occasional issues the GRIN customer service is always available and ready to help in anyway they can!

Love GRIN for ease of use // One stop shop

My overall experience is extremely positive. They have the best customer support team who helps me every step of the way

Pros

Love the shopify integration. i also love all the data and reporting. It is very easy to find and contact new influencers using grin! I think that the program is super turn key. It allows for growth and the CRM management is amazing! I love the ability to do a "lookalike" feature and mimic an influencer to find hundreds more. GRIN has made my influencer management truly amazing. I am able to scale quickly as well as make sure that we are collecting data along the way.

Cons

Everything is super user friendly. I sometimes wish there were more data points in other platforms outside of Instagram! Appreciate that they work with their customers to ensure success.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with GRIN!

GRIN offers everything you need for influencer marketing management!

I've loved my experience with using the GRIN platform. As someone who handles influencer marketing exclusively for their team, it can be a lot to manage. But GRIN makes it super easy and simple to handle. GRIN has something for every step of the way, from influencer search functions to campaign management, email templates and much more. My favorite thing about GRIN is the ability to organize specific influencer campaigns and pull in analytics automatically on how influencer content performs (no more saving screenshots or spreadsheets on my computer). My rep is also extremely helpful, as are the tech troubleshooters who help me very quickly when I run into issues.

Pros

I love that with GRIN I'm able to track the success of our influencer partnerships all in one place. Because the data can be pulled in automatically from influencers' social posts, it saves me so much time and energy by being able to look at the data in real-time. Another huge benefit has been the search function. Previously, I would have to look up influencers on Instagram manually, review their posts, and do a lot of predicting of engagement. But GRIN takes out the guess-work and manual labor by scanning the influencers' page and showing you all the information you need to know (followers, average likes, engagement rates, even email addresses!). Both of these aspects have been huge in solving my dilemma of being a one-person team managing multiple partnerships.

Cons

I don't really dislike much about the GRIN platform. My biggest issue has been learning how to get influencers' Instagram accounts connected and authorized. There was some troubleshooting that had to happen for me to learn the best way to set up my campaign pages, but the team at GRIN is always super helpful and willing to work with you to make improvements/solve tech issues.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Claire!

GRIN Review

Pleasure to work with and ask questions. Super transparent, which is great as we look forward to a long-term relationship with GRIN.

Pros

The customer support is amazing. They make an effort to accommodate feature requests and they give as much visibility into their roadmap as they can. Ask GRIN for a demo and see if it works for your company/program. They are constantly trying to improve the platform and it's made to fit program needs- whether that's for micro or for macro influencers.

Cons

Not entirely a con- but they do have a little bit of work to do when it comes to some of the things that streamline data exports as we have a number of team members that access GRIN daily.

Thank you for sharing your experience Daniel!

Hands down the best platform we've used

Our experience has been fantastic - and the platform is helping us to drive a huge number of initiatives Maximizing our time and reach in our right-to-win and must-win communities. Driving social followers to our brand handles Executing tiered campaigns to multiple layers of influencers Shopify integrated is a life saver from a fulfillment perspective Automation of inbound/outbound communication Effective vetting of applicant content & culture

Pros

Personally - I love the Grin interface, the capabilities, the reporting, and the SUPPORT TEAM. Coming in as an outsider to the influencer marketing realm, this platform and the team have been game changers for our business. Most importantly, the tools which the interface provides allows my team to automate what we can, so that we can spend our time going deep with our influencers and making their experience an incredible one.

Cons

We're excited to see some functionalities come to life with regards to email 'send as' options, and more creative options on Grin-hosted landing pages. Both of these capabilities are currently in dev, and we're excited to implement when they go live.

Trying to scale your program? This is the software for you!

My overall experience has been phenomenal. Beyond the capabilities of the software, the team has been great. They are very receptive to suggestions or features you want and have a relatively low turn around time for new features.

Pros

Through GRIN's automated features and management software I was able to save time, make educated decisions and scale my program. Previously I was capped at 200 influencers and since using GRIN I have been able to push beyond that threshold.

Cons

The reporting features of GRIN have room for improvement. The way they calculate some metrics I do not necessarily agree with. Also, I wished there were more customization features when it came to their report builder. However, I am working with their team to improve these features.

Great Influencer Marketing Tool

Pros

GRIN allows you to house all influencer campaigns and activations in one place. It is a simple solution to working with influencers of all sizes and across multiple campaigns in order to reach one revenue goal. It is easy to track your budget, send influencers gear, see their conversions and traffic, and monitor their deliverables. It is also great for discovering new influencers and seeing the possibilities in different campaigns.

Cons

GRIN is a software that does take some time to understand and implement. There are tons of small features that when used effectively give you the end result you are looking for. But, you need to set up all those features and know-how to tie them all together. The software does make it easy for the brand to work with Influencers but it can sometimes not be as user-friendly to the Influencer. They seem to have a hard time understanding where everything is and how they can make sure all the deliverables are done.

Audrey, Thank you for sharing your GRIN experience. We appreciate your feedback and will definitely take your insights on how we can improve back to our product team.