iContact Pro Automation Reviews

iContact Pro Automation

Marketing automation with email, workflows & landing pages

iContact Pro Automation

Review Summary

Pros

Customer support is pretty good. The value for the price is the big deal for me.

It's probably the best platform for the price, and it's flexibility really puts it above the rest.

Cons

I had an issue with emails being bounced due to one of your servers being blacklisted. It was very difficult to work that week and it really set back my emails.

4.2

Great Email Marketing Tool for Agencies

I work part-time for a marketing firm and I manage email marketing for them. We use iContact Pro for handling email marketing campaigns for our different clients. The ability to have completely separate sub accounts for each client is great. We have been using it now for about a 1 1/2 years and it has served us a well.

Pros

iContact Pro includes great customer service and assistance with custom projects such as email template creation. The main selling point for us was the ability to toggle between different sub accounts for our different clients. The software itself is pretty robust and includes email marketing, landing page creation, social media management/integration and more. I've used numerous other email marketing systems and the two things I see iContact really excel at it is customer service and features geared towards agencies.

Cons

From a usability standpoint, I would like to be open two instances of iContact in separate tabs to view two different client accounts at once. The system doesn't allow you to do this though. You can only view one client sub account at a time. The process of applying multiple filters for segmenting is a bit cumbersome as well.

Quirky yet effective

My experience with email marketing ranges from mail chimp to Silverpop. I'd slot this product somewhere on the low-side of middle. While it aspires to integrate workflows and analytics tools from larger platforms, it's interface and consistent quirkiness makes it difficult for less experienced users.

Pros

Access to html code, allows for easy creation of campaigns with code from other platforms. Connection to social platforms.

Cons

Quirky interface, no true templates, poor access to useful analytics.

Great Platform for Tight Budgets

I use iContact Pro for simple email sending, landing pages, and sign up forms. When selecting a platform my main goal was to find something that fit within my client's budget. While iContact Pro is not an extremely robust platform it is affordable and provides enough features for small businesses to get started with email marketing.

Pros

Excellent customer service, Dedicated account representative. Landing pages, Email templates, Workflows, Lead scoring, A/B split testing, API documentation

Cons

no unsubscribe intent survey

Experience with iContact Pro

We use this program B2B and B2C. It is very easy for B2B emails but slightly less useful for B2C as I can't tailor subject lines and have to make "copies" of emails for each list I send to in order to get accurate reporting for that list/email group. For client emails, I usually export the report via Excel and send to my salespeople. However, each person has a different sales list and needs a separate copy sent to their list.

Pros

Much better than iContact basic, crazy didn't know what we were missing. Emilie with customer support has been very helpful throughout the entire year.

Cons

Good value for the money

iContact lacks some features that larger, more well-known platforms have. However, it is MUCH cheaper than those platforms. If you're on a budget but still want to implement some marketing automation, it's a great value for your money. You can't do everything, but you can still do a lot. Also, I don't think it's the most user friendly platform. Again, a trade-off for the price.

Pros

Cons

Lacks some more sophisticated feature that you might find in HubSpot or Marketto. This works for my organization, but if you're a large company and need very precise automation, it's probably not the best fit.

Great Tool - Great Price

I've been using this tool for work for about 2 months now, with the Salesforce integration. The quality of the integration overall is strong, and really comes in handy when the web-site tracking is set up. The platform also has many tools that allow flexibility with how to use them.

Pros

Workflows are a great feature of this platform, and can be used in many different ways.

Cons

I feel like the platform is still a bit young, and so sometimes there are kinks in the way things are done that require workarounds.

Great Email Marketing Platform

We use iContact Pro to send out company announcements and new service announcement. iContact has all the features we are looking for. It's so easy to use !

Pros

Easy to use Message reach the targeted audience Details Stats

Cons

Geolocation targeting is still not available

Great All-in-one Tool

We use this tool for our company and recommend it to all of our clients. The ease of use and the amount of data we receive from each tool make it a valuable resource for our business.

Pros

Easy to use and great support from our account rep

Cons

It takes a little bit of learning to understand it fully, but once you get in the tool, it really is intuitive