Keela Logo
Keela

Fundraising CRM that unifies fundraising and donor comms.

visit website

Keela Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.35/10

See full reviews by rating

An amazing product with great customer support always willing to help. Cannot recommend this enough as it has provided an overall great user experience.
Keela is a mid-range platform that is relatively easy to use, with many useful features and a commitment to continuous improvement that is second-to-none.
This is hard to say, because I am sure that anything I am struggling with is user error, and not likely the software.
The worst I have every experience with software company's.
And there's something else: They (the entire team) seem to have such a customer service orientation that they LISTEN. And they aren't afraid to admit that something needs to change.

Keela users...

Neon CRM-logocaret

Neon CRM

Constant Contact-logocaret

Constant Contact

How would you rate Keela?

Keela "Thinks" Like We "Think"

Transcript

Doug L.: Hi, my name is Doug. I'm president of a nonprofit, and I would give Keela five out of five....

Keela has been highly responsive and quick to evolve to meet the practical needs of its customers.

Pros

I like the simplicity of Keela however, it's important to point out that the simplicity doesn't compromise how useful the tool is. They've stripped down the CRM model to make it exactly what fundraisers at small and medium size charity need and got rid of all the extra widgets that just make tracking donor data unnecessarily complicated. We have also greatly appreciated the quick response time of the support team. Multiple features that we have suggested would be useful have shown up in new iterations of the product and the team regularly checks in with us to make sure that we are happy.

Cons

The dashboard isn't the best. I would appreciate being able to customize it to be able to see the information that is important to you at a glance.

Thanks for your feedback! We are planning to make some improvements to the dashboard and we'd love to hear your ideas. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Keela review to date

We have only just started using the software, so do not feel we have had enough time with it yet to review it. We have noticed a couple of glitches with the software which are unique to our two organizations, as mentioned earlier in this survey.

Pros

We are very new to the software, so our focus so far has been on data entry and setting everything up and developing convention for entry to ensure consistency.

Cons

We would love to see the ticketing software that integrates with Keela. We have been using TicketPeak and it is not a simply process to ensure we are accurately capturing contact info. One system for our CRM, fundraising and box office would be ideal. We would also like there to be a way in which we can issue tax receipts for each of our two charitable organizations without having to pay for two separate databases. They are essentially the same contact list, but donations are made to either or both organizations. It would be great to find a solution to this within just the one database.

Keela Review

So far it has been good, I am happy with our choice and the abilities, I think with some key enhancements this could be a really great platform.

Pros

I like the overall donor management options including importing donations from other sources, the ability to soft credit, adding volunteer hours, etc. The cost of the software if excellent and it links to several other programs we use. Customer Service is great when I do reach out for help.

Cons

I would the forms to be more dynamic, right now I have to create too many forms. An example if a campaign we did for a free sticker, within the campaign we wanted to offer the donor a chance to pay for the sticker shipping and possible donate something extra. I couldn't do this in one form, I needed a for ​the free part and separate from if they wanted to donate. Overall I think the forms could be improved to allow for more flexibility​, I would like to have some of the questions like "pay for the fee" to default to Yes. Pulling reporting from specific forms is not easy, we use this for tour registrations and it is cumbersome to get to the responses sorted by tour day, overall forms could be more efficient​ and enhanced. I would also like to see a mobile app.

Hello Courtney! Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time. I'm so glad to hear that you are happy with Keela! The Customer Success team have loved working with you too! We've got some really exciting enhancements to forms scheduled soon - I think you're going to love them! Stay tuned and thanks again.

Simple, fairly comprehensive but could use some upgrades

Overall we have been happy with Keela. We chose it above others because we could send our emails and keep up our mailing list in the same software. The emails are somewhat limited but do the job. I am not an experienced computer person, so the software needs to look inviting and be easier to understand and operate for me to like it. Keela was easier than most we looked at.

Pros

It is fairly easy to do the basic functions on Keela.

Cons

I don't often have to pull reports, but when I do it is cumbersome and challenging. It is better than the previous software we used but I like to use the Tags to identify different groups of people and it takes a while to figure out how to do this each time.

Keela streamlined us

Overall our experience has been very positive, and I am happy to use Keela for work every day.

Pros

Our intro to Keela was fast and furious, but the customer service team made starting up very easy. The interface is user friendly, and everything is clearly labelled. We now have all of our contacts in Keela, and use the form feature to embed all of our forms onto our website. Keela forms look so much more professional than the Google forms we were using. Looking for info or data on Keela is quick and easy, and it's also simple to edit or change things as needed. It has made our paperwork load lighter, and for that we are grateful!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that you have to manually integrate duplicate contacts, but other than that it's a great service.

Keela is King of CRM

Very enthused and satisfied with our experience with keela. We have gained greater customer insights and the donor tax receipt system is very much improved from our previous software

Pros

The software is easy to use and has a number of features. The customer support is outstanding which is valuable because there are so many features.

Cons

The communications software and integration with the segments and tags can be cumbersome and requires more steps than other programs like mailchimp. However, Keela is constantly improving its offerings and we see these as minor compared to the benefits

Accessible and cost-effective CRM for non-profits

This was our first online donation portal, and it worked perfectly. And having this combined with a CRM, to track all interactions and contact data, at an affordable price has been perfect.

Pros

The program is ready to deploy immediately for non-profits, and does not require an in-house IT team to deploy. The folks at Keela have designed it specifically for non-profits and administrators can begin using immediately. Very user friendly, so also easy to onboard a team of users to begin using immediately. Combines CRM needs with fundraising functionality in one program. Ease of importing and exporting custom data sets is a huge bonus.

Cons

Linking companies to individual contacts is not intuitive at first, and can result in duplicate entries. However, they are easily merged.

A Quick, Low-ish Cost Solution for a Non-profit that lacked structure

Overall this software has (or will be) a lifesaver. Our staff have had difficulties adjusting to the new system, mainly because there is structure and specific data points where before it was a mish mash of data in notebooks, Excel files, and Post-It notes. I would like to see some additional development devoted specifically to customization of the system. Keela is very much a rigid cloud solution with little to no customization options. Having the ability to control the look and feel of the system, donor-facing data, and being able to control what inputs are allowed from users would be a huge help. At the end of the day, though, Keela is a great solution for a small nonprofit who is looking for a quick solution at low cost.

Pros

-Easy to onboard donors and volunteers (the difficult part was organizing the data to make it upload properly which has more to do with the administration of the organization that the software. -Immediate, flexible training for the staff. -Relatively simple interface. I say relatively because sometimes its almost "too" easy and some members of the staff overlook the simple solution.

Cons

-I am not fond of the analytics tool. Again, maybe this has more to do with the fact that its too simple, but as an analyst I find it difficult to get the information I want easily. -We have had some struggles with the integration with other vendors-specifically MailChimp. After following all the instructions for both companies, we still cannot complete a good link.

Hello Brad! I'm so glad to hear your feedback - especially your sentiments about training which the Customer Success team are particularly proud of :). I'm also pleased that you find the system to be easy - Our goal is a simple system that users can transition to easily so this is very good news! I understand that the Analytics tool can be challenging sometimes - and I'm happy to let you know that...

Pleased Overall

It's been positive.

Pros

I love that Keela is always adding new features and seems responsive to user's requests for improvements.

Cons

Running reports is still difficult. And there are lots of parts of the software we haven't made use of yet. We haven't paid for extra customer support and maybe we should do that until we are more familiar with the software.

Great for our nonprofit!

Keela has been a great product for our new, but growing nonprofit! We have no plans to change our CRM and are looking forward to other options offered by Keela.

Pros

Keela was easy to set up and incorporate into our daily use.

Cons

Would love for the software to be a bit more customizable in terms of graphics and layouts for marketing emails.

Fantastic product for NPO's

We're happy to finally have a cloud-based database where many of our team members can access important information and we can all work together to perform tasks. Working with Keela has been a positive experience from the beginning and we especially appreciate that they consider feedback and are constantly improving and making updates.

Pros

Keela has become our one-stop-shop for donor, member, e-mail management, etc. and has streamlined our processes immensely. The integration and import of all of our current data was seamless and quick and if we ever ran into any issues, customer service was very helpful. Keela is very easy to use and learn, which made training our very busy staff and volunteers very easy.

Cons

Our organization has some pretty specific needs, and not every feature from our previous donor/member database was able to be customized in Keela. However, we were able to find some work-arounds and the pros of using Keela vastly outweigh the cons.

Hello Meghan! This review made our hearts sing - This is exactly the experience that we are striving for you and your team members. While you said so many wonderful things, it's your comment about us considering feedback and making constant improvements that I'm most pleased about. Our Product Team works so very hard to collate and action each piece of feedback that we receive and it's brilliant to see that their hard work shows. I'll be sure to pass this through to them! Of course, your compliments for our customer service was the cherry on top. Thank you again! Keep sharing your feedback and we'll keep building together.

Very happy with our experience!

Overall we are very happy. Keela is easy to use and has helped us improve our donor experience. Our staff can now check donor accounts and see all relationship details at a glance.

Pros

As a smaller charity we are most impressed with the integrated features on Keela. Being able to direct our donors to give online and know that they will automatically receive a tax receipt and thank you makes us very happy. Tax receipts are now branded and our charity is listed on our donors credit card bill. This helps tremendously with brand recognition! We are now able to save a lot in administration costs by no longer having to be dependant on third party processors. More importantly than money saved is the improved donor experience that we can now provide. We never have to direct our supporters to a third party to resend tax receipts, update credit card information, stop or increase monthly donation, etc. The BCC and FWD email features are a real time saver as well!

Cons

There are some features that need improvement to completely satisfy our needs but we find Keela always makes the effort to continually improve their product and is open to suggestions through their Ideas Portal. At the moment our biggest challenges with the software are: limitations in reporting, e-blast design features are limited and donor interactions are not able to be imported.

Oh, hello Laura! Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful feedback. Firstly, let me just say that the Customer Care team think you are great, too! Your feedback over the last 9 months (Wow, has it really been that long?) has been absolutely integral to our Product Road Map. I'm very happy to share that enhancements to Reporting and E-blasts as well as the ability to import Interactions are on all on there! Keep an eye out for communications about each improvement as they're made in the system. Thanks again - we really appreciate you!

Keela "Thinks" Like We "Think"

I'm sorry that, when a person reads the "cons," it probably sounds like I'm "dissing" the software. But the truth is - it's the best we could find. And there's something else: They (the entire team) seem to have such a customer service orientation that they LISTEN! And they aren't afraid to admit that something needs to change. For example, see above when I mentioned the problem with state abbreviations....

Pros

Keela's pricing structure was straightforward and fair. They didn't charge "by the user," like some vendors do. Yes, there's a sliding scale based on the range of contacts, but for our org, the scale seemed fair. We had tried numerous (I forget how many) products previously. I'm ashamed to admit we rarely stayed with one product longer than a year. DonorPerfect. CiviCRM. Salesforce. Blackbaud. Bloomerang....

Cons

I need a bigger box. (haha) I didn't like the way they seemed to want to hide certain fields from me - like, they were afraid it would make the software seem too complex. The reporting module seemed sooooo basic. I just wanted them to give me a "field picker" for every field and let me choose exactly which fields I wanted. Instead, someone in their product development team had apparently decided which...

Doug! We've said it before and we'll say it again - thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your enthusiasm, your passion and most of all your willingness to work with us to make the system better. Keela is on a rocket journey to the moon and we're so glad to have you onboard! Thanks always, the Keela Customer Care team (and every single team member t Keela if I'm being honest - we are all BIG fans!)

Great team, great product

Overall our experience has been top-notch!

Pros

Easy integration with multiple other tools related to email, events and accounting. We were very happy with the ability to upload our previously accumulated data through the import tools. Self Help documents are thorough and the Support team are responsive, clear and concise.

Cons

Soft credits and ability to report on both the initiator and the final delivery vehicle would be super helpful. Minor- but an ability to track any premiums distributed through some form of inventory capture would be great.

Hi Christopher, thanks so much for your feedback! The Support Team is thrilled to hear our Support resources have been useful for you and your team. I'm curious about your recommendations for Soft Credit Reporting and 'Inventory Capture'. Our team would love to hear more about what you have in mind related to this. If you are interested in sharing your ideas with us, please reach out to support@keela.com. We are problem solvers, so we may even be able to help you report on some of the things you are hoping for in the system. Otherwise, you can always add your ideas into our Product Portal for our team to review (https://portal.productboard.com/keela/1-product-portal/tabs/1-under-consideration). Thanks again for your review, we look forward to hearing your ideas!

A Modern and Innovative Tool that Helps Us Manage Our Donors and Sponsorships

Keela has helped our organization have a centralized data management center that multiple volunteers can access to perform tasks that keep us in compliance with our local and national government. In simple terms, it's made everyone's job a little bit easier!

Pros

It was fairly easy to switch from our previous CRM database that we were unhappy with. This software has given us the ability to communicate effectively with our donors, keep track of sponsorship pledges, and track our yearly fundraising goals. All of this has been easy to customize to our organization and add the custom fields that pertain to us.

Cons

To be fair, it's hard to be a "one size fits all" for any product, so of course there could be things that could be enhanced or added. For us, I would like to see when a pledge payment is past due and be able to create a segment or report that could show who is behind and by how much. Also, I would like the ability to create custom reports that would allow custom queries. The nice thing though about the Keela team, is they REALLY listen when you have a particular need like I just mentioned and they provide an Ideas Portal for just that!

Thanks so much for your detailed review Richard, this is great feedback for our team. I am happy to hear that Keela has supported you with data management, donor relationships, and fundraising reporting - that's exactly what we built the system for! If we are not saving you time, we aren't doing our job I noticed there are a few things in the system you are still on the lookout for. Specifically...

Very happy with Keela

My experience with Keela has been wonderful. I truly believe their heart is to provide a great product and an affordable price for non-profits of all sizes. We're a new and small non-profit but I feel like they give me just as much attention and support as they would a larger one. If I ever run into a question about how to do something, my customer support contact responds quickly and usually sends a personalized video telling and showing me how to accomplish what I am trying to do. The start up and data import process was simple enough to do myself. I use Keela every single day to manage our donor information and communication, eBlasts, fundraising (donations, pledges, recurring transactions, etc.), campaigns, formbuilding, etc.

Pros

I like everything about Keela. Their contact/donor management is powerful and thorough. Their forms are easy to set up for any need you might have - donor, subscription, membership, or other custom needs. Also, there is no limit to the number of forms you can create so you can have different forms for different campaigns, donor contact segments, responses to eBlasts, etc. Their integrated eBlasts are...

Cons

The biggest thing I wish they could do that is currently not available is to accept donations via eCheck or Bank ACH withdrawal. They are working on this though and I believe it will be implemented eventually. There are a few other bells and whistles that I would love to see added, but they are definitely secondary items. The core functionalities of Keela work great so my cons aren't really cons. They're more of a wish list that will probably be implemented eventually. Other than that, I really have no complaints.

Wow Doug, what an excellent review! Our team is so appreciative of all the detail you provided. You have been an absolute pleasure to work with. We can tell you are super engaged with making the most of Keela and can not wait to see all the things you accomplish. Also, we think having a wishlist for Keela is great. Our product is built from these very ideas, so keep them coming! As always, we are happy to have you, keep up the brilliant work :)

Keela to supports my nonprofit needs!

Pros

I am so happy to have found Keela to supports my nonprofit needs! At first, I was impressed with the sales team and the product presented to me. The team took the time necessary to help me understand the product. They were not pushy and answered all my questions. They are more affordable than competitors with similar functionality. The software is super easy to use. It looks great. The functionality...

Cons

I do not use the dashboard so much and it's not that customizable.

Hi Melanie, thanks so much for your fabulous review! We all love working with you, so glad you've enjoyed working with us too :) Regarding the dashboards, some great improvements are coming in our new platform that you'll have the chance to migrate to this summer. We look forward to sharing that new enhancement as well as many others with you very soon!

A fantastic value for getting your business organized

Customer service has been incredible. Prompt, helpful and definitely above and beyond my expectations. I appreciate the newsletters Keela sends out - they are relevant and timely.

Pros

I find the software very easy to use. The customer database is laid out very well and I love you can track emails through gmail. The email creator is a wonderful addition and it is very helpful to have a newsletter generator built right into your database software.

Cons

I wish the dashboard was more customizable. I would like to see some automation available in the campaign section - to have emails triggered automatically would be helpful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, Elsa! We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying Keela :) I have some good news in that we've launched more customization for the dashboard in our new platform, that you'll have the opportunity to migrate to in the coming months. Also, I love your idea on email automation - I'll definitely get that to our product team for consideration for future releases. Thanks again for your time and we look forward to sharing the new dashboard with you very soon!

Review for small charity with staff of one looking to grow our capacity

Overall Keela is excellent and I love using it. More than that, I love the Keela brand and what the company stands for. There's a warmth and personal approach that helps me feel confident that the Keela team are in my corner. Since I'm the only staff member for my charity, I can't overstate the importance of feeling like Keela are an extended part of my charity team - you help me feel supported and less alone. Thank you! (Also love the annual capacity conference - please keep it coming!!)

Pros

The price point is REALLY amazing for very small, young charities. For the functionality, Keela offers huge bang for our buck. My charity Board love that Keela are specifically aiming to help small charities like our grow our capacity. Switching to Keela has allowed me (the ED and sole staff member) to streamline our work flows and automate a bunch of things (like tax receipts and donor thank yous!) that were taking up a lot of my time.

Cons

One thing that bugs me a lot is when someone uses the contact form that is embedded into our website I seem to need to click through several layers in Keela to actually get to their message (notifications > contact > interactions > contact form > message). It'd be amazing if somehow those messages were easier to access - it took me a few goes to figure out that I need to look up "interactions" for a contact, and not "emails".

Hi Elisabeth, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review for Keela! We are so warmed that you consider us part of your team. We definitely love helping out our customers and consider them part of the Keela family as well :) I've passed on your feedback to our team regarding the form responses and interactions vs emails. We are currently working on some improvements, so hopefully, these items will be included in a release soon!

Great starter tool, needs more features for more mature orgs

This is my second non-profit where I've chosen to install Keela. The first installation worked super well for managing donations and volunteers. The second installation is for a more mature non-profit, and requires managing donations, memberships year over year, and putting financial entries into quickbooks. This isn't working quite as well because we need more sophisticated features than Keela provides....

Pros

Easy to use, start-up ease, good import process, easy export. It worked really well for me in one non-profit where I needed simple email blasts, to track donations, volunteers, etc. It has a nice automatic email form for donations and memberships. You can search your contacts easily by name or email, and tag groups easily. Tags are easy to organize. The old dashboard did a great job managing campaigns and tracking donations against the goal. For small orgs, this is a good basic starter tool for managing your contacts and interactions.

Cons

It's missing some things a more mature org needs. We're a neighborhood organization that relies on memberships. There's no renewal process in Keela at this time. You can't search by street name or address fields, so broadcasting to a group on a street is impossible. Sometimes we feel Keela gets 'tired' and can't find a contact we know is in there. So we refresh the browser, and lo and behold, there...

Hi there. Thank you for providing such detailed feedback. This is absolutely outstanding and we are very grateful to you for taking the time. I've crossed referenced some of the missing features you mentioned (such as address filtering and membership reporting) and I can see that they are logged in our Ideas Portal and our Product Team are working hard to introduce them. Thank you for sharing this with us - it's instrumental in our quest for constant improvement! :)

I love Keela! is very organized, efficient and user friendly. I wouldn't use any other program

Saving Time, organizing how we manage our volunteers (I would suggest at Social Services to your industry category as it isn't there and thats what we do.)

Pros

Visually appealing: good use of colour to organize categories and make it easy to find, images that help identify what category has what information. I had A.D.D and so many websites or programs are so text heavy and overwhelming and everything is shouting at you at the page to notice it. This program is superior in its use and look. User Friendly: I got the hang of the program easily. It is...

Cons

I wish Keela could create a software program for inbound and outbound calls. The program currently being used is "iCarol" which is a great program, however it would be great to have another software option. Once upon a time Bell was the only company to monopolize the phone industry...now there are several ... Removing a volunteer: It is frustrating categorizing volunteer as "inactive" as they still show up with all the active volunteers, which clogs up the page. If you had a separate page as inactive (so they wouldn't show up with the active volunteers) that would make a MASSIVE difference. As volunteers honor their commitment and leave .. so we have A LOT of inactive volunteers with the active volunteer

Thanks for your feedback! We're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Small Nonprofit Review

Prior to Keela, we were using multiple tools for CRM, donations, and communication. Keela has simplified this and has made my job much easier.

Pros

The intuitiveness and ease of use, along with the broad versatility, are the main aspects that I like the most. It has made our CRM tasks so much easier to perform and track.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. There are a couple more features I'd like to eventually see (like mobile access or some smoother integrations.)

Howdy Matthew! Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Keela. We're very grateful! We are chuffed to hear that you find the system easy and intuitive - #goals! We're very excited for mobile access too... coming soon! Thank you, again.

Keela Review

We are now able to track all of our sponsors and communicate more effectively with them. When we have fundraisers, we can create e-blasts and link them to our website. Support in is up! I am so happy.

Pros

This software is so user friendly. When I began using this software, I had extremely limited knowledge of computer use and I was still able to figure it out quite easily. The software is able to accommodate all of our needs and do what we need it to do to help our animal shelter and fundraisers run smoothly and with accurate data. It is easy to track everything we need. I am so impressed. And for the price... I can't imagine using anything else. There is no need to spend a lot of money on some of these other programs when Keela and do ALL you need!

Cons

So far, the only thing that I don't like is that I cannot print off an e-blast that I design to post in various vet offices and at the shelter. I have to create a separate brochure for anything besides e-blasts. Maybe this is possible and I just don't know how to do it. But to me, this is the only draw-back.

Hi Melissa, thanks for your feedback! Posting an E-blast at vet offices and shelters sounds like a great idea. You can definitely save a PDF of an E-blast for printing. You can find instructions for how to do this here (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) - and don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team if you need assistance with anything....

A CRM that better fit our needs.

Keela and their team has been exceptional in their customer service and getting back with answers to my questions.

Pros

Keela's features were designed with non-profits in mind (versus business-based designs from competitors) that allow for easier organization of newsletter campaigns, volunteers, and interactions with contacts.

Cons

Keela 1.0 is rough around the edges in some aspects. For example, the e-blast editor is difficult to navigate on a laptop or smaller desktop screen as some text boxes or drop down menus get squished or pushed off screen, and pressing one wrong button could lead you to lose your work.

Thank you so much for your review, Mackenzie! We hope that Keela 2.0 has been a more user-friendly experience for you! Your team has provided great insight to our Support Team on additional features you are looking for in the system. This goes a long way in supporting our team in building an even more user-friendly platform! We appreciate your time and look forward to continuing to work with the team!

Love it so far and excited to continue integrating it into our regular workflows.

Pros

The customer service has been good, the platform offers a robust feature set with good customization. We are still learning and implementing the tool and it feels like it has a lot of more to offer as we continue to integrate it into our daily operation. Some of the other platforms didn't offer as much flexible control. The pricing feels fair and transparent. As we were looking for a tool the more established systems were too expensive and were hard to get a good sense of and the cheaper systems lacked a lot of features that we were looking for. Keela feels like the right balance, and we have already seen updates and new features that make it a better solution.

Cons

The user interface is good but there are areas where it feels old and clunky and a little confusing. The report creation and segmentation tools in particular feel like they could be streamlined. The tools work but they feel like they are lagging behind some of the other user experiences in other parts of the Keela platform. That's a small complaint so far very happy and excited to continue to learn the platform.

Hello Sam. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We really appreciate this - especially your comments on our Reporting tool. I'm happy to report that our Product Team are currently designing a bunch of enhancements to improve it, based on feedback from our users just like this! It's always a great feeling to know that our Product Roadmap aligns exactly with what our customers are asking for. That's the sweet spot! If ya'll keep providing us with such thoughtful and challenging (in a good way!) feedback, we'll keep working to make Keela the best that it can be. Thanks so much! The Customer Care team.