Keela Reviews

4.25/5 (87 reviews)

Gina Coleman

I love Keela! is very organized, efficient and user friendly. I wouldn't use any other program

Reviewed 2018-01-15

Saving Time, organizing how we manage our volunteers (I would suggest at Social Services to your industry category as it isn't there and thats what we do.)Visually appealing: good use of colour to organize categories and make it easy to find, images that help identify what category has what information. I had A.D.D and so many websites or programs are so text heavy and overwhelming and everything is shouting at you at the page to notice it. This program is superior in its use and look. User Friendly: I got the hang of the program easily. It is very detailed and easy to use. I like the fact I can email a volunteer and all the staff can see the email thread between us both. That is very convenient. My favorite is the interactions page. As I can see if there is a LOA posted, or if the volunteer only wants to volunteer in one program and not another. I am able to find out what is going on with the volunteer without reaching out to each one or calling a staff member as we all post our interactions in there. It saves me a lot of time and any program that can offer that is aces in my book

Melissa Traxler

Keela Review

Reviewed 2018-08-04

We are now able to track all of our sponsors and communicate more effectively with them. When we have fundraisers, we can create e-blasts and link them to our website. Support in is up! I am so happy.This software is so user friendly. When I began using this software, I had extremely limited knowledge of computer use and I was still able to figure it out quite easily. The software is able to accommodate all of our needs and do what we need it to do to help our animal shelter and fundraisers run smoothly and with accurate data. It is easy to track everything we need. I am so impressed. And for the price... I can't imagine using anything else. There is no need to spend a lot of money on some of these other programs when Keela and do ALL you need!

Bryant Whelan

Reviewed 2018-07-30

About the only benefit I have seen so far is that it is an online portal that is easy to put in information and to download contact lists. All of the other functionality that is available is there--we just don't know how to use it. We are still not even accepting payments via PayPal, even though we synched the accounts. Our marketing director needs some hands-on assistance with merging the forms to our website. The set up was not as complicated as I thought it would be, and the navigation is well laid out and easy to follow.

Angela Rosenberg

Great experience and meets many of our needs, but there's still room for improvement.

Reviewed 2018-01-15

The contacts database is great - it's easy to use, searchable, updates donations automatically, allows the team to stay up to date on who is assigned to the individual and events involving the individual. We used DonorPro at my previous place of employment, and it was more expensive and more complicated to use than Keela. Keela offers great value for it's database. Would love to connect to people's linkedin profiles and have pics, etc. Customer support is excellent. I get answers to my questions quickly, and they are always happy to help.

Cynthia Ceilan

Good "first-time user" system for basic needs

Reviewed 2018-07-31

We had hoped to use Keela for grants and donation management, as well as the primary email blast tool to replace MailChimp and Salesforce. Our expectations exceeded the capabilities of the system. Still, I would recommended it to small organizations that are moving from Excel spreadsheets and other less sophisticated ways of managing contacts.The project management tool is exceptionally well done and easy to use. It's the feature I use the most. The online donation/payment tool is also very well done, easy to set up and manage, and user friendly for both the administrator and the donor/payee.

R. Brad Stooksbury

A Quick, Low-ish Cost Solution for a Non-profit that lacked structure

Reviewed 2018-11-18

Overall this software has (or will be) a lifesaver. Our staff have had difficulties adjusting to the new system, mainly because there is structure and specific data points where before it was a mish mash of data in notebooks, Excel files, and Post-It notes. I would like to see some additional development devoted specifically to customization of the system. Keela is very much a rigid cloud solution with little to no customization options. Having the ability to control the look and feel of the system, donor-facing data, and being able to control what inputs are allowed from users would be a huge help. At the end of the day, though, Keela is a great solution for a small nonprofit who is looking for a quick solution at low cost.-Easy to onboard donors and volunteers (the difficult part was organizing the data to make it upload properly which has more to do with the administration of the organization that the software. -Immediate, flexible training for the staff. -Relatively simple interface. I say relatively because sometimes its almost "too" easy and some members of the staff overlook the simple solution.

Katie Thompson

Keela -- Quality Nonprofit Software at an Affordable Price

Reviewed 2018-11-20

What I enjoy most about Keela is how many features are included at an affordable rate. Working at a small organization, we were able to transition the vast majority of our spreadsheets and loose systems into one. We also were previously using an outdated hardware CRM system installed on a single, unreliable office computer and were in desperate need of a cloud-based system.

Annastasia Forst

Great all-around solution with AWESOME customer service

Reviewed 2018-08-07

We are a small not-for-profit with a large donor and volunteer base. We neeeded a solution that was robust enough for our needs but simple enough for our staff team to use. Our previous software was WAY TOO complicated and expensive but since switching to Keela my team is super happy. It allows us to manage all our stakeholders in one place! Including donors, volunteers, e-news subscribers and event participants. And the customer service is THE BEST I’ve ever experienced. They are always responsive and if the system can’t currently do what i’m looking for, my “wish” goes in the development pipeline and I’ve witnessed several awesome feature updates because of this. A great experience!

Matthew Smedley

Good value for the money!

Reviewed 2018-07-27

We made the switch from an overpriced, under-utilized database software to Keela. The switch pretty smooth, not without a few learning moments, but all the data was imported. It meets our needs for receiving and tracking donations, receipting, e-blasts, reporting, and it comes with an affordable price tag! Customer support has been great. Overall, we are very happy with the software after using it for 6+months.The software is straightforward, fairly intuitive and does most of what we need it to do. The setup for donations through the software was simple. The email platform saves us from having to pay for a separate email service. Most of all, I appreciate the helpful customer support. They answer questions in a timely fashion and have made the overall experience really good!

Anonymous

Bit of a learning curve, but user friendly - excellent support and service

Reviewed 2018-01-15

Brings our team together on items we are working on independantly and collectively. Helps to provide a systemized approach to getting information out to customers and donors. Helps to organise tax receipts and track donor funding. Helps us to organise our members into categories they feel comfortable working in1) Dashboard - customizable for our social enterprise/Charity 2) Cloud based, allowing more mobile/rmote access for our team members 3) Pricing - fairly reasonable 4) Tags - customizable 5) Donations - easy to track and issue recipts 6) Tasks and Projects - easy to track - provides accountability for team members (reduces redundant follow-up 7) Customer service and technical support - willing to work with an organisation to help improve (maximize) use of features

Anonymous

Must-have for Any Organization!

Reviewed 2018-11-22

Overall, I have found Keela to be very useful and I think the subscription has been worth every penny. I would highly for others to give it a try as it can really make donor engagement a much easier process. It has been very beneficial for our organization as we're now much more organized and efficient when it comes to donation tracking and have a place with all of our contact informations.What I like about Keela is that it has so many different purposes and can be used for more than just one thing. For example, I can use Keela to create a database for all of our contacts for our nonprofit organization. In addition to that, I can also create a donation page where I can track all of the donations that we recieve a create a donor profile, where I can report how much they've donated.

Leigh Schumann

Keela has been highly responsive and quick to evolve to meet the practical needs of its customers.

Reviewed 2018-01-11

I like the simplicity of Keela however, it's important to point out that the simplicity doesn't compromise how useful the tool is. They've stripped down the CRM model to make it exactly what fundraisers at small and medium size charity need and got rid of all the extra widgets that just make tracking donor data unnecessarily complicated. We have also greatly appreciated the quick response time of the support team. Multiple features that we have suggested would be useful have shown up in new iterations of the product and the team regularly checks in with us to make sure that we are happy.

Kymberly Prouty

Keela has been great for our project management and keeping the team up to date.

Reviewed 2018-01-15

Managing Projects easily, creating fundraising campaigns that look good and track metrics, CRM integration.It is so easy to use! From the project management to running fundraising campaigns and eBlasts we have been able to do things with little to no learning curve. Customer Support is top notch - I have gotten answers quickly and have been able to resolve any questions I had. The company is very responsive! The whole BAHC team LOVES Keela!

Andrew King

Finally, a CRM designed for non-profits

Reviewed 2016-09-01

We were one of the lucky few who got to test out Keela from the very beginning. We had previously tried Sales Force and Hubspot but found them to be overly complicated and geared towards Sales. In contrast, Keela has clearly been designed with non profits in mind with the functionality and set up designed to track donations. engage donors and manage projects.A one stop shop for managing projects, sending newsletters, monitoring donations and building relationships with donors. The customer service is exceptional.

Julie Vargo

Very happy with switch to Keela, looking forward to updates and new features.

Reviewed 2018-01-15

I've been able to bring in other team members - employees and board - and enable them to use the software. As a result, we have increased our interactions and followups with donors. We get receipts out in a more timely manner. Also our online donations have become much simpler - both for the donor and for our record keeping and payment processing. Recurring donations are so much easier now. It's simple and clean, and doesn't require developer skills. All the basic features you need are there. I wish it had been around when I was first looking for a CRM. Keela would have been a great way to learn what needed to happen and I could have set up our system much faster and easier.

Imran Nathani

An honest opinion on keela.

Reviewed 2018-07-30

For us the goal was to save money on a system to process tax receipts. The fact that this does just that is right what where were looking for.Out of the box it did what it said it would. It accepts credit card donation via a platform of your choice, paypal or stripe, and then creates and sends out tax receipts. The fact that it also has a CRM and newsletter module are great!

Emily Sullivan

Quite easy to use as a total newbie to (though technically proficient) donor management software

Reviewed 2019-01-10
Review Source: Software Advice

The pricing feels expensive to a small nonprofit that doesn't usually spend money on anything but the animals in our care, but compared to others software programs, it is seems like a good price for the value. This software works well for a small nonprofit animal rescue that adopts out about 500 cats and kittens a year. After 3 years we had a bit over 1000 contacts (including adopters, so not just donors) and the next level in Keela (since it's based on contacts) we shouldn't have to buy until a few years down the road. Their customer service is very responsive. The software sends automatic donor thank yous/tax receipts. It's easy to upload past donations (like from PayPal, Facebook or other ways you've raised money and have a list - you must format the data correctly) and easy to upload your contacts. You can have different donation forms. You can have different campaigns. I haven't delved deeply into the reporting, but it looks very powerful and probably pretty easy to create custom/ad hoc reports on almost whatever criteria you need.

Jennifer Fernandez

Keela In Review

Used other for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-07-27

Customer service via email ONLY is not ideal, speaking to someone live is always better especially when trying to navigate new territory. While our rep has been helpful, the time spent sending emails could be minimized. I like the managment of donors and how easy keeping track of donations has become.

-from a tech newbiei

Reviewed 2018-08-13

-able to give tags to different people to group them in different ways -option to send out e-blasts and customize them with pictures -fast way to keep track of people -interactions button is very helpful along with the choices (in person, email, phone)

Claire Smallwood

Keela might not be perfect, but they will be soon.

Reviewed 2018-01-16

The auto-tax receipt option is fantastic and the rest of the platform makes it easy to create multiple regional email campaigns at once.

Cari Siebrits

Keela review

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Overall, it's been a great experience and I would definitely recommend this as one of the best platforms I've seen out there for non-profits!Super easy to use as a platform (especially compared to our previous, outdated, limited database). I like how easy it is to search, see high level info, and integrate with other platforms (e.g. mailchimp)

Kayla Walsh

Keela is helpful and a good way to keep organized.

Reviewed 2018-01-15

Keela is a great qay to get information out quickly (eblasts) and see all contacts added by each individual in the organization.

Raji Aujla

Keela has significantly improved the way our team manages our current volunteers

Reviewed 2018-01-17

It is easy to work through. Very user friendly. I like that you can have different tags for volunteers from different programs. It has the ability to send out blast emails and add pictures etc. which is great.

Renée Motheral Clugston

Keela Works Well for Our Small Non-profit

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Overall, implementation of Keela was fairly painless. The Keela team is very responsive and hospitable. The features you get for the price are excellent, I would (and have) recommended Keela to other organizations!Keela is fairly easy to get started on and use. It has a fairly intuitive interface and an attractive look. The integrations with Google are appreciated. The price, for a small budget non-profit like ours, is pretty good.

Heather Reid

Keela review after, admittedly, limited use

Reviewed 2018-08-15

I am very excited about using Keela moving forward, once all of the bugs of importing data is smoothed out. I think that the amount of ways you can use Keela and tasks you can complete is going to streamline many of our activities and create efficiencies. That it is a web-based platform, meaning it is easily accessible regardless of where I'm working for the day. I also appreciate clean design, which helps deal with the sense of feeling overwhelmed that I've had with other databases. And though I am only beginning to learn the breadth of features, the shear volume of what I am able to do is astounding.