iContact Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.51/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

You can allow this program to deal with emails instead of answering each on yourself. It's really a wonderful program and a huge help with your email returns.

MA

Melanie A.

I like its enhanced features and how easy it has been to adapt to it. I like the customer service representatives and their willingness to help and answer all my questions.

Jessica R.

I enjoy that iContact is easy to use, intuitive, and a great price for all that is packed into what you get. You also get great customer service with them.

NK

Nick K.

BH

Brian H.

They tried to steal another month of billing and made me dispute with my CC company.

Dov K.

MailerLite

Mailchimp-logocaret

Mailchimp

Compare both
How would you rate iContact?

Great email marketing platform

Transcript

Mary G.: Hi, my name's Mary. I'm a Director of Education. I am giving a five star review for iContact...

Good and bad, depends on what I need to do

Pros

For the most part, it is easy to navigate. I like that it is compatible with almost any type of HTML code.

Cons

I don't like how it's set up to tag contacts. My company never uses the feature because it's way too complicated and frustrating. The HTML designers also do an okay job of creating templates from scratch. The most recent one I received had too much coding and took me hours to add in content.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We're glad to hear that you find the system easy to navigate. Our goal is to ensure new customers can quickly learn how to use iContact, while still giving more experienced customers the flexibility and customization that they want. We are also thankful for your feedback about tagging contacts. At this time tagging is only available in our iContact Pro product, but we do plan to make this feature available to all of our accounts in the future. This has been forwarded on to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates.

Great email marketing platform and amazing customer service!

Ability to reach our customers in a professional manner and it's super easy to use!

Pros

iContact is very user friendly and doesn't require a designer or software engineer to use. Even the most basic WYSIWYG editor will allow you to customize emails your clients will want to read. Their design services are speedy and professional. Using their premium platform includes monthly customer support calls and services. The ROI is measurable and positive for our business.

Cons

I wish we were able to integrate iContact with our shopping cart (3dcart) but it's not a friendly API. Otherwise we've been very happy with iContact.

Thank you for reviewing iContact. We're glad to hear that you're seeing measurable ROI from engaging with our Premium Services team.  Last year, iContact Premier clients saw, on average, 41% higher open rates and 63% higher click-through rates than similar-sized clients without services ¿ while also seeing a marked improvement in deliverability and inbox placement. It pays to have the help! And we appreciate the feedback re our API - we've passed it along to our product team, and wanted to let you know that we have integration enhancements as a key component of our 2018 roadmap.

Long-time subscriber and plan to be one much longer.

Pros

It's fast and easy to use, which means it makes my life easier. From plain text, to HTML, to HTML templates, its' all there at my fingertips.

Cons

You can't add attachment files to the email. Sometimes sending a pdf file would be helpful for a client, or a pic, but you cant. That needs to be made possible.

Hi Charles. Thank you for being a long-time subscriber! We are excited to hear that you find iContact easy to use in all of our different email editing formats. We can understand the desire to add an attachment to your email. Currently we suggest including pics or PDFs inside the content of your message so that it is less likely to be viewed as spam by email providers. However, we can certainly re-evaluate this for possible updates in a future release. We look forward to working with you for a long time to come.

Very happy customer of iContact Software and your overall service. Thank you!

Pros

I'm very happy with all the great templates and designs! The navigation has also improved a great deal. It's easy to be creative and put out a great informational product to my guests. I also appreciate the information that I can see what worked best within the email I sent, by watching open, clicks, etc.

Cons

This software is a big improvement from the previous software, so it's difficult for me to say what I like least. I don't have any complaints.

Hi Jessica! We are always excited to hear from a very happy customer. It is great that you appreciate the reporting information you can see after your message has been sent. Knowing who is opening and clicking in your messages can really help to target your marketing efforts. Thanks for being our customer!

Easy system, priced well, professional looking emails

Inexpensive, ease of use, professional look to the emails

Pros

Ease of use and management of contacts, variety of email templates make creativity easy for all occasions

Cons

Lack of integration with other systems, I wish it would integrate with our pet sitting system to help us stay in sync in all our contact areas

Hi Rita! Thank you for your great feedback about our templates. We offer a variety of pre-made templates to help inspire our customers. We are also adding new templates all the time, so feel free to let us know if there are any specific new templates you would like to see. Thank you for your feedback about integrations as well. We are currently looking into making more integrations available to our customers. We are happy to take your feedback into consideration during this process. Thanks for being our customer!

I have found iContact to work well and consistently through the years I've used it.

It's quick and simple to use, especially if you don't have any experience in coding and the metrics toolbar is quick and concise; so you'll find what you need with minimal click-through

Pros

Easy to change row content Quick response when designing Easy-to-read metrics Simple management of email lists I like the various style templates that are offered as they fit "most" of my needed applications

Cons

There are limited "pre-made" templates so I don't always have one to grab from and I'll have to create one Although I understand the the reason for the types of fonts offered, i still feel that they are too limited in the offerings

Hello Jim. We are thrilled that you find our email metrics quick and concise! It is so important to keep track of the way your contacts engage with your emails, and we wanted to ensure it was as easy possible for our customers to accomplish this. Thank you for the feedback regarding adding more pre-made templates. We are continuing to add a larger selection of templates, but we would love your thoughts on what type of templates you would most like to see. Feel free to fill out a ticket with your suggestions here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us/contact.

iContact is an easy for beginners, with the customization capabilities any expert can utilize.

We have maintained a relationship with more than 100,000 clients by using regular email contact and, consequently, improved our ROI with all of our other products because of brand familiarity.

Pros

iContact is more that and great platform, the technical assistance/guidance is the best advantage for our company. We have monthly meetings with our rep to help us get better at what we do; Take advantage of the customize-able products and measure our increased success in the industry. Our current open rate is about 30% more than 100,000 active emails.

Cons

icontact 2.0 is a little slow painting our HTML code and has some clunkiness to it, but this is common for any new roll-out. I have no desire to change to any other provider.

Simple, straight-forward and excellent support!

Pros

The software makes it very easy to organize our templates and campaigns so we can continue to improve based on what we've done in the past. It also makes it collect all email for a certain department in a single folder and manage the access and sends for that folder. The best part about iContact though, is the people. We have an amazing rep who helps us with everything from template ideas to strategy and deliverability. They are always available as a resource and offer guidance on random areas that, as a fairly new email team, has proven invaluable.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the requirement to include their footer on every message. It does help with ensuring each message has the required unsub and physical address etc. but our team builds those into our main template designs already and we end up needing to tweak templates before putting into iContact.

Hi there and thanks for your review! We're so glad our product and our amazing support and services team are helping you to send out successful email marketing campaigns! As for the footer, we do our best to make sure we are complying with all the rules and regulations surrounding our industry and that requires us to include an unsubscribe link and a few other details in every message. We are happy to help you customize the footer to be a bit more to your liking - feel free to reach out to your rep or our support team to get started. https://www.icontact.com/email-design-services.

IContact makes it easy to manage subscribers and create emails. Support team is very helpful.

Pros

Multiple email templates. Easy to set up automated workflows and new campaigns. List segmenting. Social media integration

Cons

Can't be integrated with PPC. Lacking some basic capabilities overall. Image upload quality isn't great.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! It sounds like you are signed up for one of our iContact Pro accounts. We are happy to hear that you're easily able to set up automated workflows. We like this feature so much that we are bringing automation to our iContact accounts as well! We are always looking for new ways to improve our product, and we would love to hear some of your ideas. Please let our helpful support team know what capabilities you would like to see incorporated, so that we can ensure they are taken into account while we plan future releases.

Perfect Platform For Our Email Marketing Needs!

We received a great deal of assistance and support from our Pro Strategic Advisor. She has been with us diligently every step of the way and we are very thankful for all of the help she has provided to our team! We are very fond of the workflow automation capabilities and the audience metrics. We are also looking forward to taking advantage of the Salesforce integration capabilities in the near future!

Pros

Our marketing team has been using iContact for about a year now and we are very impressed with customer support! We love the accessibility of being able to direct our inquiries to a friendly and extremely helpful rep. All of our questions are answered and resolved in a timely manner, which has made for a very smooth learning curve. We are big fans of the custom workflows, which has had a huge impact on our campaign execution and efficiency.

Cons

The templates can seem limited at first, but the more time you spend with the platform, the more apt you are to find ways customize layouts and design.

Thank you for writing this review! It is wonderful to know that you have been so impressed with our customer support. They truly are a fantastic group of people who are dedicated to giving our customers the best experience possible. We also appreciate your feedback regarding templates seeming limited at first. Though we are happy that you have learned how to better customize templates, we will also pass this feedback along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

Innovative

Tracking reports and excellent database health of subscribers. I know my database is safe with I-Contact.

Pros

I talked my Manager out of switching to another email platform because I-Contact beats the competition! Easy set up and ease of use. The customer support is superb! Price is good!

Cons

Could be more integrated with WordPress plugins for email capture forms. Could provide more unique responsive templates.

Hello Abby. Thank you so much for talking your Manager into staying with iContact! We truly appreciate your loyalty, and will continue to work to exceed your expectations. We also appreciate your feedback regarding WordPress plugins. We are looking into different integration options now, and are happy to take your suggestion into account during this process.

Overall really great experience. We have used iContact for over 3 years.

Pros

The customer service is always great and very responsive. I like the pre-made templates that come prebuilt.

Cons

Sometimes the editor has issues with formatting and fonts. There are some basic design features that I would like to be more flexible such as being able to wrap texts and do soft returns.

Hello Alexandra, It¿s great that you have enjoyed using our pre-made templates! We are continuing to add new templates to help make your job as an email marketer even easier. Thank you for your input on how we can improve our new email editor. We have made improvements that will allow you to select the line height that you would like to use in your message. An easier way to wrap text is something that is on our radar as a potential feature to consider adding in the future.

Great emails & great service

Easy to use, great services, great customer service

Pros

The design team and the ease of designing an email blast is great. You can make a design template in a matter of minutes, and if you need something fancy, you contact the design team and they will do it for you!

Cons

I have never had any issues with this software and have nothing negative to say. Great software that I continue to use!

Gina, thank you for being such a loyal customer and for taking the time to leave such a positive review. The team is excited to hear that you're seeing so much value with the easy-to-use interface, as well as with the on-call design team (when needed). We value your feedback, so please feel free to reach out anytime with questions or suggestions. Thanks!

iContact has kept my business going

I have made more than 5,000 new customers in the last 4 years through iContact. It is what it says. I Contact customers and they buy. iContact has opened up my communication lines with all of Greece (my country) so everyone in Greece is now a potential customer through the use of iContact.

Pros

Ease of use, it gets better and better through various improvements. It delivers thousands of emails in no time. The stuff do have an understanding of what a businessman really needs and they can track with that.

Cons

The photos in the templates could be larger and more impressive.

Hello, Thank you for leaving this wonderful and detailed feedback for us, we very much appreciate it! All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

We have had an excellent experience with iContact

The helped greatly with our list hygiene.

Pros

The personal representatives are really good and have really helped us a lot. The meetings are very informative and were come away with good tips on which to follow up.

Cons

The costs of this software is very high for us. Unfortunately we do not have a great engagement rate so this is an out of pocket cost that does not earn as much as we spend.

Thanks for reviewing iContact. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your calls with your strategist. And our dedication to maintaining the industry's best deliverability rate means that we're always helping our customers maintain great list hygiene - it's a key ingredient to effective email marketing. It sounds like there is room to either grow your list or explore other strategies to generate...

Stellar drag & drop editing with automatic mobile optimization

The biggest problem we're solving is time spent on producing emails. We send a lot of various emails to our multiple website databases (including various sub-groups within each website database) and we can't afford to spend tons of time producing these emails when there are so many other production tasks we need to fulfill. Building emails used to be one of the more time-consuming projects we deal with. They are taken care of much faster now that we have the simple-to-use email builder.

Pros

I've worked with several email newsletter marketing programs during my time in media and iContact is hands-down my favorite thus far. The drag & drop editor makes shuffling around content easy and better yet, the templates automatically reformat for optimized mobile consumption. The emails look great on both desktop and mobile devices and we're not even spending additional time preparing that optimized mobile format. Our strategic advisor is also very responsive when we need assistance and offers a lot of insight into the analytics and trends of our databases.

Cons

The only thing I wish we had was direct 2-way communication between our business website member databases and the iContact lists for synchronized newsletter opt-in status. Subscriptions get communicated from our website to iContact, but unsubscribes from the emails sent by iContact do not get communicated back to the member profile on our website.

Great customization, easy setup, intuitive interface on this targeted marketing campaign.

iContact makes my marketing fast and easy. It frees up a lot of time to work on loan files. I do a lot less cold calling because the phones ring.

Pros

iContact has quick and easy to set up emails, timed releases, reasonable pricing, and a good interface. It makes my advertising quicker and easier than before.

Cons

The setup for each email broadcast takes a bit of time at first, but gets quicker with each new ad. After getting through the learning curve, it seems easy.

Hi Jack. We are thrilled to hear that you have been able to use iContact's quick and easy email setup to get contacts calling you! Freeing up your time for other projects is exactly what we hope to provide to all of our customers. Thank you for the feedback related to the initial learning curve. We plan to put in some work to improve the entire on-boarding experience, ideally cutting this learning curve and allowing new customers to become pros at using iContact even faster!

Mostly a positive experience

Excellent for producing our email alerts.

Pros

Relatively easy to use, not too many quirks, etc. Easy to bring in text, heads and pix. Especially easy to work off prior templates, which is very important for me considering the big con below.

Cons

It was redesigned about a year ago and I absolutely hate it. I continue to use older templates because when I've tried to use the new ones, even with Live Chat help, I can't make heads or tails out of it. Maybe it's me? Maybe not. But I realize iContact was trying to get more "with the times," and update the SW, but it's just not in the least big user friendly.

Hello Paul. We are very glad to hear that you find iContact easy to use, and particularly working off of prior templates. Anytime we make a major change to the platform we allow customers to remain on the previous version for a period of time so that they can take their time to get used to the changes. Thank you for your feedback regarding difficulty learning to use the new email editor. We would love a chance to help you get more familiar with it. Please reach out to our support team via phone at 877-968-3996.

iContact is a very user friendly platform. It meets all of our business needs and more!

Easy to use Great analytics Great tech support Sign up forms and welcome messages

Pros

A couple of things make iContact exceptional. The ease of creating/designing an email blast is amazing, whether I am creating from scratch or utilizing their templates. I also love their sign up forms. Our company uses them for contests/giveaways and it will automatically add them to the list of your choice, making the count and drawing portion of the contest easy.

Cons

There aren't too many things that I don't like about iContact, but about the only complaint or even a suggestion would be to enable a feature so that you can send out an email individually.

A feature rich email marketing site.

Pros

The site is very simple to use for the beginning email marketer but has plenty of flexibility for a more experienced user. Having the ability to use my own HTML for emails was key, as was having the ability to see who clicked links and what pages of my website they went to.

Cons

I have found that the landing page editor was difficult to learn and didn't have the flexibility I wanted. I did however use the embedded frame feature to get around that.

Hello Henry, Thank you so much for this feedback. Our site is designed to be as easy as possible for new users to pick up, while allowing experienced users the ability to perform more advanced functions. Customers can work with our pre-designed themes and layouts to create emails or use their own HTML code like you! I see that you are on our iContact Pro platform which allows you to create Landing Pages. The learning curve for this feature is a bit steep, but the good news is that we are always looking at ways to improve upon it. I am happy to hear you were able to work around the issues you encountered, but we hope to make this process even smoother in the future.

Be sure to cancel -- they auto-renew

There are other more-integrated models that make work more efficient. I would recommend those models instead of iContact. The features all work, but applications like Network for Good make things easier, faster, more efficient for me.

Pros

Things worked fine. If you don't use the software frequently, it can be hard to master. I wish the layout was a bit easier to work with, but it is not terrible. The platform does what it says it can do in the advertising.

Cons

I had to double enter a lot of info with my fundraising software and then to i-contact. There was a lack of integration that I found frustrating. Leaving iContact was a pain also. My organization signed a contract for annual subscription, so I assumed we would have to re-upp at the end of each year. That is pretty typical. It turned out though, the fine print of the contract says that customers must specifically put in a cancellation in writing. Even though the charity I worked with started using another service, iContact demanded payment for a period of time after we had made the switch. I personally found that in poor taste. Other subscription models I am familiar with don't do that. Be better than that, iContact.

Hello Brian, Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us, we will most definitely have an in depth review of the items that you raised here. All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Pretty good platform!

We are able to send mass e-mails on a tight budget.

Pros

iContact is really good at the basics. It's easy to get mass e-mails out to people, and it's a good cost on the platform. It has great customer service, a good amount of templates, and does well at spam-checking.

Cons

iContact has a decent learning curve. Be prepared to train people that are going to use it. Also, if you are running multiple lists, people count for each list. So if you have 100 subscribers subscribed to 2 different list, iContact will count it as 200 subscribers. Not a bad thing, just something to be aware of when pricing.

Hi Chris! We are happy to see that you have been utilizing our spam check tool. This is a great way for customers to determine how likely their message is to be viewed as spam by your contacts' email provider. We also appreciate your feedback about the learning curve. Our goal is to make this curve as small as possible. In the upcoming months we plan to spend some time working with the on-boarding experience for new users to better help us accomplish this goal. Thank you so much for your feedback!

I have tripled my production since I have been using iContact.

Pros

Ease of Use, Reliability. I have managed to increase my clients many, many times and have managed to increase my production.

Cons

I cannot get my emails out of the lists very easily (only 200 at a time). I only have 10 segments available for special lists or research and this is not so good.

Hello Theo, We are so happy to hear that you have seen a big increase in clients and production from using iContact! Thank you so much for your feedback regarding contacts. Our developers are hard at work on updating our contact management design. Once it is released please be sure to follow up with any feedback, good or bad, that you have on the new process using our Help Portal: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us

Easy and Efficient

Pros

The user experience is very easy to use. I also like the selection of templates (They are very current to industry standards)

Cons

When creating your own HTML code, sometimes there are glitches ( specifically in column adjustments, and embedding special commands) .

We appreciate your review! We are excited to hear that you are enjoying the selection and ease of use of our templates. Our goal was to provide our customers with inspiration, and a quick way to get started creating messages. Thank you for your feedback about glitches when creating your own HTML. This information is being shared with our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates. Thank you for being a long time customer!

Customer Support has been quick to respond and provide the information needed

Ease in maintaining our email lists and staying in contact with our clients and subscribers.

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility in how it can be used. Whenever we have needed to make changes or add features the support staff have always been there to assist. Their ability to online conferencing and screen sharing makes the support easier to follow along.

Cons

When we have needed to add images the available space provided is usually smaller then we would like to use. Upgrading to the icontact pro had a learning curve but the support was available whenever needed

Hi Linda! It makes us happy to hear that you have enjoyed both the ease of use and flexibility that iContact offers. Our goal is to ensure new customers can quickly learn to use our product, while continuing to allow the flexibility of message creation that our more experience customers enjoy. Thank you for the feedback about allowing for additional image space as well. We will pass this along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.