Play Digital Signage Logo

Play Digital Signage

User-friendly cloud-based digital signage software

Play Digital Signage Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.09/10

Reviews by rating

Playsignage is an excellent digital signage system that is made only better by great technical support. Recently they helped us with a javascript issue over a week-end so we could meet a deadline.
I am really pleased with PDS and their customer service. I have recommended it to a lot of friends.
The software is extremely user friendly and I was able to get up and running quickly. I like the fact that it is advertised as free for one screen and it is.
Changes appear instantly after publishing. Using with Amazon Fire TV stick.
The only issue I had was a mistake I had made - the date on the PC running the signage was off, so scheduling didn't work. Their support team helped me find the issue right away.

TA

Thom A.

Art Lead

Printing, 11-50 employees

Improved our companies communication

Transcript

Thom: Hi. I'm Thom, and I am the Art Lead at Series Inc, and I give Play Digital a four. Okay, so we...

Hi Tom, Thanks for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

Jake T.

Videographer

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

A wonderful low-budget option with cheap startup costs!

Transcript

Jake T.: Hey, y'all. My name is Jake. I'm the videographer at my company. My one to five rating for Digital...

Ed J.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use Digital Signage Platform

Pros

I like that this service has been easy to use from the first time I tried it. The number of apps available for various OS/platforms was a plus as we could bring our existing equipment over rather than having to purchase everything new. The desktop application makes management simple.

Cons

Devices can get disconnected from the signage system, usually after some time offline, and need to readded to play content. This does not happen often.

Hi Ed, Thanks for the review. Regarding the players "loosing" their link, please reach out using the live chat and let's have a look at what is going on. Regards Lars

AC

Anthony C.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

After searching, finally found the signage software we need!

For a long time we had a 9-screen video wall with almost no flexibility in how it showed content. This software has given us the ability of looping Youtube videos, flyers, and other content seamlessly. For us that means better exposure, more engagement, and higher levels of entertainment for our guests.

Pros

It's the most intuitive and user-friendly software we've used! The editing capabilities and plugins make it easy for us to display various forms of content on our screens. In the past, we've been limited on what we could show which was a poor customer experience for our guests. This software gives us the versatility that we need to really enhance our guest experience.

Cons

The asset directory can get crowded and clunky if we don't keep on top of organizing the files. It'd be helpful to have an expiration date like there is for slides.

MY

Melanie Y.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Review FBCB

Neutral.

Pros

The many options available to produce slides for the sign.

Cons

It takes a while to get the hang of using it.

Hi Melanie, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time. Regards Lars.

GW

Greg W.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Better guest/employee experience

Overall this is a product that is inexpensive and easy to use. Keeps everyone in the loop and you can push information instantly.

Pros

The ease of set-up, implementation and use. My employees are more engaged and keep up to date with our back office screens and our guests are easily able to see important information about our hotel and area. The Canva integration is a huge plus.

Cons

It randomly goes off line when using a firestick.

Hi Greg, Thanks for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

KM

Kafid M.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 201-500 employees

Why not use pixels for screen size

Pros

Speed publish need to be upgrade actually for videos file slide

Cons

U have android version n more os options

Hi Kafid, Thank you for the review. For screen size or canvas size, the default is aspect ratio, but you can also input your resolution, meaning pixel x pixel. Regards Lars

CW

Chase W.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

The Best Solution for Non-Managed Customers

Worked with the team in the past, its a great software for non-managed clients as its powerful and easy to use.

Pros

This software is intuitive and powerful to where customers can utilize powerful tools with very minor training.

Cons

The pricing is not on a sliding scale to where you get a discount for more units or for being a wholesaler.

Hi Chase, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

GZ

George Z.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

I recommend to everyone

This platform gives us the ability to quickly create and publish content on the screens in our facility.

Pros

The price is the single largest attractor for us. Being able to have pro-rated billing is clutch since we don't have the screens on all the time. The first screen is free which is the one we keep on all the time with general information. We can then easily scale up to as many screens as we need during events.

Cons

Social media integration. There is just a bit lacking from the ease of use and layout options.

Hi George, Thanks for the review - We appreciate you taking the time to do this. I'd be happy to get your input on what we should work on for the social plugins. You can e-mail me at lars@playsignage.com Regards Lars

KM

Kelsey M.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Love everything about Play Signage!!

I've only called customer service 2 times and each time has been beyond helpful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT was a helper for me today (a login issue due to our emails changing domains) and they were able to help not only quickly but extremely efficiently too.

Pros

The easy of use. Adding screens and updating the communications slides is wonderful and streamlined. I can rest assured that TV's I cannot physically see are updated! Plus, by using the app on a small computer device (we don't have smart TV's) the communications are displayed 24/7.

Cons

I found connecting to the TV was a bit cumbersome, but this is because we don't have smart TV's. After buying a small computer device, it worked beautifully.

Hi Kelsey, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

DH

Dustin H.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Best Interface Bang for your Buck!

Going from a signage company that controlled our content and required us to submit for changes to Play Signage that we control, design and broadcast, is priceless.

Pros

The familiarity of the interface to my desktop slideshow software is awesome. So easy to put together the slides I need for my displays quickly and efficiently.

Cons

I would like to drag and drop images directly to a slide from my desktop as opposed to the image asset upload.

Hi Dustin, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this.

RH

Richard H.

Design, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

The simplest and easiest to use digital signage system in the world

Pros

The cloud based interface is so easy to use, and this was why I originally choose this platform as I wanted non technical staff to updated and publish content.

Cons

The only part of the system I would like to see improvements is on the scheduling side of the platform its not as intuitive as other platforms I have previously used. I would also like to see real-time data of what is being displayed on all the screens at any one time.

Hi Richard, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time. We'd love to hear more about the scheduling part and how you imagine the real-time data. Regards Lars

KW

Keith W.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Better than the rest

We needed to advise our clients of our changing opening times & services offered in this current Covid era & it has allowed us to keep them updated wherever we are.

Pros

Free single licence, ease of use, features, great support.

Cons

The WIFI connection is not detected automatically & requires setting up in the Linux screen which requires a bit of linux knowledge but much easier with an Ethernet connection.

Hi Keith, Thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

AH

Anthony H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great Product - Shocking Support

Sadly the support does not prop up the high level and quality of the software. Due to a misunderstanding it was believed we had intentionally created duplicate accounts and their support (a single individual on all different occasions) accused us of being fraudulent thieves, and 'did we see how this looked'. After resolving this we found the account to be blocked again a few months later - we had...

Pros

The software itself is easy to use, adaptable and widely available on a lot of different platforms which makes it an easy choice for both beginner and advanced users. The online control panel is very easy with a drag-and-drop approach to creating slides and zones, the scheduling feature is great for delivering timed content.

Cons

There's not much I didn't like about the software - as a charity organisation it was a great free offering that allowed us to showcase important information such as support lines, centre information but the plugin options were somewhat limited in comparison to competitors.

Hi Anthony, Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Our free screen concept has been and is still very unique, but unfortunately, we see a lot of users trying to cheat the system by creating multiple accounts to get more free screens. When our system marks accounts and duplicates we check them manually to make sure no mistakes were made. After our last conversation we did reach out to you with a couple of screenshots and a more in-depth explanation - I hope you received the e-mail.

RM

Rose M.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Glad we switched!

Great!

Pros

Started using Play digital signage for our in-store menus and advertisements - so much cheaper than our previous system we were using and the quality is even better. We never have any problems with the software. Clean designs that capture customers are very easy to create and implement!

Cons

Every once in a while when you publish a screen, it will not update right away. sometimes it takes a few times.

Hi Rose, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Keep in mind, publishing a screen depends on the internet and WIFI, so depending on that it could take anything from a few seconds to several minutes. Naturally, this also depends on what you are publishing.

GA

Gianluigi A.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great for all uses

Pros

Cons

I have been using it for years now and I must say that it is perfect for my use, I started with the free screen and I will continue to use it with other screens with the paid subscription

Hi Gianluigi, Thanks for the review. Regards Lars

PH

Paul H.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Easier and Better than a Dedicated Device

We use Play in our store to show product-specific information.

Pros

The software supports most streaming devices as well as PCs. We run it on a PC on-screen and an Amazon Fire on another one. Setting up the presentations is relatively easy using a browser-based editor. It is a breeze to push the new content to all or select screens. I feel that the software will not become obsolete and can evolve as displays get better.

Cons

Setting up default zones on multiple slides for touch screen use is difficult. There should be a template that you can apply. Getting the best/correct resolution for the screen can be confusing. The editor is pretty easy to use, much like power-point but has its quirks that take some getting used to.

Hi Paul, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

NG

Nelson G.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

shots review

many play bugs, the app is often turned off and local technical assistance has to be done, I use android boxes

Pros

ease of playlist creation, easy access to the app, creation of groups of screens

Cons

few and weak templates, many app bugs , constant service failures with RSS , overlay this service on slides

HI Nelson, Thanks for the review. Regarding your comment, we'd like to know more about how and what you experience. "Many APP bugs" + "app is often turned off" sounds like a overloaded player. We are not in control of the player nor the resources in the player so if the content is too heavy for this player it will break down, but it's really not related to our APP or our software in general. Feel free to reach out if you want me to take a look at your content. Also, our Live Chat is available 24/7 should you have questions.

JP

Jason P.

Construction, 51-200 employees

The platform I've been looking for!

Where do I start! This platform is exactly what our company has been looking for. The ability to create content using the visual editor is extremely powerful and allows for a user friendly experience that prevents you from having to create content elsewhere. Along with the player management functions that allow you to see which players are online at a glance, and easily add players with a simply 6-digit code is a breath of fresh air coming from alternative platforms. On the topic of players, this platform can be installed on nearly every OS under the sun! The pricing model is also unique and very competitive. I've only had positive experiences when requiring support and the team is always quick to respond.

Pros

- User friendly interface - Great pricing model - Feature packed - Player and user management features - Visual editor that's extremely powerful

Cons

None at this time. We've converted most of our clients to PlaySignage from Brightsign, but it would be great to be able to install PlaySignage on a Brightsign player to prevent having to purchase a new player for these clients.

Hi Jason, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you taking the time. Regards Lars.

AB

Antonio B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Digital signage made easy

I have noticed a marked increase in people interests in the events that we have posted as digital signage in our front lobby. It has piqued many potential customer's interest in our facility and keeps many of our staff and employees in the know about upcoming events and sharing special moments with our visitors. Great stuff.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use the software and to just get started making great digital signage from the time you first install access the program. So many great options and ways to make your content come to life. Best of all, you don't need to be an expert to figure out how to make it work. Even better is the fact that you can work anywhere with internet access and update your signage with just a few clicks of a mouse.

Cons

Only that it is limited by my imagination.

EA

Eric A.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

This Product is Great

Overall the experience with Play Digital Signage has been wonderful

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. It lets you know when it's not working which is rare. I love how you can control many screens from on place.

Cons

The only downside is it is not easy to get a hold of someone in customer service. No one to call and had to wait a while to chat online.

HI Eric, Thanks for your review. I find the whole "The only downside is it is not easy to get a hold of someone in customer service" a little odd. How long did you have to wait? Our Live Chat is 24/7, no robots, just people on three continents ready to help you. I did search out support for "Eric A", but didn't find anything. Please provide you feedback.

SH

Sarah H.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Play digital signage

Pros

We love the ease with which we can change out our electronic menus in store from a remote central location. Helps with quality control across all of our different locations! We are also using it for our employee break room screens so that we can keep our employees up to date on the latest things going on and keep them posted on need to knows real time which has been a more helpful communication tool than hundreds of emails that get ignored. Also like the cost savings features if you pay annually and have multiple screens.

Cons

N/A There is currently nothing we would note as a con with the software. It has been user friendly and helpful to our organization.

Hi Sarah, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

JM

Jay M.

Religious Institutions, self-employed

Play for Worship Spaces

Extremely fast to set up and get running.

Pros

It is extremely versatile. I like that I did not have to sit through a ton of classes to learn how to use it.

Cons

Truthfully, I haven't found any issues with the product.

Hi Jay, Thanks for the review - It's always a pleasure to see happy users. Regards Lars.

ZB

Zoran B.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Simply, easy and cheap solution

Pros

This is an very silmply tool, ease to handle and very cheap solution for digital signage. i have check much solutions. and anyone is good but expansive or is cheap but is bad. this is all in one.

Cons

What I like best is the simplicity and of course the price-performance ratio

Hi Zoran, Thanks for the review, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars

BE

Brad E.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Play Signage Rocks

We love play and it very reliable and afordable

Pros

Easy to use and reliable. The visual editor is amazing. Love that it supports the Mac and android players.

Cons

No good way to synchronize players and hoping that play will support Brightsign. I would also like to see a way to bring in a USB 1080P web cam as a live video input.

Hi Brad, Thanks for the review! We appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars.

RB

Robert B.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Extremely well built software!

We use it daily for our adversiting display and information for customers in our lobby.

Pros

Its stable! Runs great and on many platforms. The admin screens are so easy to use, you don't need training. You can figure out almost everything in 10 minutes of playing with it.

Cons

More advanced tools for the screen and plugins. API for connecting to 3rd party hardware or systems for example; emergency fire or shooter alerts and evuacations.

Hi Robert, Thanks for the review :) We do have an API to control the content on the screens in case you're interested in integrating it with external systems: https://api.playsignage.com/docs

JK

Jonalyn K.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Super user friendly product!

From the very beginning this has been a great experience! Any questions I have had, have been answered quickly and efficiently! Our business is on a busy street in our small town, this sign is perfect to get any info out to out community!

Pros

This product is very easy to use, even with the most basic computer knowledge anybody can personalize their Play Signage!

Cons

No complaints here, this company is great to work with!

Hi Jonalyn, Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate you taking the time to do this. Regards Lars