ReachMail Logo

Web-based email message creation and campaign marketing tool

ReachMail Reviews

Suggested alternatives

constant-contact
sendgrid
salesforce-marketing-cloud

I am not a communication specialist, but have been successful thanks to the great built in help system and tutorials that ReachMail provides.
I sometimes have difficulty with formatting text, and controlling the spacing details in the rows. Perhaps this is a lack of training and expertise on my part - but that is a frustration for me.
I am not sure - I think mailchimp did have that more - however, I probably missed this and need to explore more.

JS

Jeffrey S.

Teaching Professor

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great product

Transcript

Jeff: Hi, my name is Jeff, and I'm the owner of a health and wellness business. I give ReachMail a five...

Mark C.

President

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Best value for email marketing

Transcript

Mark C.: I'm Mark, president of my company and I give ReachMail a five out of five. And for more reviews...

Murray N C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great mass email application

We distribute emails to our 2500 Canadian members weekly.

Pros

Reach Mail is easy to use and very inexpensive.

Cons

Online editor could be easier to use. Sometimes the fonts don't transfer over from other apps.

Thanks so much for your review. Our editors only support Websafe fonts for maximum compatability. Please contact support for further assitance.

SB

Shantelle B.

Information Services, 201-500 employees

Great platform for small businesses to get their messaging out

ReachMail provides our association with a user-friendly process for getting communications out to our members, and it had a great analytics system for us to monitor and identify who is engaged, and what content interests them.

Pros

Templates and user-friendly features make it possible for anyone to create great communication without any programming background.

DC

David C.

Publishing, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Very good but room for improvement

I don't have business problems as such. I'm a writer selling and marketing books and I use a number of service providers. Reachmail is one of the better ones but could be much better.

Pros

5,000 subscribers (better than most of its competitors). The reporting and sending process is straightforward. The site is basically good to use. The list cleaning system is particularly useful. It's always tricky to keep lists clean. If the system had a way of recognising spam traps that may inadvertently appear it would be a major step forward.

Cons

Deleting the entire list of subscribers when desired is cumbersome. You have to copy and create another list and fiddle around. The WYSIWYG editor is not as good or sophisticated as some. I'm using it now (taken a break to fill in this survey). I can't insert margins around photographs (you enter figures, try to do it and image vanishes). Boxes appear and you can't get rid of them. A row of boxed symbols has now appeared which is new to me. They just get in the way. Take a leaf out of Mailchimp. It's also hard to check and see if the autoresponder works. It does, because a list is added to, but to amend it is not easy. And it's impossible to actually SEE a form you already created.

David, Thank you for your comments. We are working on enhancing the AutoResponders based on customer feedback. We have made some improvements in the past few weeks and more are pending in the near term. Feel free to let us know what you need. We always appreciate customer input. List deletion is very simple. Just select the list and click the big red DELETE button. In your case, however, all...

LF

Lee F.

Online Media, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Cost effective and fairly easy to use

ReachMail has been useful in sending out and tracking enewsletters for more than five years for me.

Pros

List management and clean-up is very helpful, as is the ease of importing new addresses as clients ask to be included. Makes creating each email newsletter easy and consistent since you can duplicate the entire email and just re-do the new information. The reporting feature is very helpful.

Cons

Sometimes the steps to take in creating a new campaign can be confusing, and there is no easy way to go back and correct typos etc. in labels. I dislike that some of the earliest campaigns are no longer accessible.

Thank you so much for the review. We're always looking for ways to make our product better and easier to you. Please contact support about the issue with going back and correcting types and they'll be happy to help with using the product or request enhancements to make the product easier to use.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

ReachMail is a solid emailing platform

I will recommend this solution to our menagment and I want to use it in the future.

Pros

I think it is easy and intuitive to compose the first email. I like the ability to track and review data, like bounce statistics for my emailing campaigns. The reporting part is working well in this application. Tech savy and no-technical users can feel embraced by this solution. I like the message builder with drag and drop option.

Cons

I think the template library could have newer, fresher designs. We could also use more of best practices videos and tutorials to get the most out of this solution.

AK

Angeli K C.

Continuing to Evolve

overall it has been a very worthwhile experience. I enjoy seeing the new upgrades that keep coming keep them coming

Pros

I am able to customize templates to my own discretion it makes it easier to design things that are brand specific

Cons

Not exactly the easiest to learn however it is a useful tool to help integrate you into other areas of public relations and marketing

LM

Lisa M.

Newspapers, self-employed

Orangevale View Review

I love ReachMail! It provides me a creative and informational way to reach out to those who support and contribute to our newspaper. Affordable and Great Customer Service.

Pros

Give me an afforable and creative way to connect with our newspaper's contributors; reporters, writers, advertisers, and community

Cons

I did have a challenge with the clean sweep feature... However, Customer Service was quick to assist and resolve. Very satified.

Av

Angela v.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Have used ReachMail for years and will continue to do so.

A big fan! More affordable than similar products.

Pros

Love how easy it is to use templates to create eye-catching newsletters. I also love that I can easily clean up my mailing list regularly.

Cons

Not many cons. I really enjoy using this software.

JS

Julie S.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Advertising

Easy, inexpensive and quick way to reach a large number of our customers,

Pros

Easy to use and lots of functionality options. Very good and quick customer and tech service.

Cons

I have not had any negative issues with this software yet!

Francesca D.

Publishing, self-employed

I can’t speak highly enough about ReachMail.

Pros

These folks know what they’re doing. My newsletter is the core of my marketing. As the sole income for my household, my marketing has to be solid, so I’m not going to mess around with anything less than the best newsletter service. Sending newsletters through ReachMail is easy, intuitive, and top of the line. But if you do have a problem, customer support knows how to explain things to non-technical...

Cons

No cons, they’re that good! Anyone who’s dealt with mass mailings on a regular basis knows what a pain it can be. I’m so grateful to ReachMail for making it easy for me instead. Sure, sometimes they hit a bump because nothing is perfect, but they’re quick to take care of it, and don’t make excuses.

JD

Josh D.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

I think it's great, but company doesn't use it to its full potential.

There are a ton of features that my coworkers refuse to use. They are set in their ways and getting them to do anything different is like pulling teeth. They don't upkeep their lists; they get mad when disengaged and unsuscribed users are purged and often ask us to revert the changes even though I explain to them that it hurts us; they don't care about analytics and what works; they don't care about...

Pros

List management and unsubscriber handling make it powerful and convenient. Customer service is great and helps out whenever help is needed (especially when I was trying to wrap my head around SPF, DKIM, and DMARC).

Cons

HTML editing is cumbersome and doesn't always "take"; I have to paste my changes to notepad in case the changes don't stick. Preheader text is removed whenever an email is duplicated. It would be nice if lists could be grouped in multiple ways (maybe they can I just don't know how); we have a ton of lists and going through them every time for a monthly email can be time consuming and prone to error.

Thank you so much for the review. Please contact support about the issue with the HTML editor. They should be able to help get to the bottom of what's happening.

JD

Jay D.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

ReachMail Rocks

I have been a client of ReachMail for 2+ years. My email sending volume has ramped up substantially over that time and they have enabled my company to grow quickly but under control. I would and have routinely recommended ReachMail for any companies email sending needs. You cannot go wrong with making ReachMail your ESP.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to work with and the staff is fantastic, specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

We are on dedicated IP addresses as we send volume. I would like to see them switch up the IP's and build the extra price, if any, into my fee structure.

PL

Paul L.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Great Solution for Weekly Church Announcements

I have been using it problem free for almost 7 or 8 years. It is wonderful.

Pros

We are a religious not for profit organization. Costs must be kept to a minimum. This software has been the ideal answer to the volume and frequency of my communications. I have not had to pay anything at all for this service and I do not even come close to exceeding the limits that would trigger costs.

Cons

I don't know if it is the software's fault, but any emails sent to roadrunner.com addresses always bounce, so I have had to remove them from my database. Your tech help tried to assist some time ago, but to no avail. I think it is a roadrunner problem.

Thanks so much for the review. Support can take another look to see if we can get to the bottom of the delivery issues to Roadrunner.

ED

Ernesto D.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Excellent Choice in Email Marketing

We've used it for the past 4 years and love everything about it.

Pros

The templates are great and ease of use of the entire software is awesome.

Cons

Some of the templates can be difficult to use. I think simplicity could be improved.

SD

Sean D.

Online Media, 11-50 employees

One Stop Shop for All Our Mailing Needs

Reachmail really has been a great service to work with. In the 6+ years of working with them, they have been a great, reliable ESP that goes above and beyond for their clients.

Pros

Reachmail is incredibly easy to use with the ability to set up and send marketing promotions on the fly. I think my favorite aspect of working with Reachmail has been the excellent customer service. They have routinely gone above and beyond to accommodate our needs, offer professional guidance, and customize our account to helps us achieve our goals and optimize our mailing capabilities.

Cons

Off the top of my head, I can't think of ways in which Reachmail is lacking. If anything, the major con of working with Reachmail is not taking advantage of all the features and assistance Reachmail offers.

MO

MaryLou O.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Keeping heart patients in the know

I produce a newsletter that is free to all those who want to receive it. It contains articles about improvements in heart medications, procedures and other information like who is speaking at the next meeting. It gives our readers member phone numbers should they want to talk to another person who has had similar heart surgeries. I have been editor since 2011- we started with 55 patients. I was using Gmail. When I reached 500 patients I had to wait 24 hours before I could send out the last one - 499 was their limit. A friend helped me find ReachMail - and now we have over 2,000 patients that receive our newsletter.

Pros

It is easy to use and helps me get the monthly newsletter out to the heart patients we visit daily at our local hospital.

Cons

None. So far all is good. why does this box keep reappearing - I am done.

JW

Jen W.

ReachMail

I have had a positive experience with ReachMail and look forward to continued use.

Pros

I like that I can easily send mass emails keeping our membership and donors apprised of what is happening at our senior center. I also like that I can construct my emails and schedule to send them at a later date. The customer service is always very helpful and courteous as well.

Cons

I do not like the pre loaded templates. I feel they could be more user friendly especially when putting in pictures. Unfortunately, pictures cannot be made into custom sizes with the templates.

SK

Steve K.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Great For Sports Organization

We used and tried several other systems but this one best meets our needs and exceeds our expectations.

Pros

We use ReachMail for both marketing to reach new students as well as communicate with our parents and students. It works extremely well for both as it is easy to use, customize, and set the time and date we want to sent information out. Price is very affordable which is important for our non-profit youth sports organization.

Cons

We do not have any issues with this software. Maybe see more templates to choose from for marketing.

Thank you so much for the review. We'll keep working on adding attractive and useful templates to the platform.

RL

Roxanne L.

Machinery, 1-10 employees

Thumbs Up for my ReachMail Experience!

The overall experience has been Great!

Pros

The test emails were most beneficial especially, in the beginning, however, I still use it as a safety. I can review my campaigns before I send them out. It was not easy to transition at first, but I was given a lot of help via Customer Service.

Cons

My boss did not want me to set up the campaigns the way ReachMail was designed to use. The beginning that was difficult as I am not able to set up HTML's. It took some time to create clear emails that were legible for our contacts.

AB

Amy B.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Customer Service

The reason we have undoubtedly stuck with ReachMail for many years is the great customer service! Our service rep is easily accessible by phone and email and super helpful and that is hard to come by with some of these services!

Pros

I love the Message builder! Makes it easy to build emails... though I do wish their were easier customization options (changing size of photos, dragging them around, etc.)

Cons

I think the list management could be improved. It seems as though there should be easier ways to send or exclude certain domains, soft bounces, etc.

MR

Mark R.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

How I use ReachMail

Overall I am happy with ReachMail. The free account severs my present needs and if circumstances require me to upgrade to a larger account, the prices are reasonable.

Pros

I like the ease of use and support that ReachMail provides. I publish monthly and timely newsletters to our membership of over 1500 members. I like the templates offered, or I can create a basic newsletter to meet my needs. The software is easy to use and provides all the tools I need to be sucessful.

Cons

There is a learning curve, but there are tutorials and online or phone support. After sending my first few newsletters it was easy to navigate my way around.

JY

Joshua Y.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

simplicity

satisfied.

Pros

simple to use, and great customer service catered to your needs.

Cons

when you add the list, hope there is a way to upload them at once. I have to upload each list file individually and it takes a lot of time for me.

Thank you so much for the review. I'm not sure I understand the issue with uploading multiple lists at once. You may want to contact support to see if there is a simpler way to handle your workflow.

GS

Gio S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great email marketing tool at a fraction of the cost

I love Reachmail. It get's the job done as well as any competitor without the ridiculous price tag!

Pros

The price is great! It is also fairly user friendly and has fewer issues than it's competitors

Cons

It's a bit tricky to use at first, but once you understand it, it's absolutely great

CL

Cliff L.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

A great email program for business and marketing

Pros

Ease of use, great dashboard and data snap shot of mailing results. Bullet proof data retention. Super tech support, very eager to help and maximize use of the program. Love the educational module.

Cons

Ensuring fonts are consistent in document.

BS

Boo S.

Used other for 2+ years

enthusiastic recommendation for Reachmail

Pros

I am the registrar for a cycling event in Virginia called the Tour de Chesapeake. We have grown in numbers and interest to the point, I needed an email service. After much research, I decided to go with Reachmail. I have never regretted my decision. The website is very intuitive and requires very little tutorials or training - they are available if needed but it's likely you won't even need them. Over the years, I've had 2 occasions when I needed to ask a question and sent an email. The responses were swift and very helpful - like over and above my expectations. I highly and enthusiastically recommend Reachmail.

Cons

Sincerely, I have not had a problem that hasn't been addressed by very efficient Reachmail staff.