PromoRepublic Reviews

4.62/5 (121 reviews)

Philip Pearson-Every Brown

PromoRepublic Nailed It

Reviewed 2019-11-19

We needed a way to manage our client social media posts and our own and we had trialled several different applications that promised to do just that and all were pretty much similar but the fell down on areas that PromoRepublic nailed immediately - ease of use, look and feel and the creation process was great as soon as we logged in. Support has been great and responsive and if there has been an issue, the workaround can be discovered most times by ourselves and doesn't require a code degree to do it. New users in the company are up and running with the basics in about 10 minutes flat and that is just great.

Pros
The way the software menus are laid out makes it very clear how to use this software and the suggested Posts Ideas are a great starting point to help you develop a strategy for the coming days, weeks and months for your own or your client social posts. The Editor is a breeze to use and allows pretty much all the customisation you would ever need and the fact that you can upload your own images created outside of the software to use in a post pretty much covers all bases.

Cons
The Post Ideas are broken into Categories and for us, as a Tech company their offerings aren't great under the Technology category but having said that, they are a great idea sparker and often form the template for something we do - text content being changed. We sometimes find on a rare occasion, we get logged out and it asks us for our password and even though it's not been changed it won't accept the password we use. We have to reset the password and if we use the same one, it accepts it and lets us in. It's not a deal-breaker, just annoying as it always happens when I want to do something ;)

Reviewed 2019-02-12

Pros
I tried a bunch of social marketing solutions while searching for one that fit me and my companies. PromoRepublic is the one I eventually chose. Not only does it offer the social media sites I needed, it has a catalog of thousands of suggested social media content posts, curated for your business. This helps you schedule relevant posts even when you don't have great ideas at that minute. The photo editor right in the system is great. We no longer have to search stock photos to choose what we need, go to a separate photo editing service to edit the photo, then go to our social media manager to post it. Now, we can do it all in one system, which is such a time saver. The EverGreen content manager allows us to repurpose posts that had high engagements and are still viable, and the analytics are great. Not only that, but I love that we can add multiple brands to our dashboard. Such a time saver! I locked in a lifetime pricing via an App sale site, but even their regular pricing isn't bad at all for all the features you get. Support is super reactive too, they listen to all suggestions, and most suggestions users have posted are either already done, or already added to the roadmap for 2019-2020. You can't beat a service that actually listens to its customers and wants to improve.

Cons
I would like to see more niche content for the curation sections. The content categories they have right now are rather broad and could use narrowed down a bit. As an author, I chose Media, but most of the content is still iffy as to whether it applies to me or not, and most aren't things I'd post on my author accounts, but more for my publisher account. Still, I love that they have options for Pinterest, articles, quotes, etc. It gives a great catalog of content to use if it fits your niche, and spurs new ideas as well, even when it doesn't quite fit. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase and how it has revolutionized my social media management.

Paul Chick

Social Posting Made Simple

Reviewed 2019-08-23

PromoRepublic allows us to keep our brand in front of our audience. We can update our audience with relevant topics and ideas of interest and generate traffic to our website. A recent Pin went viral and increased our traffic by 300%. PromoRebublic provides us with analytics on this as well as a simple mechanism to repeat this process. We primarily use Pinterest and Facebook as out social marketing platforms and this is done all in the one place with PromoRebublic.

Pros
PromoRepublic provides a one stop place for all your Social Media publishing needs. Simple to connect all types of Social accounts and schedule posting at dates and times to suit your audience. Select from a fully functioning editor to create your own posts from scratch, or use their huge base of templates. Trending and seasonal post ideas such are also provided for a wide range of markets and platforms. Detailed analytics is provided on all your posts. The pricing is scalable and much better than the competitors.

Cons
The calendar showing your scheduled posts is seperate for each platform and in the case of Pinterest for each of your boards. A consolidated calendar showing all scheduled posts across platforms and Pinterest boards would be nice to have.

BJ Jones

PromoRepublic makes social media simple

Reviewed 2019-08-26

The customer service is outstanding at PromoRepublic. When we first began using the program, our team had lots of questions, but PromoRepublic took the time to answer each one fully and politely. I still ask one question every week, but the software is now so simple for me, that my questions are usually about certain graphics.

Pros
As a media company, we want to present our content in the best way possible and then distribute to social media. Our company did a great job engaging our members on Facebook, but Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest were more difficult for us until we found PromoRepublic. PromoRepublic has ideas for social media posts every day with pre-made graphics that you can use as-is or edit to include your logo or change photos/text. Our time is valuable and PromoRepublic helped us get more of it back, and we even use it for Facebook now as well, but it is especially useful for the more difficult Pinterest and Instagram posting routines.

Cons
I would like to have direct publishing with Instagram, but PromoRepublic makes it easy by simply allowing you to authorize posts in a very easy to use app.

Incredibly Helpful

Reviewed 2019-02-15

I LOVE this platform. I have told probably a half dozen other businesses about it.

Pros
There are so many things I like about this software. 1) The design/edit function is so easy to use. It makes creating branded images sooooo easy. 2) The calendar lets you have complete visibility into what and when you are publishing. 3) They make suggestions for the best times to post on each channel based on algorithms and experience. SO GREAT. 4) They have tons of pre-made content posts available and ready to go, so you always have ideas to choose from.

Cons
You can't save your brand colors, so you have to constantly copy and paste in hex colors into the post editor. Instagram posting is a pain--which is probably not their fault, as you can schedule it in Promo, but then you have to actually push publish from your phone. The other thing I wish it had was a way to see which of their pre-made posts you have already used. After you use the platform for several years, I've been using it 2.5 years, you forget what you have used.

Ricardo Santiago

The Best Social Media Tool On The Market

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Great. I've used other tools in the past and this is by far my favorite. I hardly have to use photoshop or other design tools when creating posts. The built in photo editor is amazing. I'm into graphic design so I love the amount of features this tool has. Even my employees that don't have a design background find the tool easy to use and make their posts look like an expert designer created it. There is so much built into this app that it's worth getting. Outside of using the tool, I also must say that their Customer Service is amazing. Anytime I have any questions about using their tool or adding a new team member, they are always happy to help. They have a friendly staff and they have a very quick response time. Shout out to CSR for always taking the time to help me!

Pros
The ease of use. This app is has a number of great features that make it easy to create and schedule posts across all social platforms.

Cons
It's hard to say. I don't think there is anything that I like least about it. It would be cool if they can find a way to add Video templates to their tool. As video posts become increasingly popular there are some apps on the market that allow you to customize stock videos with text and graphics. It would be neat if Promo Republic can integrate something like this into their tool.

Eliza Wróbel

Simply the best all-in-one social media marketing platform

Reviewed 2019-07-10

As I said, using one tool instead of few different tools is a pure pleasure - we save time, and definitely save money. Plus the library of content ideas and templates is so unique - no other social media tool has anything similar.

Pros
We found all we need - from content creationg and tons of post ideas and templates, to automatic scheduling to 5 main social channels (Fb, Tw, Inst, Li, Pin). Using one tool to manage all our social media campaigns is a pure pleasure.

Cons
No video content and templates. You can upload your own videos, and gifs, but they don't have pre-designed video templates. Let's see if they add some.

Sara Fulmer

Product Review

Reviewed 2019-09-04

No complaints it has been well worth the investment and the customer service has been awesome!

Pros
I love the templates, ease of use, and the recommendations on when to post what type of content. Also having all accounts under one software is a huge time saver!

Cons
Instagrams discount a lot and I do not know until they don't post.

Chris Torres

Fantastic social scheduler that is just short of greatness

Reviewed 2019-09-03

Overall PromoRepublic is a great piece of software that is just shy or true greatness.

Pros
PromoRepublic is super simple to use and even links with Google My Business which not many others I know of do. It also provides direct Instagram posting, one of the reasons we left Hootsuite! Also the approval system is great... for the most part (see below).

Cons
The only reason I have not given this 5 stars for functionality as it is missing two key components which should have been standard... 1. Apart form Twitter, most other channels will not pick up businesses you tag in posts meaning you have to manually edit these posts once online. 2. When setting a post for approval no one is notified. It would be handy that anyone assigned to that workspace would be notified or could br tagged in to be notified. Makes the whole approval and notification system null and void.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Audrey Sourroubille Arnold

The most complete social media software on the market

Reviewed 2019-02-19

I can plan a whole month of updates on all my social media profiles within a 1/2 day of work, so I love that PromoRepublic helps me be very efficient with the time I spend on social media. That's why I keep using it since 2016, and why I recommend it to my clients too.

Pros
- Many social media platforms are included, which allows to post simultaneously on Facebook (pages + groups), Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest. - You can create your images within the software, as it includes a picture creation tool that looks very similar to Canva; and allows you to resize your pictures too. - You have updates that are pre-created for you, should you wish to use them, which saves you time thinking about what to post and when. - You have calendar features that help you strategise relevant seasonal content to share with your audience. - You can re-post some of the updates you created in the past. - You can upload photos, gif, videos.

Cons
- The pricing might be a bit stiff when you're starting out, but when you consider how much time you're saving through using the tool, it's well worth it.

Kathy Morelli

Great social media management software

Very good.

Pros
I love that I can schedule my social media presence however far in advance I'd like. I often do one month at a time.

Cons
I wish it was less expensive for a solopreneur like myself.

Laura Burdett

Simply the Best!

Reviewed 2019-08-27

Increased engagement on social media channels. Fantastic customer support. Competitively priced. Great for a solo business. Using PromoRepublic has been a game-changer for me as an independent author. Frees up valuable time for writing.

Pros
ease of scheduling to different social media sites extensive graphic files graphic editor suggested content/graphics upload graphics auto-scheduling branding easy to use

Cons
Wish we could post directly to Instagram. (I know that this is an Instagram issue)...but, it's difficult to remember to go on iPhone app to approve on a timely basis (Wish List Item!) Otherwise, PromoRepublic is THE BEST!

Tamica Sears, PHR, ACC

A Total Lifesaver

Reviewed 2019-10-11

PromoRepublic allows me to schedule my social media posts for months out. If I spend 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon I can get most of my posts for Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, and Instagram done for the entire month. This is the biggest timesaver I have ever come across.

Pros
This product saves me more time than anything else that I use. I would not be able to handle any of my social media accounts if it weren't for PromoRepublic. It's easy to use, the ideas for posts are awesome and I love how easy it is to schedule posts across multiple social media platforms.

Cons
I would love to be able to see more data about how my posts are doing without paying an arm and a leg. Also, I would pay for more ideas but right now the cost is a bit outrageous. Having better articles might help too.

Tiffany C

Best content Tool but glitchy

Reviewed 2019-08-27

PromoRepublic is a huge time saver for our small agency. We cant live without it.

Pros
I love the library of premade content ideas based on industry, being able to see each channels scheduled content in calendar format, ease of use of the editor, and ability to connect channels beyond just FB, IG and Twitter. This tool is an amazing time saver!

Cons
The software can be glitchy when it comes to connecting social channels. Support is obviously not US based and they are not available during the a large portion of the day which is an issue waiting for a response..

One of my Favorite Tools to Use

Reviewed 2019-05-16

Pros
I’ve used a bunch of different products in the past to help me schedule posts on Social Media and so far Promo Republic is my go to tool. The scheduling works well, and I like how the calendar layout is set out for each account, the ability to write notes and plan posts ahead of time is good for me as well. It also has the built in editor and post ideas to help you create interesting posts for whatever you want. While you can’t post directly to Instagram, you can however schedule posts and have them appear in the Promo Republic app on your phone, with a couple of clicks your post with all of your text is published, this is the feature I use the most.

Cons
A con for me is that the ideas for posts and seasonal post ideas are all set for the Northern Hemisphere, not ideal for me in the Southern Hemisphere. It would be good if it could change and be more relevant to where someone is located. After scheduling a post, you then have to click and go back to the calendar view, I really want for it to have the option of creating another post straight away.

A Really Great Product for Scheduling and Creating Social Media Posts

Reviewed 2019-01-13

Besides the poor experience with customer support, I have really enjoyed using PromoRepublic. It makes managing social media accounts a lot easier and saves me time. The graphics creator is especially valuable, it allows me to quickly make great posts easily.

Pros
I have been very impressed with the versatility of the product. I can create graphics directly in the PromoRepublic app and then schedule them, this saves me time over having to use multiple programs. I also love the scheduling calendar, it's easy to view all of your posts you have scheduled and even gives recommendations of the best time and topic to post about.

Cons
Their customer service has been a nightmare to work with. I had a question I needed resolved and it took over 3 weeks, multiple people, and days and days of ignored chat to get the correct response. It was extremely frustrating and cost me a lot of time and energy on a situation that was not very difficult.

Ye Jinming Melvin

Social Media Marketing Becomes Fun

Reviewed 2019-01-16

Looking forward to their AI content generation posts.

Pros
Hard to admit but Promorepublic is one of the better social management tools that helps us organize our content strategy into a nice detailed calendar. Often while working with many clients, we sometime find ourselves "brain-freeze" and looking for inspiration on what to write and how to composite those posts. Solved. PR helps to dig into relevant interesting social posts and have those ready-made templates where we can add in our branding/ flavors by swapping out the copytext and images. Must have if you're doing multiple clients' social media related stuff.

Cons
Still craving for Google My Business social channel to be integrated within. Facebook multiple images is supported but there's no option to add them into a new facebook album (critically game-changing).

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Perfect for Social Media

Reviewed 2019-08-26

Pros
It's an everything product making social media into a fun job rather than a task.

Cons
Any issues I've had were cleared up quickly with their support. They have a Trello board so you can see what's being done in future development.

Karina Martinez

Effective Social Media Management Platform

Reviewed 2019-08-26

Pros
I really like the way it facilitates social media content creation. The calendar helps a lot to remember important days/holidays that make it easier for one to generate specialized content. The dashboard is easy to handle and keeps everything well organized. The webinars can be helpful too!

Cons
There's a lack of stock content... (at least for my industry). Most of the pictures we find on free stock photo sites are the ones that appear on the platform. It would be nice to have a better quality of stock images.

Sunil Neurgaonkar

It's a win for us to have PR as an Indian agency managing clients in the US

Reviewed 2018-04-24

We're able to manage our clients in the US without any hassle.

Pros
It gives us to schedule posts for a number of clients and different platforms for them. Also, it has a design tool inbuilt which helps to design creatives there itself. Their templates base is awesome and everygrowing. Plus there are latest templates according to the event happening in the world. Their calender is awesome. Helps you plan your event related posts quickly and without leaving the tool.

Cons
Their stats are messed up. Although we use a different tool for stats, but would love if they improved the page + posts statistics. So it would be easier for us to create reports as well. Also, their calendar is very much focused to the US only. If it were for other countries, it would have been the best tool for us.

Full Service Social Media App

Reviewed 2019-08-01

PromoRepublic is a powerful social media tool. There is an editor that allows you to create social media posts easily and quickly. There are even premade posts that you can easily customize. There are templates for common social media post sizes that you can easily choose. You can post these images directly to your content calendar and PromoRepublic even suggests the best types of posts for certain days and times. You can either just post your image or you can flag it for review. This allows multiple people to easily approve posts.

Pros
You can create and post content all in one place. PromoRepublic has a great editor as well as a powerful content calendar

Cons
PromoRepublic doesn't have the option to reply to comments through the app.

Becca Blake

Reviewed 2019-09-17

Being able to schedule on multiple platforms in one place is nice. But honestly I'd hoped for more of the capabilities listed above.

Pros
Very user friendly. I also like that I can manage several accounts all in one place. Ability to have posts approved and clients can leave comments/notes.

Cons
Unable to save brand elements such as fonts, logos, colors, etc. Can't save a library of photos for each client. Can't save a list of hashtags No Instagram or Facebook tagging capabilities. Can't drag and drop to reschedule posts

Anonymous

Overall decent for the price

Reviewed 2019-07-24

Pros
The customer service is fast with responses and helping see problems fixed.

Cons
There seems to be too many issues that go wrong in the beginning with connecting all the social media channels, I had to change my password several times and log in and out a lot, and a few post would go unscheduled.

Ol Lanfear

Using this product has made scheduling posts into the future a lot easier.

Reviewed 2017-06-09

Pros
The team. They are quick to respond to questions. They also through the use of weekly webinars, their YouTube Channel and the FAQ section on their site keep you updated on new features added to PromoRepublic. A good feature is the ability to select copyright free images from within the app that can be used in a social media campaign. This is on top of the ready made templates they have for variuous industries, which gives the creative side of the brain a break from coming up with fresh content for social media.

Cons
All the things I like least about the software are things that are on PromoRepublics roadmap add to the app, such as Pinterest, resizing images. One thing not available at the moment is being able to post a video using the app.

Hugo Olivares

Time Saving

Reviewed 2019-03-01

Overall, the software is good, having so many templates saves you time and if you use autopilot mode, you save more. Also, the content editor and free stock pictures available are good enough for most agencies doing SMM for brand awareness.

Pros
I really love that the app has plenty of templates to use and easy to use content editor. The autopilot mode is great, super time-saving - it gives you the times you need to post, and what kind of post you should use. Also, the upcoming events calendar shows almost any event happening worldwide. You find crazy things like "National peanut butter lover's day" (today March 1st), National pig day, National day of action, etc. Things you're usually not aware of.

Cons
I believe the options to recycle content should be more granular. You should be able to label, tag or categorize each post type and then decide how you will recycle that content. I.E. - If you're publishing website posts, they should go into a category of "website posts" and then you could recycle that content each month, on Mondays. This behavior I suggested is based in Recurpost.