Play Digital Signage Reviews

Pros

Playsignage is an excellent digital signage system that is made only better by great technical support. Recently they helped us with a javascript issue over a week-end so we could meet a deadline.

David M.

The software is extremely user friendly and I was able to get up and running quickly. I like the fact that it is advertised as free for one screen and it is.

Bruce H.

Really happy with the software and would highly recommended.

Elsen K.

Cons

Changes appear instantly after publishing. Using with Amazon Fire TV stick.

Keijo K.

Robert B.

The only issue I had was a mistake I had made - the date on the PC running the signage was off, so scheduling didn't work. Their support team helped me find the issue right away.

Jeremy P.

4.8

Very clean, easy to use product with a fantastic customer support team.

Able to show logos and metrics on our internal screens across the business, ability to finetune playlist schedule (ie. Only company logo after hours) Remotely able to update screens across different locations without ever needing to leave my desk.

Pros

Very easy to use, super intuitive, regular updates with new features - I find myself renewed with excitement for this company and product when something new gets added.

Cons

Organisation - I'm a structured folder guy, sometimes I want to group things up more, but that's a personal preference. What I have found in my time using playsignage is that the team are usually willing and able to bend over backwards to fulfil the demand in a decent amount of time - features that were missing are now implemented because they listen.

After searching, finally found the signage software we need!

For a long time we had a 9-screen video wall with almost no flexibility in how it showed content. This software has given us the ability of looping Youtube videos, flyers, and other content seamlessly. For us that means better exposure, more engagement, and higher levels of entertainment for our guests.

Pros

It's the most intuitive and user-friendly software we've used! The editing capabilities and plugins make it easy for us to display various forms of content on our screens. In the past, we've been limited on what we could show which was a poor customer experience for our guests. This software gives us the versatility that we need to really enhance our guest experience.

Cons

The asset directory can get crowded and clunky if we don't keep on top of organizing the files. It'd be helpful to have an expiration date like there is for slides.

Highly Recommend!

Pros

I am not the typical user. I assumed the role of VP of a Women's Golf Association (all volunteer) earlier this year. We are a group of (mostly) retired women who play golf once-a-week at our golf club. One of my tasks was to maintain an old-fashioned bulletin board in our locker room -- a cork-board with paper notices posted using thumb tacks. Surely there had to be a better way. We had a television...

Cons

I have no comments for this section. There is nothing I don't like.

Hi Meredith, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you taking the time to put your review in.

Dwayne

Awesome tool for beginners

Pros

Ease of use User friendly Fast reliable

Cons

Needs more plugins Library needs more tools

Hi Dwayne, Thanks for the great review! If you have 5 minutes I would love to hear more about what plugins and tools for the library you think would benefit the user most - You can e-mail me at lars@playsignage.com

Great service for a really good price

We switched over to Play Digital Signage because of the flexibility of the service. With new software, you have to learn how to use it. Play Digital Signage is fast to learn with all sorts of handy features that we still keep discovering as we use it more. The customer service was super helpful with troubleshooting and with some features that we didn't know how to use. I would totally recommend it.

Pros

It's easy to create eye-catching and professional looking slides. The customer service is FAST and responsive.

Cons

The scheduler could be easier to use as it isn't very clear to set up schedules correctly.

Better than the rest

We needed to advise our clients of our changing opening times & services offered in this current Covid era & it has allowed us to keep them updated wherever we are.

Pros

Free single licence, ease of use, features, great support.

Cons

The WIFI connection is not detected automatically & requires setting up in the Linux screen which requires a bit of linux knowledge but much easier with an Ethernet connection.

Intuitive software with fantastic customer service

I had an initial conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] before trying out the software. He is exceptionally knowledgeable and personable, and did not try to "sell me" the product. We discussed it's potential and limitations. Once I started playing with the software, I had a couple of questions, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was just an email or IM away. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really went above and beyond in helping me out. I am really impressed with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the software and the company.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use, I love the drop-in, plug-and-play capabilities. And when things get a little confusing, the customer service is beyond extraordinary, going way and above what you would expect!! I also really liked the image and video options that come standard with the package.

Cons

I 'm not a fan of the gif's but I'm sure others could find better uses for them than I could. It would also be nice to be able to edit my playlists from my smartphone, but having a tablet that works, helps tremendously.

Extremely well built software!

We use it daily for our adversiting display and information for customers in our lobby.

Pros

Its stable! Runs great and on many platforms. The admin screens are so easy to use, you don't need training. You can figure out almost everything in 10 minutes of playing with it.

Cons

More advanced tools for the screen and plugins. API for connecting to 3rd party hardware or systems for example; emergency fire or shooter alerts and evuacations.

Hi Robert, Thanks for the review :) We do have an API to control the content on the screens in case you're interested in integrating it with external systems: https://api.playsignage.com/docs

Amazingly easy to deploy with many automatic advanced features

Pros

After trying various other digital signage software trials, and seeing how complicated they were to learn and deploy, the Play product was a total breath of fresh air !! I almost dismissed it in the beginning because it looked TOO simple. But the advanced features ARE there, and they work. In my case I needed to create a playlist of various WebCam web page links. The WebCam pages are very erratic in their design approaches, but I was able to get them sorted out, PLUS YouTube and Facebook integration - AMAZING.

Cons

Currently my main frustration is that the scripting feature is not available on FireTV or Chromecast, but I do understand its not the fault of the developer, more one of the Andriod application. So far it has not been a real issue.

Most Flexible Solution

Pros

I love the flexibility that Play gives me when creating layouts for the signage. Other solutions were very rigid in the layouts they supported and the ability to share assets between different sign layouts. Plus the price is great! I also love the variety of devices that can be used as players instead of being forced into a proprietary solution.

Cons

Some features aren't the most intuitive to get to, but their support is great in walking you through various steps!

Easy to use, priced right

Pros

We've been using a commercial package called SuperSign to broadcast to our lobby TV. We used it because for a long time we wanted to display a TV station inside a frame and put a welcome message on the side of the TV to greet people. It was very complex and a real pain for our receptionists to edit and change when clients came in. So we decided to find a better product and decided we didn't need...

Cons

The software is great, but just a general warning about the platform. The Amazon Fire stick is not a powerful platform to run the software from. When I put a "Welcome to" ticker on the bottom of a template, if I play at normal or fast speeds, it stutters when the slides above it change. If action is required for your purposes, you'll want a microcomputer platform instead of the Fire stick, but this is an easy way to test the platform and see if you like it. I put the ticker at slow speed so the stuttering isn't as noticeable and now it's acceptable for our purposes.

Easily the most robust solution at this price-point.

As a designer who works remotely, being able to efficiently manage content from the cloud rather than manually juggling flash drives with PowerPoint presentations has been fantastic.

Pros

Play offers an incredibly robust product at the absolute best price-point available. Customer support is nothing short of outstanding, and the fact that they integrate seamlessly with an extensive list of devices (FireStick, Android, Chrome, Apple, Raspberry Pi, Windows, etc.) and offer a clean intuitive cloud-based editor loaded with plug-ins and easy scheduling, there isn't another solution that even comes close. Play has completely streamlined the way we push content to the displays in our office. And as a designer who works remotely, being able to efficiently manage content from the cloud rather than manually juggling flash drives with PowerPoint presentations has been fantastic.

Cons

I haven't run into any negatives with the software.

I create presentations for our health care facility and often I need a lot of flexibilty combined with easy solutions to make quick, entertaining flyers and event promotions that catch the eyes of our residents and their families. Play is making it easy for me to do my thing without having to rack my brain too much on how to do it. Overall, I think they have a great product worth checking out.

Pros

Play is easy to use and easy to understand. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out other types of digital signage; but Play is very familiar because of its similarity to Powerpoint. So far, I am able to convert most of the powerpoint slides I have to this program and can build on them quite easily. Nice to find something that is easy to use "right out of the box"

Cons

There are a few features that I loose when converting powerpoint files, but its not all that bad. I have to spend alittle time trying to recreate certain effects; but, some of the extra features like adding a time/date, RSS feeds, and websites make up for what I may have lost.

Hi Antonio, thanks for the great review ! If you have any functionality you think we should add to our road-map, please don't hesitate sending us an e-mail at hello@playsignage.com

Digital signage made easy

I have noticed a marked increase in people interests in the events that we have posted as digital signage in our front lobby. It has piqued many potential customer's interest in our facility and keeps many of our staff and employees in the know about upcoming events and sharing special moments with our visitors. Great stuff.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use the software and to just get started making great digital signage from the time you first install access the program. So many great options and ways to make your content come to life. Best of all, you don't need to be an expert to figure out how to make it work. Even better is the fact that you can work anywhere with internet access and update your signage with just a few clicks of a mouse.

Cons

Only that it is limited by my imagination.

Great Product

Pros

Play is simple to use and produces a highly polished final product, the support is amazing I just wish more companies took notice how they support their product. very quick to setup and you can use a multitude of delivery methods to keep initial outlay low, it represents great value.

Cons

not being able to group playlist assets into project folders

Hi Dan, thanks for an amazing review - Regarding the grouping of Playlist Assets, can you explain what you mean with that? Are you referring to grouping the playlists themselves or assets in the editor?

Interesting interface and easy to use

While a great alternative to the more basic cloud CMS providers, and less complicated or hardware-dependent than the more expensive ones, there's still some polish needed on the plugins (aesthetically) and a few seemingly basic plugin options missing like news. I'm sure I could brainstorm more ideas for our particular use-case, but I don't know how useful that would be for others... we're a charity just looking to provide something to make our clients' wait time seem shorter. In addition to advertising other local charities, having dynamic content, like "this day in history", "famous quotes" and news makes the screen more engaging and interesting.

Pros

The ability to create screen content directly along with imported assets is great.

Cons

Lacking in dynamic content options such as news. While some competitors are lacking in the UI department, some have quite the "plugin" or "addon" selection to make up for it. On that note, the ability to use MRSS is great, but for our use-case, the cost to emulate competitors addon-based dynamic content with a 3rd-party feed service makes it cancel out the "1st screen free" benefit. Plugin suggestion: News from the major networks/outlets and the sub-categories as part of the selection.

HI Scott, Thanks for the review! We do appreciate any feedback we can get - both for usability, plugins and stuff to make our software easier to navigate in. So any feedback you have please send it to me at lars@playsignage.com. You have rated us 0 stars for Customer Support - Why is this? Have you emailen us, used the online chat or called ?? What happend ??

Simple Use Signage

Provides a professional option to disseminate information to guests in our front office without resorting to printed media. Very easy to configure and implement. Runs 24H a day, 7 days a week and is very stable. Only issues when the internet is slow or down, which is not often. For the small business that only needs 1 screen this really works well for us. As it is slide based anyone who knows PowerPoint can design in it and produce something professional.

Pros

Everything! Simple to use. Methodical in approach for rollout. For one screen totally free!

Cons

Nothing. Wouldn't use it if it wasn't fit for purpose :)

Pretty much everything we needed to manage my displays

Saves us quite a bit of money and time.

Pros

Our company has a lot of screens across the city and we can run bigger and smaller campaigns depending on the client's needs. Their pricing is pretty flexible. Depending on the size of the campaign we just pay for the screens that we actually use so it helps us optimize our expenses pretty well. I've used it on some indoor events and its pretty nice when you have one hub where you can just control all your screens.

Cons

Was surprised to find it supporting so many languages, including Estonian (which is only spoken by 1 million people), but the UI is still partially English in a few places. Please fix.

Amazing software so easy to use

We searched for a long time to find an easy solution to be able to display notices and announcements of upcoming weekly events as well as a monthly calendar of events by room in the church. We are a small congregation with a very small budget. and being able to have a fully functional software with no annual fee is the best for us. Having access to a support chat that will answer simple questions is over the moon awesome.

Pros

The best part is there is not a hundred different settings you HAVE to set up every time you want to change a display. there is a lot of control but you can just leave it at the defaults and it will give a satisfactory display. the learning curve is not very steep, if you can build a power point show you can easily use Play digital

Cons

The only con I have run into is that when setting up a schedule and you if you want to say put up the same 5 min playlist every hour there is no button for that. you need to just make a new schedule each time.

Sophisticated, yet easy to use signage development

Designing three displays in a visitor center. It was easy to do this without a lot of preplanning. As I worked with the Play Digital Signage editor, I was able to make improvements as I saw how things looked.

Pros

Complete functionality Easy to use Integrated with other composition products such as Google Slides Produces a solution that runs on inexpensive controllers

Cons

Editing response time a bit slower than I wanted -- can't be perfect

PlaySignage has been a great replacement of PowerPoint for our entry readerboard!

Parents are kept informed of upcoming events

Pros

The software is easy to use, not a lot of extra options to get in the way. I really like having the assets folders so I can update slides from almost any computer.

Cons

I wish there was a way to archive a slide for later use instead of just removing it. I would also like to be able to copy a slide from one playlist to another.

Hi Michael, thanks for a great review - we really appreciate you feedback! Regarding the "archive a slide" ... We're working on slide parking at the moment, so you should expect this in the next release.

Fantastic customer support experience

Pros

Screens and playlists are easy to create. I had an issue with some scripting for a login and support was fantastic in working with me to get the script working, fantastic experience.

Cons

Some devices do not allow opening a web console but this is a limitation of the device rather than the signage software.

Excellent technical support

Pros

Cons

We like Playsignage and highly recommend it and do not have any negative comments.

Great bit of software - didn't expect it to be this good!

As a private members club we are trying to communicate better with our members and Play Digital Signage has really helped in getting messages out as members walk past the screen in our foyer. This has generated interest in other activities at the club and also shows we are trying to make our promotions look professional.

Pros

Free software is often disappointing but not Play Digital Signage. The software is really easy to use - I taught the club pro to use in in less than 5 minutes (no exaggeration!). Easy configuration and easy deployment - what more can you ask for?

Cons

The lack of a recycle bin has caught me out a couple of times, would be a nice feature to have,

Hi Richard, great idea! I'll add it to our roadmap - Think it's a small job to implement it. And thanks for the great review.

Super easy infoscreen with great support

Displays info and timetable for students in hallway. Very easy and fast to make changes, if there are need. Changes appear instantly after publishing. Using with Amazon Fire TV stick. Using different playlists with scheduler.

Pros

Super easy to use. Reliable, no down times and problems. Support is great, had some ideas and they are now all implemented. And it's free for one screen!

Cons

Don't have nothing to complain. It works.